Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3885 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
97. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 20:24 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 16:10:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 15:36:
Beamer wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 14:25:
Did any of the people she slept with review her game? I haven't seen allegations of that.

Somehow you then missed the whole premise, because that was the main story and the reason for the article. Not that I care much at all, just more blah blah.

Yes, I saw the lengthy blog. I did not see proof. The girl slept with five people, most of whom were journalists.
Nathan whatever was the most discussed, and he seems to have not only not reviewed her game but only mentioned it twice.

And, frankly, do you guys not think other industries have people that sleep with journalists? I'd imagine Erin Andrews has slept with a few athletes. Of course, to many of the men here, that would be her using her body to get access to exclusives, not, you know, the mirror of here and athletes using their bodies to get coverage.

Well your reply was quite a change from what you originally stated:
"Did any of the people she slept with review her game? I haven't seen allegations of that."

Yes that was the story. Now proof of that actually happening, perhaps or not, I didn't go to the one dudes blog and read it, that would be caring too much.

But why is it of concern to us. Anything that taints gaming reviews I have no problem that being brought to our attention. It's a slap to the industry and if we care about publication ratings for anything, corruption is corruption. Now am I shocked by this? No. But I'll take it as good info to know to then consider source in future, sure.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Previews
6. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 23, 2014, 20:17 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 19:33:
RPG or not, those fuckers need to learn to manage projects properly and post more accurate release windows. It is ridiculous that a developer with their kind of experience can be that far off the original schedule.
Or they did this intentional to get more monies from KS by making it sound for people that what they are pledging for is not too far off.
Either way it is highly unprofessional and does not serve to build confidence or trust in these fuckers' abilities. Quite the contrary.
I, for one, won't be pledging for their next project. They can go and fuck themselves, especially Sawyer with his pretentious holier than thou 'tude can stuff it big time if he's not able or willing to treat pledgers with respect.

Lots of people like Obsidian, but I've seen a lot of their mistakes to. Now we can see it wasn't all the Publisher when it comes to them, they can't budget time and money well, even yet.

78. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 15:36 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 14:25:
Did any of the people she slept with review her game? I haven't seen allegations of that.

Somehow you then missed the whole premise, because that was the main story and the reason for the article. Not that I care much at all, just more blah blah.

68. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 13:37 HorrorScope

[VG]Reagle wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 12:55:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 12:50:
Wow, for someone y'all hate, y'all sure are expending a lot of time and energy talking about him.

Haven't you figured out by now that we all like bitching??

Right, denying that is ignoring the room, which if someone out in la la land needs clarification, it is knowing your surroundings and using some common sense on how things work and adapting to it or staying completely away from.

62. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 11:00 HorrorScope

Editorial.

I may be a simple man and no very little of Phil "The Fish" Fish, but what I do know is you do have to have the right understanding and demeanor to function on the internet. Certain personality types simply cannot function or compartmentalize it for what it is. This isn't a one on one conversation with all the propers involved. It's raw and cold in some places, pc in others. As always you have to know hot to read the room, that in itself is a department of intelligence in each of our heads. Like anything some have that ability and some don't, those that flame out hard on the Gore Internets seem to lack the overall wholeness of room.

61. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 10:50 HorrorScope

heroin wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 17:31:
I wish people would just ignore him and his behavior

I'm doing my part, only when Blue lines him up is when he comes into my life.

60. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 10:47 HorrorScope

SlimRam wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 15:16:
Oh he'll be back. I think he's just one of those people that needs to HEAR that he's wanted back from the public.

Smart money.

59. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 10:47 HorrorScope

mag wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 15:06:
nin wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 15:00:
I'm certainly not saying he deserves all of the venom he gets, but he comes off as the most thin skinned person I've ever heard of.

Makes you kinda pine for Derek Smart, doesn't it?

Yes, but just in thought, just in thought.

News Comments > MMOGs Under Attack
17. Re: MMOGs Under Attack Aug 23, 2014, 10:44 HorrorScope

Well this attack maybe for the greater good.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 22, 2014, 12:46 HorrorScope

7 ways to improve Wifi for home - instead of Repeater use a Powerline, in most cases and for a lot less you'll get better performance this way.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2014, 12:52.

News Comments > A Fistful of Gun Announced
6. Re: A Fistful of Gun Announced Aug 22, 2014, 12:32 HorrorScope

CeeKay wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 11:13:
I thought Red Dead Redemption was the second best western made, and the best was Outlaws.

"Hey Marshall!"

No Outlaws wasn't better, come on...

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 22, 2014, 10:03 HorrorScope

Or notice "My own Company" at #2.  

News Comments > A Fistful of Gun Announced
2. Re: A Fistful of Gun Announced Aug 22, 2014, 09:53 HorrorScope

Looking at it, I'm not sure this is going to be the second best western ever made.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 21, 2014, 10:12 HorrorScope

"51% are putting their personal data at risk by sharing usernames and passwords with friends, family and colleagues"

Well I know my wife's, my wife knows mine and I know some of Jr's and that makes me a statistic here under the term family as is this is a bad thing sharing with those.

If I were to share with a friend I'm 99.999% certain that this isn't the big security scare they sell us day to day and stealing our identity. My house being robbed is more of a threat to me in a case like that. Sell the fear.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized
23. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized Aug 20, 2014, 22:34 HorrorScope

And by the way the name Star Citizen sucks to. There I said it!  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases
14. Re: Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases Aug 20, 2014, 19:57 HorrorScope

LittleMe wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 18:36:
It's a great FPS. I just found the inventory gamepad centered UI to be very frustrating. That said I don't understand most of the hate for the game. They did a great job with BL2. It was a big improvement over BL1 I thought. So what it's not a graphical wonder. It's fun and they got so much else right with the genre.

Yeah if it were as good as BL2 with a fixed inventory that would make me just wait for the first sale.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 20, 2014, 17:41 HorrorScope

MS should be focusing on how to stop these additional add-ons when installing programs. They've clean up Win 7 really well, but this is still a huge thorn. I assume they want to be known as a reliable O/S, they've already lost millions to Apple prior to Win 7 and these things just keep people away. Ask has the nerve to put their logo on their HQ as if the public likes them, they should be underground for being the weasels they are.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized
5. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized Aug 20, 2014, 17:37 HorrorScope

Watching as much of the video as I could.

Reminds me of the movie The Warriors.

He says something (Chris=Cyrus) and the audience goes bonkers except the Warriors. We are the Warriors.

Sounds good, but talk is cheap.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
25. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 19, 2014, 17:50 HorrorScope

Kajetan wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 11:58:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 11:35:
Yep. Not sure why gamers even ask this question any more, it's always the same. But whomever continue your hate for Steam, I also assume that is why Galaxy is coming, but then isn't that just Steam with a new name?
Galaxy has no DRM. At all. Not even optional for publishers to screw around with. No regional restrictions, no bullshit. Just a download client with benefits. Steam, on the other hand, is DRM with benefits

Well then aint that going to be a little slice of heaven?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 19, 2014, 11:55 HorrorScope

98% of passwords aren't cracked they are simply obtained and used.

If it were somebody trying to actually crack a password in the real, if the password is much more than password... they only have so many attempts before being locked out and if said system gives you unlimited attempts esp in a short period, that system is more a problem than anything else.

So I say stop with the fear. Most passwords are obtained because hackers steal the entire DB and hack that.

3885 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo