Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4625 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 10:52 HorrorScope

To me when he says that, he's talking about his customer base HE DOESN'T HAVE.

They all look at "how do we get people not playing our games, playing?", usually that line of thinking is driven by wall street, usually means the current base is assumed in the pocket and will take whatever, as they get some new blood over the new direction.

Good news for me, I'm at a point I don't have to have a AAA game anymore if they were to pursue an even more stripped down game play model.

So EA, go for it, we don't think much of you already, so no skin off my back.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 6, 2015, 10:24 HorrorScope

If I were a Comcast customer I'd hope for the "Asshole" bill, you get this:

Last week, we wrote about a Comcast customer whose first name was changed to “Asshole” on a bill. Comcast apologized to the customer and offered a full refund for the previous two years and two years of service at no charge.

Worth it! $2400 in cash and your next $2400 free, value.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking Feb 6, 2015, 10:12 HorrorScope

IMO they didn't demo that thing well at all. I didn't really get it. Mouselook also makes my screen "infinite" that is one of the big parts of the mouses function here. Controller, maybe more understanding, but then again I didn't get a good feel on how it really works from this. Took them 3 days to get it working, 2 weeks to polish it and 15 minutes to make this movie.

As for the device they need to get that thing down around the $50 mark.

News Comments > H1Z1 Beta Patch & Character Wipe
6. Re: H1Z1 Beta Patch & Character Wipe Feb 5, 2015, 23:21 HorrorScope

Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 21:50:
I love Mack's reviews too but IMO he is only around 50/50... going by the games I have played that he has slammed.

The game has been updated several times since his video.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 5, 2015, 23:06 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 22:13:
Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 20:12:
Destiny and Hearthstone, both new releases in the fiscal year, combined for 40 million registered users (16 million of which belong to Destiny) and $850 million in revenue.

How do you get $850 million out of that? With Heathstone being free-ish, and 16 million sales of Destiny - which would gross 100 mil'ish and net significantly less. All I've been hearing is how Destiny has been a commercial failure given its development costs and now they're claiming it and a free game are responsible for close to a billion in net-revenue? Lucy, joo got some 'splaining to do!

For 16 million copies to gross $100M, you'd sell each copy for $6.25. Since each copy went for around $50, you're looking at more like $800M.

He must a missed a couple zero's.

News Comments > Digital Extremes & n-Space RPG Plans
2. Re: Digital Extremes & n-Space RPG Plans Feb 5, 2015, 22:23 HorrorScope

including the director of Dragon Age™: Origins - Do they have a name?  

News Comments > Activision Financials; Treyarch Making This Year's CoD
2. Re: Activision Financials; Treyarch Making This Year's CoD Feb 5, 2015, 19:57 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 19:34:
Because a year without COD, is like a year without Santa Clause... Rolleyes

And this is why we need a like system.

Like.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 5, 2015, 18:25 HorrorScope

Bad headline on that article.

16 million have registered.

No count on how many play per day but those that do, play an avg of 3 hours.

Fun with numbers.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 5, 2015, 13:01 HorrorScope

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 11:15:
Blackhawk wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 11:03:
This is why the ad blocker stays up regardless of the site, regardless of how guilty they make me feel.

Ditto. I try to support Blue when I shop at Amazon, when I remember,

Exact same, he got a few Christmas credits from me.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 5, 2015, 13:01 HorrorScope

Blackhawk wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 11:03:
Malicious advertisements on major sites compromised many computers.

This is why the ad blocker stays up regardless of the site, regardless of how guilty they make me feel.

It must be this, because the next time I get hit with a zero day flash exploit, will be the first. Personally I don't know how people haven't quickly come to the conclusion of Ad Block, for everyone doing it "ok" there are a dozen trying to drown you in a lot of extra BS than just their web page.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 5, 2015, 12:48 HorrorScope

Good one!  

News Comments > H1Z1 Beta Patch & Character Wipe
2. Re: H1Z1 Beta Patch & Character Wipe Feb 5, 2015, 12:24 HorrorScope

Frags4Fun wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 11:05:
After watching Worth a Buy's reviews of this game, I wouldn't touch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qja6mlP46H4

This guy has some epic rants on shitty games. He's helped me save a bunch of cash.

The guy kills me, has the same voice as a good friend, I hope I never see Mack's mug, because I see my friend speaking his words.

On the game, it seems there have been some noticeable updates to a few points he obliterated. The Air Drop thing is still an issue on a level or two.

Two highlights of the video, he gets upset and he starts banging on a Ding Bell as he goes off and at the end, it wasn't a thumbs down, it was a repeated thumbs down. I wonder what he thinks of Daybreak?

Still not quite certain about which air-drops you get back after a wipe if you bought individual ones.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 4, 2015, 23:44 HorrorScope

Well here let me be fair and balanced then, didn't mean it like that.

Gov't wants to keep track of what people are saying.

John Smith today posted... Really, that isn't good, are you talking the John Smith from? From over 151,000. That is why we have a social.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Get to Work Announced
5. Re: The Sims 4 Get to Work Announced Feb 4, 2015, 23:41 HorrorScope

I heard this was a mistake, this was an internal memo...  

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
18. Re: Take-Two Financials Feb 4, 2015, 18:42 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 10:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 00:21:
As said, it is how you want to break it out. I look at each as their own platform you have to tweak/program for each, leave out console and pc, you have this:

Bone
Ps4
Ps3
PC

Each is close enough to the other. You can't make one version and it work for another without some real work. As the old gen winds down, the overall dollars between the console market remains close. Divide by 2 then, pc seems like it will be close.

If you really do want to break it down like that, which I don't agree with, but I'll play along for a moment, then it would actually be more like:

Bone
Ps4
Ps3
PC-Windows
PC-Linux
PC-Mac

... because the Linux and Mac versions of games also require extra tweaking and programming which you seem to consider a mandatory req to constitute a platform.

And not sure why you want to artificially make a pro-PC case when we have raw numbers from the big publishers EA, Ubi and now Take2 proving that PC is far behind. There is a reason why publishers neglect the PC. It's the money, the revenue. They simply go where the money is. They don't hate on PCs or anything like that. They would immediately jump on the PC bandwagon (and did in the past... just about every big publisher was trying to create a "WoW killer" or "Counter-Strike killer" at some point) if there'd be a major shift in revenue.
But there isn't. People spend the most money for those shitty PC-wannabe boxes in their living rooms apparently. That's why the PC ain't getting no love.

Sure go ahead and shave off $100 in rev on Linux and $50 on the mac. Win-Pc holds it own.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 4, 2015, 18:32 HorrorScope

Going with that angle... probably only card to play at this time.  

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter
23. Re: Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter Feb 4, 2015, 17:49 HorrorScope

I most likely would buy this. But one part of the sales pitch that doesn't sell me is it isn't like this genre died (like others have), first person action rpg's have been being made all along. And the pitch wasn't all the exciting or convincing. Oh and I liked them, but didn't consider them "masterpieces" like they self proclaim their own work.

To me if they were just going for the UW feel, 600K seems too high. You have a 1 person doing Delver ($8) no KS, which if added about two notches of functionality, becomes UW like. So unless they really go deep with it, this is like a $20 game.

Something like Wizardry 8 imo is really in need of a KS campaign, that is a style that is just sadly forgotten. But bottom line is my fist sentence.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2015, 18:03.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 4, 2015, 17:37 HorrorScope

Be easier giving them a number, everyone is either a:
Wang
Wong
Chen
Li
Wu
Son
Dong

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2015, 23:42.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 4, 2015, 17:22 HorrorScope

If this guy does what he's saying, he'll be a little mini-hero to me. It needs to be done for exactly the reasons mentioned in the past. These are the reasons you need gov'ts. Pharaoh would just take it all back, in time.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2015, 23:47.

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
14. Re: Take-Two Financials Feb 4, 2015, 00:21 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 3, 2015, 22:29:
@HorrorScope: Nah, let's keep it realistic. It's still the Xbox and the Playstation and Mickeysoft and Sony. And a choice of lifestyle. Console gaming is console gaming, usually on the couch, in the living room, on the big screen and with controllers. That is the point and not which console it is exactly. There's got to be a level of abstraction.

Because... breaking it down by individual "device", where do we start with the PC? Windows XP vs. Vista vs. 7 vs. 8 vs. 8.1 vs. Linux (maybe even split it up further by distribution?) vs. Mac? Or DirectX vs. OpenGL? Or by CPU or GPU? See. We'd quickly end up in the tenths of percent for PCs if we would go that route.

Naturally, "the consoles" vs. "the PC" is a generalization but I'd say it's a fair and fitting generalization in this particular case because in the end it is a distinct choice of life-/gamestyle.

As said, it is how you want to break it out. I look at each as their own platform you have to tweak/program for each, leave out console and pc, you have this:

Bone
Ps4
Ps3
PC

Each is close enough to the other. You can't make one version and it work for another without some real work. As the old gen winds down, the overall dollars between the console market remains close. Divide by 2 then, pc seems like it will be close.

4625 Comments. 232 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo