Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5606 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2015, 22:31 HorrorScope

LOL at man getting shots.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders
9. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders Sep 8, 2015, 22:21 HorrorScope

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 21:53:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 21:12:
So a 200 hour game with NG+ on top of that needs a 10 hour DLC?

I'm good with that, I've played through the game twice already and more content is always good.

Ring up one Hearts of Stone Charlie, this gentleman here would like a copy.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 8, 2015, 21:31 HorrorScope

Saboth wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 21:21:
I just spent this past weekend upgrading my PC. $550 for 16 GB DDR4, Z170 mobo, i5 6600k, and CPU cooler. I was upgrading from a 2009 i5-750, 8 GB DDR3 and P55 mobo. The 750 has been running at 3.6-3.7 ghz for about 5+ years now. It was hard to determine how much of a performance gain I'd see, since most tests were comparing the 2.66 stock 750 speed to the 3.5-3.9 speed of the 6600, instead of the OC. Long story short, I went from about 8800 in 3DMark Firestrike to about 10100, about 72 FPS average in Arkham City to 105. That's with the 6600k running at 4.6.

However, when I went from my gtx 570 to my gtx 970, my 3DMark went from about 4500 to that 8800, earlier this year, showing that video cards offer far bigger gains than processor upgrades.

The system is definitely faster, but I recall back when going even 2-3 years for a CPU upgrade netted close to 100% performance gains, vs 25-50% in 5+ years. There's just no reason to upgrade every two-three years, like back in the day. I expect this build will last me another 3-5 years, unless there is some major tech breakthrough.

In general the VC does pay off better upgrading than CPU and then you can SLI them to. But there are games that are CPU heavy that benefit. IMO I could use a better proc, there hasn't been a big swing in performance for a while, just very incremental steps, but I'd surely love a huge boost in one.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
27. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2015, 21:24 HorrorScope

fiftykyu wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 18:55:
For example, today I got a Steam key for Serpent in the Staglands from the Humble Bundle Store, since it's currently full-price at Steam itself. Will I remember to play? No. But at least I remembered to save a few dollars.

QUESTION: Does anyone know what steam makes activating a key you bought elsewhere and allowing you to download and make it a steam game? I assume they make something, they have to get the keys, host etc.

What MS needs to do between now and the next gen is to start giving deep discounts on digital games to the point players become accustomed to it and then when the majority use it, then you can kill the other. That is what happened with the PC for 95% of the market.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders
7. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders Sep 8, 2015, 21:12 HorrorScope

So a 200 hour game with NG+ on top of that needs a 10 hour DLC?  

News Comments > Dragonís Dogma: Dark Arisen PC Plans
8. Re: Dragonís Dogma: Dark Arisen PC Plans Sep 8, 2015, 21:11 HorrorScope

NotOneOfUs wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 18:18:
There is a God~ He loves us all so much~

Then where is Red Dead Redemption? There is no god, there is no love. Just pain and suffering. I kid...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 8, 2015, 12:22 HorrorScope

We know why they don't want to offer it and it has nothing to do with user difficulty. There is a service out there that i believe now does this for Netflix.  

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2015, 12:21 HorrorScope

Razumen wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 11:39:
PC went mostly digital because the market was failing, publishers lost faith in it because of piracy-there really isn't the same problem on consoles, not anywhere close to the degree PCs had.

All digital is just one more way for them to completely close the loop around the consumers neck, it will be a lot harder to buy games on sale, no pre-owned market, no lending, selling trading games (not at reasonable prices), and of course: internet connection required all the time.

A digital only console is such a bad idea for us, the only real reason they want it is more $$$ for them.

I simply don't agree, the market had a choice and over time it became apparent that convenience and costs (sales were better digitally) of digital were better and won out over retail in due time. PC's were online and they had the storage to make it happen. Consoles are getting there, but the have to make sure people in mass have made the change before they just make the change.

Even today PC isn't 100% digital and the base is so much more accustomed to it. So consoles just want to make it absolute, yeah they'll botch it. Sony already waiting and laughing.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 8, 2015, 11:14 HorrorScope

There's plenty of game out there now that if you want everything they can give you'll need a beast of a system. It is good that most can scale way down though so we aren't more forced to upgrade.  

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2015, 11:09 HorrorScope

How i would do it, is when i see the total number of games sold via digital are dominant vs retail and not a moment before then.

The good news is they have both now, so they need to keep improving all aspects of buying digital until they can prove it dwarfs retail. Then and only then can you make the move.

IMO you can't just do it based solely on a new generation, the market has to prove itself first. Like how the PC happened, we could have stayed retail, but digital became better and better until it dominated, at that time the market had spoken. Same here, if they just try it without the base already proven it dominant, same shit will happen again. They have to be at least this smart, no?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 8, 2015, 10:56 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 09:43:
How a SC fanboy rationalizes it.....

" No timeframes were given for anything and they were adamant that they could not give times for anything, but, the above information I think is worth more than timeframes for most players."

Also how a sucker gets grifted.

I don't know if they added it or not but the now reads... "for most players (in attendance)." That is probably true.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 8, 2015, 10:49 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 09:52:
I know that I promised I would not post in another SC thread but oh man...Im just gonna ask one question:

Are religious fundamentalists somehow secretly sci-fi fanatics with a thing for space sims? I can't for the life of me explain the irrational behavior in any other way....

Right. At first I was really wanting a space sim, but now I'm just not sure any more. I tend to hide from drama and that is what this feels like to me. They sucked out my enthusiasm for it.

News Comments > Laborious Metaverse
5. Re: Laborious Metaverse Sep 7, 2015, 17:17 HorrorScope

Still going strong with Firefox w/addons blocking ads.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 6, 2015, 13:12 HorrorScope

{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 5, 2015, 17:02:
what? sex 2 minutes? What kind of pre-mature ejaculation issues are going on here wow

Pre-mature for who?

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 6, 2015, 13:11 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 5, 2015, 17:23:
DukeFNukem wrote on Sep 5, 2015, 15:53:
And this is news exactly why? Because any other person on planet Earth who did the same thing would NOT be fired? *shakes his head in bewilderment*.

Because titillation masquerading as news is more lucrative than actual news. =/

Both statements true.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 6, 2015, 13:10 HorrorScope

Julio wrote on Sep 5, 2015, 13:42:
And I thought that's how you seal the deal on getting the job!

It's a good move, you test the waters even before you start, no reason wasting time, it fails like this, you didn't want the job anyway. It was his interview and the company failed.

Guys data is being reviewed by law enforcement to see if it was a mistake or modus operandi for this person I reckon.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 6, 2015, 12:59 HorrorScope

Julio wrote on Sep 6, 2015, 11:57:
I love the mention that every Xbox One is going to be on Windows 10. A spy in every living room (or at least everyone foolish enough to invite Microsoft in).

The bone was already doing it. Was the current bone running on win8 tech with a bone ui?

News Comments > Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video
22. Re: Star Citizen August Update; Audio Video Sep 5, 2015, 15:14 HorrorScope

wrlwnd wrote on Sep 5, 2015, 13:04:
deleted (not worth it)

I approve this message.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 10 Notes
3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 10 Notes Sep 3, 2015, 23:31 HorrorScope

Their management is just terrible. There has to be good people there, just being directed by trash.  

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 2, 2015, 22:01 HorrorScope

What a shit way to measure... anything.

Intels new proc:
"offer up to two and a half times the performance and triple the battery life2 when compared to the computers many people currently own."

5606 Comments. 281 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo