Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3540 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization May 20, 2014, 20:38 HorrorScope

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 19, 2014, 21:02:
THANK YOU FOR A POST THAT ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE. If I have to listen to another PC is dead post I am going to FREAK OUT. Tablets are like magazines. I have one in the bathroom and its really handy for those extra long dumps. Lap tops are really PC'S. Phones are incredibly convenient.

When you really have to squeeze out a major loaf there is nothing like a tablet to take the edge off...

Damn you make that sound good, almost wish I had constipation more often.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dark Souls Exploring GFWL Alternatives
8. Re: Dark Souls Exploring GFWL Alternatives May 20, 2014, 20:33 HorrorScope

KilrathiAce wrote on May 19, 2014, 23:35:
GFWL sucks.

And it shutting down, totally proves it as fact.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 This Summer
4. Re: Wasteland 2 This Summer May 20, 2014, 20:32 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 20, 2014, 20:04:
Six months overdue, not too bad but they should open up the beta to all KS backers. At least Larian is doing it right with DOS.

Man the latest DOS patch, this thing is playing super sweet. Wasteland and the other Baulder Gate wannabee's on the horizon have quite a bar to reach and this has coop and mod'ing ta boot.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
52. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 20:28 HorrorScope

Fantaz wrote on May 20, 2014, 11:23:
if they spent more time on the singleplayer and the game is indeed 15-20 hours then the replayability should still be enough to warrant the asking price.

It's hard for any game to justify $60 given the new market, then being <20 hours.. it better be some good as game playing. IMO the market/expectations have changed.

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
35. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 20, 2014, 20:21 HorrorScope

Orogogus wrote on May 20, 2014, 19:08:
BazzaLB wrote on May 20, 2014, 19:03:
If they sold the initial release as "Early Access" the result would be the same but far less complaining. Heck, they could even have charged more for it as "special alpha access".

Less complaining? Have you been on these forums in the past two months? There's a steady stream of people calling for early access to be shut down in every Steam Top 10 post, and usually the Minecraft and DayZ posts too.

At least in that venue you speak of it's a general gaming complaint spread across many games. This would have just been another one, but it in and of itself, it would have been much more plausible "it's not done".

I like EA, research is a good key to EA success. 7DTD, Divinity, M&M X all are or were fun in EA.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 20, 2014, 20:17 HorrorScope

There just so expensive, to say it replaced laptops. You can get decent general purpose laptops for $300-$400. The cheapest i3 Surface is $780. How can you think to replace something with double the cost? MS you funny guys.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2014, 19:26 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on May 20, 2014, 13:44:
These things make for great adult party games, with non-gamers really liking it. But this was true for the Wii, too. How long does that last? A few nights? And then what? And how many new ideas could have come forward with the new, more powerful Kinect? We had dancing, we had a few party games, would anything monumentally different come out that would get those non-gaming friends interested in trying again?

Right. And that sort of sounds attractive until you really find out adult friends don't typically really want to do this all that often. I've never really had a friend asking to come over to play, sort of we steer them towards it while onsite, have some fun, but never anything requested.

Drinking, movies, bar, dinner, table top game, camping, trip... that's about it for adult couples entertainment. Generally.

14. Re: Morning Consolidation May 20, 2014, 19:23 HorrorScope

Tumbler wrote on May 20, 2014, 13:28:
I bought it for my wife, she watches a lot of tv and it's actually farely useful for her in that respect. I don't play any games on it. It runs netflix, amazon, youtube and watchs tv almost exclusively.

Blu-Rays, it also plays blu-rays but far more often it's just an easy way for my kids to watch youtube and my wife to watch tv.

Yeah for me I just bought a $70 Blueray to do all that.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse May 19, 2014, 20:35 HorrorScope

A bribe?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 19, 2014, 17:27 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on May 19, 2014, 15:12:
Now someone can open a competing streaming service and start the process all over with people migrating to it.

And the incentive? Make a billion.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization May 19, 2014, 11:07 HorrorScope

There is a place for all four and chances are many here have it.

Phone - Mobile business and entertainment.
Tablet - Mobile entertainment.
Laptop - Versatile Business.
Desktop - Office, Development and HighEnd Gaming.

IMO the least important is the Tablet, still a cool device, but if one had to go, it would be that one in a easy decision. Now which would be next after that? Now your going to have to pry from dead hands. I needs each.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week
3. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week May 19, 2014, 11:05 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on May 19, 2014, 10:59:
e world asking for this?

Investors and Marketing?

6. Re: Morning Consolidation May 19, 2014, 11:04 HorrorScope

Far from everything need to know. Very shallow overview of a few things. And forgot to mention no pc.  

5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 19, 2014, 11:01 HorrorScope

wtf_man wrote on May 19, 2014, 09:52:
Crytek: 8GB RAM Will be a Limiting Factor For PS4-Xbox One Development.

Uhhh... modern PC Games don't even us 8GB. 2GB Max per 32-bit Windows process

There are starting to be several 64 bit executables gobbling up much more ram. But the kicker here is Crytek say this and it is right in general, sure it has a limit. It is still 16 times more than last gen BUT THEIR NEXT GAME IS MADE FOR NEW AND OLD GEN! I mentioned it a week or two ago, it would have been nice their next effort be Next Gen only, because of ram. So perhaps Crytek should have a team meeting and get everyone on the same page.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 May 18, 2014, 15:51 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 18, 2014, 15:04:
Grabbed State of Decay and Lego Marvel yesterday on Humble.

Both of those are good.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 17, 2014, 15:29 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2014, 14:13:
Whenever I see OUYA I always think of Randy Macho Man Savage going "Oooooooo yeah!"

Dude actually made is sound good though playing with his friends for a day.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 Released; Premium Beta This Month
22. Re: Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 Released; Premium Beta This Month May 17, 2014, 12:07 HorrorScope

Tom wrote on May 17, 2014, 10:56:
You want to get a game cheap? You wait. You want to play now? You pay more. That's the reality of pretty much all games that are sold as a one-time purchase.

Actually there are many examples this doesn't hold true to. But the kickstarter tier I do get much more and when it gets closer to actual release and then they want to make a bit more up front like an EA, now they can't under-cut their Kickstarter people. See Wasteland. I think that and perhaps this is a lesson learned for not only them but others after them. It is sort of an interesting conundrum. If you are going to kickstart, but you also plan EA, then you need to keep your kickstart beta's reasonable or EA won't work well for you.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Alpha 4 Released; Premium Beta This Month
21. Re: Elite: Dangerous Alpha May 17, 2014, 12:03 HorrorScope

El Pit wrote on May 17, 2014, 03:40:
Yeah, let's all be harsh on this game and the people behind it. How dare they make you pay for early access to alpha and beta? You're of course entitled to get this for free, like every AAA developer lets you get free access to their alpha and beta stages of their games, right? And this game must be shit, I mean, it's actually coming out! How much cooler is SC, the stunning Hangar game?

Guys, really. Sometimes I think some of you should get out of your rooms because the lack of air seems to make thinking difficult for some of you.

We are entitled to speak as a consumer who has an opinion. I mention we all have free will here to buy or not to buy. You make the call, that said, I'm sorry but I find $150 astronomical and far from expecting it to be free. How about you don't over dramatize.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2014, 01:04 HorrorScope

ViRGE wrote on May 16, 2014, 00:00:
HorrorScope wrote on May 15, 2014, 21:30:
Why should it cost more on this new gen?
Because the art requirements go up every generation. Even with tools, the better the textures and the better the models required, the longer it will take to produce them. Which means the size of the art staff balloons.

The textures in many games already had higher versions for the PC. And this new gen isn't surpassing what has been available. If the new consoles owned where the PC is at today, I'd get it, they still aren't even as strong a decent mid-level. So I don't see this spike and go back to their tools should always be improving, to bring costs down to balance out HW gains.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 17, 2014, 00:51 HorrorScope

This was great to see, really looking forward to it. Real coop turnbased (aka real table top on our pc) AND one can even act as DM. A++ (And I think the style kicks)  

3540 Comments. 177 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo