Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4013 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 8, 2014, 19:45 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 13:25:
...for a man considered the most influential non-USSC judge of the 20th century.

That right there could explain why our justice system is so fucked up. The guy is scary clueless.

Bingo. Whoever is the most responsible/influential of this mess, is the same as saying he's the biggest problem.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
30. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 12:04 HorrorScope

I think BN posters have made it clear you can bypass it if it isn't your thing. I don't think at all there should be some type of "don't go there in games" fence put up. To me that is just old people getting to a point and don't want change. Games are babies compared to movies, in time it will all be in games to.

In regards to gay and TV, you can now start to see some gay moments on TV. What I want to know is WTF happened to Lesbians? It was more "ok" being woman on woman than man on man, so why aren't we getting our share of lesbian scenes on TV? It's like it was skipped over, I want to stop and say "Wait a minute, I got my popcorn and roll more-ok lesbian scenes".

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 8, 2014, 10:45 HorrorScope

Nazi.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 7, 2014, 18:04 HorrorScope

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 16:08:
I think it could be argued that, as a single title, Skyrim is one of the most, if not the most, successful RPGs of all time. It's funny how people respond when you don't make the game an on-rails narrative, create a fascinating and massively open world and fill it with locations and lore that make you, the gamer, want to go back time and again. Also, making it incredibly easy to mod was a big plus as well.

And people want them to change the engine all the time. IMO they've finally got that engine under control with Skyrim.

So where do you think sales are at now between 5-7 million on PC?

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
36. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 7, 2014, 12:01 HorrorScope

If DA:I is as good or even better than Mordor I'll be very satisfied. Going through Mordor now, what a wonderfully produced game with what I feel is the best combat/action game in a RPG I've played yet.

DA:I really sounds like it needs a patch for the PC UI.

Were all different, but when I read "Nintendo had an amazing year. Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, DKC:Tropical Freeze, another Pokemon game, Kirby Triple:Deluxe.", that registers a total limp to me. Nintendo has had way too many years of that same ole stuff.

In general PC gaming in 2014 lived way outside the AAA world that most of that list reads.

Where is best tactical game? I played several very good one's this past 12. They'd fine the largest production one and give the award to it, but there were so many it should be a category.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
16. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Dec 6, 2014, 15:14 HorrorScope

When the general plea from the gamers was "a new spacefighter sim" (Tie/Wing/Free's), we get these Great Gift to Gamer versions of space sims. Where we would be happy just getting back to the basics, they want to make them best evers. We want it if they can deliver, we still have to see if procedural programming has come far enough to make it interesting. Here's a hot tip for an indy, just get back to what we had 10 years ago with updated gfx, there is a market there for you.  

News Comments > Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile
35. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 6, 2014, 12:55 HorrorScope

killer_roach wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 22:36:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 14:22:
Blackhawk wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 14:02:

Anachronox would be nice. Wizardry would be nice.

Yes, even though I'll take a updated Wiz 8 over Anac.

I'll gladly take either - I'm a huge fan of Anachronox, but Wizardry would be absolutely insane to see resurrected. Possibly even more so than Wasteland was.

I don't know how that setup isn't a thriving genre. You could make a strong argument that Dragon Age would be better served using their world (lore/engine) and having Wizardry 8 mechanics for combat. That gives you the RPG and Tactics people keep asking they want. But if not them, someone out there wanting to make a some jack from a solid forumla, it's just sitting there to be had. IMO D:OS being a 3d game, they could loosen the camera and we could make it a 1rst/3rd person perspective game and play it out similarly.

News Comments > Dying Light Specs Scaled Back
18. Re: Dying Light Specs Scaled Back Dec 6, 2014, 12:25 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 05:14:
lol, not worth a rant. it's worth a guide:

step 1) get mad at PC games that look like "shitty console ports"

step 2) get mad at PC games that look great because they use too much resources.

step 3) (this is a step for advanced users only, caution is advised) Get mad at games that use too much resources, BECAUSE they're shitty console ports.

BLUES GUIDE TO BEING A TROLL. all rights reserved.

Lots of truth other than it isn't mad, it may sound mad how you read it, but just your average every day bitching, bitching != mad.

But yes that is how it rolls. Blues lines'm up and we knock them down. One doesn't have to hit the comments section on comments you know where they'll be going. But that is what we do, you've figured it all out, the deal is it changes nothing. So then yours becomes a rant of a rant. Or as NIN would say a copy of a copy of a.

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
7. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 6, 2014, 12:16 HorrorScope

The AAA awards!
And Shovel Knight is the best of Indy? Hmmm.

12. Re: Dying Light Specs Scaled Back Dec 6, 2014, 03:43 HorrorScope

Iurand wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 02:50:
Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 21:52:
This game comes out on the PS4 and Xbone. It will not require more than 8GB of RAM. End of story.

But consoles have shared memory, so it can be 8GB on graphic card...

Right if the O/S didn't take any ram and the non-graphic card code didn't take ram.

6. Re: Dying Light Specs Scaled Back Dec 5, 2014, 22:24 HorrorScope

Uh huh. That was a quick lets wait and see...  

29. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 18:14 HorrorScope

Flatline wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 16:26:

This. They also are quite literally not sure how to approach the concept of computers and the net.

Remember when 4th ed came out and they initially promised a gargantuan suite of apps? Remember when all we got was a rather robust player character editor? And remember how as time went on that got nerfed into something that was barely useable, and you had to subscribe to use it?

They're doing it again with 5th edition. Originally they were going to have this gargantuan software suite called Dungeonscape. They recently shit-canned it because it was more ambitious than 5th ed was in totality.

Here's an article on the situation that was interesting to me:

http://www.madadventurers.com/dungeonscape-the-fellowship-of-the-thing/

Mearls is probably the worst thing to happen to D&D in the last 20 years.

This is one of the worst run franchises. They drop the ball so badly, if nothing else if they see an app that is bad ass they should reachout to the makers and get their franchise in it. It is a win for both.

Blackguard
D:OS
After POE comes out

They can see the end result and how their world would fit into it.

How they never came up with a true tileset-tb-online-coop version of DnD is ridiculous. They are getting pennies vs dollars moving to video online.

23. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 14:22 HorrorScope

Blackhawk wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 14:02:

Anachronox would be nice. Wizardry would be nice.

Yes, even though I'll take a updated Wiz 8 over Anac.

News Comments > Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed
35. Re: Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed Dec 5, 2014, 14:15 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 03:01:
there isn't any need to have a cpu that's 25-50% better, i can already run any game i want at 120fps. which brings the issue full circle. you need software to push hardware.

Come on... The reason is because they can't push it a lot more or it will start screeching. There are plenty of CPU bound games out there. But if you want to start bringing in next-gen AI and physics that is where we need a lot more power. Since we don't have that, they keep everything the same as it ever was. Currently in many cases we are buying the same game over and over. New set of sites, same game play. They only go so far because they can't really go much further before the CPU dies on them. That's my belief. I can use a lot faster cpu, but yes companies then have to up their game. Some sectors can just use faster cpu's now and the apps will scale now.

Like Star Citizen or anything else, we don't have it in our hands to know for sure. The specs for min are sky high, well see what the truth is on release. A lazy port should be far from scoffed off, it has happened too many times in the past. As others have said the min spec is almost assuredly wrong. And I'll bet a dough-nut 12 gigs runs great for recommended. Just using past experiences, final judgment set to reserved.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2014, 14:45.

26. Re: Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed Dec 5, 2014, 01:28 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 23:53:
so the question is, why? because the answer is "their current CPUs run everything". so why exactly do they need to make anything better?

Why to me is because if it is a lot better, 25%-50% for $200-$300 we'd buy it, $$$ to them. But it's 5%, pff.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 4, 2014, 23:51 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 10:58:
So when Iran does it, they be bad. But the U.S. foreign policy is the exact reason they would do any of this apparent hacking stuff, if they actually did it. First the U.S. authorized the illegal overthrow of Iran's leader in 1953, then the CIA's puppet leader Shah falls from power in 1979 when fundamentalists became furious when they found what the U.S. did to Iran. Then the Iran/Contra Scandal in which CIA figures lied under oath, THEN giving Iraq chemical weapons and arms to be used on Iran during the Iraq-Iran war.

The U.S. shall reap what it has sown.

I wish more would realize this. Somehow we are so brainwashed to the point that we think we are good and never lie (even though we have numerous reports of lying) and they are bad now question. To the point they know they are bad people, not that they have their own perspective on things and what they are doing is what feels right to them. Perfect for those that profit in war on both sides.

20. Re: Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed Dec 4, 2014, 22:04 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 21:21:
the big picture: "this game is demanding on hardware, don't expect to get a solid 120 FPS on a nice rig, don't expect 60 FPS on a 2-year old rig" that's what this story is about. and i'm all for more demanding games.

IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

Yeah if the game delivers true next gen, all for it. I am not at all for a demanding game that doesn't raise the bar, then it is what we call lazy for a lack of a much longer explanation.

That said, Intel doesn't have a next gen processor for us, they have basically the same chip game performance wise in about 20 chips.

13. Re: Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed Dec 4, 2014, 20:45 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 18:52:
can we stop getting out panties in a twist for games that actually push graphical requirements forward?

Because it us bull on one end or the other. Here is why this is bullshit.

Minimum a 670? One can't tell me a 660 wouldn't play the game. So when it does and it will be just a tad slower I guess the minimum was wrong.

Even more wrong is the processor. 2500k, a 2400 won't play it? One won't even see a difference between the two, be lucky to see a 1 fps difference.

In those two cases vc and proc, it's BS if I can go lower and it still plays well enough.

Total ram, well that one is more probable, depends on how they code it. It will be interesting to see if 16 gigs outplays 12 gigs, if it doesn't then 12 should be recommended. My guess is there will be next to no fps difference between 12 and 16 gigs.

I'm for pushing HW if it is truly pushing it, giving us new never seen before visuals and gameplay. Not just being lazy or in this case being wrong on minimum specs, the next steps down in all areas is very negligible.

My educated guess, using gaming history as my reference, it would me more like:
i5 or better (whatever the amd equiv is). I could see their being a difference between an i3 to i5.

Vc wise imo you have a handful of plateaus for demanding games. If the minimum for your game is a 670, you got problems imo. You better be raising the bar big time with visual/gameplay. The notches would be 550, 460, 650, 560 and 660 for a modern 3d game. I could see these as being reasonable levels where the bottom end could lie. The 660 bottom, better still be best game ever material, that is a high minimum.

I could see video ram being more of an issue than speed, but a 670 guarantees you nothing over a 660 ram wise. 2 gig is normal for each.

One can say "you can't say that you don't know", keep a tab on this one. If it is what they say it is and it matters that having anything just below minimum being very noticeable negatively then they are right. But what we'll see is specs directly under the minimum will play it very nearly the same as their minimum, meaning there is a lower true minimum. Otherwise they better be bringing "best ever" with them. I hope they do.

Been wanting to get this off my chest. IT IS TIME FOR INTEL TO STEP UP AND GIVE US A SHINY NEW REALLY IMPROVED PROCESSOR. Amd won't be pushing them and it is just time we get a nice bump, been swimming in the same area for years now, it is quite disappointing at this time.

EDIT: I see they also have a controversial pre order bonus game mode one supposedly can't get if they pre-order, which means one can probably get it after, for more $$$. Play as the monster.

$575 upgrade if you need proc, vc and ram.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2014, 20:56.

News Comments > Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale
22. Re: Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 4, 2014, 16:35 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 12:34:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 12:30:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 12:27:
Still 175K left of free Age of Wonders! Looks like it's going down about 1K every 3 mins. And that might accelerate as word spreads. There's probably only a couple of hours left before they run out.

How many will then play it past 1 hour?

Oh, I'm not going to play it. I just want it in my collection. It's a classic!

I kid, of course. I love old-school RTSs and missed this one the first time around. This is perfect for playing offline on business trips and such. Still, to your point, it would be interesting to see the the stats for how many people actually play the games given away for free.

Yes very good game. But I have to think a lot of people have a backlog and games like this are far from uncommon anymore. I do wonder how many people are really going to get into it. But it's free. Download it now! If they charge just a $1, it weeds out the contenders from the pretenders.

News Comments > Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale
13. Re: Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 4, 2014, 12:30 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 12:27:
Still 175K left of free Age of Wonders! Looks like it's going down about 1K every 3 mins. And that might accelerate as word spreads. There's probably only a couple of hours left before they run out.

How many will then play it past 1 hour?

4013 Comments. 201 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo