Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6605 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
46. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2013, 19:55 Sepharo

Guys Cutter is never wrong, so clearly A7, Harvard, and Wikipedia are mistaken or lying.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Interstellar Trailer Dec 14, 2013, 16:01 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 15:56:
Here's the teaser for Christopher Nolan's upcoming film Interstellar. I really like the feeling this evokes, and Nolan seldom disappoints. Looking forward to it.

That trailer didn't really do much for me but reading the wiki article for the film did. Yay Nolan sci-fi!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2013, 15:31 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 15:27:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 15:18:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 15:12:
We're living 'The Terminator' right now, Google just bought up Boston Dynamics. I don't know how they can make a movie feel shocking when every day we're one step closer to making it a reality, and everyone is completely indifferent to it.

What the fuck... why?
I'm surprised the DoD is okay with that. I wonder if they'll keep their military focus. And if they don't isn't the military losing a bit on this deal?

edit: Welp this article addressed my questions

Certainly that tech has numerous civilian applications.

Oh I don't doubt that but it's just a weird move for Google to buy up a defense contractor.
They said they'd finish up the contracts but wouldn't be going that direction afterwards... so who is going to make the military robots? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are others and probably some secret ones, but Boston Dynamics seemed to be leagues ahead of everyone else.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2013, 15:18 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 15:12:
We're living 'The Terminator' right now, Google just bought up Boston Dynamics. I don't know how they can make a movie feel shocking when every day we're one step closer to making it a reality, and everyone is completely indifferent to it.

What the fuck... why?
I'm surprised the DoD is okay with that. I wonder if they'll keep their military focus. And if they don't isn't the military losing a bit on this deal?

edit: Welp this article addressed my questions

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
103. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 17:01 Sepharo

descender wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 16:57:
You are entirely too focused on my "watch it on youtube" jab.

At least you finally seem to understand what I said.

All I've ever been focused on is the stupid thing you said.
You've been trying to play it off like it wasn't stupid.

101. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 16:28 Sepharo

Sense of accomplishment is subjective.
There's not really anything more to be said beyond that.
Your opinion is that quick saving ruins the sense of accomplishment.
But you state that opinion as fact over and over and suggest that people using quick saves might as well not be playing the game at all.

99. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 15:53 Sepharo

descender wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 15:37:
That's because there can be no accomplishment when you cheese your way around challenges.

If you bypass the challenge of a game by saving your progress every 3 minutes, then what are you doing? Walking through the game essentially... which could easily be done on youtube.

This is like, a life lesson.

If I said "less of an accomplishment", instead of "no accomplishment" would you have even said anything?

No because you're still wrong and still acting like your personal opinions are facts.
Also do you imagine quick save teleports you past challenges? You realize that if you quick save in front of a challenge that when you quick load the challenge is still there right?
The game still has to be played... that's why your notion that you might as well watch it on youtube is so asinine.

97. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 15:28 Sepharo

You implied that there wasn't a sense of accomplishment if you beat a game using quick saves. That's idiotic. That's why I responded the way I did.

That may be how you feel about quick saves but that's not how your post was worded. You suggested that people using quick save should just watch the game on youtube. That's stupid.

Then you made a bunch of assumptions about me based on a parody post and a second post that consisted only of your own quotes.

93. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 14:14 Sepharo

descender wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 13:39:
I didn't say anything like that, but hey...

descender wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 11:26:
Where's the sense of accomplishment if you quick save/load your way through a game? You might as well just watch someone play through it on youtube.

91. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 12:59 Sepharo

"Yeah guys. Using quick save is like watching someone else play!"
"A real sense of accomplishment can only possibly come by playing the game with 0 saves. If you die start over at the beginning. Doing it any other way is invalid and you can't possibly enjoy it. Facts."

89. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 03:45 Sepharo

Orogogus wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 02:23:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 20:39:
Ok I can understand the confusion then.

Half Life is packed with "non-linear exploration". Most of the areas in "On A Rail" exist only to find extra health and ammo, which you can skip over entirely. You can miss 75% of that section of the game if you stick to the main path.

Most modern games like the last dozen Call of Duties have nothing like that. The Shadow Warrior reboot did a good job in trying to go back in the right direction.

I feel like this particular kind of non-linear exploration still shows up a lot. It's the "figure out where the game wants you to go, and then go the other way to pick up sweet, sweet loot" thing that makes up like 60% of the Dead Space games, rather than the "map is so damn big it's easy to get lost and have to stop and figure out where you're supposed to be going" in, say, Duke Nukem 3D, DOOM, System Shock or Dark Forces.

It's a valid way to do things, but in Dead Space it got especially ridiculous, and I don't think a game that expects players to pretend to actually worry about their objectives is automatically dumber.

Yeah that's why it was neat that Bioshock: Infinite (and I think a few others) add that "don't go this way yet" arrow effect at a button press.

85. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 00:49 Sepharo

descender wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 00:44:
If you quick save in "a bad spot" you deserve to be frustrated for trying to cheat in the first place.

Problem for me is usually a brainfart where I'm trying quick load and accidentally quick save. "Oh great now my quick load is me in the middle of falling to my death."

News Comments > Elijah Wood Joins Broken Age
5. Re: Elijah Wood Joins Broken Age Dec 8, 2013, 21:58 Sepharo

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 21:24:
Yeah... Having backed this as a project that was not pitched as aiming to waste money on include celebrity voice-overs, I'm somewhat concerned.

I think the documentary said at some point that the celebrities are doing it as a favor. Though they did splurge on professional voice overs for the main cast. Jack Black, Wil Wheaton, and Elijah Wood are doing it for free or on the cheap I believe.

edit: Oh derp. I guess I should read and watch before I go to the comments. I guess Wood is doing a main character.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2013, 18:45 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 13:47:
I quite liked the PAR, but not enough that I visited it daily. It was more of a "Hey, that looks interesting" link from their main page that I'd click.

I hope Ben will land on his feet. I think he's pretty good.

We are quite literally looking for a person that can do four jobs: Web Development, Software Development, Sys Admin, and the (dreaded) GENERAL IT

Yeah, good luck finding that guy. SysAdmins don't do development and vice versa. Most software devs don't really do web dev, though I guess you might find a dabbler. And NO developer knows SHIT about general IT support.

And they want all that for little money? Heh.

The PA positions have always been staffed by fans. I mean they've had multiple competitions for positions now. Two documented on PA: The Series and the other in Strip Search. They're going to pay shit because people who want into their work culture are willing to accept shit pay to work at PA HQ.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
35. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2013, 13:20 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 07:26:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 23:17:
I still pay for Hulu+ <gasp> but rarely use it. I'm actually watching a ton of Amazon Prime HD content though. Finished Under the Dome and halfway through Falling Skies. Watched Skyfall and Hunger Games too. Still haven't got the Netflix for some reason.

Falling Skies is absolutely, unbelievably terrible. Its underlying storyline is interesting, but the general writing, dialogue, and acting is so horrid it makes you want to puke. The only reason I watch it is because there is nothing new in SF worth watching atm.

Hey, you and I watch it for the same reason

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
31. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 5, 2013, 23:17 Sepharo

I still pay for Hulu+ <gasp> but rarely use it. I'm actually watching a ton of Amazon Prime HD content though. Finished Under the Dome and halfway through Falling Skies. Watched Skyfall and Hunger Games too. Still haven't got the Netflix for some reason.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2013, 13:20 Sepharo

Went 13-3 last week.
Was wrong with Browns, Cardinals, and Bills.
Got an upset right with the Vikings (thanks experts).
And the Bengals were slightly less favored.

News Comments > etc., etc.
12. Re: etc., etc. Dec 4, 2013, 13:42 Sepharo

Task wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 12:58:
BitWraith wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 08:42:
Task wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 21:20:
The girl is guaranteed to be played by actress Ellen Page, lol.

Speaking of her, what's with all the video game girls looking like Ellen Page?

The only games I know of are The Last of Us (looks like her, voiced by a different actress) and Beyond Two Souls (looks like her, voiced by her, modeled after her).

"Modeled after her" doesn't give the technology the credit it deserves. She is the actor portraying the character.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DwHjNenAmw

41. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2013, 22:52 Sepharo

-

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2013, 02:59.

PC Gaming > Skyrim Tweaks/Links/Info, etc
21. No subject Dec 1, 2013, 14:43 Sepharo

I ripped the Something Awful Skyrim mod guide for you guys:

http://goo.gl/JoW9lp

Skip to the second half or so for specific mod recommendations

If you happen to be a member you can view it here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3567959

6605 Comments. 331 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo