Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6556 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Falling Skies: The Game Trailer
12. Re: Falling Skies: The Game Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 23:13 Sepharo

Krovven wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 13:45:
With that said, I haven't missed an episode and I still enjoyed it for the first 3 seasons. This 4th season however has just completely gone off the rails. I'm bored with every episode thus far and they seem to be spinning their wheels...and they have already been picked up for a 5th season.

Oh no. I haven't start this season yet but I enjoyed the first 3 too. It's been surprisingly good in my opinon, but as others have pointed out there really isn't any other new sci-fi tv out there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
88. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2014, 23:03 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 20:13:
I'm assuming the resident social justice warrior underneath me just said another one of his weak retorts. Having him on ignore is so nice.

It will never cease to amaze me watching these lonely people preach from the safety of their ivory tower penthouses, latching onto the weekly "equality" bandwagon just to troll video game websites with their nonsense. That's why the Beamers and the jdreyers of the world act the way they do. They are lonely.

http://i.imgur.com/wd9vFoV.gif

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 23:30 Sepharo

PropheT wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 23:25:
It sure seems worse now than it used to be [...]

Seriously? Platform/console-wars are nothing like what they used to be in my opinion. But that could just be because as an adult I'm more removed from them. Kids have more of a stake because they're often stuck with just one platform/console and feel they need to defend their (or their parents') choice.

And as far as Blue's goes, I seem to remember this place being far more staunchly PC in the past. These days the console topics are sometimes more discussed than the PC ones.

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 23:24 Sepharo

"3 things some PC gamers are sometimes wrong about"  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2014, 02:41 Sepharo

ShakaUVM wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 02:31:
>at this point we're all level four,

Blue, that's your problem. Payday 2 has a really weird design, where even though quiet and loud both look like viable options, they are not. All the stuff you need to stealth a mission has to be unlocked, and some of the things are very deep unlocks (like being able to lockpick a safe, or quiet drilling or using ECMs to disable pagers), requiring you to invest a lot of time in the game playing a first person shooter before you can turn it into a stealth game.

By contrast, most games with these two options (say, Dishonored or Deus Ex) allow both options to work from the start.

Some of the stealth missions are ridiculously difficult. Like stupidly, ridiculously difficult. Others (like the normal bank missions) are actually fairly reasonable to do, once you learn the basics.

Essentially, you need to kill the guards with silencers, bag up their bodies (which requires an easy unlock), kill the tellers (since they will alert the police), and then have everyone rush in and order all the customers to the ground. Zip tie everyone (another easy unlock), and if you can get to everyone before a customer can sneak a phone call to the police. Any loud gunshots will alert the police, so you need to unlock silencers on at least one person, and hopefully everyone. Fast drilling (a medium unlock) and fast bag packing and movement will help you break through the safe door and load up your stuff quickly. A drillsaw (a deep unlock) will help you get the security boxes open quickly.

Yeah but even if you can't do the full mission stealth you can do aspects of it, even the smallest of which will buy you time. It also teaches you how to do it through trial and error which I found pretty neat. Each time I went in with friends we would add something new from your list to our gameplan.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
32. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 17, 2014, 01:42 Sepharo

See the problem is this list of anecdotes I've compiled.  

News Comments > GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because "It Sells"
14. Re: GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because Jul 17, 2014, 01:25 Sepharo

Lit_Reflex001 wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 22:13:
To the guy mentioning Codemasters is known for selling cheats....

If only you REALLY knew how much this is true!!!

As apparently you are too young to remember the Game Genie. This is what made Codemasters famous.

It wasn't making games that Codemasters originally made their money from it was an amazing way to cheat in almost ANY original NES game. They released codebooks every month with new cheats that would really work.

The damned thing was literally a piece of hardware that fit into the NES system that you put games into.

It was well worth the money.

Whoa, I had to look it up but you're right.
I never realized Codemasters was the same company that made the Game Genie. I guess it explains the name.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
15. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 00:26 Sepharo

jimnms wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 23:59:
nin wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 20:24:
Google+ kills off “real names” policy.

Huh! A little surprising, considering how much push they put into it...

Wonder if they'll do the same for youtube...I still get prompted to use my "real name" or account name.

Really? I think it asked me for my real name once, when YouTube started requiring Google+, and I just told it I didn't want to use my real name and I haven't been asked since.

You've been very lucky then. There was about a year there where I was being asked weekly, sometimes daily. Other times I'd go to my favorites, see they were all gone and find I had been automatically logged into my Google account instead of my YouTube. Once I ended up with a new Google+ account but with my YouTube name for a total of 3 Google accounts. Now I can maintain my subscriptions, favorites, etc using my classic YouTube account but if I want to make a comment or thumbs up a comment it makes me "login" despite already being logged in... I suspect that it's logging me into my Google account but pretending it's still my YouTube account.

My guess is that they finally gave up because they know who everyone is anyway.

News Comments > Ex Infinity Ward Devs Reload
10. Re: Ex Infinity Ward Devs Reload Jul 15, 2014, 22:42 Sepharo

These must be the guys that weren't good enough for Respawn.
Low expectations for this dev.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 15, 2014, 05:36 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 20:16:
Wow, first the Minecraft Con con and now this scam. This and all the other crowdfunding scams - which is only getting much larger and much worse - is going to kill crowdfunding in short order. I'm done with it.

What happened with the Minecraft Con? They've had 3 successful cons now, 2013 had attendance of 7,500. It also isn't crowdfunded but I'm not sure if you meant to imply that.

As for crowdfunding scams... what you're saying isn't much different than something like, "Man with all these scams involving money going around, I'm just done with money."
I'm up to 28 crowdfunding projects now. Only 2 have failed to meet their goal, and of the remaining 26 none have turned out to be scams. The scams are few and far between.

Indigogo has been around since 2008, Kickstarter since 2009. You've been crapping on crowdfunding for going on 2 years now (but right before that you seemed pretty reasonable about it). Doesn't look like it's going anywhere.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2014, 13:02.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2014, 00:01 Sepharo

eDave wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 21:56:
Dr. Demento. Dr. Demento. Dr. Demento.

Ah the childhood memories of going to bed, putting the transister radio under my pillow and listening to Dr. Demento.

Yeah, I'm old. Wanna fight about it?

My family still plays the Dr. Demento Christmas CD at that time of year.

News Comments > New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns?
35. Re: New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns? Jul 14, 2014, 23:50 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 22:57:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 22:41:
nevermind

See, now I'm super curious.

Well... I posted that it essentially wasn't an "opinion" because EA Partners doesn't have explicit control over the participating developers and that's kind of the point. But then I took a look at the Starbreeze example and realized that might as well be control... And I had to concede that each contract is probably wildly different. Those contracts are just somewhere in between a wholly owned EA developer and EA publishing Valve's retail HL2.

Then you've got something like what Stardock just did, announcing that they've got 8 games in development but really it's them partnering with like 6 different smaller developers. When they partnered with Ironclad for Sins (SoaSE) they got so close that they were actually helping with development tasks.

So... it can be pretty variable. But I'd have to say that obviously simply being an EA Partner is not a recipe for failure as plenty of examples show. And in the examples of failure only a small percentage were due to EA dropping funding/publishing. It's hard to speculate how many were ruined do to meddling but I'd say it's very low.

edit: Oh and of course Crytek's troubles have nothing to do with EA Partners.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 2014, 23:59.

33. Re: New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns? Jul 14, 2014, 22:41 Sepharo

nevermind

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 2014, 22:48.

25. Re: New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns? Jul 14, 2014, 02:21 Sepharo

You're missing Valve using EA to publish retail/boxed HL2.  

News Comments > CliffyB Announces F2P PC Shooter Blue Streak
27. Re: CliffyB Announces F2P PC Shooter Blue Streak Jul 10, 2014, 10:55 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 03:12:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 19:54:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 04:30:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 01:17:

You should try the F2P "Loadout". Very solid weapons and netcode/feel IMO.

I thought Loadout looked pretty cool. However, there's no way to play single player, and coop matches seem to force 4 humans Vs. 4 AI (I have little desire or time to play compet multiplayer)? No way to have bots on your team?

Haven't looked into it but my guess would be no. I know there are tons of people on Blue's who insist on having bots in what are normally online MP games but that's something that I don't personally understand. If you want SP, play a Half-Life or Bioshock style FPS.
Quake, CS, UT, BF, Titanfall... that's for MP.

Half Life 2 and BS: Infinite are great, but they're not "games" ...

I didn't make it any further.

25. Re: CliffyB Announces F2P PC Shooter Blue Streak Jul 9, 2014, 19:54 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 04:30:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 01:17:

I thought Loadout looked pretty cool. However, there's no way to play single player, and coop matches seem to force 4 humans Vs. 4 AI (I have little desire or time to play compet multiplayer)? No way to have bots on your team?

Haven't looked into it but my guess would be no. I know there are tons of people on Blue's who insist on having bots in what are normally online MP games but that's something that I don't personally understand. If you want SP, play a Half-Life or Bioshock style FPS.
Quake, CS, UT, BF, Titanfall... that's for MP.

19. Re: CliffyB Announces F2P PC Shooter Blue Streak Jul 9, 2014, 01:17 Sepharo

BobBob wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 19:01:
If Mr. Bleszinski reads this ...

My advice / opinion:

Make sure it has a series of hit-scan weapons with anti-lag. Splash damage weapons are acceptable but should be not the primary choice otherwise the game gets spammy. I know my terminology is dated. Focus on players developing skill vs. everyone can play it. If you promote the skilled players (prizes, sponsorship, tournaments, etc.), others will follow them as mentors. Make it a fun yet difficult game to master (UT / Quake). This way it will last a long time and stand-out from all the overly amateur friendly games out there.

Also, an unconditional no cheating policy is really important. Some kind of PunkBuster technology will be useful, accompanied by an adequate global or regional reporting system.

Other than that, it would be cool if people could run their own servers (allowing maps and mods), but as this is 'free to play', I don't know if that can work.

Good luck!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2014, 13:13 Sepharo

MisterBenn wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 12:52:
garrywong wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 10:17:
This is the biggest collection of click-bait titled articles I have ever seen on Blues

I'm not sure what happened today. That "19 Maps" piece was just awful. It sounded like something about the history of the planet - but I actually got a list of which states begin with which letter and a diagram of what the US would look like if every state were a kitten. I like the levity in OooB but the inclusion of that was a bit of a low point!

The article is satire.
But the confusion here does bring to light the problem of trying to satirize clickbait (as the Onion's new Clickhole tries)... it just ends up looking the same. Poe's law and all that.

edit: Dammit Blue

News Comments > C&C: Online is Online
4. Re: Op Ed Jul 7, 2014, 02:09 Sepharo

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 22:19:
Yes, they force you to buy their stuff with the Jedi mind trick (sarcasm).

Businesses are in it to make money, but since you guys think it is so easy, donate for a year's worth of service! Oh wait, that takes money (gasp)!

Haha what? Is this real?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 3, 2014, 01:22 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:39:
Julio wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:27:
Creston wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:19:
Oh Poppy, Lindsay, it's not you. We've never seen photos of you being railed in the ass while bent over a lawn table. There is simply no similarity here.

Maybe the court case will require those photos to be made public...

iish. She is disgusting. She sounds like a 60 year old woman, but then again when you chain smoke like she does and the amount of drugs she has done - that makes sense I guess. She has not aged gracefully....

Not that I want to defend Lindsay Lohan in anyway, but that's just how her voice sounds. It's always been that way... well at least since 1998 in the Parent Trap remake.
What? My twin sisters were huge fans of that of course.

I'm also friends with a family where all 3 daughters have those weird deeper/breathy voices, none of them smoke.

6556 Comments. 328 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo