Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4574 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
2. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 12, 2015, 15:43 HorrorScope

Right V. But then doesn't is ssem like Sony is taking the Indy dev approach here? So I do wonder if it is going to have the AAA polish feel. To me it looks like it is taking the patch of another 1/2 dozen or so of these. Perhaps more money, better talent and tools will play a factor, we shall see. Will read up on it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
44. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 14:12 HorrorScope

So I've read a couple times in the past the monthly review by each dept. Question: Has there ever been a not very good recap from a Dept in one of the months, like "We didn't get a lot done, because we got stuck on this or that. Or this happened that we didn't expect and has set us back?

I only ask because one I'm not that interested to read all of it each month, but the ones I did, was "Ding another good month over here captain". "We like to say the same as well, good month".

If it is all good months then these things are just part of the charade. I hope they have reported faithfully and with a project like this there had to be a not so good month every so often.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2015, 14:07 HorrorScope

1badmf wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 13:19:
apparently peyton's been playing with a torn left quad since december, which would explain the lack of ability to run. also those fluttering duck passes since he can't really drive his weight into his passes.

Yep get the excuse (I don't mean you) out after a lose to try to reason with it publicly.

News Comments > Evolve System Specs
6. Re: Evolve System Specs Jan 12, 2015, 13:20 HorrorScope

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 12:01:
Seems weird that they would support a display resolution that's likely out reach for many but don't have out of the box support for something that's likely much more common.

If by weird you mean dumb, then yes.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
39. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 21:23 HorrorScope

Here is a different setup...

Desk

Go down a few posts...

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
36. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 20:58 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 20:47:
I have knees in the way so I had to remove tray when I moved (I got massive height changeable desk instead) ~.~ I am not the largest dude ever when it comes to height, my desk is very low , nearly touching my knees, and my monitor is raised about 20cm. So no way to have keyboard in a tray (that's really my main problem, with X55 that thing is simply way too high on the desk. in front of me as well I need that lower than that the desk + desk plate is, that's 5cm at most but those are a real problem for ergonomic seating heh...

Bit stumped how to do this.. I mean there is still 5 cm I can go lower with the desk, currently I sit on a chair that's a bit raised but it'd make moving my legs around very annoying...

Right we all have our own setups and issues.

In my case I have a custom built table out from the wall that runs a little bit higher than a standard table. I then have my monitor on a box, for neck. So it works in my case.

The other thing I have though is I use a nostromo so I wouldn't really need to use a keyboard for the FPS part of Elite.

In general:
So where is your hotas?
Where is your keyboard?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 10, 2015, 20:49 HorrorScope

Mobiles don't they work on three tiers or ram.

Main ram usually 3 gig or less, an usually well less of 3 gig.
On board ram 16-64 gig
SD Card 1-128 gig.

I think when sort of comparing it in terms of how pc's work, the main ram is what you are talking about.

For exmaple Droid Razer HD has 1 GB of main ram.

33. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 20:39 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 20:30:
Can I ask you how you arrange your hotas setup? Because there is noway I can sit comfortable on my PC desk with all that stuff lined up next to each other the throttle or joystick, or mouse/kb would be nearly on the other side of the desk... and I'd get neck pain nearly instantly from reaching around that far and holding joystick or throttle for a long time

On top the desk in front of monitor (which is raised, good for neck) is the hotas. The mouse to the right side assuming right-handed. Then have a keyboard slider under the desktop that pulls out. To me that works.

23. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 18:43 HorrorScope

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 18:34:
Wildone wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 17:40:
its already good on the Rift, so how much more on the CV1?! Im lovin the immersion
The problem with Elite on the Rift (and SC, and anything else going this route) is that it works great as a seated experience with HOTAS in hand, but what happens when switching into FPS mode? Now you have to fumble around, unable to see your desk, until you find your mouse and keyboard. And then back, to take off. Interdicted, prepare for boarding? Prepare to switch controls again. And back. And forth. Over. And over.

There is another vr tech that had a mode where you press a button and you can see outside the Rift for things like you are talking about. Does anyone know if they have discussed that for the Rift consumer? At the same point I think most can feel their way back to K/M, to their beverage... maybe a bit more worrisome.

22. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 18:41 HorrorScope

Wildone wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 17:40:
its already good on the Rift, so how much more on the CV1?! Im lovin the immersion

Right but I'm not jumping on a Rift, like I assume most aren't until the first consumer release.

17. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 17:14 HorrorScope

Another spike will be the day the Rift is released and gains traction. A solid plan would be for Frontier to get a good bead on the Rift release and try to have the game at a certain level by then, perhaps even a major patch released at the same time. I'll buy they game either: When it gets a lot more to do or If it is still good and I have a Rift at home and looking for content.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2015, 17:09 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 22:37:
1badmf wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 21:15:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 21:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 19:45:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 19:24:
Wouldn't mind a like system though, good for community.

No a dislike system is far better for our community

If you like it saucy!

hah! dudes here would turn up the trolling to 11 just to get the most dislikes.

So it'd be just like now.. just more orderly?

With a scoreboard!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 9, 2015, 21:14 HorrorScope

Good to see them talk about $60 doesn't really work well today vs all other media and all other media means pc games, mobile apps to, which if were mentioned I missed those.

Not saying no games are worth $60, but more aren't than are at that price point. Even if publishers still cry about it is too expensive, then they should drastically reduce budget on non-mega block busters.

The landscape has changed. Gamestop representing consoles shows another weakness with consoles today. If game price dropped drastically I bet the market would be much stronger.

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2015, 21:00 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 19:45:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 19:24:

No a dislike system is far better for our community

If you like it saucy!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories Jan 9, 2015, 20:59 HorrorScope

Did they ever fix the coop mission phasing issue?  

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2015, 19:24 HorrorScope

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories
7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories Jan 9, 2015, 19:22 HorrorScope

A week or so they pulled the 6 month sub plan, many looked at that to be sign. We love signs.  

News Comments > Friday the 13th Game Revealed
2. Re: Friday the 13th Game Revealed Jan 9, 2015, 19:21 HorrorScope

Chh chh chh
aww aww aww

News Comments > Ubisoft Graduate Program 2015
6. Re: Ubisoft Graduate Program 2015 Jan 9, 2015, 13:20 HorrorScope

So what is the deal, you have a bachelors and then you go to this, for a doctorate or PhD?  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback
8. Re: Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback Jan 9, 2015, 13:06 HorrorScope

I think is where I enter:
The offline version doesn't have this problem.

4574 Comments. 229 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo