Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6886 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
18. Re: etc., etc. Jan 31, 2015, 17:45 Sepharo

beremot wrote on Jan 31, 2015, 14:04:
Gamers who aren't assholes need to call the Gators out on their asshole-ry. Otherwise we all get tarred with the same brush.

No they don't. The person wielding the broad-brush is the asshole not the person being painted with it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
25. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 31, 2015, 04:53 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 17:34:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 16:35:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 03:35:
I've been rocking 60/12 ever since I got that docsis 3 surfboard you guys recommended. Didn't realize such speeds were available to me without changing my contract, I had been sitting at 30/7 for years.

What is this magical modem you are referring to and does it work with any cable internet provider? Very interested in this magic bandwidth doubling technology.

I think he's referring to upgrading to a DOCSIS 3.0 capable modem from a DOCSIS 2.0 modem.

Yep. Comcast has been bumping up speeds around here for a while I just didn't really care since I had no problems with my 30 that I was paying for since that's what I agreed to 5 years ago. They never informed me about how much they had increased it beyond mailers simply urging me to upgrade my modem to "unlock faster speeds" etc. with no specifics. I decided to get my own modem instead of theirs and someone pointed me at this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AJHDZSI

16. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2015, 03:35 Sepharo

I've been rocking 60/12 ever since I got that docsis 3 surfboard you guys recommended. Didn't realize such speeds were available to me without changing my contract, I had been sitting at 30/7 for years.  

News Comments > Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Released
5. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Released Jan 30, 2015, 02:33 Sepharo

Kobalt wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 23:21:
Why do people keep giving david cage money? All his games are mostly story where the story is terrible.

I've liked all of his games and will most likely continue to buy them. They don't tend to be something I go back and play again though, and I bet this one hasn't held up at all despite being pretty original when it was first released.

News Comments > Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop
14. Re: Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop Jan 29, 2015, 02:46 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 01:56:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 01:40:
Valve actually pays 25% on workshop.

So Valve brought in $200 million on workshop items and gave $50 million of that to the non-valve artists who put their stuff on the workshop.

Holy shit? Seriously? They're taking 75%? That should be illegal. That's fucking ridiculous. Still I guess if only takes you a few hours to bang off an item to put up for sale it's basically free money anyway.

I left out some key information that makes it (slightly) less crazy. Valve is selecting which items make it into the official game, and they then sell that content. It's not like they're offering an open marketplace where they take 75%. That would be the "Steam Market" where you sell Valve's digital items to each other, there Valve takes 5% of the sale, or 10% for TF2, CS:GO, and DOTA2.

It's like you're a junk collector who is allowed to freely collect random junk and sell that junk to other junk collectors at the "Steam Market". The owner of the junk pile takes 10% of those sales though he doesn't charge you for the junk itself... But if you wanted to you could pay for specific junk. Some specific junk is created in the junk pile owner's "Steam Workshop" and a small percentage of that junk gets picked by the junk pile owner to litter his junk pile. The creators of this junk get 25% of the specific sales of the junk they created in the junk pile owner's workshop.

News Comments > Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop
12. Re: Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop Jan 29, 2015, 01:40 Sepharo

Valve actually pays 25% on workshop.

So Valve brought in $200 million on workshop items and gave $50 million of that to the non-valve artists who put their stuff on the workshop.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
56. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 23:54 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 23:15:
DukeFNukem wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 19:26:
Common sense is what the world had before Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492. Think about it.

Is all the profanity a sign of frustration of me not falling on my knees and joining your herd? I'm thinking...yes?

And what killed all the natives after Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492. Why that would be smallpox, because none of the natives had been vaccinated, so most of them died.

I'd be interested in hearing your responses to my arguments as well.

Haha, yeah that was an odd thing to say in light of the topic.
Hard to believe it's not trollin.

Edit: Kind of just hopping around reading bits and pieces, but this is gold!
you and all your buds here jumping on the "attack the anti-vax" wagon
A+ sir.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2015, 00:01.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 18, 2015, 05:36 Sepharo

Wow that was pretty good. Definitely need more.  

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Jan 14, 2015, 04:09 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 00:43:
YIPPEEEEEE

lol

News Comments > Minecraft Name Changes Next Month
16. Re: Minecraft Name Changes Next Month Jan 14, 2015, 03:42 Sepharo

Ventura wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 05:38:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 00:38:
Stolk wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 00:22:
Minecraft is a pretty popular name. I see no reason to change it.

Oh you.

I can't read that now without thinking of that Seinfeld episode where he says it to his girlfriend because he doesn't know what her name is.

Two of the names we use for bowling scores... Mulva and Delores.

News Comments > Minecraft Name Changes Next Month
8. Re: Minecraft Name Changes Next Month Jan 13, 2015, 00:38 Sepharo

Stolk wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 00:22:
Minecraft is a pretty popular name. I see no reason to change it.

Oh you.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2015, 19:21 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 19:17:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 19:12:
Creston wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 18:45:
Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 17:00:
And, Woo Packers!

I was watching it on delay, and trust me when I say I loathe the Cowboys, but that overturn on Dez Bryant's catch was god-awful terrible. What the fuck more does a receiver have to do before he's considered to have "made a football move???" He caught the ball, made two steps with it, goes down and only when it hits the ground does it come lose.

NFL Tard Ref "It was determined that ehhh... I dunno either. Overturned!"

Unbelievable. What a horseshit call.

I guess they were saying he never fully had control of the ball? If so seems a pretty tough call, specially to overturn the call on the field. Still, I guess what the refs giveth the refs can taketh away.

The problem with the rule just showed itself full face in the Den vs Ind game. Punt return, never had control, said he was "down by contact" when getting hit instantly.

F the rule. It is a terrible rule. It was a TD. If the Packers had done the exact same thing - they would have given it to them. The NFL hates teams like the Cowboys, Vikings, and a few others.

It's a receiver specific rule, a punt return is not a pass.

News Comments > Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month
13. Re: Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month Jan 11, 2015, 19:14 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 19:00:
I really like Brad's accent. Reminds me of the film Fargo, dontchakno?

That's funny because what you're actually hearing is a slight influence of a Texas accent on top of a Michigan "accent" which is generally considered "unaccented" General American.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2015, 04:15 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 04:09:
Hi Blue. I wanted to say that I turned off AdBlock Plus on your site. Hope it helps revenue generation.

The new jam is clicking those amazon buttons before buying stuff on Amazon. I keep forgetting to unfortunately D:

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
40. Re: And yet US media censors the caricatures Jan 9, 2015, 23:20 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 11:33:
It is easy to see why, to many, it is just about harassment and complaining about "SJWs." The most well defined parts of Gamergate are 8chan, KiA, and sites like TheRalphReport. There is infinitely more discussion about "taking people down" or "getting that bitch back" or "shutting that SJW up" than there is about any kind of ethics.

Why do you think that is?
It's because that's the way it's covered. Just like there are millions in this country who only see Muslims as terrorists, as oppressors of women, as crazy fundamentalists. Painting with a broad brush is nearly always wrong. Treat individuals as individuals. With Islam at least they have a book where passages can be targeted and criticized, with #gamergate it's literally a hashtag, there are no leaders or rules. Someone using that hashtag and associating it with vitriol is responsible for their own actions.

Any support or apathy I've had for #gamergate has only come after and because of the "gamers are dead" articles. They could have railed against trolls and misogynists but instead they decided to target "gamers", yeah in quotes so they could say, "Well we didn't mean all gamers just the "gamers" as we've defined them." And the way they defined "gamers" was white nerd teen males who hate women. Maybe they were just clickbait articles but it's easy to see why multiple write-ups within days of each other with the same terrible broad brush would be met with outrage from many gamers. Just as it would be easy to see why articles claiming "muslims" are thin skinned, women oppressing, terrorists would outrage Muslims.

Now if any of that outrage involved harassment, death threats, or murder... then condemn the assholes doing that, not the entire group. But don't expect or require the members of that group to do so themselves. Sure they can if they feel the need to do so and that's great but don't require that every conversation begin with "I'm not a terrorist/troll and I condemn those that are". Besides when #gamergate attempted to police itself it was looked at cynically, "Oh we really know the real purpose is harassing women despite what they're saying now."

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2015, 23:24 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 23:10:
Thanks for all the input. It is what it is. I recovered about 50% of the data, which is a hell of a lot more than he was expecting. Calling it good after using that program. After a full day of running shit, I am done.

Downloaded all of the tools mentioned - keeping them on a USB.

Nice work.

I haven't had to fix anything for a while, I don't miss it. Brings up bad memories of sitting at a desk in a strange house for hours on end. Printer won't work? Okay lemme see... Welp that was quick, your computer is unusable from malware so I'll just start reformatting now, what's for dinner?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
34. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 8, 2015, 23:15 Sepharo

Orogogus wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 14:09:
Verno wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 13:14:
if gamers were actually blowing up people, shooting people and attempting to undermine society as a whole I would get involved and take some ownership of the problem.

Meaning what? You'd quit gaming? Leave your job and join the local branch of the government anti-gamer-terrorist unit? Get stuck in giant useless message board arguments? What is the expectation for non-terrorist Muslims, exactly? Is it that you want them to convert, or set up extralegal self-police forces? It seems to me that you want Muslims to make public announcements to the effect of their religion is bad and they feel bad, which seems unrealistic.

Gamergate seems entirely applicable; an effort to change people's attitudes by telling them their whole group sucks. It seems unlikely to produce results, especially given how little people appreciate being painted with a broad brush. Saying "but this is a serious problem" isn't likely to move any hearts and minds.

Yeah what he said.

I didn't have the energy to wade into this so thank you for this post Orogogus.

News Comments > Valve: Steam Machines "Front and Center" at GDC
9. Re: Valve: Steam Machines Jan 8, 2015, 18:59 Sepharo

I know this is about gaming but living room PC is already dead for stuff other than gaming. For Christmas I bought everyone chromecast after I saw that my parents sit in the living room on their tablets all day without the TV on or if it is they're not paying attention to it. Now they use chromecast to watch youtube videos together or browse facebook. Also there is no protection from being interrupted by another tablet broadcasting so they'll just override the screen sometimes, "No, check this out." They already had a bluetooth stereo they would sync with but it seems my dad prefers to see the music video too so they're using chromecast for music now as well.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 8, 2015, 15:01 Sepharo

aww Love2  

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2015, 23:17 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 17:55:
YouTube's fastest growing gaming audience: Women over 25.

Yup, Candy Crush is rolling in it.

Women aren't watching PewDiePie play Candy Crush.

Also I'd be willing to bet that this stat is actually due to the second part of the article... Women over 25 have young children, young children who are watching tons of Minecraft videos on YouTube on Mom's account.

6886 Comments. 345 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo