Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5113 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking
26. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 15:08 HorrorScope

NewMaxx wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 12:44:
In my testing I tend to notice up to about 90 FPS and I find anything below 45 FPS to be jarring. I can absolutely notice a 30 FPS cap immediately.

Not all FPS are created equally either. A game can run at say 30 fps and the mouse is or isn't affected by it. Those affected by it, yes lower frames become really apparent. Others that have smooth mouse movement regardless, much better at getting away with lower frames. That said I'm pretty much locked in at 60 FPS/Vsynch on everything I play.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 17:19.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 12:08 HorrorScope

Yes this is not entitlement. This is a market product, everything is questionable, not that they have to listen, but you are in your rights to accept it, buy it or not.

Entitlement is asking for a freebie because your cool.

5. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 11:43 HorrorScope

I never noticed there was a LARGE number of games capped at 30. What I find is that a few are and most of those have some way of over-coming. I don't feel this is an epidemic.  

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
40. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 17, 2015, 11:38 HorrorScope

There is no doubt the refunds have everything to do with pulling it. Good.

The refund system so far is working perfectly. There has been no other game with mass-refunds and there have been plenty of releases now since the refund option has kicked in. so it proves as a whole we will not abuse it and use it correctly.

They need to suck it up and step up. Great day in gaming, let alone PC gaming.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 17, 2015, 10:57 HorrorScope

Zor wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 09:17:
"Man arrested after filming fatal crash from inside car."

I hope karma catches up quickly with that asshole. Disgusting.

News does it all the time, stand there and film and not help, I'm sure they stay just far enough out to not be liable for trespassing. My favs are when the situation is small, they could help if not totally diffuse and they just film with a reporter in front of the situation, like very very small fire for example.

Movie Nightcrawler is exactly about this, wouldn't be surprised if the guy did this after watching the movie, like Twister got people chasing tornado's.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 17, 2015, 10:51 HorrorScope

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 10:12:
Good work, reddit. The best way to clean up a problem is to sweep it under the rug!

You know there is no right answer to trying to censor anything highly controversial. Like a 50-50 bet.

News Comments > Skyforge Open Beta
6. Re: Skyforge Open Beta Jul 16, 2015, 21:34 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 21:15:
Maybe I've just been gaming around too long, looks like the same old shit to me.

No shit. First this movie tells you nothing about the game other than it's a mmo and it's out in beta.

Ok goes to watch some movies. 7 power bar, continuation of limited choice (GW2/ESO/AlwaysSummer) because someday it can work with a controller, wink wink. But watching it, it isn't a ARPG style it is the same pasture with a mob that stands over there (not too many, just enough where you can always win) waiting for you to come over.

Maybe there is a lot more for me to find out about the game, but first thought, "when the hell are designers gonna try something different? And why do they think this is worth the investment?" Chances are it is balanced just right for one player solo'ing, another shit mechanic all the games I listed above have.

Other than that, I love it! lol It is priced accordingly.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2015, 20:31 HorrorScope

Microwave hate... feels like "it if is easy it is bad for you" that is pretty much a cornerstone of all old person thinking the new thing isn't good for you, always been that way. For every person that sells fear rightly or wrongly, there is a paper that explains what happens to nutrients when you cook them. Heat anywhere can lose nutrition, boiling more so etc ect.

One

Two

Three

The part about a microwave I keep an eye out for is maintaining moisture since it works off heating up the water. So things can become dry, but like a cling wrap over a Tupperware container keeps condensation in. That is a big part of the unnatural taste or feel that makes minds wonder, many things can become severely dried out in a micro. But things dried out aren't bad, right? See all dried fruit or jerky.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2015, 20:19 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 10:25:
I bought some cheap dishwasher detergent powerballs, and that's it. Though having 512GB SSDs on sale for $170 was tempting.

That has been pretty much Samsungs every day price for a while now. Bought one two weeks back for the same price it was on .... Prime Wednesday.

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
31. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 20:02 HorrorScope

For some reason I feel WB is totally ok with any delay now and feel like they are getting back at us if it is no time soon. Like go away... There's money if you want to do it right.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2015, 20:10.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
14. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 16, 2015, 19:42 HorrorScope

I agree with Cutter that there are a lot of middle class that seem to care more of the interest of the rich then their own. They think giving them more will mean it will trickle down to them. Trickle down officially died in 2008 and was on life support after 911. Now it is clearly make as much as I can and those that are heavily invested in me, the rest is all cost cutting.

Then they have some crazy dream of them being the man someday without ever putting their necks out and working hard to be the man and they want to be able to have all these rich perk rules.

Dreamers.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2015, 19:30 HorrorScope

FOX was an illegal monopoly with Star Search 2000, err American Idol. Or what about Game of Thongs and HBO. Walking Dead?

What's funny is you can get the NFL on NBC, CBS, FOX and ESPN to.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 16, 2015, 19:27 HorrorScope

This is Netflix's investment plan. Ok max'd the stock quote, now sell short and give out details that will scare the bejesus out of everyone, stock crashes, we win going up, we win going down and then we'll back track on most of it and then go to a buy and win again on the up. Well that is basically what happened the last time they put out unfavorable news.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 16, 2015, 12:59 HorrorScope

"“People don’t take a video game job because it pays well, or to make money," Hall insists. "They’re taking it because they love it"

So says the guy with a lot of cash, I get both sides and why I would only ever do a indy game, why go back to less pay and more hours? I love playing games, developing is fun to, but not worth it under typical circumstances. So you pay shit because someone loves their job, sheesh.

To note CALI passed a minimum wage law a few years back, 83K w/cost of living if you are a programmer, min wage. Not too shabby. I wonder who is finagling around that? My company fwiw abided by it, a good little number of employees went home happy one day...

16. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 15, 2015, 18:20 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 16:32:
never really used it.. just never needed to or found it appealing i guess

I'm with NKD, there is some amazing stuff from stupid funny, to down right educational. It takes a while to figure somethings out, but just doing the Front page and growing from there is all you need to start. I don't know how anyone couldn't like a lot of it. The topics/the people commenting as a bunch are witty and insightful. I learn a lot.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Trial
21. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Trial Jul 15, 2015, 17:47 HorrorScope

Well it is good enough for me to try it out. Game is back to $60 after a little stay at $40, hard to pay $60 today for it. But cool enough we get a demo.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 15, 2015, 17:45 HorrorScope

I wonder what they call the past 10 years?  

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
70. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 13:05 HorrorScope

Zandog wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 03:07:
harlock wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 22:33:
derek smart is a known quantity around here, so step back for a second and ask yourself whether this will honestly have ANY effect whatsoever

This is exactly what's wrong with some Bluesnews comment posters. You have a skewed, toxic view of how these "developers" represent themselves.

A message to Bluenews. You don't have to take away freedom of speech but when you allow toxic behavior on you're website, it takes away viewers that the great journalism and reporting this site does provide.

[Disclaimer:] Don't like the comments? Don't read them. Read the news and be happy.

My response to this is simple. You can't control what comments people link from your site, from others sites. When your commenters are toxic, it easily associates you Bluenews, Base6 and James Furness as a whole. Get control of the comments on your boards when people obviously have an agenda and discard it. Let them find a new home to flame the industry on. You've been around too long to allow this to happen.

First get this shit out of here...

Secondly, people imo show valid concerns, some over the top or inaccurate, perhaps. But this game has all the makings of "too good to be true" and that is the nerve that is being hit. Promise after promise, we need more money after we need more money, more delays than deliverables. If one can't assume negativity isn't going to surround that, then you need life lessons before Blue's has to worry about (insert corporate phrase) "a toxic environment". That said Blue can do what he wants, just don't see why this game would get some type of Ambassadors Treatment.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 15, 2015, 12:52 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 12:42:
It's a shitty message board/comment system that happened to become ridiculously popular, but in reality it doesn't matter if it would completely disappear tomorrow. There's no point in getting worked up over it, since a new one will just crop up in its place... This is the natural order of social media. The fact that Reddit has a CEO at all is proof it's been a bloated corpse for a while, ready to pop and drive people away with its stench. And it finally happened. It's possible that in a few years nobody will even know what it is, just like Digg.

Yeah I stay on the front page and funny and it is a good source of info. Ama's are interesting, the funny stuff is funny. It's a nice quick win for me each day. Never really understood gold. Upvote every now and then etc. Simpleton user, but it is bliss I tell ya!

Thanks for kwicky version of the drama to.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 15, 2015, 10:58 HorrorScope

Is there a good link with an very abbreviated version of what happened or if one doesn't mind to state it briefly. I would like to have a bit of a clue, even though I highly doubt I'd care to do anything about whatever it is at all. I guess members just get to wrapped up in the-site. Somehow I can just go in, browse a bit that I want, get out and go about life. But somehow something sinister has happened (a mod treated unfairly?) that we should care about that will rock Reddit to its very core. Seems like unneeded drama, but I don't really get it sort of like that gamergate thing.  

5113 Comments. 256 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo