Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6961 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Trailer
13. Re: Dirty Bomb Trailer Jun 20, 2015, 16:52 Sepharo

shihonage wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 16:35:
Titanfall actually had to rewrite Source networking stack to make fast-paced multiplayer work.

This interests me greatly... but doing some quick googling has returned nothing.
Do you happen to know where you learned this from?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 19, 2015, 23:09 Sepharo

That was a surprisingly good article.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 19, 2015, 23:08 Sepharo

He's a StarCraft 2 legend.
Like you're a Blue's News legend.
Context.

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Jun 19, 2015, 03:36 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 02:50:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 21:42:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 13:29:
In the past devs made games to make a good game. Today, corporations make games to make money. It's really that simple, and it's obvious in the game design.

Both have always existed.
You may be forgetting about a landfill full of Atari games.

Jesus Christ it's not the Golgotha, its a couple of shitty games buried cos they didnt sell. The business has always been about the money, it's just that the further back you go, the more important substance over style was, there was no fancy graphics, no spindoctoring, no overbloated marketing budgets, gameplay was king. Gameplay SOLD games. This is just not true today. Now and again we get a great game that bucks this trend, like GTAV or Witcher3, but for the most part publishers are selling you shit in a box. Shit that smells and looks great, but still tastes like shit when you bite down into it.

Games that buck the trend... also something that occurred in the past. Go ahead go on ebay and get a grab bag of floppy disks tell me how many are any good. Play some random early CD Rom games, grab one of those 1000 games in 1 deals. Mostly crap isn't new. You remember the good ones better.

News Comments > Op Ed
45. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2015, 21:42 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 13:29:
In the past devs made games to make a good game. Today, corporations make games to make money. It's really that simple, and it's obvious in the game design.

Both have always existed.
You may be forgetting about a landfill full of Atari games.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
11. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 18, 2015, 03:08 Sepharo

Jerykk wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 03:07:
I'm pretty sure this game will have a pretty healthy lifespan. Blizzard already has a built-in fanbase and the game looks tailored for eSports.

Yep that's what I meant by it.
But Titanfall should have progressed that way too but it was handled like garbage.

9. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 18, 2015, 02:19 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 02:13:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 01:07:
This will probably be the first Blizzard game I buy since the launch of WoW in 2004. I'm not super excited for it and I'll probably get bored with it quickly... but it does look like they put a lot of effort into design and gameplay on their TF2 clone they have here. I'm always down for top fragging in some fast paced MP.

Why would you buy a F2P game?

Fine ... "buy into"
To get me to install whatever Blizzard's Steam client is these days.

Edit: Kind of like Titanfall did for Origin I guess
I guess the positive is that Blizzard has ridiculous fanboys who will give this a big community that hopefully won't die as quick.

6. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 18, 2015, 01:07 Sepharo

This will probably be the first Blizzard game I buy since the launch of WoW in 2004. I'm not super excited for it and I'll probably get bored with it quickly... but it does look like they put a lot of effort into design and gameplay on their TF2 clone they have here. I'm always down for top fragging in some fast paced MP.  

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2015, 00:57 Sepharo

Slick wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 22:59:
because I was the one who brought up consumer protections. you know, the industry-leading 24 hours full refund no questions asked policy that the Great Satan, ahem, EA has?

Isn't Steam's new policy better than that now though?
Honest question. I don't know if you can consider EA's refund policy industry-leading anymore.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed
30. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed Jun 18, 2015, 00:53 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 21:50:
What doesn't a search for "No Man's Sky" find this article?

Edit: First impression -- poor man's Star Citizen. But that's probably giving SC too much credit. A cross between E:D and Starbound maybe?

The apostrophe throws off Blue's article search. It shows up if you exclude the apostrophe.

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded
33. Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded Jun 16, 2015, 17:48 Sepharo

To this day I don't know of a title that lets you look behind every picture frame on a wall.  

News Comments > Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users
18. Re: Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users Jun 15, 2015, 22:18 Sepharo

Krovven wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 19:28:
I simply can't take Steam's rapid growth in the last year or so seriously. How many of the accounts are 2nd, 3rd, 4th (or more) accounts for one person to farm cards in these ARG games to sell for free money?

Believe it or not kids are getting into PC gaming at a rate not seen in decades.

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
12. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 01:25 Sepharo

Just watched the long Doom video. I think it looks amazing. Love the work done with the map and game creator too. Pretty surprised at the quality overall, wasn't expecting much from Doom 4.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
60. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 13, 2015, 00:18 Sepharo

I don't foresee myself playing any fast paced games but I love first person exploration/Adventure games. I want to be immersed in a world and figure out puzzles at my own pace. I've been fine sitting down doing that for decades I'll be fine sitting down with VR until the neural implants start showing up in 2030.  

57. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 22:06 Sepharo

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 10:14:
PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 01:32:
100x this. I have both a DK1 and DK2. Mouse + Keyboard is a pain in the arse when using them as if you take your hands off the keyboard at any time and lose your position then you end up taking the headset off to relocate them.
A controller is a lot easier and the best of current options available. The STEM stuff looks interesting, but it's while off being finished. Obviously haven't tried the Oculus touch peripheral yet.

Your offhand doesn't have to be a keyboard, it could be like a nostromo. Buy I have to assume many can easily put their hand on WASD blindly and I can't believe much anyone looks at their keys while playing. That said, I haven't tried a Rift with a mouse to know for sure, I just wouldn't have a problem with finding buttons to press, it would be the affect of the device, not the finding of the keys.

I don't have a problem finding my keyboard and mouse while using the Rift. But for some of those VR experiences you want to stand up or look around. When you stand up you just feel like a rock keyboardist and when fully turning around you can't use the keyboard and mouse anymore of course, looking over the shoulder is fine though. So a wireless controller would be better in those situations. Unfortunately, as most of us know here first-person games are better with mouse and keyboard than a thumb stick.

5. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 12, 2015, 03:22 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 01:57:
After watching this video gotta say that I think this character will get nerfed to the ground before this game even sees open beta.

I felt that way about the first video. With the time warping dual pistols character.
This guy starts out pretty bad with rockets but seems to pick it up quick.

News Comments > etc., etc.
14. Re: etc., etc. Jun 12, 2015, 03:21 Sepharo

It's a damn good game. My only complaint is that I'm going to be playing it when I'm 70 and still not have beaten it.  

39. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 01:00 Sepharo

DangerDog wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 00:29:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 21:46:
Looks like quite a few here didn't bother to read the article.
The Rift is only for PC.
Xbox One can stream games to Windows 10.
You can play those streaming Xbox One games on Windows 10 looking through your Rift at a "cinema screen".
It's a gimmick. One that doesn't even necessarily require a partnership or anything. I can already look at anything on my PC screen using my Rift and looking at a virtual "cinema screen".

ah but this is only the beginning, eventually you'll be able to interact with xbox one avatars through your PC in a virtual theater.

Flush

The leading Oculus Rift theater app actually has optional audience members. I think it even might have MP to it but I didn't try that out. It's kind of eerie sitting int he theater seat and looking behind you and some dude is there watching your movie with you.

But yeah, virtual chatrooms/multi-user-experiences are the primary reason Facebook bought the company in my opinion.

33. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 11, 2015, 22:50 Sepharo

PHJF wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 22:46:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 21:46:
The Rift is only for PC.
You can play those streaming Xbox One games on Windows 10 looking through your Rift at a "cinema screen".
It's a gimmick. One that doesn't even necessarily require a partnership or anything. I can already look at anything on my PC screen using my Rift and looking at a virtual "cinema screen".

The article is not an article at all, it's a couple of sentences following bullet points, one of which is: "Xbox One games will be playable on Oculus Rift."

Sorry I guess all the details were on the 2nd link.

29. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 11, 2015, 21:46 Sepharo

The Rift is only for PC.

6961 Comments. 349 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo