Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4766 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed
4. Re: Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed Feb 13, 2015, 10:03 HorrorScope

You'd think with the people they have or had but laid off, they'd already have this person. Who's hiring over there?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
80. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 20:38 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 20:35:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 19:03:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 18:53:
Dear Anti-Vaxxers,

Links or GTFO.

kthxbye

My link:

Sith deal in absolutes

While I appreciate what you're trying to say, this isn't really a "he said, she said" kind of argument. One side has hundreds of studies examining hundreds of millions of people, and the other side has vague conspiratorial opinions. I would be completely open to debate if they wished to produce evidence, but all they're capable of is casting aspersions.

I get that and to make sure, me and mine are. I just think the world is sort of broken due to mistrust. There are somethings you can argue against it case by case. How I sleep on this one, it won't be the big wipe. We'll get past it, tv will become bored with it soon enough and it will just be same as it ever was. Fair enough, I've worn this one out for a day, week and most likely longer.

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2015, 19:05 HorrorScope

siapnar wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 14:31:
I've seen about 4 'Worth a Buy' reviews from this guy and in every one he just comes off as a whiny, self-entitled prick.

He's one of those people that looks for the negativity in absolutely everything and thus refuses to have fun.

But he does like some games. I think he is funny and really no different than the overall attitude here. Wants a higher raised bar in general, wants something fresh, he just does it with audio-visuals. Has a good accent and can be pretty darn funny sometimes. He's of no harm to me. My choices are based on a fair amount of reading of various sources and typically a good sale. I don't have issue with KS or EA or DLC because they are choices and if you educate enough, you rarely, rarely get burned.

60. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 19:03 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 18:53:
Dear Anti-Vaxxers,

Links or GTFO.

kthxbye

My link:

Sith deal in absolutes

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
28. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2015, 18:55 HorrorScope

Seventyfive wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 13:45:

If democrats know so much about economics and employment, why are Detroit, Cleveland, and other liberal strongholds so blighted?

What's funny is when we have democratic power the overall economy does better. Google it. And the past two administrations it has held up once again. Joe is taking it in the shorts, big biz has never done better... not sure why big biz is so pro Repub, history.

27. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2015, 18:53 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 13:00:
I would say that this last Republican landslide was not a function of people thinking that Republicans suddenly have an answer but a general disgust with the Democrats' inability to do anything about stagnant wages and the loss of higher wage jobs in favor of low wage jobs.

Yep that was a product of gridlock, if you don't have all the power needed but some... repubs. Just sit and don't do anything, then those with more power will be the one's that will have to answer. It's a tactic, it worked, the system sucks imo anymore. Once was good, now good to get nothing done unless ALL 3 branches are the same. Rare. But even then, the other will make everything sound like the world is at stake with every issue and the group in power picks the wrong side each and every time. No matter what side they pick, they argue for the other. Blur tactic. All about getting their party back in and little for greater good.

58. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 18:40 HorrorScope

Obesity takes more lives than measles. Please tell us what I have to eat and ban, that is right BAN all the garbage that you allow to be sold to us.

As for the argument, like I knew there are points on both sides, I don't see this as a out of control virus that can wipe us out, if it was then I get the "Forced vaccination". I also take the point of, if you want to vaccinate, vaccinate. Those that don't they put themselves at risk, you in most cases are covered.

It comes back to opinion/pov/trusts etc. It surprises me none that people hold different views here. I don't think anyone is a crackpot/wacko if they are not in favor of a measles vaccination.

This is a temporary stop, we know it's only so good, with little guarantees, talking life here. Measles won't be the big one and soon enough will be another forgotten one. Hype news is hype.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 12, 2015, 18:21 HorrorScope

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 17:41:
That Diablo 3 talk is hilariously depressing. Rarely have I seen developers that focused on the least important parts of a game, utterly ignoring their actual players' concerns.

Oh poor D3, how great you would be as a modded game.

As I've said, I don't rely on AAA games anymore, if they make a good one great, if not the souls that leave these AAA's for the sake of gameplay, is where most of my focus lies. Those above the developers don't know what to give a shit about other than "how much money can it make", that has zero value to me.

News Comments > D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year
3. Re: D&D Sword Coast Legends This Year Feb 12, 2015, 17:52 HorrorScope

Looks promising. A variation take to D:OS with DM support. Not the biggest Phase based gamer for coop, but can deal with it. This is more in line what the Wizards of the Coast should be doing.  

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs
11. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Feb 12, 2015, 12:05 HorrorScope

headshot wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 03:15:
i cannot understand a sentence which says something about "eliminating positions for future growth opportunities".

what does it mean?

It is in the "New World Order" book of management most read. You just copy/paste lines from it, you shouldn't be questioned, it is just what it is. Deal.

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2015, 12:02 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 09:41:
As an outsider I guess I will never understand the U.S. two party democracy and it's intricacies...*sigh*

Best answer I can give you from the inside, two mobs fighting for personal power, care just a wee little about the greater good.

But here is an issue that I think most at BN want net neutrality and clearly can see one side is really against that. Can you see that? Is that ok with you, if you are a Repub, a working joe and want net neutrality, but ok to keep being a Repub.

To me they are all about big business and breaking whatever rights we've mustered up over 200 years, to give big business all the power they need to run over the worker even more in the future. I once believed in trickle down, but they didn't keep their end and so I've changed. We all have to look out for A1 first.

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 11:52 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 10:40:
is because of those people who aren't vaccinating for whatever selfish or dumb reason and get infected, then pass it on to ones who are too young to be vaccinated who die or have lifelong complications.

Which is a small chance of that, but then there is a small chance that a person can die from the vacination. But beyond that...

You say selfish and dumb, there is plenty of questions and fraud in medicine. They bring these doubters on themselves. What about the person with 8 years training to become a DR, then leave the practice because they don't want to be pushers for Pharma? These people have inside knowledge beyond what we hear and sacrifice their careers because of this corruption. The point is some people are weary of big medicine, there are books by Dr's warning us, who's lying, who isn't. The point is doubt. So I would use that more than selfish or dumb, confused, uncertain maybe more accurate.

To note family is vaccinated, just saying there is so much bull out there everywhere and then people are surprised or disappointed when some take action against the bull.

This is our current world, doubt. One person doesn't trust Bush, gives you reasons, other side thinks one is nuts. Then Obamma comes in, now the one side is doing the same thing. Gives you reasons, other side thinks nuts. So when someone pulls out the tin foil hat, reverse the table and they'll pull out theirs.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity Physical Rewards Vote Feb 12, 2015, 10:34 HorrorScope

How do I get the disk into the shrink wrapped box? Or is there no shrink wrap or no box?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2015, 18:31 HorrorScope

Ah that's some old news coming back the CA doomsday! I'm betting on 10-20 years... same as it ever was. We just hope to get near average rain in winter and from there the rest takes care of itself.  

News Comments > Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises
36. Re: Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises Feb 11, 2015, 12:13 HorrorScope

Wow, the curiosity game winner even imo tops this. There are no lows. There must be some type of experiment/mission he is on. Trying to see how gullible people can be and he has a $5 bet with Mortimer on it.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 11, 2015, 11:14 HorrorScope

Obviously 10G's means nothing to the buyer, nothing more than charity/distribution of wealth.  

31. Re: Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises Feb 11, 2015, 10:52 HorrorScope

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 00:55:
Seems like just another case of fools and their money. Seriously, this is Molyneux. WTF are people thinking giving him money?

One dude on Steam Forums is so far up Pete's ass, he's still defending this.

30. Re: Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises Feb 11, 2015, 10:52 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 23:01:
You guys really need to shut up and learn some law because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and what constitutes a contract and what constitutes fraud. Stick to what you know, which isn't this.

Cutter be a hero, sue Pete's ass off and win, we're behind you... and a keyboard.

8. Re: Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises Feb 10, 2015, 22:07 HorrorScope

In some ways the guy has become a thief, total shyster, a hustler.

I know I wasn't dumb enough...

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
40. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 19:40 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 14:36:
Holy false advertising batman!

Their "launch trailer" has just trumped all of the B.S. marketing Gearbox pulled on Aliens Colonial Marines, in fact this makes Randy Pitcford look like a stand up honest guy by comparison.

not a single "*actual gameplay not shown" disclaimer.

As for recent trailers, a game I keep an eye out for new content and is highly regarded, the Elite Dangerous Trailer with all the blockbuster action, I'd put up there with some of the most insincere representation.

This game needs a huge dose of "Get to the choppa!"

4766 Comments. 239 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo