Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3375 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
58. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 23, 2014, 12:10 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 07:46:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 22:20:
The engine alone changes everything for Bioware. We don't have an idea what they can do with an up to date engine, this will be their first time. I always wait for reviews, but my interest is peeked.

You don't think this will be consolized out the ass? Dream on white boy, dream on black girl, and wake up to a brand new day, to find your dreams have washed away.

Well first I've hated pretty much every bioware engine ever and was always surprised how they got away with it. However some of their engines for their time were ok. Most of the time they were abysmal.

Now I'm not a fan of DA1, I thought it was shallow strategically (since that was its aim), suffered from the pause based system and most of all very small areas and long load times. Also it became repetitive because I felt the skill choices were shallow for a pseudo TB game. It didn't work for me in that scope at all.

But even beyond that, I don't fall in love with series's quite the same way most hardcores do. I pretty much take each release as its own new game. That is how I did find fun in DA2. I liked the action part of it, load times were much faster, however the area's were still abysmally small.

Acting/Story in both were pretty good.

If DA3 comes out and plays more like Witcher or Skyrim and not DA1, that is fine with me. I like that setup and again I don't hold to hard with past releases, each game... it's own release for me.

I don't know if this will be good, but from what I see I'm totally stoked for more than 2 city blocks without a reload, that alone adds a lot of RPG Adventuring to me. And a mix between some a DA mechanics and a Withcer/Skyrim could be interesting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Out of the Park Baseball 15
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Out of the Park Baseball 15 Apr 22, 2014, 22:28 HorrorScope

fawker wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 11:48:
15?! Sports fans get milked so bad.

And we're just talking about going to the ole ball park.

46. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 22:20 HorrorScope

The engine alone changes everything for Bioware. We don't have an idea what they can do with an up to date engine, this will be their first time. I always wait for reviews, but my interest is peeked.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 22, 2014, 13:02 HorrorScope

AMD doesn't want to compete on the bottom end, well there is something new.  

12. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 12:58 HorrorScope

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 12:43:
This looks like I'll be buying it for $9.99 or less... is there even a party anymore, or is it basically a single character game?

I thought it was supposed to still have party options. If not then it looks like it moves into the Skyrim/Witcher genre, which is still ok with me.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2014, 12:11 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 11:23:
Creston wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 11:22:
Dragon Age Inquisition coming October 7th.

DIABLO AGE!

Oblivion Age!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2014, 10:43 HorrorScope

Golf article mentions every reason but cost and with people not making as much, especially the demographic they are targeting in the article. It should be the #1 reason.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2014, 10:39 HorrorScope

They mix wifi with 5G, hmmm not the same.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2014, 20:18 HorrorScope

Fantaz wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 18:27:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 16:52:
Powdered alcohol may be coming to a liquor store near you.

1. This would have made a great April Fool's joke. Too bad it's actually a thing.

2. If it's anything like powdered milk, it'll taste like shit.

3. I love this comment from the product website:
Let’s talk about the elephant in the room… snorting Palcohol. Yes, you can snort it. And you’ll get drunk almost instantly because the alcohol will be absorbed so quickly in your nose. Good idea? No. It will mess you up. Use Palcohol responsibly.

Drunk2

fuck yeah! can't wait to snort my alcohol... *sniff*

God damn it. I just started smoking it out of 2 liters and now this! I can't keep up. I'm never the cool guy at the parties.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 21, 2014, 20:10 HorrorScope

I don't think modular is the way to go, however I do see yearly or biyearly updates from the MFG the way to go with 120% compatibility.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 21, 2014, 20:07 HorrorScope

I think they need to come back stronger than ever.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2014, 10:38 HorrorScope

The Portland water story has been circulating for the past week. Perception vs Science, sure. But this is all that needs to be said "The water is treated". So when someone pee's in it, it is still treated before you drink it. EOS

Now consider this is open air, there are animals that float dead in it from time to time and anything else like a bird flying over and poop'ing. It's just comical they have to flush the whole thing over a person peeing in it (which they say they actually didn't even hit the reservoir).

"We treat and test the water before it is served" is all that is needed.

News Comments > SOE on H1Z1 vs DayZ
21. Re: SOE on H1Z1 vs DayZ Apr 21, 2014, 10:22 HorrorScope

I see the potential in this game/idea and hope it turns out well.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
13. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 20, 2014, 10:26 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 20, 2014, 01:03:
So I suppose it's also news to you that NA is in debt up to our fucking eyeballs? US owes 17.5 TRILLION

It's the worlds debt. Another Carlinism... "You can be broke, bitch, complain about poor schools and not get a stadium. Or you can be broke, bitch, complain about poor schools and have a new stadium.

Point is we should always be dreaming big and not let ledgers that aren't all that clear for us to understand. That deficit is used to make us feel bad and accept less.

It's the worlds debt.

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
8. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Apr 19, 2014, 11:31 HorrorScope

Longswd wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 00:10:
There was a time not so long ago when being a green-lit game meant something,

But not high quality. Hey instead of us bitching too much about it, consider it a stepping stone for money young game developers that will foster into better things in the future for us. Have Search Tools guide you through the rough waters.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 19, 2014, 11:11 HorrorScope

I pay $60 a month to say things online.  

News Comments > The Golf Club Early Access
5. Re: The Golf Club Early Access Apr 18, 2014, 20:17 HorrorScope

MajorD wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 11:31:
Early Access, the new trend to keep that cash flow going to keep the development going.

If this is what it takes to get games made that the Corp Dev's won't. I'm all for it.

News Comments > Steam Guard Scam Warning
20. Re: Steam Guard Scam Warning Apr 18, 2014, 12:07 HorrorScope

Necrophob wrote on Apr 18, 2014, 10:52:
Empathy involves being able to see yourself in the same situation as the person in question, and feeling for their pain. But I can't, cause I'm not a moron.

I had a cousin that thought the same thing, he was all that. About 1-2 years out of H.S. he now knows he's not all that. A real smart person though could imagine being dumb, hence put themselves in their shoes.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 18, 2014, 11:23 HorrorScope

Intel... lol. You wouldn't say.  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Apr 17, 2014, 17:49 HorrorScope

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 17:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 17:32:
Beamer wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 10:57:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 10:55:
Good. The faster you get all of Wall Street out of all the games... the better.

The article isn't saying that at all. It's saying that the stocks will fall, not that the companies will go private.

Right. But I'm still good with what I wrote, the more the stock market isn't involved with the games the better. Them not making bank on wall street all the while pandering to them... since that isn't paying off, just listen to the buyers. Games and Wall Street barely mix. Jim Cramer knows this to and regularly tells us on his show.

Jim Cramer also said things were looking great months before the 2008 crash. But he is humble about it now.

Right he's not perfect, I think we know nobody is. But he doesn't trust game stocks, he's been right on that one.

Regarding your 2008 comment, my uncle was a broken record repeating... "Never sell economic fear to the masses" you'll put everyone in a panic and they'll tighten up their wallets creating an economic issue, a self fulfilling prophecy. Perhaps Jim knows the best way to weather economic storms is not to panic and that was his thinking then.

3375 Comments. 169 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo