Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3713 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 3, 2014, 18:32 HorrorScope

Wow that escalated quickly.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Next Week
6. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Next Week Jul 3, 2014, 16:38 HorrorScope

I just want to say that I have taken your advice, so you do have an affect. I will not buy any of these until a full season is done, been loud and clear on this one many months back.

So Telltale has taken a step towards story/gameplay, now they got to figure out how to release these timely. Perhaps hold back until 3 are done and then do 1 a month and the rest a month after?

News Comments > Sacred 3 Preorders
6. Re: Sacred 3 Preorders Jul 2, 2014, 22:09 HorrorScope

$50 lol, they surely don't read and adjust to the market. Only Blizzard can get away with that for an ARPG. $25 tops imo...  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 2, 2014, 21:11 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:07:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 19:56:
Email details: 9/11 was a hoax.

LOL

I don't get it.

"LOL."

Google, there are several conspiracy stories of Goldman's part in 911, cover up financial issues, warning letters to emps to stay away Monday 9/11, etc.

So there is this email out in the wild and they are desperately trying to renig it from Google. Pandora's Box? Just playin.

News Comments > Star Citizen Monthly Report
22. Re: Star Citizen Monthly Report Jul 2, 2014, 21:05 HorrorScope

McTurbo wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 16:32:
For one of the few times ever players are in the heart of the development cycle of a game. a game being developed by the maker/studio and funded by the players not a publishing house that demands more than their share of profits or demands that you get the game out before its finished.

Actually with Kickstarter and EA, it's becoming very popular and this wasn't the first. If you are into the game it is quite fun watching things develop, so it has some pluses.

The one minus I sort of see with this game is with all this info, if I don't keep up on it (I'm not) am I going to feel like I'm really behind an 8-ball. I get that feeling with MMO's if I haven't played in a long time and there are a ton of patches etc, I feel lost and totally behind, hopelessly behind.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 2, 2014, 19:56 HorrorScope

Email details: 9/11 was a hoax.

LOL

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Comcast raises your electric bill by turning router into a public hotspot. Jul 1, 2014, 19:20 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 12:46:
Even still, I'm hard pressed to believe most of these routers will get even 10 hours a year connected, so, yeah, pennies.

I know two things if I owed them 5 cents balance, they would spend a few dollars a year in postage asking me for my 5 cents and they could very well report me to collections.

Really no one in this capitalistic world can ever say to another "it's only $X, don't worry about it", it imo isn't their decision and any charge is too much.

I play it that way because that is exactly how they play it to me. Goose-Gander.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin
33. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 1, 2014, 16:04 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 10:14:
I really enjoy the combat which is challenging without being stupidly hard but I have many complaints about the rest. The camera in this game is a god damned nightmare, in the way all the fucking time. For an RPG the shoddy writing is surprising, these guys should have hired some proof readers. I've found some of the quest text to be so amateurish that it pulls you right out of the game. Inventory management is pretty annoying as well, the interface feels cobbled together. Is there a way to toggle group/single mode? Having to manually toggle stealth for everyone is pretty dumb. Why is the crafting such a pain in the ass while I'm at it here, I can't believe they thought it was ok to ship with that. The default run speed should have been higher too.

I think it's good but people are going overboard with praise, this has a ton of rough edges.

This is all true. Been reported, they simply must have ran out of time and money. Now it is all about post release support.

20. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jun 30, 2014, 23:51 HorrorScope

Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 21:55:
I've played about an hour, and it really scratches that old-school RPG itch. It feels a bit rough around the edges (the camera is awkward and the way it clips to provide visuals is annoying), but the basics seem solid. I'm not sure about the combat/magic system yet, but tht's only because I'm not very far in. We'll see how it goes...

If you like a lot of options, there is no better.

Also it may help if you don't know, there is a staight up and down view that helps sometimes when trying to click something that is hard to get at isometrically. You can also flip a switch in the Game Settings menu to rotate a full 360.

19. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jun 30, 2014, 23:48 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 21:50:
Game rocks.

Melee gets much stronger later on.

Anyone can use the specialty arrows, you can make a real nice hybrid ranger. I do Ranger/Mage after having put about 40 hours into the beta pretty much just testing character combos...

Yep, I give Madora one point of Dex and then she can use a Bow and then depending on the situation, since this has terrain effects, you can't get in there safely melee wise, you can have her use Specialty Arrows like she's a mage.

The melee is fine if you can get in there. But there are ways to really crowd control mobs in this game and you don't want your melees in the middle of that shit storm.

18. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jun 30, 2014, 23:47 HorrorScope

Julio wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 21:55:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 18:34:
Did you have the Kickstarter through them? I'm hearing it will be like August before it shows up in GOG as they are awaiting their new Feature App at GOG to be completed first.

They said it should be up on GOG tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if Steam gave some cash to be a day earlier.

Edit: Nevermind, it's up on GOG now for backers.

Right, but not being a backer it won't be onsale at GOG until the end of August, just making note. This also is a Steam game that doesn't have steam DRM in it. You can run it straight from the folder with Steam off.

EDIT: Now we are hearing it will be for sale prior to the Galaxy upgrade to GOG for non-backers. So this one has gone back and forth.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2014, 23:56.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail
29. Re: Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail Jun 30, 2014, 18:39 HorrorScope

Box Copy? They can make money at that?  

2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jun 30, 2014, 18:34 HorrorScope

ldonyo wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 18:29:
I'm waiting for the release on GOG.com.

Did you have the Kickstarter through them? I'm hearing it will be like August before it shows up in GOG as they are awaiting their new Feature App at GOG to be completed first.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 30, 2014, 16:43 HorrorScope

And one wonders why people hate america. These new restrictions will be put through if not now, it time. The corps have eternity and they'll just stay at it until they get it.

Then when they do it, it influences the rest of the world and tracking it all back to the source would then be another American restriction, one again of control.

News Comments > H1Z1 Blog
5. Re: H1Z1 Blog Jun 29, 2014, 21:56 HorrorScope

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 21:36:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 19:28:
Are there any zombie standalone games that AREN'T in alpha status, or complete crap?

I've been having fun with State of Decay since I picked it up for $5 on the Steam Summer Sale.

For SP SOD is a lot of fun. Weren't we supposed to have H1Z1 in our hands by now?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 29, 2014, 19:00 HorrorScope

ViRGE wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 18:54:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 16:53:
Hey Blue, I think there's a typo in this list. It's inconceivable that Skyrim isn't #1.

In all seriousness, how can someone not own Skyrim at this point? It sold so many copies that I don't understand where the additional sales come from.

Seems that way, but Skyrim has sold 5 million'ish on the PC.

Steam right now has 8 millon playing and over 60 million users.

So hopefully that puts it into perspective.

What I get and have sorta figured, because you are #1 on Steam for a week, it doesn't mean there was a Hot Game that week.

FWIW I don't have Skyrim on my account, use sons for it. I have thought about buying it just for mine, but I don't really know why I would have to.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 29, 2014, 14:31 HorrorScope

What is Wasteland 2 going to retail for on release?  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 29, 2014, 13:34 HorrorScope

$0 as it sits.

$? if new offerings are worth it.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit
26. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 29, 2014, 13:17 HorrorScope

It's $16 for the release version, the link:

http://www.lordsofxulima.com/pre-order/

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
47. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 29, 2014, 11:35 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 00:05:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 23:35:
Wallshadows wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 22:47:
I was wondering today what would happen if scholars unearthed ancient scripture written by someone in the Bible that the Apostles jerked each other off as Jesus watched just to pass time. Would they accept it or would they conveniently ignore it like much of the book they thump as fact.

Those chapters never make it to the public, like the one he was a coke dealer.

Or even the more plausible ones like that Jesus was probably married.

Oh fuck that's even worse, no wonder they burn and bury evidence.

3713 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo