Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6626 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Ending
14. Re: Steam Greenlight Ending Jan 15, 2014, 18:21 Sepharo

I don't see the big deal with allowing anything on Steam. Buyer beware. Are you guys really purchasing crap without researching beforehand? Maybe you are, but if that's the case then haven't you already decided that the amount your spending is okay to risk on something you really know nothing about.

Panickd wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 17:49:
Basically what made Steam the "best" of the digital distribution markets (i.e. they actually vetted the stuff they sold) is going to go away.

You thought that what made Steam the "best" was their vetting process? That's awfully strange considering they essentially just allowed any AAA title and then had two guys looking at a massive backlog of indie titles. Greenlight was intended to get games out of that backlog and on to Steam but it was a dumb process. The way that it "worked" they might as well just allow every game on Steam. It's not like Valve won't still be involved in creating the front page of the store and coordinating sales. I have no issues with Android/Gooogle's Play Store... I download mostly very popular apps with high reviews, things that go viral. Sometimes I need to download something that's more off the beaten path, I try to research it but I may end up risking a few dollars. I'm not going to risk $50 on something I know nothing about and can't find information on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Broken Age Part 1 This Month; Preorders Underway
5. Re: Broken Age Part 1 This Month; Preorders Underway Jan 15, 2014, 15:14 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 12:58:
So is it really just around three hours, as PC Gamer claims? :|

Well I'm already at 3 hours and I just entered the third area for the girl and the boy is still paused at some critical moment in his story. Not sure how much is left but I'm sure I'll find out tonight.

Though, I'm playing it like I play any game where I try to avoid what I know is the goal for as long as I can. Some of the funniest jokes in the game are when you're doing something that is clearly wrong, so I like to try to exhaust all of those.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2014, 12:20 Sepharo

RoboNerd wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 10:07:
Snicker... someone actually boo'ed Jimmy Fallon and "The Boss" at the end of their parody.

Tough crowd... Guitarist

Are you sure that wasn't the customary "Bruuuuuuuuuuce" ?

News Comments > Broken Age Early Access Plans Change
7. Re: Broken Age Early Access Plans Change Jan 15, 2014, 11:11 Sepharo

I played for about three hours last night. Game is beautiful and I didn't find a single issue despite looking.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2014, 00:15 Sepharo

happy birthday ant

I anticipate your response 3 days from now per usual

edit: Ah damn you're about to reply early.

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2014, 01:09.

News Comments > Valve Talks About Lack of Communication
25. Re: Valve Talks About Lack of Communication Jan 12, 2014, 00:14 Sepharo

I'm a huge fan of both. HL1 is a classic but HL2 and episodes are the superior games by far.  

News Comments > Broken Age Part 1 For Backers Next Week
16. Re: Broken Age Part 1 For Backers Next Week Jan 11, 2014, 16:06 Sepharo

It's what the majority of backers asked for. You may have backed it to see an experiment in making a game on shoestring budget but I signed up to see Tim make the best classic adventure game he possibly could. He has not failed to deliver on that by any means and has continued to exceed my expectations.

I don't really understand you. You seem more interested in time and money then you do in getting an awesome game. If the awesome game doesn't come, fine bitch about it but that doesn't look like it's going to be the case.

8. Re: Broken Age Part 1 For Backers Next Week Jan 11, 2014, 01:01 Sepharo

You simply don't know what you're talking about if you think they blew "the whole wad on bullshit" and that there is "zero justification for running out of cash".

"but I'll never back one of his mis-managed projects ever again"
You backed this one? Then why are you so misinformed?

6. Re: Broken Age Part 1 For Backers Next Week Jan 10, 2014, 22:27 Sepharo

I think the guys that haven't been following this are going to be blown away by the quality level. Games aren't made like this anymore. Also the game is very long so I'd assume that even half of it will feel like a normal game length to us, especially after playing so many Telltale episodes.  

News Comments > Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum
27. Re: Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum Jan 8, 2014, 23:26 Sepharo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEQmpVIE4A  

News Comments > Steam Machines Announcement
26. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 7, 2014, 00:53 Sepharo

Primalchrome wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 00:49:
Dark Sun: Shattered Lands

Such a goddamn good game. Introduced me to DnD rulesets and non-linear RPG when I was really young. Man the looting you could get up to. The first time I ever escaped the arena and jail, amazing. Many replays later I was good enough to wipe out the entire jail and steal everything not bolted down. Head on into the sewers and help/genocide some rat people.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jan 6, 2014, 23:43 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:03:
Axis wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 22:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 22:08:
I keep it like Cutter, company engages in "sex sells" style ads and they won't sell shit to me. And I dunno where you live Axis, but here ads are generally way beyond that and try to sell to as many people as possible.

But then, I don't see a lot of ads.. not having a TV helps.

I agree eRe4. I was responding to the article's nonsense -- that's what they were attempting to portray not me, I was just using their lame examples.

The only ads I see anymore are on Hulu for my wife and I, which I can put up with since they have the timer and aren't long. And only occasionally as there's only a few shows I watch. I primarily do movies on Netflix (kids ONLY get Netflix) or Amazon, play Pandora most of the time.

Mhhh. Maybe we are not the ones to talk about it then. I am guessing the article talks about game advertising. And I don't see that in my browsing simply because I got paranoid and block everything

I am sure companies doing advertising would rather people do not react like that... but if they only want to target males that can be lured in with that.. ain't my place to complain about that.

Speaking of ads.. did I ever mention that bluesnews is completely non-browsable on a tablet without adblock?

Works excellent on Nexus 10.

News Comments > Clint Hocking Leaves Valve
16. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves Valve Jan 6, 2014, 15:03 Sepharo

Your rebuttal to his claim that when Valve employees leave it makes news was to link to news of Valve employees leaving?  

News Comments > etc.
20. Re: etc. Jan 5, 2014, 15:04 Sepharo

Eh "BUT PC GAMING IS DEAD" is an on-going joke. Some of its humor comes from its repetition. It's like the classic "Is this the patch that makes the game fun?"  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2014, 20:07 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 20:05:
Effing wow! That just boggles the mind how KC lost that game. From blowout, to good game, to losing it. Just wow.

I picked it up at the half... and like most of you I had selected the Colts. Right before I was going to turn it off I happened to catch the Colts first TD of the 2nd half and ended up watching the rest of that amazing comeback.

I'm watching it on Aereo since Comcast encrypted even local network channels now. I guess the FCC just recently gave them permission to do that, used to be required by law to provide "limited basic services" even for non-subscribers. So now they want me to get some DTA thing that's $10 a month equipment fee... Aereo is $8 and can be watched anywhere and is a cloud DVR. Obvious choice is obvious.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 4, 2014, 16:44 Sepharo

edit: nevermind it was covered  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 4, 2014, 15:31 Sepharo

Wow hard to believe it's already been a charity for a decade now. Seems like yesterday.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jan 4, 2014, 15:15 Sepharo

Games owned: 351
Games not played: 246 (70%)
Hours spent: 1,977.2h
Account worth: $4501.04

That gives me anxiety.

But I am doing a little better than Prez despite barely playing my games (other than CS and Civ5).
Games not played: 834 (75%)

News Comments > On Sale (2)
35. Re: On Sale (2) Jan 4, 2014, 03:36 Sepharo

christheshitter wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 03:28:
But my nickname is permantly changed by a moderator. I guess he's thought he made todays good deed.

Unless Blue somehow has a script that goes through the old posts and changes the names on quoted text, your name wasn't changed.
Blue himself responded your very first post ever right here. Your name there was "christheshitter" as well.

Besides, Blue doesn't change people's names and if he did he certainly isn't the type of guy to change it to something like "christheshitter".

edit: By the way, what is your name supposed to be according to you?

News Comments > On Sale (2)
33. Re: On Sale (2) Jan 4, 2014, 03:23 Sepharo

christheshitter wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 03:13:
El Pit wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 09:41:
mag wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 09:30:
christheshitter wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 04:18:
The worst Steam sale ever. Crappy AAA titles for dumb downed people no thanks!

Did you miss all of the indie titles??

Ignore him. Read what he wrote, take a look at his nick, and you know - it's one of the lamest trolling attempts here at Blue's News EVER!

I guess you changed my nickname. And i did bought some indiegames Super Hexagon being the best deal but Steam seem to put the best sales on AAA-titles which is bad but good for them i guess.

While were at it just delete my account thanks!

It could've been sarcasm I guess, but nobody changed your name. Your first post here happened to be quoted and it was "christheshitter" back then too. For what it's worth I don't think you're a troll. You only had 7 posts and the 7th was the first dumb one.

edit: Ahh I see you edited and you're serious. El Pit is not Blue (the administrator of the site) and Blue did not change your name.

6626 Comments. 332 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo