Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3016 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Thief (Review) Mar 2, 2014, 14:54 HorrorScope

Kajetan wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 14:40:
Tanto Edge wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 14:37:
It's not the Thief we want. But the Thief we deserve.
We deserve crap?

Probably, but we still ask for more.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
16. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Mar 2, 2014, 11:58 HorrorScope

Panickd wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 22:11:
Task wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 16:10:
They won't be arrested because they are above the law and think they are "righteous" in their ways. Bush and Co. were not arrested. And Obama and Co. will not be arrested either. They receive state protection.

Oh Jesus Christ, dude! Pick a side! Evil... or slightly less Evil!

Slightly less evil, means they can change and not be evil.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
31. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 2, 2014, 11:50 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 23:58:
What I cannot stand is Obama and his usual lip service, it makes us look more weak and insignificant than had he said nothing at all - we've lost all credibility because every "red line" Obama puts out there is crossed and laughed at.

You're right, he needs to say and do this, "We are ending all wars today that involve our troops. If you attack us in anyway it will come back swift and strong unproportionate in the US favor."

I believe if there were a vote that general idea is what American's want. Not the world police, we never wanted that and actually hate it. We don't have children in the US to give up their lives to work out issues between other countries. I've never sat in a bleacher talking to parents of a future where our kids give up their lives over the squabbles between other countries. That is not acceptable.

Sort of like how no one fucks with China, they'll leave you alone if you leave them alone otherwise you got big problems.

We have the ability to simply not war in most cases and we don't, which means we fail. But there is money in it for the sick bastards who have to have control and will kill for it. So why we do what we do is no surprise.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2014, 11:57.

30. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 2, 2014, 11:45 HorrorScope

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 20:47:
So what does this mean? It means that military intervention on the part of the US/EU in the Ukraine to maintain its territorial integrity would necessitate a full-scale, medium-intensity war on land, on the sea, and in the air. Is keeping ethnically Russian, and Russian speaking Crimea a part of the Ukraine worth such a war to you? Or are you just interested in blustering and finding new ways to hate Obama?

Pretty much this. Is it impossible to leave the country and live elsewhere?

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Mar 2, 2014, 11:41 HorrorScope

Acleacius wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 21:14:
There are so many tech people, wouldn't someone have noticed if cell phones/devices were transmitting while off and cache disabled? Also wouldn't it cause "problems" with airlines, as the airlines always claimed the reason they needed to be turned off during takeoff/landing? Not that I ever believed anything an airline says.

The airline cell thing there is zero issue and that has been the way for years. At this time it is passengers feedback for not having them on, phone talkers, the lowest of scum.

From what I understand is if your phone is online, it is trackable. For example mine has a 911 setting that cannot be shut off, it is for tracking in emergency only, sure and I'm fucking mindless.

News Comments > Steam Family Library Sharing Live
36. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 2, 2014, 11:33 HorrorScope

About being whiny or not...

I think people wanted it to be:

"I can share my game library, they can then play a game from my llibrary that I am not playing". (Cool!)

That is it.

Not "They can't play any game from my library when I am playing anything at all.". (Limiting.)

So it works in the world of "I can play something from yours when you are off doing something else in life". (Again Limiting)

News Comments > State of Decay DLC Plans
11. Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Mar 1, 2014, 17:25 HorrorScope

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 20:14:
The world persistence is a non-issue; it will only negatively effect your game if you leave it in a negative state to begin with. If you leave the game alone for more than a day, the amount of time that passes is unnoticeable.

Yah they patch and nerfed the affect. I thought this was a great effort.

13. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Mar 1, 2014, 17:24 HorrorScope

Bush had a couple few moments where he conveniently threw down... after a huge mess... "It's not about the past, but making sure it doesn't happen in the future." What I always heard is we know who they are that did it and we a pardoning them completely.

I say it's all about the past and future when shit hits the fan. The past is to get those who did it and behind bars.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Mar 1, 2014, 17:16 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 15:07:
Tracking you on a cell is useless because you can disable GPS

I was under the impression it is never totally turned off while the phone is on.

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 1, 2014, 15:28 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 15:13:
I feel for the people of the Ukraine but that's not our problem. And America as the world's policeman only does more harm than good. Shit, we have plenty of problems at home that need fixing first. So let's just focus on those, shall we?

If there were a vote, people would want to go back to Pre-WW2 plans. And that is we don't get involved unless you threaten us directly or attempt to take over the world. I just don't recall anywhere in history that the people asked for World Peace or World Order or...

8. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 1, 2014, 15:25 HorrorScope

Draugr wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 14:42:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 14:39:
I just set up with another.... I'm seeing very very few games that allow sharing.

In my experience they don't list dupes, but I've never had a game that wasn't allowed. are you sure it's not just filtering that? Obviously this would make the shared game listed look a bit smaller, heh.

Could be dupes. Will review more, just getting into it.

6. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 1, 2014, 14:39 HorrorScope

I just set up with another.... I'm seeing very very few games that allow sharing.  

5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Mar 1, 2014, 13:13 HorrorScope

Stormsinger wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 12:47:
Personally, the reason I have serious doubts about the conspiracy theories is that all evidence suggests that those who would have to be behind them are too stupid to actually pull it off. The state of things as we see them seem more likely to be the result of pedestrian corruption, greed, incompetence and stupidity than the plans of some cabal of evil geniuses.

There is no doubt some are false but then some are true. Did you watch the link? JFK is specifically targeting things that are run by evil geniuses. Coming from the President that was then assassinated...

4. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 1, 2014, 12:42 HorrorScope

So what is the benefit?

I don't have to know the other shared libraries username and password and be logged in as them. I can now use their stuff if they aren't on AND I can still be me while doing so

That is it. Slightly better, more secure, allows you to keep yourself online.

For what we really want or the other posters allude to. Like that was ever going to happen. Sure we want it, but we weren't really born last night were we?

3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Mar 1, 2014, 12:23 HorrorScope

First how could we realistically ever trust them?

But then the definition of terrorist becomes paramount.

One of the better replies to a lot of good replies to that article:

"Anyone that doesn't agree with or support everything the U.S. government is doing. If you're not with them then you must be against them. If you're against them then you're automatically a terrorist. "

You know every so often, people here or anywhere will call you a nut-job for believing in conspiracies as if they don't exist (Comcast Merger is a good thing for people). Well the man that last fought the hardest for us, had a speech that is straight out of the CONSPIRACY BIBLE, he'd be the man in the know and he tells us of shadow gov'ts, he then is killed, which becomes about the biggest conspiracy, his brother to continue to the legacy is killed running for president. I'm talking of JFK, conspirator believer.

One of the best least known speeches ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxNw8OhmVZE

So if we are all wacko's believing in conspiracies, then explain when the most powerful man in America is telling us straight up that we have to uncover and weed out secret societies because they are evil? Tell me what info you have that is more solid than JFK's.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 28, 2014, 23:03 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 14:46:
I use my phone to check maps - but not while I'm driving! When I'm stopped at the lights. Otherwise I'll pull over because driving and flashing back and forth between a map and the road is both dangerous and ultimately impractical. Again, there's zero need to do this whilst actually in the process of driving.

In Cal it is illegal to pull over on the highway to do anything anymore, less emergency. It wasn't that long ago that is what the good people would do, company told us to do that. Pull over do your thing get back on. They have now deemed getting back into traffic too dangerous. Boss was shocked when I did it once and a cop told me you can't do that anymore. You have to get off the highway completely now.

People just hate others using their cell phones. It's ok that they use it, but when they see others, they think they are being unsocial to them and showing them up. Weird complex. There are many things that can distract in a car, most still perfectly legal to do.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 28, 2014, 15:01 HorrorScope

I take the word experimenting the same way as EA uses the word. Hey look FTP O/S's now nickle and diming...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support
27. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support Feb 28, 2014, 14:57 HorrorScope

gray wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 12:11:
I find this an odd announcement as it's been working for me the whole time, Crytek added support at an engine level a while back.

Shhhh. No one was supposed to notice.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support
7. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Adds Oculus Rift Support Feb 28, 2014, 10:07 HorrorScope

Well sure it does!

I hear everything has Rift support, it's great to know since there isn't a release date for the Rift yet.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
35. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 27, 2014, 23:45 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:54:
My point was that within the next 5-10 years where will these consoles be in terms of performance if they are having issues running games on today's standard resolution.
Sony and Microsoft made these consoles to last nearly 10 years, but I am having a really hard seeing that happen with the current hardware specs these machines have.

Yep. They got the ram right but totally blew raw performance.

3016 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo