Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3885 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
93. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 14:21 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 12:59:
Sidenote, rebenchmarked with the 970, on Ultra+FT@1080p, now it's 54/44. Wheee

What was it on the 660 again?

Here is what a future buyer has noticed:

1. Still a lot of loading watching a stream and it's slow. Boo.

2. The button to search, yah not a fan, should be a stat and stuff automatically pops up. I assume they think this makes it actiony.

3. About tactics, if it isn't great, I have plenty of other games that are now. If it is more a great action RPG, fine with that.

4. The Party AI, yes if they gutted that, that is probably the biggest disappointment then. I used the crap out of it and you could really add to your party and leave out a lot of micro-managing and get a job well done. This goes all the way back for Bioware, gutting it would be a big disappointment. The only good I can say is no one else had anything like it, so it's no worse than the rest.

5. Controls. If most issues are rebinds, well I do that with every game and if Mouse 4 and 5 aren't recognized, I'll go into the mouse software and bind those to be something else DA:I can work with. IMO we should all have that capability. However is does seem a little beyond just that. Keeping eye on.

1 and 4 seem to be the hurters for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
68. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 14:04 HorrorScope

My bottom line is if you don't want to put it on the PC, don't. That is your decision. There are others that will kindly come in and fill the need. If this is to say "see pc users suck", then just keep your games and go away.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2014, 12:31 HorrorScope

2 votes? Well played. Looks like were sort of serious, but still all green lighted.  

61. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 12:14 HorrorScope

IAMLIT_REFLEX wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 12:05:
The reality is if you use ANYTHING but Firefox you are leaving the door to malicious scripts WIDE OPEN guys.

ONLY the use of NoScript! will give you GOOD protection from malicious scripting AND OTHER methods of attack.

There IS a NoScript! wanna-be for Chrome but I investigated it and concluded that I simply could not settle for such an inferior product.

I highly recommend that you all switch to the 64 bit version of the only optimized build of Firefox on Windows. It's called Pale Moon and it's all the work of ONE SINGLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly you gotta be crazy to do anything else....

And please tell me you use ESET anti-virus instead of some shitty old free AV...

Spoiler: if you think it's safe to pirate binary data (games, applications and potentially e-books... anything that can be infected with malware IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) you're in for a rude awakening.....

That is my bottom line to. Firefox has the best addons and that for home use anyways makes all the difference. Not saying it is impossible, but I get zero virus/malware ever, getting zero malware ever imo is an impressive feat. I also credit win 7 some as well.

It is laughable what IE doesn't have for addon's.

As for speed, if FF is even considered slow, which I don't know that. It is plenty snappy for this user. I am not struggling with browser speed using Firefox and its variants.

All that said, using NoScript I have zero problem with. But man showing anyone else that isn't as techy, they hate having to remember to "OK a safe site" once. I tried, but they just won't do it and think Chrome vanilla is better because they don't have such blocks. But they refuse to put the whole picture together, that in time I have to go back and clean shit up on their slow system. Right, the world is a little better living in the now with zero protections, but it sure sucks when it all comes to a halt. Personally I couldn't ask for anything more than FF with it's addons for protection and UI modifications. And all this carries right on over into the mobile world, another win.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2014, 12:33.

54. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 11:21 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 06:17:
jomisab wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 21:36:
LOL at all the pirating losers out there...

Thanks to pirating I didn't waste 45 dollars of HARD-SWEATY-HOURS-OF-GODDAMN-WORK earned money. It's not as black and white as most of you moralknights out here think it is, matter of fact. This game is getting 4,5s out of 5s; 9s out of 10s! The media is painting the picture that FC4 is the best fucking thing that has happened in a long time!

It's easy and I haven't been stuck with any of their POS's. We know not to use the industries scores. How much more "Fool me twices" does one need? They've been caught over and over, publisher/reviewer shenanigans. So what do you do instead? You grow some patient balls, take it in for a bit from gamers playing. If you do that you aren't 100% covered, but darn close.

But a pirate has no patience or money, so to be legit, if it sucks it proves piracy was right. But I get the same thing waiting a bit and reading up and not pirating at all. I think you are wrong for pirating and I think companies are wrong for taking too many precautions for pirating.

As for someone banning UBI from their existence, good on you, your choice, I don't care. For me I take every single release on it's own merits. But I wait to know what I'm getting into. Right now it's a total wait on AC5. That is completely apparent. FC4 I don't need another shooter, but if I were in the market, I'd be reading up and not falling victim to "Got to get it now" hype.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
59. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 20:59 HorrorScope

Bundy wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 16:06:
Bad news, Creston. Leliana is NOT a romance option. Just read it. Thought you might want to know... I feel like I need to go get drunk now.

Well if you can follow her up a ladder, good enough for me.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
51. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 11:57 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 11:54:
Verno wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 11:36:
Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 11:32:
Okay, I'm going to upgrade my graphics card for DA:I, because I want to see it at its most gorgeous.

Anyone have any experience playing this with Mantle? Is it worth getting a Radeon card, or should I just go with a 970?

Also, apologies for the 287 posts in a row.

Go with a 970 man, price to performance it can't be beat at the moment. I got the MSI but I hear good things about the Asus card as well.

Thanks bud.

Yep 970, I go AMD when they without question beat Nvidia/Intel, otherwise I'm in a better compatible world with their stuff. IMO.

That said, anyone talking about being cpu limited vs vc?

44. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 11:10 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 01:40:
best ever ladder-climbing animation.

Thanks for the tip on who to take!

21. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 17, 2014, 23:53 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 23:42:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 23:33:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 23:05:
Load speeds 6/10.

How often do you need to load?

Cutscenes, zone transitions etc. Once you're in a zone, it never loads (at least not that you notice.)

But when it loads, it apparently does take awhile. (Then again, DA:O was the same way. God that game took forever to load sometimes...)

That was the single biggest adv DA2 had over DAO.

But let me refine my question, we aren't loading no where near as much as the first two games, right? These are big ass areas??

18. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 17, 2014, 23:33 HorrorScope

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 23:05:
Load speeds 6/10.

How often do you need to load?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 17, 2014, 21:12 HorrorScope

Build that same gaming PC for $400 with Windows 7.  

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
228. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 14:24 HorrorScope

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 14:02:
SQ42 is a full, singleplayer campaign

Episodic campaign.

225. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 13:18 HorrorScope

Lord Tea wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 10:38:
Killcrit wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 08:07:
All this nonsense is solvable. It's simple. Don't fund kickstarters. It all goes back to the expression, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Alas, I have to agree. Apparently I was very lucky with the only two games I backed, Wasteland 2 and Battle Worlds: Kronos. Both delivered what they promised, and without DRM.

The E:D(RM) disaster definitely hurts the idea of crowdfunding.

I don't agree. Every person has their reasons why the do things. There are still a lot of people that are fine with this, their choice. And the game isn't made without it. So in their world they are getting something they wouldn't have and they are happy. So to say just don't do it, that's no good. I've played too many good games now through the process that it has a reason. The smart move is to research and don't spend something you can't afford. The End.

160. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 21:41 HorrorScope

Eirikrautha wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 21:01:
Darn it! I was going to buy this at launch. Not happening now.

Oh, and for the "this-doesn't-affect-you shills," I'll speak slowly and use small words, so you'll be sure to understand:

See, it's my money. I decide what I purchase. I decide what "affects" me and what doesn't. So if I like the idea that a game doesn't require always-on internet, it doesn't matter if I have a T-1 or a string-and-cup for communication. If always-on is OK with me, I'll spend MY money. If I don't, I won't spend MY money.

You know if someone has that point it's a few. That really isn't the point. You are right and I doubt anyone gets in your way on what you decide either way. This doesn't change nothing for me, I didn't KS and I don't care about being online or not, because I'm not in Iran and if my inet is down, rarely, I have 250 other options for games let alone gasp something outside of gaming. My question about the game is what all is there to do? But that is me, you are you when it comes to the bottom line. We bitch because it was mentioned one way, people invested and to enough it is a big deal in connectivity and/or principal.

But you do with what you want with your money...

136. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 19:29 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 18:48:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 18:15:
Steam w/DRM has open a new golden age of PC gaming. So even with DRM, the service has flourished, giving us more for less. I prefer none, but if that means 50% of gaming goes away then if it isn't intrusive, I can deal with it, I have. Starforce and GFWL are the only one's I've ever really had to put some effort into because of problems and see the market weeds them out, working.

Steam also has an offline mode which doesn't require you to connect to the internet at all. I have gone months in offline mode. Very different from the E:D situation.

Right. I got off on a secondary conversation.

111. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 18:15 HorrorScope

Julio wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 18:03:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 17:17:
You have in your head that DRM anything is bad

So how is DRM good?

Sure, those that make products or services wouldn't do so without it.

Steam would have had a hard sell early on to get developers to use it if it were an open file sharing application.

But life isn't black or white like that. If it isn't good it must then be bad and vice versa. I just get it, both ends and sleep like a dead baby. So what I accept is something that doesn't cause a headache for me, business people have their reasons and offer their services with a set of conditions. If we want to be literal, EULA's have to drive some people up the wall because of what those state. I click right by them, aka don't sweat the small stuff. If something becomes an issue I'll put my time in that then and if a pattern, we'll have time then at Blue's to hammer the shit out of it.

Steam w/DRM has open a new golden age of PC gaming. So even with DRM, the service has flourished, giving us more for less. I prefer none, but if that means 50% of gaming goes away then if it isn't intrusive, I can deal with it, I have. Starforce and GFWL are the only one's I've ever really had to put some effort into because of problems and see the market weeds them out, working.

92. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 17:22 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 17:05:
If you never played games during the 90's you probably wouldn't get why older gamers hate DRM so much.

Dude I started with the Atari 2600 first version. I started programming on an Atari 800 in the early 80's with PM graphics. There was no universal opinion of DRM then either, like we had some old-timers code.

I do know people liked to make computer clubs to copy games out the yang.

90. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 17:17 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 17:05:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 17:00:
That doesn't fit why I use it.

And you are one of the ignorant bastards I'm talking about, steam has single handedly ruined things like level editing and game modification

WTF are you talking about? I do it all the time with Steam or how about this to... not all games go through Steam.

Here is my picture of you, you have something like autism, you are so focused on DRM, I can never focus on anything like you do, you live and breath it, it's a mission of sorts for you. You have in your head that DRM anything is bad, it's all worst case, even if it hasn't happened, it could and if it can happen then we must assume it will happen. There is no reasoning with you, because of your disease, which I don't hold it against you, it is who you are and we must be open to accept everyone. But you can't accept others have a differing opinion that they can list good things on what it has brought us.

You tried to in a couple paragraphs tell all those that use Steam, they have been wrong all along and have basically ruined gaming. Drama Queen much? It's going on many years now, I have more games, better games, less cost, because of Steam. Millions share my view, so we are wrong because we got more, better and for less. And we are wrong because a fictionally DRM Doomsday could happen and because it can, we should assume it will and thus we should run from it. Here let me Slippery Slope Doomsday you... we shouldn't play electronic games because someday electricity may not happen and since that could happen, we should assume it will and thus we shouldn't get ourselves wrapped in something we could lose. Since I don't have a personal electric company to supply my own power, then I rely on these companies that could go belly up and be stuck with my thumb up my butt.

Trees from forest dude. You can hate it, but you shouldn't tell us we are wrong for liking it, especially since big keys that do matter, more, better and for less have all happened using it.

BOO!

86. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 17:00 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 16:54:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 14:46:
People are perfectly okay with Steam DRM but come out screaming with pitchforks when anyone else implements it.

Steam trojan horsed it's way to success on the back of half-life/CS let's remember, valve infected the game with that shit and since videogamers are not within a block or two of valve HQ they got away with it. Markets only work if the buyer and seller are within a few blocks of one another, otherwise corruption and nonsense expands.

Steam got the new generation of gamers and kids who were tech illiterate. People now use steam because they don't have a choice and the DRM hating gamers are outnumbered by the mouthbreathing masses but are still a sizable market (see: Good old games).

That doesn't fit why I use it.

It is very shallow to say that is all that Steam has done for gamers, add a layer of DRM to our games.

One I don't live in fear of DRM and because some do, it doesn't make us others wrong. Steam has made gaming cheaper and more accessible to me by far and I go all the way back. It wasn't a sellout to me using it, it's been a boon for me.

Going to a brick and mortar store and paying retail was zero picnic in my world.

I will not slippery slope DRM into some kind of world that has been painful for me to game in. It for me has been a non-issue with Steam. It doesn't live imo in the worst case scenario world you want to describe it does. Starforce... that was going to a bad place.

84. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 16:56 HorrorScope

What we continue to find is AAA's and Indies do not feel there is a market for a SP Space Fighting sim. I questioned it then and I question it now. There was always a fair market for it. These new one's slant online, so they still aren't quite what the request has been. There have been a couple other failed online space sims over the past 10.  

3885 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo