Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3592 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
15. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 11:57 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 11:46:
On what planet would it make any sense for them to spend $2.5billion and then completely alienate the entire playerbase for their game?

There are two correct answers: Planet Microsoft or Planet Electronic Arts.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2014, 11:55 HorrorScope

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 10:56:
Do you think it would be impossible to graph Skyrim on a bell curve since it's always rocketing to the top whenever it damn well pleases?

Skyrim curve.

Being at the top of the Steam charts doesn't mean it really is selling hand over fist and thus everything below even less and could be a large drop off from 1 to 2 depending on if there is a new release at the top.

Recall when D:OS was on top week after week, all that added up to a little of 500K in sales, not bad, but it's also not omg either. They've also mentioned 80% of sales was from steam, you can do the math.

As much as Skyrim has been on the list over the years, PC Sales of Skyrim should be around 3 million by now. There are over 50 million steam users, so there is plenty room for growth and there. Other PC games that have totally dwarfed Skyrim on the PC, a few from Indy's.

My point... Steam Rankings doesn't tell you near enough. Movie Analogy: Is this a week with a 100 million dollar blockbuster or is it an off week where no movies gross 10 mil? I think we have a lot of the later on Steam over the 52 weeks per year.

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
8. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 11:20 HorrorScope

Sho wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 11:13:
As an outsider to Minecraft, I find this interesting to watch. How Microsoft goes about this will say a lot about where the company is headed and what sort of people make the calls now.

IMO there is nothing interesting to watch, MS has a totally proven record of how these things play out. Is there a chance for it to be different, yes, but pretty slim.

As for PC support, Minecraft 1 is what it is, there is no changing that, it's about what's next.

Obviously they think this is the next Lego's, if they can get people to go to the movies for Minecraft like Lego gets for movies, then there is room to make this pay off long term. To me though it isn't set in stone, this isn't that type of brand yet.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2014, 18:03 HorrorScope

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 17:57:
Just like with the financial crisis, the assholes making the decisions are always protected from any actual accountability.

Timely

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
9. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 13, 2014, 15:00 HorrorScope

Fantaz wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 14:36:
Xbox One games are X86 so they should just be porting them to PC easily instead of doing this streaming thing, unless they want to stream to tablets running Windows RT or something.

They must still be hung up big time on piracy.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 13, 2014, 14:51 HorrorScope

I'm sort of surprised there hasn't been more talks about it. It's like were on track to wherever tech leads us with nowhere near the thought process required, as if it is inevitable, which perhaps it is.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2014, 15:05.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
56. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 13, 2014, 10:45 HorrorScope

SlimRam wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 22:36:
I have currently 145 hours into this (seriously). I had finally earned enough to buy the GRAND DADDY super huge DELUXE Lakon Type 9 freighter! She was a BEAUT! 440 cargo capacity, shields of the GODS, the abilty to easily jump entirely across the known galaxy on a tank of gas. 3 MILLION credits to own.

I flew one mission with it and began exiting a station for a second run with my big, beautiful shiny new ship

Then I clipped the side of one of the long pylons that sticks out of the sides of some of the different stations you don't usually see and in one single flash of light and poop.

My ship was gone.

I think I died a little on the inside when I realized that I had used all of my money to buy the ship and the cargo I was currently hauling.

I didn't have enough money for the insurance to buy my ship back...

So, I saddled up in my free Sidewinder and...quietly...I headed back out into the black with my heavy heart.

To do it all over again. YES I love this game that much

Sounds like spaces version of taking one to the knee.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Sep 13, 2014, 10:42 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 21:07:
Lode Runner was my first ever video game. It was AWESOME back in the day. Blast out the floor, let a guy fall in, run over him. Game was sweet.

It truly was a very good game for its time.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
26. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 13, 2014, 10:27 HorrorScope

PHJF wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 22:28:
So they removed the mouse support in the UI (which was in the original game). The dev rep can be quoted as saying, "we only had time to do mouse controls or mod support, and we chose mod support."

Take it back, it's worth zero. I bet they have awesome mod support, their known for that, cough. I think Peter actually hates gamers at this point and it shows.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
25. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 13, 2014, 10:26 HorrorScope

ShakaUVM wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 20:54:
I don't see this being worth more than $5.

Maybe start at $10 and sale to $5, but totally some of these games have to read the market here, times have changed a lot. $35 for this, their f'in nuts, but that team has been out of touch now for a loooong time.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2014, 17:33 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 17:06:
The 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism

So true, so sad.

Yes and there are a lot of certain type of people that think they are holier than thou and more patriotic... fall right in line with this. I don't know if it is an angle they are playing or just people being different.

Now we are all different, so I take that into consideration. I just don't work on that level of "something is right no matter what", everybody and everything has to constantly prove themselves true.

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2014, 17:30 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 15:34:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:33:
Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:30:
You can't really lay that on one specific political party or voting demographic.

It's complex, I wasn't really going direct party, but those I know that go along with this, seem aligned heavily to one. Guess?

If you're talking about the voting public, I'd somewhat agree. Politicians seem pretty equally coopted. Thankfully due to Snowden, we're having this conversation.

That is what I am speaking of, yes.

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2014, 12:33 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:30:
You can't really lay that on one specific political party or voting demographic.

It's complex, I wasn't really going direct party, but those I know that go along with this, seem aligned heavily to one. Guess?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
16. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 12, 2014, 11:15 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 01:23:
I keep trolls like Beamer on ignore and so should everyone else.

No. And that is about the only comment that irks me is when someone tells the crowd who they should or shouldn't ignore. I have no one on ignore fwiw. We all have shithead posts and others that aren't so bad, probably a case to be made we should all be put on ignore.

NFL must also laugh non-stop when someone pays them $400 million to take and use their hardware. Really where is the ROI on this? First they are being called ipads and if not we don't even hear or know about it publicly. How do they see this 400 million dollar offer to give sidelines Surfaces, that this will spur millions of fans to go buy one and millions will have to buy one now just to make that money back.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2014, 11:06 HorrorScope

Makes me want to kick Yankie Doodle American Defending Republican right in the teeth.

Not to be confused with this not being an issue on both sides, but it's the Avg American Republican with their heads so far up their ass with American Rah Rah, whatever America does it' great, we are great, we never lie or do wrong. I can't believe these people can exist, but walla... they do and too many are relatives. Feels like the 4th Reich to me.

Integrity. We know they lie, they've admitted, but some still have unwavering trust in liars, perplexed.

As for the other article, that is why you fucking need gov't Alpha Dog Republican. Peoples minds work in ways that they'll dream up any little devious plan, some are out of bounds, who would stop them if there weren't any gov't? We have a shit load of laws because we have a shit load of people trying to bend any and all things their way. That is who made who. We don't do stupid shit, they wouldn't have to make a law.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 12, 2014, 10:35 HorrorScope

I knew they needed to kill it with fire, I told them!  

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
12. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 10:24 HorrorScope

Now it's a pre-order to win game! This one took its good ole time.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 11, 2014, 19:22 HorrorScope

Lol iPads

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
9. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 10:40 HorrorScope

Atomic wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 09:59:
Wallshadows wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 09:49:
After seeing some of the battlestation setups by fans, I now understand how this game has an almost limitless pool of funds to tap in to.

Some of those setups are just disgustingly awesome.

Any day now, Centauri is going to show up and take this guy away to defend the frontier against Xur and Ko-dan Armada.

But wait, no he's not, because he's just the dude with the awesome gear that still can't play! Nooooooo!!!!!

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
131. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 17:25 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 15:47:
Make Minecraft exclusive on mobile to Windows Mobile?

But that ship has sailed, it isn't already, unless we are talking future minecrafts.

3592 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo