Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5612 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Launches
27. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 17:23 HorrorScope

Don't pre-order, watch videos after release. My work is done here on this subject.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 15:57 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 15:31:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 14:58:
Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 13:57:
Don't buy. It's more of an ARPG than CRPG.

We don't buy ARPG's now? Perhaps not, perhaps we just play PoE. If it is something in-between, that perhaps is a nice little market to be in. Not too deep but not just button mashing.

Nothing wrong with an ARPG. You know Diablo is Diablo. This was touted as being the new NWN and it's not. Not even close. They seriously misrepresented this product. It's not often I feel like I was scammed on a purchase but this was one of those times. I've asked GMG for a refund but I doubt I'll get it. I'm considering doing a chargeback. I've only ever done that once in my life, so that should give you some indication of how burned I feel by this product.

You and I were there at the beginning when they started taking about the game and opening up their forums. They did oversell it then, but I feel after feedback, they've stepped back from that. Watching the 3 sales videos at Steam, they don't reference NWN and how they sell it is accurate with the game. I guess I'm just a bit more dynamic and forgiving IF the game is still fun. It does surprise me that you bought it already, you had a lot more concern than I had. And then not Steam in case of needing a refund? Fool me once...

Patience. Plenty of games to play while learning if a new game is for you.

21. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 15:31 HorrorScope

Flatline wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 15:23:
harlock wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 11:38:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 11:15:
Being a mature gamer, I have zero problem starting at the point of not comparing it to anything and let it be what it is. Now if one doesn't it like it from there fine.

But NWN isn't in the name.

D&D is in the name, and it means something very, very specific. You can redefine anything to suit your own personal needs all day long. It doesnt make you "mature"... if anything it makes you "ignorant"... but anyways the thought of tooting your own horn on that does make you "laughable"

What you think of when you think D&D is not D&D any more. D&D is now a family of products centered around high fantasy now. It's not RPG. Yes, D&D at it's core is an RPG, but the name as a family of products is more lucrative than the idea of collaborative roleplaying.

Video Game wise DnD has one main commonality to it, don't expect it to be like table top DnD. People still get disappointed with this time an again for over 30 years. I know to leave my great DnD desktop hopes behind. Hey it's up to each of us, to me it's a name and then I see what the game itself brings. I like D:OS, Pillars, WL2, etc... this may fit in with those, it doesn't have to fit into a preconceived notion.

19. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 14:58 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 13:57:
Don't buy. It's more of an ARPG than CRPG.

We don't buy ARPG's now? Perhaps not, perhaps we just play PoE. If it is something in-between, that perhaps is a nice little market to be in. Not too deep but not just button mashing.

18. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 14:57 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 12:48:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 12:09:
Being a mature gamer, I have zero problem starting at the point of not comparing it to anything and let it be what it is. Now if one doesn't it like it from there fine.

D&D is in the name, and it means something very, very specific. You can redefine anything to suit your own personal needs all day long. It doesnt make you "mature"... if anything it makes you "ignorant"... but anyways the thought of tooting your own horn on that does make you "laughable"

There's DnD in a lot of games.

so what? has nothing to do with your original argument.

try to focus, like a mature adult - dont just change the subject because you have no counter, like an insolent child

I don't go by names I go by if a game is good. Having a DM in game to me is a bonus, there are next to none that allow it and IMO no one has ever done it well. Perhaps NWN had the most flexibility, but next to no one ever really did it to think that it is a viable money making market. It has to be something that is easy and swift to use for enough people to really make it worth the dev time. There is a reason Bioware doesn't do it any more. Now for those that did use it and didn't like it, I will give you credit, you have a loud voice to make it seem like everybody simply agrees. A handful of people wanting this to me more are making it sound like a complete fail. Sort of like the new attitude with FO4 around here, that game is going to be great, they have their own style and do things no one else has. People can say how much they won't buy it like it's a COD game, I'll be there and it will be gud.

The most important part of this game is if the SP is good, then MP, then DM/MP then content creation tools. Each subsiding group gets much smaller.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2015, 15:10.

12. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 12:09 HorrorScope

There's DnD in a lot of games.

9. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 11:15 HorrorScope

Bioware is no where to be found.

It plays iso, which a lot of games not named Diablo do.

It can have a DM in their way to add something to a static programmed game, haven't seen that in Diablo ever.

Perhaps this game when it first hit the scene over-sold itself a bit, but anyone paying attention knows what it isn't. This game simply got hate because it wasn't NWN. Well get in line there are 90+ games that are down this line that didn't hit NWN either. Go bitch to Bioware as to why they aren't making a NWN 3.

So how many games have had a good DM in it down this line? 1? 2? Ever. So we get hung up on a feature that is universally ignored by almost everyone.

Now I need to find out if this game is any good on its own.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 11:59 HorrorScope

Good times, it's all about how much of a man do you like to portray yourself as. A mans man wears just a wife-beater shirt and thin pants or shorts and plays very offensively, mobile and deadly, but above all else will make sure they have the biggest welt on their body afterwards to tell how he survived it. All the way down to the opposite end which is the boy from Christmas Story, so much protection that you don't feel a thing because you don't want any pain, but also can't move, this person will also have fogged up masks and look like a maggot moving around the course.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
2. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 18, 2015, 11:11 HorrorScope

Yeah he looks down on them, which isn't necessarily true. But the funny thing is each year their sports franchise get a remake and he doesn't even recognize that.  

News Comments > Free Valve Games for OS X Steam Hardware Users
2. Re: Free Valve Games for OS X Steam Hardware Users Oct 17, 2015, 14:47 HorrorScope

Complete pack says it encompasses all past, present and future valve games. Really, future? Perhaps they know something we don't, but with that deal I wish the PC version was delayed a few weeks.  

News Comments > GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First?
29. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 14:56 HorrorScope

Lorcin wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 13:57:
Never fails to amuse me the amount of whinging old women who follow PC news here.

I know, the next time I check GFE install will be the first. I was satisfied with the basic driver and control panel, has served me well. We'll see what the future holds.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Oct 15, 2015, 21:05 HorrorScope

lol  

News Comments > The Crew: Wild Run Closed Beta Begins
4. Re: The Crew: Wild Run Closed Beta Begins Oct 15, 2015, 20:59 HorrorScope

PHJF wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 19:03:
Wild Hunt

Exactly, I was getting confused again.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 15, 2015, 19:46 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 12:45:
To you perhaps. For me, Obsidian knocked the ball out of the park with a Home Run nice game.

Yep I liked it quite a bit. Liking WL2DC so far as well.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2015, 18:53 HorrorScope

Just read the sad Total Biscuit news, poor soul has terminal cancer.  

News Comments > The Age of Decadence Begins
6. Re: The Age of Decadence Begins Oct 15, 2015, 17:37 HorrorScope

Well there's some straight up talk you don't see often:

"It doesn’t mean that the game is awesome. In fact, there is a good chance that you won’t like it"

News Comments > New GeForce Experience Features
5. Re: New GeForce Experience Features Oct 15, 2015, 16:40 HorrorScope

Yeah its funny how the pc guys even get hung up on the controller-k/m issue. Support k/m first and then is possible support gamepad. PC Game Rule #1, imo.  

News Comments > New GeForce Experience Features
2. Re: New GeForce Experience Features Oct 15, 2015, 13:43 HorrorScope

Still trying to see the sizable market they are looking for.

1. We have the systems to run the game locally and do and aren't looking for an alternative.

2. Those that don't have a system, they are on a console or a mobile phone. And if they were looking for PC gaming and can't afford an actual system, doesn't this seem overly difficult for them to set up?

3. Then there are those that are doing that, aren't most PC gamers already just looking for an alternate way to play their games from time to time. How many people are we talking about? How often does this occasion really come up.

It sounds like cool tech, but not really sure who the audience is that will actually go this route and be successful and satisfied in the end.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed
23. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed Oct 14, 2015, 17:16 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 12:25:
The game crashes quite a bit on initiating dialog or fast travel. I'd been playing absolutely crash free for a month, so this patch really doesn't do me any favors.

Rather than speed optimizations, they basically cost a lot of people like 10-15 fps on average.

And finally, for me, whenever I kill a monster in a dungeon anywhere, its loot drops on TOP of the dungeon. (Ie, the land above it.) Can be quite a pain in the ass to backtrack to try to find my emerald dust...

(I'm also not a huge fan of the price rebalancing they did, and they basically made food / drinks almost worthless for healing. It used to be you could swig some cranberry juice and eat some grilled pork, and you'd heal about as well as a potion of the swallow, but now food and drinks just override each other, all durations have been set to 10 seconds, and they're about half as effective...)

Games anymore... We know there is $20 GOY guy out there, I never argued with them, but didn't roll that way. Anymore I'm starting to think I should become that $20 GOY guy for AAA's. Too many patches and too many patches that bring their own new issues.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released
35. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released Oct 14, 2015, 10:28 HorrorScope

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 09:42:
harlock wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 08:58:
still has that bullshit vsync bug, where vsync wont work - either on or off in-game with nvidia control panel forcing it on

just constant tearing, same as before...

jesus fucking christ guys... seriously?

Works fine on AMD cards, maybe you should file a bug report with nvidia.

It is working with my nvidia card as well. There is no doubt a very nice graphical improvement with this version.

5612 Comments. 281 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo