Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4228 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
15. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 10:56 HorrorScope

Bundy wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 09:47:
Darks wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 09:41:
I see Ubi still hasn't learned their lesson. I guess ill be skipping their games from now on.

Not a big fan of uPlay, but I wouldn't be so quick to jump on Valve's defense. Their cut of digital sales is pretty high, somewhere around 30%. Which is fine for smaller devs who need the exposure Steam can offer, but for Ubisoft, whose games already have tons of press and marketing, and they already have their own digital store where they get to keep it all, frankly I'm surprised they haven't pulled their entire catalog at this point like EA.

That is the bottom line, these people have jobs there and when they have a product they can use that they get 100% of sales vs use someone else product instead with a cut involved, it is pretty easy.

Steam isn't a product of an alliance, it needed to be, but it isn't. Since it isn't you will have this and in this case I cannot fault them, this is real dollars that make a difference.

As a consumer we have the right to choose as we may.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2014, 10:04 HorrorScope

Will be interesting to see if rating the customer and adjusting service on that rating will be a good idea, usually not. So now it will be how much do you tip, takes you to the front of the line?  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
16. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 23:38 HorrorScope

[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 21:21:
Your better off barfing non stop and flushing 1000 dollars down the toilet with a bucket strapped to your head then buying a VR set.

Really bad analogy, no you wouldn't.

News Comments > The Witcher III Free DLC Plans
28. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 6, 2014, 20:38 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 20:36:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 19:47:
Project CD isn't publicly traded is it?

From their website:

CD Projekt S.A. (formerly CD Projekt RED S.A.) is a holding company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Its business activities focus on development of videogames in The Witcher franchise (the CD Projekt RED studio; formerly CD Projekt RED Sp. z o.o.) Its subsidiary companies deal with distribution of videogames and motion pictures (CDP.pl Sp. z o.o.) and operating an online game distribution platform with global reach (GOG Ltd.)

All the more commendable then, not many of those birds around.

News Comments > The Witcher III Free DLC Plans
26. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 6, 2014, 19:47 HorrorScope

Project CD isn't publicly traded is it?  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 6, 2014, 19:45 HorrorScope

Tom wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 18:18:
Too bad about Zalman. Until Noctua came along, it was Zalman for many years for me.

Too bad? Did you read it. The only thing that scam missed was you don't do that shit in Korea but the U.S. now many face prison, in the U.S., perhaps a fine a fraction of what they stole. This makes Curt Shilling's deal look like Lemon Aid Stand fraud.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 6, 2014, 19:34 HorrorScope

It is 21 days to be safe. It isn't they are just taking you for no reason at all and putting you in prison. It is part of the process if you want to help those with Ebola, great for you doing this, but there will be a 21 day "safe" period for all involved. Thank you for understanding we are doing are best to contain a dangerous infectious disease. Nothing personal at all, nothing. Safety first, right?

I wasn't one yelling doomsday, but there is common sense and doing everything we can to make sure it doesn't spread.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 19:24 HorrorScope

VR for FPS then needs Ironside. Play VR in a FPS from the wheelchair of the famous detective. Then it will be true VR for FPS, sitting and shooting from your chair, like Mike would.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 6, 2014, 09:44 HorrorScope

The article is about the extra plastic on the frame can block peripheral vision. Nothing about a toll due to damaging the eye, it just blocks your vision due to bulk.

"I am very pro new technology," said Dr. Tsontcho Ianchulev, lead author of a research letter concerning Google Glass, and a clinical associate professor in the department of ophthalmology at University of California, San Francisco. "I'm an aficionado of anything new or novel, and I myself was an early adopter of Google Glass," he added.

"But I almost got into a car accident when I was driving with it. And the device was even turned off at the time. So, that really alerted me to how much my peripheral vision seemed to be blocked by the frame," he continued.

"What we've done is test the glasses in a very simple low-budget way, using standard ophthalmology to compare it to regular eyewear," Ianchulev said. "And we found that the frame of Google Glass cuts out a portion of your vision that prevents a user from seeing things on the right side of their visual field."

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 5, 2014, 21:54 HorrorScope

How about this? They just raise the prices to cover costs of normal delivery.  

News Comments > Sun Sets on Dawngate
15. Re: Sun Sets on Dawngate Nov 5, 2014, 10:19 HorrorScope

"truly pushed the genre forward in many ways"

Can anyone give a state a couple of these, since there literal? A beta game never getting out of beta has stated it has moved the genre forward.

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM [Updated]
8. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston German TM Nov 5, 2014, 10:14 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 10:05:
Probably wont' look as good as Metro, it'll always be tied down by the awful Gamebryo engine and look like an Elder Scrolls Fallout mod.

They made a lot of improvement/fixes with Skyrim, but you know the models/animations won't be the best. But the game play will be great, something I couldn't say much so far with Metro, feels too much like the game is pulling you along its path.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 3, 2014, 12:08 HorrorScope

The diversion tactic, they are dragging their feet so we quiet down about it, they know how it works, we can't stay (gasp) vigilant about it forever and when that time comes the corporations will get what they want. That's how this all works, right? That is why they will win, the company has singular focus and all the time in the world, would rather have it today, but tomorrow works to.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 3, 2014, 12:01 HorrorScope

Pigeon wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 11:38:
Verno wrote on Nov 3, 2014, 11:10:
Agreed, self driving cars cannot come fast enough. I'll do my pleasure driving on the weekend, the rest of the time its just a stressful chore.

I just think how much better traffic would be if morons and assholes weren't out there fucking everything up for everyone else.

Just remember we are all morons and assholes at some point on the road.

Yeah this is a pretty big life-changer, pretty impressed how fast it is moving along. But to the freedom boys, it is just going to be another way for them to track you, you know damn well all this data is going to be collected, your car will have an ID and be pinging constantly where it is at.

I would love to be able to program and relax, however I wonder if it will be that easy. They will probably tell us we are still ultimately responsible and then we'll have the issue of a long drive it handles it 99% of the time, but I have to stay alert 100% of that time for that 1%. That is going to be rough.

News Comments > Dead State in December
18. Re: Dead State in December Nov 2, 2014, 17:45 HorrorScope

LittleMe wrote on Nov 1, 2014, 15:42:
It's getting 81% favorable on Steam user reviews. Go read those for more balanced and peer reviewed reviews.

80% is my cutoff, enough +90's on Steam to be able to stay in that realm.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
25. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 13:45 HorrorScope

Dagnamit wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 13:37:
I believe the video states the animations are stock CryEngine placeholders. This is a concept video guys, pre-alpha stuff. It's not going to look great, or even good. They just want to give an impression of how it could be. They absolutely have to nail the space sim part of it. I hope the FPS and other parts are just diversions from the grind. If they pull off the diversions competently, and the space sim very well, it's going to be a good game. But I'm an optimist.

I hope Roberts can pull it off.

Well they can just use words... "You'll be able to land on planets and then play in a FPS manner", I think we'd get it. I'm one that doesn't think it looks bad, as said, it is early. It's all about delivering it all.

But I read some of their plans with FPS, it is a lot more than a diversion, many things would be groundbreaking, they were talking a lot of destructive environments, it read as "we'll say yes to whatever you dream up", from a reddit.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 2, 2014, 12:24 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 10:27:
I've always had a particular distaste for these articles about Glassdoor posts. Are bitter ex-employees really a good source of subjective information?

Could be. You don't have to be bat shit crazy off the wall if you get canned and can't be objective about it. But the saying "Grass isn't greener" is really true. As bad as they have it, it is like that most places in most sectors. We can do better, we can make work fun, but in the end we all have should brace that work is going to be work, probably for the best. The economy is good for the company, for the people not as much, but again it's called work.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 2, 2014, 12:19 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 10:46:
I'm laughing at Farm Simulator making it to number two...makes me think of this.

This and snuggle truck... there has to be a very large silent sector of closet style gamers out there.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
5. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 10:52 HorrorScope

Yeah you can't help but be a little excited about having coop buddies working together on a ship and then landing, getting off and doing some squad missions.

That said, how many auditorium reveals do they have per year? And why? Is it an investor grab? Also is that his Dr. Evil suit?

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 1, 2014, 14:12 HorrorScope

They got 5 years to figure it out.  

4228 Comments. 212 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo