Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6631 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 22:49 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 20:52:
nin wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 19:24:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 19:18:
Why Are So Many Violent Criminals Walking Free?

Because there's too many pot smokers taking up jail cells?

Funny you mention that.

Forget the ACA promise; I'm waiting on the President to make good on his campaign promise to legalize pot and stop the excessive persecution of nonviolent drug law offenders. Executive order that shit and be done with it. His approval rating can't go much lower, and it just might go up as a result.

Promised to legalize pot? When?

All I remember was a broken promise to not use federal enforcement of marijuana laws in states with medical. That's a promise that I think he just renewed, let's see how long it lasts this time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2013, 10:49 Sepharo

MajorD wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 10:38:
nin wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 10:33:
MajorD wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 10:28:
Where has 'Space Captain' been?

He got booted last xmas, as a special holiday present from Blue. Although it's certainly possible he's lurking under another ID, attempting to restrain himself...

Grin....I figured as much, but wasn't sure. He was/is an interesting dude (I mean that in a nice way). This is 'Out of the Blue', so that is what I came up with.

He was also Space Admiral and Orphic Resonance but both those were banned as well.
I like his trance music.

News Comments > Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix
27. Re: Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix Nov 12, 2013, 01:48 Sepharo

Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 01:35:
Didn't you know that Blues News is one of the biggest MS/Windows hate sites? Meanwhile, 99.9% of BN readers run Windows for their gaming. I really hope they all switch to SteamOS when it comes out, them maybe they'll start bashing something else they use everyday lol!

One guy spouting a bunch of crap about MS and the rest jumping on him for it... somehow that equates to a generalization about Blue's posters being anti-MS from you. Sounds more like the opposite to me.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2013, 00:08 Sepharo

Pretty brutal day for the "insiders".

Phil is 5-7 right now.
I'm 6-6
Beatin the insiders!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2013, 01:38 Sepharo

Hmm daylight savings time messed up my red stars.
Never noticed it do that before, guess I wasn't checking out the forums around this time in any previous years.

News Comments > The 7th Guest 3 Announced
18. Re: The 7th Guest 3 Announced Nov 2, 2013, 23:04 Sepharo

The 7th Guest and Myst came with my family's first PC.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
33. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 2, 2013, 23:01 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 22:36:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 19:28:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 19:02:
Taskeen wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:56:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:42:

Haha, name me a South American country that respects human rights. And Russia isn't exactly a paragon of freedom and human rights.

Snowden's problem is that he isn;t a traitor, but 90% of the people who swear to uphold our Constitution ARE traitors, and they are ready to squash him like a bug to protect their power.

Example of Double Standards in International LAW

United States - Holds Asylum of a known CIA paid terrorist bomber Luis Pasada Carriles. Pasada was recruited by the CIA and BOMBED a cuban airliner, killing 76 innocent people in 1976.

Venezuela - Demands that the U.S. extradite Pasada for trial, but the U.S. refuses.

Venezuela said if Snowden were to reside in their country, they would only hand him over on the grounds that the U.S. hands over a known protected terrorists like Pasada that actually committed a real crime.

Look up history, the CIA and the U.S. government for YEARS subverted South American countries, going as far as installing dictators that went on killing rampages of their citizens. So I'd say the South American countries, at their core now, are highly resilient to illegal espionage by the U.S.

So that should give you a clue why South American countries, in the past, had governments that abused Human Rights.

Do you follow the international news much? All the governments in South America still have human rights abuse going on.

Brazil, while claiming to eradicate wage-slaves, has freed less than 2000 of the millions of them working on sugar plantations. Why? Because POLITICIANS. Police frequently torture people, and nothing is really done about it.

Venezuela? Yeah, a living paradise on earth. Chavez never once violated the human rights guarantees that HIS OWN FUCKING CONSTITUTION GURANTEED THE VENEZUELAN PEOPLE. Oh, wait. Yes he did, every damn day of his rule. Don't forget the awesomeness that is Caracas, a city where you are three times more likely to be murdered than in Cartel run Juarez Mexico. Number 6 in the world for muder rate baby, yeah!

Well that's two down, just 12 more to go until your generalization is correct.

How about instead of your useless sarcasm you give us an example of a wonderful human rights beacon in South America.

I'm not the one making generalizations about an entire continent.

Besides, it depends on your definition of "respects human rights" and the time period. I could probably point to examples in the histories of any country on the globe where they didn't "respect human rights".

But I guess I'll play your game... What about Uruguay since 1984 (30 years)?

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Nov 2, 2013, 20:16 Sepharo

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 19:43:
The point being it adds nothing to the game and stirs controversy. The games industry gets enough grief as it is these days, why add to it?

Personally no big deal, but perceptions are everything and the game industry is under a microscope right now, why stir the pot?

Like I said braindead developers who can't think beyond the tip of their nose.

Or you could read the statement from the developer and understand exactly what it adds to the game. If you have already read it and still don't understand then I would wager that you're the braindead one.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 2, 2013, 20:14 Sepharo

Rhett wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 19:34:
I just can't imagine what goes on here, is all.

What goes on at any nerd convention... Costumes, panels, games, maybe a concert or two.

22. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 2, 2013, 19:28 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 19:02:
Taskeen wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:56:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:42:

Haha, name me a South American country that respects human rights. And Russia isn't exactly a paragon of freedom and human rights.

Snowden's problem is that he isn;t a traitor, but 90% of the people who swear to uphold our Constitution ARE traitors, and they are ready to squash him like a bug to protect their power.

Example of Double Standards in International LAW

United States - Holds Asylum of a known CIA paid terrorist bomber Luis Pasada Carriles. Pasada was recruited by the CIA and BOMBED a cuban airliner, killing 76 innocent people in 1976.

Venezuela - Demands that the U.S. extradite Pasada for trial, but the U.S. refuses.

Venezuela said if Snowden were to reside in their country, they would only hand him over on the grounds that the U.S. hands over a known protected terrorists like Pasada that actually committed a real crime.

Look up history, the CIA and the U.S. government for YEARS subverted South American countries, going as far as installing dictators that went on killing rampages of their citizens. So I'd say the South American countries, at their core now, are highly resilient to illegal espionage by the U.S.

So that should give you a clue why South American countries, in the past, had governments that abused Human Rights.

Do you follow the international news much? All the governments in South America still have human rights abuse going on.

Brazil, while claiming to eradicate wage-slaves, has freed less than 2000 of the millions of them working on sugar plantations. Why? Because POLITICIANS. Police frequently torture people, and nothing is really done about it.

Venezuela? Yeah, a living paradise on earth. Chavez never once violated the human rights guarantees that HIS OWN FUCKING CONSTITUTION GURANTEED THE VENEZUELAN PEOPLE. Oh, wait. Yes he did, every damn day of his rule. Don't forget the awesomeness that is Caracas, a city where you are three times more likely to be murdered than in Cartel run Juarez Mexico. Number 6 in the world for muder rate baby, yeah!

Well that's two down, just 12 more to go until your generalization is correct.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 2, 2013, 19:23 Sepharo

MxxCon wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 18:19:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 18:18:
MxxCon wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 21:29:
I think it's a fake story by Ars to see how far it can spread.
Or Ars got hacked and somebody posted this as a defacement.
Either way I don't believe that it's real. Stuff they are talking about is just too fantastical. Virus that can communicate using pc speakers/mics while computer is unplugged from power? bios battery does not have enough capacity to do that.

big fat BS.

The caveat about being unplugged was that it was a laptop with a battery. Kind of stupid to mention it at all given that.
It didn't say explicitly that they were laptops.

I've been reading this story on a bunch of different sites, it was probably somewhere else that clarified that.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 2, 2013, 18:18 Sepharo

MxxCon wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 21:29:
I think it's a fake story by Ars to see how far it can spread.
Or Ars got hacked and somebody posted this as a defacement.
Either way I don't believe that it's real. Stuff they are talking about is just too fantastical. Virus that can communicate using pc speakers/mics while computer is unplugged from power? bios battery does not have enough capacity to do that.

big fat BS.

The caveat about being unplugged was that it was a laptop with a battery. Kind of stupid to mention it at all given that.

15. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 2, 2013, 18:10 Sepharo

PC game enthusiast writes 3 paragraphs about unimportant NSA leaker.  

8. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 2, 2013, 16:25 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 16:20:
Judging by Blue's note, I take it he does indeed consider Snowden a traitor. Interesting.

You have the weirdest comprehension of things. The na´vetÚ here is that Snowden would think the U.S. would stop treating him like a traitor. Though I don't think Snowden actually believes that, the letter is more like a formality.

Not seeing how that translates to Blue considering Snowden a traitor. If anything it's negative of the U.S. government.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Nov 2, 2013, 16:08 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:16:
Prez wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 14:15:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 13:06:
There have been children zombies/monsters in games since forever. They are often a centerpiece in horror movies too.

They are supposed to be unsettling. That's the point.

Yep. One of the most powerful scenes in "The Walking Dead" game involved an infected child. People who don't like it don't have to play, but they don't have the right to dictate to developers what they can and can't put in their games.

It's actually the first scene of the first episode. And it's to say, "This isn't your father's zombie apocalypse show."

To anyone watching that clip who hasn't seen the show please understand that that isn't the original audio (sounds like L4D).

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
863. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 2, 2013, 14:32 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 13:57:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 13:51:
D-Rock, I've never seen Blue remove a post that lacked a personal insult. Are you sure yours didn't? Like Beamer mentioned, Blue tends to only moderate when prompted to do so, I guess someone reported your post, I've never done so myself.

Personally I'm against all post removal for any reason. There is another long thread on this site where some fundamentalist repeatedly called me a defender of pedophiles and other nastiness and it's still up because I'd rather it stand as a testament to the behavior of that poster.

He has Seph, he's removed at least a couple of mine that included zero personal insults at all. I've reported some of Nin's comments that are personal insults and nothing else, those are all still there.

It's Blue's site, he can moderate it as he sees fit imo, however the bias towards certain individuals is plain as day.

Now that I think about it some more, your right. I have seen Blue remove posts that didn't have a personal insult but were off topic. Like a political rant on a post that isn't even close to being about politics. Since this thread is 863 posts mostly about politics I don't think that would be the case this time. Since I didn't see his post I can only assume it contained a personal insult. Either way, I'm against it.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 2, 2013, 14:04 Sepharo

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 13:52:
Have to disagree, the game should not even be on steam. There is no point in using zombie children, developers are just being stupid and supporting stupid developers is braindead.

Disregard what the creator has said... Ozmodan hath spoken!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
861. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 2, 2013, 13:51 Sepharo

D-Rock, I've never seen Blue remove a post that lacked a personal insult. Are you sure yours didn't? Like Beamer mentioned, Blue tends to only moderate when prompted to do so, I guess someone reported your post, I've never done so myself.

Personally I'm against all post removal for any reason. There is another long thread on this site where some fundamentalist repeatedly called me a defender of pedophiles and other nastiness and it's still up because I'd rather it stand as a testament to the behavior of that poster.

News Comments > Valve: Steam Offline Mode "Designed to be Indefinite"
34. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 2, 2013, 05:28 Sepharo

Esoteric wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 04:34:
I've gone months in offline mode before with no problem whatsoever. Sorry some of you are having troubles, but it's not a conspiracy.

Lies. Didn't you see what Suppa7 said? He knows.

News Comments > Valve: Steam Offline Mode "Designed to be Indefinite"
27. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 2, 2013, 01:35 Sepharo

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 01:11:
jimnms wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 01:03:
At home I've played Portal 2 and Civ V on the LAN using the same account with one client set offline, and both of those use Steamworks for MP. After going offline, you have to go in the Settings/Friends and change the profile name to something different.

I'm sorry but you are misremembering, people don't complain about non-existent problems. You connected to the internet at some point and didn't have those boxes off for 3 months. Or some of those games do not have the forced internet login option turned on in steamworks. I can post screenshots if you wan't. I took screenshots when it happened for people like you who claim steam isn't DRM and doesn't lock out games.

It's all part of a conspiracy Suppa7. Gabe is lying and so is anyone else who doesn't have an issue with it. It's a hard 30 day count despite any claims otherwise. I know this because I saw it on my computer.

6631 Comments. 332 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo