Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3594 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2014, 19:26 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on May 20, 2014, 13:44:
These things make for great adult party games, with non-gamers really liking it. But this was true for the Wii, too. How long does that last? A few nights? And then what? And how many new ideas could have come forward with the new, more powerful Kinect? We had dancing, we had a few party games, would anything monumentally different come out that would get those non-gaming friends interested in trying again?

Right. And that sort of sounds attractive until you really find out adult friends don't typically really want to do this all that often. I've never really had a friend asking to come over to play, sort of we steer them towards it while onsite, have some fun, but never anything requested.

Drinking, movies, bar, dinner, table top game, camping, trip... that's about it for adult couples entertainment. Generally.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2014, 19:23 HorrorScope

Tumbler wrote on May 20, 2014, 13:28:
I bought it for my wife, she watches a lot of tv and it's actually farely useful for her in that respect. I don't play any games on it. It runs netflix, amazon, youtube and watchs tv almost exclusively.

Blu-Rays, it also plays blu-rays but far more often it's just an easy way for my kids to watch youtube and my wife to watch tv.

Yeah for me I just bought a $70 Blueray to do all that.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse May 19, 2014, 20:35 HorrorScope

A bribe?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 19, 2014, 17:27 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on May 19, 2014, 15:12:
Now someone can open a competing streaming service and start the process all over with people migrating to it.

And the incentive? Make a billion.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization May 19, 2014, 11:07 HorrorScope

There is a place for all four and chances are many here have it.

Phone - Mobile business and entertainment.
Tablet - Mobile entertainment.
Laptop - Versatile Business.
Desktop - Office, Development and HighEnd Gaming.

IMO the least important is the Tablet, still a cool device, but if one had to go, it would be that one in a easy decision. Now which would be next after that? Now your going to have to pry from dead hands. I needs each.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week
3. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week May 19, 2014, 11:05 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on May 19, 2014, 10:59:
e world asking for this?

Investors and Marketing?

6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 19, 2014, 11:04 HorrorScope

Far from everything need to know. Very shallow overview of a few things. And forgot to mention no pc.  

5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 19, 2014, 11:01 HorrorScope

wtf_man wrote on May 19, 2014, 09:52:
Crytek: 8GB RAM Will be a Limiting Factor For PS4-Xbox One Development.

Uhhh... modern PC Games don't even us 8GB. 2GB Max per 32-bit Windows process

There are starting to be several 64 bit executables gobbling up much more ram. But the kicker here is Crytek say this and it is right in general, sure it has a limit. It is still 16 times more than last gen BUT THEIR NEXT GAME IS MADE FOR NEW AND OLD GEN! I mentioned it a week or two ago, it would have been nice their next effort be Next Gen only, because of ram. So perhaps Crytek should have a team meeting and get everyone on the same page.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 May 18, 2014, 15:51 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 18, 2014, 15:04:
Grabbed State of Decay and Lego Marvel yesterday on Humble.

Both of those are good.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 17, 2014, 15:29 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2014, 14:13:
Whenever I see OUYA I always think of Randy Macho Man Savage going "Oooooooo yeah!"

Dude actually made is sound good though playing with his friends for a day.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 Released; Premium Beta This Month
22. Re: Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 Released; Premium Beta This Month May 17, 2014, 12:07 HorrorScope

Tom wrote on May 17, 2014, 10:56:
You want to get a game cheap? You wait. You want to play now? You pay more. That's the reality of pretty much all games that are sold as a one-time purchase.

Actually there are many examples this doesn't hold true to. But the kickstarter tier I do get much more and when it gets closer to actual release and then they want to make a bit more up front like an EA, now they can't under-cut their Kickstarter people. See Wasteland. I think that and perhaps this is a lesson learned for not only them but others after them. It is sort of an interesting conundrum. If you are going to kickstart, but you also plan EA, then you need to keep your kickstart beta's reasonable or EA won't work well for you.

21. Re: Elite: Dangerous Alpha May 17, 2014, 12:03 HorrorScope

El Pit wrote on May 17, 2014, 03:40:
Yeah, let's all be harsh on this game and the people behind it. How dare they make you pay for early access to alpha and beta? You're of course entitled to get this for free, like every AAA developer lets you get free access to their alpha and beta stages of their games, right? And this game must be shit, I mean, it's actually coming out! How much cooler is SC, the stunning Hangar game?

Guys, really. Sometimes I think some of you should get out of your rooms because the lack of air seems to make thinking difficult for some of you.

We are entitled to speak as a consumer who has an opinion. I mention we all have free will here to buy or not to buy. You make the call, that said, I'm sorry but I find $150 astronomical and far from expecting it to be free. How about you don't over dramatize.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2014, 01:04 HorrorScope

ViRGE wrote on May 16, 2014, 00:00:
HorrorScope wrote on May 15, 2014, 21:30:
Why should it cost more on this new gen?
Because the art requirements go up every generation. Even with tools, the better the textures and the better the models required, the longer it will take to produce them. Which means the size of the art staff balloons.

The textures in many games already had higher versions for the PC. And this new gen isn't surpassing what has been available. If the new consoles owned where the PC is at today, I'd get it, they still aren't even as strong a decent mid-level. So I don't see this spike and go back to their tools should always be improving, to bring costs down to balance out HW gains.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 17, 2014, 00:51 HorrorScope

This was great to see, really looking forward to it. Real coop turnbased (aka real table top on our pc) AND one can even act as DM. A++ (And I think the style kicks)  

7. Re: Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 Released; Premium Beta This Month May 17, 2014, 00:49 HorrorScope

$150 beta, shitty trend imo. That said we have free choice, I'll be 0 for however many of these will ever exist.

Perhaps 4 full release game keys... still not for me, but now I start to feel the value in it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 15:38 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on May 16, 2014, 15:31:
jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2014, 13:27:
Desalinization is incredibly expensive and energy intensive.

Yes, it is. And the longer we wait as a country to start putting plants and infrastructure down to be able to provide basic water necessities once drought reaches critical levels all over, the more it's going to cost.

A simple prohibition on watering lawns would be wise, even though such a thing is obviously beyond any fucking politician's ability to grasp, but it's a stop-gap measure. The only way to guarantee water 50 years down the road is to start going the desalination route. And since it'll take twenty odd years to get that entire infrastructure in place, the longer we wait, the more critical it will become to put down.

We know it's been dry, we can see the SD fires etc.

But there isn't much in terms of water bans still.

Driving I 5 from Norcal to Socal, the irrigation troves are still all full.

Water in many places is recycled, there is just more to this.

Now 50 years, heck even 10, well all bets are off. Who knows? For a long time the North East was having very mild winters and then walla, they aren't. Just need a normal rainy season this winter and no one knows if it will be or not. Chances are imo it will, since it happens more than not. But when you don't have one... it gets projected out.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse May 15, 2014, 23:59 HorrorScope

killer_roach wrote on May 15, 2014, 20:51:
One of Amazon's biggest issues is the fact that turnover at all levels, but particularly in management, is endemic. Sometimes things end up falling to end-line people and new hires simply because nobody knows who else to turn to, and you end up with the perverse issue where, in some parts of the company, veteran low-level people are more knowledgeable about what is going on than their supervisors (simply because they've been around long enough to witness most situations before).

I wonder how they can have any real success like that. And how Wall Street is ok fueling that chaos.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 15, 2014, 21:30 HorrorScope

Why should it cost more on this new gen? To me they should have better tools each year. Motion capture the same as it has been. CGI the same. Moving pixels, same. In fact they should be able to save a little not having to work as hard to optimize on better HW. I think it's phooey, managers should be seeing the trends and several should be down-scaling some and fitting games into the new budget.

They can't really make something more awesome than what PC's have been able to handle for years.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Announced
26. Re: Far Cry 4 Announced May 15, 2014, 21:28 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on May 15, 2014, 18:47:
HorrorScope wrote on May 15, 2014, 18:42:
Held back by 2 barrel last gen systems, would have been nice all next gen based.

eh, speak for yourself - i thought the FC3 engine was damn good enough.. ran super solid with a couple ini tweaks

its most likely unchanged for the most part, given this turnaround time.. used primarily if not exclusively as content creation only

Still be even better if it weren't bound by 512 meg of unified memory.

I do speak for myself.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 15, 2014, 21:24 HorrorScope

"The plan, approved in a three-to-two vote along party lines"

Yup. Guess which party voted yay and which one voted nay?

3594 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo