Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3706 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 7, 2014, 11:20 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 03:43:
Axis wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 21:44:
Looks like Cutter got to the part where he actually needs to think about encounters. This, assuming he actually thought about his character builds. And since he didn't go lonewolf, this also assumes he has enlisted the two henchmen which makes encounters pretty easy.

Bit too much thinking for him, looks like he's screwed. We'll hear nothing but bitching from him from here on out... not that that's unusual.

Thats really unfair Axis. THe game is HARD. HARD as fuck. I hired the two mercs (are they Mercs? We are talking about Jahan and that crazy warrior mage lady right?), solved Jake's murder and proceded to the hideout. Im lvl 3. Cant get past the second undead army (I dont know what else to call it). Three undead archers, undead priest, and 6 undead swordsmen. I reloaded that encounter like 20 times. The fucking undead priest keeps bringing back the guys I strike down. If I go for him, the archers use fire and ice arrows to destroy my party. At this point Im about to reroll my chars so I can POWERGAME because fuck it there is no way to proceed....

Here is the typical user exp so far for D:OS.

Game has no pointers on where to go, all systems are new.

You get your ass handed to you.

You get mad.

You quit or learn at this point.

If you press on, you know to look at mob-level before getting too close. You get better each fight, you get more skills as you level. In a little while you're smearing the game because there are so many killer options on "how do I want to fuck with the AI this time?".

From my exp is was just that, but I wouldn't be so self-centered to think that would be for most. It is from reading many posts from others on what happened to them. It's a very common theme.

Tips: Stay in town and do as much as you can there, under-town to. Then go out the west gate to the light house, from there you'll learn all the ropes well enough and can manage from there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 6, 2014, 21:53 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 21:44:
Looks like Cutter got to the part where he actually needs to think about encounters. This, assuming he actually thought about his character builds. And since he didn't go lonewolf, this also assumes he has enlisted the two henchmen which makes encounters pretty easy.

Bit too much thinking for him, looks like he's screwed. We'll hear nothing but bitching from him from here on out... not that that's unusual.

He liked it for 15 minutes so that is as good as an endorsement as one can get! He's the "Mikey" of video games.

Axis, as much as I like it, there is no doubt it will still become much better as they polish this up. Even with the delays there was still a rush part about it, but they pretty much had to. What is cool is even as is, it is better than most and for the style of game it is, there isn't even any competition at this time.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
46. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 6, 2014, 14:13 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 12:33:
Haha ya we used to joke in the global chat that e never slept - he was literally always on answering peoples questions - one of the best communicators for Larian (or any company) I've seen in a long while.

Outside of games that is how a lot of upstarts are really making their name with Grade A support, they have realizes the big corps have reduced support to basically "You have to use us, so in that case we really don't need support, because... you have to use us".

So they come in to market and just wipe the floor vs the establishment. LOVE IT!

Support is a great way to build a community and retain customers. It's those at the top only driven by shareholders that mess this shit up.

45. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 6, 2014, 14:10 HorrorScope

WaltC wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 11:20:
They've got this fellow who goes by the handle of "Raze" who is a literal font of help and info for their various games, and in far more forums than just Larian's. They should give the guy a medal, or something, because I can't recall another game company employee providing so much help to people. He's still helping out folks running Divine Divinity in the Gog forums! Wish all game companies would follow Larian's sterling example.

OTOH, there are publishers like Ubisoft whose game devs seem to think they are above helping out the people who play their games--I recently finished M&MX, and you could jump up and down and scream and yell, ask sincere questions, it didn't matter--the M&MX game devs couldn't be bothered with actually taking part in Ubisoft's own M&MX forum!

For sure. Raze I believe started as just a poster, but they liked him so much they hired him for as you say stellar community support. Where the dumb ass corporate world ass-wipes they put someone in there that is nothing more than a monitor and instead of helping they just monitor. STUPID ASS FUCKS! Probably some lawyer said "Well if they say something wrong, we could be sued for all our lucky charms".

While Larian in a way says F-That, lets have awesome support right in the forums, because why the hell not? Who else has been sued over a wrong answer in game support? No one. Ok lets do it.

25. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 17:49 HorrorScope

Optional Nickname! wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 17:26:
GOG reports it as 'coming soon'.

Also, the fact that it is turn based, but the screenshots heavily imply otherwise is curious. Only that it is in the turn-based games category lets you know what type of game it is.

Especially when the first Divine Divinity isn't turn based and you are just as likely not to search GOG for turn-based but instead by the title or other category.

Or the first paragraph in the games description:

About the Game
Gather your party and get ready for a new, back-to-the-roots RPG adventure! Discuss your decisions with companions; fight foes in turn-based combat; explore an open world and interact with everything and everyone you see. Join up with a friend to play online in co-op and make your own adventures with the powerful RPG toolkit.

21. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 16:53 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 16:33:
I'm liking the game but the UI could use some work.

1) There's no hotkey for "Take All."
2) The container window doesn't automatically close when you click the Take All button or walk away.
3) You can sort your inventory using filters but those get reset whenever you close your inventory window, forcing you to redo the filter every time.
4) Crafting requires that you combine things that aren't always in the same item category (like weapons and ingredients), forcing you to use the General window that shows every item in your inventory.
5) You can't resize the inventory window.
6) There's no Auto-Arrange button to rearrange your items when you've removed one.
7) Your companions each have their own individual money and key inventories.
8) When bartering, your offers get reset when you switch between characters.
9) There's no hotkey for switching between ranged and melee weapons, forcing you to use up two slots in your hotbar.
10) You can't adjust the width of your hotbar.

It's weird that none of these issues were addressed during the game's Early Access period. Surely people complained about them?

You only scratched the surface of the UI thread from beta. 1 and 2 actually do exist now. Seems like there should be a lot of quick hitters for them, but there was a point they pretty much said "no more features" so they could release. They programmed right up and through release. We are hoping for a good size UI polish patch soon'ish.

12. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 14:56 HorrorScope

BG. This is not an ARPG.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 5, 2014, 13:51 HorrorScope

Not sure why they are struggling, it's a nuisance and people are using them as peeping toms on top of it.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer
8. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 13:59 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 13:29:
Beelzebud wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 13:16:
Next Gen is a meaningless phrase.
Oh no no no, next gen is a very meaningful phrase my friend.
It means many or all of the things below:

-Day 1 DLC
-Season Pass
-$60 base game
-preorder for "limited edition" (while supplies last)
-low graphical fidelity for the PC port so the "next gen" consoles can run the game at 30fps
-optional mouse and keyboard support
-FOV=55
-quick time (button mashing) action sequences
-press A to start
-always online

I am sure there are plenty more "next-gen" game features in AAA titles these days, but you get the idea.
See Watch Doge from Ubisoft for a recent example of a "next gen" title

A lot of that sounds last gen to.

New gen to me means we'll be using 4 gigs + of memory on our PC. Now if we can tell the difference or not, a whole 'nother question.

News Comments > Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard
16. Re: Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard Jul 3, 2014, 22:55 HorrorScope

ShakaUVM wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 22:11:
"The Blizzard community is ultimately the reason why we come to work every day"

LOL. If this was true, they'd have all quit by now. The Blizzard community is a cesspit.

He meant their money is the reason.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 3, 2014, 21:27 HorrorScope

Same issue a lot of mmo's have in terms of if it isn't good at release and 3 years later perhaps it is (really isn't but work with me) no one would even care. Well unless the game is Diablo 3, it gets a couple years and about 10 tries at it and people still care.

I only have one game not get out of EA and that is 7 Days to Die, I expect it, this one just will take time, already got my money, but the point of fracturing and by the time it releases... Will I be there? I think I will, but maybe not.

If you think their main point, the last 2/3's of the video is a deal, then I suggest only EAing Single Player games if anything. I still like EA in general, I'm pretty picky, always looking for the gotcha, I had success with it.

News Comments > Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard
8. Re: Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard Jul 3, 2014, 20:37 HorrorScope

Reboot a real blizzard, it has been done probably about 15 times now, some with more success than others.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 3, 2014, 19:21 HorrorScope

Haven't read article but reminds me...

Leaving a cub scout meeting once, Sherrif's boy is in it. He hits another lady's car leaving the parking lot, smashing headlight and a little more damage to that area.

He stops and looks to see if anyone saw him, he didn't see them and left. We call to report it, my car was hit in the parking lot... OK... Do you know who hit it did you get a plate. Yeah... it was the Sheriff. Silence for a good moment, then another officer comes on the phone, "I'll come down" did everything he could to bury it. The Sheriff was too embarrassed to come back, he used every excuse.

KWALITY! Coward. No better then those he puts behind bars.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 3, 2014, 18:32 HorrorScope

Wow that escalated quickly.  

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Next Week
6. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Next Week Jul 3, 2014, 16:38 HorrorScope

I just want to say that I have taken your advice, so you do have an affect. I will not buy any of these until a full season is done, been loud and clear on this one many months back.

So Telltale has taken a step towards story/gameplay, now they got to figure out how to release these timely. Perhaps hold back until 3 are done and then do 1 a month and the rest a month after?

News Comments > Sacred 3 Preorders
6. Re: Sacred 3 Preorders Jul 2, 2014, 22:09 HorrorScope

$50 lol, they surely don't read and adjust to the market. Only Blizzard can get away with that for an ARPG. $25 tops imo...  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 2, 2014, 21:11 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:07:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 19:56:
Email details: 9/11 was a hoax.

LOL

I don't get it.

"LOL."

Google, there are several conspiracy stories of Goldman's part in 911, cover up financial issues, warning letters to emps to stay away Monday 9/11, etc.

So there is this email out in the wild and they are desperately trying to renig it from Google. Pandora's Box? Just playin.

News Comments > Star Citizen Monthly Report
22. Re: Star Citizen Monthly Report Jul 2, 2014, 21:05 HorrorScope

McTurbo wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 16:32:
For one of the few times ever players are in the heart of the development cycle of a game. a game being developed by the maker/studio and funded by the players not a publishing house that demands more than their share of profits or demands that you get the game out before its finished.

Actually with Kickstarter and EA, it's becoming very popular and this wasn't the first. If you are into the game it is quite fun watching things develop, so it has some pluses.

The one minus I sort of see with this game is with all this info, if I don't keep up on it (I'm not) am I going to feel like I'm really behind an 8-ball. I get that feeling with MMO's if I haven't played in a long time and there are a ton of patches etc, I feel lost and totally behind, hopelessly behind.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 2, 2014, 19:56 HorrorScope

Email details: 9/11 was a hoax.

LOL

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Comcast raises your electric bill by turning router into a public hotspot. Jul 1, 2014, 19:20 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 12:46:
Even still, I'm hard pressed to believe most of these routers will get even 10 hours a year connected, so, yeah, pennies.

I know two things if I owed them 5 cents balance, they would spend a few dollars a year in postage asking me for my 5 cents and they could very well report me to collections.

Really no one in this capitalistic world can ever say to another "it's only $X, don't worry about it", it imo isn't their decision and any charge is too much.

I play it that way because that is exactly how they play it to me. Goose-Gander.

3706 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo