Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6631 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
58. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 00:45 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 23:41:
Oh please. Beamer, you are the one obvious racist on this website with your never ending bitchfest about "straight white males". Mostly everyone here sees through your little act. Pretending to be a champion for gay rights didn't work. Pretending to be a feminist didn't work. Pretending to care about Native Americans and Muslims or whatever else will not elevate you to a messiah for the downtrodden. Lighten the fuck up.

Putting your self-righteous nonsense back on ignore where you belong.

Put it all out there man, lol.
Burn it down!

Then you tell him to lighten up.
Both of you are crazy, chill.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

57. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2014, 00:42 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 21:35:
harlock wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 21:18:
"muslim" isnt a race, genius

Nice cop out, Bill Maher.
Regardless, most muslims belong to one race. It's de facto racism.

South East Asian?

harlock wasn't really trying to cop out of anything but yeah, it's semantics.

"Race" is nonsense anyway outside of discussions of racism.
As (leftist/liberal/reality-is-biased) Wikipedia defines it:
"Race is a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic, religious, and/or social affiliation."

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2014, 23:04 Sepharo

Zombiegoat213 wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 17:11:
Happy birthday to QUAKE, indeed. Remember how fun LAN gaming was?

It didn't go away, we could still do it.
The classic games still work and are fun as hell. Also there's a few newer lannable games.
Someone not as lazy as me plan the Blue's LAN.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Jun 22, 2014, 02:21 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 21:54:
They should be rejoicing he's changed his EULA? Uh no. No one should be rejoicing that EVER in any industry. In fact, it shouldn't be permitted at all. If he didn't have the foresight then, than tough titty for him. He can chalk that up to a life lesson.

As someone pointed out restrictions were loosened. The EULA changed to explicitly disallowing making money off of the game and mods in March 2012 but it wasn't enforced. Now he's going to start enforcing but with more relaxed restrictions that will allow selling of cosmetic items and server membership/entry fees (but no game affecting fees/sales).

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jun 22, 2014, 02:17 Sepharo

TheVocalMinority wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 01:04:
One thing I'm curious about. I've not played Minecraft myself but I think I read somewhere that either the client or server (or possibly both) had to phone home before it would start. Baring the existence of a hacked server I imagine this would make it easy for Notch to enforce the "new" rules on server admins. If they didn't comply the server simply would not start. Anyone know if this is the case?

Yeah it's the same situation for almost all private servers. There is an authentication server to hit first before connecting to the private server. With Valve servers it used to be WON and when that went down because of switching over to Steam a lot of unofficial stuff got cut off and people were ticked for a bit.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jun 21, 2014, 21:14 Sepharo

PC gamers should be rejoicing over Notch's stand on this. Nobody wants to get nickle and dimed or deal with P2W scenarios. This is all he wanted to address, you can still sell cosmetic non-game affecting items.

Right when the scandal was hitting I joined some of the popular networks since I hadn't experienced it before. You enter the spawn and it's signs and colorful chat bombarding you everywhere listing your limited rights and prices for everything under the sun. Really off putting.

News Comments > EA on "Unacceptable" BF4 Launch
32. Re: EA on Jun 21, 2014, 00:20 Sepharo

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 00:17:
The REALLY sad part is that they are going to make a Star Wars Battlefront game. I will buy that (sorry but the concept is too juicy to pass up), but at the same time I'll have a taxi ready to take me to the Battered Gamers of EA/Dice Center.

Imagine the money to be made on 3 Battlefronts per each new film for a total of 9. Gotta do it right though for continued sales.

News Comments > Play PC Titanfall for Free
47. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 22:15 Sepharo

peteham wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 14:21:
A major gripe I have with these new games, is matchmaking causing a complete lack of community. Back in the day with dedicated servers, even though they'd be empty half the day, you'd eventually get to know the people you played with. In a game like Titanfall, while finding full games is as easy as pressing the PLAY button, there's just an endless stream of random faces to play, which gets boring for me fast. I suppose if you get really into it you could join the competition scene (which I assume exists in some form) but I was never *that* into it.

Yes this is a major problem with all new MP FPS. I'd be playing Titanfall all day long if I had a steady dedicated server where I could get to know the players and community.

News Comments > Play PC Titanfall for Free
46. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 22:13 Sepharo

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 10:21:
Whatever happened to all the posts proclaiming TitanFall as the greatest FPS ever created? Anecdotal, yes, but I don't know a single person that is still playing more than a match or two a week.

I don't really play it too much (don't really play anything too much) but I still think in terms of game play and level design it is the best MP FPS presently.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2014, 00:01 Sepharo

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 00:00:
GTA 5 was just announced for PC https://www.facebook.com/rockstargames?fref=nf

Kind of surprised how pumped I am to buy a game for a 2nd time.

News Comments > Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs
16. Re: Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs Jun 9, 2014, 00:45 Sepharo

FPS communities (mostly in the past I guess save CS and a few others) are able to survive on donations that don't correlate to anything in the game. People make new maps, new mods, new skins, etc and they don't charge for them.  

6. Re: Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs Jun 8, 2014, 15:07 Sepharo

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 15:02:
Love how they can change the EULA mid-stream. When does Grandfathering kick in on things like this? Not that I'm pro-ptw Minecraft, but I'm also not a fan on rule changes on people that bought in under different rules.

The EULA changed two years ago in March 2012 to disallow selling of mods and in-game perks. They just hadn't enforced it until now. It's actually been made more flexible recently but with the caveat that it will now be enforced.

I was linked a video yesterday made by an owner of one of these large communities that will be effected. It was supposed to bring me to their side and against this move by Mojang but it only turned me even further away when I learned that this guy was making his living off of running that community and that he sold "ranks" in his server for hundreds of dollars, and gave an example of another community where the top rank costs $1000. That's insane, fuck those guys. This is the P2W shit people bitch about all the time here but even worse because it's not even the game developer/publisher making the money it's some dude running a server.

2. Re: Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs Jun 8, 2014, 13:49 Sepharo

Same as any other game.  

News Comments > Stardock Working on Eight Games
9. Re: Stardock Working on Eight Games Jun 6, 2014, 22:40 Sepharo

Maybe some sentences should have been reordered then.

"In 2011, Stardock sold its digital distribution platform (branded ImpulseŽ at the time) to GameStop. We
took that capital and invested it in a Strategic Investment Fund. We have used that capital to help launch a number of new start-ups across several different industries. As a result, we currently have eight games
in development (only two of which, Galactic Civilizations III and Offworld Trading Company have been
announced."

News Comments > Stardock Working on Eight Games
7. Re: Stardock Working on Eight Games Jun 6, 2014, 02:45 Sepharo

I bet they did something like Double Fine's Amnesia Fortnight and have 6 small games or so being worked on by 2-3 people and then there are 2 large games. Or maybe large DLC is being counted as separate games.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jun 4, 2014, 22:37 Sepharo

PHJF wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 06:59:
Softball is seven innings.

Today I learned...

4. Re: Into the Black Jun 4, 2014, 01:12 Sepharo

Can't be considered a walk-off because it was in the 7th. Right?

Also as someone pointed out in the comments, they played and won 5 straight games that day.

http://www.mhsa.org/Softball/Brackets/2013-14_AA_StateSoftballBracket.pdf

Lost in the first round on Thursday. Started working their way up the losers bracket Friday morning. By Friday afternoon they had beat 3 other losers, and then had to play 2 games against the team that originally beat them in the first round.

2. Re: Into the Black Jun 3, 2014, 22:13 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 20:48:
Is that a rule in the pros? Strike out on 3 but if the catcher drops the ball, you can run anyway?

Yep.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Announced
16. Re: Op Ed Jun 3, 2014, 03:52 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 03:47:
Mk10? Wow. The last one I played was Mk4, and that sucked balls. Mk3 was the best of the lot.

I would've agreed until playing MK9.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2014, 00:54 Sepharo

Always just "Summer Camp" if not part of scouts here in Michigan, well Metro Detroit at least.  

6631 Comments. 332 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo