Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4198 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 4, 2014, 23:51 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 10:58:
So when Iran does it, they be bad. But the U.S. foreign policy is the exact reason they would do any of this apparent hacking stuff, if they actually did it. First the U.S. authorized the illegal overthrow of Iran's leader in 1953, then the CIA's puppet leader Shah falls from power in 1979 when fundamentalists became furious when they found what the U.S. did to Iran. Then the Iran/Contra Scandal in which CIA figures lied under oath, THEN giving Iraq chemical weapons and arms to be used on Iran during the Iraq-Iran war.

The U.S. shall reap what it has sown.

I wish more would realize this. Somehow we are so brainwashed to the point that we think we are good and never lie (even though we have numerous reports of lying) and they are bad now question. To the point they know they are bad people, not that they have their own perspective on things and what they are doing is what feels right to them. Perfect for those that profit in war on both sides.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed
20. Re: Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed Dec 4, 2014, 22:04 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 21:21:
the big picture: "this game is demanding on hardware, don't expect to get a solid 120 FPS on a nice rig, don't expect 60 FPS on a 2-year old rig" that's what this story is about. and i'm all for more demanding games.

IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

Yeah if the game delivers true next gen, all for it. I am not at all for a demanding game that doesn't raise the bar, then it is what we call lazy for a lack of a much longer explanation.

That said, Intel doesn't have a next gen processor for us, they have basically the same chip game performance wise in about 20 chips.

News Comments > Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed
13. Re: Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed Dec 4, 2014, 20:45 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 18:52:
can we stop getting out panties in a twist for games that actually push graphical requirements forward?

Because it us bull on one end or the other. Here is why this is bullshit.

Minimum a 670? One can't tell me a 660 wouldn't play the game. So when it does and it will be just a tad slower I guess the minimum was wrong.

Even more wrong is the processor. 2500k, a 2400 won't play it? One won't even see a difference between the two, be lucky to see a 1 fps difference.

In those two cases vc and proc, it's BS if I can go lower and it still plays well enough.

Total ram, well that one is more probable, depends on how they code it. It will be interesting to see if 16 gigs outplays 12 gigs, if it doesn't then 12 should be recommended. My guess is there will be next to no fps difference between 12 and 16 gigs.

I'm for pushing HW if it is truly pushing it, giving us new never seen before visuals and gameplay. Not just being lazy or in this case being wrong on minimum specs, the next steps down in all areas is very negligible.

My educated guess, using gaming history as my reference, it would me more like:
i5 or better (whatever the amd equiv is). I could see their being a difference between an i3 to i5.

Vc wise imo you have a handful of plateaus for demanding games. If the minimum for your game is a 670, you got problems imo. You better be raising the bar big time with visual/gameplay. The notches would be 550, 460, 650, 560 and 660 for a modern 3d game. I could see these as being reasonable levels where the bottom end could lie. The 660 bottom, better still be best game ever material, that is a high minimum.

I could see video ram being more of an issue than speed, but a 670 guarantees you nothing over a 660 ram wise. 2 gig is normal for each.

One can say "you can't say that you don't know", keep a tab on this one. If it is what they say it is and it matters that having anything just below minimum being very noticeable negatively then they are right. But what we'll see is specs directly under the minimum will play it very nearly the same as their minimum, meaning there is a lower true minimum. Otherwise they better be bringing "best ever" with them. I hope they do.

Been wanting to get this off my chest. IT IS TIME FOR INTEL TO STEP UP AND GIVE US A SHINY NEW REALLY IMPROVED PROCESSOR. Amd won't be pushing them and it is just time we get a nice bump, been swimming in the same area for years now, it is quite disappointing at this time.

EDIT: I see they also have a controversial pre order bonus game mode one supposedly can't get if they pre-order, which means one can probably get it after, for more $$$. Play as the monster.

$575 upgrade if you need proc, vc and ram.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2014, 20:56.

News Comments > Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale
22. Re: Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 4, 2014, 16:35 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 12:34:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 12:30:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 12:27:
Still 175K left of free Age of Wonders! Looks like it's going down about 1K every 3 mins. And that might accelerate as word spreads. There's probably only a couple of hours left before they run out.

How many will then play it past 1 hour?

Oh, I'm not going to play it. I just want it in my collection. It's a classic!

I kid, of course. I love old-school RTSs and missed this one the first time around. This is perfect for playing offline on business trips and such. Still, to your point, it would be interesting to see the the stats for how many people actually play the games given away for free.

Yes very good game. But I have to think a lot of people have a backlog and games like this are far from uncommon anymore. I do wonder how many people are really going to get into it. But it's free. Download it now! If they charge just a $1, it weeds out the contenders from the pretenders.

News Comments > Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale
13. Re: Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 4, 2014, 12:30 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 12:27:
Still 175K left of free Age of Wonders! Looks like it's going down about 1K every 3 mins. And that might accelerate as word spreads. There's probably only a couple of hours left before they run out.

How many will then play it past 1 hour?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 4, 2014, 12:09 HorrorScope

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 22:21:
As a taxpayer, I'd rather see states cut pork projects, graft, corruption and go back to open public bids instead of giving contracts to their buddies and getting kickbacks.

Once the state government can get its own house in order and stop squandering the tax money it rakes in annually, THEN it can whine and cry about tax revenue from online sales.

That isn't ever going to happen to any gov't ever.

So yes, they should pay taxes, it is just a tech loophole.

It is what it is, it is a sale and our system taxes it. We need gov't backed systems to function. Necessary evil.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
27. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 4, 2014, 11:58 HorrorScope

panbient wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 08:15:
InBlack wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 04:15:
Or are you one of those guys who goes, well fuck it she wore that short skirt the dirty whore had it coming to her....

There's a time and place for everything. Short skirts and titty shirts = club, not office, or at least not in an office where you expect to be treated and seen as a professional. No, it doesn't have to be some puritan outfit or a ultra modest suit. But seriously, I've seen strippers on cam sites charge money to get their shirts open that much. Really though, could she have chosen a tighter shirt?

I understand you want to defend the idea of personal expression free from judgement but it's impossible for that shirt to button above her breasts. Maybe you should actually LOOK at the ACTIONS instead of just reading about them, it'll save you 1000 words after all.

Situations like this will always remind me of an old manager. HE was against a dress code for the management level of the call center. HE wanted to be able to keep coming into work with Ugg boots and khakis and a giant t-shirt like all the cool hip-hop dudes. HE kept dropping lines about 'doing it / getting it done like a baws' but couldn't understand why no one took him seriously as a boss. He looked and acted like every entry level person tethered to a phone but expected special recognition on sight. I'm certain swapping out the oversized t-shirts for some button up shirts (and not even tucking them in) would have resulted in substantially more recognition. But no.... the ideal should never be compromised.

Non-verbal communication through wardrobe goes a long way, especially in the workplace. I was his subordinate and had to explain this to him - it was futile. He kept doing what he wanted and ignored what needed to happen to get the results he felt he deserved.

Like a brat.

Right on. I'm not saying right or wrong. I'm not saying smart or dumb. I could in some ways but that isn't the point. The point is read the room, know the world you live in. People say one thing and do another, "oh it's cool how you dress" to your face. Behind your back "can you believe what she is wearing? whore". Jealousies etc.
I have no clue if this is normal attire for this lady or not and what here plea really is. But if it is being sexually hit on looking like that, then you are just playing games, playing the tease. A mini-black widow.

News Comments > Game Reviews
22. Re: Game Reviews Dec 4, 2014, 02:58 HorrorScope

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 22:31:
The combat in DA2 is primarily what killed it for me. Damned enemies just dropping out of nowhere into the middle of your formation all the time pretty much destroyed the idea of tactical combat decisions.

What is interesting is a lot of highly rated tb games have been doing that without much a burp. But boy did DA2 get baptized to hell and back. The game played amazing as an action game, I know that. It seemed tactically shallow for a constant pause based game. Good thing a shit load of TB games dropped on our lap totally fulfilling that need.

But the baddies had teleport, common fantasy skill. Since we had quick renewing abilities, we were able to handle these teleporting baddies. The main thing that got me with DA2, you look at someone wrong. Bam, they turned into a blood mage. Should have been called Dragon Age: Return of the Thing.

16. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 4, 2014, 02:45 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 02:28:
Who gives a shit what she's dressed like??

It's easy to say that and feel above it all. But it doesn't work that way in reality. Like "I don't care what people say", most cases "you do". So lets cut the crap here.

We still are driven by hormones, her chest is extremely open, she is sending two signals, one that is visual and the second about her personality, very open and perhaps sexual. That tat's also send a signal of being independent and more open to "whatever". Remember the days when a beard was "Anti establishment" well tats are double/triple that.

Like a tramp stamp on the backside, she is telling you something, she knows it as well. It has the name for a reason.

Doesn't make people bad.
Doesn't make people stupid.
But it does send signals, so you are either toying with people or advertising something about yourself with your look.

People are judged by appearance. People create an appearance as part of their personality. Denying that means you haven't come to grips with reality and fantasy.

Again doesn't make a bad or wrong person. But you just can't be that and the church lady at the same time. Doesn't work that way.

I don't care what her claim is, I don't live in her gamergate world, I refuse to accept whatever they are selling. They don't speak for me. Not looking for anyone to speak to me in a censoring manner. That said I don't harass ladies in any way in the realz, I understand behavior. If they/someone is being harassed, report it to authorities.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2014, 02:53.

10. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 3, 2014, 23:23 HorrorScope

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 22:18:
Iesu Christi! That woman looks like a member of the D-list squad from a seedy strip joint.

If you want to be treated as a professional, you need to present yourself as a professional.

Right, I mean really. "Just because I dress in some type of new-wave cyber punk, slutty way, I should looked at as a Wall Street Exec, because looks shouldn't matter". Good luck, you are basically fighting against traits since the dawn of time. I guess "dress for success" etc means little to you, but you still expect the best. Doesn't work that way, never has.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 3, 2014, 21:50 HorrorScope

The only mistake was someone paying $50 or $60 for it.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Op Ed Dec 3, 2014, 19:27 HorrorScope

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 18:02:
God, you people slant left. Are you saying more government involvement is a good thing in this case? lol "Five myths, and the real facts! Based on liberal opinion. and the assumption that government will always do the right thing."

Who thinks that? Lets not take everything to it's slippery slope extremes. My wife's place of work the District Manager threw out the idea "don't take lunches" recently. Hello? It is a law. One we've had for a long time and at sometime in his career probably took advantage of. But it is just another reminder of if we don't have laws employers will exploit you to the nth level, loss a hand too bad not beat it you are no good to us now. Because of things like this and crime (blackmarket business) is why we have laws, The laws didn't exist but the evils that men do are why we have so many. So when you think it is the govt's fault for having so many, it is just a fault of the seemingly unending evils that men do. So many laws are because of exploits.

Now if you are for no laws and up for a bud-light whatever happens, then ok. But you can't have a level of balance without laws and assume you will be dead in short order. There is always an alpha male better than you.

1. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 3, 2014, 19:22 HorrorScope

I don't know what side she's on and what the sides are, but man lets advertise that chest more in the pick why don't you? I hope you are not one against "guys being horndogs" wearing the shirt that way.

Also lives aren't ruined, perhaps maybe a career in your immediate circle perhaps. But there are plenty of places to move and find a life that no one has ever heard or cared of you.

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Dec 3, 2014, 13:29 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 13:20:
Where the fuck are the patches for this game?

This is where I am it with it.

I wonder how happy they are with sales, I seen some numbers a little while back, didn't look to impressive.

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Dec 3, 2014, 11:56 HorrorScope

peteham wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 04:10:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 12:29:
Meh, I don't really understand this rant. People buying this crap know that they're just donating to the game. Anyone blowing $2500 on this stuff can most likely afford to do so.
I wouldn't care where people put their money if this was primarily a single player game. But since this is now clearly an MMO first and foremost, it creates the valid concern that the game is going to be massively pay to win. I know they keep claiming it won't be, and that there's no "best ship/weapon" blah blah, but so do all other F2P games and fans. And we know how that is never quite true. Paying up always gives you some advantage unless we're talking purely cosmetic items, which clearly, these items are not. Hell, the game isn't even F2P. Personally, a game where I would have to grind a thousand hours to get something whereas some other guy may have just paid up to cut corners and get it instantly (and a lot earlier), doesn't appeal to me one bit. Planetside 2 comes to mind.

What was the funding amount following the original funding campaign again? $7-10 mill or something around there? Meaning they've raked in 50+ million dollars since then. Does anyone truly think people would be coughing up this much cash if they were selling hats, even with the additional motive of funding the game? It's the vague promise of having an advantage when the game launches that really pushes people over the edge. Allegedly, these ships will be obtainable through play as well, but really, how many hours of grinding are we talking to justify a $2500 ship? Sounds like "way out of range for 99.9% of the player base"-territory to me. Otherwise they'd just be pissing all over their backers.

The way I see it, Star Citizen is going to have a very real image problem when it comes to attracting regular players. With good reason.

Point taken. However if the game is good all they have to do for me is follow through with the promise of player run servers, then all the above about ftp advantages goes right out the window. I'll make my own world. IMO that is still pc'ing at it's finest, user run servers.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 3, 2014, 10:24 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 10:15:
Sony outsources a lot of its IT stuff and you get what you pay for.

Yep, whatever they give out, they just should assume it will be taken, like the rest. But that is ok, they shouldn't cry nor worry they have decided that isn't mission critical and the money saved is worth it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 2, 2014, 22:45 HorrorScope

Perhaps let it park in the Employee of the Month spot?  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 2, 2014, 20:23 HorrorScope

"All you do is pay extra on top of your pledge; if the promised goods arrive more than three months late or don't show up at all, you get your money back. Indiegogo is only trialing insurance with one campaign, Olive's anti-stress wristband, but it might expand the offering if the dry run proves successful."

Yeah which bank is backing this?

But I love how it ends... what would be considered a success for a test like this? One that fails to see if the insurance works? Or one that delivers and then not needed? What do you learn if there are no hiccups?

News Comments > Steam Broadcasting Beta
4. Re: Steam Broadcasting Beta Dec 2, 2014, 17:57 HorrorScope

Overon wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 17:49:
How does it stack up to twitch?

Give us some time sparky.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Dec 2, 2014, 12:44 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 12:17:
Verno wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 11:22:
I don't understand why people keep throwing money at this game and I suspect they don't know the reason either.

Because, SPACE.

And more accurately a FPS in space with a little flying on the side.

4198 Comments. 210 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo