Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4466 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 21, 2015, 18:38 HorrorScope

Julio wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 17:28:
Time for the movie model to change. Drop the theaters, fast to online, disc sales and streaming.

North Korea is our ally, they need to threaten the industry as a whole.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Lag Fixed
5. Re: Diablo III Lag Fixed Jan 21, 2015, 18:37 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 18:02:
who the fuck still plays this? or i guess a better question is: how many times can a sane person repeat the exact same dungeons over and over and over? 5? 10? 50? 100? 1000?

There are players that play mmo's or a single game forever and a day. I assume I have ADHD since I cannot do that. I'm good for the industry, they are good for their personal wallets, many of them. I wish I had their patience.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March
35. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March Jan 21, 2015, 18:31 HorrorScope

Sort of odd, still a barrier to enter. So now are we saying another year from now total FTP? I probably still won't go for it, I'd give it more a chance if I had to pay zero upfront. My guess is the coop phase thing isn't fixed, if so no chance with me.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M
11. Re: Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M Jan 21, 2015, 18:25 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 14:33:
The atmosphere, sound and music are the only thing they nailed. It's a one time through and done game though, there's zero incentive to replay it.

Yep, got if for $20, one play through and on to the next, perfect.

With this news, I'm just happy to see they are happy with 1 million sales, they didn't budget or expect something like 10 million, because they're crazy like that.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
11. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 20, 2015, 22:25 HorrorScope

People are bustin ass to make the next Shadowrun, they could have just made a quick table-top card game and made more. Wow, how can you predict this?  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Resident Evil HD - Stream Tonight
8. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Resident Evil HD - Stream Tonight Jan 20, 2015, 21:08 HorrorScope

Watching it being played the new control scheme makes the game look a lot more bearable to me. No more body-cast moving. Putting on wishlist.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 20, 2015, 21:02 HorrorScope

Standard doorbell sounds on TV should be fined, dogs go nutzo.

Sirens in radio ad's should be fined, everyone starts looking all around for nothing.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Blackguards 2
2. Re: Ship Ahoy - Blackguards 2 Jan 20, 2015, 21:00 HorrorScope

Sounds like we are in similar boats, rather have a shorter game these days, but priced properly. I will own this one, in time.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 20, 2015, 19:53 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 19:45:
FBI Seeks To Legally Hack You If You're Connected To TOR Or a VPN.

Because obviously anyone encrypting their internet or using a VPN must be doing something illegal.

Especially VPN, no normal/productive person would ever use that. Govt = Paranoid Rob Lowe.

News Comments > Neverwinter Elemental Evil Expansion Announced
1. Re: Neverwinter Elemental Evil Expansion Announced Jan 20, 2015, 16:15 HorrorScope

Yep take up all the good names you can think of and put into your shallow game.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences
19. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences Jan 20, 2015, 16:14 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 15:04:
Enh, my only real gripe with the game was the lack of a dedicated healer role. I like playing clerics in (C)RPGs. And I wasn't really keen on the mage roles and their spells. Call me old but I prefer old school D&D mages - big ass fireballs, prismatic sprays, Bigby's Clenched Anus, er, Fist. etc.

Once per day.

13. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences Jan 20, 2015, 13:05 HorrorScope

Probably all we need to know, we have better communications amongst ourselves...

From the Creative Director of DA:

So in Laidlaws tweet about the walk toggle he responds to someone asking why anyone needs to walk "Mike Laidlaw @Mike_Laidlaw
1h1 hour ago

Player preference. It was widely requested, so we threw a few people at implementing and testing it."

But I feel like ive seen fixing pc controls, fixing tac cam, and click to move / attack have been wayyy more requested??? not to mention you can still play the game without walk toggle and it would be fine, its just an immersion thing, but the other things are kind of crucial to enjoying the game. Could be walk toggle was easier to implement..

I mean if he doesn't know what's going on and being changed, then fuck no chance. Accept as-is imo at this point.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem
11. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem Jan 20, 2015, 11:37 HorrorScope

One thing that may need some polish on it was the Nemisis system in terms of player death.

If I'm not mistaken, the less you die the Chiefs don't level up and they remain a lower level. If you die, aka having more difficulty with the game, the chiefs level up making the game even more difficult.

I think this explained where some thought the game was too easy, while others found it to hard. Some tpye of game setting option should be able to affect this. Like no level on death, level on time if no death. So that way the guy never dying gets a stronger challenge and the person dying can get some reprieve.

8. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences Jan 20, 2015, 11:30 HorrorScope

And this is just still "in the works". To me 1/4 erection. As mentioned the cam not readjusting sounds good, banter fix sounds good. That's about it, the walk thing to me measures as a roleplay request, never cared either way on that, but there is always a vocal crowd wanting that. I know there is a hotkey script for this game, so when I do dive in, I'll check it out.

I'm at a $30 entry price, imo they did very little since release. Be interesting playing this after reading so much feedback, I'm sure plenty of it will be over-stated and no big in-game.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 20, 2015, 11:23 HorrorScope

Totally legit, the only way imo to completely get a way from this, less sabotage directly, is no external communications for the navigation system. But then that gets rid of 75% why the gov't wants this, to track your car 24/7.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem
6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Postmortem Jan 20, 2015, 10:40 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 09:38:
nin wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 09:34:
Damn good game, glad it did well for them. Sequel, please!

I for one found it lacking after a very short time. Once the novelty of the fighting wore off it turned out to be very shallow and rather repetitive. Not saying thats necesarily a bad thing, but I grew very bored with it very quickly.

To me nearly all games get that repetitiveness going if they are long enough. I'm starting to on average favor a game around 10 hours for $20. Get in, get out, fresh play, finish game, next game. A. Repetitiveness doesn't fall in, if I loved it gets me excited on follow up. B. I finish a lot more games, which is nothing but a good thing, backlog shrinks, industry has me focused on next new games.

I know this isn't everyone's view, but in general with my ADHD and just looking back at my patterns, that would work better for me. Now the 6 hour $60 games can go fuck themselves, 10 hours - $20 on avg, some less, some a bit more based on production values.

Or another option for games, most don't have. In addition to easy-med-hard. Short-reg-long game options.

Enjoyed this game quite a bit, perhaps just a little longer than I needed, was getting just a tad old. But the mechanics, moves, animations and scenarios were just plain ole fun.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 19, 2015, 18:57 HorrorScope

891 hours, I still call that a back log, but wow look at those over 3000!!!  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jan 19, 2015, 18:55 HorrorScope

Si!

Well polished game.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 19, 2015, 10:47 HorrorScope

Cyberfox.

Classic Theme Restorer
No Script
Adblock
Roomy Bookmark Toolbar

Protection and Efficiency

Cyberfox in my testing did the best in the Fox series of browsers on vids, including html5 and was the reason to switch from Waterfox to this.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 19, 2015, 10:07 HorrorScope

Techie714 wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 00:44:
JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 22:18:
I bought H1Z1, but can't play it because you can't even remap your controls. ?!?!?!?!?!? *facepalm*

So far they are failing hard at basic game design, not off to a good start.

People like you are the problem with PC Gaming today. Early access....Geez!

Why does there have to be a problem with PC games? If you do a quick search of steam review/forums, a quick Youtube and LiveStream, you can decide if you like the game or not almost assuredly, one will sneak in every now and then, but few. I happen to like a number of EA games, don't mind and often enjoy the process of dev updating process until release.

Where you think I enable bad behavior, you can take the 1/2 full affect, I support development which ultimately brings you a game that would never exist otherwise and some have been pretty darn good. I actually think most AAA companies can stick it, I find myself rooting for companies that have to use EA, KS avenues.

To me it's a self centered argument about how others shouldn't use EA/KS, if you don't like it, don't buy it, if you like later on at release, great. Hopefully we made it better for you then.

4466 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo