Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6938 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Jan 14, 2015, 04:09 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 00:43:
YIPPEEEEEE

lol

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Minecraft Name Changes Next Month
16. Re: Minecraft Name Changes Next Month Jan 14, 2015, 03:42 Sepharo

Ventura wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 05:38:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 00:38:
Stolk wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 00:22:
Minecraft is a pretty popular name. I see no reason to change it.

Oh you.

I can't read that now without thinking of that Seinfeld episode where he says it to his girlfriend because he doesn't know what her name is.

Two of the names we use for bowling scores... Mulva and Delores.

News Comments > Minecraft Name Changes Next Month
8. Re: Minecraft Name Changes Next Month Jan 13, 2015, 00:38 Sepharo

Stolk wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 00:22:
Minecraft is a pretty popular name. I see no reason to change it.

Oh you.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2015, 19:21 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 19:17:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 19:12:
Creston wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 18:45:
Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 17:00:
And, Woo Packers!

I was watching it on delay, and trust me when I say I loathe the Cowboys, but that overturn on Dez Bryant's catch was god-awful terrible. What the fuck more does a receiver have to do before he's considered to have "made a football move???" He caught the ball, made two steps with it, goes down and only when it hits the ground does it come lose.

NFL Tard Ref "It was determined that ehhh... I dunno either. Overturned!"

Unbelievable. What a horseshit call.

I guess they were saying he never fully had control of the ball? If so seems a pretty tough call, specially to overturn the call on the field. Still, I guess what the refs giveth the refs can taketh away.

The problem with the rule just showed itself full face in the Den vs Ind game. Punt return, never had control, said he was "down by contact" when getting hit instantly.

F the rule. It is a terrible rule. It was a TD. If the Packers had done the exact same thing - they would have given it to them. The NFL hates teams like the Cowboys, Vikings, and a few others.

It's a receiver specific rule, a punt return is not a pass.

News Comments > Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month
13. Re: Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month Jan 11, 2015, 19:14 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 19:00:
I really like Brad's accent. Reminds me of the film Fargo, dontchakno?

That's funny because what you're actually hearing is a slight influence of a Texas accent on top of a Michigan "accent" which is generally considered "unaccented" General American.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2015, 04:15 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 04:09:
Hi Blue. I wanted to say that I turned off AdBlock Plus on your site. Hope it helps revenue generation.

The new jam is clicking those amazon buttons before buying stuff on Amazon. I keep forgetting to unfortunately D:

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
40. Re: And yet US media censors the caricatures Jan 9, 2015, 23:20 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 11:33:
It is easy to see why, to many, it is just about harassment and complaining about "SJWs." The most well defined parts of Gamergate are 8chan, KiA, and sites like TheRalphReport. There is infinitely more discussion about "taking people down" or "getting that bitch back" or "shutting that SJW up" than there is about any kind of ethics.

Why do you think that is?
It's because that's the way it's covered. Just like there are millions in this country who only see Muslims as terrorists, as oppressors of women, as crazy fundamentalists. Painting with a broad brush is nearly always wrong. Treat individuals as individuals. With Islam at least they have a book where passages can be targeted and criticized, with #gamergate it's literally a hashtag, there are no leaders or rules. Someone using that hashtag and associating it with vitriol is responsible for their own actions.

Any support or apathy I've had for #gamergate has only come after and because of the "gamers are dead" articles. They could have railed against trolls and misogynists but instead they decided to target "gamers", yeah in quotes so they could say, "Well we didn't mean all gamers just the "gamers" as we've defined them." And the way they defined "gamers" was white nerd teen males who hate women. Maybe they were just clickbait articles but it's easy to see why multiple write-ups within days of each other with the same terrible broad brush would be met with outrage from many gamers. Just as it would be easy to see why articles claiming "muslims" are thin skinned, women oppressing, terrorists would outrage Muslims.

Now if any of that outrage involved harassment, death threats, or murder... then condemn the assholes doing that, not the entire group. But don't expect or require the members of that group to do so themselves. Sure they can if they feel the need to do so and that's great but don't require that every conversation begin with "I'm not a terrorist/troll and I condemn those that are". Besides when #gamergate attempted to police itself it was looked at cynically, "Oh we really know the real purpose is harassing women despite what they're saying now."

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2015, 23:24 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 23:10:
Thanks for all the input. It is what it is. I recovered about 50% of the data, which is a hell of a lot more than he was expecting. Calling it good after using that program. After a full day of running shit, I am done.

Downloaded all of the tools mentioned - keeping them on a USB.

Nice work.

I haven't had to fix anything for a while, I don't miss it. Brings up bad memories of sitting at a desk in a strange house for hours on end. Printer won't work? Okay lemme see... Welp that was quick, your computer is unusable from malware so I'll just start reformatting now, what's for dinner?

34. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 8, 2015, 23:15 Sepharo

Orogogus wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 14:09:
Verno wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 13:14:
if gamers were actually blowing up people, shooting people and attempting to undermine society as a whole I would get involved and take some ownership of the problem.

Meaning what? You'd quit gaming? Leave your job and join the local branch of the government anti-gamer-terrorist unit? Get stuck in giant useless message board arguments? What is the expectation for non-terrorist Muslims, exactly? Is it that you want them to convert, or set up extralegal self-police forces? It seems to me that you want Muslims to make public announcements to the effect of their religion is bad and they feel bad, which seems unrealistic.

Gamergate seems entirely applicable; an effort to change people's attitudes by telling them their whole group sucks. It seems unlikely to produce results, especially given how little people appreciate being painted with a broad brush. Saying "but this is a serious problem" isn't likely to move any hearts and minds.

Yeah what he said.

I didn't have the energy to wade into this so thank you for this post Orogogus.

News Comments > Valve: Steam Machines "Front and Center" at GDC
9. Re: Valve: Steam Machines Jan 8, 2015, 18:59 Sepharo

I know this is about gaming but living room PC is already dead for stuff other than gaming. For Christmas I bought everyone chromecast after I saw that my parents sit in the living room on their tablets all day without the TV on or if it is they're not paying attention to it. Now they use chromecast to watch youtube videos together or browse facebook. Also there is no protection from being interrupted by another tablet broadcasting so they'll just override the screen sometimes, "No, check this out." They already had a bluetooth stereo they would sync with but it seems my dad prefers to see the music video too so they're using chromecast for music now as well.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 8, 2015, 15:01 Sepharo

aww Love2  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2015, 23:17 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 17:55:
YouTube's fastest growing gaming audience: Women over 25.

Yup, Candy Crush is rolling in it.

Women aren't watching PewDiePie play Candy Crush.

Also I'd be willing to bet that this stat is actually due to the second part of the article... Women over 25 have young children, young children who are watching tons of Minecraft videos on YouTube on Mom's account.

News Comments > Mafia III News Soon?
8. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 23:10 Sepharo

To be honest I'd be okay with something like Mafia 2 again. I don't need it to be at GTA's level, just a good story, setting, and characters like the last two and I'll be happy.  

17. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2015, 02:11 Sepharo

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 22:49:
Hands down the best modem right now is the Motorola SB6141. DOCSIS 3.0, works with Comcast's fastest tiers, and none of that annoying, redundant built-in wifi bullshit. That's what your Asus RT-AC66U router is for. XD I wouldn't rent jack shit from Comcast.

I bought this modem based on your and Batman's advice.
I hooked it up and all the "lights" came on but it didn't work but then I remembered that I probably needed to activate it with Comcast.

I called and went through all the menus and then gave all the information (very clearly and with B-as-in-boy and all) to the "customer account executive" but it didn't work. Went through all the usual bullshit and then finally got "transferred" to the "activation department" where upon I listened to some hold music for a few minutes and then was hung-up on.

So I called back and went through the whole process again and was connected to a second "customer account executive" I once again gave him my phone number, address, last 4 SSN, the serial number, mac address... I was put on hold again while the modem was activated, he came back and once again it didn't work. We did the power cycling bullshit for a while again and then he also "transferred" me to the "activation department" where once again I was shortly hung-up on.

So I called back again, did the whole phone button pushing shebang and spoke to a third monkey giving him all my info for an 6th time (since each time I have to put it in the phone and then repeat it again to the "person"). I decided this time I would be resigned to not getting my new modem working and switched back to the old one. "How many modems are listed on my account?" "Just the one sir." "Okay we'll need to add my old modem back because at this point I just want to have the internet tonight." We do the whole activation process of reading 30+ digit S/N and a mac address over the phone... NOW THIS MODEM WON'T RESPOND TO COMCAST DIAGNOSTIC SIGNALS. We spend a lot of time troubleshooting but this guy gives up... his disconnect scheme was a little different because he admitted the "activation department" was closed. He said I needed to contact my "local officer" I asked him for the number and he gave me 800-266-2278 (THAT'S 1-800-COMCAST THE FUCKING NUMBER I JUST CALLED).

Despite failing 3 times already I was convinced that this was possible and reluctantly called back a 4th time. Besides the automated phone section and the initial account info I skipped all the troubleshooting bullshit and plainly asked, "How many modems are listed on my account? And what are their model numbers?" "Just one sir, SB6141"
*THAT'S THE NEW MODEM, THE LAST GUY TOOK ALL THE INFO FOR THE OLD MODEM AND APPARENTLY JUST STRAIGHT
UP LIED ABOUT ENTERING IT*
"Let's try something else, could you please read me the mac address you have for the modem on my account?" She read it back and it was wrong in 2 places.
*THE PREVIOUS MONKEYS READ THIS BACK TO ME CORRECTLY BUT APPARENTLY HAD IT ENTERED INCORRECTLY*
So we sort out all the information and lo-and-behold I can finally visit bluesnews.com again. I profusely thanked her and explained how out of 4 "customer account executives" she was the only one who could take numbers and letters over the phone, read them back correctly, and enter them into a computer... AKA THEIR FUCKING JOB.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 5, 2015, 23:30 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 12:17:
It doesn't make him any less right. Anyone who thinks VR - in it's current form at any rate - is going to change everything should talk to me about buying a bridge I own in Brooklyn. I can give you a really good deal on it. They are just way too big and cumbersome to become a regular thing, along with myriad other problems like resolution, motion sickness, etc.

The resolution and motion sickness part has been fixed already. How small do you need the unit to be before you're okay with it? The size is going to be greatly reduced in the next few years in my estimation.

News Comments > Devolver Asks About Seaman Remake
7. Re: Devolver Asks About Seaman Remake Jan 5, 2015, 23:26 Sepharo

I would pay for even the existing Seaman game on mobile.
Talking to a fish with a man's face aside... Has there ever been a realistic aquarium game with a story and progression before? Managing the tank temperature and feeding the "evolving" fish creature would be a lot easier on a tablet instead of booting up a console each time.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2015, 16:35 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 15:15:
Got my picks in there Blue. LETS DO IT!

Thought I'd be the only one with Detroit. But then as I scroll, at the very bottom, there you are

I have no idea how to make my picks. I click edit picks and it shows me a diagram but nothing is interactive. Hmm.

Edit: Oh shit, I think the first game started the minute as I was signing up. Now I must be locked out.

Lions
Cardinals
Ravens
Bengals
===
Seahawks
Packers
Patriots
Broncos
===
Packers
Patriots
===
Patriots

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 2015, 17:40.

15. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Jan 2, 2015, 03:05 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 02:51:
Everyone was trying to predict what "Titan" was from Blizzard's 10K filing. On March 4, 2010 I predicted the following on BluesNews...

You're thinking too small. Look at the larger picture. What multiplayer genre is hot right now? First-person shooters. It also happens to be an untapped genre within the MMO sphere. Iím not discrediting Planetside, Global Agenda, and trivial Asian titles but I am saying thereís no one game pulling people like WOW does. Blizzard has never made a FPS title. I think they're ready to branch out into new ground both literally and figuratively. I believe Blizzard's Nextgen MMO will be a FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER.

Mark today's date! You heard it from me first. Just wait...

Over 4 years later Blizzard releases a trailer for Overwatch; a multiplayer FPS. While Overwatch is not an MMO as I had predicted this article clearly shows that Blizzard's cancelled MMO Titan eventually became Overwatch.

This is the second time I've predicted correctly Blizzard releases. The first was Wrath of the Lich King a few days after TBC was released. Although I believe at the time I called it World of Warcraft: Northrend.

To all the naysayers who didn't believe me when I predicted Titan as a FPS MMO and Wrath of the Lich King: you can go suck it. That's 2 correct Blizzard predictions.

Haha badass man. Haven't seen you in a long time either, Welcome back.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Server "Strike" Plans
23. Re: Battlefield 4 Server Jan 1, 2015, 17:42 Sepharo

Endo wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 17:33:
I can't begin to express how much I hate matchmakers. It takes away all your choices from you. It destroys any sense of community. With dedicated servers, you can control who you play with, what game options you play with, etc. etc. There's just no comparison.

I really like what Valve did with CS:GO. They just said, "why not both?" and left the community servers in with the matchmaking. What's so hard about this for everyone else? The majority are still going to use the official experience, let the rest play their own games and maybe they'll make up a new mode or something for you to exploit, like GunGame -> ArmsRace or DoTA -> the entire moba genre.

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 1, 2015, 15:26 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 12:37:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 02:08:
Comcast keeps sending me letters that say I need to switch to their new modem to unlock the best speeds. Nah, I'm cool with this 30 Mbps, you guys seem a little too eager to get me to switch and therefore it's probably bad for me in some way.

You mean Docis 3? Well, that depends on what you are paying for. I had a 2.0 a couple years ago, and called them (Comcast) and asked why I was getting the speeds I was paying for (didn't know why, didn't do any research) they said I needed a new modem.

I went and got the new one from them, but they didn't feel the need to credit me for not notifying me of the upgrade needed to get better speeds.

They are a Monopoly here in Minneapolis. Sucks.

I dunno, when I look up Docsis I don't see anything about being limited to 30Mbps so I assume that's Comcast limiting me not my cable modem. I think they just want me to switch so they can give me that share WiFi with everyone modem since I'm in an apartment complex.

6938 Comments. 347 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo