Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4437 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2015, 11:33 HorrorScope

"But if one Justice had voted with her personal feelings rather than with her understanding of the law, things might have gone very differently."

You could say that about a lot of things. If only I were king...

I get it, it is a struggle, but that is part of understanding her position and why things make it to them. These aren't black and white overall, you need to understand you can OK something but not be totally satisfied doing so. Nature of the beast, so many sayings could be used to what she if feeling, sort of understood, so don't get to deep about things that are known going into the job.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 6, 2015, 11:17 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 19:23:
Hands-on with the LG G Flex 2—another inexplicably curved smartphone.

Not sure why it's inexplicable. Our faces and bodies are curved. A curved phone better fits our natural contours.

To me perhaps as a phone it works better for everything else I don't see a beni. I don't get the curved tv's either. I would get the curved monitors if they actually wrapped around your head and your head was inside the curve. Otherwise, nope don't get it.

News Comments > Steam Beta Adds FPS Counter
2. Re: Steam Beta Adds FPS Counter Jan 5, 2015, 15:56 HorrorScope

That said... where's my date/time stamp on downloads and keep a history on it beyond restarting Steam and all gone.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Oklahoma texting while driving Jan 5, 2015, 12:26 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 11:05:
Even so, roughly 99% of all the tardbillies in this state drive with a fucking cellphone either stuck to their heads or between their knees or where-the-fuck-ever, so maybe this will at least cut it down a little bit.

Like every state and well outside of just billies.

IMO yes texting is asking for it. Talking imo isn't, there are many things I can do legally in a car that is as or even more distracting than talking on a cell phone and driving. To me Ez Pz, keeps me more awake sometimes as well.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up
6. Re: Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up Jan 5, 2015, 11:21 HorrorScope

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 10:20:
That's actually my biggest concern for SC is hacking/economy bugs/hacks. As good as a game is, the cheaters always ruin it for me.

That is one of two reasons I love player run servers. In this case I can limit who can join and it won't be cheaters. SC you know it... they have promised us that to! Love those guys!

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
73. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 4, 2015, 23:17 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 19:36:
I better or else Chris Roberts is dead to me and I will make it my mission to flame everything he ever done past, present and future. Not to mention that I may seek a class action lawsuit against him if he doesn't deliver. According to Kickstarter the game was promised November 2014.

This is why this is going to be epic shit. It goes one way we have best ever. If it goes the other way, Derek Smart and Duke are no longer the biggest busts ever, the venom will be staggering.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 4, 2015, 23:10 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 21:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 21:28:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 21:24:
But Valve getting a heafty cut of every game sold? Hardly, they're one of if not the lowest in terms of cuts on every game sold in all the distribution services.

30% to me is healthy enough when you have the largest share.

That also covers payment/billing, file hosting/bandwidth, patching, and matchmaking.

Yep, got it. Also covers HL3 development.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 4, 2015, 21:28 HorrorScope

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 21:24:
But Valve getting a heafty cut of every game sold? Hardly, they're one of if not the lowest in terms of cuts on every game sold in all the distribution services.

30% to me is healthy enough when you have the largest share.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 4, 2015, 15:36 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 15:02:
They're approaching 3 million copies sold, as per their website:

http://www.dayz.com/

Right, so all those times on Steam's top 10, a healthy 3 million. But there are still many more people than not on the sidelines still, me included. It seems it could be on the list all year and be talking about 4 million sold next year.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 4, 2015, 14:02 HorrorScope

garrywong wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 13:23:
I don't understand. How are people STILL BUYING DayZ EVERY WEEK?!
Are they constantly getting banned for cheating and having to re-buy the game all the time or something?

I think it is two things:

1. It has a presence that people that don't have it, know it's hot and maybe they should try it out.

2. We can't really tell how many sales count it has, it sits at 8. Is that 100,000 copies, 10,000 copies, 2500? Who knows?

But in the end it will be a very high selling game, like a Gary's imo.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Teaser?
3. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Teaser? Jan 4, 2015, 14:01 HorrorScope

Neilsouth wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 13:45:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 13:23:
I haven't played this series, but it's fun to watch other people play on Youtube.

It's basically "jump scare: the game" but if I were 13-14 again or just looking for a quick fright I'd be all over it.

So great for pewdiepie then?

His bank account at the very least. Advantage pie.

News Comments > Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated]
35. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users Jan 4, 2015, 13:32 HorrorScope

Vio wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 11:59:
When robots and AI (eventually) create all products where would the people get the money to buy any of said products, and if it is free why would anyone make it?

Right that is the part even the pro's moving robotics forward can't even say. Do you believe in NWO Conspiracy? That is when the Purge is to happen. But aside from the fiction, no one knows, but they know owners want to save money, they want to be the one that gets the benefit, but when everyone is of like mind (See stock market/labor today) yes we shall see. Some people like Google's CEO thinks we'll just work less and still get as much or more, just better productivity.

33. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users Jan 4, 2015, 11:02 HorrorScope

panbient wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 07:59:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 01:18:
but I imagine a future society where an abundance of riches and technology provides base needs, and people only work that wish to exceed that. But for many, many people that base level would suffice if it allowed them to pursue non-material dreams.

So... the ultimate welfare state?

Something will have to give when robotics take over a lot more tasks that people do today, plus additional tech advances. It doesn't take a lot to see that there would be a reduced need for humans in the workforce. What mentioned as a replacement "non-material dream", that does sound a bit too ideal, think 60's with even a more focused purpose, yeah we'll fuck that up. we're human. Not really sure how that is all going to play out, those in the most control of that future seem to be unsure as well.

Welfare is a negative word that we like to throw out to stir the pot, but if done for other reasons, it wouldn't have the same negative vibe it has today.

27. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users Jan 3, 2015, 20:48 HorrorScope

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 19:43:
Simon Says wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 19:07:

I'll be impressed when numbers don't mean a thing and everyone has equal access to the same stuff without shitty DLC puke on every gamer's plate. And.... it won't probably ever happen again as long as we run our economy using obsolete currency/trade based economic system.

Yeah man. When will people get with the program and switch to a smiles and good vibrations based economy?

I thought in the early 70's when Coke wanted to teach the world to sing, we wuz on our way.

22. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users [Updated] Jan 3, 2015, 18:56 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 17:52:
No matter which download server I switched to, I could never get more than ~ 2MB/s. (Checked my company's pipe, and it was basically empty. I was pulling 23MB/s on speed test.)

That is another issue I've had over at my place, I pretty much an only get 2 and I have 100. I do believe I have the Mbps mbs conversion going on, but if I maxed my download I should be getting 10 on steam. Always right around 2.

News Comments > Another Steam Concurrent User Record
15. Re: Another Steam Concurrent User Record Jan 3, 2015, 16:43 HorrorScope

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 15:24:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 11:28:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 09:13:
The amount of profit from WoW is probably the highest in the history of entertainment on any medium. Seriously, I don't think the profit from every deck of cards *ever* sold throughout human history can match what they have done in WoW.

It was for a while, but that LoL does crazy biz now and wouldn't be surprised to find out is has surpassed WoW.

I sincerely doubt that LoL brings in more money on it's free 2 play model than WoW though, I guess I've never seen the numbers for LoL, however.

Go look, buckle up before you do, it is the biggest money maker at this point and has been for a while. There are other players to.

Ah here's a link...
Big Money

10. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users Jan 3, 2015, 12:50 HorrorScope

Simon Says wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 12:04:
z3razerviper wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 11:51:
Is this just logged in or logged in an playing cause 8 million logged in does not see that impressive.

What he said^^. Cause practically everyone must auto log-on at computer startup, if that is so. The number is utterly laughable. On the other hand, if its people playing at the same time, then that's another matter entirely.

That is a good question... Google says... Logged in, doesn't represent people playing. To note I do not auto-log in on start up. Steam does well, but I do agree that in general it isn't as big as some may think. The Skyrim dealio, always in the Top 10, you'd think it had sold 20 - 50 million on the PC, it is way way under that. So you can use that as a barometer. I'm of the belief in many weeks the top game let alone the rest of the Top 10, sold a much smaller number than what one may believe.

9. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users Jan 3, 2015, 12:41 HorrorScope

Ravor wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 11:53:
Are we really going to get a new post every time they set a new milestone by 100k?

How about half a mil or something.. ?

Not sure, the last big report on this was last Dec at 7 million. So they din'g 1 more million online at the same time in a year, not terribad and they don't seem to be embarrassed by it.

8. Re: Steam Tops 8.5M Concurrent Users Jan 3, 2015, 12:39 HorrorScope

z3razerviper wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 11:51:
Is this just logged in or logged in an playing cause 8 million logged in does not see that impressive.

It is most likely higher than XBox Live's concurrent record. MS seemed to stop talking about that after 2009, anyone have any news on what their current record is? But when they stop talking about it, to me that means they feel it is under-performing and don't want their investors to know. Point is, if it is bigger than anything else, then I guess it is impressive.

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
44. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 3, 2015, 12:30 HorrorScope

Slashman wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 08:52:
Squadron 42 gone to an episodic delivery system (we all know how well that worked out for HL),

Don't limit it to one game, how episodic content had turned out for everyone, even companies that are based solely around that, Telltale. Most are coming to the realization that episodic games are best bought when all episodes are complete. So where dev thinks release is the date of first episode, for others it is the day (couple years later) when the last episode comes out. And hell lets face it, it will then go to seasons as well. Can't win.

We can totally see why he was canned and cannot work in a corporate environment. Doesn't mean he'll fail, but as smart people have said here, we can see how he works and huge money and time sinks will be needed in how he operates to get what people are after. As well as the game has crowdfunded, his aspirations could well be into 200 million and above and we'll he's nowhere near that kind of funding at this time.

4437 Comments. 222 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo