Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4561 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 9, 2015, 13:15 HorrorScope

This and ED should merge, you go get the resources in outer space, land on the planet and drive them to the plant in your 18 wheeler.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witness Blows Through Braid Earnings
4. Re: The Witness Blows Through Braid Earnings Feb 9, 2015, 13:13 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 11:48:
If it flops he'll care.

That's why he put 20 years on it, going with the "time cures" line of thinking, 20 sounds reasonable. Good luck!

News Comments > Original Early Access Game Pulled
4. Re: Original Early Access Game Pulled Feb 9, 2015, 13:03 HorrorScope

Dungeon Dashers is an interesting story.

Guy is making a tb dungeon crawler that promises 4 player coop in the end as well. He started selling it on his site a couple years back and then jumped on EA.

Started out great, but then the updates were way too slow.

He would give an update after the natives were completely restless.

He then did an interview on a article that was about the hardships of EA. His program was one.

He opened up a lot more there which gave us more insight then he shared. He was younger, just starting college, had a lot of excuses and felt 8 hours a week was sufficient for development. Some gamers backed that idea, anyone who knows much about programming even if part time, 8 hours is never gonna cut it. If it isn't a full time it then needs to fall into labor of love. Now I would have no beef with 8 hours, if he wasn't still selling it as EA.

He then came back after the article to share some more. Pretty negative experience, he did put out another update, but it is still a long ways from finished and there is zero MP at this time.

The final twist to this story is his named surfaced on a Mobile Game "Crossy Roads" where he and another authored and mentioned in another article he has made over 1 million in just advertising income and not counting any in game purchases.

Needless to say this has pissed the DD crowd off a bit, I reviewed his game and now I'm thinking of coming out of retirement. I was always dreaming a little too big, I need to dumb it down some after reviewing Crossy Roads. By the way PewDiePie endorsed the game which was probably the big hit they needed. But the dude hit it big while taking others and the game is still EA to this day.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 7, 2015, 12:51 HorrorScope

What I find surprising is there are still quite a few people that still don't related Republicans to big business. This FCC - WH inquiry is another example. Big biz doesn't like what the FCC is doing, they go to the Republicans to see if they can find A Scandal(tm), because this is consumer friendly, that is no good anymore.

As for Samsung and the comments, fair point on they use our searches, but anything new, like recording and sending off living room conversation is just another initiative/branch of Homeland Security . Homeland Security is the new way to say Nazi in a "I need to know everything you do, just be be sure.", it just is. We've been duped and mislead, this is totally unamerican, the opposite of what we were founded on.

They say they do it to help us, but there will be closed meeting agreements the gov't forces them to sign, to put in their hooks and top that off with a double dose of even if it were on the up and up, their security sucks enough that hacker can go in, get it and use it for no good. The hottest oxymoron going right now has to be "Computer Security" and I try to get my youngest to go to school for that, I told him you go get a degree, it will pay well and you don't even have to be all that good at it, no one else has.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 2015, 12:56.

News Comments > Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M
4. Re: Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M Feb 7, 2015, 12:41 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 12:22:
Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 11:23:
I sill have a a *very* difficult time believing money can be coming in this consistently on a project that's delivered virtually nothing so far. Something isn't adding up here. I suppose only time will tell.

The same thing was said about the rise of MMO's, F2P, DLC, microtransactions. We got them all. Never underestimate stupid. World of warcrafts success is overwhelming evidence that mankind is at chimp level intelligence.

Quote: "We're selling games to children. We sell them $100 packages of fake currency and make their parents pay because we can easily manipulate them"

Games

Lately I've been seeing this "Chimp level intelligence", every reference I've seen has always been way beyond that. So what online games do chimps play today? Where are they putting their money?

Seems reading between then lines it is just another way to say "if they don't have my view or ideals, somethings wrong with them".

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 7, 2015, 12:40 HorrorScope

Good to know all facets of life live in this world now. Farmers get to suck it down to like the rest of us. 1/2 joking, we all get their point, they did it with cars which we all have and many other electronics. It is just the way of the world, way back they should have killed off all undersized nerds and none of this would have ever happened.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 6, 2015, 17:07 HorrorScope

What happened to cameras in 2014? Did you see the old Radio Shack ad? That's what happened to them.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 6, 2015, 17:00 HorrorScope

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 13:59:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 10:24:
If I were a Comcast customer I'd hope for the "Asshole" bill, you get this:

Last week, we wrote about a Comcast customer whose first name was changed to “Asshole” on a bill. Comcast apologized to the customer and offered a full refund for the previous two years and two years of service at no charge.

Worth it! $2400 in cash and your next $2400 free, value.

Jesus. Your Comcast bill is that high? Mine isn't even $80 and I have 105mbit.

But hey! Maybe the merger will make everything all better! </sarcasm>

Plenty of people have $100 or more /mo bills from Comcast. Comcast more than just i-net.

News Comments > Game Reviews
26. Re: Game Reviews Feb 6, 2015, 12:10 HorrorScope

All I know is I listen to you all collectivley.

I am supposed to research the game before I buy.

When are they going to really address the issues they said they would 1/2 days after release with PC controls? They've made 2'ish attempts but they are weak ass sauce.

The awards, you've all enlightened me that they are fake, so GOTY is just a trick I will not fall for.

There are plenty that love and hate this game, what I find is they haven't finished patching up the controls they promised they would... and that is after many trailers of theirs saying how much time they put into just PC controls.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
11. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 12:03 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 12:00:
Oh I've missed this award show. What channel was it on?

One of those cable networks I don't want to pay for.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 6, 2015, 11:53 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 01:10:
Saboth wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 18:49:
As an Anthem customer, this one has me steamed. People are lumping this in with Target, Home Depot, etc., but those are peanuts in comparison. Sure, more users were compromised, but what did they get? Credit Card numbers? Big whoop, they cancel them almost instantly and you get a new card. This hack was supposedly addresses, socials, birth dates, medical numbers, contact information. Basically everything needed to steal accounts or open up new accounts. I'm sure they'll try and pawn off "one year of free credit monitoring" as some kind of remedy, but once that info is in the wild, it's circulating perpetually. I'm thinking lifetime credit protection.

Credit protection isn't gonna help, I'm afraid, man. If I was you, I'd go to talk to a lawyer tomorrow and start putting down the hammer on Anthem. At the very least you need a written guarantee from them that any costs arising from this theft at any point in the future is going to be on their heads, not yours.

(which still won't do shit for your credit rating...)

I have my medical information with as few places as humanly possible. I deliberately refuse to join an ancillary medical plan at my work that would save me ~$300 a year in my premiums just because I don't want to have to worry about yet another Mickey Mouse outfit having access to all that kind of data...

But how do you know your Donald Duck system is any better? Just wondering...

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 6, 2015, 11:50 HorrorScope

Saboth wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 18:49:
As an Anthem customer, this one has me steamed. People are lumping this in with Target, Home Depot, etc., but those are peanuts in comparison. Sure, more users were compromised, but what did they get? Credit Card numbers? Big whoop, they cancel them almost instantly and you get a new card. This hack was supposedly addresses, socials, birth dates, medical numbers, contact information. Basically everything needed to steal accounts or open up new accounts. I'm sure they'll try and pawn off "one year of free credit monitoring" as some kind of remedy, but once that info is in the wild, it's circulating perpetually. I'm thinking lifetime credit protection.

Here is what they are doing:

Anthem will individually notify current and former members whose information has been accessed and will provide credit monitoring and identity protection services free of charge to affected members for one year. Affected members will be automatically enrolled in identity repair services, but other services require members to enroll. These services will be retroactive to the date of the data breach. See below for the full list of services Anthem will provide to impacted members.

Identity Repair -Investigator to help restore identity Automatic -No need to enroll Free to consumer

Identity Theft Monitoring Enroll Free to consumer Phone Alerts Enroll Free to consumer

Lost Wallet Protection Enroll Free to consumer $1M Identity Theft Insurance Enroll Free to consumer

Credit Monitoring (Adults only) Enroll Free to consumer

ChildScan Monitoring (Children only) Enroll Free to consumer

This is also one tip given:
You might receive emails or calls that appear to come from Anthem asking for personal information or requesting to follow a link. These can be phishing attempts.

This is where it gets hard and it got me recently. I had DR. Bills but they weren't reaching me, one day they call me and start asking for Social and things like that. In today's world you are told "DO NOT GIVE IT OUT!", I didn't, I told them why, they didn't give me an alternative and hung up. Next I was in collections where I am at today, may never get out, my new plan is to use as much HC as possible and just pay $200 to that collection every month forever, so my Health care cost in total now is the monthly premium + $200. I look at this as a long term win for me. The 20%, the deductible, is now just part of the $200/mo forever bill to me.

By doing this, their costs goes up and your deductible next year will to.

I like no matter how much cyber hacking goes on, that threat is never a "National Security" issue, even though it is much more damaging than many things they deam "National Security". I swear some of this needs a total reboot, they need new-real protective systems, if not, then go back to paper. (Not sure how much of that I really believe, but there is a part of me that does)

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2015, 12:02.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 11:43 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 11:29:
Verno wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 09:42:
2 hours to learn a game isn't much of a time investment and it really depends on the genre. It is really hard to make a game with depth if any user can "learn" it in 20 minutes. The best games are smart about how they unfold mechanics gradually over time.

Depends for me on how intuitive it is. Learning a game isnthenfun part if I get it. Then there are some like ck2 that are too time consuming to learn. I can spend two hours helplessly fumbling there or I can play a game.

If the game is that easy to play immediately, then I doubt I'm sitting through it for 20+ hours until the end. Some of the longer games I do like, give you new powers all the way through, to me that is part of the freshness in continuing to play. That is also RPG like, hmmm...

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 11:41 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 11:28:
Sounds like that's about right for most EA customers, which is why I avoid 99% of EA games. So it works out for both of us.

But do you really avoid 99%. How many did you play this past year?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 6, 2015, 11:36 HorrorScope

What you described I do get with the non-union bank of mine as well. Nothing against them though, I do hear good things. But everything you mentioned there I do get with one of the bigs. The calls, the freeze, the reissue, them dealing with it etc.

The "two factor" which I agree is huge, is a CC issue for me, they need it, needed it for 10+ years, hear it is coming. The Debit always had the two.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
7. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 11:15 HorrorScope

Yes embarrassing that you can see right through the shills.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2015, 10:52 HorrorScope

To me when he says that, he's talking about his customer base HE DOESN'T HAVE.

They all look at "how do we get people not playing our games, playing?", usually that line of thinking is driven by wall street, usually means the current base is assumed in the pocket and will take whatever, as they get some new blood over the new direction.

Good news for me, I'm at a point I don't have to have a AAA game anymore if they were to pursue an even more stripped down game play model.

So EA, go for it, we don't think much of you already, so no skin off my back.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 6, 2015, 10:24 HorrorScope

If I were a Comcast customer I'd hope for the "Asshole" bill, you get this:

Last week, we wrote about a Comcast customer whose first name was changed to “Asshole” on a bill. Comcast apologized to the customer and offered a full refund for the previous two years and two years of service at no charge.

Worth it! $2400 in cash and your next $2400 free, value.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Eye Tracking Feb 6, 2015, 10:12 HorrorScope

IMO they didn't demo that thing well at all. I didn't really get it. Mouselook also makes my screen "infinite" that is one of the big parts of the mouses function here. Controller, maybe more understanding, but then again I didn't get a good feel on how it really works from this. Took them 3 days to get it working, 2 weeks to polish it and 15 minutes to make this movie.

As for the device they need to get that thing down around the $50 mark.

News Comments > H1Z1 Beta Patch & Character Wipe
6. Re: H1Z1 Beta Patch & Character Wipe Feb 5, 2015, 23:21 HorrorScope

Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 21:50:
I love Mack's reviews too but IMO he is only around 50/50... going by the games I have played that he has slammed.

The game has been updated several times since his video.

4561 Comments. 229 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo