Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3540 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 Released; Premium Beta This Month
7. Re: Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 Released; Premium Beta This Month May 17, 2014, 00:49 HorrorScope

$150 beta, shitty trend imo. That said we have free choice, I'll be 0 for however many of these will ever exist.

Perhaps 4 full release game keys... still not for me, but now I start to feel the value in it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 15:38 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on May 16, 2014, 15:31:
jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2014, 13:27:
Desalinization is incredibly expensive and energy intensive.

Yes, it is. And the longer we wait as a country to start putting plants and infrastructure down to be able to provide basic water necessities once drought reaches critical levels all over, the more it's going to cost.

A simple prohibition on watering lawns would be wise, even though such a thing is obviously beyond any fucking politician's ability to grasp, but it's a stop-gap measure. The only way to guarantee water 50 years down the road is to start going the desalination route. And since it'll take twenty odd years to get that entire infrastructure in place, the longer we wait, the more critical it will become to put down.

We know it's been dry, we can see the SD fires etc.

But there isn't much in terms of water bans still.

Driving I 5 from Norcal to Socal, the irrigation troves are still all full.

Water in many places is recycled, there is just more to this.

Now 50 years, heck even 10, well all bets are off. Who knows? For a long time the North East was having very mild winters and then walla, they aren't. Just need a normal rainy season this winter and no one knows if it will be or not. Chances are imo it will, since it happens more than not. But when you don't have one... it gets projected out.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse May 15, 2014, 23:59 HorrorScope

killer_roach wrote on May 15, 2014, 20:51:
One of Amazon's biggest issues is the fact that turnover at all levels, but particularly in management, is endemic. Sometimes things end up falling to end-line people and new hires simply because nobody knows who else to turn to, and you end up with the perverse issue where, in some parts of the company, veteran low-level people are more knowledgeable about what is going on than their supervisors (simply because they've been around long enough to witness most situations before).

I wonder how they can have any real success like that. And how Wall Street is ok fueling that chaos.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 15, 2014, 21:30 HorrorScope

Why should it cost more on this new gen? To me they should have better tools each year. Motion capture the same as it has been. CGI the same. Moving pixels, same. In fact they should be able to save a little not having to work as hard to optimize on better HW. I think it's phooey, managers should be seeing the trends and several should be down-scaling some and fitting games into the new budget.

They can't really make something more awesome than what PC's have been able to handle for years.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Announced
26. Re: Far Cry 4 Announced May 15, 2014, 21:28 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on May 15, 2014, 18:47:
HorrorScope wrote on May 15, 2014, 18:42:
Held back by 2 barrel last gen systems, would have been nice all next gen based.

eh, speak for yourself - i thought the FC3 engine was damn good enough.. ran super solid with a couple ini tweaks

its most likely unchanged for the most part, given this turnaround time.. used primarily if not exclusively as content creation only

Still be even better if it weren't bound by 512 meg of unified memory.

I do speak for myself.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 15, 2014, 21:24 HorrorScope

"The plan, approved in a three-to-two vote along party lines"

Yup. Guess which party voted yay and which one voted nay?

13. Re: Morning Metaverse May 15, 2014, 19:12 HorrorScope

BitWraith wrote on May 15, 2014, 13:10:
That's not abuse. That's just an example of the employment utopia that the far-right in this country is hurtling us towards.

Yup. Nothing more.

12. Re: Morning Metaverse May 15, 2014, 19:08 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2014, 10:18:
It always amazes me that Bezos is such a scumbag robber-baron type.

That is why he is CEO of the Year material.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Announced
24. Re: Far Cry 4 Announced May 15, 2014, 18:42 HorrorScope

Held back by 2 barrel last gen systems, would have been nice all next gen based.  

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
8. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights May 14, 2014, 23:15 HorrorScope

I'm going to see if I can get my Mississippi Smith 1982 game for the Atari PC's ported over. I have a shot with this liberal Greenlight program.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization May 14, 2014, 16:47 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on May 14, 2014, 10:02:
Verno wrote on May 14, 2014, 09:51:
Man give me driver-less cars any day, that shit cannot come fast enough.

Im not looking forward to that. I enjoy driving way too much.

There will still be an option, we are a long time away from only driver-less. I agree, can't wait, this is one tech that does make me giddy.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation May 13, 2014, 22:15 HorrorScope

Simon Says wrote on May 13, 2014, 19:57:
"Watch Dogs runs at 900p on PS4, 792p on Xbox One
Ubisoft confirms 30 frames per second on both systems"

So much for "next-gen".

Those pieces of crap are so underpowered its not even funny. -_-

No shit, imo an embarrassing joke of a generation. I'd say compatible incremental updated by end of 2015. Better CPU and GPU.

11. Re: Morning Metaverse May 12, 2014, 14:34 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on May 12, 2014, 13:15:
Poll: 50% of Netflix Users Would Cancel Over $2 Rate Hike.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA. All part of the plan, all part of the plan.

Your's truly, Comcast.

I was thinking the part of the plan you were angling to see the stock tank again, bet on it going down making money and then make money back on the rebound. Like their increase a few years back.

10. Re: Morning Metaverse May 12, 2014, 14:34 HorrorScope

Netflix is built on cable cutters in many cases, a customer base of penny pinchers. This has to be a wall street issue at some point. They can't make a LOT of money because its model is based on being the cheap alternative.  

News Comments > EA Still Investigating GameSpy Workarounds
2. Re: EA Still Investigating GameSpy Workarounds May 10, 2014, 12:41 HorrorScope

Community can help? Even though you don't believe in community mods. Want cake and eat EA? Stick it. Whatever you do don't ever show a good faith sign to your past customers, never fucking think of doing something so insane. Jack ass.  

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
44. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 23:02 HorrorScope

PropheT wrote on May 8, 2014, 22:03:
Fibrocyte wrote on May 8, 2014, 15:13:
Ahhh... typical Bluesnews. Bashing the hell out of a title even though they haven't played it or they barely played it.

This game is very satisfying to those of us who like MMOs and want a new one to play. It has similarities to WoW and it differs significantly.

I love MMO's, and play or have played most of them. After trying Wildstar again today I don't have anything positive to say about it, and I usually at least kind of like practically anything that's competent. Aside from the art and animations there really isn't anything I enjoyed about in my time I spent with it, and it still has the worst UI of any game I've played in recent memory even after they updated it.

I want to like it but really, really can't get into it at all. This game was hyped all to hell and it just sucks.

So far I'm leaning this way. It isn't really smooth, I get good frames but it isn't smooth when rapid turning and it puts me off. Combat just seems meh so far, the ground signals even for our output is just too much extra gfx to distract. I'll give a few more evenings though. The opening tutorial is poor. Player movement speed seems slow.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2014, 00:22.

News Comments > Capcom Financials
1. Re: Capcom Financials May 8, 2014, 13:50 HorrorScope

Hey at least they have reasonable levels of expectations. Happy with 1.2 million in sales.  

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
17. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 13:45 HorrorScope

BitWraith wrote on May 8, 2014, 12:45:
Here's a glimpse of the future:

Prerelease - Massive hype. "This is the WoW killer!"
Release - Game sells (downloads?) VERY WELL. 1 million plus.
Immediately after release - Game has launch problems and bugs. Game has downtime.
After first month - Internet turns against game. Vast majority quit playing after first month.
Rest of game's life - Games floats on cruise control.

Most likely, but one thing we have under-estimated from some of the big names that didn't hit it huge, was that cruise control can still be very profitable and over a long period of time. Where we make fun of some still today, they are still making bank each month, not as big as hoped but it will easily pay off as a long term win.

11. Re: Morning Metaverse May 7, 2014, 18:06 HorrorScope

What I see is a person that can't get that shit ass smile off his face because he can't believe all the kickback money he's getting. It was this or McDonald's and can't believe he got away with it.  

News Comments > Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible
47. Re: Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible May 7, 2014, 17:59 HorrorScope

Yeah knowing a little more about the story it's not as bad as first thought, they are looking for further development, obviously this one got sideways on them. I read the total against side of this as just more I hate EA. I hate Greenlight. I like both, these games shouldn't be breaking the bank and if you research and take the risk, you should be ok with the whole idea. Some will always fail.  

3540 Comments. 177 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo