Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6605 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Genetic Car Thingy Mar 18, 2014, 00:37 Sepharo

jimnms wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 23:57:
I've been running it with bluesnews.com seed all day and 155.56 is the best so far. Early on one got 155.11, and after half a day nothing had beat it. There's this valley at ~153.xx that they all get stuck in. I tried resetting the population a few times and tinkering with the settings, but I didn't think anything would beat it. I reset the population a few minutes ago and it didn't take long for one set a new record of 155.56 by climbing out and getting hung at the top (pic).

#1: 179.68 d:174.24 h:-2.88/5.58m (gen 18)

Mine went farther quicker

edit: Actually I see your top car hit its record pretty early on.

edit2: Damn my new car just put a smack down on that track no matter how ridiculous it got.
http://i.imgur.com/nxmwYhl.png

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2014, 00:55.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EverQuest Turns 15
19. Re: EverQuest Turns 15 Mar 17, 2014, 23:20 Sepharo

This is one of the few times that I hear a game's anniversary and actually think it should be older. "Counter-Strike is almost 15, shouldn't EQ be much older?" Then I look it up and find out EQ only released 3 months earlier than the first CS beta.

1999-2001 seemed like an eternity to me back then.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
13. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 17, 2014, 00:10 Sepharo

nin wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 20:42:
I've not gotten anything after the $99 notice, either. I did initially cancel when the email came out, but resubbed, hoping they might offer a discount. If nothing else, I'll gift a membership to myself.

I haven't been sent anything to my registered address either.

News Comments > Titanfall Optimization Tips
44. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 16, 2014, 20:23 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 18:37:
"I like this game."
"You're just sheeple drinking the Kool-Aid!"
"You're just saying that because you suck at the game!"
"Oh, that's original. I can't suck because I never even bothered playing this suckfest! Stop white-knighting!"

Worst thread in ages.

Itís the same thing any time a new MP FPS comes out. People complain that is not like their style of FPS or they make complaints that can be leveled at any MP FPS. Then you have the * is cheap people and the too many hackers people.

19. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 22:10 Sepharo

harlock wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 22:02:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 20:42:
"This game is very shallow..." proceeds to list off 50 or so features.

no, he proceeds to list off 5 features or so.. which is, clearly - shallow

not that theres anything wrong with a casual mp shooter.. but its definitely not the second coming of jesus or some kind of revolutionary epic genius

you can have fun with shallow games, for a while at least - everything is not always some kind of binary either/or scenario

"he said its fun, so he cant have any criticism of it!" .. what? come on dude, get real

But he says it's a good game and he has fun playing it. His criticisms are about most multiplayer FPS. And in comparison to most deathmatchers it's bizarre to say the gameplay is shallow. This is supported by other reviews of Titanfall that say it has too much going on with the titans, parkour, cloak, ai grunts, etc.

14. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 20:42 Sepharo

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 19:53:
If you guys have not seen the "Worth a Buy" review of Titanfall, do yourself a favor and check it out. It is pure gold.

This guy would have hated Quake 3 huh?

Then he says it's really fun and he's enjoying it.

"This game is very shallow..." proceeds to list off 50 or so features.

Also, his "shoot shoot shoot bang" criticism is the MP FPS genre.

5. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 15:12 Sepharo

Linksil wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 14:59:
Scottyl42 wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 12:57:
Rumor on Twitter is that the sales numbers are disappointing? I'm not sure. I didnt like the beta but I had hoped it sold well.

Also since they didn't have the 360 ready for launch, I know they are still missing a huge part of their expected markets.

Oh wow. I didn't even realize that 360 didn't have a simultaneous launch. That seems pretty silly that they'd make concession for it and then not even manage a coordinated release.

I'm really enjoying the game, playing a few maps every night. It's fun getting better at the mechanics. I love to call my Titan down and put it into autopilot. As he's fighting another Titan I run up behind it and use the Sidewinder to blast away at it's unprotected back. They go down really quick that way.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 15, 2014, 01:06 Sepharo

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 22:53:
Probably still my favorite BF so far. I loved the jungle aspect. I loved loved loved the Vietnam music and the ability to play it in vehicles for both you and other players to hear. Rolling up in a tank or heli to Ride of the Valkyries? Fuckin A.

I remember people really hating on it at the time but yeah, I'd have to say it was my favorite as well for the same reasons you state.

Just loved flying around in that Huey blasting some tunes weaving between the trees. Smashin dudes with the helicopter instead of wasting rockets. It was the only BF with some personality.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
56. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2014, 23:20 Sepharo

Wait you guys are just now getting into Cookie Clicker?
Why not just go right for the next viral clicking game.

http://clickingbad.nullism.com/

Haha, apparently it still has my game going (cookie clicker did not).

$19,026,312,448,346,176 Cash Money.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Bug Mar 14, 2014, 22:01 Sepharo

Your Mom wrote:
Quoting some shit.

Yeah but the workaround is just to throw a single space before the quoted Q.

Sepharo changed bug severity to 'minor' and priority to 'least'.

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode "Almost There"
41. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Mar 14, 2014, 21:55 Sepharo

Unless it's fixing a typo, my minimum estimate for anything is 2 hours.  

News Comments > GameRanger Passes 5M Users
16. Re: GameRanger Passes 5M Users Mar 13, 2014, 01:35 Sepharo

I used to use All Seeing Eye and then eventually hlsw.

All games (if needed) are "scripted" to automatically skip through all the menus, auto-click on appropriate options, auto-type in IP addresses if needed, and so on. The network traffic is all tunnelled so that it will work through firewalls and routers.

This has definitely piqued my interest.

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
48. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 02:34 Sepharo

harlock wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 02:00:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 01:35:
I scrolled back to see if you had mentioned them earlier but it seems to all be ranting about storage space like it's 2004.

so you enjoy the 48GB install size? wow you are so modern

More indifference than enjoyment.

44. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 01:35 Sepharo

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 01:26:
Polish doesn't fix shitty design choices or [lack of] online functionality.

Could you explain?
Maybe I'm blind to these shitty design choices and lack of online functionality. I scrolled back to see if you had mentioned them earlier but it seems to all be ranting about storage space like it's 2004.

42. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 01:21 Sepharo

JeffD wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 00:29:
My question is, why isn't it optional? Titanfall every time I look at it looks more and more like "My first pc game", with its anemic multiplayer options, horrid AI, low number of players in a match, and amateur hour file structure, it was released too soon.

I really do not get the comments like these.
Have you played the game? It's one of the most polished releases in a while in my opinion.

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
46. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 01:46 Sepharo

Just got done playing 7 missions or so from the campaign. I'm really liking it. Took a bit to get in a game right at midnight but I eventually did and had no issues after that.

Yeah like TotalBiscuit said, the campaign is just sort of there running in the background. I have no idea what the story is about but the gameplay is what I enjoyed in the beta with more maps.

23. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 10, 2014, 22:19 Sepharo

Cabezone wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 22:10:
I played the beta and have been playing it a bit today. So far so good, yeah it's a port but it's a good one. Mouse/Keyboard works fine and dandy, adjustable fov, up to 90.

Controllers for PC's do have auto aim like a console...not sure how that's going to play out till a lot more people are playing.

Played today eh?

16. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 10, 2014, 21:45 Sepharo

I'm excited for it. I've wanted to jump back in ever since the beta went down. Got a few friends pre-ordering as well.

Looking forward to the map variety and fightin some monsters in MP

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
53. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 9, 2014, 11:21 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 05:18:
I enjoy the show but this game is absolute... absolute crap. The jokes are cheap as fuck, or farts.. I should say. Neither is there any motivation to continue in the story, because -- lol -- there's none to speak of. I understand it's fucking South Park but come on, it's an RPG and RPG's should have a goddamn story. Period. And mu god is the game just utterly fucking boring in general.

Loving the show, hating the game. People who think this is worth a buy are the people who laugh their ass off at every fart joke. Every time.

I'd say it depends on the kind of fart.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Specs
35. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 17:40 Sepharo

mag wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 17:08:
PHJF wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 08:32:
As far as I can tell Logitech took a hit in quality in the past few years. I have a late model G5 (which admittedly I've been using for a long time) suffering from the poor cord connection that apparently plagues many of their corded mice. The mousewheel has lost a lot of tactility, one of the sensitivity change buttons has always been poor to respond, and I hate that it doesn't store DPI setting onboard. Real comfortable, though. Their keyboard selection has been lackluster and they haven't released a worthwhile set of speakers in ages; Z5500 was the crown jewel of PC-specific speakers and they never followed it up.

I've been looking toward finally getting a new mouse and have been eyeballing Cooler Master stuff. Couldn't be happier with the CM keyboard I've been using, and their peripherals tend to be a bit cheaper than the competition.

I love my G700s from Logitech, though their mice do seem to have a left-mouse-button-dies-after-two-years problem lately. On the other hand, they have a three year warranty. So give them a call and a day later, brand new mouse. Hurray! They gave me a brand new G700s to replace my G700, didn't require the old one be shipped back or anything.

I've clicked through a mouse a few times. Open it up and see a trench formed across the plastic clicker.
I'm sure the occasional (flash) game mechanic where you click as fast as you can probably doesn't help it either.

6605 Comments. 331 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo