Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3748 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 19, 2014, 11:19 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 21:03:
So glad I don't have Comcast here. What an awful company.

Even though we all know this shit happens, I do like people coming forth and keeping in fresh. This is basically how we are treating ourselves, if there is a long constant stream, perhaps there is a glimmer of hope for some change.

It's a shit job.
It's shit support.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 10:31 HorrorScope

Steele Johnson wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 07:53:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 10:29:
Cloud era? Nobody I know would ever put anything worth a damn in a US company cloud...

You are clearly out of touch.

Also, you think your data is safe because you host your own servers? LOL! Talk about being naive.

Then why is everyone wasting any time and money on security?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 17, 2014, 22:03 HorrorScope

I got a blackberry still, there are zero apps targeting me.  

News Comments > Sacred 3 CGI Competitive Co-op Trailer
3. Re: Sacred 3 CGI Competitive Co-op Trailer Jul 17, 2014, 21:46 HorrorScope

Is it down to $20 yet?  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
25. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam Jul 17, 2014, 21:44 HorrorScope

It's a bad game that could have been even worse. For every bug in the game and questionable design choice, it could have had more bugs and even more questionable design choices.  

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 17, 2014, 13:48 HorrorScope

Before cloud there was certainly redundant clustered servers. I agree it is more today than then, but that was inevitable, there will always be more tomorrow. Many .com's had all of this that predated the word cloud.  

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 17, 2014, 13:04 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 11:28:
when I read things like this, I get the impression that most people don't have a clue what the hell the "cloud" is and how it is basically the entire internet at this point.

Right they renamed the same thing we had.

Internet
Online Servers
Information Super Highway - Remember that one?
Cloud

Just a way of sounding like you have something new. Now are there new apps and strategies? Yes. But it is still online servers.

What I read is MS is focusing on Online Apps, put cloud in there so hopefully some idiot investor gets excited. Online apps... amazing new stuff.

9. Re: Op Ed Jul 17, 2014, 12:56 HorrorScope

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 12:02:
Yes yes, anything but a bad economy, huh? Cuts here, layoffs there all because of Bush and the republicans (sarcasm). lol

No need for sarcasm.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 17, 2014, 10:46 HorrorScope

Camera's are all over, there is no stopping this. They will be everywhere in due time.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 15, 2014, 21:14 HorrorScope

The comcast all, man if that hasn't been happening many places now for about 15-20 years. It is ridiculous that you just can't quit without any lip. I've had this call a few times in my day and always go in prepared that it is going to go like that.  

News Comments > Gigantic Announced
3. Re: Gigantic Announced Jul 15, 2014, 21:07 HorrorScope

Rule 4: "You're too fucking late to the party you unoriginal bastards." - Tollbooth Willie  

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 14, 2014, 22:06 HorrorScope

Well it is never for one person to decide, the market will speak. I'm sure I can find you a person that doesn't like smart phones or didn't like cars. It's change and he is simply showing the shades of someone not liking change for whatever reason, that is not new.

I put robots taking more jobs in the near future as a bleaker glimpse of what could be coming.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Director Forms New Studio
1. Re: PAYDAY 2 Director Forms New Studio Jul 14, 2014, 19:31 HorrorScope

He's making a zombie survival game. buwahahahaha  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 14, 2014, 11:23 HorrorScope

Ridiculous combo in that survey, people with landlines drink and smoke less. As if Landlines or Cell Phones have anything to do with it. It's more older people vs younger people, younger people tend to drink and smoke more, news at 11.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 12, 2014, 18:45 HorrorScope

I don't mind X Box fans, I just don't like the bone.

Bungie pussy footed around. They were paid by Sony to have a year long exclusive, it has nothing to do with hate, just business. That said, I hope Boner's stand up to this shit and don't buy it, hope Sony paid a lot to make up for it. Since they fucked the PC users again...

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
39. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 12, 2014, 18:38 HorrorScope

If you play all combat in tactical mode, your life may end before you finish the game.

One thing I don't like is the end of this movie. You are in a fight, you play it out, win and then in a cutscene they take your Ranger kill her or take her hostage doesn't matter how you play, the game just gives you a big finger.

Also love games where you can heal, rez at will and then a cutscene comes along, a person takes a blow that kills them and I can't do anything about it. First I've seen them take worst all the time in battle, second I can heal or rez any other time dying or dead players. But they die this way and all of a sudden I have amnesia and can't do fuck to save them.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 11, 2014, 13:20 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 10:51:
Isnt the definition of a whistleblower someone who comes forward out of a moral obligation to reveal some secret to the general public?

As far as I can see from this case, no one has really come forward and the information about the new NSA security measuers seems to stem from the German security services, so Id say this isnt so much a whistleblower, more like double agent

Right, they are describing a leak.

The Whistleblowers are all dead.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 13:18 HorrorScope

Even if they are right... the bottom line is the HW isn't up to Next Gen levels to what we've grown accustomed to. PS4 probably the same argument can be made, just not as strongly.

You sauce is weak MS.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
32. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 21:40 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 15:23:
Exactly. Unlike Skyrim it won't be moddable so what good is it?

Well if Skyrim could do some basics better it wouldn't have to be modded as much. Now DA was moddable, it has party members better than a companion mod in Skryrim. I have to assume the UI is better than skyrim, good chance even after mods. It can do pause base, I don't think there is a skyrim mod for that. You can program your companions intricately (assuming that is still in the game from 1 and 2), Skyrim mods have nothing here.

Battle system looks more in depth.

There are many things that could be better here with or without skyrim mods.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 8, 2014, 20:42 HorrorScope

This was mentioned a year ago it was coming. The next articles then were if you can have robots in China, robots are just as cheap in America as they are in China, you can save $$$ now not shipping product half way around the world. The bottom line is when robots make a strong push in this manner, many companies will start coming back to America to save on shipping. So you may want to get into robotics.

Another article then came out Google forsee's a war for jobs between human and robots happening and hopes humans win. But then following Google's plans, purchases and comments, they are at the forefront of getting robotics to work.

I'm all ok with this if they then take care of all those people out of work, who can't get work because robots are doing the job. Do we just relax and get provisions sent our way? Or is this when some NWO directives kick in where it is rumored they see/want a 500 million planet population?

I know the ending here is conspiracy theory stuff, but if/when robots make a huge push into taking over jobs, what are we going to do with everyone?

3748 Comments. 188 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo