Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6594 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves
13. Re: Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves Mar 26, 2014, 21:32 Sepharo

nin wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 21:24:
Shataan wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 21:17:
This really IS Genius. Makes you wonder why no other Devs have ever implemented the idea.

Doesn't GTA 5 do this?

Were they doing it with cheaters or just griefers?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
86. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 02:22 Sepharo

verybad1 wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 02:20:
I really don't see this working for facebook, for mobile, or for social .

I don't even see any link between mobile and a virtual reality system...

Quite frankly, I think it was a bad business decision by Facebook, it really doesn't fit their business, and while it's got a niche, it's not going to be something people are wearing while walking down the street, or in bars while texting.

It just doesn't make any sense. Occulus Rift fits hardcore gamers playing simulators, it can work for games, but it's not what they seem to think it is.

More like it's not what you think they seem to think it is.

News Comments > Molyneux: Indie Revival "Won't Last"
62. Re: Molyneux: Indie Revival Mar 26, 2014, 02:20 Sepharo

saluk wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 02:18:
As much as I despise Molyneux, I think he has a point. These kinds of things wax and wane over time - periods of creativity and anarchy, and periods of consolidation. We've seen it happen on mobile, where in the early days it was very easy to get placement no matter your background; but now the majority of top selling games are produced by huge game factory conglomorates. The amount of indie games being trying to get placement these days is not really sustainable.

It's never been sustainable. Only a relative few are hits. Why should that change?

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
62. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 23:22 Sepharo

Chatrooms are coming back. Mark my words this is for VR chatrooms and meetings. Kids are always moving to social networks that are hidden away from their parents. A virtual chatroom where you could possibly appear however you wanted and possibly make invite only? People would eat that up. I know second life in a way already has that covered but that's the wild west and has a high technical bar for entry. This would be a controlled and branded experienced.

Facebook, Google, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Sony, whatever want to get in early on VR. Sure the unit is bulky today but the ratio of bulk to picture quality is the best it's been yet and is only going to get better. Same reason these companies are snapping up drones and robotics. They just want to get out ahead of everything. But yeah, I would've definitely preferred to see Microsoft or Google get Oculus Rift.

News Comments > Molyneux: Indie Revival "Won't Last"
26. Re: Molyneux: Indie Revival Mar 25, 2014, 12:48 Sepharo

Molyneux can be a legendary game designer and a total whack job at the same time. Doesn't have to be one or the other.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2014, 01:24 Sepharo

I'm the guy with the cheap G330.

edit: Whoa, the price hopped up $68.00 now. I swear I was getting these for $40-50 over the years.

News Comments > etc., etc.
22. Re: etc., etc. Mar 22, 2014, 19:05 Sepharo

"I poked a beehive with a stick and the bees stung me." Tears  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Disappears from Steam
15. Re: Bulletstorm Disappears from Steam Mar 22, 2014, 18:38 Sepharo

007Bistromath wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 18:37:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 17:39:
We've probably covered this situation before but... will I still be able to download, install, and play the copy I purchased on Steam?
I never got around to it. Realistically I probably never will but that doesn't mean I won't feel ripped off if I've lost access.

Yes, but my understanding is that it won't work at all, which is why they stopped selling it.

Word on the street is that Steam copies use an outdated, broken GFWL client. Won't talk to the servers at all. For some reason, it was easier to do this than update it; I guess that's why they're considering this confirmation that they're tearing GFWL down?

The good news is you can still play it without buying it again, just not on Steam. For whatever reason Origin copies work. If you get the CD key associated with your Steam copy and redeem it in Origin, it should work fine. I haven't tested the Origin version personally as I'm currently low on HD space, but several users on the Steam forum report this as a serviceable workaround, provided that you're willing to put up with Origin.

Thanks for the info.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Disappears from Steam
11. Re: Bulletstorm Disappears from Steam Mar 22, 2014, 17:39 Sepharo

We've probably covered this situation before but... will I still be able to download, install, and play the copy I purchased on Steam?
I never got around to it. Realistically I probably never will but that doesn't mean I won't feel ripped off if I've lost access.

19. Re: Genetic Car Thingy Mar 18, 2014, 00:37 Sepharo

jimnms wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 23:57:
I've been running it with bluesnews.com seed all day and 155.56 is the best so far. Early on one got 155.11, and after half a day nothing had beat it. There's this valley at ~153.xx that they all get stuck in. I tried resetting the population a few times and tinkering with the settings, but I didn't think anything would beat it. I reset the population a few minutes ago and it didn't take long for one set a new record of 155.56 by climbing out and getting hung at the top (pic).

#1: 179.68 d:174.24 h:-2.88/5.58m (gen 18)

Mine went farther quicker

edit: Actually I see your top car hit its record pretty early on.

edit2: Damn my new car just put a smack down on that track no matter how ridiculous it got.
http://i.imgur.com/nxmwYhl.png

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2014, 00:55.

News Comments > EverQuest Turns 15
19. Re: EverQuest Turns 15 Mar 17, 2014, 23:20 Sepharo

This is one of the few times that I hear a game's anniversary and actually think it should be older. "Counter-Strike is almost 15, shouldn't EQ be much older?" Then I look it up and find out EQ only released 3 months earlier than the first CS beta.

1999-2001 seemed like an eternity to me back then.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
13. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 17, 2014, 00:10 Sepharo

nin wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 20:42:
I've not gotten anything after the $99 notice, either. I did initially cancel when the email came out, but resubbed, hoping they might offer a discount. If nothing else, I'll gift a membership to myself.

I haven't been sent anything to my registered address either.

News Comments > Titanfall Optimization Tips
44. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 16, 2014, 20:23 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 18:37:
"I like this game."
"You're just sheeple drinking the Kool-Aid!"
"You're just saying that because you suck at the game!"
"Oh, that's original. I can't suck because I never even bothered playing this suckfest! Stop white-knighting!"

Worst thread in ages.

Itís the same thing any time a new MP FPS comes out. People complain that is not like their style of FPS or they make complaints that can be leveled at any MP FPS. Then you have the * is cheap people and the too many hackers people.

19. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 22:10 Sepharo

harlock wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 22:02:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 20:42:
"This game is very shallow..." proceeds to list off 50 or so features.

no, he proceeds to list off 5 features or so.. which is, clearly - shallow

not that theres anything wrong with a casual mp shooter.. but its definitely not the second coming of jesus or some kind of revolutionary epic genius

you can have fun with shallow games, for a while at least - everything is not always some kind of binary either/or scenario

"he said its fun, so he cant have any criticism of it!" .. what? come on dude, get real

But he says it's a good game and he has fun playing it. His criticisms are about most multiplayer FPS. And in comparison to most deathmatchers it's bizarre to say the gameplay is shallow. This is supported by other reviews of Titanfall that say it has too much going on with the titans, parkour, cloak, ai grunts, etc.

14. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 20:42 Sepharo

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 19:53:
If you guys have not seen the "Worth a Buy" review of Titanfall, do yourself a favor and check it out. It is pure gold.

This guy would have hated Quake 3 huh?

Then he says it's really fun and he's enjoying it.

"This game is very shallow..." proceeds to list off 50 or so features.

Also, his "shoot shoot shoot bang" criticism is the MP FPS genre.

5. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 15:12 Sepharo

Linksil wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 14:59:
Scottyl42 wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 12:57:
Rumor on Twitter is that the sales numbers are disappointing? I'm not sure. I didnt like the beta but I had hoped it sold well.

Also since they didn't have the 360 ready for launch, I know they are still missing a huge part of their expected markets.

Oh wow. I didn't even realize that 360 didn't have a simultaneous launch. That seems pretty silly that they'd make concession for it and then not even manage a coordinated release.

I'm really enjoying the game, playing a few maps every night. It's fun getting better at the mechanics. I love to call my Titan down and put it into autopilot. As he's fighting another Titan I run up behind it and use the Sidewinder to blast away at it's unprotected back. They go down really quick that way.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 15, 2014, 01:06 Sepharo

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 22:53:
Probably still my favorite BF so far. I loved the jungle aspect. I loved loved loved the Vietnam music and the ability to play it in vehicles for both you and other players to hear. Rolling up in a tank or heli to Ride of the Valkyries? Fuckin A.

I remember people really hating on it at the time but yeah, I'd have to say it was my favorite as well for the same reasons you state.

Just loved flying around in that Huey blasting some tunes weaving between the trees. Smashin dudes with the helicopter instead of wasting rockets. It was the only BF with some personality.

56. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2014, 23:20 Sepharo

Wait you guys are just now getting into Cookie Clicker?
Why not just go right for the next viral clicking game.

http://clickingbad.nullism.com/

Haha, apparently it still has my game going (cookie clicker did not).

$19,026,312,448,346,176 Cash Money.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Bug Mar 14, 2014, 22:01 Sepharo

Your Mom wrote:
Quoting some shit.

Yeah but the workaround is just to throw a single space before the quoted Q.

Sepharo changed bug severity to 'minor' and priority to 'least'.

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode "Almost There"
41. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Mar 14, 2014, 21:55 Sepharo

Unless it's fixing a typo, my minimum estimate for anything is 2 hours.  

6594 Comments. 330 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo