Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4455 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released
23. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released Feb 25, 2015, 11:45 HorrorScope

If you stick to the main in Skyrim, hell Mordor may have more content.

My oldest started playing Skyrim around noon day one, was done with the game by 3 am. Shelved.

I felt there was enough content in Mordor and what you want to see if it tightened up and expanded on in the next release, imo that is all they need to do.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2015, 11:40 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 11:22:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 11:02:
Without any furhter delay... The Everlasting Light

This is where it started, a ceiling light for the Theater:

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv354/HorrorScope67/20150225_074623.jpg

This is it besides it's cousin that just doesn't have the same umph. This light has been on for a number of years now, non-stop:

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv354/HorrorScope67/20150225_074252_1.jpg

Reminds me of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_Light

That one is probably a little easier to explain since it has a power source that the filament just hasn't broke.

Where in the Everlasting Light, the battery should have drained eons ago, but walla something still powers the light it emits. Some say it is some chemical reaction going on in the battery chamber, others just think it is proof of a greater power. I actually gravitate towards the latter, I can use all the divine help I can get. All I can say is it isn't any bull, something has happened there.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2015, 11:02 HorrorScope

Without any furhter delay... The Everlasting Light

This is where it started, a ceiling light for the Theater:

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv354/HorrorScope67/20150225_074623.jpg

This is it besides it's cousin that just doesn't have the same umph. This light has been on for a number of years now, non-stop, powered by a AA battery which seems everlasting:

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv354/HorrorScope67/20150225_074252_1.jpg

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2015, 11:36.

News Comments > DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing?
6. Re: DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing? Feb 25, 2015, 10:15 HorrorScope

ldonyo wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 09:57:
I'd be more interested in how Windows would handle the two different video device drivers running two separate video cards that are, in turn, trying to access the same display device at the same time.

Wasn't there another promise, I believe for Win7 where each game could have and load it's own video driver for maximum compatibility. I don't think it ever happened, but they touted it prior to release.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Feb 24, 2015, 20:48 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 19:18:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 19:03:
Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 18:45:
Same. They're an evil company too IMO so avoid them like the plaque. I'm trying to get my money back from those fuckers now. Just look at the neg reviews, they're spot on.

Also, why do you think they're evil? Because development seems to have ground to a halt?

No because they like to engage in censorship. They lock and delete posts all the time. I called them on it and got banned from the Steam forum for it. If it was their board I could have cared less, but Steam isn't their fucking property. And there are few things in this world that make me as irate as censorship.

Two questions, the first is good to know stuff... Did you get your rights back for Steam Forums?

Second, reviewing the game and knowing you from your posts, why in the hell do you buy this game? Sure it has a good Overwhelmingly Positive score which is a nice start, but it doesn't take long at all in the forums to know "not ready yet".

News Comments > Lionsgate & Telltale Partner on The Super Show
1. Re: Lionsgate & Telltale Partner on The Super Show Feb 24, 2015, 20:03 HorrorScope

They have something here, but they also are creating some problems for themselves, mainly too much going on at once and they can't really deliver well enough with what they have going now. Right now they have 2 or 3 series out and shit they have to have near another 1/2 dozen they've talked up but we haven't seen anything and now even more? These are pretty cool, but I'm not sure how far you can go so quickly without a saturation issue.  

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
59. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 19:59 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 19:37:
it's probably because their first quarter financials are already looking good, so they want to pad their second quarter financials by pushing this a few weeks back.

Someone mentioned Heist hasn't been released. Is this suppose to release for the Sony/MS prior to the PC release? If so perhaps they want it to be exclusive to consoles for a bit longer.

As for people being butt hurt in anyway in this thread, that is how it works here. IMO no game is or should be given special treatment. Obviously a well enough adjusted person will be able to deal with this delay.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2015, 18:03 HorrorScope

When I get home I'll take a pic. It isn't like I can prove it's been on for that long to anyone but my family and perhaps some friends I've shown. I could put it on a 24/7 cam and stream it and then watch the next 5 years as no one tampers with it.

But at least you'll see the miraculous everlasting light, divine it is. I'm a believer!

News Comments > SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week
35. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 24, 2015, 12:37 HorrorScope

Tom wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 22:57:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 21:48:
What get me about a year or so ago, I thought they laid off the team, shared a little knowledge to OR, said some inherent problems not over come, perhaps I may even recall some of the laid off team doing something on kickstarter.
They laid off Jeri Ellsworth, apparently due to office politics and/or personality/culture clash. She got Gabe's permission to continue her AR work as her own project, CastAR, which did have a Kickstarter.

Yep that be it. So they had that plus some other "xR" depts still on-going. Thanks.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2015, 12:19 HorrorScope

I have a few wall lights that are battery powered, they are spotlights for reading.

One won't shut off and when I mean that, I mean ever. The power button does nothing. I'll assume physically removing the batter will do the trick.

But I'm talking like 4 years now it has been on, the others I've replaced the batteries a couple/few times and I shut them off when done, as they'd probably only last a couple days being on non-stop.

However I have this one, not sure how the chemical reaction happened within it, but its a miracle. I now call it the Light that looks over me and is as good a sign as I need that everlasting light does exist.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released
3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released Feb 24, 2015, 12:11 HorrorScope

So the current score, pixel characters killed:

Shadow Of Mordor Players Have Killed 5.65 Billion Uruks

Hatred, zero.

As for this DLC, sounds promising.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
14. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 12:07 HorrorScope

Sloppy port incoming warning... I have to say it because anyone other game would get the same flack, esp. since the last GTA was totally that.

Like Xero, no real rush, when it releases for the pc, to me it would be like it's first release ever, the other platforms don't exist over here.

16. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 23, 2015, 21:48 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 21:35:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 21:14:
My Oculus Rift DK2 arrived today.
I'm itching to get home and put it on.
Might be joining those crazy Elite: Dangerous folks.

I was waiting out the retail product but I heard the release date is still "hopefully it will be out before 2016". So that's a maybe on this holiday season... Decided I can't wait that long on a maybe.

the best oculus game out there is called WindLands. but beware, no other game will come close as far as that "feeling" of movement and immersion, so i'd recommend doing it last.

I'm REALLY interested in this steam VR thing, industry insiders have been talking about it for years, that valve built a really crazy lab to develop this tech, and anyone who's witnessed it first-hand has walked away in a stupor. we haven't had any details, and now we have a product that's ready to demo, this will be very interesting to see.

What get me about a year or so ago, I thought they laid off the team, shared a little knowledge to OR, said some inherent problems not over come, perhaps I may even recall some of the laid off team doing something on kickstarter.

13. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 23, 2015, 20:58 HorrorScope

clint wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 20:21:
announcements announcements. They are killing me.

True.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
13. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 20:53 HorrorScope

PropheT wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 20:34:
The larger the company, the more cliques you'll find. Some were controlled by women, who only hired women. Some were only Indian (pretty common on some of our dev teams), and only hired Indian, but the one constant among all of those is that cronyism was a factor in how people were hired, fired, assigned work, and advanced. We'll just call it "networking" to make it PC, and then it's ok.

Pretty much.

Yeah anyone using hostile to me seems to be over-stating or working at a small shitass. I can't believe too many companies of size put their liable necks out there to tolerate hostile.

PropheT wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 20:34:
"Men need to be the ones that are advocating and pushing for women to rise up, and not just rely on the 1% of women who are already at the top to do it," Sieber said.

It's statements like that that make me think it's not going to get better, either, because nobody seems to recognize the real issue. My last workplace was already hiring underqualified people to fill a demographic and it was makings things worse, not better, as the boys circled the wagons to keep their people close.

Right. It is stupid to think men will just for some reason say "You know, I'll stay here, go ahead, we need to fill in the demographic numbers, that is best for me, you and everyone.". It's crazy to even write a fairy tale like that.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 19:59 HorrorScope

vacs wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 18:08:
What's all this talk about improving boot times? Are you guys booting like 30 times a day that it matters at all?

I boot my computer once a day and I really couldn't care less whether it takes 20 or 30 seconds to see my desktop because I need 60 seconds to get my coffee ready before I start to work on my PC... Seriously guys, first world problems

Right and the guy right above you Mr XP. As good as XP was, you were a lot more inclined to have to reboot it because it is acting up, at any point of the day. That is when boot time mattered. So the talk about boot is almost like too late to a party. Wow great you have a fast boot time, but you no longer really need that.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 19:42 HorrorScope

I'm sure there is some merit to it all but I've been around the block with this, women in this case also have esteem issues and when it doesn't go their way start digging a bit too deep as to why and it is easy to feel it must be sexism.

But things in the article like:

"lack of a clear career path"

That is far from a sexist thing. Lots of places have that problem. But in many cases it becomes an issue of numbers. It is hard to keep climbing, it doesn't take that many levels before you are an executive and there is just a lot of competition.

Not getting the promotion:
Chou pressed for an explanation, she recalled him saying: "It's just this feeling I have that this person will be able to get stuff done faster than you."

Why can't it be that? Seems reasonable why one person is picked over another. Doesn't sound cheap, getting things done is a huge part of promotion.

I'm sure there are issues, issues are everywhere. But I'm sure some of this is just not being able to accept the intricacies of it all. One thing I've found in a relationship a dude can do the same thing over and over forever (See BN's posters, amiright?), women (generally speaking) don't work in that manner they want new fresh things more often. That is why to keep a girl you need to be up for anything and not a deadbeat. So they want to move up to something new more often lets say... so they get disappointed more when it doesn't happen and get frustrated and then start assuming things, sometimes right, sometimes wrong. The dude just sits back and rolls with it a bit better.

I could be wrong.

5. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 23, 2015, 19:14 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 19:12:
Someone on this forum called it a few weeks ago that Steam would be debuting VR. Congrats to that person.

Was it Steam or was that the Nvidia 5 years in the making bit?

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 18:03 HorrorScope

Julio wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 17:00:
So Windows 10 really doesn't have anything new to offer me based on that article. Good to know, staying with Win 7 then.

900% faster games?

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 17:59 HorrorScope

Flo wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 09:38:
I switched to Win 8 right away due to the faster boot times.
Who cares about a few colored tiles when you get SPEED.

With Verno.

I don't reboot (but a few times per year), fastest start-up times ever.

I know people still use that a lot, but really things running well, it's a near meaningless boot times any more. Sleep conserves quite well.

4455 Comments. 223 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo