Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3885 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Sep 13, 2014, 10:42 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 21:07:
Lode Runner was my first ever video game. It was AWESOME back in the day. Blast out the floor, let a guy fall in, run over him. Game was sweet.

It truly was a very good game for its time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
26. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 13, 2014, 10:27 HorrorScope

PHJF wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 22:28:
So they removed the mouse support in the UI (which was in the original game). The dev rep can be quoted as saying, "we only had time to do mouse controls or mod support, and we chose mod support."

Take it back, it's worth zero. I bet they have awesome mod support, their known for that, cough. I think Peter actually hates gamers at this point and it shows.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
25. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 13, 2014, 10:26 HorrorScope

ShakaUVM wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 20:54:
I don't see this being worth more than $5.

Maybe start at $10 and sale to $5, but totally some of these games have to read the market here, times have changed a lot. $35 for this, their f'in nuts, but that team has been out of touch now for a loooong time.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2014, 17:33 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 17:06:
The 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism

So true, so sad.

Yes and there are a lot of certain type of people that think they are holier than thou and more patriotic... fall right in line with this. I don't know if it is an angle they are playing or just people being different.

Now we are all different, so I take that into consideration. I just don't work on that level of "something is right no matter what", everybody and everything has to constantly prove themselves true.

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2014, 17:30 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 15:34:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:33:
Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:30:
You can't really lay that on one specific political party or voting demographic.

It's complex, I wasn't really going direct party, but those I know that go along with this, seem aligned heavily to one. Guess?

If you're talking about the voting public, I'd somewhat agree. Politicians seem pretty equally coopted. Thankfully due to Snowden, we're having this conversation.

That is what I am speaking of, yes.

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2014, 12:33 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:30:
You can't really lay that on one specific political party or voting demographic.

It's complex, I wasn't really going direct party, but those I know that go along with this, seem aligned heavily to one. Guess?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
16. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 12, 2014, 11:15 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 01:23:
I keep trolls like Beamer on ignore and so should everyone else.

No. And that is about the only comment that irks me is when someone tells the crowd who they should or shouldn't ignore. I have no one on ignore fwiw. We all have shithead posts and others that aren't so bad, probably a case to be made we should all be put on ignore.

NFL must also laugh non-stop when someone pays them $400 million to take and use their hardware. Really where is the ROI on this? First they are being called ipads and if not we don't even hear or know about it publicly. How do they see this 400 million dollar offer to give sidelines Surfaces, that this will spur millions of fans to go buy one and millions will have to buy one now just to make that money back.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2014, 11:06 HorrorScope

Makes me want to kick Yankie Doodle American Defending Republican right in the teeth.

Not to be confused with this not being an issue on both sides, but it's the Avg American Republican with their heads so far up their ass with American Rah Rah, whatever America does it' great, we are great, we never lie or do wrong. I can't believe these people can exist, but walla... they do and too many are relatives. Feels like the 4th Reich to me.

Integrity. We know they lie, they've admitted, but some still have unwavering trust in liars, perplexed.

As for the other article, that is why you fucking need gov't Alpha Dog Republican. Peoples minds work in ways that they'll dream up any little devious plan, some are out of bounds, who would stop them if there weren't any gov't? We have a shit load of laws because we have a shit load of people trying to bend any and all things their way. That is who made who. We don't do stupid shit, they wouldn't have to make a law.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 12, 2014, 10:35 HorrorScope

I knew they needed to kill it with fire, I told them!  

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
12. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 10:24 HorrorScope

Now it's a pre-order to win game! This one took its good ole time.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 11, 2014, 19:22 HorrorScope

Lol iPads

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
9. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 10:40 HorrorScope

Atomic wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 09:59:
Wallshadows wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 09:49:
After seeing some of the battlestation setups by fans, I now understand how this game has an almost limitless pool of funds to tap in to.

Some of those setups are just disgustingly awesome.

Any day now, Centauri is going to show up and take this guy away to defend the frontier against Xur and Ko-dan Armada.

But wait, no he's not, because he's just the dude with the awesome gear that still can't play! Nooooooo!!!!!

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
131. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 17:25 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 15:47:
Make Minecraft exclusive on mobile to Windows Mobile?

But that ship has sailed, it isn't already, unless we are talking future minecrafts.

130. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 17:24 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 16:36:
I would much rather see it sold to Lego than Microsoft, it makes a lot more sense both from an artistic and financial leverage standpoint.

That is a better match imo, they will know what to do with it.

128. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 17:20 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 13:07:
TheEmissary wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 13:05:
Sony kind of does have a Minecraft clone in development with EQ Next Landmark. I am pretty sure Next or Landmark will ever rise above niche status for most people and certainly no where near Minecraft levels.

Isn't Fortnite coming to PS4?

HZN1 could be another. Not sure any have the focus of a Minecraft killer. But right now EQ Next (vapor) and especially Landmark has little focus, almost like a test-bed or sorts.

127. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 17:19 HorrorScope

TheEmissary wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 13:05:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:58:
jacobvandy wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:51:
Has anyone even considered the fact that Minecraft as a property is pretty much at Pokemon-level mass appeal and recognition at this point? Go to any store that carries kids' toys and you'll see all sorts of Minecraft shit.

Right that is the draw, can they make it work to make ROI?

As for exclusiveness. Sony can drop 500 million then on a Minecraft killer and for 500 million I'm certain they can do that and the PS4 fans would eat it up as it would be "their baby". Now they don't have to spend 500 million even, but think what they could do with a 1/4 of what MS paid and have a new game that no one has yet, vs a brand, but everyone already has.

Sony kind of does have a Minecraft clone in development with EQ Next Landmark. I am pretty sure Next or Landmark will never rise above niche status for most people and certainly no where near Minecraft levels.

It would have to be more focused yet and start as a PS4 exclusive and spread from there. The exclusive part is to get the rabid fans overselling it because it's "their own baby".

126. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 17:17 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 12:36:
Minecraft is already done. It was a one hit wonder. Period. Notch has nothing else to bring to the table. He's basically sold what? 50+ million copies at $20 a pop? So in what universe will you ever see that replicated again? Nowhere is where. I could understand if they were dumb enough to pay 100 million for it - and they would be dumb at this point - but 2 billion? It is but to laugh. If I was an MS shareholder - which I never would have been with Ballmer heading things up - I'd sure as hell be dumping my stock now if this is where Nutella is going with the company.

Here would be the marketers goal:

Minecraft isn't just a game, it's a brand, like Lego's in every way.

We not only have a game, but we have merchandise sales everywhere.

We need to pump out Minecraft movies that gross 600 million globally each.

We need to make Batman, Indy Jones, LOTR Minecraft.

We need to make Minecraft 2.

We need to make TellTale Minecraft.

More mobile Minecraft.

It has to be a huge ass brand. That has to be the goal, it's about the IP and very little to do with Majong the company and its other projects.

The non-mobile games have to be Bone only to justify and save that train wreck.

MS has to think they have the team that can pull that off, from a pop culture mega-successful game into an enduring brand that dominates on every medium. That is how you justify the 2 billion.

MS like EA has the hard time noticing they are very uncool these days, so it has to be actually phenomenal to be the success they want. It won't get by because it is named Minecraft. Now if Blizzard bought it, everything they'd do with it would be gold, quality or not, they have the name that still sells and is not questioned or laughed at.

I don't think these companies can ever see themselves correctly to what they look like as a whole to the world, so they swing and miss a lot and don't get it.

55. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 11:58 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:51:
Has anyone even considered the fact that Minecraft as a property is pretty much at Pokemon-level mass appeal and recognition at this point? Go to any store that carries kids' toys and you'll see all sorts of Minecraft shit.

Right that is the draw, can they make it work to make ROI?

As for exclusiveness. Sony can drop 500 million then on a Minecraft killer and for 500 million I'm certain they can do that and the PS4 fans would eat it up as it would be "their baby". Now they don't have to spend 500 million even, but think what they could do with a 1/4 of what MS paid and have a new game that no one has yet, vs a brand, but everyone already has.

51. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 11:54 HorrorScope

Omni wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:13:
Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:49:
2B for what? 1 game? And the stupidity at MS continues unabated.

Minecraft is a endless money pit its just not 1 game its history and much more. If MS buys Mojang they essential can make the next Minecarft a exclusive xbox game if that's even a thing in the future.

Right.... if they don't screw it up. It is very possible they will, there are no guarantees that the public will by their versions of minecraft.

33. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 10:37 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:35:
Haha, the $2 billion tweet is awesome. Ask and you shall receive!

Agreed, this is the first time I'm considering using twitter.

3885 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo