Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5241 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded
13. Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded Jun 16, 2015, 11:32 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 11:24:
No one here has actually played Shenmue, have they?

First (partially) that was enough for me. I believe this also had the tank type controls, turn to face the direction, then move forward. That mechanic was always a killer of fun for me.

Memory is bad venturing controls, snail pace venturing.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2015, 12:16.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded
4. Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded Jun 16, 2015, 10:08 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 09:36:
I have never heard of Shenmue 1 or 2. What is it?

It's a game that was released at a time people were starved for games and anything representing a 3d world with an story attached to it was applauded.

News Comments > Need for Speed in November
2. Re: Need for Speed in November Jun 15, 2015, 19:55 HorrorScope

Does a lifestyle like this actually exist?  

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Announced
28. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Announced Jun 15, 2015, 18:27 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 17:38:
Chu Chu! I'm fucking DOWN for more Mass Effect!

1.5 years away though.

Also, this is a terrible trailer. Country music should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever evereeervevrebvrebrebrebreraegreryg be used for a game trailer. EVER.

I was thinking this was mAss Effect the HBO series.

I take this is Frostbite?

News Comments > Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users
8. Re: Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users Jun 15, 2015, 12:31 HorrorScope

Luke wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 12:25:
SAD SAD SAD for gaming

What's sad about it?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Planned Changes
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Planned Changes Jun 15, 2015, 12:02 HorrorScope

Yeah, I don't see any details in changes other than a new area.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
74. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 11:27 HorrorScope

bigspender wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 05:02:
Brand new engine, featuring the same stiff animations from Morrowind lol.

New updated engine.

News Comments > Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware
9. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 14, 2015, 18:38 HorrorScope

The screen door can also be combated by pixel fill density vs higher rez. The less dead space between pixels removes the screen door. I think that could be what Oculus/Vive are enhancing vs resolution.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 13, 2015, 21:04 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 20:20:
Axis wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 16:19:
The incompetence of the Obama administration is stunning, but not unexpected. But ya, keep focusing on shit that don't matter...

yeh this kinda shit never woulda happened under Bush!

True. They wouldn't know which internets has all the stuff.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer
14. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer Jun 13, 2015, 21:03 HorrorScope

Wow such an amazing effect, how many fps is it going to eat, 15?  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 13, 2015, 11:54 HorrorScope

Every so often I drive by their HQ's always surprised not to see it covered in egg.

MS is doing right imo, they've lost customers to Apple with shitware aggravating common users.

As for the Gov't worker hack, I like how anything else can be deemed "threat to national security" and the drop of a hat and computers at the highest levels just keep getting hacked over and over and this is no threat to national security that they'll make a stand on and do something real about it, if it means going offline on total private network. It's like no matter how much Skynet (internet) can cause grief, there is no questioning it. So I have to assume that is how it ends and future generations will right in their history books how the fall of Western Civilization was due to shared information. Or a good after school movie.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
58. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 23:23 HorrorScope

Sepharo wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 22:06:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 10:14:
PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 01:32:
100x this. I have both a DK1 and DK2. Mouse + Keyboard is a pain in the arse when using them as if you take your hands off the keyboard at any time and lose your position then you end up taking the headset off to relocate them.
A controller is a lot easier and the best of current options available. The STEM stuff looks interesting, but it's while off being finished. Obviously haven't tried the Oculus touch peripheral yet.

Your offhand doesn't have to be a keyboard, it could be like a nostromo. Buy I have to assume many can easily put their hand on WASD blindly and I can't believe much anyone looks at their keys while playing. That said, I haven't tried a Rift with a mouse to know for sure, I just wouldn't have a problem with finding buttons to press, it would be the affect of the device, not the finding of the keys.

I don't have a problem finding my keyboard and mouse while using the Rift. But for some of those VR experiences you want to stand up or look around. When you stand up you just feel like a rock keyboardist and when fully turning around you can't use the keyboard and mouse anymore of course, looking over the shoulder is fine though. So a wireless controller would be better in those situations. Unfortunately, as most of us know here first-person games are better with mouse and keyboard than a thumb stick.

Yes, certainly for the full VR effect you need to use new wireless devices.

56. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 15:02 HorrorScope

saluk wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 14:22:
Turning with the controller doesn't work, but if you have a controller and a swivel chair,

Really, unless their new input system was really ready (which it's not), bundling a controller is the most sensible move. It's not at all surprising. Annoying for those who already have it... you can always sell it.

Swivel Chair, yeah that was good for a laugh!

Sensible move is an option to buy without a controller to me.

51. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 10:15 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 02:25:
Lots of people still on Vista.

Gamer % wise, I'd question that.

50. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 10:14 HorrorScope

PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 01:32:
100x this. I have both a DK1 and DK2. Mouse + Keyboard is a pain in the arse when using them as if you take your hands off the keyboard at any time and lose your position then you end up taking the headset off to relocate them.
A controller is a lot easier and the best of current options available. The STEM stuff looks interesting, but it's while off being finished. Obviously haven't tried the Oculus touch peripheral yet.

Your offhand doesn't have to be a keyboard, it could be like a nostromo. Buy I have to assume many can easily put their hand on WASD blindly and I can't believe much anyone looks at their keys while playing. That said, I haven't tried a Rift with a mouse to know for sure, I just wouldn't have a problem with finding buttons to press, it would be the affect of the device, not the finding of the keys.

We're already going to be more awkward in a full first person 3d world (that I'm willing to accept), if we then have to go to a controller to turn around, that is additional less precision than we have today. If this goes too far into awkwardness/lost precision, then it can be at risk of succeeding. In my world the controller turning around is a big deal today, it still will be a big deal in the future I can assure you.

The full VR affect will be nice, but limited in usage time wise. This thing has to work in a sit-down environment and not feel like you are a crab moving around. LE Stick was cool... until you had to use it to move around.

If I'm pretty much forced into using a controller and it functions relatively as sluggish as it does today in the new VR world, I may not be interested. Yes, I do like the mouse for control that much.

35. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 00:10 HorrorScope

Sepharo wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 21:46:
Looks like quite a few here didn't bother to read the article.
The Rift is only for PC.
Xbox One can stream games to Windows 10.
You can play those streaming Xbox One games on Windows 10 looking through your Rift at a "cinema screen".
It's a gimmick. One that doesn't even necessarily require a partnership or anything. I can already look at anything on my PC screen using my Rift and looking at a virtual "cinema screen".

Right.

Question: Then will we be able to buy a rift without the added cost of a game pad?

Oh and FU to MS, supporting PC... streaming xbone games to pc, pfff... Only MS.

How about you port your few exclusive directly to the PC then we won't have to do this second rate method. Oh yeah that's right, you only talk support.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2015, 00:15.

15. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 11, 2015, 19:57 HorrorScope

First video from link below, if this is what is considered a standard VR experience, then yah good luck. To me it has to work as a sitting unit w/mouse for it to gain the market share. What is shown there could be cool, but wouldn't be something I'd do for long and seems niche out the yang. If there is a woozy factor with sitting and mouse, someone needs to figure it out. I'm not looking for the total sci-fi VR experience, just a really immersive visual.

Whack Control
I hope she doesn't dislocate her elbow...

I laugh a little more inside each day thinking what if Oculus only had the Kickstarter money?

14. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 11, 2015, 19:53 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 19:46:
Win 10 is free only if you're running Win 7 or above.

Oh you mean most everyone that calls pc gaming home.

1. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 11, 2015, 18:46 HorrorScope

I'm going to start leaning Cutter's way if they try to push a fucking gamepad on us, VR or no VR if they don't get the point a lot of people are on a PC for input reasons, I don't know when they will.

So now the costs goes up because they are forcing a xbone pad on you, first I have one, second I don't want another.

I don't want a ms xbone one anything.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 10, 2015, 21:47 HorrorScope

I don't know never tried one and when I do, will that be a good one?  

5241 Comments. 263 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo