Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3019 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Unbended Revealed, New ARPG from Sacred Devs
1. Re: Unbended Revealed, New ARPG from Sacred Devs Apr 13, 2014, 12:22 HorrorScope

Just want to say, ARPG's are fun and all... but it's time to start added something different with them. For everyone's sake.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming
15. Re: PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming Apr 12, 2014, 18:47 HorrorScope

[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 18:29:
nin wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 13:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 13:06:
Not to mention that hardware has semi plateaued, and you don't have to necessarily swap your video card or proc every 6 months to run the latest and greatest at an acceptable level.

<--------This is the truth.

There is zero reason why the new generation of consoles exist. The old ones were good enough. This is the real reason gaming is returning to the PC.

One reason.... 8 gigs of ram, this will pay off when all the big games are made for current gen/pc.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
109. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 13:58 HorrorScope

Drillo wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 13:41:
3. Yes that CIG event, ^ with the video's. Was funded by sub backers and was not. A official PAX east event. Given it was a full day before. PAX east even started. In a bar no less.

It's times like this I impress myself. lol

I said:
"I'm a dude shootin the shit, not totally informed on everything Star Citizen, but not a person who hasn't been around the block and can in general hit a mark fairly well being so practiced."

The you mention is was to investors/fans only and at a bar. Which I mentioned both from simply fan reaction in the vids!

See I've been around the video game block so many times, that even without all the facts, I'm practiced enough to generalize close enough regularly.

Now to deflate myself, this isn't all that rare and I'm not making any money from it.

(good day before I wear out my keyboard)

103. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 13:35 HorrorScope

Drillo wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 13:02:
Very nicely written. I can't deny that one. Cheers!

Oh you don't have to make me feel happy...and sense you handle yourself to be a game critic i would think the first thing to do is to emmm. Do research just saying....before forming a opinion on something. An joining in on a circle jerk.

But i can't fault people for misunderstanding what the whole event was. Given the title is mis- leading as hell. But yea Subers paid for this event to happy (rich fuckers ;p) and they put it on for the rest of us to show off content. Though they do need to improve on this stuff. But they are not PR they make games and even the best fuck up their showcases.

Though i thought that Blue news was better then this though. Weird how this placed changed in a few years.

At the end of the day this whole this is new and its a big gamble and every backer is on that train to success or shit kingdom of sadness.

Which every one wants to prevent...if it fails this time this nothing can be done to get a epic space game out. Though at least it has started it back up.

Very good.

Your first point, being a critic, I should research before making an opinion. Well lets not forget I'm not a paid critic, I'm a dude shootin the shit, not totally informed on everything Star Citizen, but not a person who hasn't been around the block and can in general hit a mark fairly well being so practiced.

Now I don't get into all the finest of S.C. details. But as several mentioned why we have reservations. They seem spot on to me in general ways.

Chris's past of over promising, under delivering. We at least think there is some evidence of that from past readings.

Leave out this game... "What sounds to be good to be true usually is". There is no denying even without knowing all the details that is S.C., this is ambitious to the point it would be "The Great American Videogame". So you get guarded comments solely based on life in general.

Then there is the gloating of another million raised. 40 times over. Blue pastes it here and we are spoon fed it. That again keeps a game fresh in our minds vs one that should be silent for a couple years ideally to me.

The tech demo and deadlines, I'll say this is a smaller point, but this hasn't been overly impressive to me. But it's hard to tell if it's a harbinger of things to come or not. But as said, smaller point.

The cost some people pay for virtual items, it sort of rubs me a bit wrong, so perhaps some of those feelings do figure in to my overall slant. I'll surrender that.

But in most of my S.C. posts, I leave you with... I hope I'm wrong and this will be great. Because I truly would love that to happen. There is a chance, I'm not saying in any way there is no chance, it's all a scam etc (even though that is possible to), I'm not going down that dark a path. I'll buy his team and his heart is fully into it.

Perhaps this is the realm games like S.C. live in. When you promise the moon and stars literally. You bring a larger spotlight to yourself. So it's all part of the territory.

Your second point. The missleadingness of the post. Yeah this happens enough here and elsewhere these days. I'm not sure how to say this well, but just sort of put news and comments into their proper perspective on things. When you do, even if I'm wrong or your wrong, it's not all that important. Being a good soul, what is ideal is if we are wrong that we aren't big enough to correct ourselves.

But as you say, I did have a misrepresentation (if what I read now is true) on how this was demo'd. My first remarks were based on something that was different. I changed my tune as I found out more, not hugely, but some. But the bottom line is, if you feel real good about the project, good, you should if you have reasons that make sense. No one here is trying to take that from you. But we also have our own opinions as well. I'm not a fan of any one game and rarely a team of devs, these are all made by good people, but people I don't know them, so it's all equal there.

Third Point. Blue's is better than this... My guess is it's mostly the same as it ever was. I believe this has happened over time though. Gamers have become more jaded. But not because they are bad people, this is a tech driven industry. We do want to be ohh'd and ahh'd. But were at FPS game 10,000, RTS game 8,000, RPG 1,000,000 etc. If the industry doesn't move forward fast enough, boredom of doing the same thing over and over and still wanting $$$ for the same thing over and over, well it wears on most. I'm totally hoping O.R. or the like can be an answer. It will be fresh like when 3d-Accelerated Quake hit us all here at Blue's. Those were the golden years, we were all so happy because there was a landmark change for the good and everything was one-up'ing what we did in the past. Now were back at the point... "Where is the new thing?". Now to make this S.C. related. It will be amazing if this is a great space sim supporting VR and it all works. You will see places like Blue's be much happier again and open.

Forth Point. If it fails at least Space Sims are being talked about and made again. Yes, I'd say in the worst case S.C. has already had a positive affect. I don't know why marketeers at the large dev houses have somehow concluded Space Sims are dead. They are wrong, I know it and you know it. We now have at least 3 space sims being made, wonderful. And doubly wonderful I no longer count on or need any videogames by the AAA devs. The Indy scene is better for me, more interesting designs, making things we want again and the price has been lowered. Win. Win. And Win.

So I see you are a fine chap to shoot the breeze with. Perhaps when you see people doubting this game, to let it roll off a bit, because as cool as it can be, there are some flags here and they really can't be countered because they are more generalized of over-promising and under-delivering nature and well no one knows how this ends until it's time has come. I'm guarded, but I'm also intrigued, worst case they have me reading and keeping it fresh in my head, they'll take some stabs from me, but they can prove me a worry-wart in the end. I'm cool with that.

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2014, 13:45.

News Comments > PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming
2. Re: PAX East Panel Bullish on PC Gaming Apr 12, 2014, 13:06 HorrorScope

Here let me throw MS a bone.

People should be bullish on pc gaming.

The #1 reason is their computers are running better than before. Complications are way down vs 10 years ago. Win 7 has been what MS needed since they started making O/S's.

Steam also has made it a lot easier for those that have PC's but don't want to learn much about them. Like Win 7, pc's for them just have to work, no excuses. Now I'm better off being able to tool around a pc, but I'm not also the mass market.

Also throw in you can continue to build up your pc at any time, keep compatibility. It's not really a surprise, good things should be happening in this sector.

Consoles designers don't quite get the whole picture yet, they are imo still doing a few things wrong and since PC's are running better, people are just leaving to an alternative that has almost all the answers. Sony's team will get it... MS's is lost (bone given back).

To me it all starts with ease, consoles always had it but with them came a lot of restrictions. PC's now are easy and the chains are off as always.

100. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 12:53 HorrorScope

Drillo wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 12:17:
I don't get it what is your problem with all this. You guys are going to have to make me understand. Because it seems like a big waste of time. Or are you just bored and like to bash things to the ground?

Not really bored, but we all can have hobbies in what we do. I play games as a hobby, I stay up on Tech Ind. news as a hobby. I find that my mind is intrigued and finds peace with this. And for hobbies, it's a fairly cheap one to be in and I do like to stretch the dollar since they are harder and harder to come by.

I do wish I lived in a world that just worked better. But age old adage's exist for a reason and this to me starts veering down that path, easily down the path for me. I would love to live on a plane as blissful as yours, that was real and true.

But finding out this was a closed showing, a backers event. Well have you ever seen an infomercial? Surely. Those people in the audience aren't just any Tom, Dick and Harry with the freedom to say what they want on camera. They are all buying everything being sold to them, because they are paid or have vested interest. It makes all the difference to me.

So sorry when I find out this wasn't opened to all at Pax East, but a closed crowd of investors, that explains the reactions to things we've seen for 10 years. Perhaps not as pretty then, but muddling around in space like he did, not all that special to me at this point. Long loooong way to go with this one. In my little perfect world I wouldn't hear about this for at least another two years, that way I wouldn't disappoint you in comments and when I see it then, perhaps there is some real ohh'ing and ahh'ing to be had. But Blue lines them up... He makes me.

But yeah, this game gets no quarter over another. To me they are all equal to start, they are all commercial products. So being a possible consumer of said products, products that want my money in a crowded field. Yeah I give some fairly blunt remarks, but there is also praise in many posts as well.

You can cower and take them all in negatively. Or you can go work harder, show me up and knock the ball out of the park, make bank and get the girl. Or just ignore me and hope I'm a small minority. I like to think the last two are more one's reality. Work hard and ignore general feedback, stick to what you know will get you there, the future will take care of itself.

But if I have to lick your rod to make you happy and finish the game, the game is going to die.

I'm a game critic like the next, no one has been at this longer than I have, except Nolan Bushnell.

I have my concerns, but I've never hidden that I also would love this to be great, I'll play the shit out of it. But my opinions won't have any affect to what will really happen with this game, so you don't need to worry much at all with whatever I write. That is in Chris's hands in full. I'm a harmless fly.

97. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 12:13 HorrorScope

Drillo wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 11:59:
Also you going to have to explain what you mean by Poor PAX showing? because he was not at PAX he was showing the DFM to his backers at the CIG private event totally separate from PAX and the thousand backers there seemed quite fine with what they paid for

In Marv's voice (Sin City)

"Well you just dropped a whopper on me"

Blue's has it reading like this was at Pax. Now it makes a lot more sense. It was a private party, there was an open bar, it was all backers, they are all in a way shills to a point. They are all invested and really really want this not to fail. Totally explains the crowd ooh and ahh's, I was watching an infomercial.

Thanks for giving me the piece of the story I didn't have, EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Graphics
19. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 12, 2014, 12:09 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 18:57:
So what Ubisoft is saying AMD users shouldn't bother with this game then. Ok, Ubisoft, no sale in that case.

You have an AMD? Figures. lol

95. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 12:06 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 08:12:
but you focus on those who expect it to fail after a video which has morons whooping at some fairly generic footage showing nothing that we haven't seen

Perhaps even to a point there were shills in the crowd, who knows maybe a strategy to get more funding. "See all these people going crazy? This is going to be HUGE! We need 25 million more to make this everything the people want. This will be bigger than World of Warcraft! You'll get 4x your investment back."

Or

They had an open bar an hour before this demo!

Or

This crowd is blessed with always finding everything in life so grand and beautiful, everything feels like the first time for them. While I live in a world where I only get moments of such wonderfullness, but are just far enough between.

They are blessed, I am not.

I still can't get accepted to BeautifulPeople.com.

51. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 21:48 HorrorScope

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 21:24:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 20:58:
I'm not much a guildy, but if I were ever wanting to be in one, it would be one in Star Citizen with the main goal to go after people that spent big $$$ on certain ships. I would just find pleasure in that.

I think the real money ships come with lifetime insurance. That would take a lot of the fun out of it.

A little, but they still would have to be thinking "Why the fuck am I an agro magnet?". Driving a Mercedes through the inner-city projects oblivious of the world around them. lol

50. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 21:46 HorrorScope

Slinkycatz wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 21:20:
I think it is blatantly obvious by now that even if SC turns out to be a breakout hit and lasts for 20 years, those of you emotionally invested in your decision to call SC a failure will be incapable of admitting it.

I doubt he pulls it off, but if he does I'll be there at that time with my money and happily buy it, it would be amazing if it's just even a fraction of what he's promised.

But I'm sorry, we have history and not only gaming history but total mankind history. We have age old sayings about what he's doing. So don't go bashing us for being guarded. He's promising the world literally, we all hope he pulls it off, but it's a long shot, imo.

And again when Blue lines'em up, we knock'm down (not always negatively) but it's how the news/comments world goes round. This isn't any games Fansite. It's general gaming/tech-industry news.

If you can't see how or why we say what we do, you have major blinders on. Doesn't mean you aren't right thinking it will be all of that, but you should be able to see that it also falls into "if it sounds to good to be true...". That's all. Nothing more than that. That is why there is another opinion beyond, OMG AWESOME!

Honestly what was shown there could really be a couple months tech demo for some small teams. And the crowd... just icing.

Your right about some people or the type where they dig in to one side of an argument and can't ever back off. I know I'm not like that, who knows about the rest here, but I've told you exactly how I feel "guarded" but would also love to see this fly as planned.

42. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 20:58 HorrorScope

[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 20:28:
I investigated the Star Citizen craze to try to find out what was going on with the millions and millions of dollars of crowd funding and here is a full report of what I found:

1. A bunch of Star Wars geeks are Star Citizen fan bois
2. Every time Roberts Space Inc tweets a shiver goes up their legs.
3. Due to the nerdgasm in the SC forums nothing can be discussed.
4. Every stretch goal makes a million dollars and they produce nothing

I'm not much a guildy, but if I were ever wanting to be in one, it would be one in Star Citizen with the main goal to go after people that spent big $$$ on certain ships. I would just find pleasure in that.

41. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 20:54 HorrorScope

So that's what a gaming crowd sounds like when they have 100's and 1000's invested, a bit like a rock concert. And ooh'ing, ahh'ing and woot'ing at things that well, things that aren't really new to games. Too funny. He turned the ship... "oooh". LOL The best part of this is the crowd reactions.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 10, 2014, 20:33 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 10:16:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 23:08:
Been time to upgrade for a long while now. It's the point on how they sell fear about, without patches you are being threatened as if you were ever all that safe if someone wanted to attack you.

Then we find out in China, Win XP patches and support continues.

kind of. Due to pressure from the government, Microsoft outsourced Chinese support. They still aren't doing it themselves. Don't be like mad max and spin things to fit your agenda.

My agenda is XP always was insecure and it's not become less secure, it's just not becoming more secure anymore. In a world where an O/S can seemingly never be secure. They are selling fear... if you don't upgrade bad things will happen.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
35. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 10, 2014, 19:27 HorrorScope

They've must have been watching and getting a little jelly how Star Citizen could rake in cash selling ships.  

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
29. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 19:19 HorrorScope

If it's done better than the rest, I'm interested.  

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 9, 2014, 23:08 HorrorScope

Been time to upgrade for a long while now. It's the point on how they sell fear about, without patches you are being threatened as if you were ever all that safe if someone wanted to attack you.

Then we find out in China, Win XP patches and support continues.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 9, 2014, 19:33 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 18:19:
We're losing hundreds of billions of dollars per year to this crap, and then told "Oh, gotta cut food stamps, gotta cut unemployment, gotta cut public education, no money for infrastructure." It's literally subsidizing the corporations on the backs of the poor.

Truth, I'm not sure things are that bad if everyone wasn't hiding their money owed. Argue against it, but it's needed if you want a widespread society and it's the law.

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 9, 2014, 19:27 HorrorScope

"Microsoft ended support of Windows XP on Tuesday, leaving the many still clinging to the outdated software exposed to cyberattacks."

LIKE IT HASNT BEEN ALL ALONG!

What kind of scam we trying to pull here?

Year after year, month after month a new security patch, they obviously cannot just close any of their O/S's up and be NOT EXPOSED TO CYBERATTACKS.

So stop with the "Exposed to Cyberattacks" it always has been with MS support or not.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 9, 2014, 18:03 HorrorScope

The LA Camera Article, love the irony... some cops don't like the law and purposely break it. WELL TO THE FUCK BAD! JOIN THE CROWD!  

3019 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo