Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6961 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 19:35 Sepharo

RoboNerd wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 19:22:
Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 16:14:
When I logged into the site this year it gave me the option to automatically join 2015 for what its worth. It'll probably take an OOTB announcement and a few days to get everyone signed up again.

I got as far as it asking me for the group password...have we been given one for this year?

It's in the General Forum on Bat's post.
But the pw is: bn
I mean if it's going to be posted somewhere not locked down anyway I guess it may as well be here.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2015, 00:53 Sepharo

Retired wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 17:42:
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT's TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!

79 People in regular NFL Pick 'EM League last year. I wasn't going to run it this year, but that is a pretty good turnout. There is a setting in the league to drop your worst week, I will turn that on, to give you one whoops I didn't get picks in, or something happens.

PLEASE ONLY ENTER ONE TEAM PER LEAGUE - to make things easier, when you name your entry, use your BN handle.

If I see players jumping in and out of the league to improve positions, I will just take those teams out - this is for fun, let's keep it that way.
- I may just lock the league in week 2 or 3, as we have most people on there by now, maybe some will join now to be included?

Good luck everyone. Two leagues again this year.
1. Is here, and a regular pick em league. Congrats to Verno last year. With a pretty amazing 99.3%.

2. Is here, a SPREAD league, gotta play the points. Congrats to "bpar", sorry, don't remember who that is, who had a very impressive 99.5% in the spread league. Lets try and get more members in this one, very challenging, only have 20 people right now.

Here is a link to the forum with joining information if you need group name and pw.

If there are other settings you would like to see changed, throw it in the forum. Thanks.

/Might show you the 2014 season, you have to join the 2015 season. Click where it says 2014 in the tabs, 2015 is in the dropdown.

That's actually a link to last years pick em league, but it's easily changed by using the dropdown with the year.

Edit: Oh lol, maybe I should read your whole post. Leaving this so nobody can say I ain't honest.

News Comments > Rocket League OS X and SteamOS Plans
4. Re: Rocket League OS X and SteamOS Plans Aug 27, 2015, 20:54 Sepharo

Agreed with the fun. But I believe I've entered the anger the phase now where every dumb move by my teammates pisses me off. I got up to 600 on both 2v2 and 3v3 and for a while that was cool, lots of skilled players, but lately it seems flooded with bozos and I've dropped back to barely 500 where there are even more bozos. It's a vicious cycle. I'm looking forward to the reset once it gets out of preseason.  

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
131. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 25, 2015, 04:00 Sepharo

feral.fury wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 03:53:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 03:38:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 03:01:
Skyrim took 4 years. And that was the fifth iteration of that franchise, so they pretty much knew what they were doing.

Even more amazing is the fact that Bethesda developed Skyrim and Creation Engine at the same time in 4 years. So technically Skyrim was literally developed from scratch. Creation was developed to replace Gamebryo; an absolute POS engine universally lambasted for its bugs and crashes. A newer version of Creation Engine powers Fallout 4.

As a software programmer with a 12 year professional career, that's a load of crap. Algorithms, data structures, techniques, assets and development tools both 3rd party and in-house aren't re-invented. All they do is revamp the engine to support new technology, write new API's and get rid of unused / old systems.

Please don't make shit up. It doesn't make you look smart.

Careful. I said this years ago about Source -> Source 2 and then more recently about Source -> Titanfall and people here (who I assume aren't developers) jumped on me both times. "But they said they rewrote the entire thing!" ... Sorry that's just not how it works as a matter of practicality.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2015, 20:15 Sepharo

Eh, we won't have to do it for much longer anyway. Luxury cars already have the automatic parking, it'll trickle down to regular cars soon enough.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2015, 23:42 Sepharo

shihonage wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 23:29:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 23:10:
It's easy to just pick something out of a hat and claim I don't know about it.
My comment wasn't about your thoughts on the NSA illegal spying techniques revealed (or brought to greater awareness) by American hero Edward Snowden.

You replied to a post where I made 2 specific examples, and the entirety of your reply was ridicule.

Now, of course, you're wiggling out of it. You're trying to stay in the zone of non-specific, to cover your ignorance of anything concrete, and so you can keep taking pot shots like an obnoxious clown.

Nothing less was expected. Enjoy the sound of your own voice.

I found it funny that my reply to your rant about mainstream media not covering things was met with a reply about something the media covered exhaustively and we all obviously know about.

How about instead you let us in on your facts about how Bin Laden is still alive. And how the Obama administration killed Seal Team 6 members. Or how the IRS is equivalent to the Stasi as you like to repeat over and over. Let's see the sources with which you do your careful research, the stuff us sheeple don't know about.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2015, 23:10 Sepharo

shihonage wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 20:04:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 18:06:
"research facts" = spend a lot of time on right wing and conspiracy sites, watches lots of youtube videos with breathless men ranting while 90s all seeing eye graphic art slowly zooms in and out.

Wait, what?

The NSA scandal was even covered on leftist's favorite HuffPost, with a picture of ObamaBush hybrid on the front page. It caused Google to amp up security between its datacenters, among other things. Everyone knows who Edward Snowden is now.

... well, except you, who lives in a cave.

The IRS scandal had multiple hearings and is still being investigated. It's an official legal process, that's slowly accumulating damning evidence, including the part where IRS consistently and blatantly DESTROYED data when access to it was requested, and Lois Lerner has been weaving and dodging the law.

The investigation is ongoing.

We live in the age where real news is getting buried on page 7. But the lot of you are intent on remaining fast asleep.

It's easy to just pick something out of a hat and claim I don't know about it.
My comment wasn't about your thoughts on the NSA illegal spying techniques revealed (or brought to greater awareness) by American hero Edward Snowden.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2015, 18:06 Sepharo

shihonage wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 16:30:
Cutter wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 12:14:
Uh huh, you just keep trying to rationalize away your extremism there, Scooter. I'm sure you'll actually believe it someday. After all, repeat the lie long enough....

I don't need to rationalize everything, I just research facts. What NSA and IRS-Stazi have been doing under Obama, alone, should make anyone's hair stand up. Just those two.

Unless, of course, you believe the old adages, "as long as they come for someone else and not me, it's fine", and "invasion of privacy only concerns those who have something to hide".

"research facts" = spend a lot of time on right wing and conspiracy sites, watches lots of youtube videos with breathless men ranting while 90s all seeing eye graphic art slowly zooms in and out.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1164. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Aug 22, 2015, 21:55 Sepharo

It'll never work.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Aug 22, 2015, 16:15 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 14:49:
Steam Spy guy has been my favorite gaming guru in very long time. He's smart, not political, states facts and has all the data he mined himself to prove it.

Agreed. No nonsense, smart, informed analysis.

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
18. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Aug 21, 2015, 22:52 Sepharo

Axis wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 17:51:
I'd play it if it was a port 'designed' for the PC.

Bungie has been out of the pc gaming scene for a long while, I won't be giving them a pass based on old PC favorites from their studio.

PC Bungie games? It's just Oni and Myth right?

News Comments > SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10
43. Re: SafeDisc Broken Under Windows 10 Aug 19, 2015, 20:35 Sepharo

Armengar wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 08:31:
I have a very old 5 digit steam number (back when you had to use an email address as the login and recovery address).

Weird... it must have went username, email, username.
Because I have an account that used to log in with just a username when everybody else had to use emails. But my SteamID is STEAM_0:1:4115132. I think if I remember correctly I ended up having 2 accounts because I had the ATI HL2 voucher... But it couldn't be used until (shortly before?) HL2 came out, but yet I was on Steam ever since CS switched to it.

edit: You're not maybe thinking of your WonID are you? That's what we used to measure in digits back in the day... and that would make much more sense talking about HL1.

News Comments > etc.
39. Re: etc. Aug 18, 2015, 22:19 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 19:20:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 23:06:
You're not going to admit you were wrong about background checks at gunshows? Or at least respond to my reply?

It's a FEDERALlaw, and licensed firearms dealer MUST do a NICScheck before selling anybody a firearm UNLESS that state has a more stringent methodology already in place. (FOr example, NC where I live - if you already possess a concealed hangun permit, you don't have to have a NICS check because your permit required a much more in -depth background check.) Any dealer at a gun show is doing a background check. Private sales can take place anywhere and there is no federal law covering them. More people sell privately on Armslist than have ever sold privately at a gun show.

If they wanted to let people know that private sales were a loophole, then they could have said that. Words have meaning and they deliberatly chose to call it the "gun show loophole" for a reason.

You should have been more specific about what you meant then. You said, "You have to pass a background check to buy a gun at a gunshow, just like you do at a gun shop." That's not true. You can go into a gun show and buy a gun, as long as it's not from an FFL, without a background check. They've created a market where guns can be bought and sold among previously unintroduced parties without background checks or any oversight at all in some states. Pointing to other places and situations where this can also be done, like the internet, doesn't diminish that, it's the same problem.

News Comments > etc.
38. Re: etc. Aug 18, 2015, 22:09 Sepharo

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 12:58:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 00:26:
You already said that you don't consider sociology to be actual science so why would anyone bother engaging with you on that topic?

Huh? Where did I say that? I said that sociological studies establish correlation (things that are somehow related) as opposed to causation (this causes that). This is not only not "controversial", it is the bedrock of the entire discipline. If you don't recognize this, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about...

Sorry I misread you. I thought you were calling social sciences "faux-scientific" earlier but I see now that you weren't.

edit: Actually looks like you misread jdreyer as well. He never made the claim you accused him of making. All he said was, "gun violence is perpetrated disproportionately by the poor and less educated" and you went on your correlation/causation rant.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2015, 22:52.

News Comments > The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released
13. Re: The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released Aug 18, 2015, 04:02 Sepharo

Jerykk wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 03:38:
New Game+, Blue. New Game+. The "new" is important because you are essentially starting a new game, only with the character progression from your previous game intact.

I feel like he's doing it on purpose now

News Comments > etc.
32. Re: etc. Aug 18, 2015, 00:26 Sepharo

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 00:10:
Stormsinger wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 22:55:
Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 18:11:
You did make a claim: that poverty causes crime (since you deny that the opposite is the case). As for the idea that poverty is not a measure of character and culture, I'd like to see your evidence to the contrary. You don't have any either, so all you can do is spout YOUR propaganda. Even if I could not come up with any evidence for my claim, that does not make yours true by default (the either-or fallacy). If you believe that access to weapons causes violence, then prove it. Otherwise, you could drop an arsenal in the living room of every normal person and the crime rate would stay the same.

Now I see the problem...you simply can't understand what you read. I never claimed you were wrong, I never claimed a single thing. Asking you to support -your- claim is a wholly different thing. It is not denying your claim, it is not claiming something else, it is simply asking you to provide a basis for your statement. And since you apparently can't do this, you cover it up with bluster, strawmen, and moving the goalpost.

While I made no claims, there was definitely an implication that you were being less than intellectually honest. I apologize for that mistake. Now I think it's looking more like rabid racism (if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck), or sheer stupidity.

Whatever the case, I'm done wasting my time (and everyone else's) on you and your shortcomings.
Like all folks on the losing end of an argument, you have to ad hominem, throw around irrelevant -isms (who said anything about race except you and Beamer?), and shift the burden of proof. It's sad, really...

You already said that you don't consider sociology to be actual science so why would anyone bother engaging with you on that topic?

News Comments > etc.
30. Re: etc. Aug 17, 2015, 23:06 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 22:50:
Agrajag wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 09:02:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 15, 2015, 22:54:
That 80-90% number is bullshit politicians literally made up.

If by "politicians" you mean Quinnipiac University, Washington Post, CNN, and CBS, and by "made up" you mean polled...

They also love to claim that 90% of NRA members support it, despite never having asked us.

No, it's 90+% of gun owners who support it, not NRA members... Among them, it's only 74%...

FYI jdreyer: There is no "gun show loophole." It's bullshit made up by the media and politicians.

He's talking about the private seller loophole, as is everyone who talks about the "gun show loophole"... Private sellers need not perform background checks... That's the hole everyone wants to plug with universal background checks...

You've got some good points with the futility of the War on Drugs and such, but I can't see why requiring background checks for private sales is so horrible... Especially if, as part of the deal, they opened up access to the checks so anyone could perform them for free, without going through a dealer...

Yes, openly political media outlets who lean one way or the other are CLEARLY non-biased and would always use the most scientific polls...no, Ican't even finish that with a straight face. Dude, "polls"are the most scientifically, statistically incorrect way to find out anything. You cannot poll 25 people on the streets of NY and then use that to say 90% of Americans say anything and have it be even the slightest bit accurate. Their methodology gives an accuracy of exactly 0.

Jesus, The Washington Post. Yeah, they are so unbiased. LOL.

You're not going to admit you were wrong about background checks at gunshows? Or at least respond to my reply?

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Aug 16, 2015, 05:06 Sepharo

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 15, 2015, 22:54:
FYI jdreyer: There is no "gun show loophole." It's bullshit made up by the media and politicians. You have to pass a background check to buy a gun at a gunshow, just like you do at a gun shop.

This isn't true. It might be a state law in some places to require a background check at gun shows, but in many you can go right in and buy a gun without paper work. Ohio for example requires zero paperwork for the exchange.

News Comments > Rocket League Patch Adds Arena, Spectator Mode
22. Re: Rocket League Patch Adds Arena, Spectator Mode Aug 12, 2015, 21:03 Sepharo

Haha, you already covered it a bit, but I was about to take exception to your pinball analogy. Pinball is all about ball control, only noobs walk up and slap away at the flippers... I guess from that perspective it is a good analogy for Rocket League. If you're just smashing into the ball everytime you're at the most basic of skill levels.  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
10. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 11, 2015, 14:59 Sepharo

Brumbek wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 13:08:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 11:49:
Or he's saying Just Cause 2 was beyond terrible, to the point that humanity should be forced to obliterate it from memory and all record, and Just Cause 3 merely sucks so bad you feel embarrassed for everyone involved.
Good summary of both filmmakers. With that said, this dev's quote is highly inaccurate. Just Cause 2 was an amazing game with a really funny story. The dialogue and cutscenes were really enjoyable because they had a purposeful B-movie feel. Hence Just Cause 2 was a sort of satire comedy mixed with crazy action.

I'm pretty sure "purposeful B-movie feel" is why he made the comparison.

6961 Comments. 349 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo