Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5239 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
11. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 10:44 HorrorScope

I'm still just wanting to see what they do with the EE version, a metric ton of changes to that including story and ending. I do agree the original story wasn't all that much to write home about, but a lot of these first attempts of getting back to an old-school feel I attribute to time and cash. I expect part 2's to all of these to be much better. They made a lot of money on D:OS and they still got console game money coming, they've never produced anything with this type of jack and freedom before, will be interesting to see how D:OS2 turns out.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes
9. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes Aug 10, 2015, 20:44 HorrorScope

Vio wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 18:36:
have they fixed the tactical view pc mouse kb issues yet ?

I'm going to go with no, I tried the demo, that part was awful. That is with the current patch, but there is noting in the notes stating that it is being addressed.

The game has been fairly well received here and overall I'd say a bit mixed. Down at the bottom of control setting is the right mouse toggle, I don't know how anyone played before they added that in. I tried stock, maddening.

It's now $30 on Origin, but waiting this long and getting a taste of the demo, I'm guess I'm still not biting.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2015, 11:02 HorrorScope

First page of slides has boot times, from sleep those are all crazy high. On my Win 7 systems it is about 2 seconds max. I just wonder why their tests are all so much slower?

Overall I would have to call performance on all 3 a tie, close enough.

DX12, it all hinges on that for me.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 9, 2015, 17:56 HorrorScope

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 15:48:
And that big fat dummy Mac said it's not worth a buy simply because he didn't like the fun combat (and after playing for only a short time). Fuck his stupid ass. Game of the decade, easily. I can't watch his videos anymore.

Interestingly they did make a modification to combat in which he shit on.

News Comments > The International Results
8. Re: The International Results Aug 9, 2015, 16:37 HorrorScope

Primalchrome wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 16:25:
Wow. This is hilarious. Video game geeks throwing stones at progress.

One or two people don't represent all that much. It may seem silly at one level, but if it is paying it is paying good for them or anyone. Valve makes plenty of money to throw serious cash at their tourney game once a year.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 9, 2015, 16:35 HorrorScope

One of the reasons the witch is dying is because of wages. You want us to pay or continue to pay $100, pay. It will have to work for content providers or they'll simply back out.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway
11. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway Aug 9, 2015, 12:10 HorrorScope

Bub wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 07:58:
I have to admit GW2 has a few really well done zones and dungeons, but there seems to be no middle ground in terms of players, there are the follow the mob people who only do zergy events or PVP and then there are the elitists who do dungeons and high level fractals.

The dungeons and fractals tend to be cookie cutter builds and team combinations, that leave you out in the cold if you run anything other than a warrior or a "insert flavor of the month" class with on skill that makes a particular instance more manageable.

Big limited time server wide events have always been a disaster with this game, no thanks.

Close enough to my experience, leveled a couple 80's, environment gfx by far the best thing. Hated how their dungeons were setup with a passion to be honest. Huge GW1 fan, when they sold and a couple guys at the very top left between GW1 and GW2, that was just enough to upset game design, where for me two was not as fun as one.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion This Month
27. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion This Month Aug 7, 2015, 12:23 HorrorScope

PHJF wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 10:19:
At least it felt like a finished game. Divinity after the first zone was like a giant placeholder, and Wasteland 2 was beta material at best.

And that is why most are getting EE versions. Small companies who had to release quicker than ideal, but also made enough money that they can now go back. I'm very ok with this, this time.

To the person stating Pillars feels like a mobile game, beyond BG/IWD on mobile, please give me some others like this? I'd be interested in playing, thanks.

News Comments > Journey of the Light Steam Refunds
10. Re: Journey of the Light Stean Refunds Aug 7, 2015, 10:27 HorrorScope

Xero wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 09:28:
Man, Valve/Steam needs to seriously review these games before green lighting them. At this point they would green light a pile of sh!t and they wouldn't know.

It's getting worse than the Google Play store.

This at face value seems reasonable, but we have protections, we can also wait for reviews and to me since this doesn't happen often at all, if steam testing was needed for everything then games/patches would be delayed like console games. There would then probably be a cost and that would also stifle post game support due to that cost. To me it is working well enough. Anyone here get bit by this game?

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Second Beta This Month
8. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Second Beta This Month Aug 6, 2015, 10:59 HorrorScope

GinRummy wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 22:46:
I'd rather that they work on a new Might and Magic (without the Heroes) role playing game. Last year's Might & Magic X: Legacy was pretty good and fairly well received, at least once it got out of early access. Statements were made about a follow-up, but I've seen nothing announced yet.

I thought a follow up anywhere in the near future has been squashed on it.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 6, 2015, 10:51 HorrorScope

Paranoid's...

Article:
I think some people's fears about Microsoft looking over your shoulder are over-the-top.

Eula Win10:
We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to protect our customers or enforce the terms governing the use of the services.

Personally, it isn't about them spying on me and I'm doing something wrong. It is the principal of it all, it isn't paranoia, it's principal.

20. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion This Month Aug 5, 2015, 19:02 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 18:50:
The game got on my nerves when I was moving all over the city 24/7 with 20.000 loading screens in between which summed up to a total of FOREVER staring at a still image.

To me yes, the loading screens are the worst part.

18. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion This Month Aug 5, 2015, 18:40 HorrorScope

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 12:41:
Wow, I'm sad to hear so many people didn't really like PoEt(!), but it has gotten a lot better with the later patches. At this point though, you might as well wait for the next patch, which is pretty major, and this first expansion.

Waiting for the second expansion? Overkill.

Also, Gog/Obsidian really need to condense their current patches on Gog, there are like 7-8 separate patches already.

Fwiw I like it a lot and the IEmod rocked to, some nice enhancements in that.

Battles should be more varied.

Some use BG as a comparison, it's from the guy that did the IWD's.

Liked the guns and hell in the world we live in, we can see guns come before magic. It's not like it is unbelievable its in the game.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 5, 2015, 18:38 HorrorScope

Maybe some geeks wrote that tweet as Hitchbot is no more, see evidence.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced
6. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Announced Aug 5, 2015, 10:51 HorrorScope

Wow just $10 off for current users? So for $10 I get the base game and the rest is in the expansion. The base game never got close to a $10 selling price.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2015, 12:14.

News Comments > Trine 3 This Month
4. Re: Trine 3 This Month Aug 4, 2015, 20:47 HorrorScope

chickenboo wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 20:00:
Finally a game my GF will play with me because it's cooperative rather than competitive. Fun and beautiful too. One feature the game needs is female alternatives for the warrior and wizard: my GF prefers the archer simply because the character is female...

Couple other husb/wife coops that work well Child of Light & Never Alone, the Brothers game possibly passable. Then all the Lego's.

39. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 20:43 HorrorScope

Julio wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 20:38:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:44:
One comeback is perhaps one does more personal things on their personal computer vs Sony's game machine.

That's exactly my take on it. If my PC is going to be data mined so it's not useful for anything personal (i.e. other than playing games), then I might as well use a PS4.

I'm not that concerned over being data mined on a gaming only device versus a PC which currently has multiple purposes. So what if Sony gets my credit card info, and what games I play. They're not reading my email, looking at my bank account, recording what I say in the room my PC is in, looking at personal photos etc. etc.

Edit: As for those who trust Microsoft, it's been proven they can't be trusted. Turning one of the data mining options off still results in it collecting data. The only way to get them to temporarily back off is to completely reject Windows 10 - just like what happened with Windows 8.

Yup, I'm definitely looking into firewall blocking their outbound data.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs
15. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs Aug 4, 2015, 20:04 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 19:58:
Nucas wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:29:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:27:
Mmo's too many are like LSD. After a while all that is left is a bad trip so people get out.
this may be my favorite gaming analogy ever.

Unless you've ever had a seriously bad acid trip - which I have - it's nothing even close to that. Not only is it not in the ballpark, it's not even in the same town as the ballpark.

I suspect they'll keep bleeding off subs really fast from this point forward. They really screwed themselves cancelling Titan.

My opinion differs. To me it was the same thing in terms of no fun was found in either after a while. Why each were un-fun, yes that is different, really that part goes without saying, the idea that after a while both go bad is the point.

LSD is documented on doing that for most users. MMO's the first was great, the second a little less so, after that and for years I was chasing after a feeling that isn't there anymore. Once the new basics were down, they all have these same mechanics that are un-fun to me that turn my brain off and I would start dozing off while playing. It's why I want personal servers where we can mod.

37. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 19:39 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:52:
Everything I've read on this subject says you are still in control which is what matters to me. I don't care if MS makes it all on by default as long as I can turn it off. When I lose control, that's a different story.

If you read this tread you would see that is highly in question that turning it off in Home and Pro isn't turning it off it drops it down one notch and that is just one setting. I have no problem waiting to see/hear more on this, but right now it is at least in question.

34. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2015, 18:44 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:16:
Julio wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 17:24:
I doubt those Windows 10 DX12 exclusive games will be here shortly; I can also deal without them, they'll probably arrive for PS4 as well.

Why would you get upset about privacy then load up on a closed console platform where you have no control over anything and literally every aspect of it is uploaded to Sony servers? It strikes me that there are users on the internet who just want to complain about everything even if it goes against something they just said.

I will upgrade to Windows 10 when I'm good and ready but I won't be avoiding it because some internet quarterback wants to pretend to make a stink about something he doesn't even give a shit about in the first place.

One comeback is perhaps one does more personal things on their personal computer vs Sony's game machine.

I get your point and a lot of this has interesting slants to it. But one thing going on here is people want to keep certain rights and privacies and just don't want them blatantly without vote taken away.

5239 Comments. 262 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo