Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4766 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
99. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 12:15 HorrorScope

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:59:
This whole thing feels like its gonna turn into a cult like what Scientology is...

And this point that is how it feels to me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

98. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 12:13 HorrorScope

Scheherazade wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 12:03:
He didn't drop " peons".

Post #68 did, and Sugarman was referring to it

Fair enough, corrected.

97. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 12:10 HorrorScope

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:42:
What is it you really need to get out Julio, were you abused as a child, did your wife leave you?

Not speaking for Julio, but just a young common person these days. You know what happened Sugarman, you know what happened?

Here is the fuck what happened... Read the political posts here for the past couple years works to.

1. Kid/families saddled with college debt.
2. Have a hard time finding full time work much above minimum.
3. All the same time companies doing better than ever.
4. Gutting pensions.
5. Gutting Medical.
6. Doing more job with less people.
And more.

Companies doing better than ever, but at every turn tightening the screws on their workers that are just as important to the whole.

So instead of understanding why people bitch about SC, based around decades old sayings, you go to child abuse and domestic issues. Yeah, you surely know how to take the high road, as you like to portray with your support for SC. You have your own method of bitching like the next person.

94. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 11:54 HorrorScope

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:20:
There's nothing keeping the peons from grouping up on me.

See but not even a few posts after your first and nothing even that pointed towards you, people saying they are ok with you spending whatever you like, good luck. But that is how a forum works, there is nothing keeping people from... If you take an unpopular position, you need to be able to deal with it. It's not like no poster here hasn't been on that side, we all have, deal.

Then you have to drop "peons". See you have money and with that it has gone to your head, you start setting up class scales in your head. (EDIT: Sugar didn't start the Peon wars, he commented from another who used it first)

To me this game right now is no more or less than even the cheapest indy game. It will have a release (well we hope in this case) and then it has the same rules as all the rest. Is it worth the time and money to buy into?

So no matter how much praise or how much bitching there is, to me there is always that moment of "Is it worth a buy?". I question this game to hell and back because it fails on a lot of warnings we've been raised around. I don't like to miss patterns and fall for "it" again. But if it is close to what they tell us, the dude is going to get some serious praise for a long time.

So I'll leave with a positive saying for the game "no guts, no glory".

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2015, 12:14.

93. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 11:45 HorrorScope

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 05:33:
Actually I'm in for over $3200. As I've said before, I've spent far more over a weekend in Vegas. Spent twice that on modifications to my current BMW on just a few upgrades. If I tallied up all the money I've spent on fast cars I'd say it's somewhere near 40k right now, and that's only on the upgrades, none of that is for the purchase price of the car.

If it's ok with you I'll continue to spend money on my hobbies that are important to me. If I have it to spend/waste then what business is it of yours to say how I spend it?

Right. But then who are you to tell people that have red flags going up in their heads from past experiences over and over, that they are terrible miserable people that just want to see people fail? To me you go to the extreme on your end as well when you see fit.

To me reading at Blue's there are just a very few that are totally negative to the game and many things here. However the largest group to me seems to be the "fool me once crowd" however if asked they would be very happy to see the game a success. We comment on the news because that is what we do here, that is the MO for the site. Blue lines up, we knock up down, see what passes "the smell test". Then there is final group that takes offense for people speaking out against "their game". We have plenty of positive hands on comments, it seems the one's that work the best are just say it, what about it and let it stand on it's own. When you have to start defending it to the Xth level, that is where it goes south.

This game is fighting a series of sayings we've all learned over generations. "if it seems to good to be true", "sucker born every minute". You see that is what you get when you promise the world, people question that, "been there done it" (yes another saying, they just all fit), but secretly at worst they hope it can be delivered. Until then we "still haven't found what were looking for".

So go spend your $3200, if you got the jack where $3200 is simply discretionary spending, god bless yah. The only thing I'd fantasize about there is exactly how much money would I have to have to drop $3200 on virtual game stuff, but again each their own. Your spending $3200 to me equals no more and probably less than another person who's spent zero, as I have to weight your pro-game position with all that skin you have in it.

56. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 23:05 HorrorScope

Flatline wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 22:42:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 21:17:
Julio wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 20:38:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 20:07:
yet everyone here is saying it is pay to win... ???

Although we've beaten the pay-to-win discussion to death, I'm interested in how buying a $1200 ship isn't paying to win. That ship will give an advantage to some players over others. Let's hear how it doesn't.

The game needs to come through with it's one promise. Player run servers. If it does P2W will mean nothing on them.

I don't see how player run servers are even feasible at this point.

Maybe if you have a server cluster it's doable, as in you rent some MS Azure or AWS servers and spin them up, but I have trouble imagining one consumer-grade computer running a full universe simulation, unknown planetary-side simulations, AND run FPS simulations- simultaneously.

I can see a minimum of one server for each along with maybe a master server that coordinates everything, with additional server spinning up for every X number of players. Not to mention the bandwidth required for that kind of server hosting- it'd be kind of a nightmare.

If player run servers are off the table now (which I don't think they are) then this game has already failed me big time. So then I can start bashing without feeling an ounce of guilt.

Player Run Servers

53. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 21:17 HorrorScope

Julio wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 20:38:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 20:07:
yet everyone here is saying it is pay to win... ???

Although we've beaten the pay-to-win discussion to death, I'm interested in how buying a $1200 ship isn't paying to win. That ship will give an advantage to some players over others. Let's hear how it doesn't.

The game needs to come through with it's one promise. Player run servers. If it does P2W will mean nothing on them.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 21, 2015, 17:04 HorrorScope

ViRGE wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 16:47:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 13:10:
Hey my question is who even uses MS support for XP?
Big companies. Really big companies who need security patches for the OS so that they can continue to semi-safely use it.

I wasn't aware XP was still getting security updates, I thought this was for more user support. My really big company changed to 7 a good while back now.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
12. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 21, 2015, 15:00 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 10:35:
I've sued several people successfully over the years. Hell, I'm in the process of suing my municipality right now.

Now that doesn't surprise me. You wouldn't be angry wheelchair guy would you? The guy that every county has at least one of, going everywhere looking for an infraction against a wheelchair person then scooting down to City Hall to file a complaint.

26. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 14:54 HorrorScope

Good news for you Stealth, we/they will all be here in the future when you are proven right. So when it happens you can come and tell us so. No problems accepting that.  

20. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 13:52 HorrorScope

Julian Delphiki wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 13:29:
Why am I not surprised to see so many of the users of this site, who have always commented on the most speculative statements about anything related to SC, blow something completely out of proportion. Yes, I follow SC and have pledged a little to support it but its obvious to anyone with a smidgen of awareness that you guys are just vindictive sociopaths without an iota of common sense, or, even worse, individuals with a made up rage that makes you blind to the actual facts. If any of you had even bothered to read the post in its entirety and the response from CIG you wouldn't act as though this is a final component for a game that's already released when in fact it is a simple pre-alpha mechanic to allow people to try things they haven't pledged for and earn it with a little bit of test time in the games competitive modes which are still under significant development. There's no point to making any other arguments since you're clearly fixed on trolling anything SC related, so go ahead and keep making your comments with the sophistication of an angry 10 year-old and I'll smirk at every one of them. You have your troll support group, I'm sure you'll make it through this difficult time. Just rage and cry on each other's shoulders and all will be well.

I blame Blue. But my only contribution here wasn't negative, but hopefully when trying to rent or purchase they could add a credit check on the person to see if they qualify. Sounds like a nice realistic feature to add. Perhaps another milestone feature to add?

Now what if these miserable people end up being right? Do you apologize for your hatred for them? Join them? Ignore that you ever said this and exit stage? Wondering...

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 21, 2015, 13:10 HorrorScope

Hey my question is who even uses MS support for XP? Obviously there are some, but just because you are on XP doesn't mean you pay MS for support. I'd say it would be a small percentage of those still on it, do. I know the company I work for doesn't pay nor even call MS for support, they hire people with the knowledge or have ways obtaining without call MS for support. Like who calls a game company for support anymore? Again, a very small %.

One person in the comments state, some companies the change would be so much because it is not only OS but HW to, and feel the cost for support is worth it. But you look long term, there is no way they will be on XP forever, someday they will have that upgrade cost and all those 250K's and 500K's they paid were total losses.

News Comments > Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia
21. Re: Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia Feb 21, 2015, 12:37 HorrorScope

It's times like this having ADHD is a good thing, I just couldn't stick with a game going over the same content for so long. But then again that does cost me a little more, probably.  

8. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 12:32 HorrorScope

PHJF wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 12:06:
Just what I've always dreamed of, the ability to lease a space ship! Hopefully I can get it for $0 down and 0% APR! Gotta clear out that 2014 stock, after all!

Chris Roberts: Used Car Salesman

And with the option of being turned down for a line of credit, just to make it as realistic and miserable as possible.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 20, 2015, 19:22 HorrorScope

"and the very rare ability to brutally kill civilians in the game without instantly getting the “Game Over” screen"

Cough... Skyrim

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 20, 2015, 18:59 HorrorScope

Sounds like Clang Dude went to Peter U.  

News Comments > Dungeons 2 in April
10. Re: Dungeons 2 in April Feb 20, 2015, 18:42 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 18:04:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 17:39:
Darks wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 15:10:
The whole creating a dungeon and trapping it is nice and all, but I want to be the ones invading it. I wish they would make a game type like that where you can be the Heroes invading and looting their dungeons.

Now, that would be kewl. They could even call it Dungeon Invaders.

I should register that name.

Okay, just so I understand: you want to create your own dungeon, set all the traps, place all the monsters and treasure, then invade it yourself? Or do you mean that you just want to take a party and invade a dungeon?

Take part in invading it, just like the AI does to you now. have an AI controlled Dungeon then loot the crap out of it and fight off the hordes. Then try and escape with your loot if you can. maybe even have it timed or have you go after a specific legendary item that you have to find and get out before the reinforcements come.

There could even be assassination type missions that you have to take out a specific creature who is high ranking. Or maybe even rescue missions.

Could be a fun game type.

Underworld Ascension?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 20, 2015, 16:13 HorrorScope

There's no way knowing? Oh yes there is, they are. Some old paranoid power monger has really thrown the US for a loop. What a state we live in, Inspector Clouseau would be proud, everyone is a suspect. Crying part that was considered over the top comedy.  

7. Re: Dungeons 2 in April Feb 20, 2015, 16:05 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 15:10:
The whole creating a dungeon and trapping it is nice and all, but I want to be the ones invading it. I wish they would make a game type like that where you can be the Heroes invading and looting their dungeons.

Now, that would be kewl. They could even call it Dungeon Invaders.

I should register that name.

Wasn't that a Pete promise was back... DK2, invade other players dungeons? I agree it would be a cool feature.

2. Re: Dungeons 2 in April Feb 20, 2015, 10:54 HorrorScope

Dev wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 10:45:
Just in time to take focus away from war for the over world release date.

That's how you do it.

Looks promising, lord knows they had plenty to improve upon.

I always felt anyone trying these should first match DK and then add from there. Most have tried to take their slant on it and in general came up a bit short and disappointed.

Back to War of the Overworld, took them forever and a day to release.

4766 Comments. 239 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo