Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6744 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 2, 2015, 20:35 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 18:43:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 13:31:
descender wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 12:31:
Cutter, you can't use paint for that. You could technically use MS Photo viewer to adjust brightness/contrast... but really you should just download GIMP. It's free and basically... photoshop.

Picasa, a free photo editor, is also super easy to use and adjust contrast, color, crop, etc. They have a bunch of tools to do that.

Thanks peeps I'll check those out.

Careful man, Picasa is owned by Google and it's integrated with G+.
Using it would instantly make you one of the sheeple.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2015, 03:57 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 02:58:
Wraith wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 01:12:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 22:04:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 20:21:
I've been itching for a fun Space-based game to enjoy but I'm not in the market to give Gearbox any kind of money so I might look more in to Elite Dangerous and gift myself a joystick for my Birthday on Tuesday.
Yeah let's not reward a company when they do something right.
It crashes randomly all over the fucking place. They didn't do anything right - Gearbox is still fucking Gearbox.

Boy, you're just being the Negative Nancy all over the place tonight.

Overblown rage is that guy's entire history.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 19:48 Sepharo

harlock wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 18:44:
slow day at blues

Thanks for the Black Sails recommendation.
The first two episodes were great, I'm looking forward to watching the rest.
With AMC, HBO, and now Starz I guess there's a lot of good TV to watch. I still have season 4 of Hell on Wheels to watch too.

News Comments > AIPD Announced
5. Re: AIPD Announced Feb 25, 2015, 03:59 Sepharo

Oh a new Geometry Wars  

47. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2015, 02:48 Sepharo

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 08:15:
Verno wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 09:16:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 09:05:
I dont get how CS:GO stays up there that long. Im getting the feeling its because of banned hackers that are buying a new one twice a week...

It's just very popular. Low barrier of entry, lots of community additions to the game and its an FPS. Not much else to it.

So were many other FPS games. They didnt stay on top for 3 years, not even close.
The only similar inflation Ive seen in an FPS was on Americas Army. And we all know it was a cheaterfest, you couldnt find a single server without a cheater.

CS:S was in the top 10 most of the time too. I don't see why it would be any different with CS:GO. It's a flagship Steam title.

News Comments > SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week
17. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 23, 2015, 22:06 Sepharo

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 21:48:
Slick wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 21:35:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 21:14:
My Oculus Rift DK2 arrived today.
I'm itching to get home and put it on.
Might be joining those crazy Elite: Dangerous folks.

I was waiting out the retail product but I heard the release date is still "hopefully it will be out before 2016". So that's a maybe on this holiday season... Decided I can't wait that long on a maybe.

the best oculus game out there is called WindLands. but beware, no other game will come close as far as that "feeling" of movement and immersion, so i'd recommend doing it last.

I'm REALLY interested in this steam VR thing, industry insiders have been talking about it for years, that valve built a really crazy lab to develop this tech, and anyone who's witnessed it first-hand has walked away in a stupor. we haven't had any details, and now we have a product that's ready to demo, this will be very interesting to see.

What get me about a year or so ago, I thought they laid off the team, shared a little knowledge to OR, said some inherent problems not over come, perhaps I may even recall some of the laid off team doing something on kickstarter.

They laid off a bunch of people from their hardware skunkworks in general. They never mentioned what products specifically and Gabe actually came out to clarify that they weren't going to clarify which products the people were working on but that SteamBox / Controller and VR were still on.

News Comments > SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week
14. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 23, 2015, 21:14 Sepharo

My Oculus Rift DK2 arrived today.
I'm itching to get home and put it on.
Might be joining those crazy Elite: Dangerous folks.

I was waiting out the retail product but I heard the release date is still "hopefully it will be out before 2016". So that's a maybe on this holiday season... Decided I can't wait that long on a maybe.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
115. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 23, 2015, 01:54 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 01:37:
Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 22:20:

Yeah, that's definitely going to be a massive problem for them. They say that everything can be earned in game, but if you can earn a $2500 ship in a few weeks of play, those that paid cash for it are undoubtedly going to bitch. That balancing act is going to be nigh-impossible, I think. (after which they'll just make them impossible to get, I'd guess, or maybe they'll allow a used vehicle market, essentially turning those high price ship into the equivalent of limited edition supercars. Who's got my Huayra?!)

Well, if the people who paid the cash complain, would there be anything they could do about it? RSI will already have spent the money.

Easy you just put a little tag in front the ship name [Heirloom] and everybody's good.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 17:33 Sepharo

Alamar wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 17:12:
nin wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 16:47:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 16:37:
longevity, depth of play, repetition

Bingo! Watched some guys do a let's play, and by the end of the second round, thought "Is that it????".

I'll say this though, there's an offline play with bots (and coop with bots filling in) so I'll buy the GOTY version in a couple of years once all the DLC is included. Just don't see the point right now.

Exactly. Once it's all in one package, down to $20, I'll check it out...

But how is that different than any other MP shooter? Or any MP competitive game really... MOBA's bore the shit out of me for their repetition, but apparently one or two people like it ; )

I'd assume it's the flow and mechanics of the game that are boring. One way to make Quake and CS really boring would be to have one guy running around on his own while everyone else chases and shoots only at him

Sure that might be fun every now and then as a novelty but if that was the whole game? bleh

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
15. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 22, 2015, 04:51 Sepharo

beremot wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 04:45:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 04:23:
beremot wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 04:21:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 04:19:
beremot wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 04:15:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 04:08:
beremot wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 03:19:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 02:52:
-How do you know if someone doesn't have a facebook page?

-Just wait a few minutes and they'll tell you.

This is a thread about facebook, genius. If it was about the latest kickstarter release, no one would be talking about facebook.

- How do you know if someone has a facebook page?

- They're the type of person that just blindly does whatever the fuck they think everyone else is doing.

I don't even have email. That shit is for sheeple.

Oh, you're a real "rebel," Sepharo.

Since this is obviously a very sensitive subject for you, I tell you what. I promise not to put down facebook, or people who like facebook, ever again, okay?

Do you feel better now?

My sensitive subject?

That's what I said. Are you blind as well as dumb?

Well I told two jokes and your response was to call me a genius and a rebel and write a bunch of other words (and later significantly edit the tone of some). Seems more of a sensitive topic for you than me. Let's continue. You're up again.

"Significantly?" I edited my post, yeah, but as far as I can see, my "tone" is exactly the same in both versions. Correct me if you can.

But I think you're right, even when you're wrong. Maybe I should change my tone. I shouldn't have called you dumb. That was "insensitive" of me. Let me try again.

Yes, I did say this was a sensitive subject for you. If it wasn't, you wouldn't try to make fun of the minority of us who didn't jump on Zuckerberg's bandwagon along with all the rest of you. If I had to guess, I'd say that on some level, you don't like thinking of yourself as just another sucker following the herd. So when people don't do that, it makes you uncomfortable, hence your need to try to make fun of them.

I think we're making real progress here, but I'm afraid our time is up and your session is now over. Please pay the receptionist on your way out, and we'll talk again next week. Try not to be too hard on yourself in the meantime.

Haha

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
17. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 22, 2015, 04:50 Sepharo

You really should sue them Cutter.
You could do it since it's so clear that it's fraud and they're violating the purchase agreement and you've got the prior experience.

Namedrop Blue's if you it gets big

13. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 22, 2015, 04:23 Sepharo

beremot wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 04:21:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 04:19:

This is a thread about facebook, genius. If it was about the latest kickstarter release, no one would be talking about facebook.

- They're the type of person that just blindly does whatever the fuck they think everyone else is doing.

Since this is obviously a very sensitive subject for you, I tell you what. I promise not to put down facebook, or people who like facebook, ever again, okay?

Do you feel better now?

My sensitive subject?

That's what I said. Are you blind as well as dumb?

Well I told two jokes and your response was to call me a genius and a rebel and write a bunch of other words (and later significantly edit the tone of some). Seems more of a sensitive topic for you than me. Let's continue. You're up again.

11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 22, 2015, 04:19 Sepharo

Do you feel better now?

My sensitive subject?

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 22, 2015, 04:08 Sepharo

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 22, 2015, 02:52 Sepharo

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 20, 2015, 22:15 Sepharo

It's a wonder you have a computer.  

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
87. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 20, 2015, 16:51 Sepharo

Quboid wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 12:11:
NetHead wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:37:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 19:29:
Quboid wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 19:18:
Let me guess, it's a 900%* increase.

* In a very specific case which isn't remotely representative.

Most likely, but lets hope it is true as the 1440P Oculus is going to need some nuts to run it.

I'm not sure Quboid's guessing is really required. Just like Mantle allows over 10 times more draw calls, it doesn't mean games or hardware are suddenly going to be even 2 times as fast in general. Actually looking at 10 times and 900% I wouldn't be surprised if this Brad is just talking about draw calls and being a click-baiting tuckfard for attention.

This is probably all the Mantle stuff all over again, been there done that etc, also we won't be specific about the claims since people will just reply "already been done".

Anyone who hopes, nevermind believes, that going from one API to the next version is going to improve overall performance by any factor is, well I don't really want to say rude things right now.

The only graphics API news I'm remotely interested in is seeing why they're making a noise about the new OpenGL, or it's replacement or whatever (yes I'm trying hard not to use the word "Next", oh dammit)

True. Re-reading the tweet, it looks like he is referring to a specific case and didn't mean to imply anything else.

It's amazing how many people in these comments missed that.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2015, 16:50 Sepharo

Since I was talking about them yesterday...
Here's Dempsey and Marci:
http://i.imgur.com/JZiMGzgl.jpg

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Into the Black Feb 20, 2015, 04:27 Sepharo

InBlack wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 04:15:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 03:54:
I think we'll be just fine.
History backs me up.

Just fine? If by that you mean that humanity will survive, you are probably correct. I wouldn't call it 'just fine' though. I doubt that people in Syria and Iraq are doing 'just fine'. I doubt that the people in Ukraine are doing all that great. We never learn from history, we are colossal fuck-ups. Its not, just fine.

No I was replying your post about decaying culture and devolving species. Neither of which are true.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Into the Black Feb 20, 2015, 03:54 Sepharo

I think we'll be just fine.
History backs me up.

6744 Comments. 338 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo