Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3005 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter
13. Re: Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter Feb 11, 2014, 12:29 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 12:14:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 11:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 11:03:
Can I just say that whenever I read "dungeon...." of any kind in a news post here on blues I secretly hope someone makes a REAL dungeon keeper sequel? Not in name, but a clear cut evolution of gameplay, for a mature audience with extremely dark humor?

And no, that 1 remake does not seem like it will be that. Looks too cartoony, too childish. DK2 was already tending too far into the "cute and happy" area. Compared to DK1 anyway.

Have we given up on War for the Overworld?

The name of the game sums it up no? Overworld... bleh! I want to build DUNGEONS

Have you even looked at it? They'll probably be sued by EA for blatant copying.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
32. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 11, 2014, 11:32 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 03:38:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:52:
Satan - "You will all die now!"

People - "Well at least he's honest"

lol

Thats a bullshit argument and you know it. Comparing death by Satan (what?) to a PR statement

Settle down John. Just making a funny with the "Well at least he's honest" remarks. If someone gets offended by that, good luck in life. By the way I have a comedians card, figured only an idiot wouldn't have one, this way I don't have to be politically correct. How everyone in media doesn't have on, I'll never know.

News Comments > Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter
7. Re: Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter Feb 11, 2014, 11:13 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 11:03:
Can I just say that whenever I read "dungeon...." of any kind in a news post here on blues I secretly hope someone makes a REAL dungeon keeper sequel? Not in name, but a clear cut evolution of gameplay, for a mature audience with extremely dark humor?

And no, that 1 remake does not seem like it will be that. Looks too cartoony, too childish. DK2 was already tending too far into the "cute and happy" area. Compared to DK1 anyway.

Have we given up on War for the Overworld?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 11, 2014, 11:10 HorrorScope

Some of my favorite comments from the AOL article:

1. Instead of whining about Armstrong's insensitive gaffe Deanna Fei (The mother of one of the distressed babies) should have thanked him for shelling out $1 Mil for her medical care. She is, no doubt, a dimocrap and member of the Offended Americans Club.

2. I agree, Deanna Fei should have kissed Armstrongs feet to thank him for that million dollars........ people now days feel over entitled.

These two, in some way you want to sort of wish upon these two a little hardship, obviously they have never been hit by something devastating like this. AND then the constant usage of ENTITLEMENT word on the internet. Having insurance cannot be part of this entitlement dillio, it's insurance the whole purpose it to cover things like this. There are idiots out there that want to consider any beneficial plan an entitlement as if we are only entitled to bad things.

Dimocrap? So republicans with sick babies reject the insurance money? Yeah right.

3. Companies carry separate insurance policies to protect themselves from unforeseen health insurance claims. Maybe AOL opted for a policy with a deductible over $2 million, either way it was just an excuse. Be a man and say: " I'm changing the policy because it is best for company profits and shareholders period " Nobody believes that companies care what their employees need anyway.

I feel this is more accurate. They are using it as an excuse to do additional corporate cuts, most likely linked to a larger bonus to the CEO as a result. A company their size has protections in place.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 10, 2014, 19:43 HorrorScope

Japan tech is for people with poor sense of smell.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
40. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2014, 18:32 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 16:42:
However, what they didn't use were machines to artificially alive when they were clearly meant to die.

I'm actually one of those babies where without a machine I would have died. So every piss ass comment you get from me. Every time I feel bad. Feel like I let people down. Feels like the world is fucked and all that stuff. I just think to myself, I wasn't even supposed to be here, you bastards let me live when I was supposed to die and well since religion lives in fantasyland, I would have went to that most wonderful special version of heaven where dead babies go instantly. So not only was I deprived of that, now when I die I have to prove my worth at the pearly gates and at best go to the second rate adults version of heaven.

Now good news to the tax payer on my behalf, medical costs were so much lower then vs today. That's the real crime the costs of these tools and procedures.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
31. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 10, 2014, 18:24 HorrorScope

SlimRam wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 18:01:
Awesome, well this honestly was the only fucking MMORPG that I've ever given a shit about. I have loved Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim with all my heart, they were without a doubt my most favorite games ever! For some stupid, fucking ridiculous reason I was hoping this game was actually going to be good? The Elder Scrolls games are a proven formula for a game that actually works! HOW the fucking hell are these developers not able to use this to make a online game that's awesome? Please tell me, is it that much of a stretch to put this universe into an MMO successfully? Well NIN said it best and most simple; I simply haven't heard anything good about this game. Either way, I seriously believe it's going to be a very long time before I give one shit about any other MMO. Honestly, I'm heartbroken and I feel like I'm going to VOMIT. Fuck it either way, this is the last time I will ever comment on this game again. Ever.

If you love everything about ES, there are 1000's of people that love ESO, now there maybe 10,000 who don't. But the point is, there are many people that are head over heels about this, you maybe to with your love of all ES.

News Comments > Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 Demo; Free DLC Plans
14. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 Demo; Free DLC Plans Feb 10, 2014, 17:56 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 16:32:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 11:42:
Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 11:38:
They should have made a game based on Charles Bronson's The Mechanic. Guaranteed to have sold much better.

Is this Jekyll or Hyde posting? I say that because in one post you are tired of the same thing over and over. And then you bag on this, how many of these do we have? Not many. So you want them to make another FPS killer, yeah that's original, no? And you are a Snuggle Truck fan to, so making any kind of flap over this is double puzzling.

Wtf is wrong with Snuggle Truck or Charles Bronson? Quit your fucking trolling all the time. You don't have to be an asshole every day of your life.

LOL takes one to know one dude. I'm just saying you think there are too many of one kind of game and this is at least not over saturated and you want to make it like every other game. Go play your point and click Telltale games snuggle truck lover.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
23. Re: obvious Feb 10, 2014, 13:12 HorrorScope

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:48:
Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:04:
Right, because no one ever engages in drama for marketing purposes.

So cynical. On the other hand if there's one thing that reigns king within all living things, it's self-interest.

He is, but he maybe right to.

This goes hand in hand with trust.

How many times is it ok to lie to someone before they should start questioning if you are telling them the truth? I'm looking squarely at you gov't.

It's hard to rally people anymore because we know and they know they have and know we know they have. It creates quite the mess. Really Gov't 2.0 is pretty much needed now.

32. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2014, 13:08 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 13:03:
Also, keep in mind that this didn't cost AOL $1 million (I don't think.) It cost their insurance company that much. A company that exists solely for this reason.

Lol, they are probably self-insured. A lot of companies are and use that against you as well. "You know as a company we are self insured and such we have to pay it". That is when in my head I go Clint Eastwood on them and say to myself "Well then maybe we shouldn't be self-insured".

They say it as if they have to be self insured, if it's a problem then don't be self insured and use real big-boy insurance, mkay!

31. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2014, 13:04 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:37:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:21:
Which most financial advisors will tell you don't put all your money streams into your employer, paycheck and investments. You'd think that employees couldn't do that just to keep them safe and companies honest. But no, my company pushes their stock on their employees. I say no, even tough last year it was a monster and would have been a smart move for at least that year, but overall it is too risky.
Yeah, it really depends on the specific situation. For instance, I max out my 401k contributions, but none of the money is invested in my company except as part of my investment in a S&P 500 fund. However, my company also offers an ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan). You put anywhere from $10 to $1000 per month into an account and every six months they use whatever is in the account to purchase company stock in your name at 15% under the lower of the prices from the start of the period or the end of the period. Which is a total win. Even if the stock price is going down, you can simply sell the shares the day after they are purchased and you immediately make 15% on your money.

The Dec. 31st purchase represented an immediate 40% gain -- the stock was up 25% from mid year. So, even though it's now down 15% in the last month, I really don't care too much.

Yeah we are pretty much mirroring. S&P has been a great place to be. My company it's a 5% off stock offering, 15% does make it more tempting.

Maxx yep to everything you stated.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
18. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 10, 2014, 12:53 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:07:
It's a console game. And it not only doesn't move forward

That is its step forward. It's on consoles. To console only people, this will all be brand new.

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
25. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 12:52 HorrorScope

Satan - "You will all die now!"

People - "Well at least he's honest"

lol

26. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2014, 12:32 HorrorScope

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:28:
It's privacy versus linear logic.

Is a baby worth a million dollars? In raw terms, no. What it if were Einstein? Maybe so. How can we know?

Hey if you are going to say it like that then I have to put in the other part of the equation... compassion. That plays the biggest role. It's not if the baby is going to make the million back, it's the human race being better than that more than anything else.

I've often wondered what a life should be worth monetary wise. In the US I put that at 100K times years of life expectancy. So around say 7.5 million dollars. What I'm getting at here, for everyone 7.5 million one steals in various way, that is like killing someone and your penalties are looked at as the same. It's the only way to curb white collar crime. Right now they can steal billions, affect so many lives negatively and virtually walk free or server small sentences (be pardoned by officials). You steal billions, that is mass-murder levels, no way you ever see freedom again.

25. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2014, 12:30 HorrorScope

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:18:
nin wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:13:
Wow.

I didn't mean it in a shocking way. I meant it as a statement of fact in a semi-sarcastic tone. Just read the article and you'll see what a major fiscal force thinks about paying for a million dollar baby...it's relevant.

Yeah it's messed up because he doesn't get it. The point is basically anyone in the US at any moment can get stuck in a multi-million dollar medical situation. Insurance is all about covering such things, it's the reason it exists.

So the point for him to get in his head is a % will have that problem but it is planned out as such. Doesn't matter who because for our lack of better understanding it is random as can be.

If he doesn't like it, perhaps plastic surgery and some black market work and he can get Chinese citizenship and then he won't have to worry about others random medical issues, no rights for you.

23. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2014, 12:26 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 11:59:
Sorry, my own company isn't doing so hot these days, and when I read stuff about "COMPANY X IS DOING Y TO 401(k)!" I tend to go "OH SHIIIIIT!"

This is reality. When you hear a fairly large company doing something shitty, give it a few years and you'll be in the same boat. And face it we no longer want those company emails being sent to us, I can't tell you the last time it was for a perk. It's been at least 6 years since we had a perk. Everything since has been a cut to some level. Fucking sucks.

22. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2014, 12:21 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 11:50:
Part of what happened at Enron was employees were encouraged to put their 401k money into Enron stock. A standard investment ideal is you should never have more than 5% of your portfolio in a single company. But many employees either didn't know that, or ignored it and put most or all of their 401k investments into Enron stock. Which worked well in the beginning.. but was disastrous at the end.

Which most financial advisors will tell you don't put all your money streams into your employer, paycheck and investments. You'd think that employees couldn't do that just to keep them safe and companies honest. But no, my company pushes their stock on their employees. I say no, even tough last year it was a monster and would have been a smart move for at least that year, but overall it is too risky. And well since I can't trust them on their Health Care hike reasoning...

But that is a great point to Creston's question. Yes if you have all your stock in AOL and they went belly up, that would indeed affect your 401K in a devastating way, but that isn't what the CEO was suggesting. I answered in a more general, typical way. Most people don't do much work to their 401K's meaning they are put in a rounded portfolio based on the year they would retire and leave it. I don't really recommend that either. S&P over the past few years was a good fund to be in...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 10, 2014, 11:57 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 22:52:
The reason DayZ doesn't have much in the way ofzombies going on right now is they're still working out object optimizations. Right now they would have to cut down the amount of loot on the ground in order to have more zombies, but that would just make things worse because they don't have item respawning working yet. They've talked about their plans to put in a lot more zombies than the mod, including giant roaming packs, as well as different types. They already have military zombies that are tougher than normal ones, for example.

Got it. I see what happens here though, they EA a game and the final will be a lot different. A lot meaning the focus of the game today will not be the same later, which will piss people off. For their sake they'll have a lot of toggles for various things on the servers.

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2014, 11:48 HorrorScope

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 11:42:
Wait... there is still an AOL? That should be the real headline here.

Earthlink, Prodigy, etc. probably wish they had distressed babies to deal with.

Still a couple/few billion a year, stock near $50, growing again... Yeah something you wouldn't think.

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 10, 2014, 11:45 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 11:28:
he's talking about changes to their future benefits under the 401(k), right? So they'd change like the amount they match, or the percentage that they'll match?

There's no way for them to grab back money that is already IN your own 401(k)? (I hope.)

Then again, isn't that what happened at Enron?

He would be talking about company contributions, they can't touch what they have vested so far and this isn't what happened at Enron.

3005 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo