Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3696 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 10, 2014, 10:32 HorrorScope

Tell that to the company and those that make a living off of it... Total waste of time.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Raven's Cry Pre-Purchases
7. Re: Meridian: New World This Month Oct 10, 2014, 10:22 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 10:24:
But his life, his love and his lady was the sea....

He was an honest man...

I liked Tw2, sort of disappointing this has no coop play in it at all since TW's did have it. So they know how to do it.

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
48. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 10, 2014, 00:59 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 18:26:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 17:32:
LOL, point is Origin/UPlay aren't meant for all games like steam, it does't need a big social thing, you got a dozen other avenues. Right you don't give a shit, but I'm not anti business

That's funny because they make a token effort at implementing all of those features. I just want them to do a better job of it. I'm not anti business either but we're talking about gaming clients, not the stock market. If you care that much then go buy shares in EA, I give a shit about what affects me as a customer.

Someone should really tell this guy that removing me from his blacklist would prevent him from looking silly by posting the same shit I've said a few comments ealier. It happens so often I find it worth it to hereby stain my pride.

You seem to be saying this a lot with different people, maybe you should do some rumination on why people keep putting you on ignore instead of internet stalking them. If a bunch of people stuck me on ignore I would probably think about what I was doing to piss everyone off and contemplate some changes. In case that was too subtle its not them, its you. I've never seen you accept responsibility for anything so I have probably wasted my time typing this.

Bad Quoting, didn't say the last part, I don't use ignore, anywhere.

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
86. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 21:52 HorrorScope

bigspender wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 21:13:
30fps was a joke 15 years ago, so why is it becoming standard now?
120fps is where games become alive

Because current gen consoles came out as abortions.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 9, 2014, 21:03 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 19:23:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 19:11:
"Amazon famously operates with razor-thin profit margins,"

One could argue that is untrue, they operate at a loss. Yes the reinvest heavily, but at a loss.

Common misconception. In fact, they've been profitable for years. They've had 7 unprofitable quarters since 2002.

Fair enough, updating myself now...

Last 4 qtrs:
(126)
(41)

2012 a total net loss for the year.

Not crazy rosey, but I get it they are investing deeply into their future, we'll see.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2014, 21:09.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 9, 2014, 19:11 HorrorScope

"Amazon famously operates with razor-thin profit margins,"

One could argue that is untrue, they operate at a loss. Yes the reinvest heavily, but at a loss.

44. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 9, 2014, 17:32 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 07:27:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 20:42:
Fine use steam for your social or skype or tumblr or facepunch or AoL (lol). Everything has to have a social thing? I say no, others may not.

Yeah Steam is totally the same thing as tumblr and AOL, you are really out of touch. The social features are totally free and optional. I can't believe anyone would try to present them as a negative.

And to the feature of running without Origin is a good one for sure. The point here is EA is saving 30% (valve's cut) by doing this. That is a big dot deal to a company and why it exists, well imo.

I don't give a shit what Valve charges EA, I want EA to make a better client. Free games are a nice gesture but making Origin less mediocre would be a better move. Guess which costs more? EA isn't your buddy, they aren't passing on that 30% savings to you.

LOL, point is Origin/UPlay aren't meant for all games like steam, it does't need a big social thing, you got a dozen other avenues.

Right you don't give a shit, but I'm not anti business, just really bad business. A company that can save 30% making their own store, I will not blame them for that. Nope they aren't passing the savings on, they are making a business decision to keep that instead of Steam keeping that.

This isn't fairyland.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
44. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 17:26 HorrorScope

Congrats. A lot of big name sites won't ever be able to say the same.

Suggestion: Build in a Like system, improves posts and builds a better community.

News Comments > Evolve Alpha Testing This Month
12. Re: Evolve Alpha Testing This Month Oct 9, 2014, 16:43 HorrorScope

It's $60? Ya, no.  

News Comments > Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test
10. Re: Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test Oct 9, 2014, 16:43 HorrorScope

The original was $15 if I recall correctly, but man it sold well, nearly a million copies now. Assume this is improved in many ways, shooting for $25, no big, to steep for you just wait.  

News Comments > Evolve Alpha Testing This Month
8. Re: Evolve Alpha Testing This Month Oct 9, 2014, 15:31 HorrorScope

1. Looks fun. A little cooridorish from the gameplay link.
2. However man you have to unload a lot of lead to kill Goliath, so what happens when it becomes one v one, seems impossible for the soldier to win.
3. If successful, I'll take Predator 6v1 in the futua.
4. Biggest strike, their website doesn't allow you to leave by hitting back. Is this 1995? That shit ass game? lol

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
61. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 14:10 HorrorScope

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 10:28:
Console commands don't count as giving the user a choice, as 95% of gamers aren't going to know about them or ever use them.

I get the overall issue here, but fuck these people, you're on a pc, take advantage of that, it even helps you out in front office jobs... you get experience, it all relates to honing pc skills.

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Released
7. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Released Oct 8, 2014, 20:48 HorrorScope

nofb wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 13:17:
It's been released for a few days now. Review are quite bad, apparently the controls are terrible (especially edge detection), so is the AI.

Shame, second disappointment after Thief. We really ought not to get high expectations from those marketing racket.

Steam User Rating:
73% Thief
84% Styx early returns.

Currently I have Steam at 80% as the cut off line, don't figure in published report, don't know who to trust. Quite a few like it though, biggest issue sounds like QTE fighting.

19. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 8, 2014, 20:42 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 20:28:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 20:22:
Less than 1/2? That could be a good thing. I need a list of games to buy and a list of games I have to fire up. Done and Done. The rest isn't all that needed.

Some of us actually socialize with others and make use of the extensive community features. There's also the bevy of other tools Steam provides. It is remarkably lightweight for everything it implements.

I don't think Origin is bad just because its EA but it is not in the same universe as Steam, they have a long way to go. The feature I make the most use out of is the ability to run Origin games without Origin itself, irony right there.

Fine use steam for your social or skype or tumblr or facepunch or AoL (lol). Everything has to have a social thing? I say no, others may not.

And to the feature of running without Origin is a good one for sure. The point here is EA is saving 30% (valve's cut) by doing this. That is a big dot deal to a company and why it exists, well imo.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 8, 2014, 20:28 HorrorScope

Wildstar cancels Christmas should be the headline of every news outlet.

Their reasoning makes sense to me, silly seasonal games that some how match up with the real world.

13. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 8, 2014, 20:22 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 20:18:
It has less than half of the features of Steam and even its store is poorly laid out. The free games are nice but Origin sucks.

Less than 1/2? That could be a good thing. I need a list of games to buy and a list of games I have to fire up. Done and Done. The rest isn't all that needed.

I have no problems with any of them, I give credit to the software and Win 7. Would I rather not have them? Yes. But I also understand that these companies don't all just have to blow Valve either and give them x% to be on their store front. They are big in their own right and can do what they want. I'm not upset of those that say no to Origin, but I don't struggle with it, fires up like steam and does what I need it to.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
64. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 20:18 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 19:34:
but still I would never pay 600 bucks ever for a virtual item and never have. I think people forgot what games used to be like - Pay 60 bucks for space game - tons of ships on the disk that you get in-game or mod in yourself.

I jump heels over head with that Disney Infinity thing, what a boondoggle they have going on there. Pay money for an inanimate object to place on a saucer to unlock it in game. If you notice DLC that is on the disk. But people do this happily, however in Lego game world you buy the game and get 100's of characters to play with, no extra fees. What a real fast one they pull on those schlubs. And the gameplay is pure shit to. It's all about the one notch better than happy meal figures and it gets the grown up's to.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
20. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 8, 2014, 19:57 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 16:59:
Comcast again does the usual OMG we're so sorry, and we'll make it right! bullshit that they usually do.

Epic cluster, as stated we got his side, now some from Comcast which is a total cluster, they don't even agree with themselves. But we just respond to the article as is and imo always reserve the right to change our minds if more info is given to change our minds. But there is no real reason to doubt the customer here, we're talking Comcast, totally believable.

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
54. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 12:56 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 12:06:

Yeah I don't really think every game needs to be some ultra complex and deep thing. Sometimes slaughtering the shit out of orcs for 25 hours can be fun. .

Not that I have a problem with your point, other than are there really a lot of overly complicated games? I find most are slaughtering the shit out of things.

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
50. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 11:53 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:58:
UHD wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:37:
Quinn wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 08:50:
There's really not a lot of fluff in between. It's basically just... killing Uruks and collecting meaningless shite.

I truly think a lot of enthousiasts today will look at this game in retrospect later and think "Blegh, it actually sucked.". I have enough respect for the PC gamer to believe this.

You're basically describing Diablo, though, so maybe not? Killing X things for Y shinies is addicting to some people.

Big difference is, beyond the obvious, that Diablo rewards the player for all the killing. This is what makes it addicting. SoM doesn't reward you beyond XP and some abilities that make the easy game even more easy. There's no gear drops, no "shinies" to speak of. "There's runes!"
Haha! Yeah.

Also, Diablo has dozens of different enemies. SoM has... well, Uruks, Ghuls, Caragors, Trolls. That's it. I'm stunned that the nemesis system so blinds people to the shallowness this game is; how little it really has to offer.

The perspective makes a big difference to. I like the standard ARPG top down/side, but I really like it when you take that and make it frist/3d pov a lot better. Borderlands for example. So SoM has that going on as well as part of the hook above Diablo for many players.

3696 Comments. 185 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo