Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6593 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
27. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2014, 20:14 Sepharo

That's not even an argument the lawyers are making. Why are you making it? The game design and characters were not taken from a cat toy.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 7, 2014, 01:12 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 23:09:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 22:43:
Nothing you wrote/pasted disagrees with what ForgedReality said.

But after looking into it some more, there is some science at work here than neither of you touched on. Flat black does emit heat radiation better than non-black or glossy black.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emissivity

Yes it does. He said colour doesn't affect an object and it does. Take to aluminum blocks and paint one black and one white and put them out in the sun for an hour. The black one is going to be hotter.

Yes, but as you've misunderstood again, that's about absorption not emission.
A point that he made in his own post, and you then followed up on essentially agreeing.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 6, 2014, 22:43 Sepharo

Nothing you wrote/pasted disagrees with what ForgedReality said.

But after looking into it some more, there is some science at work here than neither of you touched on. Flat black does emit heat radiation better than non-black or glossy black.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emissivity

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 2014, 22:49.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2014, 22:37 Sepharo

Blue deleted my recreation of the post in this PA strip...
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/11/03

21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2014, 22:33 Sepharo

Orogogus wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 19:47:
1badmf wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 01:23:
it's pretty clear the game is based on her designs with some modifications

What makes you say that? I mentioned it before, but I don't think her design really looks anything like the video game birds. They're both red and they have big white eyes. She claims Hartz used her font, but they don't look similar at all. What else are you and Quboid seeing?

I suspect it's from not reading the PDF and the misleading headline.

17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2014, 01:58 Sepharo

1badmf wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 01:23:
it's pretty clear the game is based on her designs with some modifications

I almost responded the first time you said this but Beamer covered it in a roundabout way. I guess you missed it though because this has nothing to do with the game design / art / gameplay. It's about the name "Angry Birds" as used in pet toys. Do you really think 1 bird from a cheap cat toy series inspired the design of the Angry Birds mobile game?

9. Re: Angry Birds Aug 5, 2014, 15:32 Sepharo

Orogogus wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 15:19:
Quboid wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 14:56:
The comparison on page 13 is the most blatant. There's just no way that happened independently even if Hartz didn't have their fingers in both.

I feel like I'm looking at something different from everyone else. I mean, they're both red, and they have big eyes, and... that's it? The wings, tail, shape of beak, legs or lack thereof, secondary coloration all look dissimilar to me. Is there, like, a whole set of these things in the same color schemes as the other birds?

That portion of the document is misleading. This really has nothing to do with the looks but with the name "Angry Birds" in pet toys.

Points 34-36 is where she loses her case though. The entire document talks about how she has the rights to "Angry Birds" for pet toys and that Hartz was just licensing and managing it for her... But then Amendment 1 to the agreement lets them take it over. The only argument refuting that is that no “good and valuable consideration” was provided to her... But she signed it.

News Comments > etc.
24. Re: etc. Aug 4, 2014, 21:20 Sepharo

PHJF wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 07:37:
Jesus you people are weird. I have real nightmares, like consistently dreaming I'm back in school again...

All my teeth crunching up in my mouth like rock candy.

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2014, 22:59 Sepharo

NKD wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 22:26:
Saboth wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:13:
I don't hear explosions after playing, but many times I'll have restless nights where I continue playing a game while sleeping in dreams and wake up exhausted.

I've had this too. Body has stopped playing the game, but the brain has not. Extrapolating scenarios and stuff. Even without an actual game feeding your information the brain just keeps on churning along making it up.

I'm always kind of amazed at how accurate yet random the dream games are. I can play an entire candy crush level in a dream. That reminds me... I gotta stop playing candy crush in bed at 3am.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2014, 12:25 Sepharo

Haha:
"One gamer even reported hearing someone constantly whispering ‘death’ for a few days."

They didn't explain in the article, but that has to be from Black and White. I don't think I was hearing it, but it's one of those goofy sound effects I still remember and occasionally look up online.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delayed?
52. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 3, 2014, 01:14 Sepharo

Creston has now written the most on a topic he finds tiresome.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
19. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 3, 2014, 01:13 Sepharo

Yeah I recognize the problem but I also don't think anything should be done beyond parental and school actions.

Mail, message boards, video sites, torrent networks, whatever... shouldn't be responsible for the actions of their users. Though they should comply with legal requests from law enforcement targeting specific individuals.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
14. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 2, 2014, 23:52 Sepharo

Technology/Internet crazes sweep through schools. Stuff was going "viral" there before the internet. If most, if not all, of the kids are using Secret then simply not looking at it would not be enough. Bullies need an audience, which is easy on the internet, and the victim doesn't need to be present.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2014, 19:10 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 18:59:
"decades of confusion?"

Seriously? Who on earth thought that Gorman was talking about a race called the Xenomorphs, rather than obviously just referring to an alien whose existence had been explained to him by Ripley.

That article is just filled to the rafters with assumptions, and quite frankly most of them are wrong.

Yeah the comments there point out the same thing.
Writer had to know it was a bit of a ridiculous premise but the history/lore was neat anyway.

News Comments > The Talos Principle Video
2. Re: The Talos Principle Video Aug 2, 2014, 16:07 Sepharo

Looks interesting but I'm afraid it will pale in comparison to the puzzles of Antichamber and the polish/story of Portal/2.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
26. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 2, 2014, 14:45 Sepharo

Always right.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delayed?
35. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 14:40 Sepharo

NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 11:48:
Cutter just stands out because most of the other wastes of oxygen who used to post here, like space captain for example, have already been shown the door.

*psst, he's right there, behind you*

News Comments > Falling Skies: The Game Trailer
12. Re: Falling Skies: The Game Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 23:13 Sepharo

Krovven wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 13:45:
With that said, I haven't missed an episode and I still enjoyed it for the first 3 seasons. This 4th season however has just completely gone off the rails. I'm bored with every episode thus far and they seem to be spinning their wheels...and they have already been picked up for a 5th season.

Oh no. I haven't start this season yet but I enjoyed the first 3 too. It's been surprisingly good in my opinon, but as others have pointed out there really isn't any other new sci-fi tv out there.

News Comments > Op Ed
88. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2014, 23:03 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 20:13:
I'm assuming the resident social justice warrior underneath me just said another one of his weak retorts. Having him on ignore is so nice.

It will never cease to amaze me watching these lonely people preach from the safety of their ivory tower penthouses, latching onto the weekly "equality" bandwagon just to troll video game websites with their nonsense. That's why the Beamers and the jdreyers of the world act the way they do. They are lonely.

http://i.imgur.com/wd9vFoV.gif

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 23:30 Sepharo

PropheT wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 23:25:
It sure seems worse now than it used to be [...]

Seriously? Platform/console-wars are nothing like what they used to be in my opinion. But that could just be because as an adult I'm more removed from them. Kids have more of a stake because they're often stuck with just one platform/console and feel they need to defend their (or their parents') choice.

And as far as Blue's goes, I seem to remember this place being far more staunchly PC in the past. These days the console topics are sometimes more discussed than the PC ones.

6593 Comments. 330 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo