Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4624 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Void Destroyer Released
12. Re: Void Destroyer Released Jan 24, 2015, 12:59 HorrorScope

That looks a lot more like the ED trailer. Interesting, ship jumping seems cool.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
19. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 24, 2015, 12:54 HorrorScope

Where ever you stand on the subject, I like it overall, educate what you buy into. This is a decline in anyone's book:

MCV can reveal that just $29m was pledged towards video game-related projects in 2014. This is half of the $58m total pledged in 2013.

News Comments > Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free
14. Re: Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free Jan 23, 2015, 14:04 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 13:49:
Slick wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 12:16:
so wait, anyone can "be the zombie" for free, and basically populate a paid players game who get to play as humans? is this what's going on here? (totally didn't watch the video)

No... It's a PVP mode that was announced a while back to be a pre-order bonus DLC. Now they've decided to include it with every copy. I've never heard of anything like what you described; I'm fairly sure they'd be making a bigger deal of it if that's what it was.

PvP only, take everything I said back good in terms of what they are doing then, even though I'm big on the idea of people joining to morph into AI enimies and taking control.

News Comments > Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free
11. Re: Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free Jan 23, 2015, 13:23 HorrorScope

I think this is a great idea, not saying it is perfect setup in this game, but the overall idea. This is what one of the original specs for Unreal was to have way way back.

But I've always thought of a future like this and would be a great MMO Instance one as well, City of Heroes always struck me as one this would have worked with. Spawn into and control the baddies, much fresher challenge.

It does sound like anyone can invade your server "at night" I assume. Not sure if there is an option on the main game side to not allow that.

Now in this case you enter as a "Predator" type being, Zombie. More like Superhero Zombie, perhaps cool. But there are other variations like just spawn into any live zombie at any time and that zombie now has human intelligence vs ai, no special attacks. That is another way to spin this feature in a game.

I like the idea, because it brings a new idea that could really be great in a lot of games. Sort ok like bullet time, sort of like Nemisis. These are seeds to show other games something new and fresh.

Could be killer for Dying Light.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 23, 2015, 10:05 HorrorScope

Bundy wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 09:32:
Verno wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 09:29:
Molyneux warns Microsoft: Don't overpromise on HoloLens.

Literally zero introspection or shame in that guy.

Thanks for Milo Peter!

I'm not sure if Molyneux is oblivious, sincere or just trolling us, and laughing his ass off.

I think he has a condition of some sorts. He is right though in this case, the video unless it can do it, don't pay animators to fake things that is conceivably possible but no one will ever do, because it is also crazy complicated and never done before. To sell the product as put on your goggles, and watch a animated figure out of now where just start playing a game on your furniture in perfect resolution and animation. Yeah, shit like that just happens!

In the fool me once rule... any of me falling for this at this point, is totally a "shame on me". MS never, never learns. If the got something cool, the product will sell itself on whatever it can immediately do.

SEEECRET!

News Comments > GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers
9. Re: GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers Jan 22, 2015, 22:21 HorrorScope

Yeah this is weird, they have plenty of room (~50%) between a 760 and 970 for the 960 to fall into and it is basically a 760 performance wise, cooler/less power, even though the 760 was good already there.

It is cheaper than normal at $200, but only a 2 gig 128-bit memory bus, hmmm...

Maybe there is a 960ti in the future.

News Comments > Game of Thrones Episode 2 Next Month
3. Re: Game of Thrones Episode 2 Next Month Jan 22, 2015, 20:14 HorrorScope

Season or entire product life?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
16. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2015, 20:13 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 13:02:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 10:18:
It's not in early stages since it will be released this fall.

Is that what they actually said? I think they said that it would be released in Windows 10's cycle, not necessarily at Win10's release.

Yes, it made me take notice immediately. But searching the net, I'm finding "no announcement", bad report imo.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 22, 2015, 20:10 HorrorScope

Milo? Where are you?  

News Comments > GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers
6. Re: GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers Jan 22, 2015, 19:52 HorrorScope

That is one of the poorest releases I've seen in quite a while.

The 760 beats it in some benches and in specs, it beats it in many ways.

Shocked.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 22, 2015, 19:42 HorrorScope

Well it was from the guy that you Facemash so you all get what you deserve.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 22, 2015, 19:29 HorrorScope

MS if they cared, perhaps about putting a few mil down on a time exclusive game, share that money with devs to bring over some needed apps. But I'm not sure if they really care about mobile, if they do, they are even dumber in that market. Who runs that place?  

13. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2015, 10:18 HorrorScope

Bundy wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 00:34:
Well a bunch of tech journalists did get to play with it. Their first impressions are all over the internet. It's still in it's early stages but there are working prototypes. I think this is further along than you suspect.

It looks like it still needs to be miniaturized a great deal and the viewing angle could be a lot wider.

It's not in early stages since it will be released this fall. What the source on TV said, reading a little more above, perhaps they are confused then with Dev Kits in the fall.

Just don't see how you can put on glasses and the cartoon characters can just appear and use your furniture as Mario's super world. Just seems so far ahead of anything I've seen previously (Milo), that I have to think they are over-promising/under-delivering again. And if the tech is cool, they shouldn't do it to it like that.

Or they are trying to blur lines with the Oculus coming and they are hoping to get everyone thinking it all sucks, I dunno.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2015, 10:30.

News Comments > Roberts: Star Citizen Will "Probably" Pass $100M; Release Schedule Expanded
14. Re: Roberts: Star Citizen Will Jan 22, 2015, 10:10 HorrorScope

Well we got some updated dates to measure against. We'll see.  

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 21, 2015, 23:55 HorrorScope

I want to see a character come to life and bounce off my couch and coffee table like that. I believe it will happen just like that, just like how Milo was so smart. My guess the cloud is powering it.

Monkeys Flying out of asses

They've been working on it for years... SEEEEECRETLY!

Not no more.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2015, 00:00.

News Comments > More on Windows 10 and Xbox
13. Re: More on Windows 10 and Xbox Jan 21, 2015, 23:53 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 23:25:
Redmask wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 21:16:
This is dumb pandering to tablet owners, all 10 of them who have Microsoft tablets.

Hey, man! It's the official tablet of the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE!!!

*five dipshits in bad suits fake-laugh uproariously*

Is that a kickstand?

News Comments > Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced
10. Re: Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced Jan 21, 2015, 23:52 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 23:22:
PC gamers rejoice! Today the announcement you’ve been waiting for has been made; Fable Legends will be available to play on both Windows 10 PCs and Xbox One.

Who, exactly, was waiting on that? Also, if that's what we have to rejoice about with regards to Windows 10, then... yay.

Right. They just announced a product with zero market data to back it up. This is what they consider a good idea? This game cross platform. Que Out of Touch Hall and Oates.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 21, 2015, 21:23 HorrorScope

Many of those they are to big for the crib and they just easily crawl right out. Impossible? Disappointed videos more like it.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 21, 2015, 18:38 HorrorScope

Julio wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 17:28:
Time for the movie model to change. Drop the theaters, fast to online, disc sales and streaming.

North Korea is our ally, they need to threaten the industry as a whole.

News Comments > Diablo III Lag Fixed
5. Re: Diablo III Lag Fixed Jan 21, 2015, 18:37 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 18:02:
who the fuck still plays this? or i guess a better question is: how many times can a sane person repeat the exact same dungeons over and over and over? 5? 10? 50? 100? 1000?

There are players that play mmo's or a single game forever and a day. I assume I have ADHD since I cannot do that. I'm good for the industry, they are good for their personal wallets, many of them. I wish I had their patience.

4624 Comments. 232 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo