Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4009 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2014, 15:55 HorrorScope

But then Sony wouldn't have done what they do best? Embarrass themselves.

Sony has had a lot of cuts and this is what you get, messy maanagement. My company had a round of cuts about a year ago. We are making quite a few more mistakes now. I guess people had a reason why they collected a check. But most want to do the same/more with less and what they knew back in the day "it takes this to have that", they just forgotten about that and assume you get everything and more with less. Thanks Wall Street.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 11, 2014, 14:20 HorrorScope

Lets get the DA:I convo going for today... since it is GOTY, right?

So the hotifx. Anyone having stuttering or popup/draw distances issues after that? Seems to be somewhat common report.

And lets not even talk about problems created. What got lost in this were the fixes the patch was to bring itself. Did any of the UI changes help out or were those misses?

News Comments > Scrolls Launch Today
28. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 13:47 HorrorScope

Jivaro wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:35:
Orogogus wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:14:
Anyway I just jumped the shark...
You... what?

Google or Youtube search "happy days Fonzi jumped the shark" and watch the video that comes up.

All will become clear.

And when you say Fonzi you are basically saying 20th Century Jesus.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 11, 2014, 13:25 HorrorScope

Trendy was trying to be trendy but realized there is a trend now that says "if you don't have a moba out last year, you are already too late to the party". So Trendy saw the trend and made the right call. Now the FTP part of DD2 may still be fucked to hell and back. I guess they just weren't ok with a lot of money and want to now risk it going this pay to route. I just think they needed to improve on the formula of DD1.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer
7. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 10, 2014, 21:31 HorrorScope

They should have a movie with no music space trucking cargo back and forth. I've watched some twich, haven't seen the action portrayed in that trailer yet. Hope exists.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
60. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 22:22 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 17:06:
(The Win7 vs Win8.1 comparison in that article blows me away. I suspect hardware shenanigans. I can see win8 being faster, but in some of those screenshots it's like 60-70% faster.)

That's my new beef with the game. That's bull.

Reading the lengthy thread today, I know a lot of people are playing and liking but even those people have plenty of things they are putting up with. If I'm going to put up with something, it would be a non EA game. Be interesting to hear reports back on how the game ends and how satisfying that is.

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Dec 9, 2014, 21:19 HorrorScope

The wait continues...

My Eyes!

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
29. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 12:10 HorrorScope

Wildone wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 12:03:
Hows that different from buying the game 6 months later, and demanding the same thing?! lol You wanna reset everyone upon purchase?

You can play that game but we all know that is different. Why don't MMO's play by that rule. It is just somewhat common to think a wipe would exist in a large scale online game, x4 if it has PvP. But I get the point and others, play with yourself until your ready then go blow a load on someone else, right?

13. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 12:03 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 12:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 10:12:
Thanks, I'll wait then. I wonder if expanded Tactics is one of the expanded features.

From what Alan Schumacher said, it didn't seem hopeful that would happen.

Note that the free content will be for the multiplayer, same as they did for ME3. I seriously doubt the SP will be getting any significant free content beyond patches/fixes. (And to be fair, nor should it. There's plenty of content included in the base $60 price.)

Got it, thanks. Yeah just looking for a little UI polish...

8. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 11:18 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 11:02:
I know it's my problem if it rubs me the wrong way =) I also know that you're not actually pirating it.

The thing I was on about is that so. very. often. when a developer gives good news like this, it basically bites them in the ass.

Fair enough Quinn.

You are right, they put it out there and it can tell some to wait it out, it's only getting better and cheaper. I'm interested to see what today's patch brings.

As for support I get it, but here is what has happened with my gaming dollars. Probably same output as it ever was, but instead of going to 10 games per year it now goes to 50 games per year. We can see Steam Stats, people are buying games and never playing them. I do that, I'm not even saying I'm guilty of that. I do it for a few reasons really. 1. I would like to play it. 2. Price. 3. I like what they've done and want to show support, as I would like to seem more from them.

To be honest I'm more app to support a smaller studio vs a larger one. At BN I think that is the norm, we rag on the big boys because they do enough wrong, you can see they are driven by Wall Street. Where those others I support with a few $ here and there, it's fresh, it's passionate, they have more of the same interests.

That said, I'm not one of those "I will not buy from xxxx" people, you make a game I really want, I'll be there. To me every game stands on it's own. Really I do pretty much what the consensus says to do when buying games, educate on release and then decide.

I will own DA:I, it is now about when, I hope no later than Jan 1 to be honest.

This is what pissed me off about DA:I though at release. They gutted tactics, that is a freaking Bioware staple and they did something like EA Sports does... add 2 new features, don't tell you they cut 2 others, and next year you'll get those 2 back "New! FRESH!" and they'll cut 2 more. It has to be a strategy of theirs, ninja cut and then re-sell it the following year. Now that is something that makes you hate EA, but as said, each release stands on it's own. But what they did to Tactics has pissed me off, however I will look past it if everything else if great. Fix the controls and lets see...

12. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 11:03 HorrorScope

Arithon wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 10:18:
Those of us who have been playing the game are fairly pleased by the news we get to keep the assets we've traded hard to get since November.

You could say that about any game, like any mmo in beta. "We worked hard for it", first you are playing a game, but pretty much everyone understands, you get a preview, learn the tricks, help uncover bugs, that is what you win. But when released it all goes back to scratch.

I guess not here, hope if doesn't mean much, but it does have PvP, ahh we'll see.

4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 10:56 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 10:35:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 10:12:
Thanks, I'll wait then.

The game is phenomenal in so many ways with loads and loads and loads and loads of content already. Why wait on supporting Bioware? You could wait until the game is fully patched and they officially announce they will no longer add content and the game is for sale for 6 dollars, but while that's perfectly legit, I consider it just as bad as pirating.

That is bullshit. That isn't pirating, they are making the buyer an offer and we are accepting. Legit business in 220 countries, not theft.

That said, I don't plan on waiting that long, but with their own words... "over time" they will be adding features and content that was cut due to time constraints before launch",] they are selling that waiting is a reasonable option. I don't play games twice, I have a large backlog as it is, where I could easily wait it out until $6.

BN posters tell us to read up when a game is released, don't fall for pre-orders etc, I do that. So when the game was released there was a fair enough cry about controls and UI, amongst other things. RIGHT? But with a mix of "hey this is still a good game". RIGHT? So I was waiting for a patch that was promised just a day or two after release at their forum. Ok, they have now set a time for me to re-review the issues, which seems like later today. But on the eve of this patch release, they mention more patches and not only to clean things up, but to add features and content that was left out due to time. So wouldn't a wise person, take sage like BN advice and sit back let it materialize and make a choice? They do this to themselves and we all know those who wait get a better experience at a cheaper rate, it is a conundrum isn't it? One I hardly blame the buyer for. I feel I'm doing due diligence and being at a position of advantage thanks to a backlog. Fuck I'm still only 40% done with Mordor and I play/mod 7D2D all the time in between or something else.

I will only play this once, might as well be a pretty good one. That said I'm not the player (not that I have issue with them at all) that says "I'll wait for the Gold Version with all the content", I could. But I just want a clean game, that a patch or two usually does.

If this rubs you wrong, you have to remember you live in your world I do live in mine. I am breaking zero laws, get over it.

2. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 10:13 HorrorScope

Yeah, enough don't like wipes but they get why. Those that haven't played and may not understand what it means like me. Sends up a red flag, "Do I feel like I have a disadvantage?". So imo the right choice is to wipe as people expect and get it. Oh well, we'll see.  

1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 10:12 HorrorScope

Thanks, I'll wait then. I wonder if expanded Tactics is one of the expanded features.  

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access Next Month
4. Re: H1Z1 Early Access Next Month Dec 8, 2014, 20:52 HorrorScope

Feels like the Landmark model. Big company acting like an Indy. See how this plays out.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2014, 19:48 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 10:59:
Yes yes.. but WHEN and HOW MUCH

To me that is starting to be the only question. Good thing Facebook bought them, this seems it would have been a failed Kickstarter. 2015 it best drop.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 8, 2014, 19:45 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 13:25:
...for a man considered the most influential non-USSC judge of the 20th century.

That right there could explain why our justice system is so fucked up. The guy is scary clueless.

Bingo. Whoever is the most responsible/influential of this mess, is the same as saying he's the biggest problem.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
30. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 12:04 HorrorScope

I think BN posters have made it clear you can bypass it if it isn't your thing. I don't think at all there should be some type of "don't go there in games" fence put up. To me that is just old people getting to a point and don't want change. Games are babies compared to movies, in time it will all be in games to.

In regards to gay and TV, you can now start to see some gay moments on TV. What I want to know is WTF happened to Lesbians? It was more "ok" being woman on woman than man on man, so why aren't we getting our share of lesbian scenes on TV? It's like it was skipped over, I want to stop and say "Wait a minute, I got my popcorn and roll more-ok lesbian scenes".

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 8, 2014, 10:45 HorrorScope

Nazi.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 7, 2014, 18:04 HorrorScope

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 16:08:
I think it could be argued that, as a single title, Skyrim is one of the most, if not the most, successful RPGs of all time. It's funny how people respond when you don't make the game an on-rails narrative, create a fascinating and massively open world and fill it with locations and lore that make you, the gamer, want to go back time and again. Also, making it incredibly easy to mod was a big plus as well.

And people want them to change the engine all the time. IMO they've finally got that engine under control with Skyrim.

So where do you think sales are at now between 5-7 million on PC?

4009 Comments. 201 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo