Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 7165 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
140. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 30, 2015, 19:53 Sepharo

Murder She Wrote wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 18:35:
Krovven wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 15:56:
Derek Smart has no business going on this vendetta of his to bring CIG and everyone inside of it down. It's a direct conflict of interest, has gone way beyond the point of obsession and he's attacking individuals inside of the company directly damaging many of those peoples lives over this witch hunt of his. This personal conflict shit happens every day in companies and CIG is not special in that regard. In this case, it's an outside individual stirring the pot that arguably has something to gain from the failure of Star Citizen (that's a whole other topic). It's none of his business and at the very least he should have ended his crusade when they refunded his donation.

Not to mention its especially amusing considering his long and storied history of buggy, unfinished games. Not an iota of introspection.

I haven't read all of his walls of text but I remember the first one was definitely introspective. He discussed how he knew it would be so hard to do "the holy grail" of space games because he had tried many times before to varying degrees of success. I'm not going back to it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't written like, "BUT I DID IT!" he has definitely acknowledged his own buggy games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2015, 02:36 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 01:35:
40 years ago, a newborn bay bill with 3 days stay in the hospital was about $8 dollars. Today, it is no less than $20k.

1974 median income (in 2013 dollars) was 38k, 2013 Median income was 40k. (bls.gov)

Poverty Rate: (Census Bureau)
1974 7.7%
2013 9.6%

The more you know.

What does this random grab bag of facts have to do with the ACA?

News Comments > Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up
46. Re: Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up Sep 28, 2015, 15:14 Sepharo

dsmart wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 20:32:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 18:20:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 16:06:
Why not just reveal it after all of this time? Why would you care if anyone rags on you about it? It'll hardly be the worst thing anyone has ever said, and you're certainly not one to give a fuck right?

Is this going to turn into something like Obama's birth certificate? Please don't turn this into that. You know what's going to happen. People will take whatever image Derek provides as proof, go all Photoshop on it and release it to the public with all sorts of bullshit.

Instead people should ask Sandi to provide HER diplomas. She claims to have more than couple from different schools. She claims to be co-creator of Star Citizen (so where is her tech school degrees or samples of games she's worked on). She's the VP of Marketing. She's front and center for a 89 million dollar company. She has an ethical responsibility to be truthful with Backers. Do you know why she can't produce a single diploma or show an example of a game she worked on? She has NONE. The interviews where she said she had these diplomas is a LIE.

I just wanted to reply to this post so I don't have to reply to his (below and above).

Carry on. I hope you love strawman arguments. Otherwise, please ignore these tools. It's all a deflecting tactic. Been there. Done that. You know this.

Sorry, I was honestly not trying to be antagonistic, you just wrote about it with a water-under-the-bridge type of tone and linked to something that I thought would explain it, but it didn't. Figured maybe it wasn't a thing anymore, but I see it still is.

I have an IT degree from Central Michigan University (a party school among the michigan farmland). I was going for a CS degree but repeatedly withdrew from Calculus (4 fkn days a week and always in the morning) and had to switch to a major that didn't require it.

38. Re: Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up Sep 27, 2015, 16:06 Sepharo

dsmart wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 15:38:
1) I didn't lie about anything of the sort. I chose not to reveal the source to a bunch of Internet clowns. If you must know, I now have two. Yeah, I know, shocking. The last person who did that, ended up in court, staring at a judge. Nice try.

The pertinent sentence,
"It wasn’t until in recent years when I filed an unrelated lawsuit, did the prerequisite declaration etc, that I ever had to address it. As expected, it went nowhere."

Still pretty vague.
Why not just reveal it after all of this time? Why would you care if anyone rags on you about it? It'll hardly be the worst thing anyone has ever said, and you're certainly not one to give a fuck right?
Though I must say the literal doubling down on the Ph.D. is hilarious.

26. Re: Cloud Imperium Games Layoff Report Follow-up Sep 26, 2015, 19:03 Sepharo

I wonder how long and how many millions it took these guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=625_eECEw4A

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Writers Named
12. Re: Serious Sam 4 Writers Named Sep 26, 2015, 18:45 Sepharo

The studio did a really good job with the writing in Talos Principle, I hope to see more of their efforts in the next Serious Sam.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
105. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 26, 2015, 18:42 Sepharo

Stormsinger wrote on Sep 26, 2015, 11:18:
But the tenor of the site has been borderline for the last few years.

It was much much worse in the past.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
10. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 26, 2015, 02:23 Sepharo

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 15:40:
Truthfully, the only thing Half-life 3 would bring to the table is, maybe, something for the mod community to give us the better titles of the next ten years.

If you look at the top played games on steam, you'll realize they are all stand alone games based off modifications from 10+ years ago.

CS:GO
Team Fortress 2
DOTA
LOL
ETC.

it still blows me away that 28,000 people are playing skyrim at any given time.. this is because of modifications.

Well said.

News Comments > Op Ed
108. Re: Op Ed Sep 24, 2015, 22:25 Sepharo

dsmart wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 22:21:
Well, some sad news to report

You know that, right or wrong, you're going to be blamed for this right?

News Comments > MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8
40. Re: MS Kills Safedisc DRM in Win 7 & 8 Sep 24, 2015, 16:16 Sepharo

Kajetan wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 09:14:
Creston wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 08:48:
You consider gamecopyworld.com trustworthy? Their .exes are loaded with viruses...
No, they are not. Lets take one Safedisc game, Freelancer.
Upload any of these cracks to Virustotal.com. Analyze. Virus free!

I use this site for nearly 15 years. No viruses, some false alarms. Never had any problems. Viruses, mal- and adware is mostly found in game downloads from sites, where you are tricked to use some crappy downloader, who shits tons of adware in your system.

Same here. Used to cracked exe everything and they almost always came from gamecopyworld. Never contained a virus.

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2015, 23:09 Sepharo

So... I'm still going to need some help with this part,

"And when people buy a new car every two years, yet the fact that it is losing thousands of dollars (or because of that) they are gaining money because most of them will be using it as a TAX write off, claiming the loss back as tax that they then don't have to pay/claim back."

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 22, 2015, 21:04 Sepharo

Medic wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 12:33:
BobBob wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 12:15:
There will always be opportunists. Your tax money goes to a Congress that should be regulating this. Make them do their job.

This is one rare instance where I would respectfully disagree with you. The problem isn't regulation, it's manipulation by the government. The government has essentially restricted the supply of this drug (which is actually a direct violation of the Sherman Act) and has manufactured a crisis where none need exist. The only thing the government should be doing regulation wise is ensuring that all the vendors and supplies of this drug being imported are safe.

Again, this is a problem they could solve in a week by removing the equivalency laws, but it's not in their (politicians) best interest. And before anyone screams this party or that party, they all take money from BigPharma.

My wife is an auditor for a drug benefit broker for HMOs. You would not believe the shit the government writes into law to protect the monopolies BigPharma has in this country. It's disgusting.

Can you explain how the government has "essentially restricted" the supply of the drug?
Also you're referring to "equivalence", are you talking about bioequivalence as it pertains to generics?

32. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2015, 20:27 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Sep 20, 2015, 19:52:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 20, 2015, 18:07:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 20, 2015, 16:03:
It was from his bad guy year. He did Insomnia, One Hour Photo, and Death to Smoochy all in 2002. He said coming off of Bicentennial Man and Patch Adams that he just had to be evil.

The next time you wish to add your commentary please use the secret text filter. It's a provided courtesy to keep all of us from spoiling the film for those who haven't seen it.

Agreed, I've never seen One Hour Photo, and it's in my Netflix queue.

You two are crazy. Complaining about spoilers on role information about three well known movies where Robin Williams plays a bad guy. None of these movies have a twist, it's not "ohhh he was the bad guy all along". He's the known bad guy from the very beginning. I've given no plot details. It's like me saying that Michael Meyers is the bad guy. Norman Bates in Psycho has more secrecy around his role than Williams in these 3 movies.

The synopsis given on Netflix has more spoilers, make sure not to read it.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2015, 20:48.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2015, 18:19 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Sep 20, 2015, 18:07:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 20, 2015, 16:03:
It was from his bad guy year. He did Insomnia, One Hour Photo, and Death to Smoochy all in 2002. He said coming off of Bicentennial Man and Patch Adams that he just had to be evil.

The next time you wish to add your commentary please use the secret text filter. It's a provided courtesy to keep all of us from spoiling the film for those who haven't seen it.

That's not a movie with a twist or anything and it's 13 years old.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2015, 16:03 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Sep 20, 2015, 15:55:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 20, 2015, 02:01:
Finally saw Insomnia. Amazing movie visually. Good movie story wise. These two lines sum up the film perfectly.

"There are two kinds of people in Alaska: those who were born here and those who come here to escape something."

"A good cop can't sleep because he's missing a piece of the puzzle. And a bad cop can't sleep because his conscience won't let him."

You'll need to watch the film to get the reference. Very good movie all around.

I wonder if they cast Robin Williams because (spoilers) he had never played a bad guy up until that point, so the audience wasn't expecting him to be one. That being said, IIRC they let it be known about half way through.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 20, 2015, 15:13 Sepharo

Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 20, 2015, 13:07:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 19, 2015, 19:13:
I use my own modem and router with Comcast.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AJHDZSI/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DB9WCR6/

I have the same brand of router. I have the Motorola SURFboard eXtreme Wireless Cable Modem & Gigabit Router SBG6580. How long have you had your account? I just signed up again a couple months ago and they refused to let me use mine.

My account for 6+ years, my modem for just a year I think.
Just hook it up, call in, and say you need to add a modem to your account. You give them the MAC address etc, and you should be set.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2015, 19:13 Sepharo

I use my own modem and router with Comcast.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AJHDZSI/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DB9WCR6/

News Comments > SOMA Trailer
7. Re: SOMA Trailer Sep 19, 2015, 04:10 Sepharo

"SOMA, our upcoming sci-fi horror game, delves deep into the mysteries of subjects such as identity and consciousness."

Wow... so the same story/angle as Talos Principle?
Not that more of that is bad.. MOAR

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Black Sails - The Ghost Ship
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Black Sails - The Ghost Ship Sep 17, 2015, 22:26 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 20:14:
This looks like it might be good.

Stoked for Season 3 of the TV show too.

This isn't related to the show. But yes season 3 needs to get here quicker.

Oddly enough, I've been following Blue's on Facebook for years now and have never seen an article show up on my feed... but this one did today. I have to imagine it did because a FB algo knew that I like Black Sails... Only problem, I've never done that liking on Facebook, never posted about it or anything. Either a crazy coincidence or Facebook knows stuff about me from Amazon or another site.

News Comments > Amnesia Free on Steam
22. Re: Amnesia Free on Steam Sep 16, 2015, 01:33 Sepharo

tony wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 23:40:
A Machine for Pigs is like Dear Esther with a horror atmosphere during the late 1800's. It is, for the most part, a walking simulator with a few chase moments.

I can't give it a proper review because I got bored with the lever pulling early on and quit. It wasn't too different but I feel like Amnesia had better puzzles or game mechanics than that. Or at least it did earlier on enough so that I wouldn't lose interest.

7165 Comments. 359 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo