Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4195 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hatred Earns AO Rating
21. Re: Hatred Earns AO Rating Jan 17, 2015, 11:45 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 00:44:
You all need to go back to sucking Jack Thompson's dick and stop pretending you haven't murdered zillions of pixel people over the years with very thin pretenses of justification. Including innocent pixel people and cop pixel people.

Suddenly some people make a game that doesn't attempt to justify or make excuses for it's "protagonist" and everyone is offended. Check your hypocrisy.

I'm with you. One of our most verbal members has a 2x4 up his ass so far on this one, but a week or so ago another censorship/freedom post came up and he was so Pro-freedom, that how it was worded had to be ok with Hatred existing, because we just have to be allowed to.

It's hard to see ourselves sometimes. As I grew older a lot of "can you believe people do that?" comes up and really I've been that person to from time to time. We all are asshole drivers, you drive, from time to time you are an asshole on the road, for other drivers perspectives.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
47. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 11:39 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 19:29:
Do NOT preorder this, even if you previously purchased and enjoyed a console version. For the love of god, wait until the quality of the port is assessed and stop fucking pre-ordering shit until you know if they've given our platform the respect it deserves.

Right. If $50'ish dollars really matter to you, I'd suggest waiting to be sure.

Each release is just that, one can point to GTA 4, sucked. But Max Payne good! Well Ubi was on a roll for a while with good ports and looked what happened in 2014? We don't know what is going on behind scenes, this industry isn't below fucking it up royally.

News Comments > H1Z1 Refunds
36. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 17, 2015, 11:35 HorrorScope

Overon wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 01:24:
Gamers don't have the courage of their convictions. It will be like the boycott COD group playing the new COD on day one. Few players will ask for refunds percentage wise. The devs know this and this is a pr win with low monetary cost.

Or another possibility. That each person speaks for themselves, so when 10 people come here and whine, ultimately it is 10 people not 10,000. Those getting their money back are getting what they want. Those not asking for money back are getting what they want. The people you speak to seem to be people that want their money back, but rather complain about it then go getting it, imo that will be few. It isn't near everyone that wants their money back and we have to respect that, that what we conclude isn't always what another will do.

SOE has 3 large scale games in beta/dev: H1, Landmark and Next, the two we can get our hands on... wow they have a lot of work in front of them and a LOT OF DIRECTION needed. I wonder if this is what past projects looked like internally and now we see it, or if they've slid a bit back, I know Landmark while in some ways pushing the envelope forward a game needs to be in there to.

News Comments > H1Z1 Refunds
12. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 16, 2015, 20:21 HorrorScope

So ok we have a lot of these open world survival games.

The beni that this game can bring is a monster development team.

So perhaps they can take it to levels we haven't seen.

They are having server issues, yes they will go away, but indies have done it better out of the gate. Indies actually give us more freedoms to.

But then the devastating blow of buying weapons, gear and ammo with real money trying to hide that with drops. They talked about how they were going to keep it to non-competitive purchases and then come out with possibly the most lopsided way to give an advantage if you spend. Then defending it by not taking it back, but offering refunds to those that don't like it, pretty much saying "the way drops are, are final", I will never play a game like that, I know many won't, some will. But they just kicked a lot of players out with this, right now I am out no matter what they do if they keep that.

It can rebound, but it now has double the red flags up from me.

Edit: Read smedley remarks, he understands it needs tweaked, understands right now as it sits, PTW. Will have to see how they tweak guns, ammos and armor purchases that aren't PTW.

News Comments > MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers
44. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 13:18 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 11:48:
you know what would actually be a cool feature? if windows 10 had a gaming feature that would just lump all of your titles on your harddrive across all different publishers all into one simple list. (they used to do something like that i remember, pre everything being digital)

So there could just be one service that runs lite versions of steam, origin, uplay etc. in the background that you'd never even have to know existed. All you see if you list of installed games, click on them, then play.

I mean that would be a killer app regardless if M$ makes it or not.

That is about all the probably can do now and if they/someone did it right, I can see the benefit. MS could have had 30% (like Steam) of all PC sales with just keeping the Software Service updated and running. No cost of HW, buying exclusive, no retail costs. They spent a lot of money on something they could have spent little on and made a killin. LOL totally missed it. On guy in MS knew, he had to leave the company to show them, but he is just a sliver, a large sliver, but not the whole.

18. Re: MS: Windows 10 Jan 16, 2015, 10:22 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 09:42:
I want to know what makes W10 the best for gamers on the PC?

My guess is:
-share your gamertag between xbox and PC
-touchscreen support
-native xbox controller support
-kinect camera compatible with windows pc
-smart glass
-I don't know some other bullshit noone cares about we'll figure it out as we go

Hope support won't get cut anytime soon for Win7

-Use the power of the cloud?
Boy that one fell fast on its face, instead they have to take cores back from Kinect and O/S tasks, lol. The cloud did exactly what educated gamer thought.

17. Re: MS: Windows 10 "Best" OS Ever Created for Gamers Jan 16, 2015, 10:21 HorrorScope

I for one, believe them.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 15, 2015, 22:19 HorrorScope

Jivaro wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 10:41:
Beamer wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 20:23:
nin wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 19:51:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 19:49:
In his defense, when Annie Hall was written, TV was trash. The Love Boat, Brady Bunch, Happy Days, Three's Company, etc.

Maybe he can do a show about molesting children!

Can Roman Polanski co-create?

Maybe they can get Bill Cosby to be in it.

Featuring Jerry Sandusky, with a retrospective by Mike Jackson and an Outro by the Roman Catholic Church.

News Comments > WildStar Changes Planned
2. Re: WildStar Changes Planned Jan 15, 2015, 12:26 HorrorScope

Maybe these are all great changes, how many people really go back and see for themselves? Tough roads ahead.

What I find amazing is mmo with years of patch notes a mile long... as basically it all plays the same still, relatively speaking.

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
20. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 12:23 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 11:45:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 11:29:
Gamers will vote with wallets, we shall see.

Gamers are idiots, they fed the beast that became steam and MMO's thereby paving the way for always online DRM.

The free market can only exist if you have people intelligent enough to make valid decisions and punish companies, otherwise you get criminal behavior.

Leave personal emotion out of it and if gamers are smart or stupid...

If they make money at it then it was right for them. We can voice are opinion and we individually can or not buy the game.

Put it this way, the existence of PC Gaming doesn't hinge on this game being a success or not, so we don't need to worry at a level like that. They don't give me what I want, I go elsewhere, doesn't mean it will be a failure for them.

In my review, I just don't see why the cost of this game is so high for what they are giving, let alone if the game is really really fun.

As someone said UT back in the day gave a lot more bang for the buck, for less. MP Games are funny, there isn't a fresh story, however people buy these reoccurringly and the value has dropped significantly over the years as they take away features. But if that is what makes them happy...

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
15. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 11:29 HorrorScope

That is a lot of excuse masked as reasoning.

The game without the DLC is comically over priced to begin with and it goes down from there.

The industry hasn't changed a lot since L4D, if anything indie projects have grown. It wasn't that long ago, acts like it was 10 years ago.

Gamers will vote with wallets, we shall see.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity in March
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity in March Jan 14, 2015, 12:09 HorrorScope

2 days after GTA 5. Not much longer...  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
49. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 16:17 HorrorScope

^There we go. That's the crank it to 11 that this thread deserves!!!

Makes me wish I vested a lot more into this.

47. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 15:32 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 14:19:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 14:16:
Gib007 wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 14:12:
If GTA IV is anything to go by, GTA V on the PC will take the top supercomputers from the next decade to make it run smooth as butter at top settings. SPAGHETTI CODE, HERE WE COME!

I want to believe that the recommended settings listed are for 1080/60 with high settings. Please?

Max Payne 3 wasn't bad, right?

Don't know, didn't play it.

News Comments > Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details
4. Re: Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details Jan 13, 2015, 15:28 HorrorScope

More money? Wow they must think they are sitting on something big.  

39. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 14:16 HorrorScope

Gib007 wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 14:12:
If GTA IV is anything to go by, GTA V on the PC will take the top supercomputers from the next decade to make it run smooth as butter at top settings. SPAGHETTI CODE, HERE WE COME!

I want to believe that the recommended settings listed are for 1080/60 with high settings. Please?

News Comments > Writer's Guild Videogame Writing Award Nominees
10. Re: Writer's Guild Videogame Writing Award Nominees Jan 13, 2015, 00:33 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 23:17:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:58:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 18:41:
Julio wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 18:26:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:53:
Missed Shadowrun Dragonfall.

Agreed, clear miss there. At least DA:I isn't in the running.

Let me guess, you never played DA:I

Not directed at me, but...
I'll play it when they patch in what they said they would day 2 after release. They have gone completely radio silent at this point and I look at it as if no patch has been released because the one they did have did nothing if not create more issues.

I finished the game with nary a problem.

Thousands did, thousand finished a game you didn't like. My point is most acknowledge bad controls, they did day 2, said they'd fix and then nothing. Or put it another way... you've knocked games for less around here I'm sure. EA isn't living up on their end. Don't defend it.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 12, 2015, 20:01 HorrorScope

crypto wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:38:
Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:04:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:02:
Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:00:
Yeah, maybe if you have the hearing of Daredevil you might need a Pono, otherwise, no.

Needle and the damage done?

Yeah, stereo needle and huge fucking speakers.

Actually, there is a need for HD audio. There is a big difference between 128k and 256k audio but you need a quality stereo to notice and the right music.

This, this and more this. The quality we are fed streaming is good for headsets. But you put it on the stereo with speakers and crank it, most of it breakdown pretty badly, You can sense the low bit rate. Ripping CD's if not using CD's is still where it is at if you have the need to blast through speakers. I still have that need.

That said, who do you guys feel has the best quality downloads/streams?

News Comments > Writer's Guild Videogame Writing Award Nominees
7. Re: Writer's Guild Videogame Writing Award Nominees Jan 12, 2015, 19:58 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 18:41:
Julio wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 18:26:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:53:
Missed Shadowrun Dragonfall.

Agreed, clear miss there. At least DA:I isn't in the running.

Let me guess, you never played DA:I

Not directed at me, but...
I'll play it when they patch in what they said they would day 2 after release. They have gone completely radio silent at this point and I look at it as if no patch has been released because the one they did have did nothing if not create more issues.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 12, 2015, 18:02 HorrorScope

Looking at the dude's pic, it looks like he'll enjoy it to.  

4195 Comments. 210 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo