Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5601 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches
17. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 13:17 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 13:11:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 13:00:
Gaming Law:
If you buy early, expect to pay more. If you wait, expect to pay less.

That said, there are still ways companies can do things that don't pass the smell test, this could be one. We get the $ value, but there is still things that can happen that aren't quite right. Perhaps that happened here.

What kills me on going back to mmo's after a long time off them... I feel lost and helplessly behind even in a sideways progression game like GW2. Because there are always secrets(tm).

The solution is to play by yourself, that way you aren't comparing anything to anyone else. Thankfully, the vast majority of stuff to do in GW2 can be done solo.

Yay, mmo for solo, which almost all have become.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 23, 2015, 13:05 HorrorScope

We've seen the enemy and they are us.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches
14. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 13:00 HorrorScope

Gaming Law:
If you buy early, expect to pay more. If you wait, expect to pay less.

That said, there are still ways companies can do things that don't pass the smell test, this could be one. We get the $ value, but there is still things that can happen that aren't quite right. Perhaps that happened here.

What kills me on going back to mmo's after a long time off them... I feel lost and helplessly behind even in a sideways progression game like GW2. Because there are always secrets(tm).

News Comments > Halo 5 PC Possibilities
15. Re: Halo 5 PC Possibilities Oct 23, 2015, 12:56 HorrorScope

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 12:24:
Task wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 12:20:
I could care less about halo multiplayer.
*COULDN'T Wall

But what if he could care less? It's possible.

News Comments > Halo 5 PC Possibilities
5. Re: Halo 5 PC Possibilities Oct 23, 2015, 10:03 HorrorScope

"You know, Microsoft has made a huge commitment trying sort of… I think"

Yes that kind of huge.

Just keep your Halo 5, you're gonna need everything for the Bone you can get at this juncture, we'll be ok.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 22, 2015, 12:32 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 11:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 10:52:
"PewDiePie’s production company made over $7.45 in 2014"... You wouldn't say.

As for free content, see that is being a bit entitled there, asking for something for free. I'm not for it, but hell there are costs and people wanting to make a profit, that's how it works. Online content, mods, what have you. They have a fair right to charge and you have a fair right to decide.

Had it been paid from the beginning, it might not have been such a big deal (although arguably, it probably wouldn't have the success it has now). It's when you go from offering something for free to charging for it, that you get the push back.

I think another question is the value of YT. Depending on how much a given person uses it, is it really worth $10 a month? to me, that seems pretty steep.

Free TV first, then cable, there was bitching and moaning to. Hey I'm not going to pay for YT, I could towards a mod if it was good enough. But some will or they won't and then it goes away. However we shouldn't just expect free content really anywhere and just be thankful when we do get it. On the mod end, why do a free mod when you can just make a small game now and sell it?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 22, 2015, 10:52 HorrorScope

"PewDiePie’s production company made over $7.45 in 2014"... You wouldn't say.

As for free content, see that is being a bit entitled there, asking for something for free. I'm not for it, but hell there are costs and people wanting to make a profit, that's how it works. Online content, mods, what have you. They have a fair right to charge and you have a fair right to decide.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Luck Video
10. Re: Fallout 4 Luck Video Oct 21, 2015, 17:54 HorrorScope

The world has spoken on their games, all we can share is personal opinions at this point. I'm betting they will do well with this one.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 21, 2015, 11:39 HorrorScope

He needs to take aim at not looking like a nervous stiff with a 2 by up his ass.  

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Launches
27. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 17:23 HorrorScope

Don't pre-order, watch videos after release. My work is done here on this subject.  

23. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 15:57 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 15:31:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 14:58:
Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 13:57:
Don't buy. It's more of an ARPG than CRPG.

We don't buy ARPG's now? Perhaps not, perhaps we just play PoE. If it is something in-between, that perhaps is a nice little market to be in. Not too deep but not just button mashing.

Nothing wrong with an ARPG. You know Diablo is Diablo. This was touted as being the new NWN and it's not. Not even close. They seriously misrepresented this product. It's not often I feel like I was scammed on a purchase but this was one of those times. I've asked GMG for a refund but I doubt I'll get it. I'm considering doing a chargeback. I've only ever done that once in my life, so that should give you some indication of how burned I feel by this product.

You and I were there at the beginning when they started taking about the game and opening up their forums. They did oversell it then, but I feel after feedback, they've stepped back from that. Watching the 3 sales videos at Steam, they don't reference NWN and how they sell it is accurate with the game. I guess I'm just a bit more dynamic and forgiving IF the game is still fun. It does surprise me that you bought it already, you had a lot more concern than I had. And then not Steam in case of needing a refund? Fool me once...

Patience. Plenty of games to play while learning if a new game is for you.

21. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 15:31 HorrorScope

Flatline wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 15:23:
harlock wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 11:38:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 11:15:
Being a mature gamer, I have zero problem starting at the point of not comparing it to anything and let it be what it is. Now if one doesn't it like it from there fine.

But NWN isn't in the name.

D&D is in the name, and it means something very, very specific. You can redefine anything to suit your own personal needs all day long. It doesnt make you "mature"... if anything it makes you "ignorant"... but anyways the thought of tooting your own horn on that does make you "laughable"

What you think of when you think D&D is not D&D any more. D&D is now a family of products centered around high fantasy now. It's not RPG. Yes, D&D at it's core is an RPG, but the name as a family of products is more lucrative than the idea of collaborative roleplaying.

Video Game wise DnD has one main commonality to it, don't expect it to be like table top DnD. People still get disappointed with this time an again for over 30 years. I know to leave my great DnD desktop hopes behind. Hey it's up to each of us, to me it's a name and then I see what the game itself brings. I like D:OS, Pillars, WL2, etc... this may fit in with those, it doesn't have to fit into a preconceived notion.

19. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 14:58 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 13:57:
Don't buy. It's more of an ARPG than CRPG.

We don't buy ARPG's now? Perhaps not, perhaps we just play PoE. If it is something in-between, that perhaps is a nice little market to be in. Not too deep but not just button mashing.

18. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 14:57 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 12:48:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 12:09:
Being a mature gamer, I have zero problem starting at the point of not comparing it to anything and let it be what it is. Now if one doesn't it like it from there fine.

D&D is in the name, and it means something very, very specific. You can redefine anything to suit your own personal needs all day long. It doesnt make you "mature"... if anything it makes you "ignorant"... but anyways the thought of tooting your own horn on that does make you "laughable"

There's DnD in a lot of games.

so what? has nothing to do with your original argument.

try to focus, like a mature adult - dont just change the subject because you have no counter, like an insolent child

I don't go by names I go by if a game is good. Having a DM in game to me is a bonus, there are next to none that allow it and IMO no one has ever done it well. Perhaps NWN had the most flexibility, but next to no one ever really did it to think that it is a viable money making market. It has to be something that is easy and swift to use for enough people to really make it worth the dev time. There is a reason Bioware doesn't do it any more. Now for those that did use it and didn't like it, I will give you credit, you have a loud voice to make it seem like everybody simply agrees. A handful of people wanting this to me more are making it sound like a complete fail. Sort of like the new attitude with FO4 around here, that game is going to be great, they have their own style and do things no one else has. People can say how much they won't buy it like it's a COD game, I'll be there and it will be gud.

The most important part of this game is if the SP is good, then MP, then DM/MP then content creation tools. Each subsiding group gets much smaller.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2015, 15:10.

12. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 12:09 HorrorScope

There's DnD in a lot of games.

9. Re: Sword Coast Legends Launches Oct 20, 2015, 11:15 HorrorScope

Bioware is no where to be found.

It plays iso, which a lot of games not named Diablo do.

It can have a DM in their way to add something to a static programmed game, haven't seen that in Diablo ever.

Perhaps this game when it first hit the scene over-sold itself a bit, but anyone paying attention knows what it isn't. This game simply got hate because it wasn't NWN. Well get in line there are 90+ games that are down this line that didn't hit NWN either. Go bitch to Bioware as to why they aren't making a NWN 3.

So how many games have had a good DM in it down this line? 1? 2? Ever. So we get hung up on a feature that is universally ignored by almost everyone.

Now I need to find out if this game is any good on its own.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 11:59 HorrorScope

Good times, it's all about how much of a man do you like to portray yourself as. A mans man wears just a wife-beater shirt and thin pants or shorts and plays very offensively, mobile and deadly, but above all else will make sure they have the biggest welt on their body afterwards to tell how he survived it. All the way down to the opposite end which is the boy from Christmas Story, so much protection that you don't feel a thing because you don't want any pain, but also can't move, this person will also have fogged up masks and look like a maggot moving around the course.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
2. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 18, 2015, 11:11 HorrorScope

Yeah he looks down on them, which isn't necessarily true. But the funny thing is each year their sports franchise get a remake and he doesn't even recognize that.  

News Comments > Free Valve Games for OS X Steam Hardware Users
2. Re: Free Valve Games for OS X Steam Hardware Users Oct 17, 2015, 14:47 HorrorScope

Complete pack says it encompasses all past, present and future valve games. Really, future? Perhaps they know something we don't, but with that deal I wish the PC version was delayed a few weeks.  

News Comments > GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First?
29. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 14:56 HorrorScope

Lorcin wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 13:57:
Never fails to amuse me the amount of whinging old women who follow PC news here.

I know, the next time I check GFE install will be the first. I was satisfied with the basic driver and control panel, has served me well. We'll see what the future holds.

5601 Comments. 281 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo