Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeff

Real Name Jeff   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hornet303
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2003, 01:44
Total Comments 60 (Suspect)
User ID 17248

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Sep 11, 2012, 16:01 Hornet303

Or "maybe" people like a bit of variety in their games. I always liked the vehicle maps, but I never complained about Op Metro when it came across the rotation.

Then I read these online forums and find out that I'm stupid for thinking they're OK. Either that or apparently play it 24x7 to pad my stats, which I know isn't true. I guess I'm a stupid moron, bummer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Info Incoming
16. Re: Diablo III Patch Info Incoming Aug 9, 2012, 14:38 Hornet303

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 12:09:
I hate to say it, but I'm still playing Diablo 3 occasionally, no RMAH/GAH use. Act 3 Inferno so far on my barb with a dps/throw build, but need to farm more to really get through that act. Multiplayer with people I've known for 15+ years is still fun, farming solo is a bit boring. But, I can only imagine using the AHs would be even worse, zero feeling of achievement there.

Aside from the whole announcement to an announcement bullshit, hopefully these changes end up being positive. So far the fun aspects of Diablo 3 keep getting nerfed, it seems.

Although just in case, I'll try to actively finish Inferno on my barb now, in case something gets nerfed to pieces soon.

How can this be? Haven't you read on this forum that this game sucks?

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Screenshot
5. Re: Wasteland 2 Screenshot Jul 20, 2012, 16:59 Hornet303

Screen looks too bright.. apparently its w/o particle mapping or whatever. There is decent detail in there, but just seems a little cartoony to me. Im sure it will be fixed. It also mentions that the camera is adjustable so you can zoom out further etc.  

News Comments > The Witcher Hits 4M Sold
3. Re: The Witcher Hits 4M Sold Jul 11, 2012, 23:34 Hornet303

Not that its rock solid, but perhaps a decent guess at the console version of sales

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/46887/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
4. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 14:30 Hornet303

It's sad. I told myself I wont click on the Comments link anymore on this site, but I wanted to see the patch notes. It's almost like clicking on a link in an email that you know that you should just type in the URL yourself.

I started gaming on the PC in the early 80's and still keep up OK with the new releases on both console and PC. Its just sad to be able to predict how many people will post on any D3 news article who bash the living crap out of this game.

I bought D3 on release, Im playing 5-10 hours a week with friends and having a good time along the way. 1/2 way through nightmare right now.

Anyway, it just bums me out that the PC scene is so angry all the time. Its like seeing a spokesman for a certain group on TV representing your group. I just keep saying to myself "we're not all that bad, some people are content".

News Comments > Apple iPad Announced
5. Re: Apple iPad Announced Jan 27, 2010, 14:56 Hornet303

I suggest they replace the name with ipod touch fat.

News Comments > Conviction & RUSE Delayed, MP Assassin's Creed Plans
1. Re: Splinter Cell Conviction & R.U.S.E Delayed, MP Assassin's Creed Plans Jan 13, 2010, 13:57 Hornet303

Hopefully we'll get some info about Ghost Recon during E3 '10.  

News Comments > Infinity Ward on MW2 Servers
3. Re: Infinity War on MW2 Servers Oct 20, 2009, 15:19 Hornet303

What about what blizzard has done with WC3 and pretty much everything since then (non wow)? They provide their own matchmaking and they have done pretty well as far as I know. You can play ranked vs non-ranked as well as use mods. Wonder if IW has thought this far...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 9, 2009, 15:00 Hornet303

Epic fail, yet managed to make $1 million since its public beta release.  

News Comments > NWN2: Storm of Zehir Forecast for This year
3. Re: No subject Aug 19, 2008, 16:51 Hornet303

Did they fix the camera for the whole NW2 engine, or do you have to get the exp pack to get the new camera?

News Comments > Blizzard on Microtransactions and Consoles
8. Re: No subject Jul 31, 2008, 22:56 Hornet303

What is a bit deceiving about the whole Activision Blizzard is that Blizzard really had no control over it. If you go all the way back to pre-WOW days, there was always a big concern of Vivendi selling the games division (including Blizzard) which adds lots of uncertainty.

Now, Vivendi agreed to combine forces. Blizzard really has no control over it, and what you hear from blizzard could be considered marketing spin. This is what happens when youre dependant on your parent company to support the company during all the R&D (development time).

Now with wow, it really comes down to how much money Blizzard has agreed to pay Vivendi on all the transactions. That 75+ million they make a month most likely dosnt go sit in Blizzards pocket. Im sure Vivendi takes their percentage.

Anyway, it should be interesting to see what happens, but I kind of feel its going to be impossible for Blizzard to remain what it was. Whether its good or bad, yet to be scene.

News Comments > ETQW Patch Plans
15. Re: No subject Apr 15, 2008, 19:10 Hornet303

At the time (a month or so back) I picked up an OEM(no box) copy off Ebay for 15 bux shipped. Pretty good, well worth the price. There is a learning curve that will get most people. People dropping in will play it run and gun which wont net the best end user experience.

Not as much complexity and freedom as the Tribes series, but still pretty deep and relatively polished.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 19:11.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: No subject Mar 17, 2008, 15:28 Hornet303

Care to elaborate on what it breaks? I know MS sent out a list of software titles that have issues with it, but most of the vendors have patches or new versions that fix whatever breaks. But Im curious from a real-world point of view, im sure things will surface once it gets in users hands.

News Comments > Molyneux: PC Gaming "Huge Tragedy"
21. Re: bah Feb 20, 2008, 16:34 Hornet303

Agreed! Havent heard of Syndicate in years. That was one of the most difficult games of its time. Once they released the expansion maps/missions, I dont think I passed a single one. But very cool and satisfying game.

News Comments > New CoD4 Console Maps Coming
12. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 16:26 Hornet303

Please, keep in mind I have no real concrete info how many were bogus vs valid CD Keys. I don't know, but just glancing at the gamespy stats, things have dramatically reduced in size.

News Comments > New CoD4 Console Maps Coming
5. Re: PC Maps Feb 4, 2008, 14:53 Hornet303

16,000 Servers? That seems pretty high. Check out http://www.gamespy.com/stats

That lists most if not all the Gamespy based games. I dont have COD4, but I play Quake Wars and the number is pretty accurate for QW. The interesting thing is, a few weeks back Infinity Ward made a post saying they are super excited to see so many people playing, but were appalled by the amount of people using bogus keys.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50748

Id been following the numbers for a while, and COD4 has tons of players, but it seems that since the 1.5 patch, there are like 1/2 the players here used to be. Many times it was posting more than BF2 players, now its waay down the list.

My guess is they found a way to ban the bogus players, implemented the new patch and lost 1/2 PC user base.

Edited to provide piracy news link..
This comment was edited on Feb 4, 15:01.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4 Patch
5. Re: No subject Feb 1, 2008, 20:44 Hornet303

Good to see some people have good taste in music

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto IV in October?
9. Re: GTA IV? Jan 24, 2008, 14:44 Hornet303

GTA IV is the first true sequel to GTA III. Vice City and San Andreas were so-called spin-offs of GTA III. They are practically identical (slightly modified cars and slightly modified engine).

GTA IV is set to be a true sequel. I respect the fact that they didnt call VC and San Andreas full sequels, cause they were basically new songs, some new vehicles and new missions.

News Comments > Hellgate EULA Follow-up
39. Re: No subject Oct 24, 2007, 14:01 Hornet303

Frijoles,

Right about the nVidia poster. The alienware poster is new to me too. In a magazine, of course, but the general public has no idea what alienware is.

At least its not about loans and mortgages.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Update
12. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 14:15 Hornet303

Also, it should be noted that the new "minimal" UI is pretty good. Shrinks it up quite a bit.

60 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo