Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5248 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Videos
14. Re: Sword Coast Legends Videos Jul 3, 2015, 19:46 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 17:52:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 17:20:
harlock wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 15:44:
i dont know how many of you were DMs, but making maps is like the first thing you do for dungeon crawls... its not just essential, its quintessential

so yeh, skipping this BULLSHIT

That's fine, but you must have a small list of games, because that being cool, hardly exists and well there is a lot of other parts to this game. None of the current ISO's have any of this either and well a lot less than this.

wtf are you talking about.. im talking about actual RPG games, like pen and paper shit

Well I'm talking video games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Sword Coast Legends Videos Jul 3, 2015, 17:20 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 15:44:
i dont know how many of you were DMs, but making maps is like the first thing you do for dungeon crawls... its not just essential, its quintessential

so yeh, skipping this BULLSHIT

That's fine, but you must have a small list of games, because that being cool, hardly exists and well there is a lot of other parts to this game. None of the current ISO's have any of this either and well a lot less than this.

10. Re: Sword Coast Legends Videos Jul 3, 2015, 17:19 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 15:19:
Hey dude, where are you reading that follow up info from? their site?

Yes, they are replying a bit to those with concerns.

7. Re: Sword Coast Legends Videos Jul 3, 2015, 14:43 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 13:59:
but its still consolized shit.

Well that isn't going to change, they followed up with...

"Very few things are completely off the table, in time."

5. Re: Sword Coast Legends Videos Jul 3, 2015, 13:36 HorrorScope

Fion wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 12:49:
I guess my hope that this game will offer a custom tool system as comprehensive as NWN2 was a pipe dream.

Yeah that isn't happening.

DEV:
To be completely clear, we don't currently support laying out the dungeon in a tile by tile fashion. But it does also appear to be the #1 request, which is understandable.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2015, 13:41.

3. Re: Sword Coast Legends Videos Jul 3, 2015, 12:49 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 12:33:
Random map generation only. Sigh.

As one from their main forums said. Why would we expect a full blown editor/language since it is coming to consoles, game and toolset? Knowing that totally limits what it will do.

1. Re: Sword Coast Legends Videos Jul 3, 2015, 12:15 HorrorScope

Well for cookie cutter setup this looks promising, pretty excited to see if it flys well.

Content Creation tools like the ones built into mmo's (Neverwinter), have the breaking issue of, being a mmo everything has to always try to be in some type of balance, you can't go too hard, can't drop loot you want etc. Way too many restriction due to the nature of a MMO. Being a mmo there is always the competitive pull and people would make quests for loot speed runs, developer then has to reprogram/nerf, all the mmo balance BS, which ultimately makes it bland and boring. Being personal server based, you don't have those limitations and that is a big limitation not to have, could be the difference between boring and great.

Things that look good beyond just the basic cookie placement is modifying monsters with unique stats/skills/appearance, playing DM as others play the quest from the hero side of it, a meter to control what you place and do live things with. And finally taking control of any monster as the DM and fighting, the human AI will give the encounter a fresh feeling to players.

Yeah no word at all about a scripting language, which as we know would make it boundless, but for a Wizard type tool and how it plays with a live GM, not being bound to mmo balance... not bad.

News Comments > Swords Coast Legends Stream Today
5. Re: Swords Coast Legends Stream Today Jul 2, 2015, 12:11 HorrorScope

Yeah I'm not expecing a robust script language to make mods. Sort of a wizard-wyswyg setup. Perhaps best ever made, but will probably have a same'ish feel for anything made with it.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 1, 2015, 11:13 HorrorScope

Surveillance Court? We're going to have a sub-court for every topic now? Obviously Surveillance court will serve Surveillance. Like Football court is pro football, because without it, they don't exist. Surveillance Court, what will they think of next?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 30, 2015, 12:58 HorrorScope

PS5 Nvidia based.  

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
46. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 30, 2015, 10:37 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 10:20:
just wanting to give Microsoft a tongue lashing.

I came here for the tongue lashing, pc support alive and well!

28. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 29, 2015, 21:23 HorrorScope

Julio wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 20:13:
I'm surprised anyone thinks that Microsoft cares about anything Mojang beyond Minecraft.

Hardly anyone would think that. But we do hold them to their Commitment(tm) to PC Gaming any time we can.

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
64. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 20:29 HorrorScope

Parias wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 19:58:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 19:44:
Reading up on Star Marine that sounds a lot different than the original vision given. I recall, you can hit different body parts and that would affect the hitee. That you could miss and do damage to the ship and that would then need repair before it is too late. That you could sabotage someone at a docking station and steal their ship. Now it sounds like meet a station and do some un-attached PvP? Huh?

That's the long-term plan for the full, persistent-universe portion of the game once it's actually developed. The smaller-scale "Star Marine" concept is just the initial implementation of FPS combat to get things working and tested, just like what they're doing with "Arena Commander" for the space combat.

Ah thanks, its just another step. So many plans to keep straight.

16. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 29, 2015, 19:46 HorrorScope

Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 18:27:
Seems Notch's notorious MO for starting things and abandoning them has been rubbing off. I fear for Minecraft, I really truly do.

We got the miraculous augment version of Minecraft coming.

Perspective, in the sports world they still marvel and adjust the price of all NA sports teams over the sale of the Clips to Madman Ballmerm, paying 2 billion. Well the clips aren't even worth Minecraft, lol. I'd say you can't reprice anything because of these two purchases, its just MS insanity, not the market working.

They need to make movies fast over Minecraft in hopes to make back their investment.

61. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 19:44 HorrorScope

Reading up on Star Marine that sounds a lot different than the original vision given. I recall, you can hit different body parts and that would affect the hitee. That you could miss and do damage to the ship and that would then need repair before it is too late. That you could sabotage someone at a docking station and steal their ship. Now it sounds like meet a station and do some un-attached PvP? Huh?  

3. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 29, 2015, 18:21 HorrorScope

Add this to the classic list of MS showing PC support.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out
17. Re: Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out Jun 29, 2015, 18:19 HorrorScope

I don't think they are talking steam machines, steam isn't making the steam machines are they? Not surprised about the other, esp the controller, lots of people interested and willing to try.  

55. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 17:47 HorrorScope

Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 17:45:
Hasn't it been like three YEARS already?! And just AC to show for it?! WTF?! And everyone's ok with this? 'I don't mind the delays' Are you crazy? He's got like over $80 million and still can't develop a game within a typical triple-A game dev period...

=-Rigs-=

Yep, that is the truth, like it or not. One could say this is under-preforming on return given time so far. When this is a game that has to break records of over-delivering to give us what it promises. Not a good sign.

54. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 17:45 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 17:31:
Another reason I don't understand why people play these shit hole games. Every "popular" game on steam is early access bullshit survival pvp pve. ARK sold tons of copies but from what I've seen, it doesn't even deserve half. It runs like shit and plays like shit. Fucking gamer muppets these days with the developers got their hands shoved so far up their asses making them speak "OPEN WORLD, SAND BOX, FREE TO PLAY, NEXT GEN".

I get what you are going for but people are buying them because they like them, it isn't anyone's fault your preferences aren't market leaders.

And there are still plenty of game out there beyond EA Survival games, there are 1000's of games. What are you wanting that you are getting less Star Citizen?

45. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 17:09 HorrorScope

Flak wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 13:27:
The FPS module will really be the make-or-break moment for me. I've been supportive of these guys since day 1, when they announced an expansive world that included FPS elements, I was hooked.

However, the FPS developers have virtually no experience with legitimate FPS games and they're taking this long to produce anything tangible. It's becoming more and more concerning as time goes on.

And they are promising things in their FPS that games that just do FPS haven't done in the past. Best of FPS world to!!!

5248 Comments. 263 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo