Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3385 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
63. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 23:53 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 10:34:
It's not blasphemy, I've said the same thing dozens of times. Yeah I've put 100+ hours into xcom and ftl, but many action games I want 12-16.

It also is different with the games you mentioned that you have 100's of hours in. That a single play-through doesn't take 100 hours, but it's so good you play it again. There are still always exceptions, like for many Skyrim. Not that I'm really telling anyone anything, I just love typing and I'm so good at it (not).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Heartbleed Warning
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity Heartbleed Warning Apr 16, 2014, 22:02 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 18:04:
And this is why I use a two garbage passwords for unimportant sites so I don't have to go around changing them all then this shit happens - which is like every fucking week now. And different much more secure ones for stuff like banking, etc.

Same. You can have my Blue's but use a password generator for anything important enough that can get at $$$.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack
31. Re: Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack Apr 16, 2014, 21:46 HorrorScope

Yep the best thing about GW is I have a Icon to start it. I can click it at any point, update and I'm in playing. Now is there something I want to do in there? Well I'm not sure. Sounds like they moved a bunch of things around but overall nothing that gets people to stand up and cheer. Why if your going to do this massive change, not make it something that people will go gaga over and comeback in droves? It's like a redo a GW 2 2.0 and it comes out with controversy at best. Stupid.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2014, 11:06 HorrorScope

GTFO with those Happy Eye's.  

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
23. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 10:30 HorrorScope

I no this is blasphemy to many, but with the backlog I have and it's only going to get larger. I'm more now for 15 hour'ish length games, For many games that go much longer my ADHD kicks in anyway as I become a bit bored repeating its game play for so long. I rather it just end around 15 and get to the next game. This is about the only chance I have at seeing the light of the backlog tunnel.

But I'm totally fine buying quality games at 75% off even if I don't get to them. A it is still $ in the devs pockets. B. It is setting a market and has played a factor in the lower costs of games.

That's like the Stick of Truth sitting at $60. I want it, but it doesn't match the value of so many other turn-based games out there. So I wait.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack Apr 16, 2014, 10:21 HorrorScope

"an imaginatively titled add-on"

Ah yeah, sure. And being the first ever. I recall a year back or so every other month was an enhancing game features patch.

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
92. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 18:17 HorrorScope

Tumbler wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 15:52:
Do a lot of people think that the 42 million milestone was only a towel? The towel is an inside joke.

Well then no one should be surprised when outsiders don't get the insider jokes.

But I read the bullet points. A ship, Web Site updates, mobiglasskit (not sure I have my head around this one yet) and the famous towel.

Face value, not impressed. But reading, I get what is being said, the games major features are done, they are putting out some light weight stuff at goal levels and that the fans voted to keep these goals going by a wide margin.

It changes a few things, but not my overall feelings. They have a lot of work in front of them and they promised a whole helluva lot. Their fans set them up for ridicule as every-time they ding another million we get to do this all again.

Good times!

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Apr 15, 2014, 14:47 HorrorScope

Here's a study...

Every war in mankind's hisory has been started by someone who didn't play video games.

So who's kidding who here?

End of Study.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2014, 13:32 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 12:36:
The aggressive effort to collect old debts started three years ago — the result of a single sentence tucked into the farm bill lifting the 10-year statute of limitations on old debts to Uncle Sam.

And there you go. Fucking hell...

Yep.

the result of a single sentence tucked into the farm bill lifting the 10-year statute of limitations on old debts to Uncle Sam.

No one seems eager to take credit for reopening all these long-closed cases. A Social Security spokeswoman says the agency didn’t seek the change; ask Treasury. Treasury says it wasn’t us; try Congress. Congressional staffers say the request probably came from the bureaucracy.

“It was a shock,” said Grice, 58. “What incenses me is the way they went about this. They gave me no notice, they can’t prove that I received any overpayment

So the long game is... this will go to court, cost more than saved and then these people will probably get more money back in damages than they ever owed. So complete mission fail.

I think there is just a lot of evil around and these things are created to ultimately end in large amounts of money won in court because of negligence, that that is the plan from the start.

57. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 13:16 HorrorScope

Ok, fine. The fans that keep pouring money into this non-stop are koo-koo to, but then again they probably are filthy rich and money is no object and if the game doesn't happen they'll take the Ferrari out for a spin instead.

But that's what we do here. We get the news, we get some details, run it through the shredder and come up with off the cuff remarks.

To a general gamer is looks like a million dollars for a towel and the next million if could be a million dollars for an outfit. What does a general game outsider supposed to think? We knock EA routinely and they don't even have stuff in this bizarro stratosphere.

But I won't question your extended details, but this is what makes it out to the wild and the comments can be hardly surprising.

"Still I know many of you will remain skeptic and that is good because we should never blindly believe in a for profit company."

Yes to that. Nothing more.

54. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 13:03 HorrorScope

Jamil20 wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 12:06:

Some of the backers are worth mocking. Some of them are spending thousands collecting every ship as if they're playing Pokemon. Put your wallet away, fools. Leave something to work towards in the game.

Wall Street is smiling, this is what they have told the AAA houses for years to do. Sucks that a Kickstarter project has to lead the way in such a shit ploy, you leave that to EA and Activision.

53. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 12:59 HorrorScope

BitWraith wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 11:37:
You guys actually think they are sitting around waiting on money to implement "towels" or "horse armor" or whatever they dream up? They have that crap in the pipeline - they announce it with the money just to keep the game on news sites (like this one).

It's called marketing - and it appears to be working since every one of these that pops up generates 100 pages of bitching.

Yep you're right. If you like the EA (Elec Arts) way of marketing, people laughing at you vs laughing with you.

The most positive spin I have is the artists are sitting their with their thumbs up their bums and want to do something. But to me it's pretty embarrassing even having such trivial choices.

51. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 12:53 HorrorScope

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 11:11:
Lot's of armchair game developers posting in these threads.

15 years strong!

49. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 12:47 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 10:18:
I feel like the guy from Memento in these Star Citizen threads.

LOL

36. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 11:55 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 09:58:
"42M ..... a towel for your hangar"
Sweet

Really you can't make it up. It's like they are mocking backers, but then again I don't nothing of this, other than this time I read the article linked, I see joke items you can vote on for a million. It's like they are laughing at backers with what they list for another million. In my world it is red flag worthy, sorry.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 15, 2014, 11:53 HorrorScope

Task, they then had the meeting and the FBI walked out of that. Producing nothing. Classy.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 14, 2014, 18:03 HorrorScope

So what happened? MSE was becoming to good and the mega-AV companies complained to MS that they are eating huge market share from them at no gain to MS or themselves. So they grease MS a little to then let MSE become inferior?

I also agree that having solid addons to a solid browser is the first thing to take care of. Then the skill of not installing the nearly-hidden addons when you try to install an app you downloaded, can go a long long way.

As another said, I don't even have AV on auto-protect anymore on my home systems. 5 systems and nothing in a long time, the only time anything does happen is when someone oop's on an install and some shit software like ASK or MyWebSearch tries to hijack the browser startup.

But the addons for Firefox keep the shit out, impressively so. Very impressively so.

News Comments > Single-Player Hearthstone Plans
8. Re: Single-Player Hearthstone Plans Apr 14, 2014, 17:55 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 14:00:
For those who may not have seen it yet...Card Hunter. TCG meets classic PnP D&D. Hella fun.

Solid game, coop would be very well rec'd. Quite a bit different than Hearthstone.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
161. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 14, 2014, 13:18 HorrorScope

Drillo wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 22:24:
Its called not knowing what they are talking about in regards to this project and jumping to false ill-informed conclusions and they are projecting passed issues and problems from other games that talked the talk an failed. Onto this project and not giving it a chance in order to suit their jaded.

They could very well be synonymous.

People will judge based on past experiences and in many cases it's wise to do so. Repeating history saying comes to mind.

But about not giving it a chance. It gets a chance with me when it's done and on sale. And I'm not opposed to determining that at the proper time. I don't have to love or hate it now, however I can have an opinion on how they do things and that is all it is.

This game isn't immune to that like any other.

News Comments > Titanfall Expedition DLC Next Month
15. Re: Titanfall Expedition DLC Next Month Apr 14, 2014, 13:10 HorrorScope

BobBob wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 23:04:
If you dust off the ancient history books of FPS, you'll find that a long time ago there were SDKs, map creators, editors, abundant mods, player created communities and player ran game servers. Indeed, it was a golden age.

Lies! All Lies!

3385 Comments. 170 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo