Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5247 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > GMG Arkham Knight Refunds
27. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 19:32 HorrorScope

Krovven wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 18:49:
He isn't talking black and whites. This isn't ALL about the game. There are problems, yes. It needs optimization, yes. But there is a vocal minority just trolling this shit to make things worse or at least appear worse than they actually are. Others are just dumb and follow along.

What does that matter? Who made who? The bad port is what triggered whatever has come its way. I think most are dumb pre-ordering when the series even though their 4th attempt, hasn't imo had one great launch. But then now they do have Steam Insurance where they haven't in the past. It still goes back to whoever is in charge of this, that is where the problem lies, if it brings trolls, well they invited them. 12 people 8 weeks, 12 people maybe, 8 weeks? GTFO!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 18:30 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 17:39:
Well, lets actually be honest here. Let be really, really clear: A HUGE PART OF THIS FIASCO is the typical PC community cry-baby motherfucking whining. "I want a great looking game to run great on my 2+ years old rig!". Let it be known that the game is gorgeous -- is this mentioned anywhere? The amount of detail is crazy amazing. People with a killer GPU and SSD run this game smoothly too (me too I expect if I redownload it). So is it really such a fiasco? Lets get our feet on the ground and chew on it for a minute... Because, fuck me, the game is gorgeous.

In the days before refunds, this would've been a period of whining.. then a patch.. then everybody happy. Today it's people going crazy, a company getting hit so hard it falls to its knees, and a patch that makes everybody happy except for the company who's rep is raped.

I just don't like this.

Oh your playing the cry baby card to!

Lets see my 2 year old HW is stronger than a console and it seems no matter how low some go with settings it just isn't preforming like it should. Bad port is bad. No need imo to defend, they've admitted and pulled it down while it gets reworked.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 25, 2015, 18:26 HorrorScope

They dream of it, but then the inevitable happens... Can we program that in? No one raises hand. lol  

9. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 15:34 HorrorScope

Drazula wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 14:09:
siapnar wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 12:50:
Sales suspended, refunds... I can't remember the last time a launch was this bad. I'm kinda surprised it's coming in the form of Arkham Knight
There have been plenty, but rather than step up and do the right thing, they followed the "DENY anything is wrong" script. You've heard it before - "a few players are having issues", " problems with configurations outside the recommended specs" etc.

Yeah that is the line, "A small % of users...", we'd never know, so they use that. Good point.

I'm starting to think I maybe able to get a refund even though I haven't bought the game. Buying a PC batman game day one had red flags, they've had issues with all of them at release, this may be the greatest, but this hasn't been a clean release series. Getting it as a freebie from VideoCard maker, perhaps some should go there and see if they can get something out of them!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2015, 15:25 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 14:25:
As I understand it, there are two laws. One is for idiots that point lasers and aircraft to see what happens. Even people that do it multiple times. That's the lesser crime, and the max sentence is 5 years. Then there is a law for people who point lasers at aircraft with the intention of crashing them. That's the greater crime. The judge applied the wrong law to the case, and gave him an inappropriate sentence. Is the guy an asshole? Sure. Did the punishment fit the crime? I argued back when this story broke that it did not, and it still does not. It's the right call.

I'm not a judge nor play one on TV, seems somewhat inline to me. But also whatevah's dude done stupid shit, now your at the mercy of others.

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2015, 13:41 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 11:28:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 10:57:
14 years was crazy, you should get something no doubt, but it imo needs to be reasonable.

Did you read what he did? He repeatedly tried to blind a pilot of an emergency rescue chopper for a kids hospital. That pilot called it in to the police and FAA. Then when the police chopper responded he hit that multiple times too. Do you still think 14 years is too much with some actual context? It doesn't sound unreasonable in the circumstance to me.

Yeah probably still, but more compelling I grant you. Hit him with 3 years, unless he wants to be in the big-house forever, I'd think it would be leason learned. I'll state I don't know enough to really make a solid call, is the person insane, evil? I dunno. Both courts heard the case, know more, funny how wildly they disagree with sentence. Still no one died, to me that factors in, lot of what I read were heart strings, do you factor them or have to put them asside and go with overall results?

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2015, 10:57 HorrorScope

14 years was crazy, you should get something no doubt, but it imo needs to be reasonable.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Details; Patch Plans
3. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion Details; Patch Plans Jun 25, 2015, 10:20 HorrorScope

Good options for sure, now with the all the options given if AI is good you can play pretty much real-time and with current options turn-based, to satisfy most. We need DA:I to add AI.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended
8. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended Jun 25, 2015, 10:15 HorrorScope

Pigeon wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 09:54:
Hopefully this gets resolved, I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum and City I'd hate to see a good series turned into shit. Though it's sounding like they've taken a step back in game play too. Can anyone that can get it working (more or less as it should) confirm the game-play isn't as good?

There have been plenty of PS4 gamers who state the game is fantastic.

To me a strafing car is a turn off.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended
7. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended Jun 25, 2015, 10:13 HorrorScope

gravity wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 09:11:
I've said it elsewhere on these forums, I'll say it once more:

I'm very proud of you all. We stood up, as a community, and fought for our dignity, and won this fight.

Gotta pick and choose our battles in the future though, I feel. Let's not get too picky about minor things and focus on the important ones.

How about it happened because it was that bad and in the future if another "that bad" happens yes expect the same. If it is a normal little buggy release, don't expect this. It wasn't like anyone organized this beyond have a shitty release, reading a few forums to see if alone or not and then taking advantage of one's new ability for a refund. I'm of the belief people pay for a good game to play and not pay to refund.

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
27. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 24, 2015, 21:11 HorrorScope

DarkCntry wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:10:
Ranger55 wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:28:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:01:
Game runs perfectly fine for me on a 980GTX and an old i7 3770k.
I feel sorry for the people who are having issues but I've been enjoying every minute of the game.

Same here. Running everything turned up @ 1080p without any issues. 980GTX on an old Phenom II 970 w/ 16GB of RAM running Win7.

My streak of being a golden unicorn that shits rainbows continues, I haven't had an issue one with the game running 1080p/60-ish (ish only cause it runs average 80) for 21 hours. 980GTX, 5930K, and 16GB RAM...

Maybe it's the 16gb of ram???

26. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 21:10 HorrorScope

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 20:58:
WB has just suspended all sales of the game. Just unbelievable. Of course they won't issue refunds, as they have our money.

I got a refund from Steam, and will pirate this game.

And currently that is a fail as well, you can still add it to the cart... I assume the transaction will go through. Next time suspend first then do the presser.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jun 24, 2015, 19:43 HorrorScope

Krovven wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 17:27:
I found this snippet interesting.

It seems like Tale of Tales survived through all these years mostly due to the governmental grants. When that ended, the studio decided to make their first commercial game, and thatís how Sunset was born.

So, they survived off tax payers money in the name of making art. When that went away they tried to make a "commercial" video game and failed, so they lash out and blame it on the consumers.

/facepalm They pulled an Uwe Boll.

I'll leave this here for you all that haven't seen it. It's gold. fuck you all from Uwe Boll

I'm convinced a good amount of owners are bi-polar assholes with a hint of psychoticism. They don't even know it, they can't work for anyone else, thus can only be owners... or welfare if they can qualify. Fits perfect for their little story.

18. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 19:03 HorrorScope

Cmdr Shepard's Pie wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 17:46:
With Origin and Steam offering refunds now, and the public outcry over this game's PC problems, I hope it'll send a message to game makers we won't tolerate this. Unfortunately, companies may also look at this and further sink into "putting games out on PC isn't worth the cost/hassle" self-delusion.

I'm good with the later to, then don't, if you aren't going to try, then don't do it. We have other things we can buy. I'm not begging for anyone to make a PC game.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
43. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 17:56 HorrorScope

"It's a shame because after messing around with some ini tweaks"

And funny this is something they tell you not to do. It is as if they are trying to prove some point to other publishers don't make PC ports, then gamers will come back to consoles.

23. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 12:04 HorrorScope

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 11:17:
Another real world reason for not pre-ordering or buying Early Access.

True, but if purchasing from Steam, you now have the refunds to save you, perfect example on why it was needed and this truly will help Steam's Customer Support approval.

11. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 10:01 HorrorScope

Yep this one will now go on the list of all time bad releases, this is what it will forever be known for. I wonder if there will be a turn towards the graphics cards companies giving this away with a purchase promotion?  

News Comments > Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement
23. Re: Batman Arkham Knight Release Announcement Jun 23, 2015, 20:29 HorrorScope

^Got it, yes different.  

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Jun 23, 2015, 20:28 HorrorScope

I was thinking the could randomly start taking away 1 game every day you haven't played and hope you don't notice and soon you'd have no backlog. Then once a month randomly put one back on your list.

Hey, it's as good as this dude shot in the dark.

lol

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Pricing Adjusted
17. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Pricing Adjusted Jun 23, 2015, 20:22 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 20:19:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 18:25:
Ceribaen wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 17:45:
Would it really hurt them that much to have three total SKUs?
1. Expansion plus Base game for 49.99
2. Expansion only for 39.99
3. Keep base game SKU active at 14.99

I've been mildly paying attention to this, but your #3. to me alludes to if I don't buy the expansion GW 2 the base game no longer works?

As for refunding people that bought it recently, that seems pretty fair.

Absolutely not. You aren't required to buy the expansion, you just won't have access to the new features.

Right. Not sure why he listed #3.

5247 Comments. 263 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo