Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3469 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 6, 2014, 09:33 HorrorScope

Shaq Fu is interesting, very little was contributed on the low end by the general pop, but has lots of high end bids. Seems like the powers over the people contributed to get this made.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot
7. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot May 5, 2014, 23:30 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:02:
I thought Borderlands sucked. Cel-shading? Fugly. 50 million tiny variations on the same weapon? Yawn. Shallow, uninteresting, repetitive world.

Which you could edit a config file and then kick on Sweet Fx, it is a very good looking game to boot. It's a First Person ARPG, so you get the millions of variations and repetitive play. What this also did was have a wonderful narrative as you played, which ARPG's don't really have much of. A+

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot
1. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot May 5, 2014, 20:41 HorrorScope

"Itís an episodic series thatíll be $4.99 per episode (or you can save with the Season Pass)"

And I believe by most now, recommended to wait until the season is over.

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
51. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 20:05 HorrorScope

LOL the NDA is online of all things...

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/168994612/Oculus-ZeniMax-NDApdf

49. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 19:52 HorrorScope

Silicon Avatar wrote on May 5, 2014, 19:43:
With Facebook owning OR? No way.

Facebook's entire business is shoving ads in your face. That's all they do.

Somebody else will do VR and I'll check them out.

LOL. You will be able to buy the device and play hardcore games and never see an add. Public hysteria.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
13. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 5, 2014, 15:59 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on May 4, 2014, 20:10:
HorrorScope wrote on May 4, 2014, 19:38:
Seems to me like the biggest smartphones handle the tasks that most would need from a tablet. The tablets biggest win is doing something while mobile over a laptop, but a big smartphone can do it and more.

Smartphones are about mobility out of the house. Tablets are about mobility in it. A laptop isn't comfortable to use on a chair or a couch. Guess where most people browse the internet and do their stupid Buzzfeed quizzes?

Answer: not somewhere they can easily use a laptop.

People buy laptops sparingly now, because updates aren't very beneficial to someone not doing video editing or video games. People are now buying tablets sparingly, too, for the same reason - newer, better ones offer no real, tangible benefit worth even a fraction of the $500-$800 most are.

I get all that, I'm just stating you are going to see tablets taking a backseat imo to large smartphones, does everything and more and still a reasonable size.

Now if someone focused a bit more on ultra-slim/small laptops with flip keyboards, price performance, that could be sweet.

News Comments > Steam Top 10 Redux
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Redux May 5, 2014, 15:37 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on May 5, 2014, 14:45:
Actually I don't think Skyrim sold a whole heck of a lot more units on the PC either. IIRC the reports were suggesting something like 3 million units sold on the PC.

Yeah that could be, it seems low. I would have thought more in the 6-7 million range, seems I know more people who have played that then Diablo 3. Funny how numbers go sometimes.

33. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 14:56 HorrorScope

Beelzebud wrote on May 5, 2014, 14:47:
The other day it sort of hit me that Zenimax now owns: Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein, and Fallout.

As the Dude would say, "That's a bummer, man."

Yep and if you still make quality a name doesn't matter. Fuck names.

32. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 14:55 HorrorScope

NetHead wrote on May 5, 2014, 14:27:
I think someone else recently pasted this about Zenimax/Bethesda on Blue's. I think it's well worth posting again as what's going on between them an Oculus so far doesn't seem all that surprising or unusual.

http://geekbravado.com/2013/06/04/bethesdas-shady-business-isnt-unusual/

Yep that's an eye opener if true and can see how one can play a tactic like that. Always wondered why Hunted (which is underrated) seemed like when that game was released there was zero word or support from Bethesda.

News Comments > Steam Top 10 Redux
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Redux May 5, 2014, 14:28 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on May 5, 2014, 10:49:
Creston wrote on May 5, 2014, 10:45:
SKYRIM!!!!!!
DayZ is the new Skyrim

Not all #1's have equal sales. For as long as Day Z has been #1, I've heard it has now sold 2 million. When you look at it that way, sometimes being #1 on steam isn't all that impressive.

News Comments > Steam April 2014 HW/SW Survey
14. Re: Steam April 2014 HW/SW Survey May 5, 2014, 14:27 HorrorScope

Orogogus wrote on May 5, 2014, 14:09:
Well, it would matter for people who move their laptops around.

Ok my Win 7 laptop will be rebooted around 10 times this year, forced security updates requiring a reboot. Sleep mode otherwise, with 1 second start times.

25. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 14:02 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on May 5, 2014, 14:00:
I don't see how trying to get Facebook money is "sabotaging VR."

Them trying to invest into Ocu and getting shunned. Then shutting down anything they had because of it and then taking Ocu to court over hurt feelings. Seems like a negative vibe to me.

News Comments > Steam April 2014 HW/SW Survey
12. Re: Steam April 2014 HW/SW Survey May 5, 2014, 13:51 HorrorScope

Actually you gave Linux too much credit:
It was one version up .22 while others versions were down, net gain...

Total: Linux 1.26% +0.06%
Last Month: 1.20%

If I rec'd a system with win 8 I'd just get the Desktop Fix and keep moving. No reason to go back that said, imo when people get excited about boot speed increases I see those at least for me and I doubt I'm alone, this year I've rebooted my Win 7 system once so far, I expect one or two more times. It's not like the old days where you could reboot a couple times per day. So whatever that speed difference is, is of no consequence.

22. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 13:45 HorrorScope

NewMaxx wrote on May 5, 2014, 12:28:
So let me get this straight...they refused to give Zenimax a stake, then turned around and sold out to Facebook and took John Carmack with them to help lead its development.

No, I can't see any reason Zenimax would be pissed off. I understand that a lot of people live in la-la land where "what's right is right," but civilization is built on laws and lawyers because people are backstabbing assholes.

That said it's business, yep people leave, yes people turn down offers, I'm sure they've had a few work in their favor over the years as well. Seems like they wanted in and when Oculus said no, they whined like children and stopped everything related. "We'll show them" tactics.

Now even with this response we really don't know the nuts and bolts but it sounds like Zenimax didn't get what they wanted and they tried and are still trying to sabotage VR.

Poor babies. I hope they love the backlash of now being an uncool publisher to most now. Might as well just let go the PR dept, that goose is cooked.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
8. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 4, 2014, 19:38 HorrorScope

Seems to me like the biggest smartphones handle the tasks that most would need from a tablet. The tablets biggest win is doing something while mobile over a laptop, but a big smartphone can do it and more.  

News Comments > etc.
26. Re: etc. May 3, 2014, 12:47 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on May 2, 2014, 21:21:
HorrorScope wrote on May 2, 2014, 20:20:
Quboid wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:57:
Why is he in so much trouble with the NBA for this and not for denying housing on racial grounds? That's much, much worse.

Why. Two parts all sponsorship was leaving, has left. But even bigger than that and that is plenty big is the players were organizing a walk out. That forced immediate action.

Why didn't the sponsors walk after the earlier case? Why didn't player protest earlier?

No matter those answers, that is why it moved fast this time. But to answer your why "This took off like wild fire in the media", that is the difference. (Just read Roach, saying the same thing)

News Comments > etc.
25. Re: etc. May 3, 2014, 12:46 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:18:
He's an old racist piece of shit

It's better being one of those vs a young racist. He grew up with it being accepted and he's old, stubborn and set in ways. Plus he'll be gone soon. Then there is a group that has lived through the transformation of acceptance and then there is the 25 and unders which have live in total acceptance. To me it is getting better, the killer is it is almost always black vs white as if there are no other races. Going to take another 40 or so years where all those alive will have been born with acceptance as the norm. There is no talking people set in their ways to just give it up.

News Comments > etc.
24. Re: etc. May 3, 2014, 12:40 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:18:
He's an old racist piece of shit and if he cares that he was recorded then that's up to him to deal with in civil court.

Yep but things that get me that are recorded and videoed is when talking heads are asked who would you like to see as the new owner? Every black commentator answering that question I've heard so far has said "I would like to see an owner of color". Isn't that down the same damn path Sterling went? "He'd like to see his squeeze not with a black person". Black commentator, "I'd like to see the next owner not white". It's all the same shit in a slightly different package but to me obvious to pick up as a match of doing the same damn thing.

But since it's promoting black (at the expense of another) that is ok, because no one wants to touch it and be in fear of losing their job. Well played black race, well played.

This comment was edited on May 3, 2014, 12:49.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews May 3, 2014, 11:26 HorrorScope

shihonage wrote on May 2, 2014, 23:17:
Fargo's main contribution to "Fallout" was its name. Tim Cain is the real father of Fallout.

Fargo is a big-picture, vision guy, the salesman, the puffer. His current position is too small for his skillset, he cannot properly micromanage a garage company. He does not have the low-level knowledge of creating a proper RPG framework from scratch. He believes that quests and choice&consequence are just a series of IF-THEN statements.

This will become obvious soon, when you see the mess Fargo made of Wasteland 2.

Hi Tim, but what are quests/choice and consequences at a coding level? If/Then, Case, Array or some form of programming derivative of those, or something else? Enlighten. Perhaps magic?

On another note he takes big credit with this statement:
He was also very good at spotting talent. "I gave Treyarch their first start in the business. I gave Blizzard their start. I gave BioWare their start. That's what I would do," Fargo says."

News Comments > etc.
21. Re: etc. May 2, 2014, 20:20 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:57:
Why is he in so much trouble with the NBA for this and not for denying housing on racial grounds? That's much, much worse.

Why. Two parts all sponsorship was leaving, has left. But even bigger than that and that is plenty big is the players were organizing a walk out. That forced immediate action.

3469 Comments. 174 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo