Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6473 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
48. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 02:34 Sepharo

harlock wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 02:00:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 01:35:
I scrolled back to see if you had mentioned them earlier but it seems to all be ranting about storage space like it's 2004.

so you enjoy the 48GB install size? wow you are so modern

More indifference than enjoyment.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 01:35 Sepharo

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 01:26:
Polish doesn't fix shitty design choices or [lack of] online functionality.

Could you explain?
Maybe I'm blind to these shitty design choices and lack of online functionality. I scrolled back to see if you had mentioned them earlier but it seems to all be ranting about storage space like it's 2004.

42. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 01:21 Sepharo

JeffD wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 00:29:
My question is, why isn't it optional? Titanfall every time I look at it looks more and more like "My first pc game", with its anemic multiplayer options, horrid AI, low number of players in a match, and amateur hour file structure, it was released too soon.

I really do not get the comments like these.
Have you played the game? It's one of the most polished releases in a while in my opinion.

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
46. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 01:46 Sepharo

Just got done playing 7 missions or so from the campaign. I'm really liking it. Took a bit to get in a game right at midnight but I eventually did and had no issues after that.

Yeah like TotalBiscuit said, the campaign is just sort of there running in the background. I have no idea what the story is about but the gameplay is what I enjoyed in the beta with more maps.

23. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 10, 2014, 22:19 Sepharo

Cabezone wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 22:10:
I played the beta and have been playing it a bit today. So far so good, yeah it's a port but it's a good one. Mouse/Keyboard works fine and dandy, adjustable fov, up to 90.

Controllers for PC's do have auto aim like a console...not sure how that's going to play out till a lot more people are playing.

Played today eh?

16. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 10, 2014, 21:45 Sepharo

I'm excited for it. I've wanted to jump back in ever since the beta went down. Got a few friends pre-ordering as well.

Looking forward to the map variety and fightin some monsters in MP

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
53. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 9, 2014, 11:21 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 05:18:
I enjoy the show but this game is absolute... absolute crap. The jokes are cheap as fuck, or farts.. I should say. Neither is there any motivation to continue in the story, because -- lol -- there's none to speak of. I understand it's fucking South Park but come on, it's an RPG and RPG's should have a goddamn story. Period. And mu god is the game just utterly fucking boring in general.

Loving the show, hating the game. People who think this is worth a buy are the people who laugh their ass off at every fart joke. Every time.

I'd say it depends on the kind of fart.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Specs
35. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 17:40 Sepharo

mag wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 17:08:
PHJF wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 08:32:
As far as I can tell Logitech took a hit in quality in the past few years. I have a late model G5 (which admittedly I've been using for a long time) suffering from the poor cord connection that apparently plagues many of their corded mice. The mousewheel has lost a lot of tactility, one of the sensitivity change buttons has always been poor to respond, and I hate that it doesn't store DPI setting onboard. Real comfortable, though. Their keyboard selection has been lackluster and they haven't released a worthwhile set of speakers in ages; Z5500 was the crown jewel of PC-specific speakers and they never followed it up.

I've been looking toward finally getting a new mouse and have been eyeballing Cooler Master stuff. Couldn't be happier with the CM keyboard I've been using, and their peripherals tend to be a bit cheaper than the competition.

I love my G700s from Logitech, though their mice do seem to have a left-mouse-button-dies-after-two-years problem lately. On the other hand, they have a three year warranty. So give them a call and a day later, brand new mouse. Hurray! They gave me a brand new G700s to replace my G700, didn't require the old one be shipped back or anything.

I've clicked through a mouse a few times. Open it up and see a trench formed across the plastic clicker.
I'm sure the occasional (flash) game mechanic where you click as fast as you can probably doesn't help it either.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2014, 15:47 Sepharo

I hate these fucking clowns so much.

http://i.imgur.com/OKw2X6p.png

First few times I did this I managed to miss the initial outreach after having to wait 15 minutes. For the session in the screenshot, I made damn sure I'd be there when they responded... but then they ignored me anyways.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2014, 03:31 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 02:20:
nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 08:47:
Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 02:53:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 16:12:
I always thought it would be ultra cool for Neo to wake up after he "died" in the third one and realize that the reality being sold to them was actually still the Matrix.

The stupid thing is, this is what they implicitly implied when Neo suddenly gets the power to stop the squid things at the end of Matrix II while he's outside the Matrix. I was utterly convinced that that, combined with the Architect's speech, just meant that while everyone in Zion thought they were out of the Matrix, they were just in sort of a DMZ, kept away from the docile sheep in the rest of the system.

If you all haven't seen it, I highly recommend the movie The Thirteenth Floor. As well as Dark City (bonus: directors cut!), filmed around the same time as the first matrix, and I believe used some of the same sets, hence they look similar.

Saw that one. Also very good. There was also another movie out around the same time that had people in VR games and crazy reality twists, but I forget the name.

eXistenZ

It is kind of interesting that 3 of the movies came out in 1999 (and Dark City in 98).

News Comments > Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Plans
10. Re: Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Plans Mar 6, 2014, 22:49 Sepharo

"[T]he first `Shaq-Fu,' that was at the end of analog right before digital came out."

Good ol' analog videogames.

News Comments > Valve Reddit Interview
18. Re: Valve Reddit Interview Mar 5, 2014, 21:58 Sepharo

Parias wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 17:02:
Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 16:37:
BicycleRepairMan wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 14:56:
Beelzebud wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 13:27:
Gabe is great, and I love Valve, but let's get real here.

Gabe stood on Alcatraz island at an AMD launch event saying that Half Life 2 was ready to ship, and that it would be bundled with all new AMD cards. 48 hours later he had to admit the game was still at least a year away, and people got cd-key cards instead of a game.

Given his track record, I can see why he keeps quiet about HL3. When he has something to show, we'll all know it.

Yeah, HL2s delay was a major screwup, not the delay itself, but the way it was handled. As I recall, they promised HL2 on something like "sept 30" in May before that september, and then, as the summer went by, they went into some kind of panic mode, and instead of TELLING people that "its not coming out in september" they kept silent, and when they were asked in like late august early september if the game was going to be delayed, they said stupid shit like "Not that we know of..". Most people can deal with and excuse delays, but we dont like being lied to.

I totally understand that they dont want to create that trap for themselves, but it really was a royal screwup that they not only walked into, but kept making worse.

I suppose they have decided not to say anything until the game is nearly complete this time around, but how do you define "nearly"? I suppose when you have the content and game up running and playable start-to-finish, its about halfway there or so...

And there was the whole thing about some hacker leaking an alpha build they used as a convenient scapegoat. It was funny how much drama that caused with fragmaster at planethalflife.

Wow, I had almost forgotten about that.

I remember that I once wanted to run a gaming news site. My only substantial post was a breakdown of the HL2 fiasco after I had played the leak / physics demo. After that it became extremely obvious that the game wasn't ready, they knew for a long time, and were using the leak as a scapegoat.

News Comments > Valve Reddit Interview
17. Re: Valve Reddit Interview Mar 5, 2014, 21:56 Sepharo

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 18:13:
Well we know Valve has been working on Source 2. So I would think they will build their flagship game to showcase the new engine. I hope it's as revolutionary as Source was when it finally got showcased. I still remember the jaw dropping abilities of Source when it was shown way back in 04.

They call the next major upgrade of the Source engine Source 2. When you play L4D2 or Portal 2 you're playing on an engine that at one time was branched/referred to as Source 2.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 4, 2014, 23:40 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 23:30:
60 % of Americans believe the stories in the bible literally: Genesis, Noah's arc, etc. So the fact that they think HTML is a disease is completely pedestrian.

I only know what HTML and SEO are because I work in the industry. If I didn't, I might still know because I like reading about technology, but people with other interests may not. For example, what does ATM mean to you?

I wish I never heard about SEO.
Usually pisses me off just thinking about it.

News Comments > Titanfall Launch Trailer
19. Re: Titanfall Launch Trailer Mar 4, 2014, 23:31 Sepharo

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 23:21:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 23:02:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 22:24:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 20:05:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 18:56:
Yes please.

Why do people say the Gunplay is like COD, when its not? Not on the PC any way.

Neither is the player movement, thank god. It doesn't feel anything like the usual Source game from valve either.
Thank god, those games are generally awful... got nuffin on id tech

Both have Quake engines as ancestors.
Should I have said id tech 5?, I should have, shouldn't have I since that is what I meant, I'm sorry. Obviously the old id tech is dated.

The Quake 2/3 netcode is still considered the best afaik.

Games using id tech 5:
Rage (2011) id Software
Wolfenstein: The New Order (2014) - MachineGames
The Evil Within (2014) - Tango Gameworks
Doom 4 (TBA) id Software

I guess I haven't played any of them, so I can't really speak to how it feels.

News Comments > Titanfall Launch Trailer
17. Re: Titanfall Launch Trailer Mar 4, 2014, 23:02 Sepharo

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 22:24:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 20:05:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 18:56:
Yes please.

Why do people say the Gunplay is like COD, when its not? Not on the PC any way.

Neither is the player movement, thank god. It doesn't feel anything like the usual Source game from valve either.
Thank god, those games are generally awful... got nuffin on id tech

Both have Quake engines as ancestors.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
38. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 22:28 Sepharo

I've heard good things about its South Park-ness and not so good things about its RPGness but I'm okay with that.

Now I want to know about its stability. Anyone running into CTDs, bugged quests, bad clipping, graphical issues? If not I'm prepared to drop the $60 (which seems insanely high these days but used to be pretty standard).

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
15. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 3, 2014, 13:31 Sepharo

http://xkcd.com/1227/

People always say the same shit.
"Kids these days"
Nothing new under the sun.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite DLC to Add 1998 Mode
13. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC to Add 1998 Mode Mar 1, 2014, 18:48 Sepharo

ViRGE wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 20:01:
Draugr wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 19:10:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 18:59:
Drayth wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 18:51:
Love the logo
I thought it was an allusion to the Tomb Raider box. But that was 1996.

I think its supposed to resemble the 'Thief' box.
Ahh, so it is. The only version of the Thief box I was familiar with was the square one. But they reused the Tomb Raider trapezoid for Thief at one point too.

Thief box

PC FF7 was also released in a box like that. I think it's still the only somewhat valuable game I have in my collection. Though I don't see it going for the hundreds that it used to on ebay.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
68. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Mar 1, 2014, 01:07 Sepharo

nin wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 23:28:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 21:41:
I am ready to play this

^ Shits on John Carmack, supports Bobby K.

Wouldn't supporting Titanfall, in a roundabout way, also be shitting on Bobby K. ?

6473 Comments. 324 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo