Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6631 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick Kickstarter
5. Re: Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick Kickstarter Nov 19, 2014, 14:18 Sepharo

Ooooh. Ahhhh.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
21. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 01:51 Sepharo

I bet/hope some lower level employees ganged up and convinced some higher management that this was a terrible idea and they saw the error of their ways and quickly reversed.  

News Comments > The Sims 4 Adds Pools
8. Re: The Sims 4 Adds Pools Nov 4, 2014, 22:52 Sepharo

Need to start identifying more stuff like this then.

"Why aren't there <things> in this game? This is outrageous, <things> are a staple of Sims games, there's no reason they shouldn't be in the base game. You're probably just keeping it out so you can release it later as DLC and double dip on us."

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Celebration This Week
4. Re: RE: Follow up Nov 1, 2014, 17:25 Sepharo

nin wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 17:13:
UConnBBall wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 17:04:
10 years = $1,798.80 in fees monthly

10 years = $1,558.80 in fees 6 months at a time

The thing about that is, when I played wow, it took up so much time that I didn't buy/play as many other games.

A fairer comparison would be comparing it to how much a given player spent on other games in 10 years.

And thanks to Steam calculator most of us know the sad truth

I figure the few games I've bought outside of Steam makes up for the stuff I bought on sale so the total is probably pretty close.

News Comments > Play Civilization V Free This Week
23. Re: Play Civilization V Free This Week Oct 22, 2014, 14:34 Sepharo

At initial launch the game was extremely slow running. Each expansion pack has improved the speed of CPU calculations I think.  

News Comments > Play Civilization V Free This Week
4. Re: Play Civilization V Free This Week Oct 20, 2014, 21:33 Sepharo

I wonder if only the base game is free.

The second expansion is what really made it a solid good game in my opionion and the third expansion is pretty great too.

News Comments > I am Bread Trailer
6. Re: I am Bread Trailer Oct 20, 2014, 14:06 Sepharo

nin wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 09:08:
Heh, was watching that last night and almost sent it in...bizarre.

I still like the "cat knocking shit off" simulator (forget the name) better...

This looks to have more gameplay than that. This is like Katamari Damacy but with a piece of bread, surgeon simulator controls, and two meters to manage, edibility and deliciousness... Pick up bad stuff and edibility goes down, pick up good stuff and deliciousness goes up.

News Comments > etc., etc.
45. Re: etc., etc. Oct 17, 2014, 01:11 Sepharo

Don't know if you guys have seen this timeline. Somebody linked it on a non-gaming forum I'm on.

Make sure to scroll backwards too.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
17. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 16, 2014, 04:04 Sepharo

PHJF wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 20:42:
Did you seriously just ask "How's The Wire?"

Thought the same thing at first.

"Hey guys I just heard about this Breaking Bad? Any good?"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 16, 2014, 00:20 Sepharo

Lorcin wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 22:11:
Not really rocket science. They've made a game hard or long enough to be confident that it can't be realistically completed within 24 hours of launch. In case they get caught they've then promised to use the hither too unknown power of t'interweb to arrange for food to be delivered to a specific location.

This unknown wizardry of getting food delivered online is probably where they should base their next game. "The legend of laziness" a old school rpg where you fight the nagging fear you've entered a wrong address whilst fending off the probing questions of your wife.

lol you're killing me Rotfl

31. Re: etc., etc. Oct 15, 2014, 14:19 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 08:36:
panbient wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 06:31:
sdgundamx wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 03:28:
Basically, if GG has taught me anything it's not that there is a huge problem with gaming journalism, it's that there's a huge problem in many gamers themselves.

This. One million times this. And only this line.

Fuck that line. Its about as condescending as it can be, its hypocritical (assuming sdgundamx is a gamer himself) and its the worst sort of a general blanket statement you can make. Sort of like this one:

Hey guess what? There's a huge problem in many HUMANS themselves! Well DUH!

Let me remind everyone that gamers are human too and so are gaming journalists. Lumping everyone in some kind of category doesnt make you look smart, it makes you look stupid and prejudiced.

Change criticism of gaming to criticism of Islam and gamers to Muslims and you'll see what Anita and many journalists are doing wrong.

"Islam has serious problems that need to be addressed."
-some Muslims agree, some Muslims disagree, some send in death threats
"Muslims are sending me death threats! Muslims are intolerant, unwilling to discuss these issues. They attack the messenger. Muslims this! Muslims that!"

Hey stop lumping me in with the guys sending death threats.

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
17. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 21:16 Sepharo

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 20:54:
Let me ask ya this...

Name one regular on this site that has ever gone shit craving mad over a game and pushed it like he did with Evil Within?
Creston and Ray have gotten close with X3, but never to that degree. And yeah he did talk briefly about other topics, but out of his 45 posts as a whole, doesn't something sorta stick out when you look at his Evil Within related posts to everything else he posted?

At least I'd like to see him post about how shit poor the game is

We're old and jaded. Kids still get excited about games, sometimes irrationally so where they feel the need to defend even poor decisions. I wish I could still get that excited over stuff.

The main game I'm excited about I've already played and I'm ready to pay for it again on another platform.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
22. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2014, 02:15 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 01:56:
Axis wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 23:08:
Hulu ads are more than acceptable, they are few, quick, and timed.

Not being able to stream many of the episodes unless you are in front of an actual PC is their problem.

We get around it by outputting the PC to the HDMI on our TV, but it's just ridiculous that you can't simply stream those same ones from Roku or other streaming device. And of course there's plenty of ways to get around ads on the PC as well, and not on a roku or other device which defeats their business model.

THATS what Hulu needs to "consider" -- all shows streamable or say no thanks to the network/show and let them flounder on cable.

Netflix is king. Amazon prime we barely use except for an occasional kid show and shipping of course. Hulu has the TV shows, but their streaming model (shows on PC and not on stream devices outside of PC) is their problem, not the ads.

I don't know how you can stand paying a monthly subscription and have to sit through commercials.

Even better. Pay for it and then don't even use it. That's how I roll.

D;

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
23. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 12, 2014, 17:15 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 17:11:
The part where they flew through the city on their way to dock, was that free-form flying, or was it a predetermined path? Because if that was free-form, I think I just had a little accident in my pants....

I assume it wasn't freeform considering the amount of times the landing assistance was mentioned.

21. Re: etc., etc. Oct 10, 2014, 00:29 Sepharo

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 12:53:
You know the coward in question will never stand up and apologize. That's just how they're raised. I hope he's reading this now. You are nothing. A nobody. A failure. Now cry yourself to sleep and get up tomorrow to cry some more. Wait for the next fake story about inequality to pop up and only then will you come out of hiding. Pretend to care. Deflect. Dismiss. Keep doing your little act and we'll continue to reveal what kind of person you truly are.

Haha don't go proving them right too hard now. You don't want to strain yourself.

News Comments > Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development?
46. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? Oct 9, 2014, 01:30 Sepharo

Steazy wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 20:56:
*I'm an idiot*

News Comments > Op Ed
61. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Oct 4, 2014, 18:42 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 17:54:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 15:35:
Beamer wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 01:32:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 23:15:
Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 12:21:
Do you guys really think that Facebook will end up breaking even on this one. How many pairs need to be sold (25 million, if they make $100 profit per pair, which seems high) or how many apps/in-app purchases need to be sold?

This is a really short-term and naive way of looking at the purchase.
It's akin to saying "Do you think Disney is going to make $4.05 billion profit on Star Wars 7 tickets and merchandise?"

Yeah, I do.
They're doing a trilogy of films up front. Figure they're probably going to cost $1 billion combined to make and market, but Disney is probably expecting them to bring in $800 million globally apiece. Assume they take 50% of that, and they've got $1.2 billion. Toss in another billion apiece in home sales and TV rights, which we'll again assume 50% is profit. Make a Boba Fett spinoff that takes in half that, and you're even without even doing merch.

Look at Marvel. $4 billion dollars five years ago. They've made that back in films that have Iron Man alone.

Also, short sighted? I never said the time frame they need to get that money back. But, the longer it goes on, the more they need to make, again, time value of money.

"Do you think Disney is going to make $4.05 billion profit on Star Wars 7 tickets and merchandise?"
You reply: "They're doing a trilogy of films up front."

You missed the point of the comparison. Obviously the $4 billion wasn't just for a Episode 7 it was for the entire franchise / intellectual property. Just like Facebook purchasing Oculus Rift isn't just for the initial retail headset (and related products) but for a big-name entry into an entire new paradigm.

Oh, I did miss the 7.
But Disney expects to have made all that money back within 5 years.

And, again, I never once said that Facebook needs to make it back immediately. The bottom line is, do you think they'll sell that many units in any period of time at all?

You asked how many pairs need to be sold. That's like asking how many Star Wars 7 tickets need to be sold. And you're still asking the same question again... This isn't about units. It's about brand and really in this case paradigm. Facebook has a jump on VR now, they have the first company actually making feasible VR units and a talent pool of excited engineers and managers who were involved before the money was. This would be like Ford or GM buying Tesla years ago and then people chiming in saying, "Oh man they'll never make their money back, how many Roadsters are they going to have to sell?"

Frankly I'm surprised someone as supposedly smart as you in this area is failing to see it.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2014, 18:47.

News Comments > Op Ed
59. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Oct 4, 2014, 15:35 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 01:32:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 23:15:
Do you guys really think that Facebook will end up breaking even on this one. How many pairs need to be sold (25 million, if they make $100 profit per pair, which seems high) or how many apps/in-app purchases need to be sold?

It's akin to saying "Do you think Disney is going to make $4.05 billion profit on Star Wars 7 tickets and merchandise?"

Yeah, I do.
They're doing a trilogy of films up front. Figure they're probably going to cost $1 billion combined to make and market, but Disney is probably expecting them to bring in $800 million globally apiece. Assume they take 50% of that, and they've got $1.2 billion. Toss in another billion apiece in home sales and TV rights, which we'll again assume 50% is profit. Make a Boba Fett spinoff that takes in half that, and you're even without even doing merch.

Look at Marvel. $4 billion dollars five years ago. They've made that back in films that have Iron Man alone.

Also, short sighted? I never said the time frame they need to get that money back. But, the longer it goes on, the more they need to make, again, time value of money.

"Do you think Disney is going to make $4.05 billion profit on Star Wars 7 tickets and merchandise?"
You reply: "They're doing a trilogy of films up front."

You missed the point of the comparison. Obviously the $4 billion wasn't just for a Episode 7 it was for the entire franchise / intellectual property. Just like Facebook purchasing Oculus Rift isn't just for the initial retail headset (and related products) but for a big-name entry into an entire new paradigm.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2014, 23:21 Sepharo

"Hey make sure we mention identity theft to perk up the ears of the public and congress."  

News Comments > Op Ed
57. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Oct 3, 2014, 23:15 Sepharo

6631 Comments. 332 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo