Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3380 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 9, 2014, 18:03 HorrorScope

The LA Camera Article, love the irony... some cops don't like the law and purposely break it. WELL TO THE FUCK BAD! JOIN THE CROWD!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: GameFace Labs VR Headset Apr 9, 2014, 17:59 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 11:43:
The article doesn't explain how anyone will get 2560x1440 gaming at 75+ FPS for more than 10 minutes before the battery quits, or the mobile chip melts.

Answer: Simple games. Perhaps... virtual tours which take a lot less HP to drive.

I like their alternative thinking though, having everything mobile and total VR is good. Not saying I don't want OR's methods at all, I still rather sit more often and use K/M in a VR stlye-world with massive horespower running it, but this is a nice variation as well.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
27. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 17:55 HorrorScope

Nighthawk wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 17:49:
Apparently nobody wants to say thank you.
Tried 2, both taken, thanks anyway, very kind of you.

Same, missed out. Was looking at Etherlords 2, always enjoyed how they worked their card combat system. Thanks anyway!

24. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 17:27 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 15:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 11:12:

Question: Is a persistent ARPG, another name for a ARPG MMO?

I'm oldschool so when I see "MMO" I think one giant population trying to fit into non instanced areas as feasibly as possible.

A Persistent ARPG is for the ability to easily group, trade, and create an economy. A single or coop ARPG has very little replay value for me, persistent is the only way I'll put real playtime and effort in them.

Then like POE or Marvel and some FTP's like Dragon's Nest or Vindictus. But I got you, a very online ARPG, with First Person that is really good and doesn't suck. Yes that all together doesn't exist yet. POE/Marvel has it top-down, Dragons and Vind just suck overall (however each could have been a lot better with just a little better game design work).

We'll have to see how Destiny turns out and if it will ever make it to the PC. Totally a market here.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 9, 2014, 15:18 HorrorScope

LittleMe wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 15:10:
I have a feeling that if they did tax that 2.1 trillion, that these business couldn't handle that level of burden and our International businesses would either fold or leave the country altogether. Talk about a giant sucking sound...

Since it's politics. Do a one time really low tax rate to bring it over while making new code which would be more favorable and in return layout an amnesty program and a plan moving forward with illegals. Everyone in general wins. It's two issues that need to be addressed and taxing high won't cut it and ignoring immigrants doesn't cut it either. But since we are in the BrainDead Cabinet Years. Crack and ho's...

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Apr 9, 2014, 11:26 HorrorScope

Cutter is just upset because this stuff doesn't happen in Canada because it's TOO COLD!  

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 9, 2014, 11:23 HorrorScope

2.1 evasion and we still give them tax breaks. Lets make some progress here... reduce the rate, get the money over here and working already.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2014, 11:21 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 09:46:
I like how corporations have become so bad that its like a running joke in society.

And that Gov't and Business alike seem to hear... nothing.

12. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 11:12 HorrorScope

Dagnamit wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:22:
Axis wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:18:
I've said it a hundred times, best thing they could do is make a persistent ARPG FPS Borderlands, they'd make billions.

Another tired old single player arpg... dime a dozen.

BL has always been a co-op game. Don't know where you get that from. The biggest concern is that Gearbox's track record with games it has other people make for them is... well... a little less than good.

And on top of it being a coop ARPG (right, dime a dozen) but it's in first person, that is the mojo and stays up to date due to that.

Not that they all have to be one way or the other, but there aren't a lot of Coop ARPG's from a FP view. These deserve the AAA pricing and not top-down ARPG's, those deserve discount pricing and most are that and indy based. It's that one company that gets away with keeping their bar low and still getting $50-$60.

Question: Is a persistent ARPG, another name for a ARPG MMO?

News Comments > Fortnite Alpha Signups
10. Re: Fortnite Alpha Signups Apr 8, 2014, 19:29 HorrorScope

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 19:10:
I've been alpha testing this since October. They sent the first 500 of us a cool little dog tag.

This game is FUN! It's only in alpha, so I can't wait to see what gets added and how much more fun it becomes.

Basically you have a bunch of areas with missions. You start an area and build a fort to protect yourself at night, when the monsters come out. During the day you try to complete the objectives to move on to the next board. Pretty much everything is destructible, and there are a lot of hidden areas. They shut down the test right before Christmas, and we've been eagerly waiting for them to start it back up again.

Yeah these are fun, there are several takes on this genre, each has their own little niche. This could be very good, it will be a near AAA effort which is a little one up-manship vs mostly indy attempts.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 8, 2014, 18:56 HorrorScope

She Cosplayin a bear.  

News Comments > Fortnite Alpha Signups
3. Re: Fortnite Alpha Signups Apr 8, 2014, 18:46 HorrorScope

Me to!

This is right in line with survival/builders being made common now. Fun genre, will be excited to see how this turns out.

Also looks like some of their employees are straight from the CSI Dept.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 8, 2014, 11:44 HorrorScope

"former Microsoft development boss Peter Molyneux, who oversaw the development of Kinect Sports, describes the peripheral as “unnecessary”"

What does Milo think?

News Comments > Broforce Early Access
4. Re: Broforce Early Access Apr 7, 2014, 18:21 HorrorScope

Tip toeing the line for likeness, hopefully they got some permissions.  

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
11. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Apr 5, 2014, 10:10 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 23:57:
NKD wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 21:25:
Quboid wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 20:16:
Steam really does have serious volumes of junk on it. A game being on Steam used to mean a certain level of quality.

One man's junk is another man's treasure. I'd rather be able to buy games I like, than be restricted to only games you (or some random Valve overlords) like.
I agree. More selection is better. It's easy enough to filter.

+3. No different than wading through things here. Bada Bing!

News Comments > Popup Dungeon Kickstarter
14. Re: Popup Dungeon Kickstarter Apr 4, 2014, 23:02 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 19:43:
I want to see an isometric NWN style game done with the UE4 engine. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout, Willis!

Funny, you want something right now with UE4. DOS looks plenty good.

11. Re: Popup Dungeon Kickstarter Apr 4, 2014, 16:39 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 16:24:
Paper cutouts? Cereal? Sigh. Will somebody just please make an NWN style game. With actual graphics that look sweet. Allowing you plug in modules/sets - fantasy/sci-fi/post-apoc/western/etc. - to create adventures as you see fit. Heck, just start with fantasy then sell the forthcoming sets as DLC later.

Nothing is an exact replica. But I don't see why Divinity OS can't be right down the NWN path, it does many things better and perhaps a few not as well. But with the editor, you can make your own, run coop campaigns, etc.

As for this, the gfx are still good and has a lot of hope as well. If you can't get over the gfx to me that's a bad on you. That's secondary.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
43. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 15:44 HorrorScope

I haven't seen any mods uploaded yet, where's the naked one's at?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 4, 2014, 15:32 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 12:37:
- Operation Northwoods in 1960s the American Joint Cheifs of Staff signed off (and given a big negative by Kennedy) was a plan to blow up American airplanes on American soil and blame it on Cuban Terrorists (all now declassified to show the crazy things they are capable of thinking up or doing)

This speaks volumes to everything politically we heavy weights here discuss. lol

A. Proof of conspiracies.

B. JFK was a saint and he talks about conspiracies (Search 1961 speech) and that we should have no problem being probed, if there are mistakes we'll fix them, not hide everything under National Security.

C. That are own officials will do the sickest things and blame others.

D. By doing so cast such a large shadow of doubt, anything is possible, yes 9/11 being an inside job possible. This is the same type of shit, the exact same type of shit.

E. Most prez go along with what generals and staffers dream up.

Man I'd love to see the day we stand up for our sins, no quarter, just stand up and then turn over a new leaf and begin again. And stop being the worlds police, this is what starts all this shit. POV... we have to look like total low lifes and this isn't what we are about. Just what some sick power hungry people are about.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2014, 10:16.

8. Re: Popup Dungeon Kickstarter Apr 4, 2014, 15:02 HorrorScope

This one looks really good.

Coop
TB
Tons of flexibility

The 100K goal would be ideal, that feature alone is gold.

Wizard of the Coasts should be signing this group up for DnD licensing, like yesterday. It's what they tried to do years ago for a lot more $$$.

3380 Comments. 169 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo