Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4205 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
15. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 11:29 HorrorScope

That is a lot of excuse masked as reasoning.

The game without the DLC is comically over priced to begin with and it goes down from there.

The industry hasn't changed a lot since L4D, if anything indie projects have grown. It wasn't that long ago, acts like it was 10 years ago.

Gamers will vote with wallets, we shall see.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity in March
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity in March Jan 14, 2015, 12:09 HorrorScope

2 days after GTA 5. Not much longer...  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
49. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 16:17 HorrorScope

^There we go. That's the crank it to 11 that this thread deserves!!!

Makes me wish I vested a lot more into this.

47. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 15:32 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 14:19:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 14:16:
Gib007 wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 14:12:
If GTA IV is anything to go by, GTA V on the PC will take the top supercomputers from the next decade to make it run smooth as butter at top settings. SPAGHETTI CODE, HERE WE COME!

I want to believe that the recommended settings listed are for 1080/60 with high settings. Please?

Max Payne 3 wasn't bad, right?

Don't know, didn't play it.

News Comments > Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details
4. Re: Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details Jan 13, 2015, 15:28 HorrorScope

More money? Wow they must think they are sitting on something big.  

39. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 14:16 HorrorScope

Gib007 wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 14:12:
If GTA IV is anything to go by, GTA V on the PC will take the top supercomputers from the next decade to make it run smooth as butter at top settings. SPAGHETTI CODE, HERE WE COME!

I want to believe that the recommended settings listed are for 1080/60 with high settings. Please?

News Comments > Writer's Guild Videogame Writing Award Nominees
10. Re: Writer's Guild Videogame Writing Award Nominees Jan 13, 2015, 00:33 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 23:17:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:58:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 18:41:
Julio wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 18:26:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:53:
Missed Shadowrun Dragonfall.

Agreed, clear miss there. At least DA:I isn't in the running.

Let me guess, you never played DA:I

Not directed at me, but...
I'll play it when they patch in what they said they would day 2 after release. They have gone completely radio silent at this point and I look at it as if no patch has been released because the one they did have did nothing if not create more issues.

I finished the game with nary a problem.

Thousands did, thousand finished a game you didn't like. My point is most acknowledge bad controls, they did day 2, said they'd fix and then nothing. Or put it another way... you've knocked games for less around here I'm sure. EA isn't living up on their end. Don't defend it.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 12, 2015, 20:01 HorrorScope

crypto wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:38:
Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:04:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:02:
Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:00:
Yeah, maybe if you have the hearing of Daredevil you might need a Pono, otherwise, no.

Needle and the damage done?

Yeah, stereo needle and huge fucking speakers.

Actually, there is a need for HD audio. There is a big difference between 128k and 256k audio but you need a quality stereo to notice and the right music.

This, this and more this. The quality we are fed streaming is good for headsets. But you put it on the stereo with speakers and crank it, most of it breakdown pretty badly, You can sense the low bit rate. Ripping CD's if not using CD's is still where it is at if you have the need to blast through speakers. I still have that need.

That said, who do you guys feel has the best quality downloads/streams?

7. Re: Writer's Guild Videogame Writing Award Nominees Jan 12, 2015, 19:58 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 18:41:
Julio wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 18:26:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:53:

Agreed, clear miss there. At least DA:I isn't in the running.

Let me guess, you never played DA:I

Not directed at me, but...
I'll play it when they patch in what they said they would day 2 after release. They have gone completely radio silent at this point and I look at it as if no patch has been released because the one they did have did nothing if not create more issues.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 12, 2015, 18:02 HorrorScope

Looking at the dude's pic, it looks like he'll enjoy it to.  

1. Re: Writer's Guild Videogame Writing Award Nominees Jan 12, 2015, 17:53 HorrorScope

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
2. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 12, 2015, 15:43 HorrorScope

Right V. But then doesn't is ssem like Sony is taking the Indy dev approach here? So I do wonder if it is going to have the AAA polish feel. To me it looks like it is taking the patch of another 1/2 dozen or so of these. Perhaps more money, better talent and tools will play a factor, we shall see. Will read up on it.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
44. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 14:12 HorrorScope

So I've read a couple times in the past the monthly review by each dept. Question: Has there ever been a not very good recap from a Dept in one of the months, like "We didn't get a lot done, because we got stuck on this or that. Or this happened that we didn't expect and has set us back?

I only ask because one I'm not that interested to read all of it each month, but the ones I did, was "Ding another good month over here captain". "We like to say the same as well, good month".

If it is all good months then these things are just part of the charade. I hope they have reported faithfully and with a project like this there had to be a not so good month every so often.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2015, 14:07 HorrorScope

1badmf wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 13:19:
apparently peyton's been playing with a torn left quad since december, which would explain the lack of ability to run. also those fluttering duck passes since he can't really drive his weight into his passes.

Yep get the excuse (I don't mean you) out after a lose to try to reason with it publicly.

News Comments > Evolve System Specs
6. Re: Evolve System Specs Jan 12, 2015, 13:20 HorrorScope

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 12:01:
Seems weird that they would support a display resolution that's likely out reach for many but don't have out of the box support for something that's likely much more common.

If by weird you mean dumb, then yes.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
39. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 21:23 HorrorScope

Here is a different setup...

Desk

Go down a few posts...

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
36. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 20:58 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 20:47:
I have knees in the way so I had to remove tray when I moved (I got massive height changeable desk instead) ~.~ I am not the largest dude ever when it comes to height, my desk is very low , nearly touching my knees, and my monitor is raised about 20cm. So no way to have keyboard in a tray (that's really my main problem, with X55 that thing is simply way too high on the desk. in front of me as well I need that lower than that the desk + desk plate is, that's 5cm at most but those are a real problem for ergonomic seating heh...

Bit stumped how to do this.. I mean there is still 5 cm I can go lower with the desk, currently I sit on a chair that's a bit raised but it'd make moving my legs around very annoying...

Right we all have our own setups and issues.

In my case I have a custom built table out from the wall that runs a little bit higher than a standard table. I then have my monitor on a box, for neck. So it works in my case.

The other thing I have though is I use a nostromo so I wouldn't really need to use a keyboard for the FPS part of Elite.

In general:
So where is your hotas?
Where is your keyboard?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 10, 2015, 20:49 HorrorScope

Mobiles don't they work on three tiers or ram.

Main ram usually 3 gig or less, an usually well less of 3 gig.
On board ram 16-64 gig
SD Card 1-128 gig.

I think when sort of comparing it in terms of how pc's work, the main ram is what you are talking about.

For exmaple Droid Razer HD has 1 GB of main ram.

33. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 20:39 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 20:30:
Can I ask you how you arrange your hotas setup? Because there is noway I can sit comfortable on my PC desk with all that stuff lined up next to each other the throttle or joystick, or mouse/kb would be nearly on the other side of the desk... and I'd get neck pain nearly instantly from reaching around that far and holding joystick or throttle for a long time

On top the desk in front of monitor (which is raised, good for neck) is the hotas. The mouse to the right side assuming right-handed. Then have a keyboard slider under the desktop that pulls out. To me that works.

23. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 18:43 HorrorScope

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 18:34:
Wildone wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 17:40:
its already good on the Rift, so how much more on the CV1?! Im lovin the immersion
The problem with Elite on the Rift (and SC, and anything else going this route) is that it works great as a seated experience with HOTAS in hand, but what happens when switching into FPS mode? Now you have to fumble around, unable to see your desk, until you find your mouse and keyboard. And then back, to take off. Interdicted, prepare for boarding? Prepare to switch controls again. And back. And forth. Over. And over.

There is another vr tech that had a mode where you press a button and you can see outside the Rift for things like you are talking about. Does anyone know if they have discussed that for the Rift consumer? At the same point I think most can feel their way back to K/M, to their beverage... maybe a bit more worrisome.

4205 Comments. 211 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo