Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3875 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Appears
13. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Appears Sep 27, 2014, 21:55 HorrorScope

I will play this when on sale, supposed to have the bext gfx/immersion evah! Sounds criminally short, but the hopes are more longer offerings from this tech.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 27, 2014, 11:24 HorrorScope

That law has to change, it is so outdate. I can record you no problem, but if it's voice...problem. Why? Why is one even more damning ok and the other isn't?  

News Comments > Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players
19. Re: Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players Sep 26, 2014, 19:27 HorrorScope

So we see 150K was hit recently, has anyone come up with some dirty math in how you can somewhat figure out the active player base based on concurrent users?

As we know the 7 million is a joke, I played and enjoyed the game in beta, so I'm one of 7 million, but come on... Tons of crap FTP can say numbers like that.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
55. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 19:10 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 17:43:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 17:41:
Brumbek wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 17:15:
As the saying goes, only boring people are bored.

Haven't heard that saying, seems pretty stupid at face value.

He didn't say it was a popular or smart saying!

True, but if a saying isn't popular can it be a saying?

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
50. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 17:41 HorrorScope

Brumbek wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 17:15:
As the saying goes, only boring people are bored.

Haven't heard that saying, seems pretty stupid at face value.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
9. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 11:51 HorrorScope

Industry shunned hardcores for mobile a while back... how stupid of them. I'm amazed at how many games list price day one games people buy here. I think a few of you guys purchased Wasteland 2, I'd still be balls deep into that with no time for this good or bad. As always I'll wait for user feedback. Somewhat optimistic.  

News Comments > Trine & Trine 2 Editor Beta
1. Re: Trine & Trine 2 Editor Beta Sep 25, 2014, 10:25 HorrorScope

The reason we’ve held off releasing the editor to the public before has been quite simple. It’s pretty difficult to use if you don’t know what you’re doing, and there’s *very* little documentation or tooltips.

So did we make an easy-to-use version for everyone to enjoy? The answer to that is…not really Instead we’ve opened a wiki page at www.frozenbyte.com/wiki and provided some very basic instructions on how to use our editor.

So what you are saying is you held off for difficulty and lack of docs, but in the end decided to release it anyways with the same difficulty and lack of docs. Ok.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
52. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 20:17 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 19:47:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 18:34:
Tom wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 18:29:
Sho wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 18:13:
My 2 cents: Fallout 3 got the gameplay right, but Bethesda simply can't write dialog or create memorable characters to save their lives. New Vegas retained the gameplay and amped up the writing massively (which includes creates a gamespace with actually interesting social dynamics) and was a much better game for it overall. NV might just be my favorite Fallout, actually.
Yeah I think you're right on the money there. It's a shame too. Imagine how much better Oblivion and Skyrim could've been if they'd just had some decent writers.

Think of other things they could do a lot better... As good as they are and they are, they could be godly if they'd up their game some in a couple critical area's.

1. UI

2. A lot more skills available quickly. The magic system you could only do a few things. Melee way to basic, sure have basic swing but there should be melee skills to.

Indeed. The lack of a proper PC UI - given how much goddamned money they've made from PC players - should be considered criminal.

A stupid 10 skill bar would do amazing wonders of making combat a lot more varied. Even though I'd ask for even more. That is one the ESO has going in the right direction, a skill bar, even though abbreviated.

50. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 18:34 HorrorScope

Tom wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 18:29:
Sho wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 18:13:
My 2 cents: Fallout 3 got the gameplay right, but Bethesda simply can't write dialog or create memorable characters to save their lives. New Vegas retained the gameplay and amped up the writing massively (which includes creates a gamespace with actually interesting social dynamics) and was a much better game for it overall. NV might just be my favorite Fallout, actually.
Yeah I think you're right on the money there. It's a shame too. Imagine how much better Oblivion and Skyrim could've been if they'd just had some decent writers.

Think of other things they could do a lot better... As good as they are and they are, they could be godly if they'd up their game some in a couple critical area's.

1. UI

2. A lot more skills available quickly. The magic system you could only do a few things. Melee way to basic, sure have basic swing but there should be melee skills to.

News Comments > Borderlands The Pre-Sequel Trailer
8. Re: Borderlands The Pre-Sequel Trailer Sep 24, 2014, 16:11 HorrorScope

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 21:11:
Looks ok, zero major improvements to the menus, inventory, or anything else PC players have been asking for.

That alone means sale for me to buy. I agree that is lazy and imo really takes something away from the game.

11. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 10:35 HorrorScope

BitWraith wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 10:15:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 10:02:
37.5k copies, ok, nothing amazing. Sort of goes back to what I say about Steam, being #1 doesn't mean you are selling hand over fist. Steam over 100 million registered, under 5 million own Skyrim, the at the top leader for Steam since its release.

Game has solid word a mouth, should end up perhaps nearing 500k.

Since the game was funded up front, that's all profit. You don't need millions of units sold when you fund like that.

Understood.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Week
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Week Sep 24, 2014, 10:10 HorrorScope

Game slowing down and showing signs... well it has been out 2 years now.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 24, 2014, 10:06 HorrorScope

At the end that whole thing was to bring internet connectivity back to little Jimmy at the diner. Day saved!  

5. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 10:02 HorrorScope

37.5k copies, ok, nothing amazing. Sort of goes back to what I say about Steam, being #1 doesn't mean you are selling hand over fist. Steam over 100 million registered, under 5 million own Skyrim, the at the top leader for Steam since its release.

Game has solid word a mouth, should end up perhaps nearing 500k.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2014, 19:09 HorrorScope

Pigeon wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 13:17:
I wouldn't mind red-light cameras if they were actually designed for, a safety stand point. But they revenue tools, on the ones I've seen around me the yellows are shorter, and people tend to slam on their breaks the second the light turns yellow, or slow way down when approaching a green light because they're afraid of it'll turn yellow.

Increase the time the light is yellow, and only ticket the people that blatantly run the light. But if they did that I guess they wouldn't be profiting off it.

I've felt for a while now all lights at least in a state should have the same length yellows. Some are so fast, they are traps. I'd be up for a federal time for all yellows to be the same length.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
40. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 19:06 HorrorScope

Was this news like a year ago?

I'm of the belief that Blizzard lives outside the norm. Meaning if they made a good mmo, there would be a lot of people there to pay the traditional fee's. It's Blizzard, it is what it is.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2014, 19:17.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 23, 2014, 11:26 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 11:17:
No, the problem is the US system. Most places you have to opt in to be part of crap like that, in the US you have to opt out, which is bullshit.

Right.

And to many think we still live in the freeest country.

Still stand for the Anthem as we swear our oath.

We've become what we were warned about, what we didn't want to become.

Basically a mob protected by endless laws.

Europe right now is blowing us away in terms of consumer protections, we are more focused on corporate protections.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2014, 10:14 HorrorScope

3 billion for the country is next to nothing.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 23, 2014, 10:13 HorrorScope

When your car is connected to the Internet, your car is basically under surveillance, do not commit any heinous crimes using that vehicle.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 23, 2014, 10:12 HorrorScope

What? What happened to Canada?  

3875 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo