Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3592 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 17:12 HorrorScope

BitWraith wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 15:54:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 11:31:
BitWraith wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 09:52:
"Nintendo, Microsoft in no hurry to follow Sony into virtual reality."

Probably wise. oculus looks cool to mess around with for a few minutes, but I can't imagine spending any appreciable amount of time using it.

But what about all the people that love it that have used it?

The only question I have for the Consoles is do they have the horse power? If the PS4 does and it works well, it will be a win and another MS miss. They seem to think they are good at catching up when they sit on the sidelines, I'm not so sure.

I used and loved motion controls at one time as well. Now I can't stand them.

Right and one time I liked watching movies and I still do. I used to play golf, haven't in years. I used to not like oysters and now I do. Who's to say if we will like, how we will like and how long we might like until we get our hands on it with some time.

I'll go with this simple reason why it can work. I think a lot of players like to be immersed into their game. If this can help that as much as many think it can, well gameplay has just been enhanced.

3D movies are more of a neat effect, you don't get much more immersed in it. Being simply a good movie can simply pull you in, screen size doesn't even matter. However being in a 3D world in which you can move freely about, surrounded visually in, that holds some promise.

By the way I was never sold on motion controllers, I think in the right setup they can work. That said, I am about having the proper UI peripheral for the right genre. Steering Wheel - Driving. Joystick - Flight. FPS - M/K. RTS - M/K. Sports - Pad. Motion Controller, I can see something like dancing, perhaps even a rod for golfing perhaps.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 17:07 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 16:17:
Uh huh, sure it's here to stay, just like 3D. Rolleyes Good thing you're not an investment counselor.

At least I keep the mind of it could go either way, you just simply want something to be a certain way and hope it is.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 17, 2014, 14:35 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 12:25:
Why do people watch these people on Youtube? Never mind. Why do people watch day time talk shows and soap operas and reality TV?

Because they like VR glasses!!!

As to the OP, good luck it still takes a clever gimmick/package for it to work.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 12:48 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 12:13:
Because people are easily amused and love the experience of any new toy. And what happens to most of them? They end up collecting dust in short order. Christ, if you can make a fortune selling pet rocks and bottled water you know people will buy anything. MS is actually being smart for once. They tried to force Kinect on people and look how that worked out. VR will be no different.

I picture you as a cyclops why you immediately don't like tech without even experiencing it. Always comparing it to flat screen 3d TV/Movies. Some same traits, but several that are different.

There are a lot of people that have a lot of exp. with tech and games who see this and can see it isn't a toy or gimmick or at least they believe it isn't one.

FWIW I was out front in the 3d video cards many didn't see it, that one worked out. On the missed side for me, I was hoping that physics cards could have moved us further ahead as well, it didn't happen. That said, I'm not always on the "ooh it's new so it's cool", I have never owned a 3D TV/player, went to about three 3D movies. I just feel there is plenty of difference between TV and games.

I'm going to support something that can moves us forward. We've been doing the same thing for going on 15 years now. I think it is the reason why a lot of us look cynical. Same ole over and over.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2014, 12:55.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 11:31 HorrorScope

BitWraith wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 09:52:
"Nintendo, Microsoft in no hurry to follow Sony into virtual reality."

Probably wise. oculus looks cool to mess around with for a few minutes, but I can't imagine spending any appreciable amount of time using it.

But what about all the people that love it that have used it?

The only question I have for the Consoles is do they have the horse power? If the PS4 does and it works well, it will be a win and another MS miss. They seem to think they are good at catching up when they sit on the sidelines, I'm not so sure.

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
24. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 16, 2014, 19:18 HorrorScope

"We're simply not interested in letting freeloaders gain early access to the game" - Yes words like that are always signs of huge success forthcoming. Can't get rid of stripes.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade
24. Re: Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade Jun 16, 2014, 15:53 HorrorScope

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 13:27:
Weirdly enough that graphics enhancement mod is also getting reports that it's fixing stuttering and improving performance for people. Makes you wonder wtf Ubi was doing.

Same shit happened with Skyrim, two community patches fixed long time issues they had with the engine.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage
9. Re: The Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage Jun 16, 2014, 14:33 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 14:09:
Looks same ole same to me -- a standard Witcher game with Geralt as usual.

I like the IP, and I'm sure the game will be good, but I didn't see anything special. What is it you guys liked so much?

Yeah in that vid it's pretty much right along with the past offerings, other vids have looked more epic in look and game-play. Not that this is bad, to me it doesn't knock my socks off though.

I hope we can hot-key the radial, having to pause and pick isn't the most immersive system. I'd rather just press 1-0 to change my magic.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
24. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 16, 2014, 12:42 HorrorScope

Agree Beamer. There are real qaulities to regular TV vs streaming. I pay the $$$ because I like it, I just don't want it to keep going up and up. I keep cutting when it hits that magical spot. So it's when they are basically offering me way to little for that spot is when I start to think real hard of OTA/Streaming only.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2014, 12:54.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 16, 2014, 12:34 HorrorScope

MS failure is now complete. They admit cloud = dedicated server. No magic, marketing spin. I do give them credit, that last time my CTO spoke he's still living by the "magic of the cloud" when speaking publicly. The all powerful Oz! Ohh!  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Ionball 2: Ionstorm
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Ionball 2: Ionstorm Jun 15, 2014, 23:25 HorrorScope

Well that's putting a new coat a paint on something old.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 15, 2014, 21:14 HorrorScope

Spektr wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 17:18:
Yeah that title surprised me too. Well the "cheaper" part at least. I was kinda assuming that it was a given that the next generation would be faster...

Could one imagine the backlash if it were slower. I'd say to them if they were thinking of doing that, don't, DO NOT. lol

13. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 15, 2014, 21:04 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 20:36:
Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 19:53:
If I only want a few channels a la carte why can't I have that? There's zero technical reason for it.

Zero technical reason, sure. How many channels do you want to choose from? As soon as you can go ala carte, a huge percentage of channels would die. When cable companies negotiate for a channel, say, ESPN, they have to pay for 30 OTHER channels as well or ESPN will say go fuck yourself.

Spot on. Basically ESPN, HBO, OTA and Netflix would be a very common setup. What would you expect to pay? Whatever that is, isn't enough for them to survive. They haven't been spending billions merging for a $25 spot.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2014, 21:12.

12. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 15, 2014, 21:02 HorrorScope

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 20:36:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 15:41:
Yeah but think about it, I'd like to abandonded:

Paying for power and having solar free-installed for me handle the job.

Depending on the size of the installation, there are many local, state and federal rebates and grants in the US that makes this possible as either a very low cost or almost wholly free install. This can be done, people have to stop being lazy asses and get informed about programs available to them in their area and what technology would suit their installation best.

For my area it's all free upfront, you pay 80% of your electricity bill today to pay it off 7-10 years and then you own it. Still very few jump at it and you can't get much more a sunny area then where I live. I don't totally understand why not, but I also don't trust door to door sales either by a 1/2 dozen solar salesmen. One reason I like what I have, there are no parts to break that I'd ever be on the hook for.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2014, 20:59 HorrorScope

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 19:00:
It isn't surprising people want to abandon an expense, but why is it an expense? Because we want what they offer.
Cable offers me nothing that I can't get somewhere else.

53% seem to act as if they are stuck having to use it.

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
40. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 15, 2014, 15:51 HorrorScope

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 14:15:
In the alpha you start at level 4 and you can only level to 8, so it's pretty limited. You can't really get a sense of what the story is.

How about how it is presented, that was more my wondering?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 15, 2014, 15:49 HorrorScope

I didn't read NVidia was going to charge us less. Just perhaps cheaper for them to make. We'll see.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 15, 2014, 15:45 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 13:58:
"We'll just let the NSA look into them."

Yeah we can't help but think there is a loop hole here, NSA, hired 3rd Party no named MS. It's what they get when we are lied to, trust is hard to gain back.

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 15, 2014, 15:41 HorrorScope

Yeah but think about it, I'd like to abandonded:

Paying for power and having solar free-installed for me handle the job.

I'd like to abandon my car payment, my mortgage, me cell phone, or at least be a lot less in cost.

It isn't surprising people want to abandon an expense, but why is it an expense? Because we want what they offer.

Now we know the people we are dealing with are shitheads and all, but there is a cost to all of this. Their service and maint, their overhead, studio fee's etc. It perhaps could be cheaper, then their employees will take another round of cutback.

Probably a more reasonable solution is we need jobs that pay better in general and have real room for cost of living increases.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 15, 2014, 15:32 HorrorScope

OP and the like, what I read is "Do it the way we tell you and not the way you feel". It's capitalism and people are speaking with their dollars. Obviously there is a strong desire for a open world sandbox survival game, people are out sampling, trying to find what they are looking for, que the U2 song... Also they can buy 4 of these for the price of one AA, in hopes to land a good one. I personally find it fun trying out different builds with the one's I have chosen to support.

IMO big difference knowing and playing something in development vs a company thinking they have released a finished product that is all buggy and little to no support is coming our way.

3592 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo