Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6786 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mafia III News Soon?
8. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 23:10 Sepharo

To be honest I'd be okay with something like Mafia 2 again. I don't need it to be at GTA's level, just a good story, setting, and characters like the last two and I'll be happy.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
17. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2015, 02:11 Sepharo

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 22:49:
Hands down the best modem right now is the Motorola SB6141. DOCSIS 3.0, works with Comcast's fastest tiers, and none of that annoying, redundant built-in wifi bullshit. That's what your Asus RT-AC66U router is for. XD I wouldn't rent jack shit from Comcast.

I bought this modem based on your and Batman's advice.
I hooked it up and all the "lights" came on but it didn't work but then I remembered that I probably needed to activate it with Comcast.

I called and went through all the menus and then gave all the information (very clearly and with B-as-in-boy and all) to the "customer account executive" but it didn't work. Went through all the usual bullshit and then finally got "transferred" to the "activation department" where upon I listened to some hold music for a few minutes and then was hung-up on.

So I called back and went through the whole process again and was connected to a second "customer account executive" I once again gave him my phone number, address, last 4 SSN, the serial number, mac address... I was put on hold again while the modem was activated, he came back and once again it didn't work. We did the power cycling bullshit for a while again and then he also "transferred" me to the "activation department" where once again I was shortly hung-up on.

So I called back again, did the whole phone button pushing shebang and spoke to a third monkey giving him all my info for an 6th time (since each time I have to put it in the phone and then repeat it again to the "person"). I decided this time I would be resigned to not getting my new modem working and switched back to the old one. "How many modems are listed on my account?" "Just the one sir." "Okay we'll need to add my old modem back because at this point I just want to have the internet tonight." We do the whole activation process of reading 30+ digit S/N and a mac address over the phone... NOW THIS MODEM WON'T RESPOND TO COMCAST DIAGNOSTIC SIGNALS. We spend a lot of time troubleshooting but this guy gives up... his disconnect scheme was a little different because he admitted the "activation department" was closed. He said I needed to contact my "local officer" I asked him for the number and he gave me 800-266-2278 (THAT'S 1-800-COMCAST THE FUCKING NUMBER I JUST CALLED).

Despite failing 3 times already I was convinced that this was possible and reluctantly called back a 4th time. Besides the automated phone section and the initial account info I skipped all the troubleshooting bullshit and plainly asked, "How many modems are listed on my account? And what are their model numbers?" "Just one sir, SB6141"
*THAT'S THE NEW MODEM, THE LAST GUY TOOK ALL THE INFO FOR THE OLD MODEM AND APPARENTLY JUST STRAIGHT
UP LIED ABOUT ENTERING IT*
"Let's try something else, could you please read me the mac address you have for the modem on my account?" She read it back and it was wrong in 2 places.
*THE PREVIOUS MONKEYS READ THIS BACK TO ME CORRECTLY BUT APPARENTLY HAD IT ENTERED INCORRECTLY*
So we sort out all the information and lo-and-behold I can finally visit bluesnews.com again. I profusely thanked her and explained how out of 4 "customer account executives" she was the only one who could take numbers and letters over the phone, read them back correctly, and enter them into a computer... AKA THEIR FUCKING JOB.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 5, 2015, 23:30 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 12:17:
It doesn't make him any less right. Anyone who thinks VR - in it's current form at any rate - is going to change everything should talk to me about buying a bridge I own in Brooklyn. I can give you a really good deal on it. They are just way too big and cumbersome to become a regular thing, along with myriad other problems like resolution, motion sickness, etc.

The resolution and motion sickness part has been fixed already. How small do you need the unit to be before you're okay with it? The size is going to be greatly reduced in the next few years in my estimation.

News Comments > Devolver Asks About Seaman Remake
7. Re: Devolver Asks About Seaman Remake Jan 5, 2015, 23:26 Sepharo

I would pay for even the existing Seaman game on mobile.
Talking to a fish with a man's face aside... Has there ever been a realistic aquarium game with a story and progression before? Managing the tank temperature and feeding the "evolving" fish creature would be a lot easier on a tablet instead of booting up a console each time.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2015, 16:35 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 15:15:
Got my picks in there Blue. LETS DO IT!

Thought I'd be the only one with Detroit. But then as I scroll, at the very bottom, there you are

I have no idea how to make my picks. I click edit picks and it shows me a diagram but nothing is interactive. Hmm.

Edit: Oh shit, I think the first game started the minute as I was signing up. Now I must be locked out.

Lions
Cardinals
Ravens
Bengals
===
Seahawks
Packers
Patriots
Broncos
===
Packers
Patriots
===
Patriots

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 2015, 17:40.

15. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Jan 2, 2015, 03:05 Sepharo

Kxmode wrote on Jan 2, 2015, 02:51:
Everyone was trying to predict what "Titan" was from Blizzard's 10K filing. On March 4, 2010 I predicted the following on BluesNews...

You're thinking too small. Look at the larger picture. What multiplayer genre is hot right now? First-person shooters. It also happens to be an untapped genre within the MMO sphere. Iím not discrediting Planetside, Global Agenda, and trivial Asian titles but I am saying thereís no one game pulling people like WOW does. Blizzard has never made a FPS title. I think they're ready to branch out into new ground both literally and figuratively. I believe Blizzard's Nextgen MMO will be a FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER.

Mark today's date! You heard it from me first. Just wait...

Over 4 years later Blizzard releases a trailer for Overwatch; a multiplayer FPS. While Overwatch is not an MMO as I had predicted this article clearly shows that Blizzard's cancelled MMO Titan eventually became Overwatch.

This is the second time I've predicted correctly Blizzard releases. The first was Wrath of the Lich King a few days after TBC was released. Although I believe at the time I called it World of Warcraft: Northrend.

To all the naysayers who didn't believe me when I predicted Titan as a FPS MMO and Wrath of the Lich King: you can go suck it. That's 2 correct Blizzard predictions.

Haha badass man. Haven't seen you in a long time either, Welcome back.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Server "Strike" Plans
23. Re: Battlefield 4 Server Jan 1, 2015, 17:42 Sepharo

Endo wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 17:33:
I can't begin to express how much I hate matchmakers. It takes away all your choices from you. It destroys any sense of community. With dedicated servers, you can control who you play with, what game options you play with, etc. etc. There's just no comparison.

I really like what Valve did with CS:GO. They just said, "why not both?" and left the community servers in with the matchmaking. What's so hard about this for everyone else? The majority are still going to use the official experience, let the rest play their own games and maybe they'll make up a new mode or something for you to exploit, like GunGame -> ArmsRace or DoTA -> the entire moba genre.

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 1, 2015, 15:26 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 12:37:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 02:08:
Comcast keeps sending me letters that say I need to switch to their new modem to unlock the best speeds. Nah, I'm cool with this 30 Mbps, you guys seem a little too eager to get me to switch and therefore it's probably bad for me in some way.

You mean Docis 3? Well, that depends on what you are paying for. I had a 2.0 a couple years ago, and called them (Comcast) and asked why I was getting the speeds I was paying for (didn't know why, didn't do any research) they said I needed a new modem.

I went and got the new one from them, but they didn't feel the need to credit me for not notifying me of the upgrade needed to get better speeds.

They are a Monopoly here in Minneapolis. Sucks.

I dunno, when I look up Docsis I don't see anything about being limited to 30Mbps so I assume that's Comcast limiting me not my cable modem. I think they just want me to switch so they can give me that share WiFi with everyone modem since I'm in an apartment complex.

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 1, 2015, 02:08 Sepharo

Comcast keeps sending me letters that say I need to switch to their new modem to unlock the best speeds. Nah, I'm cool with this 30 Mbps, you guys seem a little too eager to get me to switch and therefore it's probably bad for me in some way.  

23. Re: Researchers: We can detect life on other worlds through its [sic] vibrations Dec 31, 2014, 02:48 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 02:32:
In the end this isn't so much about grammar as it is about the meaning that the correct grammar implies. Although I don't think blues had that in mind.

To me, the only logically correct way to say what the article *means* is if you say that you can measure life through a worlds vibration.

Sounds like you're still not getting it... We can detect life on other worlds through life's vibrations.

Also, though not the meaning of the article, shouldn't your bolded word be world's ?

News Comments > QUAKE on an Oscilloscope
15. Re: QUAKE on an Oscilloscope Dec 30, 2014, 18:39 Sepharo

Quboid wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 09:18:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 30, 2014, 02:18:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 29, 2014, 19:57:
I love how the comments on that turned into a retarded slap fight between youtubers and redditors.

Use the Chrome extension Hide Fedora, you won't regret it.

What does it do? "those annoying le reddit, fedora, m'lady type of comments on YouTube should be removed" - what does that mean? Does it hide YouTube comments based on key words? Does it hide comments based on the user's own criteria? Is it just a way of pretending people you disagree with don't exist?

Yeah a ban list is maintained of all the Le Reddit Army posters. Some of them are funny at times but it's been the same shtick for over a year and it tends to crowd out anything original and/or on topic.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
352. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 30, 2014, 18:36 Sepharo

With this post you guys have entered the Top 10 most commented threads on Bluesnews. Goodbye Deus Ex Invisible War Demo  

News Comments > QUAKE on an Oscilloscope
9. Re: QUAKE on an Oscilloscope Dec 30, 2014, 02:18 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 29, 2014, 19:57:
I love how the comments on that turned into a retarded slap fight between youtubers and redditors.

Use the Chrome extension Hide Fedora, you won't regret it.

News Comments > The Repopulation Early Access
2. Re: The Repopulation Early Access Dec 23, 2014, 03:58 Sepharo

Does the announcer in that video say "gameplay wrinkles" ?
What's dat?

News Comments > Sims 4 Game Pack Next Month
4. Re: Sims 4 Game Pack Next Month Dec 22, 2014, 03:25 Sepharo

Dev wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 03:22:
Soooo, a pack is DLC?

Maybe it's inbetween an expansion pack and DLC.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 22, 2014, 00:33 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 17:15:
Don't see the problem with this? It's just another way to commit a sting operation. If you're a criminal stupid enough to confess to criminal wrongdoing on social media you deserve to get busted.

Agreed. If anything this is less invasive/entrapment than in person undercover operations because everyone knows that everything online is fake.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
7. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 21, 2014, 20:23 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 19:35:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 18:52:
Axis wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 09:33:
There we go again more lame lipservice from Obama pushing his "regulation" mandates pretending to poo poo Sony for pulling the movie due to possible terrorist attacks -- while knowing full well he'd pull a "Benghazi" on Sony.

He'd blame them fully if they showed the film and some type of attack happened - just like he blamed some stupid silly movie for the very serious 9/11 Benghazi attack.

Now we all know it shouldn't have been pulled, but I'd be willing to bet Sony is a million times more bothered with Obama proven cowardice and likely response than any type of attack if it happened to happen, and they'd be demonized just like the poor little movie guy from before...

It's weird that you can't distinguish between a president criticizing self-censorship in the face of terrorist threats and a CIA assessment that a film influenced worldwide U.S. embassy protests. Had they gone through with releasing the comedy, in the extremely improbable event that NK launched an attack on us, I very much doubt that Sony would be a topic the president would be discussing between military response plans.

What's weird is that you can't distinguish between fact and fiction of the subject. But that's not my job, I'm just pointing out that Obama is a finger pointer who plays the blame game, and most often is far misguided on who he should be pointing at.

What's the fictional part? There weren't worldwide U.S. embassy protests in reaction to the film?

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 21, 2014, 18:52 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 09:33:
There we go again more lame lipservice from Obama pushing his "regulation" mandates pretending to poo poo Sony for pulling the movie due to possible terrorist attacks -- while knowing full well he'd pull a "Benghazi" on Sony.

He'd blame them fully if they showed the film and some type of attack happened - just like he blamed some stupid silly movie for the very serious 9/11 Benghazi attack.

Now we all know it shouldn't have been pulled, but I'd be willing to bet Sony is a million times more bothered with Obama proven cowardice and likely response than any type of attack if it happened to happen, and they'd be demonized just like the poor little movie guy from before...

It's weird that you can't distinguish between a president criticizing self-censorship in the face of terrorist threats and a CIA assessment that a film influenced worldwide U.S. embassy protests. Had they gone through with releasing the comedy, in the extremely improbable event that NK launched an attack on us, I very much doubt that Sony would be a topic the president would be discussing between military response plans.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2014, 18:59.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
23. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 21, 2014, 16:37 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 09:35:
I was talking to beamer, not you Sepharo -- you just got in the quote as he quoted you - you know how the quotes work right?

You specifically addressed it to both of us.
Do you read your own posts or just write them?

Edit: Hahah oops. Mea culpa. It was "you lack both" not "you both lack". I apologize. I guess it's time I take my own reading comprehension class.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
19. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 20, 2014, 22:24 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 22:17:
Beamer wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 21:17:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 21:01:
Life for you must be stressful and full of anxiety constantly wringing your hands over how Obama is ruining the world.

I just can't believe it's almost 2015 and someone is still discussing Benghazi. Even the GOP has admitted there was no wrongdoing there.

Context and Comprehension, you lack both and prove it with damn near every single reply. Do you ever put any effort in thinking about what you say before saying it?

Krowen said Obama "got it right" by poopooing Sony's decision to pull the movie due to the "terrorists" winning type of precedent. I stated Obama would be the first to blame them had they not and something happened. I used Benghazi as the example because that's exactly what he did, he blamed an innocent stupid film for the attacks, he acts cowardly.

See? Context. Comprehension.

I need Context? I was responding to the part of your post you didn't restate.

Axis wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 20:32:
While the apologists at large are playing politics to try to make Obama seem something he is not, the world deepens in shit, smoke, and mirrors.

The US is not leading, and the world is fucked - that's the truth of it.

The pantshitting there is amazing.

6786 Comments. 340 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo