Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3021 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video
27. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video Feb 20, 2014, 16:22 HorrorScope

KS wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 15:20:
These are the very first letter in MMORPG -- making grouping easy. A group finder utility is useless if it's hard to share quests.

Amen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video Feb 20, 2014, 16:20 HorrorScope

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 15:01:
In my opinion, this game has a lot of potential

The story of so many mmo's. IMO it has no potential because it tries nothing new. There are some decent things, but they're close enough to the same decent things I've played, still own and can do again for free and still don't. But if one is jonesing for another mmo... There are easier one's on your wallet.

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
38. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 16:16 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 14:28:
I can't be the only one that preferred the original Thief games where the story was told elliptically and discovering the story through observation?

Do we know that isn't happening here? That was good, but there were other parts in the story given that wasn't just from observation.

37. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 16:14 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 13:05:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:46:
Ever heard of someone replying back to anothers opinion? Mediocre? Not that you will answer, but what would you like to see that you didn't? I only came up with car chases, rocket launchers and vibrant colors?

if you are saying that i want car chases and rocket launchers and vibrant colors from a game like this, what is the point of talking with you in the first place? you are trying to start shit and be obnoxious about it, so fuck off

if you want reasonable conversation, be reasonable - dont be an asshole and then whine and cry about it when i treat you like one

What do you feel is missing? You say mediocre, I feel the gfx are better than all thief's, the game play if anything has more options now than previous thiefs. I can't tell about story or length yet, but watching the vid it seems you can spend hours just on the first mission.

As for being a dick and asshole, well that's already been established. Even though that isn't my intent, it seems to come off that way. I do apologies for a good part of that.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2014, 16:24.

20. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 12:46 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:17:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 11:43:
Not sure what you wanted more out of the mission video. It's Thief with added abilities over it's predecessors. Yes, there isn't a high-speed exotic car chase or 20 clip Rocket launchers to use in stealth. Not a lot of vibrant colors either, lots of dark grays.

ever heard of an opinion? it looks mediocre to me, go ahead and argue all you want its not going to change my mind

if you are in love with it, thats your business.. enjoy yourself

Ever heard of someone replying back to anothers opinion? Mediocre? Not that you will answer, but what would you like to see that you didn't? I only came up with car chases, rocket launchers and vibrant colors?

This game got butchered here non stop way before release. It could have and still can suck, but I always knew in general we were way ahead of ourselves.

11. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video Feb 20, 2014, 12:03 HorrorScope

Other than it being a fairly standard MMO.

The biggest issue (and most SP Blue's posters won't know this) is when grouping. Running missions in a group imo is a nightmare, even if you play tightly as a group all the time. When you aren't in total synch and you cannot just tell the system you want to be in synch. You then can be in different phases, you will be invisible to other players (you see their marker but not their person), you cannot share with them to have them join you etc. I haven't played an online game this restrictive and really for me is going to be the showstopper above all others.

The game should make it that whoever is leader, you are always in their phase, if you done the part before or haven't, you should still be in their phase instance able to assist, no completion credit, but be able to assist. Just weird.

9. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 11:43 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 11:11:
InBlack wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 10:53:
Silly me, hoping to see some actual gameplay instead of a huge fucking giant QTE clip. Wait, maybe the QTEs ARE the gameplay!!!???

/mindblown

did you somehow miss this 17 minute video of the first mission?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEtC9X3Pnao

game looks mediocre to me... might grab it on sale for 10

Not sure what you wanted more out of the mission video. It's Thief with added abilities over it's predecessors. Yes, there isn't a high-speed exotic car chase or 20 clip Rocket launchers to use in stealth. Not a lot of vibrant colors either, lots of dark grays.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 19, 2014, 21:33 HorrorScope

Just another internet breakthrough we'll never see. Sadly.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
22. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 19, 2014, 17:10 HorrorScope

Pumas wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 15:58:
The scale of the US is so much larger than people realize. The state I live in (Indiana) is 50% larger with 50% more people than your entire country.

Break it up amongst 50 units, don't look at it as one massive jobs, but 50 doable one's.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
21. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 19, 2014, 17:09 HorrorScope

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 13:28:
Cornelius, NC - where I am moving - has its own community broadband.

Have you read the articles on recent legislation to make that illegal? Crazy shit.

News Comments > Sacred 3 This Summer
3. Re: Sacred 3 This Summer Feb 19, 2014, 16:24 HorrorScope

Sacred the ARPG that had the market to itself during the dry spell and totally struck out. With 20 APRG's I have no need to find out if they got this one right.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Capital One Feb 19, 2014, 13:13 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 11:41:
Sure, they can come over. There's nothing that obligates you to actually, you know, let them in. And once you've told them they are trespassing, they have to get off your land or you can call the cops on them (on, in Texas, just fucking shoot 'em! YEEHAW!)

Also, this is just BS EULA language. Now that they've been called out on it, they'll quickly change it again tomorrow to something less retarded. I don't understand why companies still think they can get away with this kind of crap. There is ALWAYS someone who reads it.

Maybe they figure that if they go for "full frontal lobotomy retarded" first, and they then scale it down to "just retarded", people won't complain about the just retarded language as much as they would have had that been the default language to begin with. (Holy run-on sentence, Batman!)

Then talk about a shitty job. Some poor dude making a couple bucks above minimum has to knock on the doors of random people having financial issues in their life. Yeah nothing bad can happen there.

Hey fucking CEO... be a man and you knock on the fucking doors you pussy!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 19, 2014, 13:11 HorrorScope

LurkerLito wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 11:08:
Capital One says it can show up at cardholders' homes, workplaces.
Wtf
I believe Florida has a law that combats this. I think it's called "Stand Your Ground" Innocent

lol

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
36. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 19, 2014, 12:59 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 08:46:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 06:38:
I dunno, sounds like Ken was tired of making AAA games and all the limitations and expectations that come with that. Can't blame him, it's pretty limiting.

If Infinite's development was difficult as hinted, he's probably burnt the fuck out...

I got burnt out doing less, true story. First I started with games, went to biz development, then found a path of lesser resistant in biz development. It gives me time to be a game critic on the side. I tell my sons the same story, aim high, have goals (they do) and then when you have enough of that find your happy place, it maybe doing something related but more management quality of life hours. I have no doubt making games has a burn out factor. It's an extremely demanding profession, but if you can make it there, you definitely can make it elsewhere with less hours and more jack if you are hourly/salary.

35. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 19, 2014, 12:56 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 04:17:
Infinite sold over 4 million units. Granted, the six year dev cycle makes that a bit less impressive but not enough to shutter the entire studio. For comparison, Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution were in development for about the same amount of time and received about the same amount of sales but you don't see Square shutting down Crystal Dynamics and IO Interactive. It just seems like a crazy decision from Take-Two.

Didn't Tomb Raider get gutted some when it didn't live up to the immediate success they were expecting?

34. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 19, 2014, 12:54 HorrorScope

Ant wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 00:22:
Fantaz wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 18:58:
so who's doing System Shock 3?
IIRC, I think EA still has that franchise.

EA is bringing it to mobile. $1 a bullet. 2 Hours to open a door.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
15. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 19, 2014, 12:52 HorrorScope

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 01:13:
Xbone is every bit as powerful as the PS4, and we have THE POWER OF THE CLOUD!

But why does every game run at a lower resolution, frame rate, or both?

THE POWER OF THE CLOUD COMPELS YOU!

But that's not an...

THE POWER OF THE CLOUD!

Yes it's time to bring that back around. What happened to the Power of the Cloud? Where are the examples of the cloud making games better with things being off loaded? Sounds just like our CIO, he says cloud to look smart. I bet he thinks Googling Google will crash the internet.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 19, 2014, 12:47 HorrorScope

Either way Turbine has almost zero chance of hitting gold. Another bean counter who is waaaaay too late to the party.  

News Comments > PC Leads Developer Next Game Survey
5. Re: PC Leads Developer Next Game Survey Feb 19, 2014, 12:45 HorrorScope

I have little doubt that most developers would just like to stick to PC's. It's those bean counters above that give the orders. Which makes the rise of indy developers anything but surprising. This is the industry correcting itself.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access
10. Re: Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access Feb 19, 2014, 12:08 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 12:03:
Why does Wolfenstein need on an rails story with forced cutscenes.

You get one of two things, the open FPS which too many is just run and gun with little told story. Or you get a more directed one which attempts to tell a story.

So if you are a "story" person, you will get much more direction.

I don't see it nearly as bad as stated here, it is like you want everything but don't think it out if it's possible to have everything.

The trailer setup here doesn't look bad, seems to be intriguing. But lack of game play... who knows.

3021 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo