Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5137 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Controller Video
8. Re: Steam Controller Video Jun 5, 2015, 10:39 HorrorScope

I'll buy one for sure and try out, probably will be a common theme for many.

I'm still not sure why it is assumed a mouse on the couch can't work. Today's mice work well on a couch, they scroll and track smoothly on the cushion next to you.

It's the off-hand that we need more choices. You don't want the keyboard, that is what doesn't work well on a couch. A Nostromo is good, but there could be even a better designed off-hand controllers. Perhaps the controller Valve is working on for VR will be a good off-hand to couple with a mouse on the couch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 4, 2015, 18:51 HorrorScope

Space Invaders
Combat

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 4, 2015, 15:18 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 14:53:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 10:54:
That study has to be wrong. Then why not buses? Why not the passengers in current cars? Why not are current self driving cars, monorails?

Yeah, I don't really feel that this is going to be much worse than it currently is for people who are largely passengers. My kids have no trouble reading or gaming on long car trips, while my wife can't even check the map for 30s without getting ill. So, that status quo will remain.

In fact, you could just program the car to accelerate and turn more smoothly than a human, which should help reduce the issue.

Yep.

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 4, 2015, 15:17 HorrorScope

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 14:26:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 10:54:
That study has to be wrong. Then why not buses? Why not the passengers in current cars? Why not are current self driving cars, monorails?

I get motion sick on the bus all the time. I never do when I drive. Sometime when someone else drives. You're not expecting the motions of the vehicle or the actions of the driver as much when you're a passenger. That's what I've always attributed it to. I have not clicked the link yet though.

Edit - and apparently that's exactly what the article states as well. Interesting.

Right there are always some, but to think this is something most would suffer, if so buses etc would have never worked. Or even more than a 1-seater vehicle.

News Comments > Steam Machine Preorders
10. Re: Steam Machine Preorders Jun 4, 2015, 14:59 HorrorScope

MajorD wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 13:40:
I know that sounds like a PC Elitist attitude, but I just prefer a PC/KB+M for gaming.

And alt-tabbing and using a mouse with a state of the art browser/apps that's pretty important as well.

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale Begins
26. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Begins Jun 4, 2015, 12:57 HorrorScope

Saboth wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 20:33:
saluk wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 13:52:
Xero wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 10:01:
Man, I'm so picky with trying to have all my games under 1 umbrella, that being Steam. I hate to see such great deals that I pass up on just because of this. Oh well, first world problems.

Just keep track of where you buy things. A spreadsheet works for this, then you just do a quick search for the game and you know where to look. Even put the game page urls in there - it doesn't take a lot of work to maintain, and it frees you from the shackles of the evil locked in digital stores.

It's scary how easily and often people give up their freedom for convenience.

Well Steam (add game) or a games folder of the Desktop keeps the one click dream alive, for any and all games.

Lol, sounds like work. No, literally, sounds like part of what I do at work. No thanks, I just want to click one client, play a game for a bit, shower, then head to bed.

25. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Begins Jun 4, 2015, 12:56 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 14:12:
It's not just a hypothetical. I lost access to a shitload of games when Direct2Drive sold a few years back. Only about half my games transferred with the sale.

Hmmm. I bought a few there, what I have is the download and a key, seems all that is needed. Or are you talking about you downloaded it and then didn't keep a copy of the download and not able to re-obtain the download since they are gone? In that case wouldn't it be the same of GOG if you downloaded the game, didn't back it up somewhere, they go out of business and wala no game? Update me.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 4, 2015, 12:43 HorrorScope

We're way past talking about it at this point. Do.

Good news for pc gamers, we don't need you so you aren't really a burden, you're just not relevant beyond supplying the O/S.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
82. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 20:35 HorrorScope

shihonage wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 19:55:
One day I'll get the refund for my Fallout 3 Steam purchase. One day.

Meanwhile, never again.

______

And Fallout 3 was not an open-world game. It's time people grew up and realized that an open-world game which forces you through a specific series of checkpoint without any real variability on choice or sequence, is not open at all.

Games like GTA series, Far Cry series, and Bethesda's latest are not open-world games at all. They only let you be somewhere where you want to be, as long as your actions carry no consequence on anything real, i.e. the story.

They're LARPing simulators which from time to time remind you your place as the passive observer, by straitjacketing you into a linear story checkpoint.

To me it was open world, in life if you want to be part of the story you have to be where it is happening. You could go off in left field do some sides but at some point you have to get involved and play the story out, I don't agree with your point.

38. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 13:21 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 13:13:
Hahaha fuck offfff with that crazy fanboy excitement! I'm sorry, I really don't want to sound like a troll, but we all knew FO4 was happening already and all we really wanted to see was something impressive. And truly, do not lie to yourself: this was not impressive.

If someone showed me this and told me it was some awesome mod community putting great time and love in a FO4 mod for Skyrim, I think I might have believed it.

It looks almost exactly like what I thought it would. Good thing I play old-school remake games and gfx aren't everything. But we can all like and dislike what we want. I think it looks good, I'll get killer frames, so hopefully there is a VR option, I'll get a good 75fps with this game under that environment.

Things I'd like to see Bethesda do before pushing GFX to bleeding edge:

1. Better UI for PC.
2. Better Animations.
3. More voice actors.
4. No loads on entering buildings.
5. Better working Pip-Boy TB mechanic.

13. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Begins Jun 3, 2015, 12:22 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 10:54:
If Steams customer service didn't suck ass, I might feel more confident with them. But all I hear from people contacting support is tickets that are never answered, or unhelpful responses.

So I'll keep throwing money at gog in the meantime.

Oh, that seems like a different point then originally portrayed. The only time I had to contact them was for a refund by email, went ok'ish. But with the new policy hopefully that will be a bit improved.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Closed Beta Tomorrow
4. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Closed Beta Tomorrow Jun 3, 2015, 12:07 HorrorScope

WaltC wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 19:25:
I am upset at the wasted opportunity to take what they learned with M&M X and move ahead in that direction--Heroes of M&M VII is a completely different sort of game with much different mechanics & engine requirements. I thought they made a great start with M&MX,

There are completely separate lines of M&M. This continued on the HOMM lineage. I hoped there was a follow up to M&M X, but this would never have been that. These ass fucks don't have a clue on what they are doing the any thing with M&M in it, clueless, like Wizards of the Coast clueless.

28. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 12:04 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 12:01:
Thriving retro-futuristic cities with jet-powered zeppelins? One of the appeals of post-apocalypse - particularly the original games - was that everything was grim and hard to come by.

I assume as the time advances civilization starts to piece itself back together.

24. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 11:59 HorrorScope

I assume they use Gamebryo until otherwise state. I personally like it, I don't blame poor animations on Gamebryo as I've seen Gamebryo games with good animations. We also are watching low bit rate youtube and we'll... there will be mods for gfx to bring it up to whatever today's standards are if the game itself doesn't have them. IMO overall we get good visuals, good streaming performance, good fps with their engine and Skyrim updates has made their take on Gamebryo much more stable, at least for most it seems. I'd say one thing I'd love to see, no loads entering a building, you can open the door from the outside, look in and walk in, no loads, no bullshit. That would be sweet.

My fav part of the video 1:29, like the gov't would have a billboard with a happy face of people walking in droves to a fallout shelter. Oh yes... good times had by all!!!

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 3, 2015, 10:54 HorrorScope

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 3, 2015, 10:38 HorrorScope

They only stopped being worst because someone found a way to go lower.

Yes Spanky.

Read article, it sucks and the author duped himself. Reasons why EA was bad... felt more like a business than a company that delivers entertainment. Guess how he decided EA improved? Profit and Wall Street Gain.

Also forgot to mention 3 biggies of why they fell:
Online Only
Early Retirement of products/servers
Bugs

And all 3 of those are still present.

Fail article.

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2015, 10:49.

4. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Begins Jun 3, 2015, 10:34 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 10:16:
I've been buying more gog lately, not only for it's exclusives, but the fear that one day steam will finally do something unforgivable and I'll be done with it.

I get your point, but take this outside of gaming to security/news/terrorism that is pushed on us. How many people live in fear over what if's? I can't believe I know people, I'd had assume it was just few, but there are many. I have to compartmentalize this the same way. I just have to live outside of these fears, to me it would be a bit batty otherwise.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 2, 2015, 18:17 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 14:24:
linking some childish liberal blogs

Funny as I grew up I realized I was saying one thing and doing another.

Saying "People are different"
Doing "Not respecting that"

In time I trained myself to respect it and then I saw one party of assimilation and another of inclusion. Overall I had this ideal drive my ideology the most, not totally, just the most. I feel it is a critical point and tends to affect many things in life. One is impossible to obtain on Earth, the other is pretty much the reality of Earth.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter
22. Re: The Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Jun 2, 2015, 17:41 HorrorScope

Brumbek wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 13:54:
Just backed at $20 since I've been thinking of buying Wasteland 2 for quite a while now (didn't have time to play before so didn't buy). So basically I'm getting Bard's Tale IV for free considering I was going to buy Wasteland 2 for about $20 when the GOTY update came out.

Same, it was more than a good deal if one was wanting Wasteland 2. I was sitting back waiting for the near final patches.

News Comments > Steam Expands Refund Policy
27. Re: Steam Expands Refund Policy Jun 2, 2015, 17:26 HorrorScope

Good deal. The reasons why I want a refund rarely happens, but it is nice to know a refund will be on the way when I use it.  

5137 Comments. 257 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo