Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6473 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
20. Re: etc. Jan 5, 2014, 15:04 Sepharo

Eh "BUT PC GAMING IS DEAD" is an on-going joke. Some of its humor comes from its repetition. It's like the classic "Is this the patch that makes the game fun?"  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2014, 20:07 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 20:05:
Effing wow! That just boggles the mind how KC lost that game. From blowout, to good game, to losing it. Just wow.

I picked it up at the half... and like most of you I had selected the Colts. Right before I was going to turn it off I happened to catch the Colts first TD of the 2nd half and ended up watching the rest of that amazing comeback.

I'm watching it on Aereo since Comcast encrypted even local network channels now. I guess the FCC just recently gave them permission to do that, used to be required by law to provide "limited basic services" even for non-subscribers. So now they want me to get some DTA thing that's $10 a month equipment fee... Aereo is $8 and can be watched anywhere and is a cloud DVR. Obvious choice is obvious.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 4, 2014, 16:44 Sepharo

edit: nevermind it was covered  

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 4, 2014, 15:31 Sepharo

Wow hard to believe it's already been a charity for a decade now. Seems like yesterday.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jan 4, 2014, 15:15 Sepharo

Games owned: 351
Games not played: 246 (70%)
Hours spent: 1,977.2h
Account worth: $4501.04

That gives me anxiety.

But I am doing a little better than Prez despite barely playing my games (other than CS and Civ5).
Games not played: 834 (75%)

News Comments > On Sale (2)
35. Re: On Sale (2) Jan 4, 2014, 03:36 Sepharo

christheshitter wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 03:28:
But my nickname is permantly changed by a moderator. I guess he's thought he made todays good deed.

Unless Blue somehow has a script that goes through the old posts and changes the names on quoted text, your name wasn't changed.
Blue himself responded your very first post ever right here. Your name there was "christheshitter" as well.

Besides, Blue doesn't change people's names and if he did he certainly isn't the type of guy to change it to something like "christheshitter".

edit: By the way, what is your name supposed to be according to you?

News Comments > On Sale (2)
33. Re: On Sale (2) Jan 4, 2014, 03:23 Sepharo

christheshitter wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 03:13:
El Pit wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 09:41:
mag wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 09:30:
christheshitter wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 04:18:
The worst Steam sale ever. Crappy AAA titles for dumb downed people no thanks!

Did you miss all of the indie titles??

Ignore him. Read what he wrote, take a look at his nick, and you know - it's one of the lamest trolling attempts here at Blue's News EVER!

I guess you changed my nickname. And i did bought some indiegames Super Hexagon being the best deal but Steam seem to put the best sales on AAA-titles which is bad but good for them i guess.

While were at it just delete my account thanks!

It could've been sarcasm I guess, but nobody changed your name. Your first post here happened to be quoted and it was "christheshitter" back then too. For what it's worth I don't think you're a troll. You only had 7 posts and the 7th was the first dumb one.

edit: Ahh I see you edited and you're serious. El Pit is not Blue (the administrator of the site) and Blue did not change your name.

News Comments > New Year's Safety Dance
44. Re: New Year's Safety Dance Jan 3, 2014, 03:29 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 21:16:
Not thinking and not questioning is an even bigger insult to their memory because then you've let the real culprits get away with it. You really think some fucking semi-literate sheepherders orchestrated one of the greatest crimes of modern time in spite of the fact they were up against a global, multi-trillion dollar military/intellignce/law enforcement apparatus? Riiiiight. Yeah, don't question anything. Conform. Obey. Stop thinking. Just react. Yeah, that's the ticket. They did because they hate your freedoms. Just like shrub said. Yeah, that must be it.

You think 'thuthers' are bad? Well you guys are listening to and accepting the word of Bush and pals, so what does that make you? The biggest suckers alive.

Keep in mind folks that this guy is right about everything.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jan 3, 2014, 03:25 Sepharo

If anything GTA was one of the few that isn't an Easter Egg. UFOs/aliens are in the game, it's a subject and mission. Also what's difficult about flying through the sky and seeing a UFO in certain place at certain times. They even show more than one in the video. The BF4 one was more obscure (if you aren't seeing it on a site or an easter egg list) and it was one of the worser ones.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jan 1, 2014, 23:20 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 21:19:
10 Easter Eggs Hidden in the Games of 2013. Thanks Antů

Terrible.....GTA one was the only true Easter Egg.

How do you figure?
I thought most of them were pretty great.

News Comments > On Sniping in Titanfall
13. Re: On Sniping in Titanfall Jan 1, 2014, 02:38 Sepharo

harlock wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 02:31:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 20:37:
harlock wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 20:28:
you said you were "against such mechanics".. so i figured its worth mentioning that its for the sake of balance, not your personal preferences alone

so you already realize its obvious, but you are still against it and it pisses you off? thats what i dont understand

I can simultaneously dislike something and yet understand its purpose and even its necessity to a degree. Also there are different ways of implementing it. I'd prefer a delay between activating scope and actually looking down it, instead of seemingly having a clear and well aimed shot through the scope that misses because you shot too soon.

realistically you have to take a breath and hold it in to steady your muscles.. some games even have that sound effect but i cant remember which ones atm

and of course you can dislike a balancing mechanic if you are a whiny pansy ass omg j/k lol

but anyways... yeh think about it

In a few games you have to actually hold a key to hold your breath and steady your aim while scoped. BF3 is the most recent one I can think of.

27. Re: Best burgers of 2013 Dec 31, 2013, 20:50 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 14:55:
harlock wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 14:37:
Creston wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 12:52:
America,

That is why you're fat.

heh that site has been around for years, actually its not even really updated nearly as much as it used to - and i think it was sold off a good while ago.. because one day it stopped for a long while, there was crap in the wiki about some domestic abuse / police blotter crap on the creator.. ha just checked and thats gone now.. but anyways.. DRAMA!

DRAMA!!!

Still, about 90% of those burgers belong on that site. The only one that even looked good was the one with Jalapeno havarti and chipotle aioli. Hmmmm...

I was ready to disagree with you guys hating on those burgers... but after clicking the link, yeah that was the only one that looked/sounded good.

11. Re: On Sniping in Titanfall Dec 31, 2013, 20:37 Sepharo

harlock wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 20:28:
you said you were "against such mechanics".. so i figured its worth mentioning that its for the sake of balance, not your personal preferences alone

so you already realize its obvious, but you are still against it and it pisses you off? thats what i dont understand

I can simultaneously dislike something and yet understand its purpose and even its necessity to a degree. Also there are different ways of implementing it. I'd prefer a delay between activating scope and actually looking down it, instead of seemingly having a clear and well aimed shot through the scope that misses because you shot too soon.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2013, 19:32 Sepharo

nin wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 19:24:
Just got back from Wolf of Wall Street. One of the best films I've seen this year. Leo needs an oscar, Jonah Hill actually puts down the snark and acted for 3 hours (with surprisingly good results), and Rob Reiner steals some of the early scenes.

Also, there's a shitton of sex, nudity, and drug use. So it's never a dull moment.

Highly recommended!

I need to see that one.
Did you see American Hustle? I thought that was excellent.
I described it roughly as Goodfellas mixed with Burn After Reading.
Jennifer Lawrence is absurdly good at what she does for someone who seems to have come out of nowhere and Christian Bale, Amy Adams, and Bradley Cooper are great as well.
Louis C.K. needs to be in more movies too.

9. Re: On Sniping in Titanfall Dec 31, 2013, 15:44 Sepharo

harlock wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 14:46:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 13:50:
born2expire wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 12:32:
doesn't really apply to PC gamers as quickscoping requires autoaim.

Wat?

Quickscoping doesn't require auto aim. It's just quickly scoping and immediately firing for purposes of the added accuracy. To combat no scoping games make it so the sniper rifle is only accurate scoped, so people scope and then immediately fire. To combat quick scoping the solution is to make the shot innaccurate for a fraction of a second after first scoping as well. This is why I'm against such mechanics. In CS:S I quickscope but I don't even realize I'm doing it, I'm just a fast shot. Try to pull the same in CS:GO and I miss every time because the game forces me to, I have to wait a beat even though I was ready earlier and that shit pisses me off.

its a balancing mechanic.. if every gun killed in one shot and scoped to 10x zoom, it wouldnt need to be in there

this should be obvious

It is obvious. My post had more to do with dispelling the idea that quickscoping only exists on consoles with autoaim.

I think that the initial scope inaccuracy is a few milliseconds too long on CS:GO but I do recognize its necessity. Even in CS:S you can no longer instantly scope and fire so that the crosshairs barely appear, but you can scope and fire without having to consciously wait a beat before doing so.

7. Re: On Sniping in Titanfall Dec 31, 2013, 13:50 Sepharo

born2expire wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 12:32:
doesn't really apply to PC gamers as quickscoping requires autoaim.

Wat?

Quickscoping doesn't require auto aim. It's just quickly scoping and immediately firing for purposes of the added accuracy. To combat no scoping games make it so the sniper rifle is only accurate scoped, so people scope and then immediately fire. To combat quick scoping the solution is to make the shot innaccurate for a fraction of a second after first scoping as well. This is why I'm against such mechanics. In CS:S I quickscope but I don't even realize I'm doing it, I'm just a fast shot. Try to pull the same in CS:GO and I miss every time because the game forces me to, I have to wait a beat even though I was ready earlier and that shit pisses me off.

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
72. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 31, 2013, 06:31 Sepharo

PC Gaming certainly died at retail. 2002-2004 working at Gamestop I watched PC games go from multiple walls, to a single wall, to a single shelf, and finally to a small shelf shared with console games from previous generations. Some stores didn't carry them at all. I haven't stepped into a Gamestop in nearly a decade so I don't know what they currently have but it doesn't matter since Steam thankfully took over that business.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2013, 20:18 Sepharo

I can't believe I ended the regular season only down 4 games.
Imagine what I could've done had I not picked the Lions every damn week.
Probably helped me in the first half of the season but killed me in the last.

edit: Oops I guess that was before they totaled up week 17. I'm actually down 6 games.

16. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 26, 2013, 23:37 Sepharo

Stanley Parable, Papers Please, and Antichamber.
Can't disagree there. All great games that I actually completed this year and I rarely complete anything. You might want to say that's because they're short games but according to Steam the breakdown like this for me:
Antichamber - 7 hours
Papers Please - 6 hours
Stanley Parable - 5 hours

And for comparison:
Blood Dragon - 30 minutes
Machine For Pigs - 2 hours
The Wolf Among Us - 45 minutes
And I liked those games too

News Comments > Festivus Metaverse
16. Re: Festivus Metaverse Dec 26, 2013, 00:34 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 23:05:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 15:00:
This whole "networks upload for free" thing I've seen mentioned twice now in this thread...

What networks are you guys talking about? The vast majority require you to log in with your cable subscription account.

You need to log in if you want to watch same day. If you're willing to wait 3-5 days, you can watch pretty much every show online on the networks' own websites, no login required.

That was what that whole strike from the writers' guild was about.

Damn I didn't realize that. I guess the few times I tried before were probably for live sports or something. I just assumed it was that way for the rest but now I see that fox actually has it spelled out right on the page.

1 DAY
Episodes are available 1 DAY after airdate to subscribers of participating TV providers.
8 DAYS
Episodes unlock 8 days after airdate
4 EPISODES
4 episodes of this show are available on FOX.com

6473 Comments. 324 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo