Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3016 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > 7 Days to Die Facelift; Sale
5. Re: 7 Days to Die Facelift; Sale Feb 7, 2014, 19:59 HorrorScope

This is a very fun game with friends, even right now. I've played a lot of finished games that are not as good.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Patches
4. Re: Morning Patches Feb 7, 2014, 12:29 HorrorScope

I don't have either of the two mentioned, but I do play 7DTD.

I wonder if people feel that has the same issue? Because being familiar with that, since you can create your own servers, you can A. Make your own and control who comes into it. B. Join a trusted server of someone elses.

Yes I would assume a wide-open public server would be lopsided in some manner. Now if you like that or not is up to the individual.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $38M
52. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 20:14 HorrorScope

Tom wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 19:53:
I'm just a little annoyed that we've had like 100 Star Citizen threads here, and in every single one there's been this overwhelming stream of negativity - mostly from the same people every time. It's like they feel compelled to repeat the same extremely pessimistic views every time they see another Star Citizen thread. I understand that this is the nature of the Internet, and certainly everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but come on people. Did Chris Roberts murder your families? No. Give the guy a frickin' chance already. It's not like his track record is THAT BAD.

$0.02

You have a point, but then do they have to report and then Blue follow that up a post here for every single million they got? We got it, you have a lot of donators from wherever they hell they are coming from. If each million wasn't reported, there would be a whole lot less bitchin about this game going on here. So as Ac/Dc sang... "Who made who?"

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 6, 2014, 16:02 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 15:52:
I'd say more like 73% don't want or care about Ultra HD. I sure as hell don't.

The biggest issue is it just takes a lot more HP to move it around and for such little gain in TV viewing. On the PC side there are some reasons to push 4k, my favorite is if you can play a 4K game at 60FPS, then I'll be swimmin in pig heaven at 1080P. But supposedly these higher rez's can also help out in the VR world. But as said it is going to take a lot more system power to pull them.

47. Re: Star Citizen Schedule Feb 6, 2014, 15:01 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 14:20:
Development of the real Squadron 42 game has actually started just fairly recently (December) at Foundry 42, the Manchester UK based studio that is headed by Erin Roberts.
Of course they'll be using a lot of the assets that the teams in Austin and Santa Monica (and elsewhere) have created but they are starting from scratch with mission #1.

Also, there is not going to be a "full release" as far as Squadron 42 is concerned. Erin Roberts has confirmed that Squadron 42 is going to be an episodic game.
The release of the final episode is supposed to be timed to coincide with the launch of the persistent universe (most definitely nowhere anywhere remotely near "early 2015").
Foundry 42 just started working on S42 in December. I have very serious doubts that there will be a first episode in early 2015. On the other hand they haven't really committed to what constitutes an "episode" so if it's three missions at a time, well, then it might happen but I wouldn't expect anything substantial before mid 2015 at the very earliest.

Geeze really stringing it out. Now you didn't invest in a game, you invested in an era of games. I bet that was in the KS description. Episodes now... rather have Bears roaming the office during a menstrual cycle. Looks like 3 others will be out before this, if any are good, they'll steal a lot of thunder probably.

46. Re: Star Citizen Schedule Feb 6, 2014, 14:57 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 13:17:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 13:05:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 12:41:
The way I see it, there are no decent space sims out there so I've got nothing to lose by backing this. It is one of my favourite genres and I'm happy to gamble on a title as promising as this. However, everything I've seen so far has been positive.

If people don't want to back it then don't - wait for the final game to be released, check out the reviews and decide whether you want it then. But clearly a lot of people have faith in this project.

What is interesting is there are now like 4 space sims in development. As for backing it, you are right our choice. Doesn't mean we cannot comment though. Blue lines them up, we knock them down.

You are correct a lot of people do have faith, to the tune of 38 million and counting. People had faith in Bernie to.

do you know how many people have faith in our Lord God Almighty? Angel

Now you are comparing apples to grenades. Now Chris is even a false prophet on top of everything else. lol

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Feb 6, 2014, 14:54 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 13:20:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 13:00:
InBlack wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 09:41:
This game cant arrive soon enough Really stoked for it!

When did they do the KS? A year ago? It was in alpha back then. Hurry up already!

Q: When will this be out?
A: We are currently aiming for February 2014.

probably wont be finished for another 6 months at least

Yes E.A. has bought them more time. I'm pretty confident this year and imo let it be as long as they need. The first impression will be huge, this game has a chance at being a NWN3 type placement. So do it right and gain the glory.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
49. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 6, 2014, 13:21 HorrorScope

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 06:05:
InBlack wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 05:49:
You have some serious problems dude. The guy is a dictator of the biggest country in the world and he is responsible for ruining your childhood?? Usually Obama gets blamed for shit like that...

I hate to come out of nowhere and defend a random guy on here, but I think you underestimate the psychological impact of the Cold War. Operations based on this hit their peak in the 80's. He wasn't saying Putin caused the problem, he said he's reviving it. The Soviets caused a lot of problems that even decades later have an emotional effect on people; their intent was to derive fear and dissent in the enemy populace.

It creates the issue where you can't separate meaningful protest from falsely-induced which generally leads to a government crackdown, not much unlike the concept for 9/11 was from the attackers' viewpoint (which worked, as it led to the Patriot Act and an economic recession). This kind of existential stress leads to all sorts of secondary ailments in society - everything from anxiety requiring medication to failed marriages and ridiculous politics.

So, yeah, him basically saying "F off" to Putin's efforts is a bit of psychological backlash that is likely warranted from the crap people had to put up with in the early 80's leading back three decades.

Spot on. It is bullshit, so if we can't have a real war (worse) we have to have a fake one to keep the BS flowing. I hate what they made us watch in classrooms in the 70's to this day.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
48. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 6, 2014, 13:17 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 05:49:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 15:51:
Dmitri_M wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 15:21:
Surprise surprise the rest of the world isn't America or Europe.

I've seen Canada, Spain, Korea, China and others, no problems there.

It's sad that Putin wants to bring back the old cold war bullshit, bully the voting process etc. So I get to smear in his face, "Where the fuck is the we will bury you U.S.S.R of yesteryear? All fucking talk and no do, pathetic. The self absorbed photo's a total insecure joke.", I only say this because in the 2nd-5th grade we had to watch propaganda films on how the Soviets were eating our lunches. Your fucked up ways messed with my childhood, you sucked then and you suck now. It is just what it is. Stop having to tell people what to do and say, accept the criticism it deserves and then and only then will you really be able to turn things around. Ego maniac.

You have some serious problems dude. The guy is a dictator of the biggest country in the world and he is responsible for ruining your childhood?? Usually Obama gets blamed for shit like that...

Perhaps you didn't understand the scope of what I write. America was fucked up brainwashing me into it. Their bad. USSR was idiots with the whole "We'll bury you" which triggered the American propaganda towards the youth in the 70's, we suck, they are stronger, 365 schooling (Fucking Lie). So there is plenty of blame to go around.

As for putin or any commie leader, I still want to know why they are so insecure that they have to have everyone have photo's of them everywhere? When you know damn well the people wouldn't have them there if they had a choice. That is phony ass bullshit of the highest degree and is a huge +1 for capitalized worlds. Now obviously a +1 for commie countries to no breed homosexuals, another fucking joke. They have to lie like a rug to think that gives them credibility.

As for facilities that don't work... figures. And we were worried about being buried by them. Looks like they'll burrie themselves in their own shit.

Is that any better? And by the way I was 100% correct with other countries not America or Europe hosting successful Olympic games, so

And are you saying he is not forcing his stay as furor? And doesn't want the old Russia back and all that goes with it? I think he is a wonderful example to America. The KGB in him won't die, it's all he knows, it what he wants. Just like we are run by the CIA/Military etc and they may say one thing, but really want some type of war going on to keep relevance and keep money greasing those making the decisions.

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2014, 13:23.

40. Re: Star Citizen Schedule Feb 6, 2014, 13:05 HorrorScope

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 12:41:
The way I see it, there are no decent space sims out there so I've got nothing to lose by backing this. It is one of my favourite genres and I'm happy to gamble on a title as promising as this. However, everything I've seen so far has been positive.

If people don't want to back it then don't - wait for the final game to be released, check out the reviews and decide whether you want it then. But clearly a lot of people have faith in this project.

What is interesting is there are now like 4 space sims in development. As for backing it, you are right our choice. Doesn't mean we cannot comment though. Blue lines them up, we knock them down.

You are correct a lot of people do have faith, to the tune of 38 million and counting. People had faith in Bernie to.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 6, 2014, 11:26 HorrorScope

1badmf wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 10:45:
do they really need to resort to stealing every last cent like this?

I'm tellin ya's...

What we do and play we are old "have everything for one price broadband gamers". Meaning once upon a time you paid $40 for broadband for unlimited. You paid $50 for a game for unlimited. Wall Street has said publicly in print they do not like that model, they are leaving dollars on the table.... to both. They don't like one price unlimited.

So what is the new:

Cell phone contracts and charges for internet access.

Mobile transaction based games. All these phones and pads... perfect time to introduce the new model for those saps.

Wall Street believes this constant trickle of dollars coming from casuals will out pace the one time buyer.

We will see. For me it comes back to. Hardcore are less but they spend serious dollars. Casual are unpredictable in what will catch on and are tight with their dollars, but perhaps they can get a few dollars here and there and that when all added up, more paying less is greater than less paying more.

Now I come back with, drop your AAA hardcore games down and more will buy them, because that is the train of thought you are using with casual gaming, more players, less cost. But they are scared, they know this isn't a slam dunk, so they need to foster the hardcore as-is because it could comeback to that and if they tainted the market with lowers costs, it is going to be hard to re-bump it.

In the end I think this hope for casuals being the driving force in game sales will fall short. It's way too much miss and trickle. A few games will be huge, but you won't know where it comes from and when and that is just not possible to plan.

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Closed
14. Re: Titanfall Beta Closed Feb 6, 2014, 11:16 HorrorScope

I don't read it being closed beta at this point an issue, pretty standard for a non-mature IP. No reason to hate until we know they really did something to deserve it. We'll have all the bandwidth at that time to let'm know how we feel.  

35. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 11:11 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 03:55:
No one on this site ever admits being wrong.

I have a few times, BN posters have no problem correcting a mistake. I have no problem being educated. Just saying.... because I have.

We are all critics here, we all have decades worth of gaming experience to draw from, sometimes as a group we are wrong, most of the times though... probably spot on. We comment because we care.

My thoughts again "Too good to be true" and/or "Man this is going to take a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time to finish". We all hope for a knock out here, but were are bracing for a ground out double. Why, because of decades following gaming and the promises here are now possibly the most promises ever for a single game.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: CEA: 73% Of Those Who See An Ultra HD TV Want One Feb 6, 2014, 10:26 HorrorScope

ldonyo wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 09:31:
I see stuff in stores all the time that I would like to have. That doesn't mean I can afford to or plan to buy it.

Or that I will buy one once it is affordable, because I'm still fully satisfied with the TV's I do have. 4K Projector under a grand... that would peek my interest.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 6, 2014, 10:22 HorrorScope

DK now seals a 4-peat next March. (Edit: To clarify, not this March, that has already been sealed a while back, talking 2015's March! lol)

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2014, 11:06.

19. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 23:41 HorrorScope

Tom wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 23:20:
Another Star Citizen post, another raft of BN regulars pissing all over it. *yawn*

I've come to hope the game is successful JUST to prove you guys wrong.

Even the critics want to be proven wrong. It right now simply falls under "the too good to be true" designation. Weeze all from Missouri, "show me!".

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 22:33 HorrorScope

It's still a good deal from New Egg, if we can't use it business IT can.  

News Comments > 50 More Steam Greenlights
5. Re: 50 More Steam Greenlights Feb 5, 2014, 22:30 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 21:37:
I thought they were going to can Greenlight?

Once the let the next 10,000 through.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie an Oculus Rift Exclusive Launch Title
8. Re: EVE: Valkyrie an Oculus Rift Exclusive Launch Title Feb 5, 2014, 22:27 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 22:24:
Then there's who's actually going to adopt it. Remember Intel MMX technology?

There have been dozens of memo's sent out on games having or adding support. It is just about getting out, I'd say latest next spring, but could be this year. It's going to be a hot item.

4. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 21:10 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 20:31:
He's being open and transparent with players.

Has that ultimately been determined?

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2014, 22:28.

3016 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo