Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3385 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November
51. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:48 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on May 2, 2014, 15:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:56:
Does nobody ever wonder why we don't have such charismatic speakers in the real world?

What? For all his faults, Obama is a terrific speaker.

I think what he meant was substance as well as delivery. Obama is more delivery than anything, which is better than what we had previous, that person had no business talking in public imo.

Also raise your hand... Who thought when they saw "The following was captured on a Xbox One" said to themselves "What I see next will be the worst it will look for next-gen and PC", lol.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November
30. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 13:41 HorrorScope

I have no clue how good this will be or not, but I have to agree with some of his speech there.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2014, 13:04 HorrorScope

The Portland Water story is really a major face palmer for me.

Wildlife urinate and die in it. Is this water not treated before it goes into the pipe system? It should be and if it is, it is because an open air resevoir is open air and needs final filtration. This has to be the stupidest situation in quite a spell and there has to be some real politics behind this one. There is something else going on here.

Then the part of it being destroyed... lol it all goes back into the earth at the very least and will be back filtered. Wherever this is, it will now be pissed in 10 fold now because of this silly news.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. May 2, 2014, 12:58 HorrorScope

11.6 billion should be loose change for Wall Street.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse May 2, 2014, 12:53 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 1, 2014, 12:51:
How many of you email your elected reps to gripe about this stuff?

I take a shot of whiskey, that equals the same thing, right?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
58. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 2, 2014, 12:50 HorrorScope

Kawlisse wrote on May 2, 2014, 05:39:
KilrathiAce wrote on May 2, 2014, 02:58:
So basically people are playing alpha early access and maybe in half a year or more this game will reach waht it should be at release date for the price people paid for.

If it wasnt for the name recognition this mmo would be long forgotten.

??? Like every freaking mmo dude,

I agree with both, you should wait a solid 6 months if you want a nice smooth experience with a MMO. This one with invisi party members though takes the cake in needing to wait on my end.

To me the only big win jumping in early is getting to exploit the game in small or large manners which will be patched and balanced out. So if you want to be a wheel in a MMO it is best to start asap. Since I have ADHD, I don't stick nor pretend I'll ever be one of those players. There has yet to be THEE GAME made.

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
53. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 2, 2014, 12:45 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 2, 2014, 01:22:
HorrorScope wrote on May 1, 2014, 19:05:
Cutter wrote on May 1, 2014, 15:29:
That's it in a nutshell. Regardless how people feel about Zenimax, if they're correct they very much have a very legal leg to stand on.

IMO you say that because you don't like the product to begin with and want it dead.

If either side is correct they have a leg to stand on. Goes without saying.

No I say it because it's factual. I have nothing against Occulus. I think that VR is a waste of time and money overall just like 3D.

Right you don't like the product. You have nothing against it other than considering a waste of time and money. Sort of like rubbing someone out and saying "It's nothing personal, just business".

45. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 22:59 HorrorScope

I felt the combat model could be better than Skyrim. To me all ES's were weak in this dept. Having some alternate skills to choose is better. Hopefully the next SP ES will have a nice large Skill Bar.

(Wanted to add, yes there are many that still play and love MMO's, but there is also a large crowd of us chasing perhaps something we cannot regain.)

42. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 21:00 HorrorScope

To last posters. A big part of this is "It's your first MMO", MMO's are like LSD, the more you do them, the less they give out always wanting more and not getting it. Eventually quitting.

For many MMO'ers we searching possibly for something we'll never get back. The first golden years of MMO'ing. Enjoy the ride. I'm certain your first MMO was a better MMO than my first.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse May 1, 2014, 19:19 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 1, 2014, 18:26:
Leave it to the gun nuts to threaten to kill people for making a safer gun. It's always struck me as the people that are most rabidly pro-gun are the people who should least have them.

Enough of them for certain.

37. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 19:12 HorrorScope

gravity wrote on May 1, 2014, 14:33:
It's all the same 'ol thing to me after a decade and a half of MMOs.

To me it doesn't take long at all to figure that out, since its been done over and over 100's of times now.

36. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 19:11 HorrorScope

Alamar wrote on May 1, 2014, 13:46:
My take is that both yourself, and the players he asked, are ignorant...

If you haven't experienced an issue, and give people an answer based on that, doesn't that make you a fanboy, a shill, or just a human?

When I read the specific line in question, my first thought was... Why bother, it works well enough as it is... And like most other games that have used this technology (City of Heroes, Conan, etc). There's already options in place for players to correct the situation

I'll right... I'll bite... entertain me.

1. What is the process to fix the issue they mention which is elegant? This isn't the same as simply jump to the same instance of the other player and continue. When you are on a mission with several parts and if grouped players get out of synch on those parts, they become invisible to one another until they get lined back up, sometimes it got downright complicated figuring out. Probably why it's not overly bitched about is another phenomenon of soloing a MMO for many, there you wouldn't see it.

2. I played a lot of COH in my time, never had an issue where players in my group were ever invisible. Not sure how it relates.

To me there shouldn't have to be a process, if I'm grouped, I should always see them if I'm right next to them. This was the first game I've noticed this phasing/invsi issue.

This comment was edited on May 1, 2014, 19:17.

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
37. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 19:05 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 1, 2014, 15:29:
That's it in a nutshell. Regardless how people feel about Zenimax, if they're correct they very much have a very legal leg to stand on.

IMO you say that because you don't like the product to begin with and want it dead.

If either side is correct they have a leg to stand on. Goes without saying.

This comment was edited on May 1, 2014, 19:21.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation May 1, 2014, 14:05 HorrorScope

Chinese McGee!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 1, 2014, 11:06 HorrorScope

But haven't we already had slow and fast lanes for years?  

7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 10:55 HorrorScope

Rossini wrote on May 1, 2014, 10:48:
Stanly Manly wrote on May 1, 2014, 10:38:
HorrorScope wrote on May 1, 2014, 10:23:
A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases.

This was my #1 issue why I wouldn't consider it, not saying the only one. But man I asked over and over and players said "It was fixed", obviously it's not since it's on their list. Man it sucks when the player base can't be straight with direct questions.

Fanboys and shills... fanboys and shills...

Don't ever expect a real answer from the kinds of "players" who sing the praises of games like this.

Actually it is 'partially' fixed. I've not had a problem in group dungeons all the way through level 50. It is, however, still broken out in the regular world. And it's beginning to look, to me at least, to be a design flaw.

Well for me that is still considered broken, there is a lot of "open world" gaming and it was stupid how grouped players couldn't see one another. Talk about a level of confusion not needed nor seen in other mmo's.

Reading the list it sounds like it could be solid with all that implemented.

2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 10:23 HorrorScope

A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases.

This was my #1 issue why I wouldn't consider it, not saying the only one. But man I asked over and over and players said "It was fixed", obviously it's not since it's on their list. Man it sucks when the player base can't be straight with direct questions.

News Comments > Disney Infinity 2.0 with Marvel Super Heroes This Fall
3. Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 with Marvel Super Heroes This Fall Apr 30, 2014, 20:22 HorrorScope

This is a total mind game.

Think about it, you can get Marvel Lego's with a 100 characters to play with in a more exciting world. You don't have to buy inanimate figurines and put them on a plate to play them.

To me it's unbelievable that some people imo fall for this. If the game didn't have inanimate objects on a platter these people wouldn't have bought it. But what in God's name does a inanimate figurine on a platter do for anyone but cost them $$$ to unlock a character to play with? Then all of that poop is wrapped into a very shallow game that without these figurines on a platform the game play is about a 2 out of 10 an would be universally panned.

The Lego games are better all around.

I have a friend that loves Disney, doesn't like video game but went all in on this. I think they played it one evening and felt meh about it, I think they realized they fell victim to cool looking figurines pretty quick. Started with 6 right off the bat, never got another.

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
4. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Apr 29, 2014, 19:40 HorrorScope

What about 30 a week now?

I also know games like Dark Age of Camelot and Ultima Online (both in this batch) scream Greenlight candidates to me.

News Comments > EVGA Watch Dogs Offer
3. Re: EVGA Watch Dogs Offer Apr 29, 2014, 19:29 HorrorScope

More or less an Nvidia offer, this extends well beyond the EVGA borders.  

3385 Comments. 170 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo