Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5241 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale Begins
4. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Begins Jun 3, 2015, 10:34 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 10:16:
I've been buying more gog lately, not only for it's exclusives, but the fear that one day steam will finally do something unforgivable and I'll be done with it.

I get your point, but take this outside of gaming to security/news/terrorism that is pushed on us. How many people live in fear over what if's? I can't believe I know people, I'd had assume it was just few, but there are many. I have to compartmentalize this the same way. I just have to live outside of these fears, to me it would be a bit batty otherwise.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 2, 2015, 18:17 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 14:24:
linking some childish liberal blogs

Funny as I grew up I realized I was saying one thing and doing another.

Saying "People are different"
Doing "Not respecting that"

In time I trained myself to respect it and then I saw one party of assimilation and another of inclusion. Overall I had this ideal drive my ideology the most, not totally, just the most. I feel it is a critical point and tends to affect many things in life. One is impossible to obtain on Earth, the other is pretty much the reality of Earth.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter
22. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Jun 2, 2015, 17:41 HorrorScope

Brumbek wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 13:54:
Just backed at $20 since I've been thinking of buying Wasteland 2 for quite a while now (didn't have time to play before so didn't buy). So basically I'm getting Bard's Tale IV for free considering I was going to buy Wasteland 2 for about $20 when the GOTY update came out.

Same, it was more than a good deal if one was wanting Wasteland 2. I was sitting back waiting for the near final patches.

News Comments > Steam Expands Refund Policy
27. Re: Steam Expands Refund Policy Jun 2, 2015, 17:26 HorrorScope

Good deal. The reasons why I want a refund rarely happens, but it is nice to know a refund will be on the way when I use it.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jun 2, 2015, 12:06 HorrorScope

Looks like a modern setting arpg. Mac doing this, something to look forward to later in the day.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 2, 2015, 11:30 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 09:19:
And are more willfully uninformed than ever in history...

Are we? I'd think 200 years ago, you only knew of what was right around you and every so often news from the King's Court.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Hatred
21. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 2, 2015, 11:04 HorrorScope

Xero wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 07:56:
I've only played the tutorial and first mission so far.

I would definitely not buy this game for more than $3 bucks with the content provided so far.

Well here's to content beyond the first mission!!!

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Hatred
20. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Hatred Jun 2, 2015, 11:02 HorrorScope

Squirmer wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 02:15:
I doubt anyone's buying this based on whether it's actually a good game or not.

I can assure you if I do buy this it will only be based on this. The rest of the baggage is no more than forum blah blah to me.

Where's the love here?

News Comments > NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features
52. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 2, 2015, 01:32 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 18:03:
Is it just me or does vsync always create unreliable/inconsistent performance? The newest example is in The Witcher 3. Sometimes the fps can very noticeably drop, and when I disable vsync then.. I don't notice it at all. And that's basically my experience with vsync since forever.

Yes when you have a game that can't keep a constant 60. If you do have one, to me it is better also keeps the card cooler.

24. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 1, 2015, 12:50 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 10:51:
I'd really like to get a g-sync monitor, but neither of the current manufacturers are trustworthy. I went through 3 Acer monitors over a weekend, each one had stuck pixels. Ended up just getting my money back and buying an LG.

I've owned plenty/seen plenty and sounds like bad luck. Stuck pixels to me seem pretty rare these days. I'd not think twice personally on a acer, I'd just return it and get another one if something was wrong.

As for tearing, varies game to game.
As for vsycnh messing with mouse feel, varies game to game.

I prefer synch'd for sure, the top down arpg's to me are the most notable when scrolling the canvas, followed closely by a FPS with tearing.

19. Re: NVIDIA Launches GTX 980ti; New Drivers; & GSYNC Features Jun 1, 2015, 12:00 HorrorScope

Obviously pricy, but nice performance #'s.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch Plans
9. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch Plans Jun 1, 2015, 11:21 HorrorScope

Mac's not gonna be happy, I don't see anything about movement of Geralt. Well hopefully the button mashing is gone.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 31, 2015, 16:46 HorrorScope

What does it matter? If people pay money to support it in some fashion, then they do, fuck the label, whatever. It is competition and it's the best they can find that will do it, not sure why we care either way.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Loses Class Status; Drops Gearbox
10. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Loses Class Status; Drops Gearbox May 30, 2015, 00:06 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on May 29, 2015, 22:42:
The only thing that's come from all of this is more disclaimers on videos released stating that the game may not look like what is shown in them.

You mean like those mobile commercials?

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale in Spring?
6. Re: Steam Summer Sale in Spring? May 29, 2015, 20:40 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on May 29, 2015, 20:32:
Acleacius wrote on May 29, 2015, 20:26:
It would be a good move, more money spent and more people playing games through out the summer.

How's that a good move? Think about stuff like health insurance. All those fat obese immobile kids with their candy paws glued to a fucking controller are going to drive premiums up.
I, for one, am hoping that kids go outside in summer more and play other games.... like chasing some pussy.

Try harder next time, you're slipping.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
59. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 18:32 HorrorScope

This is the way it is because of hype. The hype brings everyone from both ends. Does hype do us a damn bit a good?  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews May 29, 2015, 18:30 HorrorScope

Yeah it's all about this dreamed future of mobile that has a very good chance of not happening like they and other predict. This is what you get when the market is based on Free with micro-trans and advertising.

As for on the PC, doesn't matter to me, don't need them.

News Comments > New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection
46. Re: New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection May 29, 2015, 17:40 HorrorScope

Well good news for everyone, plenty of race games to choose from now and more coming. Not like this is a big need for us.  

News Comments > New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection
18. Re: New Need for Speed Requires Internet Connection May 29, 2015, 11:25 HorrorScope

Fion wrote on May 29, 2015, 11:20:
Best NFS game was Porsche Unleashed, but Hot Pursuit was very fun. It was also the last NFS game I ever bought. By the looks of things, that isn't about to change.

Which was one you bought that you didn't like?

News Comments > Oculus Rift Price Discussed
39. Re: Oculus Rift Price Discussed May 28, 2015, 15:18 HorrorScope

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 28, 2015, 15:09:
I made that mistake in the past and paid dearly for it.. and for the minor expense of getting a mid-grade PSU, it is a lot more comforting knowing that I have a stable and reliable power supply in my rig.

Mid-grade, sounds about right, but what is that and those can still be found cheap. Yes there are really cheap PSU's but those may have the watts, probably not, but they won't have the connectors. Today driving a newer GPU, you are probably already into mid-grade by default and those can be found from time to time at $35, most of the time easily found at $50.

5241 Comments. 263 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo