Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6555 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
16. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 26, 2013, 23:37 Sepharo

Stanley Parable, Papers Please, and Antichamber.
Can't disagree there. All great games that I actually completed this year and I rarely complete anything. You might want to say that's because they're short games but according to Steam the breakdown like this for me:
Antichamber - 7 hours
Papers Please - 6 hours
Stanley Parable - 5 hours

And for comparison:
Blood Dragon - 30 minutes
Machine For Pigs - 2 hours
The Wolf Among Us - 45 minutes
And I liked those games too

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Festivus Metaverse
16. Re: Festivus Metaverse Dec 26, 2013, 00:34 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 23:05:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 15:00:
This whole "networks upload for free" thing I've seen mentioned twice now in this thread...

What networks are you guys talking about? The vast majority require you to log in with your cable subscription account.

You need to log in if you want to watch same day. If you're willing to wait 3-5 days, you can watch pretty much every show online on the networks' own websites, no login required.

That was what that whole strike from the writers' guild was about.

Damn I didn't realize that. I guess the few times I tried before were probably for live sports or something. I just assumed it was that way for the rest but now I see that fox actually has it spelled out right on the page.

1 DAY
Episodes are available 1 DAY after airdate to subscribers of participating TV providers.
8 DAYS
Episodes unlock 8 days after airdate
4 EPISODES
4 episodes of this show are available on FOX.com

News Comments > Festivus Metaverse
12. Re: Festivus Metaverse Dec 24, 2013, 15:00 Sepharo

This whole "networks upload for free" thing I've seen mentioned twice now in this thread...

What networks are you guys talking about? The vast majority require you to log in with your cable subscription account.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $35 Million
49. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 24, 2013, 01:09 Sepharo

Beelzebud wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 00:28:
I'll buy it when/if it comes out.

As for crowd-funding, I'm done. Not one game I backed has been released, even though a couple of them were supposed to be out by now.

I got FTL, Leisure Suit Larry, Shadowrun, Ravaged, Grim Dawn.
And very soon the beta of Broken Age Part 1 starring Elijah Wood, Wil Wheaton, and Jack Black

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2013, 23:22 Sepharo

PHJF wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 12:32:
That mod is ridonkulous. The guy took the models/animations from RE4 and ported them all over into sprites???

hahaha omg. That is insane. I love the neck breaker animation.

Also gives me flashbacks of playing that mercenary mode for like a year straight in college. A group of friends and I 5 starred every level with every character and it wasn't easy (especially since none of us are really console gamers).

News Comments > Titanfall Stryder Trailer
6. Re: Titanfall Stryder Trailer Dec 21, 2013, 21:13 Sepharo

I guess I'm the only one that thinks this looks like it's going to be great. I'm excited to play something that's not from DICE and isn't CoD.  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
6. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2013, 23:20 Sepharo

ViRGE wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 23:19:
Genesys wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 22:46:
Didn't they just end their Autumn sale TWO WEEKS ago? They need to plan these things a bit better.
Well they were making sure to have something going on during Black Friday. But I agree that the timing between the various sales is still kind of poor. Now there won't be another sale for 7-8 months.

But Spring Cleaning Sale!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
878. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 19, 2013, 22:24 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 21:50:
And while I'm sick of both parties the republicans DID put forth their own versions but the liberals, like always, are steamrollers of an intentionally naive ideology at any cost.

What did they put forward? I'd be interested in seeing it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
50. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2013, 22:24 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 22:20:
He didn't seem to realize what people were arguing with him about. But, clearly, people with darker skin are more at risk for a vitamin d deficiency than those with lighter skin.

You're giving him the benefit of the doubt. If he didn't know why he was wrong then he has a reading comprehension problem because Agent.X7 explained it with the first reply.

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 17:00:
In fact, a one second search of the web would show you that it has been theorized that people with darker skin tones are actually MORE at risk of being vitamin D deficient.

edit: Dammit... I keep forgetting that Agent.X7 and ASeven are not the same dude. Sorry sirs.

48. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2013, 22:04 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 16:51:
And the Vitamin D really only applies to white people - or those of northern European descent.

Not true. You're wrong. Give it up.

46. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2013, 19:55 Sepharo

Guys Cutter is never wrong, so clearly A7, Harvard, and Wikipedia are mistaken or lying.  

14. Re: Interstellar Trailer Dec 14, 2013, 16:01 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 15:56:
Here's the teaser for Christopher Nolan's upcoming film Interstellar. I really like the feeling this evokes, and Nolan seldom disappoints. Looking forward to it.

That trailer didn't really do much for me but reading the wiki article for the film did. Yay Nolan sci-fi!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2013, 15:31 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 15:27:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 15:18:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 15:12:
We're living 'The Terminator' right now, Google just bought up Boston Dynamics. I don't know how they can make a movie feel shocking when every day we're one step closer to making it a reality, and everyone is completely indifferent to it.

What the fuck... why?
I'm surprised the DoD is okay with that. I wonder if they'll keep their military focus. And if they don't isn't the military losing a bit on this deal?

edit: Welp this article addressed my questions

Certainly that tech has numerous civilian applications.

Oh I don't doubt that but it's just a weird move for Google to buy up a defense contractor.
They said they'd finish up the contracts but wouldn't be going that direction afterwards... so who is going to make the military robots? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are others and probably some secret ones, but Boston Dynamics seemed to be leagues ahead of everyone else.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2013, 15:18 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 15:12:
We're living 'The Terminator' right now, Google just bought up Boston Dynamics. I don't know how they can make a movie feel shocking when every day we're one step closer to making it a reality, and everyone is completely indifferent to it.

What the fuck... why?
I'm surprised the DoD is okay with that. I wonder if they'll keep their military focus. And if they don't isn't the military losing a bit on this deal?

edit: Welp this article addressed my questions

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
103. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 17:01 Sepharo

descender wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 16:57:
You are entirely too focused on my "watch it on youtube" jab.

At least you finally seem to understand what I said.

All I've ever been focused on is the stupid thing you said.
You've been trying to play it off like it wasn't stupid.

101. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 16:28 Sepharo

Sense of accomplishment is subjective.
There's not really anything more to be said beyond that.
Your opinion is that quick saving ruins the sense of accomplishment.
But you state that opinion as fact over and over and suggest that people using quick saves might as well not be playing the game at all.

99. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 15:53 Sepharo

descender wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 15:37:
That's because there can be no accomplishment when you cheese your way around challenges.

If you bypass the challenge of a game by saving your progress every 3 minutes, then what are you doing? Walking through the game essentially... which could easily be done on youtube.

This is like, a life lesson.

If I said "less of an accomplishment", instead of "no accomplishment" would you have even said anything?

No because you're still wrong and still acting like your personal opinions are facts.
Also do you imagine quick save teleports you past challenges? You realize that if you quick save in front of a challenge that when you quick load the challenge is still there right?
The game still has to be played... that's why your notion that you might as well watch it on youtube is so asinine.

97. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 15:28 Sepharo

You implied that there wasn't a sense of accomplishment if you beat a game using quick saves. That's idiotic. That's why I responded the way I did.

That may be how you feel about quick saves but that's not how your post was worded. You suggested that people using quick save should just watch the game on youtube. That's stupid.

Then you made a bunch of assumptions about me based on a parody post and a second post that consisted only of your own quotes.

93. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 14:14 Sepharo

descender wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 13:39:
I didn't say anything like that, but hey...

descender wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 11:26:
Where's the sense of accomplishment if you quick save/load your way through a game? You might as well just watch someone play through it on youtube.

91. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 12:59 Sepharo

"Yeah guys. Using quick save is like watching someone else play!"
"A real sense of accomplishment can only possibly come by playing the game with 0 saves. If you die start over at the beginning. Doing it any other way is invalid and you can't possibly enjoy it. Facts."

6555 Comments. 328 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo