Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3874 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced
4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 10:42 HorrorScope

Yah might be a fun add-on to the main game. Two Worlds 2 had something down this line, was pretty good, however to me it was always in hopes of something even more down the line, that never happened. Goes to search to see if there is a Two Worlds 3.

But right off it reminds me of things like Neverwinter, Daggerdale, LOTR War in the North. But it's hard to say how good or fun it is until we get to try ourselves. Is it shallow, or is there some meat to it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA's $1B DLC Goal
5. Re: EA's $1B DLC Goal Aug 26, 2014, 20:05 HorrorScope

DLC in Madden, what you have to buy the 4th quarter separately?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 26, 2014, 11:16 HorrorScope

Steve I have to say...

"That they are a scam artist"

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
5. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 17:27 HorrorScope

That's a lot of money for questionable revenue generation, whatever it will take to make that up, users of the service probably won't accept it. Commercials etc. Now Amazon can add this purchase to their quarterlies.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video
26. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 23:14 HorrorScope

Tom wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 22:50:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 22:27:
What if you just use the Rift as a display device? Enclosed, large FOV and 3d. Turn off head tracking and then play with a K/M. To me it seems like a more awesome monitor in that way. What could be cool is you could go full VR with new style of games, but you could also play the older one's with k/m and simply be more immersed.

I experimented with doing exactly this yesterday and today with the DK2. I played HL2, Skyrim, and Bioshock Infinite (the latter two via vorpX). It's possible to look around with the headtracking, and that works fairly well, but I usually find myself just looking straight ahead and using the KB/mouse as I would with a monitor. At slower points in the game when there's interesting stuff to look at, it makes more sense to use the headtracking. It is pretty cool.

So you felt that was pretty good and doable? Would you say it is better than just a flat monitor in that kind of setup?

I was thinking at first that was the next step, just getting a more immersive monitor using the same ole, but I see they are going full on. I just know a lot of these 3d style devices, it isn't easy to handle in most cases and it will be a large entry barrier for many. I'm glad the system can be just basic or be full on and probably many variations in-between, that just gives us more ways to play when we feel like something different.

24. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 22:27 HorrorScope

SirKnight wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 20:40:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 16:28:
entr0py wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 16:03:
It makes me realize that Oculus needs to get cracking on a controller before the commercial release. Mice and keyboards or gamepads aren't really adequate for VR. Developers will want some kind of standard controller they can rely on the customer having.

I don't agree, I'm fine with using keyboard and mouse in combination with the Oculus. Those hyrda controllers are cool but I'm not sure if I would use them.

KB/mouse feels really awkward and unnatural to me with the rift (both DK 1 and 2). Even a standard controller doesn't feel quite right. When I use my DK2 I really feel the need to use my hands in a natural way. So something like the Hydra will help a lot with that.

What if you just use the Rift as a display device? Enclosed, large FOV and 3d. Turn off head tracking and then play with a K/M. To me it seems like a more awesome monitor in that way. What could be cool is you could go full VR with new style of games, but you could also play the older one's with k/m and simply be more immersed.

20. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 19:52 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 19:39:
My first impression is gonna decide everything (for me) with this tech.

One shot? I'll treat it like anything else, yes it has to be good, if it isn't but then something else is or it is improved, so be it. Good enough for me.

2. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 13:46 HorrorScope

What I see is there are a lot of personal flavors to this. This is using the hydra, using it to line up sights etc, while cool, it makes control way more difficult than what we have today. We'll have to see how people accept this overall. I'm still wanting to just try this in an all encompassed 3d view with near std K/M. So there is simply closed off immersion all the way to full blown VR, that later takes some talent and patience.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 23, 2014, 20:32 HorrorScope

Just think if Rift didn't sell to Facebook. During the whole uproar the one point of the deal was them stating it was going to cost them a lot more to get up and making consumer based rifts. The money they got wouldn't be enough, so without a buyout they were in bad shape. We never had to mull on that, because those words only came out after they got 1.5 beeelion.  

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
97. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 20:24 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 16:10:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 15:36:
Beamer wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 14:25:
Did any of the people she slept with review her game? I haven't seen allegations of that.

Somehow you then missed the whole premise, because that was the main story and the reason for the article. Not that I care much at all, just more blah blah.

Yes, I saw the lengthy blog. I did not see proof. The girl slept with five people, most of whom were journalists.
Nathan whatever was the most discussed, and he seems to have not only not reviewed her game but only mentioned it twice.

And, frankly, do you guys not think other industries have people that sleep with journalists? I'd imagine Erin Andrews has slept with a few athletes. Of course, to many of the men here, that would be her using her body to get access to exclusives, not, you know, the mirror of here and athletes using their bodies to get coverage.

Well your reply was quite a change from what you originally stated:
"Did any of the people she slept with review her game? I haven't seen allegations of that."

Yes that was the story. Now proof of that actually happening, perhaps or not, I didn't go to the one dudes blog and read it, that would be caring too much.

But why is it of concern to us. Anything that taints gaming reviews I have no problem that being brought to our attention. It's a slap to the industry and if we care about publication ratings for anything, corruption is corruption. Now am I shocked by this? No. But I'll take it as good info to know to then consider source in future, sure.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
6. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 23, 2014, 20:17 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 19:33:
RPG or not, those fuckers need to learn to manage projects properly and post more accurate release windows. It is ridiculous that a developer with their kind of experience can be that far off the original schedule.
Or they did this intentional to get more monies from KS by making it sound for people that what they are pledging for is not too far off.
Either way it is highly unprofessional and does not serve to build confidence or trust in these fuckers' abilities. Quite the contrary.
I, for one, won't be pledging for their next project. They can go and fuck themselves, especially Sawyer with his pretentious holier than thou 'tude can stuff it big time if he's not able or willing to treat pledgers with respect.

Lots of people like Obsidian, but I've seen a lot of their mistakes to. Now we can see it wasn't all the Publisher when it comes to them, they can't budget time and money well, even yet.

78. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 15:36 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 14:25:
Did any of the people she slept with review her game? I haven't seen allegations of that.

Somehow you then missed the whole premise, because that was the main story and the reason for the article. Not that I care much at all, just more blah blah.

68. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 13:37 HorrorScope

[VG]Reagle wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 12:55:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 12:50:
Wow, for someone y'all hate, y'all sure are expending a lot of time and energy talking about him.

Haven't you figured out by now that we all like bitching??

Right, denying that is ignoring the room, which if someone out in la la land needs clarification, it is knowing your surroundings and using some common sense on how things work and adapting to it or staying completely away from.

62. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 11:00 HorrorScope

Editorial.

I may be a simple man and no very little of Phil "The Fish" Fish, but what I do know is you do have to have the right understanding and demeanor to function on the internet. Certain personality types simply cannot function or compartmentalize it for what it is. This isn't a one on one conversation with all the propers involved. It's raw and cold in some places, pc in others. As always you have to know hot to read the room, that in itself is a department of intelligence in each of our heads. Like anything some have that ability and some don't, those that flame out hard on the Gore Internets seem to lack the overall wholeness of room.

61. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 10:50 HorrorScope

heroin wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 17:31:
I wish people would just ignore him and his behavior

I'm doing my part, only when Blue lines him up is when he comes into my life.

60. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 10:47 HorrorScope

SlimRam wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 15:16:
Oh he'll be back. I think he's just one of those people that needs to HEAR that he's wanted back from the public.

Smart money.

59. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 10:47 HorrorScope

mag wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 15:06:
nin wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 15:00:
I'm certainly not saying he deserves all of the venom he gets, but he comes off as the most thin skinned person I've ever heard of.

Makes you kinda pine for Derek Smart, doesn't it?

Yes, but just in thought, just in thought.

News Comments > MMOGs Under Attack
17. Re: MMOGs Under Attack Aug 23, 2014, 10:44 HorrorScope

Well this attack maybe for the greater good.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 22, 2014, 12:46 HorrorScope

7 ways to improve Wifi for home - instead of Repeater use a Powerline, in most cases and for a lot less you'll get better performance this way.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2014, 12:52.

News Comments > A Fistful of Gun Announced
6. Re: A Fistful of Gun Announced Aug 22, 2014, 12:32 HorrorScope

CeeKay wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 11:13:
I thought Red Dead Redemption was the second best western made, and the best was Outlaws.

"Hey Marshall!"

No Outlaws wasn't better, come on...

3874 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo