Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6555 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock Infinite DLC to Add 1998 Mode
13. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC to Add 1998 Mode Mar 1, 2014, 18:48 Sepharo

ViRGE wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 20:01:
Draugr wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 19:10:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 18:59:
Drayth wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 18:51:
Love the logo
I thought it was an allusion to the Tomb Raider box. But that was 1996.

I think its supposed to resemble the 'Thief' box.
Ahh, so it is. The only version of the Thief box I was familiar with was the square one. But they reused the Tomb Raider trapezoid for Thief at one point too.

Thief box

PC FF7 was also released in a box like that. I think it's still the only somewhat valuable game I have in my collection. Though I don't see it going for the hundreds that it used to on ebay.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
68. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Mar 1, 2014, 01:07 Sepharo

nin wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 23:28:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 21:41:
I am ready to play this

^ Shits on John Carmack, supports Bobby K.

Wouldn't supporting Titanfall, in a roundabout way, also be shitting on Bobby K. ?

News Comments > Minecraft Movie Plans
24. Re: Minecraft Movie Plans Feb 28, 2014, 20:49 Sepharo

Just rip off the Lego movie.

Have it look like it's in Minecraft. Kids are already watching hours of it on youtube anyway. Hell hire the best youtube Minecraft guys.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
54. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 23:32 Sepharo

Bucky wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 22:50:
I for one am looking forward to this game. I played the beta a ton, and loved it. Great movement, good balance, and solid map design. It's pre-ordered and I'm itching to play. I'll take good gameplay any day.

Now, I've also play a lot of Battlefield. Let's face it, BF4 is a goddamn mess. They're crowning achievement, months after release, is a relatively stable game. The first DLC had no levolution events (so much for that marketing bullet) and the promised balance pass still hasn't arrived. There are some horrible balance issues, especially with regard to the vehicles and map design (see the MAA and Dragon Pass for excellent examples).

Skipped BF4. What I'm interested in now is new game dynamics and stability. Something CoD and the BF series haven't provided for a while. That's exactly what I felt in the beta for Titanfall. If you can stomach almost 14 minutes of Sessler and friends I think they really cover a lot of what I'm thinking about.

I've also been playing a lot of Loadout. It's also pretty damn stable with a surprisingly good netcode. But it's F2P and has leveling weapons so it feels cheap beating up on people with a level 6 beam weapon against their level 1 rocket or something. I don't mind unlocks so much in mp fps, but leveling weapons that increase their dmg, acc, etc. are too much.

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
33. Re: Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling Feb 26, 2014, 23:30 Sepharo

Look at Mr. 2-posts throwin out nicknames and psychoanalysis.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2014, 21:17 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:53:
Kids do weird shit, so that's forgiven. I took a bunch of kids from church to Micky D's, and a ten year old got an order of fries and a frosty. Then she proceeded to dip the fries into the frosty before eating them... :o

Weird... a few days ago on another forum I'm on somebody posted this:

I've been known to go to McDonalds and order fries, and then go to the Wendys right next door and order a frosty. Then I dip my fries in the frosty. It's epic.

News Comments > Minecraft Boasts 100M Registered Users
14. Re: Minecraft Boasts 100M Registered Users Feb 26, 2014, 03:09 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 02:19:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 00:43:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 23:57:
You don't believe kids would create logins to play the demo? That's the most reasonable guess about an unexplained number I've ever heard on this site.

I'd reckon it's in every computer lab in schools across the country derp, I mean world. Probably the "Oregon Trail" of its time.

If a school computer has Java installed the admin should be flogged. And that single rule prevents Minecraft on school computers pretty well ;p

I would be surprised if the majority of schools didn't have java on their lab machines. And even if they didn't it's trivial to install depending on the degree that the machine is locked down. Many schools use(d) machines that reset to image everyday or whenever they're turned off and on.

News Comments > Minecraft Boasts 100M Registered Users
12. Re: Minecraft Boasts 100M Registered Users Feb 26, 2014, 00:43 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 23:57:
You don't believe kids would create logins to play the demo? That's the most reasonable guess about an unexplained number I've ever heard on this site.

I'd reckon it's in every computer lab in schools across the country derp, I mean world. Probably the "Oregon Trail" of its time.

News Comments > ESO Beta Expanding
13. Re: ESO Beta Expanding Feb 25, 2014, 23:29 Sepharo

Deathhead wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 22:48:
I'll just leave this here for whoever gets it first

MR6GMNCPTWEN7WF77FJ4

I grabbed it. Thanks.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 25, 2014, 22:02 Sepharo

Well in that game you could control the direction at least. And needed to collect stuff. Shit that game is advanced compared to Flappy Bird.

It's more of a direct rip off of an old popular flash game with a helicopter and green barriers.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
32. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2014, 00:29 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 23:39:
I'm not afraid to state my life experiences Seph, and however that translates to your ego is up to you.

I have nothing against your life experiences. Why should I doubt them?

I simply relate mine and get called a liar, whereas you relate yours and put an absolutist spin on them. I readily acknowledge mine as anecdotal evidence, but yours are the absolute truth apparently.

29. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 24, 2014, 23:10 Sepharo

shinchan0s wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 22:57:
Axis wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 21:05:

That's completely false. The vast majority 'live' off-base among the communities they serve. Bases have minor amenities; you get necessities and some recreation. The vast majority live their lives off base unless they are in a war zone.

I don't know a single right-leaning veteran who comes out of the military as a leftist, and I know hundreds - that's complete crap. The opposite of your statement tends to happen. The military is everything most leftists tend to avoid like the plague. And yes, it's authoritative as expected when you sign the dotted line for however many years you want -- and the best life experience you can get paid to do if you can handle it.

Sepharo is half right.

I don't know what bases you've stayed in, but as a former Air Force brat I know Osan Air Base (in South Korea) has more than just the "basic necessities". I mean, hell, they even had a school and hospital. Pretty nice Tennis courts too. The base in Osan was just like the one my Dad worked in at Fort Devens, MA down to the AAFES convenience store. A guy could live pretty comfortably just within the base.

I also think you're over-estimating the extent military people "immerse" themselves in country they're based in. Most guys in Osan only went as far as downtown to buy bootlegs and meet women. I knew a few guys who actually lived in Korean apartments, but the extent of the Korean they knew was hello and goodbye. You might get a few more thoughtful guys out there who learn some of the history and culture, but the vast majority had as much knowledge as a tourist on a week-long trip. They do bring back a lot of cool souvenirs though.

Be prepared to be called a liar. Axis knows better than you.

28. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 24, 2014, 23:08 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 22:53:
A pitiful few would fit that grossly liberal assumption - you gave yourself away to those who would know better.

Americans don't join the military with arms pumping and war on their minds hoping to go into combat and kill someone or get themselves killed. They join in hopes to have a better life, get a free education, get job skills, get out of a bad situation, travel, etc. And if they are called to defend their country they gladly will with their life.

There's life experiences out there for you guys - leave the forums and go get them.

This seems to be a common theme with me and you. I tell you something from my life and you essentially (or sometimes outright) call me a liar.

25. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 24, 2014, 21:46 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 21:05:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 19:28:
Axis wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 18:51:
Scheherazade wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:37:
Axis wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:32:
Scheherazade wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:24:
Axis wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:09:
So many of you liberals have absolutely no idea what you ask for, cause you have no idea what it's like outside your basement and lofty ideals. Go join the forces, do something for our country, experience the world, and come back wise.

The forces don't go elsewhere and make a living for themselves in a different culture.

Their time is paid for by the government/state. (Government employment : Pretty much the most leftist occupation you can have)
They don't have to experience life in other places.
They live on bases, in a different world than the nation they're located in.

-scheherazade

Spoken like a basement liberal.

Libertarian, actually.
That's right of center, FYI.

-scheherazade

Well then a basement libertarian, but certainly not one who has experienced the military overseas. I am a libertarian who served overseas and I certainly wouldn't have made those comments due to my views and world experience. The military has historically been on the right for many good reasons - most of which they are responsible people doing responsible work and have a profound love for their country they serve. Quite the opposite of much spin you hear from the liberal core... : )

I think his point was more that they live in their own unique "world". That's undeniably true.

My own anecdotal evidence would say that people I went to school with who went to war came back "lefter" than they left. That includes independent or completely disenchanted as well. But many of them went in strongly conservative. Exposure to cultures (good and bad aspects) other than your own tends to do that in my opinion.

If we're speaking metaphorically, the military operates much more like communism (the actual in practice authoritative kind) than other political philosophies. You've got a command structure, people are assigned jobs, and they do those jobs to the best of their ability usually for no reward but to the benefit of the whole.

That's completely false. The vast majority 'live' off-base among the communities they serve. Bases have minor amenities; you get necessities and some recreation. The vast majority live their lives off base unless they are in a war zone.

I don't know a single right-leaning veteran who comes out of the military as a leftist, and I know hundreds - that's complete crap. The opposite of your statement tends to happen. The military is everything most leftists tend to avoid like the plague. And yes, it's authoritative as expected when you sign the dotted line for however many years you want -- and the best life experience you can get paid to do if you can handle it.

Sorry. I thought we were talking about those who had went to war not just anyone in the military or on peaceful overseas bases. But even then I'd say they still somewhat removed from the culture of the area they're in. Sure they're exposed to it and I even touched on that in my reply. But it doesn't make the statement that "they live in their own world" incorrect. War zone or not being foreign military hosted in a country is not like being a citizen of that country.

For young war vets, I know 6 of them and 2 are pretty close friends. Like I said, they came back less "conservative". It's hard to pinpoint because it of course depends on the way we use terms like "left" "right" "conservative" "liberal" "libertarian" whatever. But in my opinion they left with opinions like, "Rah war yeah! Turn it into a glass pit! Republicans yeah!" but returned much more tempered and frequently against what are usually conservative staples. They came back having made friends with the Muslims they were training and questioning why we're there in the first place. It's probably more accurate to say they became independents than "leftists". You said "leftists" I simply said "lefter".

But sorry I'm rambling about anecdotal stuff. You've got some message to rant about, I'll let you get back to it.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2014, 21:52.

21. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 24, 2014, 19:28 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 18:51:
Scheherazade wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:37:
Axis wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:32:
Scheherazade wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:24:
Axis wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:09:
So many of you liberals have absolutely no idea what you ask for, cause you have no idea what it's like outside your basement and lofty ideals. Go join the forces, do something for our country, experience the world, and come back wise.

The forces don't go elsewhere and make a living for themselves in a different culture.

Their time is paid for by the government/state. (Government employment : Pretty much the most leftist occupation you can have)
They don't have to experience life in other places.
They live on bases, in a different world than the nation they're located in.

-scheherazade

Spoken like a basement liberal.

Libertarian, actually.
That's right of center, FYI.

-scheherazade

Well then a basement libertarian, but certainly not one who has experienced the military overseas. I am a libertarian who served overseas and I certainly wouldn't have made those comments due to my views and world experience. The military has historically been on the right for many good reasons - most of which they are responsible people doing responsible work and have a profound love for their country they serve. Quite the opposite of much spin you hear from the liberal core... : )

I think his point was more that they live in their own unique "world". That's undeniably true.

My own anecdotal evidence would say that people I went to school with who went to war came back "lefter" than they left. That includes independent or completely disenchanted as well. But many of them went in strongly conservative. Exposure to cultures (good and bad aspects) other than your own tends to do that in my opinion.

If we're speaking metaphorically, the military operates much more like communism (the actual in practice authoritative kind) than other political philosophies. You've got a command structure, people are assigned jobs, and they do those jobs to the best of their ability usually for no reward but to the benefit of the whole.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2014, 13:06 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 11:49:
with additional fees for high traffic websites like Amazon.

That wouldn't be net neutrality then.

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
55. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 24, 2014, 12:30 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 09:00:
What's in a Name: Gearbox Software

Hah, I had never heard this one.
What a crazy fucker.

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
34. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 17:14 Sepharo

Two very scuzzy developers duking it out.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2014, 16:52 Sepharo

I'm going to make a list of things I need to do and then I'm going to sit at my computer browsing the web and playing the occasional game. Maybe even bust out the work laptop, remote in, and then alt-tab back to the gaming desktop.  

News Comments > Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded
27. Re: Schafer Confirms Broken Age Act 2 Funded Feb 22, 2014, 16:49 Sepharo

Do not engage "* is not a game" trolls.  

6555 Comments. 328 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo