Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3385 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
44. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 23:02 HorrorScope

PropheT wrote on May 8, 2014, 22:03:
Fibrocyte wrote on May 8, 2014, 15:13:
Ahhh... typical Bluesnews. Bashing the hell out of a title even though they haven't played it or they barely played it.

This game is very satisfying to those of us who like MMOs and want a new one to play. It has similarities to WoW and it differs significantly.

I love MMO's, and play or have played most of them. After trying Wildstar again today I don't have anything positive to say about it, and I usually at least kind of like practically anything that's competent. Aside from the art and animations there really isn't anything I enjoyed about in my time I spent with it, and it still has the worst UI of any game I've played in recent memory even after they updated it.

I want to like it but really, really can't get into it at all. This game was hyped all to hell and it just sucks.

So far I'm leaning this way. It isn't really smooth, I get good frames but it isn't smooth when rapid turning and it puts me off. Combat just seems meh so far, the ground signals even for our output is just too much extra gfx to distract. I'll give a few more evenings though. The opening tutorial is poor. Player movement speed seems slow.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2014, 00:22.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Capcom Financials
1. Re: Capcom Financials May 8, 2014, 13:50 HorrorScope

Hey at least they have reasonable levels of expectations. Happy with 1.2 million in sales.  

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
17. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 13:45 HorrorScope

BitWraith wrote on May 8, 2014, 12:45:
Here's a glimpse of the future:

Prerelease - Massive hype. "This is the WoW killer!"
Release - Game sells (downloads?) VERY WELL. 1 million plus.
Immediately after release - Game has launch problems and bugs. Game has downtime.
After first month - Internet turns against game. Vast majority quit playing after first month.
Rest of game's life - Games floats on cruise control.

Most likely, but one thing we have under-estimated from some of the big names that didn't hit it huge, was that cruise control can still be very profitable and over a long period of time. Where we make fun of some still today, they are still making bank each month, not as big as hoped but it will easily pay off as a long term win.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse May 7, 2014, 18:06 HorrorScope

What I see is a person that can't get that shit ass smile off his face because he can't believe all the kickback money he's getting. It was this or McDonald's and can't believe he got away with it.  

News Comments > Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible
47. Re: Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible May 7, 2014, 17:59 HorrorScope

Yeah knowing a little more about the story it's not as bad as first thought, they are looking for further development, obviously this one got sideways on them. I read the total against side of this as just more I hate EA. I hate Greenlight. I like both, these games shouldn't be breaking the bank and if you research and take the risk, you should be ok with the whole idea. Some will always fail.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 7, 2014, 10:57 HorrorScope

Yeah nice fuckin pic. I'd say "not that one, lets take another".  

9. Re: Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible May 7, 2014, 10:33 HorrorScope

Slashman wrote on May 7, 2014, 10:23:
Here is what I don't get. The game was Early Access, not released as finished. Early Access, as far as I know, is not meant to fund development

To me it seems nearly all are supporting the devs to finish it.

8. Re: Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible May 7, 2014, 10:32 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on May 7, 2014, 10:10:
This is exactly why I don't buy Early Access games. Once they can get money for what they've done, why bother finishing it? Why not just promise updates until the sales flag significantly, then cut and run?

1, 2 or 3 bad apples don't ruin the concept for me. Like always review the project and don't spend your last dollars for an E.A.

I like EA and haven't been burnt, but if/when I do for the first time, well nothing in life goes perfect. I didn't give up driving the first time the beater broke down.

In the case of this game, love the comments I'm sorry I'm leaving, but then has the balls to talk about a sequel. Anyone giving him more money is "Shame on You!".

News Comments > Valve Offering Earth: Year 2066 Refunds
50. Re: Valve Offering Earth: Year 2066 Refunds May 6, 2014, 22:50 HorrorScope

Killswitch wrote on May 6, 2014, 22:41:
NKD wrote on May 6, 2014, 22:17:
There ARE safeguards. People are getting full fucking refunds!

There needs to be safeguards before the crime is committed like I had originally stated. As it is now, Valve is reactive instead of proactive; this needs to change.

If it got really bad I would agree. A bump here and there is totally what we should expect.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
3. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2014, 21:17 HorrorScope

The basics:

No Bruce Lee.

Turned a profit.
360-PS3 ~270 mil each. (Down 26%)
PC-Online 300 mil (Down 19%)
Mobile 83 mil (Down 47%, future my ass)
Bone and PS4 50 mil each.

Down quite a bit overall %'wise.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
2. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2014, 21:07 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on May 6, 2014, 19:01:
WoW is incredibly stale right now.

Not sure if serious.

News Comments > EA Financials
6. Re: EA Financials May 6, 2014, 21:06 HorrorScope

Ok the basics:

Turned a profit.
360-PS3-PC have roughly the same size market at EA. ~250 mil each.
Mobile is 1/2 of any one of those. ~115 mil
Bone and PS4 about 3/4's the size each of mobile. ~85 mil each.

News Comments > EA Financials
5. Re: EA Financials May 6, 2014, 21:00 HorrorScope

Bruce Lee? This shits getting serious.  

News Comments > Valve Offering Earth: Year 2066 Refunds
10. Re: Valve Offering Earth: Year 2066 Refunds May 6, 2014, 10:04 HorrorScope

In the end all was taken care of. There is always going to be some of this, but imo fraud like this is a lot lower than many other aspects of life and they all got refunded, imo it all worked well enough.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 6, 2014, 09:57 HorrorScope

"instead increasingly focusing on cyberattacks, like denial-of-service assaults, spearphishing, and network intrusion, rather than mass-emailing a crafted executable file randomly to millions ó including to a burgeoining base of Mac users that are immune to such attacks."

As much as we praise Win 7, it is disappointing that Mac is immune to such attacks and seemingly we have an infinite amount of ways for people to hack into us.

Overall though it's good news, it means it is improving for us when it's not a lucrative for them.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2014, 09:39 HorrorScope

"We shipped Halo: Reach with 150 people," Osborne told Polygon in an interview. "We've got about 500 now working on Destiny. It takes a lot of people, and a lot of smart people to make a game that measures up today."

Indies disagree. But if gfx is your only thing, perhaps there is more a point there.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 6, 2014, 09:33 HorrorScope

Shaq Fu is interesting, very little was contributed on the low end by the general pop, but has lots of high end bids. Seems like the powers over the people contributed to get this made.  

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot
7. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot May 5, 2014, 23:30 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:02:
I thought Borderlands sucked. Cel-shading? Fugly. 50 million tiny variations on the same weapon? Yawn. Shallow, uninteresting, repetitive world.

Which you could edit a config file and then kick on Sweet Fx, it is a very good looking game to boot. It's a First Person ARPG, so you get the millions of variations and repetitive play. What this also did was have a wonderful narrative as you played, which ARPG's don't really have much of. A+

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot
1. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot May 5, 2014, 20:41 HorrorScope

"Itís an episodic series thatíll be $4.99 per episode (or you can save with the Season Pass)"

And I believe by most now, recommended to wait until the season is over.

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
51. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 20:05 HorrorScope

LOL the NDA is online of all things...

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/168994612/Oculus-ZeniMax-NDApdf

3385 Comments. 170 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo