Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6835 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam & Dota 2 Records
19. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 21:12 Sepharo

Osc8r wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 16:47:
Want to see low skill ceiling games? Modern FPS and MMO's. But i guess it's just cool to hate MOBA's

Not that I agree with Suppa7... but now you're going the opposite direction and saying that (modern) FPS are low skill ceiling games? I think you must be confusing terms, FPS have a low barrier to entry, it's easy to hop in, learn the game relatively quickly, but the skill ceiling is very high. How's that saying go? Easy to become proficient but difficult to master... something like that.

MOBAs tend to have a high barrier to entry. There are specific strategies you need to know about if you ever hope to win a game or just simply not be yelled at by your team.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
60. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 16, 2015, 21:02 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 20:29:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 13:07:
Look, I don't generally have a problem with preorders. If people wanna preorder a great PC game like The Witcher 3, fine. It is well established that CDP does give two shits about PC gamers and they don't do any shady backroom exclusivity deals or withhold their games from PC gamers for no other reason than LA HOLY MOOLAH.

But arrogant assholes like Rockstar should not be rewarded for their treatment of PC gamers. It was pathetic how they went out of their way to avoid saying whether there would even be a PC version at all. They played PC gamers like a fat cat a wounded mouse. Their entire conduct was outright disgusting and now all they want from their precious GTA V is to cash in on PC gamers one last time.

All I'm saying is don't reward them with a preorder. Show'em some pride, some spine and some integrity. Show them you don't appreciate being sneered at. Don't bend over. That is all.

This makes no sense. GTAV is a known product, both the originals and enhanced edition. The PC version was even delayed ostensibly to get it right. Preordering is a pretty low risk.

Witcher 3 is a brand new game that hasn't even come out yet. Who knows if it's good or not. Or even optimized. Witcher 2 was buggy and unoptimized when it came out. Preordering this is more risky, IMO.

He hasn't posted any clue that he's aware of the enhanced edition. All indications are that he thinks this is the version that launched in September 2013 and not the one that just launched in November 2014 (plus more PC enhancements on top of that).

Also, I haven't pre-ordered this either but I'm likely going to buy it day 1. I guess I miss out on some slight discount.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
42. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 16, 2015, 01:37 Sepharo

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 00:53:
Why the fuck would people pre-ordering GTAV, a series with a very strong track record for excellent games (even if the IV port was shit), get your panties in such a bunch? Did rockstar defile you recently in some kind of way you'd like to talk about? Releasing the game a year later on PC really has you *that* shocked and disgusted? It's not like people are dumping money into some unknown early access title, its fucking GTAV. Get over it.

Everyone is responding to one troll who derailed this. Nobody but him has a problem with GTAV (at least in this thread).

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 14, 2015, 16:59 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 15:10:
Ungrateful pricks. It's a fucking free service! They don't even have to provide it. Jesus Christ, IF mankind survives for next few centuries historians will come to classify this period of history as the 'self-entitlement era'. Fucking honestly! Rolleyes

I hope not. "Self-entitlement" is some redundant nonsense. "Entitled" is fine.

Also, it looks like it peaked in 1999. But maybe there's an uptick in the missing data past 2008. http://goo.gl/28nTQU

edit: Though it does appear to be increasing in usage right or wrong.
http://goo.gl/5wc86z

This comment was edited on Feb 14, 2015, 17:09.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2015, 15:36 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 14:27:
probably alone in this, but anyone excited for nascar races tonight? i am super jacked.

Daytona already? Always seems weird when that comes on in the first half of February and I'm looking at a snow storm out my window.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2015, 09:20 Sepharo

Redmask wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 09:14:
Unblocked doesn't mean they aren't logging, be careful. I've seen more than a few people fired here because management started using SpectorCNE.

Oh I'd be gone a long time ago if that was the case. I figure they're just looking to give us a little more freedom. It was silly to block a specific category when you can waste time on a multitude of other sites.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
989. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 13, 2015, 23:02 Sepharo

Yay virtual science!
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104497

News Comments > Morning Interviews
41. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2015, 22:28 Sepharo

Necrophob wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 21:52:
the interviewer probably wouldn't have been so unprofessional hard hitting with someone with actual power in the industry.

It is sad to think that this kind of interview might not have happened had Peter been backed by EA or Activision.

987. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 13, 2015, 22:26 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 21:15:
Got within 600 yl when I finally identified it. It appears it is a series of black holes in the "NGC 7822 Nebula" -- it is a feature easily find-able in the galaxy map. But apparently there is a "gap" around the Nebula, I get "route unavailable" when attempting to get a route there.

Now you need to get closer for science.
Captain McConaughey did it, he ended up fine.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2015, 22:24 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 18:53:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 18:34:
Whoa.
Bluesnews isn't blocked for me at work anymore.

*angelic choir singing*

The five years when I worked at a PoS outfit that had blocked Blues for being "a videogames site" were really, really irritating.

Over the past few years the amount of unblocked sites has been increasing but "video games" like you said was always blocked... Either Blue's category in our blocking software changed or they finally unblocked video games, which would be odd.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
37. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2015, 19:23 Sepharo

I liked this quote:
"There have been many many times, many times in my career where I said things I shouldn't have said about acorns and oak trees and dogs and god knows what else. But I promise you John, I only said them because at that time I truly believed them."

He is self aware. He knows the reputation he has. I think it's important that the press calls him on these things, and I'm glad that he takes the time to respond to them. I don't really see anything wrong with this interview from the interviewer or interviewee.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2015, 18:34 Sepharo

Whoa.
Bluesnews isn't blocked for me at work anymore.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 13, 2015, 02:29 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 00:39:
What landlord even supports that nowadays? (Honest question.. is that a thing in the USA? Here you can not pay your rent with a check)

At my apartment complex you absolutely have to pay with a check. You have to physically put it in a dropbox and your envelope has to include a payment slip they provide you with.

It's not like it's a small operation either. It's the biggest apartment complex in the 11th largest city in the state.

I think they just have no reason to ever improve anything since they're in such a desirable location and have endless demand.

News Comments > Vietnam '65 Next Month
16. Re: Vietnam '65 Next Month Feb 11, 2015, 18:05 Sepharo

Prolonged war has a way of producing ruthless psychopaths on both sides of the conflict.

If you want to go back far enough, just keep France out of there from the beginning. Catholic missionaries in Vietnam around in the 1770's requested French military support for a civil war. That entrenched French interests and eventually made Vietnam a colony over hundreds of years. Fast forward to the end of WW2 and you've got various groups fighting for independence from France, eventually that coalition is dominated by communists. China throws in their support eventually. By the time the war is really cooking for us in the late sixties and seventies you've got Vietnamese who've been fighting a guerrilla war for decades... they are some cold brutal fuckers at that point.

News Comments > Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises
39. Re: Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises Feb 11, 2015, 16:40 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 13:24:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 03:51:
Well Broken Age was on Kickstarter, and so was Massive Chalice, but not Space Base DF-9. I'm not familiar with all the details about SBDF9 but I know that the team working on it was different from the Broken Age team. And I don't think the funds raised for those two games were used on Broken Age.

Right, DF9 was on Early Access not KS, but EA is also a type of crowdfunding. And just like Godus, Schafer walked away from DF9 while it was half done, just like Molyneux is doing with Godus.

I was addressing your comment about a second kickstarter: " he increased scope the point where he couldn't finish it with the budget he was allotted and had to do a second KS."

25. Re: Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises Feb 11, 2015, 03:51 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 03:05:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 02:31:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 22:08:
First Shafer, now Molyneux. In addition to Steam Early Access, Kickstarter too should think about a "Half now, half when you finish" crowdfunding model to prevent shit like people walking away from their obligations.

Unlike most failed kickstarters, Molyneux actually has things of value. I wonder if people will go after him for reneging on the KS.

Tim Schafer is destroying his company (and filming it) just to deliver even more game than he promised. He's the opposite of Molyneux here.
I'm referring to Space Base DF-9, which he walked away from half delivered. You're probably referring to Broken Age, but that has similar issues: he increased scope the point where he couldn't finish it with the budget he was allotted and had to do a second KS.

Well Broken Age was on Kickstarter, and so was Massive Chalice, but not Space Base DF-9. I'm not familiar with all the details about SBDF9 but I know that the team working on it was different from the Broken Age team. And I don't think the funds raised for those two games were used on Broken Age.

21. Re: Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises Feb 11, 2015, 02:31 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 22:08:
First Shafer, now Molyneux. In addition to Steam Early Access, Kickstarter too should think about a "Half now, half when you finish" crowdfunding model to prevent shit like people walking away from their obligations.

Unlike most failed kickstarters, Molyneux actually has things of value. I wonder if people will go after him for reneging on the KS.

Tim Schafer is destroying his company (and filming it) just to deliver even more game than he promised. He's the opposite of Molyneux here.

20. Re: Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises Feb 11, 2015, 02:29 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 23:41:
Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 23:01:
You guys really need to shut up and learn some law because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and what constitutes a contract and what constitutes fraud. Stick to what you know, which isn't this.

This is the first time I've ever seen Cutter say something isn't fraud. He's so loose with the term I think he claims people that exaggerate the size of the fish they almost caught should be sued for fraud.

No he's saying it is fraud. Read the previous post.

News Comments > etc., etc.
105. Re: etc., etc. Feb 11, 2015, 02:22 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 19:56:
Beamer wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 18:59:
Seriously, though, nearly every college with a liberal arts school has a course about feminism and film. You can read parts of MITs via their OpenCourse thing.

How is one person criticizing games disproportionate when film has hundreds of college courses?

C'mon Beamer, we all know that college "film" courses are just an excuse to get an easy "A" while watching movies all semester.

As someone who took all of those classes I can tell you they're not easy A's. I mean, they were easy for me because I remember anything I like and I like films... but most of the people in those classes failed hard, probably because of the same myth that you mentioned initially lured them in

I want to go back to school simply to listen to crazy film professors ramble again.

886. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Feb 7, 2015, 03:07 Sepharo

You guys made it to #1. Party2
For the first time since 2001 the most posted in thread is about games.

6835 Comments. 342 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo