Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4766 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 19, 2015, 22:33 HorrorScope

Mandated by law? Obviously this guy is mistaken. Mandated by GOD!!!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 19, 2015, 22:32 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 21:15:
You know, as much fun as it is to rag on TWC and Comcast for being the miserable piece of shit corporations they are, in the end they can't prevent some of their employees having a shitty day and deciding to be mega-assholes.

Fight Club with names. Maybe not allow a 3rd party to edit customer data.

News Comments > Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux
22. Re: Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux Feb 19, 2015, 21:29 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 13:26:
I understand that people are mad at Peter, but I think calling him a "liar" is inaccurate. That implies a deceptive intent from that start, that he said all those things knowing he'd never deliver. I've never found that to be the case with him.

Milo. He knew. He knew.

And then probably little deep down one's he doesn't want to admit to.

News Comments > Elite: Deadly TradeMarked
5. Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Feb 19, 2015, 21:19 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 21:08:
So has anyone actually reached either Deadly or Elite status in E:D yet?

No. And it does nothing for Erectal Dysfunction either.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 19, 2015, 21:00 HorrorScope

Fantaz wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 12:23:
nin wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 10:03:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 10:00:
"40 percent more PlayStation 4s in use than Xbox Ones by 2019"
That will largely depend on available games for the system. Exclusives sell consoles not hardware specs!

Man, The Order is getting beaten the hell and back. Sad. It looked to have a lot of potential, but just didn't deliver.

Maybe I'll grab it at $30...

Alien Isolation and Dying Light got rated poorly but both are very good games imo. i don't even pay attention to reviews anymore lately.

I've been using this for a good while and I haven't been burnt.

A. You have to like the genre, duh.
B. Use Steams overall Rating. 80%+ only, many are 90%+.

Both the games you mention are 90%+.

I also take a quick look at forums for bugs and length.

News Comments > Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux
5. Re: Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux Feb 19, 2015, 11:51 HorrorScope

Judas Priest explains how this shit happens to Pete, Tim.

Ticking like a time bomb
The fuse is running short
On the verge of snapping if it's caught

And all the pressure that's been building up
For all the years it bore the load
The cracks appear, the frame starts to distort
Ready to explode

Jawbreaker

No one deserved a lot of Pete's nonsense over the years. Just enablers enabling.

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
36. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 18, 2015, 23:36 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 22:05:
you cynics should really learn to check facts before checking your gut every time. it makes you come off as uneducated simpletons.

running star swarm with the an early build of mantle gave between %200-%400 FPS increase.

I know that anytime anyone announces anything that's big you all start gearing up the attack machine, but you might wanna do some research before you start saying that this is "obviously bullshit".

A game designed for DX 12 running on appropriate hardware will run more efficiently, substantially so, as has been evidenced from existing implementations of CPU scheduling focused APIs. I'm sorry this doesn't adhere to your pre-fabricated narrative that everything is, and I quote: "the worst".

Hey we've been fed this one way too many times, it really is all on them to prove it with released games down the line. But you mention a mantle game, well some of the bigger games that have a mantle option, they didn't have this 200 to 400% increase, more like 20-25%. That said, I haven't stayed on top of it since I don't own ATI, is there some more recent more well known game benches with mantle added?

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
8. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 18, 2015, 19:29 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 19:18:
Let me guess, it's a 900%* increase.

* In a very specific case which isn't remotely representative.

Most likely, but lets hope it is true as the 1440P Oculus is going to need some nuts to run it.

News Comments > Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought
34. Re: Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought Feb 18, 2015, 14:01 HorrorScope

chickenboo wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 13:50:
The scary thing is what if it catches on?
EA: Who wants to create CoD 12? Whoever recieves the most funding from a kickstarter campaign with our IP gets the rights to make the game and share in the profits. Just don't come to us expecting any funding help!
Console Owner #1: CoD Kickstarter? shutup and take my money!

It isn't scary and it can't catch on 100%. But basically if it did as suggested, it would be people voting with their wallets ahead of time what they want. The marketing teams in these companies would have to know the relationship between pledges and people who wait to buy finished. But doesn't COD already contract out to a specific dev house? It already happens in many ways in terms of who develops it.

But I don't have an issue with all with this, since these games aren't being made period... unless the public puts their money where their mouths are. If they do, we'll make it, if they don't the market was small like we thought and there is no business sense to make the game.

It doesn't have to be an evil plot, it can be looked at as smart and for us to have a chance at a long forgotten game.

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2015, 14:20.

22. Re: Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought Feb 17, 2015, 16:41 HorrorScope

Necrophob wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 16:15:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 10:13:
It is a new day, look at it on two bright sides, it isn't being contracted out to China most likely, but independent programmers who can do some cool shit.

You have a chance at an Anachronox follow up.

Without Tom Hall at the helm, any Anachronox related game wouldn't be the same. Even if it was good.

I've been replaying it for the first time since 2001, and it's still fun. If certain things had been fine tuned a bit (like the horribly slow combat), it would have been great.

Maybe Tom Hall will be at the helm. That said, maybe someone can carry the torch as well. We have a long history of people able to pick up others stories and continue them on... we also have a history they can be fucked up royally to. But not sure until you try.

If you don't try then it is all in stone already. What's the difference? This isn't scripture we are talking about here, might as well test the waters, see what kind of interest is out there.

If the final product sucks, I'll know that well ahead of buying it, so I'm covered.

As for the original, I do have a hard time it working right and it it is a game that doesn't hold up all that well today.

20. Re: Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought Feb 17, 2015, 15:56 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 12:40:
Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 11:12:
Who in their right mind is going to donate to a crowdfunded game knowing they're paying the publisher to get the game made instead of the other way round. Fuck is wrong with you?

Who in their right mind would pay monthly for an onlined DRM game you never own and can be taken away from you and taken offline permanently? Who in their right mind would purchase skins you never own for an online DRM game (league of legends/Dota 2)? Who in their right mind would accept online DRM (steam)? who in their right mind would accept always online DRM (diablo 3, MMo's, Destiny)?

The vast majority of the gaming masses are at subhuman levels of intelligence, they have single handedly destroyed gaming history with their stupid herd like mentality, gullibly lapping up bullshit from PR flakkies, gaming "press" sites, and astro-turf internet commenters.

The constant stream of rushed games gamers keep paying money for proves that gamers are among the dumbest animals on our planet.

The only sub level intelligence going on here is not realizing that people have their reasons and don't all have the same concerns as you do. What you say isn't a lone voice here, far from it. But geeze people and your chimp like, sub-human level intelligence statements, this is games we are talking, sometime even less important than practice. If some one finds any of this ok, they can chip in, if you don't like it, fine, But to think people are full on retard if they do this, or buy a game with DRM, or back a KS, or get in early with EA or buy additional DLC, is imo the buyers choice, but it has no resemblance of intelligence if someone does something different than you.

When making a business you take all the variables and make them work for you. It makes sense that an IP holder that isn't sure of how hot an old IP is to take advantage of things like KS and even outsourcing to an indy team that was laid off by a AAA house. To test the waters and see if there is a market for it, then any smart business is to leverage as much as you can against losing money, in hopes to make money.

Gamers will vote with their $$ and imo there is nothing stupid about this. It's their choice what to do with their entertainment and disposable income. I'd like to see Anach 2 be made.

Seesh. We're all tools and if you think you aren't one, the you are a fool of a tool.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 17, 2015, 10:26 HorrorScope

NSA hid spying software in hard drive firmware, report says.

... and you wonder if it came like that from the factory.

4. Re: Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought Feb 17, 2015, 10:13 HorrorScope

It is a new day, look at it on two bright sides, it isn't being contracted out to China most likely, but independent programmers who can do some cool shit.

You have a chance at an Anachronox follow up.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
10. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 16, 2015, 17:28 HorrorScope

Tim Collins wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 11:57:
Fyi, Its a Nvidia Android console based on Tegra.

Don't they have that in the shield already?

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 12:11 HorrorScope

siapnar wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 11:57:
Now that there's such a demand for high graphics quality, the amount of work put into game art skyrockets.
Same goes for animation and physics simulation (sadly, not for AI - evidently, barely anyone cares about AI improvement).
There's no money left over for story and scripting after all the art and animation is done.

We're going to see more games like this in that they're short and linear but extremely detailed.

First their tools and processes should always be improving to make it quicker. And we have plenty now, most <$20. I don't need AAA, Single and Double A many times show up their stoic AAA brothers.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 10:28 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 09:33:
Game length should not be something anyone should base their decision to buy or not.

I agree but the price should reflect in many cases. I'm for shorter cheaper games, just so I can get through it and the play not become monotonous. If 5 for $60 is true, not a chance. That's more like $5-15. If true.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 15, 2015, 17:46 HorrorScope

Sugarman wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 16:11:
I call some type of VR headset. Everyone else is doing it.

In some ways I can see that, but I hope this market doesn't get splintered. Maybe some new take on physics.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 15, 2015, 16:07 HorrorScope

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 15:23:
I want to buy one of the these zombie survival games, but they all seem incredibly flawed.

Do you want a ZSG that is more pvp survival with a sprinkle of zombies? Or do you want a game that is zombie survival first and then option pvp after that? Most of these survival games are more PvP games with some elements to that mixed in.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 15, 2015, 13:48 HorrorScope

Doma wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 13:34:
Darkest Dungeon is fantastic. That is all.

Waiting for release, since I hear there is a lot more to come.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 15, 2015, 13:47 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 13:29:
Bought the game out of boredom. At a birthday party now. I can tell you this: I haven't had this urge to go home and join my friend ingame for years. The game is a solid experience and great fun!

I am fully aware of what a hypocrite I am, however. A few days ago I was raging about how we all should boycot this game. What can I say... boredom makes me sell pieces of my soul every once in a while.

Looks fun to me, just cost too much to enter. The DLC is a non-factor to me, which is all the rage, I won't be buying that. Hope the game gets to $20 by eoy.

4766 Comments. 239 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo