Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4002 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Resumes
15. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Resumes Dec 13, 2014, 13:14 HorrorScope

I feel that everyone around me is getting rich off Valve Street and I'm just keepin on staying poor.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 13, 2014, 13:06 HorrorScope

Here he has a hard time with the words.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 12, 2014, 19:47 HorrorScope

"Consumers should have confidence the leading broadband service providers globally are working hard to deliver 1Gbps."

Ah yeah right, we are that gullible.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 12, 2014, 16:07 HorrorScope

1badmf wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 15:43:
yeah infotainment systems are pretty much superfluous these days with everyone having smart phones. someone should just invent a proper universal smartphone dock for a car. now THAT would sell like hotcakes.

Right. There are some, but they could still be integrated more professionally. I see is they are trying to reinvent and compete with something already 99% there and dominant.

Wife just but the phone in a dash holder, BT'thd already. It's already what these things are trying to do, at least from our end, who knows what the makers and NSA are trying to ninja in it. But if you can't be better then the two dominants (you can't) just use their tech and make it a bit more car centric. Seems like a no-brainer on how you would go with it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 12, 2014, 12:10 HorrorScope

I get the point it sucks just to be constrained. But hell I'm good with 720P quality on my TV for streaming. I can see the content just fine. If you don't want me at 4k, fine just all the longer it ever becoming a standard.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 12, 2014, 12:07 HorrorScope

Why wouldn't these be powered by android/iOS where you have speed, apps and everything? Why go with a much smaller proprietary system? It's like they are inventing something that just needs to be a tablet for a car.  

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 12:02 HorrorScope

"We live in a free society. GTA 5 should be available for any adult who wants to buy it, through any retailer who wants to sell it. But that doesn't mean its makers ought to be allowed to feel comfortable dismissing its critics in the most derisory fashion imaginable."

But actually they should be able to do just that. It is always up to the entity how they want to put weight on themselves.

You agree it should be allowed.
BUT
They should feel uncomfortable dismissing critics???

Hey if they can make the game, then blow off critic gripes, that is their choice and quality. We are told to ignore, don't listen to haters, sticks and stones and all that. See, what you want is them to be able to make it and then have them sit there a feel guilty and apologize about it as critics pick at you. No, they know their rights and aren't ashamed of it. You are adding in a layer of "they have to care", that actually doesn't exist as a rule, while their freedom to create it actually is a rule.

And the bottom line that you and I and everyone knows... This shit ain't real.

News Comments > FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game
7. Re: FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game Dec 12, 2014, 11:45 HorrorScope

The hook.

We need 75K to think about making what you want.

We want to recoup our investment, the game is too big for us.

Because one thing we know, at the very least on an Indy level there is a huge demand for this game.

I have no interest in miniatures, but I do pc game. Figure that out.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2014, 11:55.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week
8. Re: Steam Holiday Auction  Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week Dec 11, 2014, 22:38 HorrorScope

I'll just stick with the 66% and 75% off sale and spare my brain-cells figuring this out.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer
41. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 11, 2014, 19:23 HorrorScope

New game idea... the thought of driving around in space... like this. But land on a planet and bang the local chicks. To me that's a mega-hit and beats mining everyday and twice on hump-day. I'm not kidding.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Dec 11, 2014, 19:20 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 19:06:
To be fair, the large majority of dipshits reporting that didn't even bother to reboot after the hotfix got installed, and several sheepishly came back later to say "huh huh, a reboot fixed it."

Also, repairing the game files through Origin worked for quite a lot of people. Also, disabling the 60FPS cutscene fix seems to fix a lot of the stuttering issues.

And lets not even talk about problems created. What got lost in this were the fixes the patch was to bring itself. Did any of the UI changes help out or were those misses?

They really didn't do much. The radar pulse now shows loot on the mini map (helpful for those few annoying pings that you just can't find, but otherwise only a minor thing. The whole radar pulse system is just dumb. They need to up the distance on it by a factor of 10 and make the highlights last for two minutes. Then it wouldn't be so irritating) and there is a "loot all" key now, which could already be accomplished by pressing space once the loot chest was open. (Bioware actually didn't even know this themselves, which was pretty hilarious. A PC Game by PC Gamers! )

More UI updates are supposed to follow in the next one or two patches.

I haven't updated yet. I have zero issues with the game technically, other than it sometimes hard crashing at a rift (and I think that's more shitty Nvidia drivers than a DA issue), so I really don't feel like risking it. I'm ~ 5 hours away from finishing, so I'm gonna finish and then put it away for awhile until they've sorted some UI stuff out.

Do you typically reboot after an upgrade? I've gone 2/3'rds a year without a reboot last year. Standing at 32 days currently. What is funny and it gets me more at work, is where we used to always know "something not working, reboot", now every so often something isn't working and someone says try a reboot and I kick myself. In general like 9.5 out of 10 upgrades I don't have to boot. Leave it to ole EA to keep the past present!

Regarding the stupid loot finder button... is it possible to just put that on a macro and have it press the key every few seconds? Yeah that was another poor design choice.

And finally, yeah game needed some UI loving and the patch does little, not so good.

I do giggle about "I have zero issues with the game technically, other than", other than it's not zero issues, however I get it. It's not to a point it bothers a player, I'm cool with that.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 11, 2014, 18:25 HorrorScope

DrSquick wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 17:18:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 13:25:
Trendy was trying to be trendy but realized there is a trend now that says "if you don't have a moba out last year, you are already too late to the party". So Trendy saw the trend and made the right call. Now the FTP part of DD2 may still be fucked to hell and back. I guess they just weren't ok with a lot of money and want to now risk it going this pay to route. I just think they needed to improve on the formula of DD1.

I sort of fell out of touch with DD once the MOBA thing was announced. But I spent a tremendous amount of time in DD1, and loved it! What is looking bad about DD2? Last I heard they had a ton of classes, it would be FTP, with cosmetic and XP boosts as the only paid items.

I'm not really sure at this point, yeah played the piss out of the first as well. But heck why give me something free which I would have spent $15-$20 for if there isn't a catch? Perhaps there isn't one, then I'm supposed to believe they are looking out for us? Since it is ftp, certainly will try it out.

32. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 11, 2014, 17:06 HorrorScope

But this on endless loop while playing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ-lSTlUnfA

Space Truckin!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2014, 15:55 HorrorScope

But then Sony wouldn't have done what they do best? Embarrass themselves.

Sony has had a lot of cuts and this is what you get, messy maanagement. My company had a round of cuts about a year ago. We are making quite a few more mistakes now. I guess people had a reason why they collected a check. But most want to do the same/more with less and what they knew back in the day "it takes this to have that", they just forgotten about that and assume you get everything and more with less. Thanks Wall Street.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 11, 2014, 14:20 HorrorScope

Lets get the DA:I convo going for today... since it is GOTY, right?

So the hotifx. Anyone having stuttering or popup/draw distances issues after that? Seems to be somewhat common report.

And lets not even talk about problems created. What got lost in this were the fixes the patch was to bring itself. Did any of the UI changes help out or were those misses?

News Comments > Scrolls Launch Today
28. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 13:47 HorrorScope

Jivaro wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:35:
Orogogus wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:14:
Anyway I just jumped the shark...
You... what?

Google or Youtube search "happy days Fonzi jumped the shark" and watch the video that comes up.

All will become clear.

And when you say Fonzi you are basically saying 20th Century Jesus.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 11, 2014, 13:25 HorrorScope

Trendy was trying to be trendy but realized there is a trend now that says "if you don't have a moba out last year, you are already too late to the party". So Trendy saw the trend and made the right call. Now the FTP part of DD2 may still be fucked to hell and back. I guess they just weren't ok with a lot of money and want to now risk it going this pay to route. I just think they needed to improve on the formula of DD1.  

7. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Details; Trailer Dec 10, 2014, 21:31 HorrorScope

They should have a movie with no music space trucking cargo back and forth. I've watched some twich, haven't seen the action portrayed in that trailer yet. Hope exists.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
60. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 22:22 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 17:06:
(The Win7 vs Win8.1 comparison in that article blows me away. I suspect hardware shenanigans. I can see win8 being faster, but in some of those screenshots it's like 60-70% faster.)

That's my new beef with the game. That's bull.

Reading the lengthy thread today, I know a lot of people are playing and liking but even those people have plenty of things they are putting up with. If I'm going to put up with something, it would be a non EA game. Be interesting to hear reports back on how the game ends and how satisfying that is.

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Dec 9, 2014, 21:19 HorrorScope

The wait continues...

My Eyes!

4002 Comments. 201 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo