Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3384 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2014, 10:38 HorrorScope

The Portland water story has been circulating for the past week. Perception vs Science, sure. But this is all that needs to be said "The water is treated". So when someone pee's in it, it is still treated before you drink it. EOS

Now consider this is open air, there are animals that float dead in it from time to time and anything else like a bird flying over and poop'ing. It's just comical they have to flush the whole thing over a person peeing in it (which they say they actually didn't even hit the reservoir).

"We treat and test the water before it is served" is all that is needed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SOE on H1Z1 vs DayZ
21. Re: SOE on H1Z1 vs DayZ Apr 21, 2014, 10:22 HorrorScope

I see the potential in this game/idea and hope it turns out well.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
13. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 20, 2014, 10:26 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 20, 2014, 01:03:
So I suppose it's also news to you that NA is in debt up to our fucking eyeballs? US owes 17.5 TRILLION

It's the worlds debt. Another Carlinism... "You can be broke, bitch, complain about poor schools and not get a stadium. Or you can be broke, bitch, complain about poor schools and have a new stadium.

Point is we should always be dreaming big and not let ledgers that aren't all that clear for us to understand. That deficit is used to make us feel bad and accept less.

It's the worlds debt.

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
8. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Apr 19, 2014, 11:31 HorrorScope

Longswd wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 00:10:
There was a time not so long ago when being a green-lit game meant something,

But not high quality. Hey instead of us bitching too much about it, consider it a stepping stone for money young game developers that will foster into better things in the future for us. Have Search Tools guide you through the rough waters.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 19, 2014, 11:11 HorrorScope

I pay $60 a month to say things online.  

News Comments > The Golf Club Early Access
5. Re: The Golf Club Early Access Apr 18, 2014, 20:17 HorrorScope

MajorD wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 11:31:
Early Access, the new trend to keep that cash flow going to keep the development going.

If this is what it takes to get games made that the Corp Dev's won't. I'm all for it.

News Comments > Steam Guard Scam Warning
20. Re: Steam Guard Scam Warning Apr 18, 2014, 12:07 HorrorScope

Necrophob wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 10:52:
Empathy involves being able to see yourself in the same situation as the person in question, and feeling for their pain. But I can't, cause I'm not a moron.

I had a cousin that thought the same thing, he was all that. About 1-2 years out of H.S. he now knows he's not all that. A real smart person though could imagine being dumb, hence put themselves in their shoes.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 18, 2014, 11:23 HorrorScope

Intel... lol. You wouldn't say.  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Apr 17, 2014, 17:49 HorrorScope

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 17:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 17:32:
Beamer wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 10:57:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 10:55:
Good. The faster you get all of Wall Street out of all the games... the better.

The article isn't saying that at all. It's saying that the stocks will fall, not that the companies will go private.

Right. But I'm still good with what I wrote, the more the stock market isn't involved with the games the better. Them not making bank on wall street all the while pandering to them... since that isn't paying off, just listen to the buyers. Games and Wall Street barely mix. Jim Cramer knows this to and regularly tells us on his show.

Jim Cramer also said things were looking great months before the 2008 crash. But he is humble about it now.

Right he's not perfect, I think we know nobody is. But he doesn't trust game stocks, he's been right on that one.

Regarding your 2008 comment, my uncle was a broken record repeating... "Never sell economic fear to the masses" you'll put everyone in a panic and they'll tighten up their wallets creating an economic issue, a self fulfilling prophecy. Perhaps Jim knows the best way to weather economic storms is not to panic and that was his thinking then.

News Comments > Starbound Update Pace Explained
15. Re: Starbound Update Pace Explained Apr 17, 2014, 17:47 HorrorScope

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 17:36:
The lack of rapid updates I see only as a benefit for the growing Starbound mod community. Following every patch all released mods had to be updated and re-installed. It's confusing enough already finding ones that aren't obsolete. Dedicated projects at least have some wiggle room to prepare.

True. 7DTD has the issue of too many updates. Mods, Servers, Saves are constantly in flux over this.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
21. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 17, 2014, 17:36 HorrorScope

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 15:32:
Verno wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 14:18:
Drazula wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 09:25:
I'm more concerned about their lack of faith... but that failure is on their parents.

To each his own, I think its important for children to be raised to be critical thinkers who come to their own conclusions.

Sure but should you let a 10 year old decide it's best for their development to spend 5 hours a day on WOW after school? Toddlers on up will choose screens because it's pleasurable, like TV or ice cream.

Or how about this... a lot of people have given up making the perfect country babies since they see the country isn't about making it better but the party and those party individuals better and the cost to A-Typ Citizens. So patriotism and all that is weak right now and perhaps that affects parenting for perfection and just a roll with it mentality kicks in.

Why am I not doing every last thing to make my boys better???

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Apr 17, 2014, 17:32 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 10:57:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 10:55:

The article isn't saying that at all. It's saying that the stocks will fall, not that the companies will go private.

Right. But I'm still good with what I wrote, the more the stock market isn't involved with the games the better. Them not making bank on wall street all the while pandering to them... since that isn't paying off, just listen to the buyers. Games and Wall Street barely mix. Jim Cramer knows this to and regularly tells us on his show.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 17, 2014, 17:27 HorrorScope

As Freddy Mercury would say (if he still could) "Mama just killed a man"  

News Comments > Starbound Update Pace Explained
13. Re: Starbound Update Pace Explained Apr 17, 2014, 17:25 HorrorScope

I think it takes a level of maturity to accept EA games and be ok with them. The only time I think the hammer of heat should come down is when it is apparent they have quit on the buying customer. This had a lull but it hasn't been tragic and to another poster, this hasn't been "Thee Best EA", but again nothing to go all Cutter over.

I'm in a half dozen and they've all been well enough for me. Those I buy into, I want to buy into at the point of development they are at. It's been fun playing some and watching them grow.

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
6. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Apr 17, 2014, 12:23 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 11:33:
Wow... that's a lot of ... not at all interesting looking stuff....

Seriously, looked them all through, saw 0 games i am interested in.....

Almost a bagel for me. But the Pop Up Dungeon looks good to me and hopefully they can make the DM option.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 17, 2014, 12:10 HorrorScope

Wire the country with fiber and any wires above ground on poles need to be taken under-ground. We need a great national project like this. Good jobs. If it costs a trillion or two, well at least that was a good trillion or two to spend vs the trillions we have in debt with no good reason or results.  

18. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 17, 2014, 12:07 HorrorScope

Drazula wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 09:25:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 20:13:
ChildChildren can swipe a screen but can't use toy building blocks, teachers warn.

Yeah, the rule is no screens before 3, then 30m per day after that. Not good for the kids.
Children can't plant seeds, can't pump water from a well, can't clean out a horse stable. We don't freak out over these lack of skills because those things are long gone. Youth today need to be trained on what they will need in the future, not the past. And they are. What required a Bachelors degree in Computer Science 25 years ago, kids are learning in 8th grade. Add in information at a touch through the internet and today's youth are several orders of magnitude smarter than middle age people.

I'm more concerned about their lack of faith... but that failure is on their parents.

I agree with a lot of that. Us parents keep living a circular pattern generation to generation. "Kids these days...". "We had to"... Things do change and those blocks, while I'm not against playing with blocks but how many people build buildings these days?

In the day you built your own, now it's corporations. Soon it could be 3d printers or robots. So to live on plantet earth for quite a spell now you don't really need to be able to build structures.

That said, playing with blocks doesn't mean you can or can't build when you are older. I'm a pretty firm believer that your interests and drive will dictate what you will do in your life. If my son never played with a block, but as he grew became interested in being a carpenter, I see nothing in his way of becoming a carpenter if he played with blocks or not.

It is an interesting article, but there is a lot to all of this. We have been saying forever it seems, this next gen of kids is worst than the last and the next will be worse yet. The last thing this isn't a kid problem if a problem but an adult one. The kids live in the world adults created. "Adults these days...."

17. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 17, 2014, 12:01 HorrorScope

If I were captaining that train, the story would have been teen hit in head with man's dick.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 17, 2014, 10:55 HorrorScope

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
63. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 23:53 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 10:34:
It's not blasphemy, I've said the same thing dozens of times. Yeah I've put 100+ hours into xcom and ftl, but many action games I want 12-16.

It also is different with the games you mentioned that you have 100's of hours in. That a single play-through doesn't take 100 hours, but it's so good you play it again. There are still always exceptions, like for many Skyrim. Not that I'm really telling anyone anything, I just love typing and I'm so good at it (not).

3384 Comments. 170 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo