Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4570 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2015, 10:43 HorrorScope

Shineyguy wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 10:01:
Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 09:51:
MLB 14 The Show support shutting down in June?

What the fuck? It's not even a year old yet. Holy shit Sony.

Sony is probably pulling an EA. Ending support for this game because it's yearly follow up is coming out soon.

Doesn't EA give more than a year?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
3. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Mar 20, 2015, 10:27 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 09:51:
Promising. However we really need to see the editor and GM functions in action. Combat is way too effing fast atm. It looks more like an ARPG than the PnP it's supposed to be true to.

I think up next is the DM video, but there has always been this large gap between a TB/Pause RPG and ARPGs. Remember that war back in the day when Diablo came out vs the BG crowd? All you do is left click!!!! ARPG's are very fast and meat grinders, too little story/branching. Fun yes, but now perhaps too many on the market, there to me is a gap between BG and ARPGs.

This seems to have all the rest, like the banter and how the story narrates as you move along (System Shock 2 for Iso) so if it were a bit faster than the average, with the rest of the RPG trimmings, well it is fairly untapped and should work. We'll have to see where this goes. Being a 2015 release is surprising.

One thing I think I'm going to love with PoEt is they have a slow mode, so it doesn't have to be full pause, have to see how that plays out.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 19, 2015, 23:39 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 21:34:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 21:20:
Also, Michael Biehn, what is he like 65 now? Good luck, Blomkamp! Don't fuck it up too badly!

I love his quote:

"It's official. I will be reprising my role as 'Cpl.' (Not for long...) Dwayne Hicks. With the go-ahead, Hicks will return with Ripley in mid 2017. Perhaps Hicks and Ripley well eventually get to second base in this one."

Right because face it, that is harder than Ripley kicking alien ass.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 19, 2015, 11:54 HorrorScope

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 02:44:
It's official. Waiting for Pascal. My GTX580 is fine for now.

Pascal, pfff. Volta is where it is at. 2:00 mins.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Soars
116. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 18, 2015, 21:46 HorrorScope

Sepharo wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 21:34:
Yeah, when I see a car or a scooter I pause the game and check their starting point and destination. Mostly everyone should be walking or public transit except for industry.

I guess I should say when I see a lot of cars or scooters... Can't stop them all

Unamerican! No leisurely driving in your city. Now they need SS to enforce the law.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow
3. Re: Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow Mar 18, 2015, 21:40 HorrorScope

Watching videos it seems like a classic and not console targeted.

It has a 12 slot action bar, that doesn't mean console to me.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2015, 21:58.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow
1. Re: Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow Mar 18, 2015, 20:03 HorrorScope

Man that game looks damn promising to. Getting to a point of too much that I can't decide what to do next.  

News Comments > Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated]
50. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated] Mar 18, 2015, 19:24 HorrorScope

Kajetan wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 19:00:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 18:06:
I can tell you devs where not happy as most computer clubs turned into "disk copying" clubs.
Yes, the poor, poor gaming industry. Barely managed to survive with their yearly two digit growth rates and record profits, until they became bigger than the music industry. Oh, how they suffered!

There was suffering on the PC side of it (Atari/Apple/Commodore/Amiga/PC), on the console high-end there weren't disk copying parties, it was cartridge based.

That was when I was in the game and it was an issue, but it was a small market, small teams and a very modest sales were still ok'ish. But don't for a second think that wasn't a problem, it was huge.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 18, 2015, 18:43 HorrorScope

I would have loved Google glass, the problem I saw was the fucking $1500 price point. For a bill or maybe two, yes. IMO they never really even tested if there was a standard consumer market. This stupid concern grew where people where scared to be recorded, as though they aren't already, like what is all these smart phones in the air doing, screenshots and movies? Hell the fuck ello? But ok, take it off in some places, but in many other places it would have been cool to record while you trot around. They were not intrusive imo.  

48. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated] Mar 18, 2015, 18:06 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 17:38:
I hate the direction gaming took and anyone who likes it is retarded or unaware of gamings amazingly open past.

I go all the way back to day one. The only open past was because they didn't know how to close it, they still struggle today. I can tell you devs where not happy as most computer clubs turned into "disk copying" clubs.

46. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available [Updated] Mar 18, 2015, 17:15 HorrorScope

Common Sense Return time <1 hour game time. If you are having stability problems or something is just very off for you, put in checkbox2 for a no-hassel refund, think Amazon quality. Right there customer service scores would go up a lot. So if they are really concerned about that... start there.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
53. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 18, 2015, 17:13 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 16:22:
I've always been a huge fan of in-depth mechanics for my rpg turn/pause based games -- the closer they were to ADnD, the more I enjoyed them for the most part. Since DnD set the standard, it's better to go with what the majority already are familiar with then "redesign the wheel". DDO is really the only good DnD game out there, I still fire it up once in awhile.

I'm pretty open minded regardless, but gameplay has to be solid.

As for combat timers, I use cheatengine's speedhack on D:OS, I have absolutely no patience these days, so I always speed up the running, cutscenes, etc on games I can use it on.

Same with Cheatengine to speed up TB, but really that should be part of the options in game with any TB. Great I'll go normal speed for a while, but once I got it down and seen all there is to see, now I want to work fast. It is imo a big part of moving TB forward, quick efficient interfaces.

And right on with DnD but you know that is a large barrier for many.

51. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 18, 2015, 15:56 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 14:02:
I'm pretty sure it has to do with patience and the degree of how much you care. I understand the concept of requirements to ware certain armors or use certain spells, but -- while I cannot remember the details -- if I remember correctly in those games it wasn't just Strength or Intel but a whole bunch of other shit that wouldn't make sense to anyone who hadn't sat on a D&D table or devoured the manual.

Right.
THACO
DC
AC
Saves
SR

That is what I'm hoping is improved upon, I'm almost certain they will be since those things were from a bygone era and pc gaming has evolved.

I should start asking questions about the game, like:
Is there scripting for your NPC's on your team like BG?
What type of auto-pause options are there?
Are there combat speed sliders? (D:OS need that desperately)

This is part of why I'm not a K-razy Pause Based system player. If your game has pause base, then you need to know about these things, because they are tremendous aids for control and not being a total burden. It is about managing a fight. Or do you say F it, play on easy and just play the game in pure real-time? Now that is one reason I like Pause, you basically can have two different combat engines, one pure real, the other pause tactics throughout.

FWIW back in DDO. I swear that is the only MMO that can do it for me, but right back to a large learning curve which I'm pretty much past, but I always think "Man how many people just quit it because of all these rules to understand?". They could make a DDO 2 and just make a lot of the rules systems much more common and not touch the rest, well and have another large expansion added. The dungeons/interactivity is the special sauce for this game, and a nice slice of unique character builds.

But mechanics and number crunching in this game, it takes some time and for a newbie, real patience.

27. Re: Steam EU Refunds Now Available Mar 18, 2015, 11:24 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 11:03:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 10:57:
I don't understand how Origin/EA can offer refunds for 24hrs but Steam can not.

Because "can't" and "won't" are totally different things.

Goes back to Steam Support... Wow, EA has something better than Steam. To me that should be embarrassing enough to make it "all hands on deck!".

47. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 18, 2015, 11:14 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 10:48:

It's not like I was starting a debate here, so don't pretend I did.

Anyway, good to know. I'll give it a try anyway because it does look good! I'll just keep my expectations realistically low for a gamer like meself.

I hear yah!

Lets take the two ends BG and D:OS. with the 3 main attributes:

Strengths BG
Characters
Branching Story

D:OS
Combat

Will PoEt blend them all together? I guess it will do combat better than BG, I'm assuming a much cleaner system to read/understand, to know how to build better, use equipment better, to me that seems like perhaps the issue you had with BG/IWD.

As for character and branching story, it seems to be there as well or better than BG.

I also have a feeling D:OS has heard and realizes its shortfalls and expect greatly improved dialog the next time around.

So as of next week, I suspect PoEt to rate the highest to date when averaging those categories.

News Comments > TITAN X Available
13. Re: TITAN X Available Mar 17, 2015, 21:28 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 21:17:
and with double the memory

Really? Or is it "double" the memory?

"Double the Memory*"

*Almost.

11. Re: TITAN X Available Mar 17, 2015, 20:55 HorrorScope

WaltC wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 20:47:
If there's any truth to the 390X rumors that show 8GBs of superfast HBM; well, this Titan may well be the circus midget on the day the 390X ships...;) But who really knows what AMD will ship at this point--I certainly don't, but it's for sure I won't be buying anything else until I see what the 390X is all about...! As this Titan from nVidia is no bargain *choke* anyone who takes the plunge befire the competition announces is likely to be sorry he didn't wait.

Well one thing AMD can't be is a NVidia card. Like they can't be Intel either.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed
22. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed Mar 17, 2015, 20:54 HorrorScope

Yeah, watching a bit more, looking forward to the 27th. +1 day just to make sure there isn't something crippling.  

9. Re: TITAN X Available Mar 17, 2015, 20:46 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 20:41:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 20:32:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 20:13:
I wonder how many of these will you need to run the Valve VR headset.

I know you are kidding, but that will be able to handle a 1440P headset with no problem and Valves isn't 1440P. For some reason I feel this is a better built card than its predecessor and could see owning one (though I almost assuredly wont), I would have never owned the original titan. If I had trice the disposable income I wouldn't think twice, there is totally a market there though and they should sell.
2x1080p displays that has to run 90-120fps each
The interview I've watched with one of the engineers said that you will need a pretty beefy pc to run the headset.
I still wouldn't buy the titan for that much money though

They aren't full 1080P displays, pixel count is closer to 1080P vs 1440P. Yeah I thought the same at first, was corrected here then did the math. The Titan will do it and when they bench anymore it is mostly ultra, which we know there is usually a setting or two we can sacrifice to get the frames up more.

I would buy it if it was truly needed and VR was the shit.

6. Re: TITAN X Available Mar 17, 2015, 20:32 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 20:13:
I wonder how many of these will you need to run the Valve VR headset.

I know you are kidding, but that will be able to handle a 1440P headset with no problem and Valves isn't 1440P. For some reason I feel this is a better built card than its predecessor and could see owning one (though I almost assuredly wont), I would have never owned the original titan. If I had trice the disposable income I wouldn't think twice, there is totally a market there though and they should sell.

4570 Comments. 229 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo