Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6961 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown
125. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 10, 2015, 20:38 Sepharo

dsmart wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 10:15:
Even though there are no user block tools on BN, I simply don't read anything he posts. I just keep scrolling.

There is, click their name for their profile, and look for the "ignore this user" link. ctrl-f for it if it's hard to find.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cities Skylines After Dark Expansion Announced
11. Re: Cities Skylines After Dark Expansion Announced Aug 7, 2015, 22:15 Sepharo

Ludomancer wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 15:22:
- Leisure specialization: Commercial areas can specialize in leisure activities. Leisure areas are especially active during the night, but work like regular commercial areas during the day.
- Beach specialization: Commercial areas such as beach bars and restaurants, small marina and fishing tours on the shoreline can specialize in beach activities.

Those are practically identical.

Except one is only for night and the other is all the time and only for the shoreline.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
38. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 4, 2015, 23:35 Sepharo

J wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 03:55:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 21:31:
J wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 10:10:
I'm tempted to play Rocket League, but I don't have a controller, and had to recently replace my motherboard et al.

I only play with keyboard and mouse. Works fine for me.
Ah, that's good to hear. I heard it was a controller game.

I'm sure it's probably better to play with a controller, especially the more advanced flying the car aspect. But keyboard and mouse is definitely sufficient.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2015, 21:31 Sepharo

J wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 10:10:
I'm tempted to play Rocket League, but I don't have a controller, and had to recently replace my motherboard et al.

I only play with keyboard and mouse. Works fine for me.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2015, 23:22 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 22:45:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 22:10:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 20:51:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 18:46:
Everyone talking about how they're better than the shriveled pansy-men who don't shoot

Dreaming of some type of civilization breakdown. But reality will be they will die in a bed of old age hanging on to their last breath. This happened recently and from reports I've heard this man wasn't arrested. He's lucky he's not black or he would have been shot.

Hand on gun AND an AK on the other shoulder.

http://i.imgur.com/knFLjw1.jpg

This analysis by statistician Nate Silver says it all:

• For whites in America, murder rates are comparable to Finland.

• For blacks in America, murder rates are comparable to Rwanda.

• Blacks have a nearly 8 times greater chance of being murdered than whites.

I'd like to see that study because it sounds like cherry picking to fir a political agenda to me. Is that adjusted for overall population percentile? Black on black crime? What about black on white crime? Why do blacks account for half of all crime when they only account for 12% of the population? You don't see those numbers anywhere close to that with any other minorities. Asians account for only 1% of crime and they're 5% of the population. Just a quick search of race crime stats - FBI, etc. - shows that most of the danger that blacks face is of their own making. Everyone else seems to be moving on except them. They always seem to be looking for someone to blame and refusing to accept any responsibility for themselves. Meanwhile those from Asia seem to be moving onward and upward just fine.

jdreyer's link linked to the actual Nate Silver article

Cherry picking what? It's just the stats. They are just what the article says they are. It didn't comment on the other stats and variables you're bringing up.

News Comments > Worms WMD Revealed
    7. Re: Worms WMD Revealed Aug 1, 2015, 05:03 Sepharo

Looking real good. That interview and video on there says "It's basically Worms Armageddon" as far as feel of the engine and physics. Good stuff.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
    10. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 1, 2015, 04:03 Sepharo

mystery8 wrote on Aug 1, 2015, 03:44:
    Sepharo wrote on Aug 1, 2015, 03:41:
    mystery8 wrote on Aug 1, 2015, 03:39:
    Sepharo wrote on Aug 1, 2015, 02:22:
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... A new operating system installation isn't carrying over the previous operating system's settings? Call the police. Hell, call the news, this is unprecedented;

Considering its an upgrade in most cases and not a fresh install and this is 2015, I don't think its an unreasonable expectation. At least where possible.

Oh I don't think so either. It's just not out of the ordinary, which is probably why MS figured they'd get away with it.

It's funny - my housemate just built a new machine. First thing he did after installing Windows 7 was open up Internet Explorer to download Firefox. Then he removed the IE icon saying "And that's the last time I'll be using that."

That's standard operating procedure for just about anyone building a computer that's not doing it in a corporate environment... and even then sometimes

News Comments > etc., etc.
    7. Re: etc., etc. Aug 1, 2015, 04:01 Sepharo

Doesn't look like old or young Derek.  

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 1, 2015, 03:41 Sepharo

mystery8 wrote on Aug 1, 2015, 03:39:
    Sepharo wrote on Aug 1, 2015, 02:22:
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... A new operating system installation isn't carrying over the previous operating system's settings? Call the police. Hell, call the news, this is unprecedented;

Considering its an upgrade in most cases and not a fresh install and this is 2015, I don't think its an unreasonable expectation. At least where possible.

Oh I don't think so either. It's just not out of the ordinary, which is probably why MS figured they'd get away with it.

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 1, 2015, 02:22 Sepharo

40. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 20:50 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 18:09:
    http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs Here's the conclusion to my CIG refund request. Start at "UNEXPECTED REPLY FROM SANDI GARDINER (July 22, 2015)".

I'm now no longer a backer of Star Citizen. My entire US$930 was returned.

Wow you and Derek are like blood bros now

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 17:51 Sepharo

Julio wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 08:14:
    Sepharo wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 20:03:
    Hahaha eye-for-an-eye being argued as the evolved/civilized penalty.

Evolved yes, civilized no.

"Evolved" is kind of nebulous. Besides, evolution doesn't always result in something better or superior.
    Humans evolved into social creatures. Our society, our civilization, is what set us apart from animals. Not to say that some animals don't have aspects of culture and society, because they do. Mammals in particular benefit from their social structures. Violent retaliation is a baser instinct not a more "evolved" one. But I'm sure you learned this in grade school like the rest of us.

News Comments > Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week
    37. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 31, 2015, 13:56 Sepharo

It's because he knew exactly what I was talking about. I still think you did too and everything you've said since has been to save face, to use your phrasing.

Given your posting history, the kind of games, characters, and stories you dislike... especially Rockstar games, it makes no sense for you to buy GTA V. If you somehow thought you would like it, you're either not very smart or disingenous in your posting.

I never said anything about GTA V sucking, you added that. And there were no petty insults. Everything was factual and I think you're not very smart considering the circumstances. Go ahead and read over it all again as I suggested earlier.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2015, 14:05.

35. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 31, 2015, 03:35 Sepharo

Its not a one time thing, those were just the most pertinent quotes found quickly. Somehow I can remember your rantings about thugs (mostly because it's so fucking weird) and you can't. Which brings us round to my initial post.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2015, 20:03 Sepharo

Julio wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 19:56:
    Krowen wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 16:17:
    blah...blah...blah...we can't murder everyone responsible unless you want to revert evolution entirely.

If being evolved means shooting, letting an animal suffer, beheading and skinning animals for fun...then we're not evolved at all. It would be an evolution to give the dentist the exact same penalty that he inflicted. And it would stop this type of thing going on next time.

But some people are too soft for that.

Hahaha eye-for-an-eye being argued as the evolved/civilized penalty.

News Comments > Rocket League Sells 5M; DLC Next Month; Patch Plans
    13. Re: Rocket League Sells 5M; DLC Next Month; Patch Plans Jul 30, 2015, 19:21 Sepharo

I would have paid $30 for it. Game is fun as hell and solid.
    It's got multiple modes, matchmaking that is quick and works, unlockables, customizable cars, stat pages, rankings, friend support.

The base vanilla multiplayer without all the bells and whistles is worth $20 but this game is polished. Most importantly though it's just damn fun.

33. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 30, 2015, 19:08 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 12:31:
    Did your search many pages down my history trying to catch myself on forgotten hypocrisy. Found nothing. You've resorted to lies for the sake of having a comeback. To save face, perhaps? I don't know.

The only one trying to save face here is you. Everyone knows you don't like Rockstar games. Why would you buy one?

Jun 4th 2012: "Why Rockstar is so obsessed with the sunset boulevard ghettos and thug-life is beyond me, and although the game is still good.. they ruined Max Payne. They should've kept that shit where it belonged: GTA"

Jun 5th 2012: "The moment when he said something within him hoped that that certain guy (who can murder women by shooting them point-blank in the face) had survived a certain explosion, was the straw that broke the cammels back."

Jul 6th 2012: "To me... Rockstar made another lame gang-bang story to appeal to the new-age kids who wanna be the coolest of da hood, yo."

Nov 19th 2012: "I wasn't looking forward to [GTA V] anyway. They should stick with the consoles and piss off. I've realized for quite a few years by now that Rockstar lacks creativity anyway. Every game of theirs has to be some bandit-sympathizer one way or the other. Now it's true the typical console kid gets a total hard-on for that but I'm sick of those cliche anti-hero bs concepts. They even managed turn Max Payne in that same thug-infested fuckshow. I'd still like to see them burn for what they done with that franchise and the man.

Fuck you Rockstar."

There's a whole lot more but I don't want to spend hours reiterating your own opinions to you.

31. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 30, 2015, 03:59 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 03:57:
    Sepharo wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 22:05:
    Quinn wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 07:03:
    Sepharo wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 03:08:
    Quinn wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 00:44:
    nin wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 22:36:
    Sepharo wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 22:34:
    Quinn wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 17:03:
    Quboid wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 16:02:
    Mafia is to Grand Theft Auto what The Witcher is to The Elder Scrolls, a mature take on the same basic premise. I'll keep an eye on this one.

It's crazy how GTAV is one of my biggest wastes of money of the last few months. I play games first and foremost for the story and singleplayer experience. The story was absolutely horrid. A bad written piece of junk written by a 13 year old with a boner.

Can't wait for Mafia 3.

Why the fuck would you buy GTAV if you know you don't like playing villains? You're constantly ranting about that over the years here and now we find out you bought GTAV? Man you're not very smart.

Because he thinks he's a special snowflake. "Look everyone! I'm different! Look at me!"

Oh right, because playing a villain automatically means the story sucks! What kind of infantile reasoning is this?! Heh, and you insult me on my intelligence. The irony.

Hey I'm not the one wasting money on a game I know I won't like.

I challenge you to quote me the comment where I said that I knew beforehand that I wouldn't like the story. Can't find it? Let that be a lesson to you not to talk bullshit.

You seem to think I'm commenting on the story. I'm just pointing out that you're the same Quinn that is constantly complaining about crude games, not wanting to play bad guys, etc... and now I find out you bought GTA V. Doesn't really make sense.

You could just search your own post history for "rockstar" if you're (bizarrely) wondering why you wouldn't want a game made by Rockstar. Also reading through your comments I notice you think and write a lot about teen dick, kind of creepy.

I can at least applaud you for your ability of evasion. Obviously you searched through my comments. Obviously you didn't find squad to quote me on.

You're still missing the point but it's not surprising. It's all quoted above if you'd like to read it again.
    I read through your comments before my very first reply to you just to make sure I was thinking of the right poster, and I was.

29. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 29, 2015, 22:05 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 07:03:
    Sepharo wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 03:08:
    Mafia is to Grand Theft Auto what The Witcher is to The Elder Scrolls, a mature take on the same basic premise. I'll keep an eye on this one.

It's crazy how GTAV is one of my biggest wastes of money of the last few months. I play games first and foremost for the story and singleplayer experience. The story was absolutely horrid. A bad written piece of junk written by a 13 year old with a boner.

Can't wait for Mafia 3.

Why the fuck would you buy GTAV if you know you don't like playing villains? You're constantly ranting about that over the years here and now we find out you bought GTAV? Man you're not very smart.

Because he thinks he's a special snowflake. "Look everyone! I'm different! Look at me!"

Oh right, because playing a villain automatically means the story sucks! What kind of infantile reasoning is this?! Heh, and you insult me on my intelligence. The irony.

I challenge you to quote me the comment where I said that I knew beforehand that I wouldn't like the story. Can't find it? Let that be a lesson to you not to talk bullshit.

You seem to think I'm commenting on the story. I'm just pointing out that you're the same Quinn that is constantly complaining about crude games, not wanting to play bad guys, etc... and now I find out you bought GTA V. Doesn't really make sense.

You could just search your own post history for "rockstar" if you're (bizarrely) wondering why you wouldn't want a game made by Rockstar. Also reading through your comments I notice you think and write a lot about teen dick, kind of creepy.

27. Re: Mafia 3 Confirmed: Full Reveal Next Week Jul 29, 2015, 03:08 Sepharo

Can't wait for Mafia 3.

6961 Comments. 349 pages. Viewing page 2.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo