Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3878 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds
9. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds Nov 15, 2014, 13:35 HorrorScope

I knew they shouldn't had used the Unity engine.

Now we know why Jade left the company.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
28. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 15, 2014, 10:36 HorrorScope

1badmf wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 02:14:
early reviews are promising, in the B+/A- region.

That means nothing, DA2 right?

What is different is we know we have a massive world, their biggest world ever in any game they made. Huge plus.

Tactics are in. That was a big whine of DA2. Plus.

Those two alone were really imo the main complaints of DA2 and many loved DAO and I haven't seen any negatives this game has to DAO, just see more pluses.

So everything is pointing up, I still wait at least a few days, not sure how you guys get through so many games so fast. Guessing you play them a little and then jones for the next. I still have a hard time finishing what I have and still have a saturation of games.

I am very excited long term with Bioware using Frostbite, sorely needed.

News Comments > Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released
21. Re: Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released Nov 15, 2014, 10:25 HorrorScope

Now we need Scott Adams Adventures ported to the pc.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Things IT people never say Nov 14, 2014, 20:41 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 15:57:
My only wish is that they just not cap the framerate on the PC version. We are just going to remove the cap anyway via a tweak or fix anyway.

Right. They don't need to cap it, we will if we choose to. Stop treating us like console gamers, we know the ropes.

News Comments > Grass Simulator Early Access
13. Re: Grass Simulator Early Access Nov 14, 2014, 16:04 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 10:34:
Prez wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 10:29:
Is this supposed to be clever or something?
Have you watched the video? It will just make you even more confused. Guns and cows and disco lights?
Whatever these guys were smoking I need some!

There's some deep dimensional shit there, need grass for grass.

News Comments > Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change "Any Time Soon"; DX10 Support Unlikely
32. Re: Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change Nov 14, 2014, 16:01 HorrorScope

jimnms wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 13:54:
Anyone here that doesn't already have 8GB of RAM in your gaming system, raise your hand...

Hand up.

I have 16GB and run a ram based cache.

If you don't have at least 8, get it on Mom's Christmas list to you.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
20. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 14, 2014, 14:07 HorrorScope

Henry Dorsett wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 21:08:
You know, I think the most important part of this story about an "acclaimed sci-fi writer" is that you can become one with a novella and a bunch of short stories.

A novella. Not a novel. A fucking novella. Which, if you don't know, is a very small (almost-)novel.

I guess I just need to stop being a straight white male American and I can be a famous writer, too! God knows I've written, even if not published, more than she has. Or is it that I just have to be a more vile human being? It's so hard to tell what the literary judges want these days...

(NOTE: I'm afraid my sarcasm might be missed. Obviously, the best way to become an award-winning sci-fi author is to, first and foremost, get published. You have to do all the trolling and other such after publication.)

This goes in line with a thought I have.

Go down to Amateur Night at the Improve and do a stint.

This stint is to tell the audience you are doing it because when you are a comedian, then you are allowed to say anything and it slide off you, because "hey, he's a comedian". I feel that is a very powerful moniker to have, gives me a whole lot more leeway.

So that would be my gist, once done, put the card in my walled, true freedom of speech for a 5 minutes work. WIN!

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2014, 13:56 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 12:49:
Things IT people never say

"You're right, I've changed my mind. I WILL support your personal laptop!"

I haven't made it to the article to know if you are quoting or not... But that one is indeed fact.

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2014, 13:52 HorrorScope

1badmf wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 10:25:
there are still people in the 30fps camp?!? man i used to be one of them, like, 15 years ago. that was my first real taste of bumping up against my own ego, when my friend showed me a quake game side by side, rendered in 30 and 60 fps. clear difference. that was the first time i can remember being unequivocally wrong in my adult life, and i'm glad i chose the path of truth where a lot of people would just argue endlessly because they con't actually care about the truth and just cant suffer the embarrassment to their ego of being wrong. just thought i'd share that interesting tidbit in my evolution as a person =D

Trying to talk us back into it because that is all they can give us. Politics of gaming. I recall in the later 90's there was a MS initiative on the PC for 1024x768 at 60 fps, not 30, 60. Because they knew.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2014, 11:54 HorrorScope

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 11:50:
Then walk in and order it and get it to go? Chipolte isn't fast food, it's 'fast casual'.

But it's ok to lie about a child with a major illness to get muffin's? And if you don't have enough time to sit down and eat at a Chipolte, and are asking for a drive-thru, why the fuck do you care what the people are doing inside the B&M in the first place? And who the hell said that Chipolte was the place to go gather at socially?

It's ingredients are in a bucket, they spoon it on thin bread and roll it and wrap it. Spade. It's good, but it's not like it is freshly prepared just for your order. You look at 12 buckets and make your choice of what they spoon.

Dude the Muffins is a joke, it's about being witty when they respond one way, you counter with something in another way. No I really wouldn't use that... but most likely something else.

I don't care what the fuck people do in Chip's, my point was they thought they had a magical restraunt environment. It's an open, cold area with basic tables and the people 1/2 of them are on the internet. This isn't a pristine social gathering. IMO get over yourself thinking you are at some high water level.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2014, 10:52 HorrorScope

This dude's a conservative, thinks everyone is like him...

Many people shop online to save money and avoid tax; who doesn't want to save a buck? However, online shopping is more than just savings; it is a great way to avoid leaving the house too. Don't get me wrong, I like going out to a nice restaurant or the beach, but a trip to the mall or store like Walmart is enough to drive me insane. Human beings can be very annoying and for whatever reason, Walmart appears to attract some of the most annoying. If you take a trip to that retailer, you can expect people that smell, crying children, and for reasons unknown, butt-cracks. Don't ask me why, but Walmart shoppers don't seem to wear belts, so their buttocks often peak out to say hello.

Today, it is revealed that all Walmart stores will begin price-matching Amazon and other online retailers. On the surface, you might think Amazon is in trouble, but I say otherwise -- even if the prices are on parity. I personally would avoid Walmart even if it was beating Amazon's prices, just to maintain my sanity. Getting a package delivered is just easier. Do you agree?

A real people person... His whole article is these people are sub-human and I can't be associated with them, far from the topic imo. My question is "how easy is it for walmart for a cashier to verify the price match and will it be an argument or a hassle?"

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2014, 11:47.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2014, 10:41 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 10:12:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 09:40:
White Xbox Ones Selling Out, Microsoft Not Likely To Replenish Stock.

Leave it to Microsoft to drop the ball when they finally come up with something popular.

That sort of stupidity never ceases to amaze me. It's like this one bakery I used to go to. Their blueberry-banana muffins were insanely good and always sold out in no time at all. So they'd have a bunch of other stuff no one was buying, and everytime you'd suggest they should make less of those and more of the former they'd look at you like you're nuts and reply that you should get their earlier to buy them. Derp!
Rolleyes

That's when you counter with, "I take care of a child with leukemia in the morning and cannot make it over in time".

Or Chipolte, asked at their website to add drive in's, I would tend to use them more. They responded kindly but the gist was they felt they had a superior restaurant experience. Yeah whatever makes you sleep at night, I'm just saying you'd at least get much more sales from me. Don't have time often to go in and sit down to eat. Maybe they need to go into their B&M's and notice half the people at any given time have their noses in their phones, yes a supreme social gathering indeed.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2014, 11:42.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog
39. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 13, 2014, 19:42 HorrorScope

Steams thumbs up rating, 45%. My line is 80% thumbs up on Steam. Ouch.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
5. Re: Hardware Reviews Nov 13, 2014, 19:06 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 09:47:
"Nexus 6 is slower than the Nexus 5" - ouch!

Really? Wow. It's hard to get a Nexus 5 from a carrier now, it was such a great bargain and a good price. 6 is a bit too big, a lot more and now slower? WTF? Went with the LG G3 recently, would have got another Nexus 5.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 13, 2014, 19:02 HorrorScope

Seventyfive wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 15:20:
Beamer wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 12:37:
edit - not defending Obama here, just saying that receiving the most money from cable companies is more a function of him being in the highest office, not a function of him being bought. This does not mean he isn't bought, or heavily influenced, just means that any President we had under this system would be the greatest recipient of money from virtually any non-partisan company.

I understand, I'm just trying to enlighten the people who seem to blindly trust Obama because "he cares about people like us". In other news for these people... "Jonathan Gruber".

I would say it's more we all know it's shit and possibly we are picking the lesser of two evils. But even then we aren't really sold that there is a lesser. So you make an image of what you think each side represents, doesn't mean that actual person represents jack.

37. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 13, 2014, 18:53 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 17:39:
Yes, they "future proofed" their game. Whatever. The last game (and really about the only game) that claimed that was Crysis, and 8 years later, it still runs like a one-legged pig, even on machines and graphics cards that have have roughly ten times the power of the ones we originally played it on, so I just call flatout bullshit on any dev/publisher that claims that.

This. You can push it, but a $500 VC with a top proc should still run the game well at 1080P. Otherwise you can't buy your way to good performance and what you spend $60 for a shit experience today?

14. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 13, 2014, 12:02 HorrorScope

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 11:52:
Also, TB did a 15 minute rant on technical issues and some game play shortcomings and didn't come close to finishing the game. Anyone who considers that a review has a really weird definition of that word.

And on top of that a lot of these video reviewers really suck at playing many games. So we take the word of someone who plays little and isn't all that good. It could be right, but they could be way off to. Face it to be a video reviewer you have to have the voice/personality for it to work, actually doing a lot more than that... not required.

11. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 13, 2014, 11:51 HorrorScope

DarkCntry wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 11:35:
Deathman29 wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 11:24:
I have the game for the Xbox One and about 5-6 hours into it. I haven't found any bugs yet. Frame rate issues, there have been a few spots where it reaaaaly slows down, and it all dealt with the angle you were looking at a church in my case when I was hanging onto it.

Otherwise game runs good, frame rates I know aren't the best but totally playable from my stance on it.

Steam says I'm 14 hours played, and I've only hit one bug and it had to do with the actor mouths moving out-of-sync with the voices.

Playing on an i7-3770K, 16GB RAM, HD7970 on High quality...this marks the third game where a great amount of people have complained about the quality that is a complete 180 from my own experiences.

I'm almost afraid of when I finally do hit a game/program that does break, I'm sure it'll be glorious and I expect my system to implode.

Yeah that happens to. There is a group that it is ULTRA or nothing. So if you listen to them and in this case seems like a lot of the bad is coming from them, it may fit your need or not. I've almost always have found a sweet enough spot in any game. I wouldn't know about this one particular, AC's are far from day one purchases for me.

News Comments > Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity
30. Re: Ubisoft on AMD & Assassin's Creed Unity Nov 13, 2014, 11:30 HorrorScope

Slick I get your point, but I also get the other who counters with this thought:

Yes we do like games to push the boundaries but top end systems should be able to run the game well. If you make something that top-end games can't run, that is pushing too far ahead. Then it becomes design and optimization.

What we always find out in general is a good system vs a top end system, when you start adding in certain new things, it makes them all very close in performance once again. It's when we are in a comfort zone you can see the FPS difference between setups. But you push it too far and everything struggles.

So I would think a top i7 with a single 980 should run everything near ultra in any game should be at least around 60. A sli that is > than 980 should be easily past that. Then you have to start thinking a little more ahead and 120 frames may be more important.

This game maybe a new good CPU benchmark game, but it seems for the general populace it isn't quite in a happy zone for playing with them.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 13, 2014, 10:47 HorrorScope

Perception, very little privacy and very little security. I'm not sure how anyone could come to any other conclusion. The internet should be deemed a public place conversation wise.  

3878 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo