Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3385 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Popup Dungeon Kickstarter
14. Re: Popup Dungeon Kickstarter Apr 4, 2014, 23:02 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 19:43:
I want to see an isometric NWN style game done with the UE4 engine. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout, Willis!

Funny, you want something right now with UE4. DOS looks plenty good.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Popup Dungeon Kickstarter Apr 4, 2014, 16:39 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 16:24:
Paper cutouts? Cereal? Sigh. Will somebody just please make an NWN style game. With actual graphics that look sweet. Allowing you plug in modules/sets - fantasy/sci-fi/post-apoc/western/etc. - to create adventures as you see fit. Heck, just start with fantasy then sell the forthcoming sets as DLC later.

Nothing is an exact replica. But I don't see why Divinity OS can't be right down the NWN path, it does many things better and perhaps a few not as well. But with the editor, you can make your own, run coop campaigns, etc.

As for this, the gfx are still good and has a lot of hope as well. If you can't get over the gfx to me that's a bad on you. That's secondary.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
43. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 15:44 HorrorScope

I haven't seen any mods uploaded yet, where's the naked one's at?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 15:32 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 12:37:
- Operation Northwoods in 1960s the American Joint Cheifs of Staff signed off (and given a big negative by Kennedy) was a plan to blow up American airplanes on American soil and blame it on Cuban Terrorists (all now declassified to show the crazy things they are capable of thinking up or doing)

This speaks volumes to everything politically we heavy weights here discuss. lol

A. Proof of conspiracies.

B. JFK was a saint and he talks about conspiracies (Search 1961 speech) and that we should have no problem being probed, if there are mistakes we'll fix them, not hide everything under National Security.

C. That are own officials will do the sickest things and blame others.

D. By doing so cast such a large shadow of doubt, anything is possible, yes 9/11 being an inside job possible. This is the same type of shit, the exact same type of shit.

E. Most prez go along with what generals and staffers dream up.

Man I'd love to see the day we stand up for our sins, no quarter, just stand up and then turn over a new leaf and begin again. And stop being the worlds police, this is what starts all this shit. POV... we have to look like total low lifes and this isn't what we are about. Just what some sick power hungry people are about.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2014, 10:16.

8. Re: Popup Dungeon Kickstarter Apr 4, 2014, 15:02 HorrorScope

This one looks really good.

Coop
TB
Tons of flexibility

The 100K goal would be ideal, that feature alone is gold.

Wizard of the Coasts should be signing this group up for DnD licensing, like yesterday. It's what they tried to do years ago for a lot more $$$.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep
15. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Launch Prep Apr 3, 2014, 21:10 HorrorScope

Are the rumors true, release was delayed two days so they could change it over to FTP?

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2014, 21:48.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 3, 2014, 14:20 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 11:58:
Hehehe.

Also, "expectations" for Shenmue 3? Didn't like 5 people and a stray camel buy Shenmue 2?

Shenmoo... Where drying paint goes when it wants to fall asleep.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
32. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 3, 2014, 00:31 HorrorScope

It only has to be big enough for me that game devs develop for it.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2014, 18:01 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 16:23:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 16:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 14:20:

No that's just you VR with proper presence is an absolute game changing technological revolution. And 1 step of many to the holo deck.
I heard almost word-for-word that same sentence back in 1996 when I started working in IT. It didn't hold true then either, it's not true now. The biggest problem with VR headsets are the novelty effect and motion sickness.

While I agree that it doesn't hold true until it does, all of the people who have actually tried it have said that this time it's different. Cory Banks tried both DK1 and DK2, and said DK2 was an order of magnitude better experience and completely sold him on it. I've read a dozen other people who say the same thing. I've not read one negative article by someone that has tried it. I couldn't say that about VR back in the 90s.

1996 vs 2014.

The point we make, the point the makers make is... they understand there is a lot of issues that need to be addressed. Before they just did what they could easily enough and hoped. This gen we have much better tech but more importantly an understanding of what it has to be to be successful. They have said this over and over, that alone makes this attempt noticeably different. That said, it could still fail. We'll see. But I won't take 1996 as any indication.

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 2, 2014, 15:29 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 15:15:
The higher res you go the more beast your machine needs to be, if they push it too far it'll limit their sales even more.

Will you be able to scale it down to gain performance?

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 2, 2014, 15:28 HorrorScope

I think expectations are:

DK2 1080P
Consumer Version 1440P

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned
14. Re: Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned Apr 2, 2014, 12:27 HorrorScope

Wildone wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 12:05:
wow cool so it works for you, everyone else must be bat shit crazy! kk

If it works for no one but the OP (leave my family out of it) how's come there are a lot more people than just the OP playing? Do you think it is possible that things are overstated as well?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2014, 11:32 HorrorScope

The Germany law could be useful in the states.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned
10. Re: Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned Apr 2, 2014, 11:29 HorrorScope

With OP. As I've read thread after thread, ping'd son 6 feet apart. "How's your BF4 exp been"". "Good so far." "Really? People online are raging". "Every so often I get bounced from a server but that's about it, nothing different than most games".

I'm not saying people don't have problems, I'm not saying there aren't some issues. All games imo have some sort of issues, "Killcam Issue?", I wouldn't make that much an issue at all towards the overall game.

So mileage varies, on this end the game has been satisfactory for months. (Intel/NVidia setup)

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
28. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2014, 17:33 HorrorScope

Choppa's never fly in bad weather? I'd have to think that is more distracting than a small glare.

As for the possible 14 years, sounds like the guy is a real issue and it's about his past as much as it is his current situation. Sounds like it's a hobby of his to try and laser things in the sky. Troubled.

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen
34. Re: Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 15:58 HorrorScope

Is someone suggesting someone is out there looking to buy a space hangar?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Mar 31, 2014, 17:09 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 16:34:
Welp, 4 hours in and much like Loverboy, I'm lovin' every minute of it.

Now that totally has to be a Canadian thing.

29. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 31, 2014, 17:06 HorrorScope

Panickd wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 14:58:
4K is going to happen because the entire entertainment/electronics market is pushing for it to happen not because the average person is going to see much benefit from it.

Right and all things equal I rather have a 4k, even though it's not omg better, it's still better and if you are giving me that for no extra cost. Yup.

28. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 31, 2014, 17:04 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 14:58:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 12:38:
The question for me is do I go 4K Projector or an 80"+ 1080P TV to replace my 720P projector when that time comes?

I guess it depends on when/how you'll be using it? The projector give you a bigger picture than the TV, but you'll only be able to use it at night. Projector is portable though, so you could take it to a friend's / relative's house. If it were me, I'd go with the TV.

I have a room for a projector (not wanting to sound too fancy, no I don't have theater seats and rows, that to me is corny) but I can make it dark at any time. It's close because as good as the projectors are, there is still more pop with flat panels and when you can get good deals on 75", that's a pretty fair size.

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 31, 2014, 13:36 HorrorScope

BitWraith wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 13:19:
[4K would definitely benefit larger sets (100+ inches), so I see your point.

Sort of funny, they benefit over 100" and those at 5" in the VR-scape. And in-between they do, but law of diminishing returns applies.

3385 Comments. 170 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo