Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6580 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
702. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 12:03 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 12:01:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:48:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:42:
Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:27:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:23:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:17:
Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:15:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:14:
You're moving the goalpost, now it's only CEO's don't get fired, a minute ago it was no one in business ever gets fired.

No, no I am not. I am using CEOs as examples because they are high profile and it's easy to look at them - Johnny QA being fired never makes headlines.

But, to your point, in my first paragraph I say "President and VP," neither of whom are CEOs, and in my second paragraph I say "People," who certainly aren't CEOs.

Only my second to last sentence says "CEO." It isn't my fault you can't read and project that to all the lines you read before.

The reason they don't say fired is because they step down to save face, it's the same thing, if the share holders want a change, a change they get. Share holders being people, like you and me.

Lol. Most shareholders have little power over consequences for a CEO. They may step down after a major fuckup, but they're still gonna get paid tens of millions on the way out.

Because their contracts say that I'd imagine. Shareholders have more power than you think however.

When, in the last 40 years, has a change been brought about by shareholders other than someone with 5% or more of the company?
It does not happen.

Your belief in shareholder power is antiquated and naïve. Only a very small amount of shareholders have any power, and these days it's almost exclusively fund managers. Most companies are somewhere between 15% and 33% fund held. Those funds hold power. The hundreds of thousands of other shareholders have no power at all relative to them (interestingly, do you know how tiny a portion of Americans hold any stock at all?)

Much like my believe in the Constitution right? Naive and antiquated?

"Oh shit I don't know what I'm talking about... NON SEQUITUR GO!"
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink because you're a liberal."

Whatever helps you sleep at night cupcake.

Well bless your heart.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

700. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 11:48 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:42:
Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:27:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:23:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:17:
Beamer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:15:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:14:
You're moving the goalpost, now it's only CEO's don't get fired, a minute ago it was no one in business ever gets fired.

No, no I am not. I am using CEOs as examples because they are high profile and it's easy to look at them - Johnny QA being fired never makes headlines.

But, to your point, in my first paragraph I say "President and VP," neither of whom are CEOs, and in my second paragraph I say "People," who certainly aren't CEOs.

Only my second to last sentence says "CEO." It isn't my fault you can't read and project that to all the lines you read before.

The reason they don't say fired is because they step down to save face, it's the same thing, if the share holders want a change, a change they get. Share holders being people, like you and me.

Lol. Most shareholders have little power over consequences for a CEO. They may step down after a major fuckup, but they're still gonna get paid tens of millions on the way out.

Because their contracts say that I'd imagine. Shareholders have more power than you think however.

When, in the last 40 years, has a change been brought about by shareholders other than someone with 5% or more of the company?
It does not happen.

Your belief in shareholder power is antiquated and naïve. Only a very small amount of shareholders have any power, and these days it's almost exclusively fund managers. Most companies are somewhere between 15% and 33% fund held. Those funds hold power. The hundreds of thousands of other shareholders have no power at all relative to them (interestingly, do you know how tiny a portion of Americans hold any stock at all?)

Much like my believe in the Constitution right? Naive and antiquated?

"Oh shit I don't know what I'm talking about... NON SEQUITUR GO!"
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink because you're a liberal."

698. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 11:36 Sepharo

Ahh shit you guys are posting too fast... we missed the moment.

http://i.imgur.com/RTjbjme.png

695. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 11:30 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:16:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:13:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:45:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:37:
Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:26:
Rolling Thunder, it seems ironic to me that you are quick to deny the label yet you are so quick to call people liars who deny the label you assign them.

He's going to say something about ducks now and that will clear the whole thing up.

It must be terrible for you watching this mess unfold and knowing in the back of your mind the opponents of Obamacare were right.

You should clarify what you mean by "right".
It's had a horrible roll out (though working for a private company making public software I didn't expect it to be good anyway) but I still support it. I really hope you were right about Republicans (bizarrely) wanting single-payer now because I do too. But I suspect that was just some crazy talk and what they really want of course is to defund and dismantle the entire reform, I of course do not support that.

/Instead of your folksy duck saying you went with a folksy one about spades. I can't wait for what's next.

Right about it costing more? Right about people losing their plans?
I still think regulation is the only way to attempt to fix the healthcare system if at all, not government mandates ala obamacare.

It costs more for some and less for others. There were people who thought this was supposed to cost less for everyone? Over the long run it should keep costs down (in comparison to pre-ACA increase) for everyone. The goal was to get health insurance to be affordable for people not poor enough for medicare but not provided insurance from their company or not wealthy enough to buy their own. The other goal was to make tons of improvements to healthcare that the industry wouldn't do on its own. Some of the big ones were "can't be denied or revoked for pre-existing conditions", 80% of intake must go to insurees health, can stay on parents plan until 26, coverage must include *, etc.. Based on your (strange) admission that you're for regulation, I assume you like those reforms and just don't like that we're being forced to buy-in? Well that mandate was the only way to get enough money for those reforms to work and as you know it's based on Romneycare and is good for big-insurance and medical. Single-payer would probably cost more tax dollars and be bad for big business because the government could negotiate lower prices and compete with private plans which would also have to drop prices in response.

684. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 11:13 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:45:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:37:
Rolling Thunder, it seems ironic to me that you are quick to deny the label yet you are so quick to call people liars who deny the label you assign them.

He's going to say something about ducks now and that will clear the whole thing up.

It must be terrible for you watching this mess unfold and knowing in the back of your mind the opponents of Obamacare were right.

You should clarify what you mean by "right".
It's had a horrible roll out (though working for a private company making public software I didn't expect it to be good anyway) but I still support it. I really hope you were right about Republicans (bizarrely) wanting single-payer now because I do too. But I suspect that was just some crazy talk and what they really want of course is to defund and dismantle the entire reform, I of course do not support that.

/Instead of your folksy duck saying you went with a folksy one about spades. I can't wait for what's next.

674. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:48 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 10:38:
Sebelius just admitted "adequate" testing was never done before launch. She also admits they don't know the enrollment numbers because the system isn't working. Minutes earlier she said it never crashed and was functioning. Yeah, Obama will be accepting her resignation before the end of the year.

She probably should resign or be fired but unfortunately I don't think that can happen. If she's out, congress will need to approve of the new appointee and the republicans will likely block all appointees because that's how they do. I'm not sure when the next time a recess appointment can be made but if that's the route Obama takes they'll rant and rave about that too of course.

669. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2013, 10:37 Sepharo

652. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 23:53 Sepharo

So many folksy sayings, so little substance.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
46. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 22:44 Sepharo

I'll give it a test run at my friend's place this weekend but I suspect that my stance about not buying BF 3.5 won't change.  

626. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 12:21 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 12:09:
Here you go sweetheart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTISOBhNCQU

Here's the transcript for that speech:

Remarks by the President and the Vice President on Gun Violence

edit: Oops I guess I should've refreshed the page before replying.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 29, 2013, 03:56 Sepharo

The astroturfers on the non-news boards are cracking me up interacting with each other.  

News Comments > Fallout 3 Turns 5
27. Re: Fallout 3 Turns 5 Oct 29, 2013, 03:26 Sepharo

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 03:13:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 03:05:
Do meteors have some sort of propulsion system I'm not aware of?

Yes. We are talking about the debris of planets and moons here, which themselves are orbiting a star or traveling through space at VERY fast speeds. It's not like a meteor just falls from the sky. Rather, a meteor will typically be traveling at tens of kilometers per second when it enters the atmosphere. Yes, it will have slowed down substantially by the time it hits the earth, but compared to an object starting with zero vertical velocity that falls to earth, i.e. a bomb, a meteor is a formula one race car, compared to the bomb's one-speed bicycle.

edit: a Google search says that meteors are typically going between 25,000 - 160,000 mph. Meanwhile, terminal velocity varies by object and atmospheric conditions, but realistically you're only looking at a several hundred miles per hour at most. Perhaps I should amend my analogy to supersonic jet versus one-speed bicycle.

I guess I was being a smartass because it's still gravity even though you made it sound like it wasn't.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Turns 5
25. Re: Fallout 3 Turns 5 Oct 29, 2013, 03:05 Sepharo

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 02:54:
As for an impact crater, you're seriously going to tell me that the force of gravity on an object the size of a refrigerator would make a football field sized impact crater that is a half dozen stories deep? Seriously? Unexploded ordinance tends to bury itself deep in the ground, so the half-dozen stories down part isn't implausible, but unless the thing goes off, there isn't going to be a crater. A meteor leaves an impact crater, sure, but then it's going many, many times faster than an object being affected by gravity, now isn't it?

Do meteors have some sort of propulsion system I'm not aware of?

Hardware > Just finished my new machine
7. No subject Oct 29, 2013, 02:44 Sepharo

Damn astroturfer invading my thread.  

598. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 29, 2013, 02:38 Sepharo

Obama administration knew millions could not keep their health insurance

"50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law. One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.”"

They will apparently be getting "better" insurance but it will most likely cost more if they aren't eligible for subsidies. I guess the "you can keep your insurance" mostly applied to the majority of the insured who got theirs through their employers assuming their employers didn't dick them over and drop coverage to save some bucks.

It illustrates the problem of trying to pitch things using simple sound bites. "If you like your health plan, you will be able to keep your health plan... assuming it meets all the requirements imposed by Obamacare or has not changed in any significant ways since March 23, 2010” just isn't as catchy.

edit: I've just realized that this will be considered giving Obama a pass unless I call him a name so... <shakefist> Damn that Obozo lied!

edit2: Went to look at links from Mad Max and see that he pretty much posted this same one. It was sandwiched between some other more sensationalized articles so I missed it. Credit where credit due.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2013, 02:52.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2013, 01:42 Sepharo

TorchMaster wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 23:20:
I have to add my name to Verno and Mr. Tact as the Giants game was my only miss of the week.

Only Giants and Raiders for me.

I kind of wanted to pick the Raiders too. Based on them having the better record and being at home. But all three experts and the vast majority of players went with Steelers so I followed. Picked the consensus pick in every game and only got two wrong. I guess they're getting easier to pick.

583. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 28, 2013, 20:39 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 20:37:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 20:31:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 20:18:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 20:14:
I think you meant their dads. But no, neither of them were going to testify in the LIBOR case. It was just something made up by conspiracy types like yourself. You should get less of your info from conspiracy websites so that you can sound like a reasonable person. And yes it is possible to be at odds with Obama, dislike the things he's doing, and clearly explain why you dislike them and still be considered reasonable by me. But when you're just parroting incorrect crap from Alex Jones and the like it really makes everything you say suspect. Like I mentioned earlier, for someone who is so concerned with bias and where people get their information, you seem to get your information from the worst possible places.

They won't be prosecuted, you'd think the bitch who headed this Obamacare rollout would be on the unemployment line right now, instead they're still trying to blame the republicans for their failure to take over healthcare in a way that would be at all beneficial instead of the reality of a mess it actually is.

Stop giving him passes, Obama knows what's going on, the democrats aren't any better than the GOP, in fact they're worse because they deliberately lie to your face, then switch the topic to something else. OVER AND OVER and people like you are too busy bitching about the big bad evil republicans.

The response to the quoted material doesn't match up again.
Ask a family member to unplug you, wait 30 seconds, and plug back in.

LOL you cut out half the quote then responded. lofuckingloud.

I snipped the full quoted discussion because it was getting long but the last two replies are there in their entirety. Did you think you said more?

edit: I guess go look at 577 if you'd like to see how Rollin rolls.

581. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 28, 2013, 20:31 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 20:18:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 20:14:
I think you meant their dads. But no, neither of them were going to testify in the LIBOR case. It was just something made up by conspiracy types like yourself. You should get less of your info from conspiracy websites so that you can sound like a reasonable person. And yes it is possible to be at odds with Obama, dislike the things he's doing, and clearly explain why you dislike them and still be considered reasonable by me. But when you're just parroting incorrect crap from Alex Jones and the like it really makes everything you say suspect. Like I mentioned earlier, for someone who is so concerned with bias and where people get their information, you seem to get your information from the worst possible places.

They won't be prosecuted, you'd think the bitch who headed this Obamacare rollout would be on the unemployment line right now, instead they're still trying to blame the republicans for their failure to take over healthcare in a way that would be at all beneficial instead of the reality of a mess it actually is.

Stop giving him passes, Obama knows what's going on, the democrats aren't any better than the GOP, in fact they're worse because they deliberately lie to your face, then switch the topic to something else. OVER AND OVER and people like you are too busy bitching about the big bad evil republicans.

The response to the quoted material doesn't match up again.
Ask a family member to unplug you, wait 30 seconds, and plug back in.

575. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 28, 2013, 20:14 Sepharo

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 20:08:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 18:55:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 18:06:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 17:40:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 17:39:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 17:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 17:29:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 17:27:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 17:25:
5 mins of searching oh look another Journalist getting intimidated.
Getting the picture yet libs? Still think your buddy slick is genuine?

http://tinyurl.com/k532zwk

How many more cases like this need to pop up? Like I said, I generally don't buy into conspiracy shit but when you hear a new one every day even ON mainstream news, well wtf.

What happened to the Aurora shooter's dad and Newtown shooter's dad in some case together conspiracy?

Do your own research, stop blindly trusting. Do you think it's alright for a journalist to have her private files taken without cause?

Not at all. I've already said the way this administration has been acting towards journalists is unacceptable. I hope that whoever authorized the actions described in that article is fired and prosecuted for gross overreach and abuse of power.

But why the fuck can't you stay on topic? Why do you ignore questions about topics that you bring up?

Setting the stage Seph, you wonder why I think Obama would want to remove guns from the US, add all the shit coming out, benghazi, the irs scandal, the lies about Obamacare, that none of our allies trust him, bugging Merkel's and more than likely other foreign leader's phones etc.

Is any of this type of behavior fit for a POTUS? Regardless of party. You wonder why I say he's dangerous? It's not because I lean conservative, it's because he's fucking dangerous.

I don't wonder any of that shit... I know you're crazy. You don't have to explain to me why you think the things you do. You're not exactly a unique snowflake. I could read youtube comments or pop on the infowars forum to read the same stuff.

But you brought up false flags, said something about the shooters' dads in a case. I'd like to hear more. What was that all about?

Google the libor scandal.

Ah yeah I remember this. But what does it have to do with the dads of some mass murderers?

Both of those kids fathers, the one in newtown, and the kid who shot up the theater were going to testify in that case if memory serves me right. I always found it an odd coincidence.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2013, 19:54 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 17:55:
Hey, I was at my new grocery store and they Sweet Baby Ray's in stock so I picked up a jar of the original and 1 of the honey. Who was it that said it was really good again? Seph?

Yeah that was me, but it was through my family. I don't have very distinguishing tastes, Sweet Baby Ray's tastes like BBQ sauce to me. But they swear by it, as someone pointed out here it could just be because it has tons of sugar in it.

6580 Comments. 329 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo