Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6833 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
13. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 22, 2015, 04:23 Sepharo

beremot wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 04:21:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 04:19:
beremot wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 04:15:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 04:08:
beremot wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 03:19:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 02:52:
-How do you know if someone doesn't have a facebook page?

-Just wait a few minutes and they'll tell you.

This is a thread about facebook, genius. If it was about the latest kickstarter release, no one would be talking about facebook.

- How do you know if someone has a facebook page?

- They're the type of person that just blindly does whatever the fuck they think everyone else is doing.

I don't even have email. That shit is for sheeple.

Oh, you're a real "rebel," Sepharo.

Since this is obviously a very sensitive subject for you, I tell you what. I promise not to put down facebook, or people who like facebook, ever again, okay?

Do you feel better now?

My sensitive subject?

That's what I said. Are you blind as well as dumb?

Well I told two jokes and your response was to call me a genius and a rebel and write a bunch of other words (and later significantly edit the tone of some). Seems more of a sensitive topic for you than me. Let's continue. You're up again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 22, 2015, 04:19 Sepharo

beremot wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 04:15:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 04:08:

This is a thread about facebook, genius. If it was about the latest kickstarter release, no one would be talking about facebook.

- They're the type of person that just blindly does whatever the fuck they think everyone else is doing.

Oh, you're a real "rebel," Sepharo.

Since this is obviously a very sensitive subject for you, I tell you what. I promise not to put down facebook, or people who like facebook, ever again, okay?

Do you feel better now?

My sensitive subject?

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 22, 2015, 04:08 Sepharo

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 22, 2015, 02:52 Sepharo

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 20, 2015, 22:15 Sepharo

It's a wonder you have a computer.  

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
87. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 20, 2015, 16:51 Sepharo

Quboid wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 12:11:
NetHead wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:37:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 19:29:
Quboid wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 19:18:
Let me guess, it's a 900%* increase.

* In a very specific case which isn't remotely representative.

Most likely, but lets hope it is true as the 1440P Oculus is going to need some nuts to run it.

I'm not sure Quboid's guessing is really required. Just like Mantle allows over 10 times more draw calls, it doesn't mean games or hardware are suddenly going to be even 2 times as fast in general. Actually looking at 10 times and 900% I wouldn't be surprised if this Brad is just talking about draw calls and being a click-baiting tuckfard for attention.

This is probably all the Mantle stuff all over again, been there done that etc, also we won't be specific about the claims since people will just reply "already been done".

Anyone who hopes, nevermind believes, that going from one API to the next version is going to improve overall performance by any factor is, well I don't really want to say rude things right now.

The only graphics API news I'm remotely interested in is seeing why they're making a noise about the new OpenGL, or it's replacement or whatever (yes I'm trying hard not to use the word "Next", oh dammit)

True. Re-reading the tweet, it looks like he is referring to a specific case and didn't mean to imply anything else.

It's amazing how many people in these comments missed that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2015, 16:50 Sepharo

Since I was talking about them yesterday...
Here's Dempsey and Marci:
http://i.imgur.com/JZiMGzgl.jpg

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Into the Black Feb 20, 2015, 04:27 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 04:15:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 03:54:
I think we'll be just fine.
History backs me up.

Just fine? If by that you mean that humanity will survive, you are probably correct. I wouldn't call it 'just fine' though. I doubt that people in Syria and Iraq are doing 'just fine'. I doubt that the people in Ukraine are doing all that great. We never learn from history, we are colossal fuck-ups. Its not, just fine.

No I was replying your post about decaying culture and devolving species. Neither of which are true.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Into the Black Feb 20, 2015, 03:54 Sepharo

I think we'll be just fine.
History backs me up.

News Comments > Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux
19. Re: Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux Feb 19, 2015, 18:35 Sepharo

saluk wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 18:30:
Tim and Moly are similar in many ways, and in a sense, share the same basic failing. They are both highly creative, artistic people, with very little to buffer them. The kinds of things Peter says are the kinds of things I say to myself when I'm planning a novel or working on one of my own games. "Wow, this puzzle game is great, but maybe it would be better with a crafting system?" "Oh man, what if this character is actually the main character from the future who has come back but he is hiding his identity?" You kind of HAVE to go to this crazy space where anything can happen, it's just what comes natural.

At some point you either get lucky, or have enough other forces working as a project goes on to keep you grounded. With both Godus and Broken Age, the projects were public far too soon in the dev process, while things are still in the "anything can happen!" phase of creation. And not enough was done to ground them.

It's weird how people talk about Broken Age like it's some unfulfilled game. It has everything and more that they promised the only hitch was that they released it in two parts. I'm definitely looking forward to part 2 because it's longer and more difficult and part 1 was already very good.

45. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 15:38 Sepharo

Blue wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 15:27:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 15:09:
Blue wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 08:49:
1badmf wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 02:02:
out of idle curiosity, what's a largish breed that's basically a lazy bum and is otherwise low maintenace (low shedding, no slobbering, etc).

You sound like a possible candidate for a rescue Greyhound. They are apparently quite content to be couch potatoes after all the athletics.

I'm not sure if the Boxer recommendation was a joke, but to my experience they are pretty crazy.

They're energetic within their own space. They're family guard dogs so they're gentle with children and other pets. But they're a large breed that doesn't shed (well not like a long hair dog sheds) or slobber and they spend most of the day loafing about.

Here are some videos, showing their restrained energy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTJqwXYrPP8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmeoNRJOGBo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5qlBn-nNIc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

I've got no personal experience from which to draw, I'm just going by what's said about the breed. A lot of what you describe sounds right, I'm just not sure that it's "basically a lazy bum."

Boxers are a bright, energetic and playful breed and tend to be very good with children.[4] They are patient and spirited with children but also protective, making them a popular choice for families.[4] They are active, strong dogs and require adequate exercise to prevent boredom-associated behaviors such as chewing, digging, or licking. Boxers have earned a slight reputation of being "headstrong," which can be related to inappropriate obedience training.

Like Creston said, you take them for a walk (or throw a ball down the steps 20 times) and they sleep for 6 hours

Also I've seen them burn energy running laps in the backyard and come in drink some water and take a nap. My family has always had boxers, and most of the time two at once. Can't speak for all boxers but the ones I know aren't barkers, shedders, droolers, they don't harass your guests, sleep like 75% of the day. Every now and then I think about getting a different breed but then I feel like I'd miss out on the Boxer quirks and that face

42. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 15:09 Sepharo

Blue wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 08:49:
out of idle curiosity, what's a largish breed that's basically a lazy bum and is otherwise low maintenace (low shedding, no slobbering, etc).

You sound like a possible candidate for a rescue Greyhound. They are apparently quite content to be couch potatoes after all the athletics.

I'm not sure if the Boxer recommendation was a joke, but to my experience they are pretty crazy.

They're energetic within their own space. They're family guard dogs so they're gentle with children and other pets. But they're a large breed that doesn't shed (well not like a long hair dog sheds) or slobber and they spend most of the day loafing about.

Here are some videos, showing their restrained energy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTJqwXYrPP8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmeoNRJOGBo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5qlBn-nNIc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

44. Re: Into the Black Feb 19, 2015, 02:24 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 02:20:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 02:00:
Well, some of us are older. We remember back when PC video games were more about making something awesome to share than making mega bucks. Sure, iD wanted to make money to pay themselves, but Wolfenstien and Doom and shit were made to be awesome for people to play with the benefit of making money.

Now? Games are made to make millions, and we just pray there's some fun in there somewhere.

It's human nature. Motion pictures, video games - all art is eventually co-opted by corporations for the express purpose of making them money. It's why a lot of first time film makers have these great films that inspire us and then they are zombified by the Hollywood machine and come up with shit for ever after.

This is such garbage and you know it.

You remind me of baby boomers who say that everything was better back in the 1950's. you're remembering a world that never existed, you're deluded with a combination of rose-lensed nostalgia glasses, and intense hatred for everything currently in front of you. maybe you always wanted to become a fireman or a policeman, and you didn't, you rue and lament your list life, and of simpler times. As now all you're qualified to do is manufacture hyperbole on message boards.

"Do you remember the time when people didn't work for money?"
*projectile vomit*

Your recent discovery of the shift key has done wonders for your posts. Keep working towards that 100% compliance. Also I was with you until you got to the personal insults / career hopes speculation.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 02:03 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 21:32:
You are right, Nin. WAY too many people get pets without any thought into what effort will be required to care for the pet.

Dogs are cool, but I have no desire to "clean up" after one of them. Not too mention the issue with them needing to go out when there's snow on the ground and/or its zero degrees out.

That's a Boxer

30. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2015, 22:37 Sepharo

Tim Schafer put out an update on YouTube today to announce that Broken Age part 2 is in beta now. The video ends with a comment on Peter Moleyneux

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnY0TdkXZwI

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 18, 2015, 20:17 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 19:58:
Amazon orders full season of Philip K. Dick’s Man in the High Castle. I'm interested to see this. The premise is interesting and I heard that the pilot was good.

Yesss! You should watch the pilot it's gud.

14. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 18, 2015, 20:08 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 19:36:
I mean, this is Brad Wardell, he has no reason to pander to Microsoft.

I don't think he's pandering to them either but to say he has "no reason" is kind of silly.
The guy built the significant portion of his fortune and company customizing Windows. Everytime Microsoft releases a new operating system it's a new payday for Stardock

News Comments > Steam & Dota 2 Records
24. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 23:10 Sepharo

Osc8r wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 21:26:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 21:12:
Osc8r wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 16:47:
Want to see low skill ceiling games? Modern FPS and MMO's. But i guess it's just cool to hate MOBA's

Not that I agree with Suppa7... but now you're going the opposite direction and saying that (modern) FPS are low skill ceiling games? I think you must be confusing terms, FPS have a low barrier to entry, it's easy to hop in, learn the game relatively quickly, but the skill ceiling is very high. How's that saying go? Easy to become proficient but difficult to master... something like that.

MOBAs tend to have a high barrier to entry. There are specific strategies you need to know about if you ever hope to win a game or just simply not be yelled at by your team.

Skill ceiling really high? FPS are about reflexes mostly - now compare the pace of modern MMO's with Quake. Modern FPS's in general are garbage, designed for console kiddies with aim assist, and where multiplayer is an afterthought to the linear singleplayer campaign, cutscenes, and marketing.

Watch Dendi play dota, the game simply has way more complexity and thought process than any FPS game could ever dream of, plus it also requires amazing reflexes to boot.

Wonder why the top 100 e-sport earners are pretty much all MOBA or RTS players and not FPS'ers? And why 9 out the top 10 earners are from dota 2 and not CS? Nope, neither do i cause it's pretty damn obvious.

Only on bluesnews are MOBA considered 'easy mode' games.

Hey way to miss the point of my post. I didn't say anything about reflex or skill involved in MOBA. If anything I agree with you by saying that MOBA has a high-barrier to entry.

EDIT: Oops I forgot to include: WHARGLBARGHL MY GAME IS BETTER RAH RAH

News Comments > Steam & Dota 2 Records
19. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 21:12 Sepharo

Osc8r wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 16:47:
Want to see low skill ceiling games? Modern FPS and MMO's. But i guess it's just cool to hate MOBA's

Not that I agree with Suppa7... but now you're going the opposite direction and saying that (modern) FPS are low skill ceiling games? I think you must be confusing terms, FPS have a low barrier to entry, it's easy to hop in, learn the game relatively quickly, but the skill ceiling is very high. How's that saying go? Easy to become proficient but difficult to master... something like that.

MOBAs tend to have a high barrier to entry. There are specific strategies you need to know about if you ever hope to win a game or just simply not be yelled at by your team.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
60. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 16, 2015, 21:02 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 20:29:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 13:07:
Look, I don't generally have a problem with preorders. If people wanna preorder a great PC game like The Witcher 3, fine. It is well established that CDP does give two shits about PC gamers and they don't do any shady backroom exclusivity deals or withhold their games from PC gamers for no other reason than LA HOLY MOOLAH.

But arrogant assholes like Rockstar should not be rewarded for their treatment of PC gamers. It was pathetic how they went out of their way to avoid saying whether there would even be a PC version at all. They played PC gamers like a fat cat a wounded mouse. Their entire conduct was outright disgusting and now all they want from their precious GTA V is to cash in on PC gamers one last time.

All I'm saying is don't reward them with a preorder. Show'em some pride, some spine and some integrity. Show them you don't appreciate being sneered at. Don't bend over. That is all.

This makes no sense. GTAV is a known product, both the originals and enhanced edition. The PC version was even delayed ostensibly to get it right. Preordering is a pretty low risk.

Witcher 3 is a brand new game that hasn't even come out yet. Who knows if it's good or not. Or even optimized. Witcher 2 was buggy and unoptimized when it came out. Preordering this is more risky, IMO.

He hasn't posted any clue that he's aware of the enhanced edition. All indications are that he thinks this is the version that launched in September 2013 and not the one that just launched in November 2014 (plus more PC enhancements on top of that).

Also, I haven't pre-ordered this either but I'm likely going to buy it day 1. I guess I miss out on some slight discount.

6833 Comments. 342 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo