Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5601 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2015, 09:58 HorrorScope

Woohoo! D:OS2 topped 2 million, covering all stretch goals. They've heard and accepted their mod tools were to cryptic, have hired a few people just to make sure they are much better for the public. and with DM tools on top that... the next hope.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2015, 20:19 HorrorScope

Last hours for D:OS 2 Kickstarter. We are getting real close to the Dungeon Master feature Stretch Goal at 2 mil.

That will really add more to the DnD feel. We've already blown way past the improved mod tool. If not Sword Coast, then perhaps this, this being Turn Based is better any way.

News Comments > WildStar Free-to-Play Launches
25. Re: WildStar Free-to-Play Launches Sep 29, 2015, 18:08 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 16:05:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 16:01:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 11:25:
Which "Free To Play" model is this like?

1. Guild Wars 2 (Best)
2. Star Wars: The Old Republic (Okay)
3. Lord of the Rings Online (Horrible)

I'm thinking it's going to be like LOTRO, but hoping for SWTOR model.

Not sure how GW's is even in a FTP list, since it isn't FTP.

Marvel/POE's are pretty nice.

Maybe you missed it, the whole base game of GW2 is free now.

Thanks for reminder, that did slip my mind.

News Comments > WildStar Free-to-Play Launches
20. Re: WildStar Free-to-Play Launches Sep 29, 2015, 16:01 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 11:25:
Which "Free To Play" model is this like?

1. Guild Wars 2 (Best)
2. Star Wars: The Old Republic (Okay)
3. Lord of the Rings Online (Horrible)

I'm thinking it's going to be like LOTRO, but hoping for SWTOR model.

Not sure how GW's is even in a FTP list, since it isn't FTP.

Marvel/POE's are pretty nice.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 28, 2015, 21:13 HorrorScope

Everything is so high level and no real details, somehow the think they can just keep it there and really satisfy those with questions.

-"We're learning how to explain all this to customers," Myerson told CNNMoney

Wan't there something in the EULA stating they can basically use anything without permission that they collect?

They're still learning...

News Comments > Chris Avellone Writing for Divinity: Original Sin II
3. Re: Chris Avellone Writing for Divinity: Original Sin II Sep 25, 2015, 10:18 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 10:16:
I thought the dialogue in D:OS was dreadful so this can only be an improvement.

Interested to see what EE brings, they are talking big about added story, redone story and a large new ending.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's World Announced
7. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's World Announced Sep 16, 2015, 11:26 HorrorScope

I'm sure this guy is now independently wealthy and has a better pov in determining if what he did with releases were correct or not. I assume he went with the "strike while hot" method. I'm sure his bank account isn't arguing. Personally my gut said he did the right thing, he's an Indy, things are different. He answers to no one.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 15, 2015, 21:09 HorrorScope

It failed for a lot of reasons. All of those were told ahead of time but the company nor fanboys cared. The spying a cherry on top, it failed well before that. I'd say overselling it was the biggest mistake PR wise, people don't like their intelligence insulted and it never overcame the Milo lie. The 2nd generation had no chance, minds were made.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 15, 2015, 20:34 HorrorScope

A whole lot of shit in this grouping of articles.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
35. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 10, 2015, 23:41 HorrorScope

mark gil wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 19:29:
"But there is no reason to blur the facts of one is totally socially acceptable (meat eater) and one is totally unacceptable socially, animal cruelty. Most meat eaters want humane slaughtering conditions.

There is nothing wrong imo being a vegan, to those congrats you are ahead of your time. But we are fighting 1000's of years of conditioning. Perhaps in another 100 it will be that way. But to think this compares to something that is still socially a-ok, uh no."

not too long ago human slavery also used to be socially acceptable-does that make it morally justifable also? there is no humane way to kill someone who wants to live. if you would not wish to experience something yourself, how is it ethical to force others to do so-especially in the name of a momentary taste sensation?

the lady in this story is using the exact same justifications for her actions that people who choose to consume flesh, dairy and eggs use to try and justify theirs. in both cases the interests of the helpless, innocent victims are deemed less important that those commiting the violence in the name of pleasure and profit.

btw, choosing to be vegan is no more ahead of time than choosing not to do what the lady in the story was convicted of. harming and killing non-human animals for one's own personal gratification is the very LEAST one can do.

Slavery is still acceptable some places, but far from the point.

Today eating meat is socially acceptable, perhaps someday it won't be that isn't today. Animal Cruelty is out today.

I'm cool with both sides because I believe in a universal truth, people are different. I'm not going to parade that everyone should be one way or the other. It ain't happening.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 10, 2015, 22:11 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 21:50:
harlock wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 21:27:
really? and what do you have for breakfast? ooh ooh!! where do you shop for clothes?

WE NEED THIS IMPORTANT INFO IMMEDIATELY!!

Meh, he made a relevant point: there are ways to not have to deal with Windows.

I guess Gabe did have some inside info.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 10, 2015, 19:39 HorrorScope

Sheesh.  

29. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 10, 2015, 18:31 HorrorScope

mark gil wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 08:15:
So many people insist they are against animal abuse, cruelty, suffering and the inhumane treatment of animals, yet they dont understand they are actively engaging in and supporting egregious suffering, abuse, cruelty and inhumane treatment when they eat animals and their by-products. If you are against cruelty, suffering and inhumane treatment, then you go vegan. Its just that simple. - Sarah Kiser
youtube.com/watch?v=AtWO83pf3Mc

Perhaps in a perfect world.

But there is no reason to blur the facts of one is totally socially acceptable (meat eater) and one is totally unacceptable socially, animal cruelty. Most meat eaters want humane slaughtering conditions.

There is nothing wrong imo being a vegan, to those congrats you are ahead of your time. But we are fighting 1000's of years of conditioning. Perhaps in another 100 it will be that way. But to think this compares to something that is still socially a-ok, uh no.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 10, 2015, 10:29 HorrorScope

US #1. Israel #2.... figures, same people calling the shots.  

24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 10, 2015, 00:30 HorrorScope

Honestly if that lady or anyone that does that shit is in my presence and I know it, all bets off. And goes in line of what I mention elsewhere, Mike Vick best hope there is no video of he and his groups action towards dogs.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2015, 22:31 HorrorScope

LOL at man getting shots.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders
9. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders Sep 8, 2015, 22:21 HorrorScope

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 21:53:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 21:12:
So a 200 hour game with NG+ on top of that needs a 10 hour DLC?

I'm good with that, I've played through the game twice already and more content is always good.

Ring up one Hearts of Stone Charlie, this gentleman here would like a copy.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 8, 2015, 21:31 HorrorScope

Saboth wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 21:21:
I just spent this past weekend upgrading my PC. $550 for 16 GB DDR4, Z170 mobo, i5 6600k, and CPU cooler. I was upgrading from a 2009 i5-750, 8 GB DDR3 and P55 mobo. The 750 has been running at 3.6-3.7 ghz for about 5+ years now. It was hard to determine how much of a performance gain I'd see, since most tests were comparing the 2.66 stock 750 speed to the 3.5-3.9 speed of the 6600, instead of the OC. Long story short, I went from about 8800 in 3DMark Firestrike to about 10100, about 72 FPS average in Arkham City to 105. That's with the 6600k running at 4.6.

However, when I went from my gtx 570 to my gtx 970, my 3DMark went from about 4500 to that 8800, earlier this year, showing that video cards offer far bigger gains than processor upgrades.

The system is definitely faster, but I recall back when going even 2-3 years for a CPU upgrade netted close to 100% performance gains, vs 25-50% in 5+ years. There's just no reason to upgrade every two-three years, like back in the day. I expect this build will last me another 3-5 years, unless there is some major tech breakthrough.

In general the VC does pay off better upgrading than CPU and then you can SLI them to. But there are games that are CPU heavy that benefit. IMO I could use a better proc, there hasn't been a big swing in performance for a while, just very incremental steps, but I'd surely love a huge boost in one.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
27. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2015, 21:24 HorrorScope

fiftykyu wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 18:55:
For example, today I got a Steam key for Serpent in the Staglands from the Humble Bundle Store, since it's currently full-price at Steam itself. Will I remember to play? No. But at least I remembered to save a few dollars.

QUESTION: Does anyone know what steam makes activating a key you bought elsewhere and allowing you to download and make it a steam game? I assume they make something, they have to get the keys, host etc.

What MS needs to do between now and the next gen is to start giving deep discounts on digital games to the point players become accustomed to it and then when the majority use it, then you can kill the other. That is what happened with the PC for 95% of the market.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders
7. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders Sep 8, 2015, 21:12 HorrorScope

So a 200 hour game with NG+ on top of that needs a 10 hour DLC?  

5601 Comments. 281 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo