Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5601 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2015, 13:16 HorrorScope

Xil wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 12:03:
umm what worried me the most about that article where the comments underneath it.... is there some sort of special group of people who read the washington post or am I missing something here ?

Well it is Washington and thatis where the Fed's are at? Also if you are a patriot (not in the Websters dictionary sense) you hate Snowden because the country tells you to hate Snowden. They follow that eos.

My brother is a patriot to no end. The funny thing is everything he warns us about to me is selling fear. I don't think he knows it, (yes some tell him) but everything he freaks out about almost none of it ever pans out to his level of severity. Oblivious. But god damn he literally thinks he's right beyong question and I'm naive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 7, 2015, 00:00 HorrorScope

What are we thinking of MS's HoloLens demo? Milo2 or Legit?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 6, 2015, 23:54 HorrorScope

Corps hoard the money then blame the gov't for not having money because they don't know how to budget. Games people play.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released
5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 6, 2015, 20:47 HorrorScope

Rattlehead wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 20:22:
It's never going to Steam, ever, the entire point of Origin is to compete with Steam.

And save them from paying ~30% or whatever their cost would be to steam.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released
3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition Released Oct 6, 2015, 20:17 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 19:23:
Put it on sale for 20 bucks, and I'll bite (for the DLCs.)

+1

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate or Rainbow Six Siege GeForce Promotion
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate or Rainbow Six Siege GeForce Promotion Oct 6, 2015, 16:59 HorrorScope

Promotion? Lets see the 10x series. If one waited this long...  

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Announced
20. Re: Far Cry Primal Announced Oct 6, 2015, 16:45 HorrorScope

On the ARK vs Primal blah blah...

Even in Ark is better, so what does that mean? I never buy another game somewhat like it? If so, and that does make some sense, I really haven't needed a FPS/RTS/CRPG/DeathMatch/Mobe/TeamDeath/CTF/ARPG game in many years. Could save a f'in bundle. All these genres have already had great entries, why are we just buying the same crap over and over? A: That is what we do. So if you do... then there is no point in saying buy this one and forget the other, you buy them all.

Bonus Point the person who tells us buy this forget that, doesn't want VR to fly, even though that will give us a whole slew of new game play types. Poo Poo'er Poo Poo'ing.

My guess is both games are pretty fun.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 6, 2015, 11:33 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 10:51:
Can I just say that I really don't need a game that's far, far bigger than the Witcher 3? Witcher 3 is plenty huge already, both land mass size and content wise.

Please don't go overboard and make it too large. Instead, make the quests more reactive, more involved. Have diverging paths.

This. Unless there is co'oping capabilities.

News Comments > The Crew: Wild Hunt Beta This Month
1. Re: The Crew: Wild Hunt Beta This Month Oct 5, 2015, 19:59 HorrorScope

Is this like a Crew - Witcher crossover?  

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
160. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 19:45 HorrorScope

Some day White Knights will say:"It was always right there in our faces and we ignored it, we looked right past it.", looking at the term Citizen Con.  

139. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 17:56 HorrorScope

Amazing Timing, TPP Signed Today:

"One particularly controversial part of the provisions make it a crime to reveal corporate wrongdoing "through a computer system". Experts have pointed out that the wording is very vague, and could lead to whistleblowers being penalised for sharing important information, and lead to journalists stopping reporting on them."

61. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 12:28 HorrorScope

bobbyric wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 12:18:
Because articles published to the internet can be killed and wiped away forever... OH WAIT. NOT.

Some can, it depends who you are.

48. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 11:38 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 10:21:
That 90 million bucks goes away REALLLLLLY quickly once lawyers get involved.

$91M stretch goal: CIG hires more lawyers!

One of my thoughts is this was a huge scam and the escapist was in it all along and when the shit was starting to hit the fan, drop the over the top article, start the lawsuits and ultimately blame the lawsuits and the money pit it creates as the reason for fail, while white knight'ers use it as part of the grief recovery process... Acceptance. "It would have been great if Escapist and Smart didn't derail the project".

LOL just read monk's comment above mine, same idea. This is the out.

News Comments > No Man's Sky on Late Show
14. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 16:58 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 14:31:
Overon wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 14:11:
They are really trying hard to attract a younger audience. It's overhyped. I think there is not enough skepticism of this game. I predict a mile wide but an inch puddle deep.

There's definitely been plenty of skepticism here on Blue's, Cutter especially, but basically everyone. We've all come to the same basic conclusion: where's the beef? It looks nice, but what's the gameplay? It looks like an engine in search of a game. That being said, it's a pretty sweet looking engine. And since they're not going for hyperrealism, it doesn't really look dated to me.

Yep because all we see is uncommunicable life on each planet, it's not like you go there for an interesting conversation. Are there cities? So far just basic hills and prehistoric animals. I think what they have proven so far is there are good with programming loops (aka procedural programming). Dudes getting a lot of airtime with no real release yet of anything. Instead of space truckin we have planet hopping. The other thing he admits, it is going to be really rare seeing someone, oh great. Perhaps you should shrink your game 99.5% to give it some player/player interaction.

News Comments > Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources
20. Re: Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources Oct 2, 2015, 23:12 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 19:25:
i like how this is going in the direction of a very tame, very sad sort of nerd-watergate

Stargate. No that doesn't work.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2015, 18:40 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 14:52:
You can buy an entire PC for that here.

Not a great gaming one, but I don't need a PC, I do need good VR. We'll see if it is good. But this can easily sell in that realm, it will come down generation to generation.

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
31. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 1, 2015, 19:45 HorrorScope

Popcorn! I need more popcorn!

He's got the end of 2016 to show something. If it's as bad as this says, it is just a matter of time.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Gets $2M in Funding
13. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Gets $2M in Funding Oct 1, 2015, 10:39 HorrorScope

DaHauns wrote on Oct 1, 2015, 07:23:
Ludomancer wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 14:01:
"With the latest addition of Game Master mode, you’ll be able to craft your own dungeons and then control them as your friends play, placing enemies on the fly, manipulating the environment, and doing everything you can to utterly annihilate them…or, we suppose you could give them a "fun" experience. "

I have been waiting for exactly this for 2 decades.

Didn't Neverwinter Nights do exactly this over a decade ago?

NWN did a lot, but it wasn't what I would call easy to just do these things. We'll have to see how it turns out, they are taking suggestions now in their forums for this and mod tools.

When i read "you'll be able to craft your own dungeons" that is the mod tool. And the part about a GM doing a bunch of things in game, imo fans dreams don't mesh all that well with actual game-play. "I want to create quests, conversations, rooms, traps etc on the fly as if the other players playing the game are simply going to sit there and wait, as everything takes time to do. Sp some of those things can work and others won't for most. I think there is a reasonable handful of things a DM could do while others play the game. I will surrender there are some players that would sit their idle while the GM does their thing, but imo we are talking at most 1% of the players that will play your game, so do you really make tools for that. I always assumed that is why NWN didn't keep progressing in certain areas, they aren't used as much as we hype them. They sell in the million and at best just 1000's use them for a smallish period of time and move on. 100's may stay for an extended period.

News Comments > U.K. Digital Refund Law
3. Re: U.K. Digital Refund Law Oct 1, 2015, 10:26 HorrorScope

Europe... The New America  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Gets $2M in Funding
9. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Gets $2M in Funding Sep 30, 2015, 18:19 HorrorScope

yuastnav wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 16:44:
I am currently playing the first one and enjoying it. Man, I left off in August 2014 after having played for ten hours and now got back into it. Great game.

Backed the second one, really looking forward to it.

End of next month we get the EE version and it seems like there is a lot of changes. Same for Wasteland.

5601 Comments. 281 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo