Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3745 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 16, 2014, 19:37 HorrorScope

The negatives imo are:

There could be a lot more keybinding options to make play a bit more elegant. A button to scroll through inventories. Buttons to initiate combats of each player and hand.

Magic, you can pick a school to find out there is no level 1 spells for it like another and you have to wait to use magic and it's a bit hectic in general to use. Seems like it could be fleshed out a bit better.

Square dancing combat is a little off putting.

Must like puzzles.

I really enjoy the game and it is totally a step up from the first, but there is still more refinement to be had with this series.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 16, 2014, 09:52 HorrorScope

Tell Professor Leon Straker, it doesn't matter, the active games have died.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 20:25 HorrorScope

It will be a hit if priced right and has the entire library.  

News Comments > Star Citizen @ $58M
3. Re: Star Citizen Passes $58M Oct 15, 2014, 20:00 HorrorScope

Gray is the new brown.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 19:26 HorrorScope

I only listen to death metal and classical and by Bono doing this, I've become a U2 fan. I never knew.  

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 11:42 HorrorScope

Bono’s reply was as follows: “Oops. Um. I'm sorry about that. I had this beautiful idea and we got carried away with ourselves. Artists are prone to that kind of thing. Drop of megalomania, touch of generosity, dash of self-promotion, and deep fear that these songs that we poured our life into over the last few years might not be heard."

Sort of sounds like an apology but also like something else mixed in. Not sure really that sincere.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 15, 2014, 11:32 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 11:15:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 10:59:
The Bone could possibly be the worst console made, excluding old one's made by newcomers/unknowns.

I'm having flashbacks to the atari jaguar...

Right but Atair didn't hinder Nintendo, Sony or PC's from gaining their advantages if large AAA companies wanted to take advantage of them. MS is playing hardball to bring us all down to their lower denominator because of their engineering mistakes.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 15, 2014, 10:59 HorrorScope

The Bone could possibly be the worst console made, excluding old one's made by newcomers/unknowns. I thought the 360 meltdown issue was a huge one, the issue with the Bone affects all systems, has nothing to do if the HW is working or not and the shit is bleeding into competitor consoles and PC games. Someone needs to be shown the door and fast.

Between backdoor deals like this and "you have to release day 1 on Bone or never release on Bone", scarred pussies they are. Fuck'm good. There was the reveal with all the 180'ing they had to do after, but these issues here are one's that linger beyond a HW freeze and it goes beyond their console and affects way too many. Time for the rest of the industry to give them the middle finger in unison, then there is nothing they can do about it.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
10. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 15, 2014, 10:51 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 04:57:
Hour of PC gameplay on TWITCH:

http://www.twitch.tv/bioware/c/5289519

Looks pretty darn solid.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 14, 2014, 20:24 HorrorScope

@:32 seconds... story of my life.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 14, 2014, 19:36 HorrorScope

Saboth wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 19:31:
slight majority believe that violent media is bad for children

Lets just call it clear, media as it stands today, even non-violent can be argued it isn't good for anyone. Just had to say that...

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released
24. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released Oct 14, 2014, 18:46 HorrorScope

theglaze wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 18:22:
Fion wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 13:44:
Everyone gets their own loot in co-op.

oh shit, really?!

That's a total game changer for me. I hated the race towards loot drops, the greed just kills the co-op vibe. If the drops are actually unique for each player in co-op, then I'm on board for $60.

God damn loot gobblers, BE GONE!

Might as well just play an earlier BL to start, save $$$ and get this later.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released
23. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released Oct 14, 2014, 18:45 HorrorScope

I will happily own this and play it... when it is cheaper.  

28. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2014, 11:57 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 01:56:
I don't know how you can stand paying a monthly subscription and have to sit through commercials.

Most of Americans do.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 14, 2014, 11:45 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 10:12:
HorrorScope, did you read it? The text of that review is so over the top I can't take it seriously:

What belies progression is that nothing is what it seems, and if it seems, it will soon unseam. The whole game is riddles wrapped in crimson, jiggly flesh ripe for pink misty explosion. In the first 10-minutes of Mikami’s magnum opus Detective Sebastian Castellanos will find himself as a hunk of meat waiting to be cleaved. He’ll slide into a vat of thick, coagulated blood soup with bobbing chunks of flesh. The walls will bleed and things that should be dead, aren’t. Booby-traps lace your escape routes and you’ll slip and slide on the rotting corpses of those who came before. Light only quickens your heart but fire, fire is your friend. Burn away the enemy; burn away the memories.

Hahaha what the fuck?

Sounds good know? Dude is a novelist!

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 14, 2014, 09:52 HorrorScope

Evil Within 10 out of 10, there ya go.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
63. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 13, 2014, 18:53 HorrorScope

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 16:12:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 11:37:
It's not bizarre, the industry spoke to this many years ago now that Episodic content doesn't work because it takes too long between episodes. Tell Tale is once again proving that out. So yes my educated guess is the people want a final produce vs episodic.

The Telltale games are proof that episodic works - people who want to play them straight away can, whilst others can wait until they're all complete. Just because Valve screwed it up doesn't mean that everyone else will.

I think they put out quality but it's slipping, consensus is leaning toward too long a wait for too little content. That is your a-typical episodic issue. Too long... for too little. We'll see if this game can erase band trends on about every level, episodic being just one of several barriers this game could break through or just be another brick in the wall like the rest. As said in Dune, "Tried, tried and died."

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2014, 18:41 HorrorScope

PHJF wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 16:51:
The patch was long overdue. I've long since finished the game, having fought through the bug-ridden, underdeveloped mess that was LA, the constant barrage of enemies with unlimited movement points, and the abysmal finale. Everyone gave the game way too much credit for simply being retro and not near enough criticism for its myriad shortcomings.

When we say you are better off waiting for the price to drop and get to play with patches, we are snerious about that.

I predict when D:OS has its first sale the "big" patch will drop. Sure they've had a few so far, but I think they are brewing up something pretty substantial. When those discount buyers (and there are many) get a hold of the game then, they'll have a much better polished experience and a whole new round of first impressions happens. It is as if, like Wasteland, they are still programming for future buyers, because those who buy day one, done and moved on or close to. The first good Steam sale is like another whole new release.

In the case of Wasteland I'll be the recipient of a cheaper better game, just didn't have the time for it atm. Most games are like this. (Reading patch notes now... sounds very good addresses the main whines)

By the way just getting through the Shadowruns, on DF:DC very very well written games. I do wish D:OS was a bit more grounded like that, then go off on a bit too high fantasy on a few things.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2014, 16:19 HorrorScope

mag wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 15:56:
I would drop Netflix the very instant I saw my first ad. No thought required.

Or if they asked much more per month. For as protective as Netflix customer is to Netflix, they also will drop them on a dime if they make a misstep.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 13, 2014, 15:37 HorrorScope

mag wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 06:17:
You have to be like water, man. Go with the flow, and you will be entertained.

They all wish it was so easy. We could use that on about anything in life.

Save $8 per and get rabbit ears and take what broadcast gives you, go with it and you'll be entertained.

3745 Comments. 188 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo