Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4624 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers
16. Re: Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers Mar 27, 2015, 14:24 HorrorScope

Cool I'm a developer, send me one over. Kthx  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
62. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 23:01 HorrorScope

John wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 22:26:
Cutter wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 21:14:
I am not liking the RT combat even with the slow speed. I'm still all about that bass, er uh I mean turn-based. Shit flies by so fast I have no idea if my spells and skills work half the time without looking at the combat text. It also makes it a real PITA using food/potions. I'd like to see them last significantly longer than a few minutes.
You can set 'pauses' for many different events and/or at set time intervals and there is an auto-slow feature. I prefer RT though like it was in BG and IWD because it speeds up combat and if I need to pause for some reason I just press the space bar.

This is always my gripe with the pause base. I haven't turned everything on yet, there was one setting that it looked like it would pause after every team player action, which I thought to myself "GREAT Turnbase setting", it doesn't trigger on default attacks, which after you do something it either goes to default attack or nothing, meaning it's like 90% there and drops the ball on something that happens all the time. After you fire a skill, pause, you decided default attack, will not pause next round or ever in that case. Now x 6. But I'm still playing with it.

The other end is play realtime on easy.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 26, 2015, 20:40 HorrorScope

Right, but who's breaking in by stealing your password by guessing it? IMO that isn't how it's really being done in the big city. They just steal the whole DB and decrypt it, so it doesn't matter what you have.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
48. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 19:44 HorrorScope

Yeah for the very little I played, liking it a lot so far. See how the pause features pan out. You can feel the elegant ui additions to the IE engines games.

One little very little issue, next character button doesn't work in inventory.

To the big publishers... fuck'm. This game will probably be happy to see 2 million, they aim higher then that. But Obisdian as an indy like Larian, this is swimming in it and it allows them be indies for a long time moving forward.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 26, 2015, 10:14 HorrorScope

"Each person is trying to think about how to create as much value for customers as possible."

Have them think harder on your refunds policy.

Valve can be what they are because they have 30% of the market. Aka, swimming in it.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released
9. Re: Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released Mar 26, 2015, 00:41 HorrorScope

DK2 had first person as well. It seems Dungeons 2 learned a lot, they went to far off the formula the first time, seemed to add a lot more and get rid of impressing "good guys". They also took it another step by going outside the dungeon, we'll see if they jumped the shark with that. But because one is bad doesn't mean the second has to be, people can learn.  

News Comments > GOG.Com on Customer Service
13. Re: GOG.Com on Customer Service Mar 25, 2015, 21:13 HorrorScope

That is why there should be a small period of time, no questions asked refund. You also are explaining the Egghead issue, you will find your tolerances get lower and lower knowing you have a refund option.  

News Comments > GOG.Com on Customer Service
9. Re: GOG.Com on Customer Service Mar 25, 2015, 20:20 HorrorScope

30 days returning if you haven't downloaded yet, ok, whatever. How often does that happen. But ok, thanks.

In regards to tech issues, 30 days is very liberal, 36 hours to me seems reasonable, in terms of needing to report after download. But more the merrier.

But there is always room to improve customer service, there are plenty of startups that hit it big with very liberal return policies, that is how they got their following and they know most people don't take them up on it.

However... Egghead is what "could happen", they were a brick and mortar that had a 30 day return. Tons abused it, over time you would raise the bar of satisfaction. In the end they sold and also pointed issue with return abuse.

GoG needs and should be doing what they are doing, that is how you compete with #1, offer more incentive and superior support.

I still find buying a game and 36 hours to report technical issues reasonable for a refund. And/or game time playing a factor in returns or not.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $76M
16. Re: Star Citizen Hits $76M Mar 25, 2015, 18:30 HorrorScope

Best ever, at 13:07 Joe writes in and wants a way to scan players joining the ship to see if they have weapons and not allow them to board if they do, to avoid a mutiny.

Chris, well we don't have that today, but it is a good idea, doesn't seem to hard. We'll do it!

Love this guy, what the hell has every other dev been doing out there? Saying no, slacking, obviously.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
32. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 11:52 HorrorScope

Hey beat up on EA day... as always well deserved and its been a while, they must be improving!

Hasn't this one sort of been in affect for like 5 years or so now?

I'll buy an EA/UBI game if it hits all the right buttons. Most of their games simply don't though, especially EA.

I've been hit by DRM once that I felt it, Starforce many a moons ago. I get that this is DRM, but until I feel it, I'm not going to slippery slope it to hell and back on principle either.

I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times now. I don't need AAA anymore, the smaller studio scene can totally satisfy me, but if the stars align just right, I have no problem dropping dollars on a AAA.

News Comments > Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter Postponed
7. Re: Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter Postponed Mar 25, 2015, 11:39 HorrorScope

Julio wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 11:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 10:51:
Don't understand your correlation between, funding a game in advance and Steam bargain bin

Here's roughly my A to B thinking:
The amount of backer complaints on $25 pricing were constant and numerous (and seemed to be the top complaint). Lots of people gave feedback they wanted a much lower price.

Separately, Steam has done a good job of teaching PC gamers to wait for heavily discounted games. My guess is if you look at the percentage of PC game units sold on a discount, it would be much higher now than it's been in the past.

Third point would be, Kickstarted games eventually end up on deep discount Steam sales. Steam has more market share than other game retailers and would sell more discounted games than anyone else.

Add point 1, 2, and 3 together. And that leads me to believe that people didn't back this project because they're waiting for cheaper prices (aka the bargain bin).

Kickstarter is getting harder to get funded for two main reasons. The need isn't as great now for said genre. People have invested plenty already with varying success and may not want to fund as much going forward. I don't think that those who would fund see $25 as the issue at all. Games are still being funded at that level even today.

This games idea isn't as fresh as it would have been a couple years back. Was a poor attempt at marketing it and the little game play they did show wasn't all that insipiring. To me this was all about "Look at who we are, wouldn't you love to have us back?", I guess the KS crowd at this time have said, we need a bit more than that. I don't think it was about $25 being too much.

As for buying games on sale, I don't disagree with that, that is happening. Having a large backlog screams to the player every day, "Why buy something new at full price, when I have a dozen great games I already own I need to play. When I'm done with that I'll buy this new game on sale then." That is the market, I'm sure there are articles discussing where gaming is going, imo we are over-saturated at this time and something like this is paying for that by not being funded. They need to step their pitch up.

5. Re: Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter Postponed Mar 25, 2015, 10:51 HorrorScope

Julio wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 10:45:
Disappointed in my fellow gamers for not supporting this one. That's one of the effects of Steam, everyone waiting for the bargain bin.

Don't understand your correlation between, funding a game in advance and Steam bargain bin. It was a fairly piss poor pitch and funding reflected that, they could be about 2 years late here, it isn't like TB games are now hard to find. I hope they make a great game, but I don't see how you made it from A to B here.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
6. Re: Morning Screenshots Mar 25, 2015, 10:17 HorrorScope

The last shot is the one that does it for me, the Playstations are completely missing a whole tractor vs the pc version. A whole tractor!  

2. Re: Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter Postponed Mar 25, 2015, 10:11 HorrorScope

"We’ve done some serious reflection and come to the conclusion that we can’t create the level of RPG today that we know we’ll be able to create tomorrow."

Huh?

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released
15. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws of Hakkon DLC Released Mar 24, 2015, 18:35 HorrorScope

Pff main game is still $60.  

News Comments > H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam
9. Re: H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam Mar 24, 2015, 10:17 HorrorScope

People like pvp survival, seems pretty obvious. No desperation, more and cheaper games than ever, they like them, their O.

As for paying for FTP, well they get game credit to buy things, we know what FTP really means.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Documentary, Part 2
7. Re: Pillars of Eternity Documentary, Part 2 Mar 23, 2015, 16:04 HorrorScope

Not sure what is up with the current Pause/Tactical play with no scripting AI. I hope the slow-combat mode works well. To me pause/scripting ai should be a married feature.

This comment was edited on Mar 23, 2015, 18:25.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched
13. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 15:41 HorrorScope

I'm starting to think I should wait for the Colossal Order version.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
64. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 22, 2015, 09:45 HorrorScope

loomy wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 18:57:
the keyboard versus gamepad debate is much ado about nothing. this kind of game has always been good with a gamepad. where did it start? mario 64?

you're running around button mashing. aiming is assisted. of course it's going to be good for a gamepad.

I think some people might be complaining about the controller support when they really mean to say that they're ignorant and want everything to be "their way"

Aim assist is cute!

Im sure in world will work well with km. Where too many struggle with on the port is ui/inv. Not efficient at all for a mouse.

But comments should come as no surprise this argument happens everytime when questioned. A lot of people play on the pc just to use a mouse and keep from a controller.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2015, 09:52.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
33. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 13:37 HorrorScope

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 10:51:
I don't really see the issue with a third-person game being better on a controller. Everything feels much tighter as far as button spacing is concerned.

The win is the mouse can mouse view with blazing accuracy with pixel perfect precision. That cannot be done on a game controller, that is and has always been the point. About button spacing, if you have that issue, then I can see measuring the two, blazing accuracy and button spacing. But to those that don't have a problem with buttons (and more of them) on a PC, that isn't an equalizer at all. It's just additional blazing accuracy with a mouse, with no loss.

Withcher isn't a sports game, a brawler or a platformer and imo and it is just that, a game that would only be enhanced by proper pc controls.

But again, it is one joe's opinion and translated at that.

4624 Comments. 232 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo