Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6631 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Reaffirms Anti-DRM Stance for The Witcher 3
39. Re: CD Projekt RED Reaffirms Anti-DRM Stance for The Witcher 3 Nov 1, 2013, 19:03 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 05:53:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 23:09:
Creston wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:32:
Quinn wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 05:28:
I agree with you that the literal fucking around and fumb fistfights are unnecessary. In any other game -- like God of War an GTA (the sex) -- I know it's put in there to bring in the youth group that only just found out that shaking their cock feels good and are in their Compulsive Masturbation Disorder period. But in The Witcher's case I don't feel that way -- it really makes that disgusting world complete.

It always seems weird to me that Geralt says he loves Trish so much, but never really hesitates at the opportunity to stick his dick in whatever succubus (literally) happens to be available.

I always make him keep it in his pants, except for one playthrough where I just played him as not really giving a shit about Trish anyway.

He's like that in the books too. From what I remember he loved some sorceress (Yennefer?) and she died so now he fucks everything that may slightly remind him of her. He's a broken dude.

edit: Hmm after looking it up I don't think she died... I think I'm mixing a few stories up. But Wikipedia says this so I think it's still her that he's obsessed with all the time, "Yennefer is Geralt's "soul mate" although their relationship is difficult and full of drama. Both Geralt and Yennefer are sterile, which adds another level of tragedy to the mix."

Yennefer is taken by the "Wild Hunt" before Geralt's amnesia. The Wild Hunt is thought to be a bunch of immortal specters -- actually, scientists think more of it as a "phenomenon". As Gertalt's memory returns more fully in The Witcher 2, he finds out the Wild Hunt are some sort of "elves" of pure evil from an entirely different dimension. By the end of The Witcher 2 he knows they probably still have Yennefer.

The Witcher 3 will be all about that, I think. I can't wait to finally bring the fight to the fuckers of the Wild Hunt!

I gotta be honest I played half of the first game and not event a fifth of the second. I'm more into the books. Going to be reading the third translated book next week during a long vacation with lots of downtime.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed
22. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Delayed Nov 1, 2013, 07:41 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 07:26:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 20:10:
The story I read over on Polygon said they're having trouble optimizing the game engine. It's not playable on anything lower than a 680, and even a Titan struggles to break 20 FPS.

This.

And you read the rest of the thread?

edit: I guess you could be joking as well.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
811. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 1, 2013, 07:39 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 07:19:
Beamer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 23:55:
And damn, we're pretty much back where The Jungle was in terms of gap.

No, not even close. Today's poor ghettos are NOTHING like what life was like back then. The crime is still shit (although nowhere near as bad), but they actually have electricity, clean water, sanitation. Hell, we live in a country where the poor own Playstations and cell phones. It's practically impossible to starve to death. Our poor are like the middle class for most of the world. But keep on exaggerating reality to justify reaching for that liberal utopia you will never see.

As for avoiding taxes, businesses are doing it right now. California is a great example. Businesses that haven't given up already are moving to Texas because they are getting strangled at home. Corporations like GM continue moving their operations to China. Remember Jeffrey Immelt? No, I'm sure you don't.

If you are so upset about the "wealth disparity" maybe you should donate some of your vast wealth you claimed to have. What about those 14 combined poor guys you claim to make more than? Be charitable or shut up. Do you even know any poor people? Have you ever spent 1 hour of your life in a soup kitchen? Have you ever donated to a food bank? Do you do anything unlike the typical liberal talking about the poor without acting?

He did clarify that he was talking about federal taxes not state and personal taxes not business. Also he wasn't talking about the conditions of the poor but the wealth inequality from top to bottom.

36. Re: CD Projekt RED Reaffirms Anti-DRM Stance for The Witcher 3 Oct 31, 2013, 23:09 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 11:32:
Quinn wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 05:28:
I agree with you that the literal fucking around and fumb fistfights are unnecessary. In any other game -- like God of War an GTA (the sex) -- I know it's put in there to bring in the youth group that only just found out that shaking their cock feels good and are in their Compulsive Masturbation Disorder period. But in The Witcher's case I don't feel that way -- it really makes that disgusting world complete.

It always seems weird to me that Geralt says he loves Trish so much, but never really hesitates at the opportunity to stick his dick in whatever succubus (literally) happens to be available.

I always make him keep it in his pants, except for one playthrough where I just played him as not really giving a shit about Trish anyway.

He's like that in the books too. From what I remember he loved some sorceress (Yennefer?) and she died so now he fucks everything that may slightly remind him of her. He's a broken dude.

edit: Hmm after looking it up I don't think she died... I think I'm mixing a few stories up. But Wikipedia says this so I think it's still her that he's obsessed with all the time, "Yennefer is Geralt's "soul mate" although their relationship is difficult and full of drama. Both Geralt and Yennefer are sterile, which adds another level of tragedy to the mix."

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2013, 23:15.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Oct 31, 2013, 04:57 Sepharo

I own a tow company... in GTA V.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 31, 2013, 04:01 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 03:11:
Veterator -

Depends on the laws in your state. In some states (Minnesota) you can have 1 ear bud in. For me, it is usually a learning and education point (ala verbal warning and explanation) and I write the ticket for the original stop.

If you are STARING at your watch, you obviously aren't just checking the time. 99.99% of people take less than a second to look at their watch.

Have you ever looked around? It is OBVIOUS when people are texting or playing Candy Crush, it isn't a trivial thing at all....

Do you have a general "Distracted Driving" citation?

I've always wondered why they always need to be defining new laws like "No texting" etc... Should just be officer's discretion (it usually is anyway) for distracted driving.

18. Re: CD Projekt RED Reaffirms Anti-DRM Stance for The Witcher 3 Oct 31, 2013, 00:28 Sepharo

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 00:22:
The reason the witcher is so meh is because it's totally a MODERN game, it has no gameplay to speak of and is just one giant movie. The witcher is a modern story based game, something close to heavy rain.

If your post was just these first two sentences I would assume that you were being satirical. But based on the rest of what you wrote I guess you're serious. You really think the Witcher is a movie game close to Heavy Rain.

727. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 23:57 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 23:53:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 23:41:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 23:28:
Bleed on little liberal, papa Obozo gonna kiss it and make it all better.

I don't know how you could ever expect anyone to ever take you seriously when you end just about every post this way. You're 36 years old. Maybe it's time to stop acting like a child.

When you fill a post of personal insults, I'm sorry but I'm not going to sugar coat a reply. You're not a bad guy Seph, I don't often agree with your views but at the least you're generally not a dick about it.

Thanks I guess. But didn't your parents or anyone else ever explain the concept of "being the bigger man" ?

Or at least phrase your insults in a way that doesn't sound like the 5th grade bully.

725. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 23:41 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 23:28:
Bleed on little liberal, papa Obozo gonna kiss it and make it all better.

I don't know how you could ever expect anyone to ever take you seriously when you end just about every post this way. You're 36 years old. Maybe it's time to stop acting like a child.

707. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 13:09 Sepharo

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 13:00:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 12:18:
Where'd that weird "Korea" come from in your Beamer quote Wowbagger?
Hah. I have no idea. Managing quotes and stuff is a PITA when I'm posting from my phone. Can't imagine where that word came from though.

Yeah I try to avoid posting from my phone because it's extremely frustrating. But one strategy I have, while at work when Bluesnews is blocked, is the chrome-to-phone extension/app. I type my whole post in a textbox on a site that's not blocked, select the text, and on a context menu select "Chrome to Phone" and then it appears on my phone clipboard and I can paste it here.

704. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 12:18 Sepharo

Where'd that weird "Korea" come from in your Beamer quote Wowbagger?  

702. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 12:03 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 12:01:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:48:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:42:
Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:27:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:23:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:17:
Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:15:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:14:
You're moving the goalpost, now it's only CEO's don't get fired, a minute ago it was no one in business ever gets fired.

No, no I am not. I am using CEOs as examples because they are high profile and it's easy to look at them - Johnny QA being fired never makes headlines.

But, to your point, in my first paragraph I say "President and VP," neither of whom are CEOs, and in my second paragraph I say "People," who certainly aren't CEOs.

Only my second to last sentence says "CEO." It isn't my fault you can't read and project that to all the lines you read before.

The reason they don't say fired is because they step down to save face, it's the same thing, if the share holders want a change, a change they get. Share holders being people, like you and me.

Lol. Most shareholders have little power over consequences for a CEO. They may step down after a major fuckup, but they're still gonna get paid tens of millions on the way out.

Because their contracts say that I'd imagine. Shareholders have more power than you think however.

When, in the last 40 years, has a change been brought about by shareholders other than someone with 5% or more of the company?
It does not happen.

Your belief in shareholder power is antiquated and na´ve. Only a very small amount of shareholders have any power, and these days it's almost exclusively fund managers. Most companies are somewhere between 15% and 33% fund held. Those funds hold power. The hundreds of thousands of other shareholders have no power at all relative to them (interestingly, do you know how tiny a portion of Americans hold any stock at all?)

Much like my believe in the Constitution right? Naive and antiquated?

"Oh shit I don't know what I'm talking about... NON SEQUITUR GO!"
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink because you're a liberal."

Whatever helps you sleep at night cupcake.

Well bless your heart.

700. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 11:48 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:42:
Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:27:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:23:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:17:
Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:15:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:14:
You're moving the goalpost, now it's only CEO's don't get fired, a minute ago it was no one in business ever gets fired.

No, no I am not. I am using CEOs as examples because they are high profile and it's easy to look at them - Johnny QA being fired never makes headlines.

But, to your point, in my first paragraph I say "President and VP," neither of whom are CEOs, and in my second paragraph I say "People," who certainly aren't CEOs.

Only my second to last sentence says "CEO." It isn't my fault you can't read and project that to all the lines you read before.

The reason they don't say fired is because they step down to save face, it's the same thing, if the share holders want a change, a change they get. Share holders being people, like you and me.

Lol. Most shareholders have little power over consequences for a CEO. They may step down after a major fuckup, but they're still gonna get paid tens of millions on the way out.

Because their contracts say that I'd imagine. Shareholders have more power than you think however.

When, in the last 40 years, has a change been brought about by shareholders other than someone with 5% or more of the company?
It does not happen.

Your belief in shareholder power is antiquated and na´ve. Only a very small amount of shareholders have any power, and these days it's almost exclusively fund managers. Most companies are somewhere between 15% and 33% fund held. Those funds hold power. The hundreds of thousands of other shareholders have no power at all relative to them (interestingly, do you know how tiny a portion of Americans hold any stock at all?)

Much like my believe in the Constitution right? Naive and antiquated?

"Oh shit I don't know what I'm talking about... NON SEQUITUR GO!"
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink because you're a liberal."

698. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 11:36 Sepharo

Ahh shit you guys are posting too fast... we missed the moment.

http://i.imgur.com/RTjbjme.png

695. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 11:30 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:16:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:13:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:45:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:37:
Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:26:
Rolling Thunder, it seems ironic to me that you are quick to deny the label yet you are so quick to call people liars who deny the label you assign them.

He's going to say something about ducks now and that will clear the whole thing up.

It must be terrible for you watching this mess unfold and knowing in the back of your mind the opponents of Obamacare were right.

You should clarify what you mean by "right".
It's had a horrible roll out (though working for a private company making public software I didn't expect it to be good anyway) but I still support it. I really hope you were right about Republicans (bizarrely) wanting single-payer now because I do too. But I suspect that was just some crazy talk and what they really want of course is to defund and dismantle the entire reform, I of course do not support that.

/Instead of your folksy duck saying you went with a folksy one about spades. I can't wait for what's next.

Right about it costing more? Right about people losing their plans?
I still think regulation is the only way to attempt to fix the healthcare system if at all, not government mandates ala obamacare.

It costs more for some and less for others. There were people who thought this was supposed to cost less for everyone? Over the long run it should keep costs down (in comparison to pre-ACA increase) for everyone. The goal was to get health insurance to be affordable for people not poor enough for medicare but not provided insurance from their company or not wealthy enough to buy their own. The other goal was to make tons of improvements to healthcare that the industry wouldn't do on its own. Some of the big ones were "can't be denied or revoked for pre-existing conditions", 80% of intake must go to insurees health, can stay on parents plan until 26, coverage must include *, etc.. Based on your (strange) admission that you're for regulation, I assume you like those reforms and just don't like that we're being forced to buy-in? Well that mandate was the only way to get enough money for those reforms to work and as you know it's based on Romneycare and is good for big-insurance and medical. Single-payer would probably cost more tax dollars and be bad for big business because the government could negotiate lower prices and compete with private plans which would also have to drop prices in response.

684. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 11:13 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:45:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:37:
Rolling Thunder, it seems ironic to me that you are quick to deny the label yet you are so quick to call people liars who deny the label you assign them.

He's going to say something about ducks now and that will clear the whole thing up.

It must be terrible for you watching this mess unfold and knowing in the back of your mind the opponents of Obamacare were right.

You should clarify what you mean by "right".
It's had a horrible roll out (though working for a private company making public software I didn't expect it to be good anyway) but I still support it. I really hope you were right about Republicans (bizarrely) wanting single-payer now because I do too. But I suspect that was just some crazy talk and what they really want of course is to defund and dismantle the entire reform, I of course do not support that.

/Instead of your folksy duck saying you went with a folksy one about spades. I can't wait for what's next.

674. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:48 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:38:
Sebelius just admitted "adequate" testing was never done before launch. She also admits they don't know the enrollment numbers because the system isn't working. Minutes earlier she said it never crashed and was functioning. Yeah, Obama will be accepting her resignation before the end of the year.

She probably should resign or be fired but unfortunately I don't think that can happen. If she's out, congress will need to approve of the new appointee and the republicans will likely block all appointees because that's how they do. I'm not sure when the next time a recess appointment can be made but if that's the route Obama takes they'll rant and rave about that too of course.

669. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:37 Sepharo

652. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 23:53 Sepharo

So many folksy sayings, so little substance.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
46. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 22:44 Sepharo

I'll give it a test run at my friend's place this weekend but I suspect that my stance about not buying BF 3.5 won't change.  

6631 Comments. 332 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo