Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sepharo

Real Name Sepharo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sepharo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I like games... Hi.
Homepage http://steamcommunity.com/groups/detroitgamers
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:51
Total Comments 6836 (Guru)
User ID 17249

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Video
11. Re: Overwatch Video May 29, 2015, 23:54 Sepharo

I swear it's the third time I've seen someone mention that. I don't see the connection with UT beyond it being a MP FPS. It's definitely TF2... inspired.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2015, 22:46 Sepharo

1badmf wrote on May 28, 2015, 20:56:
ok i'm not understanding what's going on in that picture. his back half is laying down but his front half is standing up?

Poster has never had a male dog.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Price Discussed
27. Re: Oculus Rift Price Discussed May 28, 2015, 13:40 Sepharo

Creston wrote on May 28, 2015, 13:13:
around $1,500.00 will get you a Rift along with a computer capable of powering it

That's about the same level of bullshit vagueness that we get out of publishers when they crow that "4.5 billion zombies have been vanquished online!" rather than just saying they only sold 50K copies.

Also, when did Brendan Iribe become CEO? What happened to the other guy? (Lucky Palmer, IIRC?)

Palmer Luckey was never the CEO. He's the founder and inventor and still works in a technical capacity. Iribe was the CEO even before Facebook buyout and had put "a few hundred thousand" into the Kickstarter.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
61. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 20:48 Sepharo

Cutter wrote on May 19, 2015, 18:17:
Was trying to watch some gameplay on Twitch, Jesus that service is *really* fucking annoying. It seems to be either teens who are all gangsta wannabes 'Holy fuck, did you see that shit yo?!' or bimbos in Cosplay gear who are clueless and trying to milk money from guys.

It's fucking near impossible to find a stream of someone just playing at 1080 with no comments or in-game camera of them - really? I came to watch the fucking game, not you. I really just don't get the draw of Twitch with all that horseshit.

You should use Steam Broadcast for that. Rarely is anyone using it like they do for Twitch. Mostly just gamers playing their game like a regular joe.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
2. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 03:24 Sepharo

Man that took longer than expected to figure out.  

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
64. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 19, 2015, 00:04 Sepharo

Oddly enough (or not), Stanley Parable, a game about examining/lampooning game design and players, had some of the most rewarding experiences for pushing "e" on everything, exploring, and going the wrong way. Probably why that's one of my favorite games.  

News Comments > etc.
30. Re: etc. May 18, 2015, 17:38 Sepharo

NKD wrote on May 18, 2015, 17:29:
Another thing to keep in mind, aside from the statistics, is that some of the more high profile Anti-GG folks on Twitter have very different definitions of harassment than the average person. So statistics not bearing out a "massive harassment campaign against women" makes sense. After all, it's likely the criteria this organization used was a little more strict in terms of what it called harassment.

For many of these people, any disagreement is harassment. They want the publicity of Twitter, but they don't want to hear any criticism of their ideas. They are trying to turn a public forum like Twitter into some kind of "safe space" instead of just sticking with Tumblr or some forum somewhere they can ban whoever they like.

They want to have their cake and eat it too, basically. The reach of Twitter, but the ability to shut out dissenting opinion like a forum.

Especially volatile Anti-GG folks, like Brianna Wu, even their supporters have to walk on thin ice. Even fellow SJWs don't dare disagree with some of these people lest they find themselves on the outs. Their semi-official motto is "listen and believe" which means that you're supposed to take what they say at face value, no matter how incorrect it is.

The simplest way to put it is that these people only care about their own personal feelings, not reality.

I think WAM! actually accounted for a bit of what you're talking about.

In three weeks, WAM! reviewers assessed 811
incoming reports of harassment and escalated 161 reports to Twitter, ultimately seeing
Twitter carry out 70 account suspensions, 18 warnings, and one deleted account.

So out of the 811 reports they got they only considered 161 of those worth submitting to Twitter. And of those 161 twitter only took action on 89.

Everyone should really just take a look at the PDF itself, that blog article that was linked consistently does terrible things to math. Poor reading comprehension there.

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
33. Re: Doom Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 16:52 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on May 18, 2015, 14:11:
Ah, the microwave society.
Not even 4 seconds of video and everyone has made up their mind.
Can't wait to pre order this so I can get the gold shimmering double barrel shotgun. Cuz, you know.

Microwave society? Are you 95 years old?
Damn kids and your moving pictures!

News Comments > etc.
27. Re: etc. May 18, 2015, 14:35 Sepharo

The report and the blog's terrible analysis of it are useless to both sides.
These are harassment reports submitted to WAM! not to Twitter directly. Of the 800 reports that WAM! received 65 of the harassing accounts were also on the ggautoblocker list. These are two disconnected datasets, 12% of the WAM! reported harassers being on the ggautoblocker doesn't really mean much and definitely shouldn't result in the math in the image stating that only 0.66% of GGAB'd users were actually harassers.

But the most hilarious misstep of that blog was when the guy wrote,
Most of the times, according to the data, only one account was reported an inordinate amount of times, where as two or more accounts were infrequently reported. This means that it was mostly one person exercising a lot of the so-called harassment in the Twitter space.

lol... That bar graph was showing the count of users in each report. That damn 1 guy! He's doing it all!

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. May 18, 2015, 03:09 Sepharo

He has a point. Can't really call someone a "single issue poster" when they have years of history showing otherwise.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Specs
31. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 16, 2015, 02:38 Sepharo

loomy wrote on May 16, 2015, 00:07:
the hardware is not the problem. there is almost nothing to DO with it

normal games are not compatible with VR in the way people imagine, so everything must be new

Facebook is developing games. And mark my words there will be some virtual social platform slash chatroom. That will be the killer app, essentially virtual meetings. That's not even hard to develop. Kids were nuts for this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Palace_(computer_program) . Then there was Second Life. Soon Facebook and Google are going to enter this and the experience will be far more tightly controlled but with a lot more polish. Chatroom avatars are back is my bet.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2015, 04:26.

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2015, 20:42 Sepharo

Rossini wrote on May 15, 2015, 20:21:
HorrorScope wrote on May 15, 2015, 18:25:
We just jumped the shark at the Horrorscope family. Dogs barks, doorbell rings, ask kid, "got someone coming over?", "yeah Alan". Dogs still barking, kid still just sitting there no inkling to go get friend at the door. "Are you going to go get him?". "Oh, I just texted him to come in". 5 seconds later "Comes in."

I've never in my life felt older than I do after reading this.

I was just saying in another forum that growing up in the 90s in the suburbs everyone left their doors unlocked during the day if they were home. If you were a kid at the door you were seen as being obnoxious if you knocked or rang the doorbell, you were expected to just come right in.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse May 15, 2015, 05:01 Sepharo

Grokk wrote on May 15, 2015, 03:53:
I was always under the assumption that contract workers were paid more per hour than fulltime workers? Is that not a thing in the US?

Not always. My company contracts a cleaning crew... they don't make more than anyone in the office I'd assume.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. May 12, 2015, 01:05 Sepharo

The Half Elf wrote on May 11, 2015, 21:26:
But how many people know the Leeroy Jenkins thing was staged?

Almost anyone who has ever seen it... point three three repeating of course.

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Launches
9. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Launches May 10, 2015, 03:09 Sepharo

OpticNerve wrote on May 10, 2015, 00:35:
Sepharo wrote on May 9, 2015, 23:35:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 9, 2015, 23:19:
RaZ0r! wrote on May 9, 2015, 19:50:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 9, 2015, 17:37:
It has to be the worst possible time to enter the MOBA market...

I agree. I think entering the MOBA market two years ago was too late much less entering now.

Yeah, now is kinda insane. Fucking Blizzard is releasing their MOBA any day now, on top of all the others. These guys are screwed. Definitely would have rather seen them make Sins 2. I enjoyed the first one enough that I'd probably get the second.

I coulda swore that people were already playing Heroes of the Storm... but checking its wiki article I guess the beta hasn't even started yet.

It's in beta now but it's going to be released soon. If people need some beta keys, I have a small handful remaining for HotS.

Oh I just noticed I misread the article. It's open beta that hasn't started... so I was right, I did know that people were already playing.
And I didn't imagine the Skype conversation of my friends

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Launches
7. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Launches May 9, 2015, 23:35 Sepharo

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 9, 2015, 23:19:
RaZ0r! wrote on May 9, 2015, 19:50:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 9, 2015, 17:37:
It has to be the worst possible time to enter the MOBA market...

I agree. I think entering the MOBA market two years ago was too late much less entering now.

Yeah, now is kinda insane. Fucking Blizzard is releasing their MOBA any day now, on top of all the others. These guys are screwed. Definitely would have rather seen them make Sins 2. I enjoyed the first one enough that I'd probably get the second.

I coulda swore that people were already playing Heroes of the Storm... but checking its wiki article I guess the beta hasn't even started yet.

News Comments > EverQuest Emulator Legal
22. Re: EverQuest Emulator Legal May 6, 2015, 23:21 Sepharo

harlock wrote on May 6, 2015, 06:51:
Sepharo wrote on May 6, 2015, 03:27:
In multiplayer games losing has consequence, you didn't win.
If you're not first you're last.

its the same with single player games, except theres no one else around to confirm that you are such a winner

some people need that kind of confirmation... they need that gold star, that pat on the back

Yeah to your earlier point, it is what you make it. The other guy who replied to me is still droning on about MMOs. Apparently he doesn't think keeping yourself at the top of a scoreboard of 32 players gets your heart pumping.

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2015, 03:36 Sepharo

Guys, Cutter is always right so you all need to take a step back and reanalyze the facts here.  

News Comments > EverQuest Emulator Legal
18. Re: EverQuest Emulator Legal May 6, 2015, 03:27 Sepharo

In multiplayer games losing has consequence, you didn't win.
If you're not first you're last.

29. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2015, 00:35 Sepharo

Our dogs like the cliched stuff... popcorn and ice cubes  

6836 Comments. 342 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo