Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5246 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
77. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 18:34 HorrorScope

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 16:08:
Private servers for the PU are a no-go. They made a statement a long while ago saying that the complexity of the back end means that the only practical private servers will be limited scope deathmatch arenas.

-scheherazade

You know I think I recall that, just forgot again and pissed all over again. So we get the mmo, where everyone has to fit into this tight generic balance space and all the other things like cash shops, multiple currencies, boring mechanics. So where some are in for 42, I was in it for the running your own "modded" server. So in the end, were going to need someone else to make us a Wing Commander and someone else to make us a Privateer private server based game. So the most cool thing to me, is no more. Limp.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2015, 18:43.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
16. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 11:00 HorrorScope

Vio wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:37:
Quinn wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:23:
Not sure what I wanna see more: an awesome game, once it's done 3 years from now, or this shite turning out as the worst con-debacle of the century. All the popcorn in the world wouldn't be enough in case of the latter, and that's coming from a guy who was looking forward to this game once. A long time ago.

"If" it's done 3 years from now it means the game took 7 years to develop...

You're right, he meant 6 years from now.

Everyone just relax, we haven't even made it to the "we're changing engines" phase yet.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 6, 2015, 10:54 HorrorScope

The 4K article is funny, reads words, looks at pic, lol, just lol.  

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Into the Black Jul 5, 2015, 02:05 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 00:41:
Anyway, as you can see from his post he was suggesting that CIG divert some resources from making more concept ships for sales to other areas of the game to actually get some things done.

It's the only dept making revenue and turning a profit. I get your point, but do you get this one? These people right now are the most important people on the most important project.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Videos
24. Re: Sword Coast Legends Videos Jul 4, 2015, 19:44 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 18:21:
I'm so fucking confused right now. A few months ago I saw a gameplay video with dev commentary ACTUALLY showing the singleplayer campaign. Now they're showing the campaign too, or so the title states, but it's dungeon master multiplayer stuff.

What? I don't get it.

What I want is a singleplayer experience like NWN or NWN2. The gameplay vid from a few months promised this. Now, I have literally no idea what to expect anymore. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? This was my most anticipated game. Now I don't know what to expect anymore.

There is a full SP game like any other, this is discussion of creation tools and DM tools the DM tools for MP gaming.

EDIT: Read Cutter's post on the official forum, that I do agree with. Initial sales should be fine, but the lack of good tools will affect shelf-life playing, from weeks/months to possibly years. That said, we often get excited about mod'ing, a lot of times it is so slow for results that by the time someone has something "most games not named Elder Scrolls", the people have already moved on. Their limited vision should allow for fast creation, so in one way that helps. But after reading a bit, I would agree being able to make your own maps and bringing in your own assets would be very good and if in the same vein as what they show, could still be quick in dev time.

Some want a shit load of triggers for this and that with deep trees, again nothing I'd be against, but so far if there was one thing, creating your own maps would be it.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2015, 19:57.

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced
23. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 4, 2015, 19:38 HorrorScope

Fantaz wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 18:42:
well Win7 is probably going to stop being supported with fewer security updates soon after Win10 is out

I'm pretty sure we are talking years here not soon after.

But it is the same shit we seen. DX10 only game, they make one with the new O/S, thinking they can coax meaningful numbers and no one else follows. They give up after one or two DX10 only games and are forgotten. As said, they are purposely doing this and there is no reason to and it will fail, again. See you all for Windows Next with DX14, because they'll want to skip 13 with the same whole one or two DX14 exclusives trying to push us.

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced
10. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 4, 2015, 15:58 HorrorScope

Oh fucking MS, because face it Win XP can't handle this shit. Thanks for the support.

"Minecraft is available on Windows, Mac, Windows Phone, iOS, Android, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and PS Vita, and now, Windows 10."

I have to assume the Windows only version of Minecraft works on Windows 10.

Is this the only windows version they are going to further develop going forward?

News Comments > Independent Tech Bits
10. Re: Independent Tech Bits Jul 4, 2015, 13:47 HorrorScope

WaltC wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 13:40:
they're graduating people from high-school who cannot *read*, for goodness' sake...;) Says something about the quality of education these days...

That has gone on for many generations now. Some even have a college degree and cannot read, see athletes pushed through the system as they make money for their alma mater.

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
71. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 4, 2015, 13:11 HorrorScope

dsmart wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 12:14:
Just gonna leave this here. It's a long read. Enjoy

Interstellar Citizens

You conclude:
So I really do hope and pray that RSI can pull this off, because if someone like me, with all my experience, and who has spent half a lifetime trying, canít do it, and they, with all this money and star talent canít do it either; then itís safe to say that it simply canít be done. At least not in our lifetime.

Fair, but if they fail is doesn't mean it can't be done, it is just the way they tried or you tried wasn't the way to get there. To me a modular long term vision makes sense, it is sort of what RSI is doing, however let me add "with major backing", like a Blizzard. As much as RSI has rec'd in donations, it won't break the records for the highest cost for a game and whatever game has that record, it surely wasn't as expansive in scope as this is. I hope they can do it, not sure Chris is the guy to organize it, sort of doubt it. In your case, just not enough resources. You were fun character in the day, oh yes you were. Hopefully a bit more mellow and humble now.

News Comments > Batman Console DLC This Month
19. Re: Batman Console DLC This Month Jul 4, 2015, 11:23 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 06:37:
I, like everyone else, agree that WB fucked up the PC release and that they should fix it ASAP. However, from a financial standpoint, it doesn't make any sense for them to withhold DLC on every platform when customers on two platforms are happy with the game and are looking forward to the DLC. People enjoying Arkham Knight on PS4 and XBOne don't really care that the PC version is broken, just like PC gamers didn't really care that the PS3 version of Skyrim was broken.

That is correct, just sayin though...

21. Re: Sword Coast Legends Videos Jul 4, 2015, 10:53 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 23:19:
To answer one of your comments Horro about scripting. Our mod we made. the first one took us 19 months to make that game with a team of 6 people. me being the main person who did most of the work on the levels and detailing and some of the scripting .while others made Textures, portraits. scrips and tiles sets.

Right, that is part of my point. I'm not against and wish it had these things, however as one may have mentioned it's over for them because the game doesn't have a robust modding tool is silly.

It took that time and did you start the day of release? If I recall you didn't, EOB came out several years after release, could be wrong. The game already made its money the first few months, all the cool extra content almost no one played compared to the total number of customers. And you were smart playing on strings of memories past, using EOB as your focus. Think if it had a different map layout and called Thor God of Thunder? It would have probably been played 1/5th of who played your mod, like most, a small % of those who bought NWN.

Actually in SC's case, their toolset wizard, there is a greater chance people playing some of these since some will be done within a week of release and if decent some word of mouth could happen. That said, it won't be like a total conversion mod, it will feel cookie cutter most likely. Will that feeling be immediately or after running a dozen? We'll see.

The game beyond any editors, will be what makes it a financial success or not. Editors are cool points and possible cult followers if done well, which can build long term hype, perhaps assist follow up sales. But I'm not sure it drives sales on the first release. Elder Scrolls it does now, but that was built over many versions and a lot of years. I do agree NWN was more of a focus there, but where did it lead? I guess not to enough sales, the engine was developed further in more games, but the tools were simply forgotten, probably over the %'s of who was really using/playing them.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2015, 13:16.

13. Re: Batman Console DLC This Month Jul 3, 2015, 21:15 HorrorScope

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 21:01:
What does it matter when it was finished?

Ah well I think one of the points the mob had there was you took parts of the final game out and sold it to us again as DLC. So if it were done at the time the game was released that was a no-no. One may or may no agree with that, but I think that was a common comment on it.

News Comments > Independent Legal Briefs
5. Re: re: FBI Offering 4.2 Million Jul 3, 2015, 21:10 HorrorScope

Hanneth wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 19:03:
They are just trying to find the people that know the truth with proof, lock them away, and throw away the key. THERE IS NO MONEY!!!

Funny, I was thinking that is what they are willing to pay as a headhunters fee.

News Comments > Independent Tech Bits
6. Re: Independent Tech Bits Jul 3, 2015, 21:09 HorrorScope

There probably goes their chance at a division 1 football team.  

19. Re: Sword Coast Legends Videos Jul 3, 2015, 20:56 HorrorScope

NewMaxx wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 20:18:
Hmm, reminds me of Storyteller Mode in Vampire: Redemption a little bit.

Yep, but the looks of this it will be easier to make content and use it live. But good call.

18. Re: Sword Coast Legends Videos Jul 3, 2015, 20:55 HorrorScope

Well I'm going with it is what it is. Most games don't even have content creation tools for buyers. If the game didn't have any of this, it will still sell if good. Because they are offering a coop RPG with DnD in the name.

I'm grateful to a point that these dev teams even do any of this. You can see from things like Nexus how many download ad-dons, yes some, (few a lot) but overall it is a small % to overall sales, even Skyrim.

So if you had the script tools and if it were like NWN it would take you months to have anything, many months to have something of size, most players on to the next game and the million you sold, your now dealing with a handful of 1000's that will download your mod if good and who knows how many play it through.

Nice, but nothing that makes or breaks a game profit wise.

11. Re: Batman Console DLC This Month Jul 3, 2015, 20:50 HorrorScope

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 20:44:
Bullshit, they've said on Twitter that there would be no DLC worked on until the PC version is fixed, and guess what? DLC released. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Or in the mess they've proven DLC really is done at release!

15. Re: Sword Coast Legends Videos Jul 3, 2015, 19:47 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 19:04:
And most people responded with 'How was this NOT a given that people would want to build custom maps?' Maybe they can change it, but if they don't then Rick is right and its going to be an awfully short lived game.

Sort of like the last comment, then most games should have been short lived. I'm not so sure why we are assuming that this is a make or break feature. Perhaps a blow to content creation, but there is a whole game being sold here, game creation or not. But whatevahs.

14. Re: Sword Coast Legends Videos Jul 3, 2015, 19:46 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 17:52:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 17:20:
harlock wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 15:44:
i dont know how many of you were DMs, but making maps is like the first thing you do for dungeon crawls... its not just essential, its quintessential

so yeh, skipping this BULLSHIT

That's fine, but you must have a small list of games, because that being cool, hardly exists and well there is a lot of other parts to this game. None of the current ISO's have any of this either and well a lot less than this.

wtf are you talking about.. im talking about actual RPG games, like pen and paper shit

Well I'm talking video games.

11. Re: Sword Coast Legends Videos Jul 3, 2015, 17:20 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 15:44:
i dont know how many of you were DMs, but making maps is like the first thing you do for dungeon crawls... its not just essential, its quintessential

so yeh, skipping this BULLSHIT

That's fine, but you must have a small list of games, because that being cool, hardly exists and well there is a lot of other parts to this game. None of the current ISO's have any of this either and well a lot less than this.

5246 Comments. 263 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo