Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4765 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Patches
5. Re: Morning Patches Mar 4, 2015, 10:49 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 10:21:
If anyone has installed this new ESO patch, it was massive. Its basically an over haul of the entire game.

So in an other words, it just got good?

But a real question, have the fixed the issue with a group and phasing if someone is one a different sub-part of a quest? It was promised but at least 6 months ago that was still in there and seemed like it was abandoned.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
5. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 10:27 HorrorScope

Yeah not that I'm in the market for this, but I don't mind hearing how the Android part and the streaming parts of this work in the wild.  

News Comments > Mad Max in September
6. Re: Mad Max in September Mar 3, 2015, 20:38 HorrorScope

siapnar wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 19:55:
Strange they're talkin preorders when there isn't even a gameplay trailer for this yet

Yeah that was an Early one without the Access.

News Comments > Unity 5 Released
24. Re: Unity 5 Released Mar 3, 2015, 19:17 HorrorScope

Rigs wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 19:11:
From what I've heard, Star Citizen is an extremely modified version of CryEngine3. Think 'Dark Forces' vs 'Doom' type of modification. They're making it do things that I don't think Cytek even thought it could do. And all the original netcode has been thrown out...supposedly.

Goes back to Skyrim/Gamebryo talk yesterday, you know over the years they knocked that thing around a lot.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2015, 16:52 HorrorScope

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 14:21:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 14:08:
Hey if they get money or not, whatevahs.

But you cannot deny they were a weasel doing this back in the day. They were touring with Spirit and this is a song of theirs. Later STH comes out and you can't say they took a part of their melody and we aren't talking a standard rock n roll melody, but a very unique one.

That happened, imo no question, pretty low of them, unless they can prove they were given permission, then all is good in LedLand.

It's not even the same melody. It's a similar chord progression, but not the same. Page was probably inspired by it and wanted to do something similar. That happens all the time. Suing over it almost half a century later is retarded.

Yeah I don't care about the lawsuit, but he took it from them, it is very close, anyone who would hear this would immediately think Stair Way.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2015, 14:08 HorrorScope

Hey if they get money or not, whatevahs.

But you cannot deny they were a weasel doing this back in the day. They were touring with Spirit and this is a song of theirs. Later STH comes out and you can't say they took a part of their melody and we aren't talking a standard rock n roll melody, but a very unique one.

That happened, imo no question, pretty low of them, unless they can prove they were given permission, then all is good in LedLand.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Five Nights at Freddy's 3
8. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Mar 3, 2015, 14:05 HorrorScope

Well this one is different, just one animatronic, but a very aggressive one. I'm all for them doing whatever, people will speak with their wallets.  

News Comments > Unity 5 Released
3. Re: Unity 5 Released Mar 3, 2015, 14:04 HorrorScope

Unity has plenty of support.

Ah, so is there no royalties with Unity? If so that is a 5% savings.

Also why UE4 changed the monthly was, people would subscribe for a month and then drop after the upgrade. Can you do that with Unity? Meaning basically Unity is $75, per upgrade you want and nothing more?

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelation 2 Split-Screen Co-op Beta
3. Re: Resident Evil Revelation 2 Split-Screen Co-op Beta Mar 3, 2015, 12:15 HorrorScope

Yeah not sure why the emotion. I have a pc for the family room and between me and my wife or son and friends, it gets plenty of coop gaming on it. Their versatile. Why spend $500 on a console w/periphs when I have a working PC already? Now that would be stew pid.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook
19. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 3, 2015, 10:31 HorrorScope

ItBurn wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 06:04:
You can't even queue commands. Let's say you want to go into stealth and go stab an enemy, you have to do this:
- Pause/Enter tactical view
- Activate stealth.
- Unpause.
- Wait for stealth to activate
- Quickly pause before your other characters get attacked too much.
- Right click on target to select it as permanent target.
- Activate backstab skill.
- Unpause.

And that is exactly why their AI scripting was awesome. It was a frigin staple of their games and they rid it.

News Comments > Skyrim Mod Size Limit to End
11. Re: Skyrim Mod Size Limit to End Mar 2, 2015, 23:39 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 22:56:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:37:
Interesting.

I wonder if this is something they developed for FO4 and decided to test it out on Skyrim..

That seems pretty likely, yeah. Otherwise I'm not sure why they'd go through the bother of updating Skyrim more than a year after they said they were done with it.

Right, because they aren't done with it. Everytime Hines has been asked the question he points to what they do in games no other company has ever done. He feels he's way out front.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Mar 2, 2015, 22:40 HorrorScope

LittleMe wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 21:01:
Please not Ripley again. Hicks would be awesome.

It is really the story about Ripley kicking some somewhat tough xenomorph ass. But nothing a lady of really any age can't handle. Alien toughness = over-rated, big time.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 2, 2015, 20:30 HorrorScope

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:58:
Did they ever fix the PC tactical UI? At launch, it looked like they were trying to emulate controller sticks on the keyboard instead of, you know, clicking where you wanted someone to go.

They added auto-attack to 5, a little improvement to tactical but not enough per reports. The Beta is under NDA.

Sounding like Patch 6 might be close enough.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
32. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 18:30 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 18:26:
5 points is more than fair. The key factors here are how long it takes to get your people up to speed with it and how moddable it is - can you create new tools libraries for it, etc. How limited are you with it?

Steam on the other hand is like legalized extortion. Seriously, that's an exorbitant amount for them doing virtually nothing. You can see why everyone is trying to launch competing services and that's a good thing.

And that is why we shouldn't fly off a handle when people don't want to use Steam. If I was an indy and you see this, if you don't need EA, I'd start selling my game on my own site first, get more back and make it better. Then see other competing services can do better than steam, sell there for a month and then finally in the end move over to steam. I agree I do feel 30% is high, but at the same time they do have the base and that # can still work.

News Comments > Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold
16. Re: Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold Mar 2, 2015, 18:10 HorrorScope

These games currency systems are too complex, if I wanted to be a banker or a currency exchange rate expert, I'd gone down that line.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
34. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 16:17 HorrorScope

Talutha wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 16:05:
If I had to guess at anything, I would say they are developing a new engine entirely, if not at the very least shifting away from Gamebyro to one of the more mainstream engines. In a lot of places you could definitely tell Skyrim is hitting the limit. On release it wasn't incredibly stable. Granted now it is almost as stable as a rock.

Right there were two bugs big that made a world of difference and they fixed it in Skyrim, which existed in all past offerings. I'd e-wager they are using the same engine. Look at the loyalty and sales numbers of their games.

Where I say Skyrim hitting limits is 360/ps3 constraints. I want to see what a true 64-bit version can do.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2015, 18:15.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
18. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 14:33 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 14:22:
Ah, that's a good point. Unreal can't make it net though, or creative accounting would result in no net profit, and they wouldn't be able to make any money. Yeah, 5% on top of the 30% or so Steam takes...

Yep 35%, which is still doable. What is GoG's cut?

It mentions:"5% royalty after the first $3,000 in quarterly gross revenue per commercial product"

So is that after $3,000 each quarter, so the first $3000 each quarter there is no royalties to Epic?

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
67. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 2, 2015, 13:24 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 12:48:
You must have missed my post right below yours:
The two screens are 1200px by 1080px each, so not that different from the OR DK2 resolution of 960 by 1080 per eye. Oculus claims their consumer version will be better than 1080P so if we assume they will use a single 1440P screen, that would be 1280 by 1440 per eye at 90Hz, which would be superior.
The screens are not 1080 x 1920

Got it, so the pixels are:
vs 1440P 30% less
vs 1080P 20% more

So decent hardware today will run it.

Thx

17. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 11:28 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 11:15:
The only problem with the game is that it doesn't handle refresh rates higher than 60hz well.

Right and under to. Too much of the games speed mechanics are built around the frames.

I do agree better/smoother gun play/targeting.

As for people who crash in Skyrim, there is always going to be someone crashing the pc, but if you go by forum feedback, it was greatly improved on.

And going into the console to fix a quest bug isn't a engine thing.

I would like to see in the details that this is only being developed for the new generation consoles, that should also help us out over here on the pc.

Better models, again not an engine thing, would be nice to.

12. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 11:03 HorrorScope

#1 reason to keep the engine as is. They understand how to allow modders to easily mod anything. You change it to something else and expect a major shift in modding. I could be wrong.

I still feel their engine (assume it gets improved as well) delivers great gfx, great frames, huge seamless worlds. AND with Skyrim they fixed the two biggest crashing bugs. AKA it just got good, why kill it?

4765 Comments. 239 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo