Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3549 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped
27. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 20, 2014, 11:43 HorrorScope

"We develop on PC primarily, which is actually unusual. With Assassinís Creed, we develop on console,"

OMG. I'd jump off a cliff trying to type a whole game with a game-pad. No wonder games get delayed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Play PC Titanfall for Free
24. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 11:38 HorrorScope

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:18:
True, but isn't their fear that a full 2 days with a sub par game with zero word of mouth will get zero sales? Or maybe 1,000 sales is enough for them to pay for the bandwidth? I dunno. I just don't see many sales from this a 6v6 console game on pc seems like a waste....

2 full days are nice, but I could live with a lot less than that in most games for a preview.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 20, 2014, 09:34 HorrorScope

Snowden is being justified. More hero than villain, these actions are proving it and these actions speak louder than words.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2014, 11:45.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped
3. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 20, 2014, 09:25 HorrorScope

I wonder how much pressure they were under to say that? MS/Sony saying... we're losing this console generation and you sell more games on the console than the pc... DO SOMETHING! Perhaps we won't be seeing PC versions of brands we've used to.  

News Comments > Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained
50. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 21:11 HorrorScope

Razumen wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 17:01:
Meh, some of us prefer to become actual space combat badasses rather than have it handed to us on a silver platter, but to each their own I guess.

Do we know that? It sounds like all space sims so far have been handed to us on a silver platter.

49. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 21:09 HorrorScope

Tumbler wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:50:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:30:
Question I was accepted into the Dogfighting Beta, but have never purchased anything from them. To participate do I need to purchase a ship and the Dog Fighting Arena?

If you don't own anything at this point I'm confused why you got invited,

Think about it... it's genius.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
57. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 20:49 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:45:
The community is overwhelmingly positive, just read the forums -- It's worth a check if you like RPGs.

Yeah it was good times Axis. The global chat is a home run, it's a mmo'ish feature sitting in a Single Player/Coop game. To me it would be a cool feature for practically any Single Player game. You can ask questions with others playing for immediate feedback, adds another layer of interaction to a game.

As for the game, it's right there with the other Iso's CRPG's coming, but this will have full coop and editor, which really makes it a step above the one's still yet to be released. Possibly the closest attempt to NWN's in general scope. There are many things in D:OS that are superior to NWN's. The persistent user run servers could be the only thing NWN has over this, I know many loved that part, I rarely used them.

It's going right to the wire development, it could be one of those games to wait about a month, get a few post release patches out if you have or want a super polished experience.

Playing around with Lords of Xumila, that one is surprising me so far as well. Polished, very interesting takes on how they do their Turnbase combat, slick update UI for a TB game, not shabby at all. Single Player ISO CRPG with a old-school M&M view during combat.
This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2014, 20:59.

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Jun 19, 2014, 12:26 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 10:11:
Come on! Let's get POE finished and shipped dammit!

They can take some time, we have D:OS dropping in a couple weeks as you know. We have what 4 solid TB Isometric games in development? Wasteland 2 should be next after D:OS, so a nice little gap between each seems just right.

So what are the acronyms for Path of Exile and Pillars of Eternity? They both are PoE, is the case different in either. Should be a law against this.

15. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 12:23 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 11:58:
Armengar wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 11:56:
the cyclon spacecraft were organic though werent they?

I know they were in the reboot, not sure about the 70s version...

Not in 70's version.

Creston yep, it is going to be hard to please everyone with the flight model. There has to be at least to large camps on both sides. If you go full on sim, there will be a lot of people that simply won't be able to play it. If you go arcade, then everyone can play it and 1/2 will just be very disappointed. I highly doubt this is news to anyone, but it does give a glimpse on how it isn't really possible to make this game for everyone. It will be interesting to see which side wins.

News Comments > LEGO Minifigures Online Open Beta
4. Re: LEGO Minifigures Online Open Beta Jun 19, 2014, 12:13 HorrorScope

LanikTnt wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 10:57:
I have 3 little girls that would love to try this. Unfortunately, when you login it just goes to the Lego website, not to the game. If someone figures this out, let me know.

Probably being hit a little hard, but there should be a play now button on the link given, that downloads a small app and then install from there. It's working, may have to refresh a couple times.

News Comments > Trine Enchanted Edition Beta
2. Re: Trine Enchanted Edition Beta Jun 19, 2014, 12:09 HorrorScope

+1  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 18, 2014, 21:30 HorrorScope

Pfff, my dad is 72 and plays.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 18, 2014, 21:27 HorrorScope

No should, just be ashamed.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
27. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 23:20 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 20:38:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 17:07:
Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 16:17:
Uh huh, sure it's here to stay, just like 3D. Rolleyes Good thing you're not an investment counselor.

At least I keep the mind of it could go either way, you just simply want something to be a certain way and hope it is.

No, that's the way it's going to be because as a salesman I understand people and their motivations. This isn't rocket surgery. When this fails, and that's when, not if, I'll be sure to give you a 'I told you so.'

Fair enough, I'll return the favor, even though I'm not as confident either way as you are in it having no chance.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 17, 2014, 22:16 HorrorScope

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 21:44:
2. While every other professional sport has moved to pay services like cable or satellite, the NFL makes every regular-season and playoff game available to you for FREE.

Except the thursday game - you know, the one they moved to NFL Network only....

There are plenty of games on Sunday you can't see without buying Sunday Ticket (or streaming from unauthorized sources).

25. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 20:20 HorrorScope

PropheT wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 19:19:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 17:12:
I'll go with this simple reason why it can work. I think a lot of players like to be immersed into their game. If this can help that as much as many think it can, well gameplay has just been enhanced.

In order for that to happen there needs to be a "killer app" that sells people on the technology; it gets to be problematic on a console because in order for that app to get made it generally has to be appeal to a broader audience than it might need to on a PC with something like the Oculus Rift.

I think there will be a flood gate and since many current games are getting patched in to work. There seems like there could be well over a 100 OR ready when released.

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 20:19 HorrorScope

NewMaxx wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 17:55:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 11:31:
If the PS4 does and it works well, it will be a win and another MS miss. They seem to think they are good at catching up when they sit on the sidelines, I'm not so sure.

Microsoft hasn't really given two shits about the console market since the 360. As I've said multiple times before, the console gaming market is headed towards monopolization because the margins just aren't there. Microsoft would have likely sold their XBox division to Sony had Sony had the money at the time. The reality is both companies are struggling to make a profit out of the console market and the only way for it to make sense is if there remains only one.

Micosoft's main goal this generation - and I've posted this multiple times, as well - is to build a userbase via Live to tie into other services. To them that is the bottom-line. That has always been their priority since they relegated themselves to putting a horse in the race. I don't even own any of this or last gen's consoles but I am a student of technology markets and it's pretty f'n obvious that the market is shifting to mobile and, ridiculously enough, PCs.

It's kind of amusing to see fanboys on forums (not you) try to paint MS as some sort of unwieldy behemoth who is ignorant of forces around it and too lazy to do anything when the reality is, again, they don't give a flying F. They just need to do well enough to get a nice userbase for when they spin off and sell/liquidate the division's assets. Microsoft is far, far more interested in the mobile space, especially under the new CEO.

Oh this could very well be. I've thought Sony and MS should just make one box for the both of them, split royalties 50-50 on games they don't develop themselves and then release HW updates 12-24 months at a profit for those that want to stay on top. To me there seems to be a fair argument for that type of coalition, because as you say, there isn't that much excitement there at this time. Hence another reason we need VR to work.

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 17:12 HorrorScope

BitWraith wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 15:54:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 11:31:
BitWraith wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 09:52:
"Nintendo, Microsoft in no hurry to follow Sony into virtual reality."

Probably wise. oculus looks cool to mess around with for a few minutes, but I can't imagine spending any appreciable amount of time using it.

But what about all the people that love it that have used it?

The only question I have for the Consoles is do they have the horse power? If the PS4 does and it works well, it will be a win and another MS miss. They seem to think they are good at catching up when they sit on the sidelines, I'm not so sure.

I used and loved motion controls at one time as well. Now I can't stand them.

Right and one time I liked watching movies and I still do. I used to play golf, haven't in years. I used to not like oysters and now I do. Who's to say if we will like, how we will like and how long we might like until we get our hands on it with some time.

I'll go with this simple reason why it can work. I think a lot of players like to be immersed into their game. If this can help that as much as many think it can, well gameplay has just been enhanced.

3D movies are more of a neat effect, you don't get much more immersed in it. Being simply a good movie can simply pull you in, screen size doesn't even matter. However being in a 3D world in which you can move freely about, surrounded visually in, that holds some promise.

By the way I was never sold on motion controllers, I think in the right setup they can work. That said, I am about having the proper UI peripheral for the right genre. Steering Wheel - Driving. Joystick - Flight. FPS - M/K. RTS - M/K. Sports - Pad. Motion Controller, I can see something like dancing, perhaps even a rod for golfing perhaps.

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2014, 17:07 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 16:17:
Uh huh, sure it's here to stay, just like 3D. Rolleyes Good thing you're not an investment counselor.

At least I keep the mind of it could go either way, you just simply want something to be a certain way and hope it is.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 17, 2014, 14:35 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 12:25:
Why do people watch these people on Youtube? Never mind. Why do people watch day time talk shows and soap operas and reality TV?

Because they like VR glasses!!!

As to the OP, good luck it still takes a clever gimmick/package for it to work.

3549 Comments. 178 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo