Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3540 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10 Redux
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Redux May 5, 2014, 14:28 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on May 5, 2014, 10:49:
Creston wrote on May 5, 2014, 10:45:
SKYRIM!!!!!!
DayZ is the new Skyrim

Not all #1's have equal sales. For as long as Day Z has been #1, I've heard it has now sold 2 million. When you look at it that way, sometimes being #1 on steam isn't all that impressive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam April 2014 HW/SW Survey
14. Re: Steam April 2014 HW/SW Survey May 5, 2014, 14:27 HorrorScope

Orogogus wrote on May 5, 2014, 14:09:
Well, it would matter for people who move their laptops around.

Ok my Win 7 laptop will be rebooted around 10 times this year, forced security updates requiring a reboot. Sleep mode otherwise, with 1 second start times.

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
25. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 14:02 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on May 5, 2014, 14:00:
I don't see how trying to get Facebook money is "sabotaging VR."

Them trying to invest into Ocu and getting shunned. Then shutting down anything they had because of it and then taking Ocu to court over hurt feelings. Seems like a negative vibe to me.

News Comments > Steam April 2014 HW/SW Survey
12. Re: Steam April 2014 HW/SW Survey May 5, 2014, 13:51 HorrorScope

Actually you gave Linux too much credit:
It was one version up .22 while others versions were down, net gain...

Total: Linux 1.26% +0.06%
Last Month: 1.20%

If I rec'd a system with win 8 I'd just get the Desktop Fix and keep moving. No reason to go back that said, imo when people get excited about boot speed increases I see those at least for me and I doubt I'm alone, this year I've rebooted my Win 7 system once so far, I expect one or two more times. It's not like the old days where you could reboot a couple times per day. So whatever that speed difference is, is of no consequence.

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
22. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 13:45 HorrorScope

NewMaxx wrote on May 5, 2014, 12:28:
So let me get this straight...they refused to give Zenimax a stake, then turned around and sold out to Facebook and took John Carmack with them to help lead its development.

No, I can't see any reason Zenimax would be pissed off. I understand that a lot of people live in la-la land where "what's right is right," but civilization is built on laws and lawyers because people are backstabbing assholes.

That said it's business, yep people leave, yes people turn down offers, I'm sure they've had a few work in their favor over the years as well. Seems like they wanted in and when Oculus said no, they whined like children and stopped everything related. "We'll show them" tactics.

Now even with this response we really don't know the nuts and bolts but it sounds like Zenimax didn't get what they wanted and they tried and are still trying to sabotage VR.

Poor babies. I hope they love the backlash of now being an uncool publisher to most now. Might as well just let go the PR dept, that goose is cooked.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
8. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 4, 2014, 19:38 HorrorScope

Seems to me like the biggest smartphones handle the tasks that most would need from a tablet. The tablets biggest win is doing something while mobile over a laptop, but a big smartphone can do it and more.  

News Comments > etc.
26. Re: etc. May 3, 2014, 12:47 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on May 2, 2014, 21:21:
HorrorScope wrote on May 2, 2014, 20:20:
Quboid wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:57:
Why is he in so much trouble with the NBA for this and not for denying housing on racial grounds? That's much, much worse.

Why. Two parts all sponsorship was leaving, has left. But even bigger than that and that is plenty big is the players were organizing a walk out. That forced immediate action.

Why didn't the sponsors walk after the earlier case? Why didn't player protest earlier?

No matter those answers, that is why it moved fast this time. But to answer your why "This took off like wild fire in the media", that is the difference. (Just read Roach, saying the same thing)

News Comments > etc.
25. Re: etc. May 3, 2014, 12:46 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:18:
He's an old racist piece of shit

It's better being one of those vs a young racist. He grew up with it being accepted and he's old, stubborn and set in ways. Plus he'll be gone soon. Then there is a group that has lived through the transformation of acceptance and then there is the 25 and unders which have live in total acceptance. To me it is getting better, the killer is it is almost always black vs white as if there are no other races. Going to take another 40 or so years where all those alive will have been born with acceptance as the norm. There is no talking people set in their ways to just give it up.

News Comments > etc.
24. Re: etc. May 3, 2014, 12:40 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:18:
He's an old racist piece of shit and if he cares that he was recorded then that's up to him to deal with in civil court.

Yep but things that get me that are recorded and videoed is when talking heads are asked who would you like to see as the new owner? Every black commentator answering that question I've heard so far has said "I would like to see an owner of color". Isn't that down the same damn path Sterling went? "He'd like to see his squeeze not with a black person". Black commentator, "I'd like to see the next owner not white". It's all the same shit in a slightly different package but to me obvious to pick up as a match of doing the same damn thing.

But since it's promoting black (at the expense of another) that is ok, because no one wants to touch it and be in fear of losing their job. Well played black race, well played.

This comment was edited on May 3, 2014, 12:49.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews May 3, 2014, 11:26 HorrorScope

shihonage wrote on May 2, 2014, 23:17:
Fargo's main contribution to "Fallout" was its name. Tim Cain is the real father of Fallout.

Fargo is a big-picture, vision guy, the salesman, the puffer. His current position is too small for his skillset, he cannot properly micromanage a garage company. He does not have the low-level knowledge of creating a proper RPG framework from scratch. He believes that quests and choice&consequence are just a series of IF-THEN statements.

This will become obvious soon, when you see the mess Fargo made of Wasteland 2.

Hi Tim, but what are quests/choice and consequences at a coding level? If/Then, Case, Array or some form of programming derivative of those, or something else? Enlighten. Perhaps magic?

On another note he takes big credit with this statement:
He was also very good at spotting talent. "I gave Treyarch their first start in the business. I gave Blizzard their start. I gave BioWare their start. That's what I would do," Fargo says."

News Comments > etc.
21. Re: etc. May 2, 2014, 20:20 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:57:
Why is he in so much trouble with the NBA for this and not for denying housing on racial grounds? That's much, much worse.

Why. Two parts all sponsorship was leaving, has left. But even bigger than that and that is plenty big is the players were organizing a walk out. That forced immediate action.

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
3. Re: Star Citizen Status Report May 2, 2014, 19:00 HorrorScope

Blue's an enabler.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2014, 17:34 HorrorScope

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:28:
Not only that, but RAIN is worse than that dude's piss. It is an open air pond. Contains several millions of parts of bird shit and air contaminants. What a joke. How is this even a talking point....

How they sold it as a talking point was with the public knowing, there would be things like ongoing jokes about "How does your piss water taste today", so with that, that is why they'd throw logic and money out the door.

Instead of saying, it is open air, contaminates get into it constantly, we refine whatever is in there before it ever comes out of your tap. That to me would be Hello? and end of story.

Sort of what I still feel the gov't should still do... just say anything you put in public on your computer is looked at as public record. Then we all know the score etc and can move on. Now it's going to be lie to us and still do the same thing.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November
60. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 17:19 HorrorScope

Living in the area another thought that came immediately to mind was "Good thing those in Marin county have God's money so the can helicopter into San Fran as the Golden Gate is fucked!"  

52. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:51 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:56:
Why nobody ever speaks the truth in politics anymore?

They'd all be self-incriminating. They know it, we know it. We truly have settled for what is being offered to us.

51. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:48 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:56:
Does nobody ever wonder why we don't have such charismatic speakers in the real world?

What? For all his faults, Obama is a terrific speaker.

I think what he meant was substance as well as delivery. Obama is more delivery than anything, which is better than what we had previous, that person had no business talking in public imo.

Also raise your hand... Who thought when they saw "The following was captured on a Xbox One" said to themselves "What I see next will be the worst it will look for next-gen and PC", lol.

30. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 13:41 HorrorScope

I have no clue how good this will be or not, but I have to agree with some of his speech there.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2014, 13:04 HorrorScope

The Portland Water story is really a major face palmer for me.

Wildlife urinate and die in it. Is this water not treated before it goes into the pipe system? It should be and if it is, it is because an open air resevoir is open air and needs final filtration. This has to be the stupidest situation in quite a spell and there has to be some real politics behind this one. There is something else going on here.

Then the part of it being destroyed... lol it all goes back into the earth at the very least and will be back filtered. Wherever this is, it will now be pissed in 10 fold now because of this silly news.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. May 2, 2014, 12:58 HorrorScope

11.6 billion should be loose change for Wall Street.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse May 2, 2014, 12:53 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 1, 2014, 12:51:
How many of you email your elected reps to gripe about this stuff?

I take a shot of whiskey, that equals the same thing, right?

3540 Comments. 177 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo