Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6964 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
31. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 30, 2015, 03:59 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 03:57:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:05:
Quinn wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 07:03:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 03:08:
Quinn wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 00:44:
nin wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 22:36:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 22:34:
Quinn wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 17:03:
Quboid wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 16:02:
Mafia is to Grand Theft Auto what The Witcher is to The Elder Scrolls, a mature take on the same basic premise. I'll keep an eye on this one.

It's crazy how GTAV is one of my biggest wastes of money of the last few months. I play games first and foremost for the story and singleplayer experience. The story was absolutely horrid. A bad written piece of junk written by a 13 year old with a boner.

Can't wait for Mafia 3.

Why the fuck would you buy GTAV if you know you don't like playing villains? You're constantly ranting about that over the years here and now we find out you bought GTAV? Man you're not very smart.

Because he thinks he's a special snowflake. "Look everyone! I'm different! Look at me!"

Oh right, because playing a villain automatically means the story sucks! What kind of infantile reasoning is this?! Heh, and you insult me on my intelligence. The irony.

Hey I'm not the one wasting money on a game I know I won't like.

I challenge you to quote me the comment where I said that I knew beforehand that I wouldn't like the story. Can't find it? Let that be a lesson to you not to talk bullshit.

You seem to think I'm commenting on the story. I'm just pointing out that you're the same Quinn that is constantly complaining about crude games, not wanting to play bad guys, etc... and now I find out you bought GTA V. Doesn't really make sense.

You could just search your own post history for "rockstar" if you're (bizarrely) wondering why you wouldn't want a game made by Rockstar. Also reading through your comments I notice you think and write a lot about teen dick, kind of creepy.

I can at least applaud you for your ability of evasion. Obviously you searched through my comments. Obviously you didn't find squad to quote me on.

You're still missing the point but it's not surprising. It's all quoted above if you'd like to read it again.
I read through your comments before my very first reply to you just to make sure I was thinking of the right poster, and I was.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 29, 2015, 22:05 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 07:03:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 03:08:
Mafia is to Grand Theft Auto what The Witcher is to The Elder Scrolls, a mature take on the same basic premise. I'll keep an eye on this one.

It's crazy how GTAV is one of my biggest wastes of money of the last few months. I play games first and foremost for the story and singleplayer experience. The story was absolutely horrid. A bad written piece of junk written by a 13 year old with a boner.

Can't wait for Mafia 3.

Why the fuck would you buy GTAV if you know you don't like playing villains? You're constantly ranting about that over the years here and now we find out you bought GTAV? Man you're not very smart.

Because he thinks he's a special snowflake. "Look everyone! I'm different! Look at me!"

Oh right, because playing a villain automatically means the story sucks! What kind of infantile reasoning is this?! Heh, and you insult me on my intelligence. The irony.

I challenge you to quote me the comment where I said that I knew beforehand that I wouldn't like the story. Can't find it? Let that be a lesson to you not to talk bullshit.

You seem to think I'm commenting on the story. I'm just pointing out that you're the same Quinn that is constantly complaining about crude games, not wanting to play bad guys, etc... and now I find out you bought GTA V. Doesn't really make sense.

You could just search your own post history for "rockstar" if you're (bizarrely) wondering why you wouldn't want a game made by Rockstar. Also reading through your comments I notice you think and write a lot about teen dick, kind of creepy.

27. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 29, 2015, 03:08 Sepharo

Can't wait for Mafia 3.

24. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 28, 2015, 22:34 Sepharo

Can't wait for Mafia 3.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 28, 2015, 03:24 Sepharo

Is it mouse listing time?

Still using my MX310's which I bought in bulk.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2015, 17:25 Sepharo

nin wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 16:30:
http://www.usgs.gov/blogs/features/usgs_top_story/man-made-earthquakes/ (They mention the 5.6 there in the picture.)

Damn, that line graph is pretty telling.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
42. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 23, 2015, 00:20 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 20:52:
Flatline wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 16:51:
They aren't talking about it but the next big project is Cyberpunk, and I can't even begin to tell you how excited that makes me feel.

If it's anywhere close to as good as W3 it's going to effing rock! Still there are never any guarantees.

I just kind of wished that Geralt didn't talk in such a clipped LA Quartet/James Ellroy sort of manner. It feels kind of new to this game compared to my memory of Witcher 2 and definitely to Witcher 1 and just feels jarring to me.

It actually seems to me this is how it should have been for the first two games. The Weechers are supposed to be emtionless - for the most part - so the whole Joe Friday vibe fits. It's like that one part in the game where the woman calls Geralt heartless and he replies "I guess the mutations worked then".

Even among Witchers Geralt is noted for being really brief and monotone.
But really he's hiding a ton of emotion, especially considering the books revolve around his relationships with Yennefer and Ciri.

Geralt of Rivia from the Witcher
Roland Deschain from Dark Tower
Man with No Name / "Blondie" from Sergio Leone's movies

Pretty sure they're all the same dude.

News Comments > KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added
17. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 21, 2015, 20:57 Sepharo

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 20:37:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 19:45:
Anyone know if a KOTOR 3 is in the works... Because activity like this seems to suggest that.
Nope. I imagine that the future of full fledged Star Wars game seems to hinder on the success of Battlefront. I know EA signed a multi year contract with Disney on exclusive rights to make Star Wars games but there is no evidence of a third KoToR in the works.

No hard evidence, but a very late port and patch of KOTOR 2 seems to suggest they want to actively build the fan base of that series, perhaps in preparation for a sequel. They don't need to build the fan base for Star Wars games in general, that's already built in.

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 20:37:
No doubt there will a be the typical mobile garbage pumped out for Episode 7 release, but I think the supposed failure of ToR will make EA think twice about dumping huge amounts of money into a massive game like KoToR.

I doubt the failure of an MMO has any effect on whether an SP game gets made. Mass Effect in the Star Wars universe is very appealing to fans and money grabbers.

News Comments > KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added
7. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 21, 2015, 19:45 Sepharo

Anyone know if a KOTOR 3 is in the works... Because activity like this seems to suggest that.  

News Comments > Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts
37. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 23:28 Sepharo

Every time they do this they fuck up my account somehow. I already have 3 or 4 accounts with them because of this crap. I'm sure I'll need to start a 5th now if I ever play an EA game off Steam again.  

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
97. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 16, 2015, 04:37 Sepharo

Damn is Toxic some new buzzword around here or what?
This is some relatively civil stuff. Yet all these weird lurkers popping up to talk about how toxic everything is...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2015, 01:20 Sepharo

mag wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 00:11:
Task wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 22:36:
*Shrugs* A lot of the misc stuff is probably useful to folks that shop online all the time for anything. Its not just a online hub for buying movies and games; its practically an online department store now (gas grills, leaf blowers, shoes, clothes, and pink bras ahoy!).

My recent experience has been that Amazon doesn't actually sell anything anymore. Everything is sold by someone else, and Amazon just handles fulfillment. Get Amazon credit that says it must be used on items sold by Amazon? Gooooood luck. I had like $20 to get rid of by a deadline, so I'm like... okay. Let's try some video games. Nope. Computer hardware? Nope. Board games? Nope.

Okay, fine, let's try for some books. Type in a book title... only used copies available. Try another book title? Only used copies available! Obviously they actually do (must!) still have a large selection of books that they sell, but there are some enormous holes in their stock that wouldn't have existed ten years ago.

Anecdotally I feel my experience has been the opposite. Most of the stuff I get is from Amazon and I'm surprised when I find it's from someone else.

87. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 17:10 Sepharo

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 17:08:
Julio wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 16:15:
Looking forward to the articles. There's an element here who have invested thousands in Star Citizen that don't want to know the truth.
If you think that Derek 'Desktop Commander' Smart is telling the 'truth' then I suggest you seek psychiatric help. I'm not even joking.

*holds up mirror*

49. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 04:39 Sepharo

Zandog wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 03:07:
harlock wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 22:33:
derek smart is a known quantity around here, so step back for a second and ask yourself whether this will honestly have ANY effect whatsoever

This is exactly what's wrong with some Bluesnews comment posters. You have a skewed, toxic view of how these "developers" represent themselves.

A message to Bluenews. You don't have to take away freedom of speech but when you allow toxic behavior on you're website, it takes away viewers that the great journalism and reporting this site does provide.

[Disclaimer:] Don't like the comments? Don't read them. Read the news and be happy.

My response to this is simple. You can't control what comments people link from your site, from others sites. When your commenters are toxic, it easily associates you Bluenews, Base6 and James Furness as a whole. Get control of the comments on your boards when people obviously have an agenda and discard it. Let them find a new home to flame the industry on. You've been around too long to allow this to happen.

More red text and sanctimonious ranting from our newest oldest bit player.
Actually that should probably be "oldest newest" right?

41. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 01:23 Sepharo

I said goodbye to my $60 the second I pledged it.  

8. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 14, 2015, 19:46 Sepharo

Derek, did you agree to stop talking about this if you got a refund or did they just do that on their own? If you didn't agree to those terms it seems kind of silly that they would expect giving you a refund would quiet you.

Edit: Nevermind, I read the PC Invasion article. What a bunch of bozos, they disclosed that they refunded your money? lolol wtf.

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
113. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 10, 2015, 05:04 Sepharo

Ucrazy  

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
109. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 10, 2015, 04:06 Sepharo

Zandog wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 02:48:
Bluesews use to have technically mind, intelligent posters and commenters. It seems those people have been chased away. I've been a Bluesnews reader since 1997. I don't know anymore.

It's been mostly the same posters for more than the past decade.
And if you go back and read the comments from over 10 years ago they were much worse than you see now. But don't let me stand in the way of you drubbing Blue's, a site you've read since 1997, just because you've got blinders on regarding this game.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 9, 2015, 04:11 Sepharo

Wow it's MegaRace 22 years later Race  

News Comments > GOG.com's Windows 10 Support
37. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 9, 2015, 01:35 Sepharo

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 23:40:
*Trusted vendors (MS, RHEL, VMWare, Cisco, etc) are a huge deal in large enterprise environments. Anything that could possibly lower uptime and stability are huge no-noes.

**Compliance is also another big deal. This means that all of your servers follow a procedure for racking all the way to deployment. Usually, any deviation from that has to have a justifiable BUC (Business Use Case). "It makes it pretty" is not even close to a justifiable BUC.

I make enterprise software for a living. I guess all the enterprises we work with just don't give a shit.

6964 Comments. 349 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo