Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3022 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
93. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 21:46 HorrorScope

Squirmer wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 21:40:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 20:36:
Calling any Thief a sim is a real stretch.
You know the actual genre is called "immersive sim" right? Do you know anything about these games?

Only played them all. They aren't sim like, for one small example you can carry way more than any person ever could. AI another. There aren't many sim-like games in the FPS world. It's just not a sim. It's an immersive fun sneaker, that is what it is.

In what worlds do water arrows, moss arrows, eye's, various bombs like this exist that it the game is sim'ing in the mid-evil world? How bout them pagans and zombies?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

90. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 20:36 HorrorScope

Squirmer wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 20:00:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 18:49:
Now this has to be a Stealth Sim?
Considering it's called Thief, yeah.

Calling any Thief a sim is a real stretch.

News Comments > EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS
36. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 18:51 HorrorScope

Is Soe was to cut off half their customers, it's their call to do so. They are doing the rest of us with 64 bit 4+ gig's a favor. I'd say 32 bit gamer should be thankful they got the years of service they indeed did get. The new consoles as well push this move forward. Few are going to want to do much in the 32 bit world once the consoles hit stride, less small indies.  

83. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 18:49 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 18:41:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 18:25:
Task wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 18:11:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 17:16:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 16:15:
Sooo, in a stealth game one of the first things he does is set a guy on fire? Cause ya know someone burning to death is not going to alert the entire neighborhood.

Very stealthy, called a diversion.

I know that's sarcasm.

True stealth implies nobody saw you EVER

That example people are referring to, how do the other guards know what happened? All they know is the valve busted and fried their comrade. Would they expect a thief shot the valve with an arrow and burst the guard on fire? I doubt it. So the diversion is stealthy, your cover still unblown.

That sounds like a 12 year old reasoning how a obviously undiversion like mechanic is somehow stealth. Dishonored is not Thief.

How would the guard not notice the arrow in the fucking pipe in a lighted area? That's not true stealth period. What you refer to is defined as "optional stealth." - "a game that encourages stealth, but you don't really have to, just shoot the pipe. The other guards won't call a Detective or even consider Foul Play of their dead guard friend Taffer Joe, its alright, go ahead and do it..."

No Einstein, guards in Thief games are alerted to anyone who is dead or found unconscious and only when they are done 'investigating' foul-play is when your cover is not blown.

Then don't fucking do it and just move along in the shadows. I still stay they'd have their fingers up their butt and I'd be long gone. Now this has to be a Stealth Sim? Like I mentioned in just an earlier post, you just got to roll with some of this or nothing in any game really works. If you can do the mission without killing someone (possibly even no bj'ing)... then it's as stealth as a stealth whore needs it to be. Put in several paths for success and you pretty much have the basic Thief formula.

81. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 18:28 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 18:20:
My state of mind on the game? It's simply not a successor to the Thief franchise; just a new big title that's prolly gonna be allot of fun.

Smart. I've done that with many things in and outside of gaming. Face it this is just corporations trying to make dough off of a familiar name. That doesn't mean it is good or bad, but a name anymore, ehhhh. Try not to get caught up in it.

80. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 18:25 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 18:11:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 17:16:
Sooo, in a stealth game one of the first things he does is set a guy on fire? Cause ya know someone burning to death is not going to alert the entire neighborhood.

I know that's sarcasm.

True stealth implies nobody saw you EVER

That example people are referring to, how do the other guards know what happened? All they know is the valve busted and fried their comrade. Would they expect a thief shot the valve with an arrow and burst the guard on fire? I doubt it. So the diversion is stealthy, your cover still unblown.

76. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 17:53 HorrorScope

Squirmer wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 17:38:
Seems like every new addition in this game is about violent and noisy ways to dispatch enemies. Setting people on fire, making planks of wood fall on people, pre-set combo takedowns (whatthefuck). Why couldn't they focus on the core aspect of Thief, stealth, and expand options there instead of making it into a different kind of game.

Well in the realz you have even more ways. So why not allow all kinds of ways and if you want to play it all stealth, no blackjack even, that's your choice master thief. Because you can kill, doesn't mean you have to.

73. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 17:20 HorrorScope

Hard to know what is true...

One poster states it won't have anything magical.
Another shows a zombie.
Developer saying Thief will contain “mystical” elements, but no zombies.

Well we see something like zombies in the video. Who knows. Plenty of time to figure that out on release.

72. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 17:16 HorrorScope

News Comments > Take Two Financials - GTA5 Sells > 32M
37. Re: Take Two Financials - GTA5 Sells > $32M Feb 4, 2014, 17:11 HorrorScope

1badmf wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 07:47:
GTA: STAR WARS anybody?

Why? You can sell what they have with the open source hoodlum license.

36. Re: Take Two Financials - GTA5 Sells > 32M Feb 4, 2014, 17:09 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 01:27:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 22:48:
Iron Man 3 Box Office 1.2 beeleeon in sales

Seriously? That piece of shit made 1+ billion?

Sigh

It's amazing the jack movies are bringing in worldwide. It use to be 1/2 US and 1/2 Intl. Now it's 1/3 US and 2/3's Intl and a lot of movies are killing the 100 million mark now.

19. Re: Take Two Financials - GTA5 Sells > 32M Feb 3, 2014, 22:48 HorrorScope

Top selling album 2013 685K.
Iron Man 3 Box Office 1.2 beeleeon in sales
Last Twilight DVD 4.7 million copies
Perspective.

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Adds Mantle Support
3. Re: AMD Catalyst Beta Adds Mantle Support Feb 2, 2014, 12:46 HorrorScope

Should see some independent benches next week.  

News Comments > EA Salt Lake Layoffs
12. Re: EA Salt Lake Layoffs Jan 31, 2014, 19:42 HorrorScope

Pigeon wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 08:35:
Isn't this standard practice for EA and other big developers? Finish a project or switch directions and its layoff time. Some get rehired for new projects and others with more replaceable skills get to work on their resumes.

Yep it keeps their employee costs way low...

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released
63. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 31, 2014, 00:40 HorrorScope

I wouldn't put bribes past MS towards poor pc support.

Hey maybe the Bone can do 60 FPS and 1080P with Mantle, probably not though.

62. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 31, 2014, 00:33 HorrorScope

UHD wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 12:24:
Interesting that the most impressive gains were in the configuration that needed it the least: the $800 CPU paired with two high-end Radeons. That doesn't impress me as much as it's supposed to, I think.

That is why it will be interesting when we get independent benches with more common hardware.

61. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 31, 2014, 00:31 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 11:36:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 10:04:
... Not bad

NOT BAD?? I'd call that pretty damn amazing.

Remember when Pullman said not bad to Goldblum after saving the planet? Goldblum probably should have stopped him and said "Not Bad? Pretty fucking amazing if you as me!". Lol, it's a good not bad.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 31, 2014, 00:24 HorrorScope

Amazon prime, yeah I do stupid shit just because I can with it. They are trying to destroy everything in it's way retail which I don't want. So I have them lose money on me. I have my reasons why.

Zynga Brilliance:
""We don't take these decisions lightly but we believe these actions will allow us to create a clearer, faster path to win," said Mattrick."

Then why ever hire them in the first place if you can do more faster with less? Comments people make. You just can never get any truths from companies, always on the complete defensive.

News Comments > EA Salt Lake Layoffs
8. Re: EA Salt Lake Layoffs Jan 31, 2014, 00:15 HorrorScope

EA, yes go for mobile which accounts for 15% of your revenue and leave the consoles and pc (75% of revenue) behind. Because that is just smart! (And going by percentage increase YoY the PC is still growing faster than your mobile section. Bravo!  

News Comments > Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week
40. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 18:30 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 11:42:
Shataan wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 11:35:
Never ever thought we`d be paying for demos and Betas. Oh how the times have changed.
Well that is a common miss conception, but you see you are not paying for a beta you are preordering a game and for that preorder in return the developers let you play the unfinished version.

Meat... spot on. I figure we have about another year of having to repeat this over and over until it dies down. This is like Pre-Order + and it's all crystal clear on what is happening. Don't like it, wait. It's so super simple and there are many people that love buying into these.

3022 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo