Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 2999 (Senior)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Editorial on Kickstarter Communication
8. Re: Editorial on Kickstarter Communication Feb 22, 2014, 13:16 HorrorScope

He must have got a hold of some bad LSD, woke up and realized he can find haters on the internet. The only way around it... don't read it. Hello? Go back and read only Kickstarter replies if you need the warm and fuzzies to make it through another day.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
23. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 21, 2014, 23:13 HorrorScope

MS going with the famous salesman pitch of "by paying more you will save money". What if they knew OO would be better and cheaper, do you think they'd just honestly say it? Here is how MS can keep the gov't business and AND since they really are worried about gov't spending.... Sell it for 90% off. Everyone is happy.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
18. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 21, 2014, 23:09 HorrorScope

They should have made a Texting Social App instead and sold it to Facebook for 17 billion. It has to be easier than the Great American Video game.  

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Feb 21, 2014, 20:04 HorrorScope

AOW 3 just 6 weeks away... over...load.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 21, 2014, 19:33 HorrorScope

"As a result, we believe it is time to step aside, given a maturing smart phone market."

Now the smart phone market is dead. Dead only means Wall Street can't make billions.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 21, 2014, 19:31 HorrorScope

About GFX choice on consoles, should have happened last gen. Let us decided on a few things to help quality or frames.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
1. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 21, 2014, 19:30 HorrorScope

I worthy goal for another million.. A FOV Slider.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 21, 2014, 12:58 HorrorScope

Sony has had a headset, the question is how does this one differ and how close does it start to get to the Oculus? Oh and price.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 21, 2014, 00:28 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 22:32:
There are cheap cash-ins, sure. But there's also titles/people who are doing what they're doing because they love it. And that's where you find the quality games.

And on the PC end even less so. It is still easy to find and wade through and get all the info you need before a buy. Perhaps mobile has more shite quality.

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
81. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 21, 2014, 00:18 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 11:56:
It's very possible that the game simply IS this good. I haven't played it, so I can't judge it. The videos make it look pretty decent, if also fairly standard pew pew pew hitscan multiplayer fare.

However, Drew McCoy, the publisher who is going to be publishing your game is absolutely very well known for paying people for positive opinions (or making it nigh impossible to give a negative one.) In fact, they are in the news for such horseshit just about once a month.

So for you to get all uppity and pretend like you work for some kind of bastion of game virtue is really quite amusing. Why do people suspect that opinions on your game have been bought? Well, because it's happened before, frequently, and because gamers are getting a bit tired of constantly being lied to by the shitheels that infest this industry.

This is the environment you work in, an environment that many of your fellow workers in this industry helped foster. Welcome to the real world.

I agree with this, game could be good, be all above board. But the industry has been caught red handed several times. So like other things, how many times are we to be lied to before we can actually just be down right doughtful? Sure it sucks from a Devs side when everything is above board, but they also have to understand where all this came from and not for us, but people that in fact did buy ratings and got caught. Forever tainted.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 20, 2014, 18:39 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:29:
Well, the funniest thing about the Church of Satan is their rule that you can't be pretentious.
Isn't their entire organization violating that rule?

Yes and actually very fitting, this is what satan is supposed to be like. So perhaps they really are what their title says and then being the shits they are... they lie about anything and everything from there, never being able to make 2 cents out of anything they do or say. So back to linking them to the Killer makes sense, you just won't get anything truthful from them, which is right on character. LOL

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 20, 2014, 18:20 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:58:
I like how the Satanic Church has come out against the Craigslist Killer.

They aren't about killing.
They say they are atheists.

Why is satan used then? Do they not know what that represents? It means they are deeply religious and killing, well that's just one method.

It was just funny, she I think tried to link to them and they said hell no you crazy bitch. Our satan is a good satan.

I mean, it's a remarkably stupid name, but you need to learn what Satanists are and what the Church of Satan is.

It isn't devil worship. It's an atheist philosophy that uses Satan as a symbol of carnality and basically an FU to organized religion. They don't believe in Satan, let alone worship him.

Right it is as stupid of a name you could use. I still find it funny though, she says she killed in the name of satan, so yes lets ask what said worshipers of satan think. But oh yeah that's right it's all a mock, they are mocking everyone. I giggles.

As for Cutter's, I'm not so sure a lot of them aren't aware, things like the Bohemian Grove are disturbing. Why are people like that even doing things like that? Again it's all a big mock on everything? They sacrifice fake bodies under a Owl Statue dressed up looking like some sort of Klans Man? Really? CEO's, Presidents etc.. do juvenile stuff like this. Mind boggling.

News Comments > Free Thief Gold With Thief Mod Contest Entries
5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 18:16 HorrorScope

Fantaz wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:10:
they ran out of keys early afternoon too

I got one, and gonna play it again this weekend

People are recommending the Texture Mod, it does look mighty impressive.

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 20, 2014, 17:58 HorrorScope

I like how the Satanic Church has come out against the Craigslist Killer.

They aren't about killing.
They say they are atheists.

Why is satan used then? Do they not know what that represents? It means they are deeply religious and killing, well that's just one method.

It was just funny, she I think tried to link to them and they said hell no you crazy bitch. Our satan is a good satan.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 20, 2014, 17:51 HorrorScope

About Irrational.

Yes they should be in unions how they are being treated.

But I also agree that I could conclude doing this, once I did the "Big Game Thing" only once:

Like former Gears of War creator Cliff Bleszinski, Levine is rejecting the mainstream big-budget model and all the crap that comes with it.

Take-Two had/has every chance to keep everyone and keep making big games if they want to. Maybe I don't know but from my view it seems Ken should be able to leave with his 15 and continue the rodeo, but I guess Take 2 is saying thanks but no thanks?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video
30. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video Feb 20, 2014, 17:46 HorrorScope

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:21:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 16:20:
The story of so many mmo's. IMO it has no potential because it tries nothing new. There are some decent things, but they're close enough to the same decent things I've played, still own and can do again for free and still don't. But if one is jonesing for another mmo... There are easier one's on your wallet.

That's cool. I play every MMO under the sun and I am a regular alpha/beta tester. I stand by my analysis. I've seen the gorilla in the room two months before its release and its collision mechanics were downright broken. I do agree with your sentiment that the chances of success are low, but if I just throw in the towel and not at least try to give feedback I'm liable to blame myself to some extent. More on that below...

I disagree about the "trying nothing new" part, not because it does try new things (it does to some extent) but because that's not what people want. If a game is to succeed is must cater to the crowd I'm afraid. My impressions of Everquest Landmark and Next suggest that it is trying something new (for a MMO, anyway) and I dig that, too. I feel I have room for both of them in my life, albeit for different reasons.

The big thing to take away is that MMOs are social organisms and the community needs to be involved in a constructive way. I've had the opportunity to see this flourish in some games lately and it is especially true of games that allow direct player influence - player-made items, and yes that includes EQ LM/N. TESO has an excellent opening for this but they have to take advantage of it, and fast. It would be "something new" while catering to the crowd...but right now I can't tell which way it'll go. Community feedback is a huge part of that...and if you want to know why SWTOR failed, just check Bioware's response to ME3 ending complaints.

Fair enough, but I can do most if not all what you mention in MMO's I already own. As you mention EQN is something to point to simply because it has read the market and notices things need to change. They looked at the indy build market and should have said, man if one man with limited $$$ could do what he did, what does that say for the 100's of us with bank that can't? A right decision is to look at the scene and really do something about it.

You do mention mmo's are social games, how they messed up grouping/questing/phasing in ESO really is a low point and right now a breaking one for me to consider. Is there any word that is being looked at? It's a big gaf imo.

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
43. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 17:38 HorrorScope

Squirmer wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:36:
Oh, and there was a QTE in the livestream too. I thought they removed those, but the guy needed to TAP SQUARE to move a wooden beam that was blocking his path.

Perhaps there is an option to remove them in settings, some games give us that feature. QTE's while no one's favorite here, if there aren't many, it's not a biggy to me.

News Comments > THIEF Launch Trailer
41. Re: THIEF Launch Trailer Feb 20, 2014, 17:34 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 16:53:
my problem is how linear it seems to be, given the options for "multiple solutions" that it certainly has to some degree, but which i would consider minor at this point, and which seem so obvious as to be door 1, 2, or 3 rather than organic variation

also the scripted AI conversations, the npcs robotic style of walking around like purely mechanical camera shutters on specific pathing routines, and their lack of realism in regards to reacting with the environment

it seems very gamey - not at all sandboxy or simlike or non-linear... and its really the same kind of gameplay thats been done many times before... it does not look exceptional to me at all - instead it looks mediocre

once i sit down and play the game for a few missions, i may change my mind but those are my initial impressions from watching someone else play it in that video - also the fact that you cant jump is another key to the locked-down style of gameplay.. in a RPG or strategy game, sure.. but in a "non-linear" action game its hard to justify imo

The video mentions just one of many ways to do the level. It seemed watching it there were several ways you could go. You could also do a completionists run which probably takes hours, go back to all places you didn't have to go to get to the end. I felt pretty good that this would have a lot of ways to do it. However they could be fooling us, no really, but I doubt it. I for one didn't look at that level as anything really trivial as Door 1, 2 or 3. I felt you could have went in various directions from the start and made it to the end. High, low, left, right, center. Ally's, roof tops, sewers, or through buildings.

The AI to me looks like standard Thief fair. It would be interesting if it were really good, it would probably make the game a bitch to play for many though.

Sandbox, again could be interesting. But that hasn't been part of the series. As I mentioned the other day you have two sides Tight Linear and Sandbox on both ends, Linear can give a more coherent story that many love, while Sandbox gives you more a sense of adventure and make your own story. So all games have this dilemma. This seems to stay within the games history.

The jump issue, yes that was a popular one. What you do see in the video is that you can get in more places it seems in this game than the originals. You had a 4 foot barrier lets say in the originals. If it were 5' high too bad. So they had to make everything in 4' intervals, to get to 12' you need 3 4' crates. In this game it seems they have intelli-sense if you will that allows you to move up inche's or 10's of feet. There is pluses and minuses to both.

What I'm intrigued in from word of mouth is the game play variations you can set. You can play it kill with little penalty up to what I've heard, if you are spotted, game over, permadeath character and everything in between. Now that is what I've heard, but that is a level that the other games didn't have and for the Thief Perfectionist that's pretty cool to have. (if it really exists)

What is this Ubi Montreal? They seem to always have a lot a pre-release doubt issues, but they pulled of D.E. when people questioned it. It seems like this one might be pretty darn good from that vid in my eyes.

I do agree with what has been said, one thing that would have been cool, is when the lightning happens, that does make you visible in the shadows. Perhaps it might and that sample wasn't enough to really tell.

I know the keyhole look has been done in other games, but it's cool that it is now in Thief.

The peeking around corners looks nice and more realistic.

The quick dashes to cover looks nice and more realistic to.

To another and streaming: Watching others playing Thief probably is boring, the first level wasn't exciting to watch, just showed me the possibilities. Thief is about immersion and tension because it is supposed to move slowly. I think watching others play 1-3 wouldn't be all that much fun.

27. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video Feb 20, 2014, 16:22 HorrorScope

KS wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 15:20:
These are the very first letter in MMORPG -- making grouping easy. A group finder utility is useless if it's hard to share quests.

Amen.

26. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video Feb 20, 2014, 16:20 HorrorScope

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 15:01:
In my opinion, this game has a lot of potential

The story of so many mmo's. IMO it has no potential because it tries nothing new. There are some decent things, but they're close enough to the same decent things I've played, still own and can do again for free and still don't. But if one is jonesing for another mmo... There are easier one's on your wallet.

2999 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo