Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4766 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
14. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 12:12 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 10:54:
As usual, I see the hate is never ending at Blues.

You all seriously have no clue just how good this game really is.

Well it goes down the more standard path of a MMO, so it can only be so good.

Same exact boat as Axis and I'm not paying $60 now to find out what I felt for free in beta.

But what are we to do? Time. Wasn't the last patch or two some major reworking of a lot of the game skills/mechanics? I can't keep up. But if it was, I guess they weren't happy with the systems either, so if they aren't happy I guess they are hater of their own game.

I know I didn't get it for one reason at purchase, team quest phasing, first online game I've had with that, if you create a party, you have to make it so the party is always together and not become invisible while being right next to you. It was weird and imo all kinds of wrong.

Beyond that, it was move from one pasture to another and fight mobs sitting there waiting for someone to come play and you'd always win... next pasture. Sure there are other parts, but that like most mmo's is the main meat for PvE, boring as all fuck.

What I've found over the years, after 10 patches, thousands of patch line descriptions to any mmo, the game is still amazingly extremely similar. So if you aren't a fan at first, almost always going back changes nothing after years of updates.

Star Wars is doing it right. FTP with Sub. There is no way I'm paying $60 at this point, way too late for that. For me I need to get in for free to see if it has changed enough, then I'd have zero problem paying a sub for a mmo, cheap ass gaming.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
26. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 16, 2015, 17:03 HorrorScope

Julio wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 16:25:
Just off the top of my head I'd put Dead State, D:OS, and Wasteland 2 over it. And there's probably more if I really put some effort into it.

Right, but unless one of those games goes Minecraft, there is no chance games like that can win these things. There are many indy games that just delight me as well or more than the big dogs.

24. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 16, 2015, 15:35 HorrorScope

D:OS only played coop, however I modified the shit out of files to balance how I like it and do plan to go back and run on their re-balance #'s, however they still have one more rebalance, so waiting for that. The game was still rushed, but we'll all win with their next release as they build and learn from what they've done. I like to think BG1 to BG2. I get the slow start and really the criticism it does have, balance, keeping track etc.

Problem for me with GOTY, a lot of times my fav game of the year was from another year! lol

Face it GOTY is going to almost always a big-house and a game that is on a console as well. There had to be at least 6 worthy, no?

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
27. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 15:22 HorrorScope

IMO that looks quite good, now put it all together masterfully and you raised the bar. Top end games like COD will need to be what they are, with addition to space flight/fights and multiple worlds to compete in the market!  

8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 16, 2015, 11:22 HorrorScope

Jivaro wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 11:04:
I think it says far more about all the other games on the market than it does about DA:I.

I am not saying that I would label DA:I my personal game of the year, but the fact that it is even in the conversation says a ton about last year's releases as a whole.

Says a lot about greasing journalism. I had no problem finding entertaining games last year. Well unless you mean... "it says a ton about AAA games". And even then there were a few that were very nice.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 15, 2015, 21:15 HorrorScope

Sepharo wrote on Mar 15, 2015, 19:53:
One frustrating thing is that people don't stay close to home. You lay a new zone with everything they could ever want and they're still traveling across the entire city to work in old downtown.

Sounds like the most realistic thing in the game.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 15, 2015, 19:03 HorrorScope

Mac loves it but doesn't like pajama shoppers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mf8GdN2qTY

News Comments > Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service
55. Re: Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service Mar 15, 2015, 15:37 HorrorScope

Sempai wrote on Mar 15, 2015, 15:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 15, 2015, 14:47:
Sempai wrote on Mar 15, 2015, 02:49:
I refuse to applaud this bullshit in anyway.

I was personally made an example of by these fucking cunts last year via a banned account, along with my paypal and credit card banned permanently for reversing ONE transaction in ten years of being a long standing customer due to them refusing a refund on yet another broken game. And this was after weeks of email tag with literally zero real dialogue from these fucking twats.

Steam, Gabe, and his entire crew of thug cunts over there at candyland customer service can eat a bag of wet dicks.

Sincerely, Fuck You.

PS. Sorry Blue, this subject still hits a nerve with me.

Go to a lawyer.. seriously. I remember you telling this last year, and I remember everyone telling you to get legal aid. Did you do that?

Spoke to two attorneys, both informed me i had a legit case. The 2nd question was "how much money are you willing to spend?"

Yeah, no.

Small claims, they won't want to show up, so they'll actually do something positive for you beforehand.

53. Re: Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service Mar 15, 2015, 15:08 HorrorScope

Sempai wrote on Mar 15, 2015, 02:49:
I refuse to applaud this bullshit in anyway.

I was personally made an example of by these fucking cunts last year via a banned account, along with my paypal and credit card banned permanently for reversing ONE transaction in ten years of being a long standing customer due to them refusing a refund on yet another broken game. And this was after weeks of email tag with literally zero real dialogue from these fucking twats.

Steam, Gabe, and his entire crew of thug cunts over there at candyland customer service can eat a bag of wet dicks.

Sincerely, Fuck You.

PS. Sorry Blue, this subject still hits a nerve with me.

With a case like this, could you take them to small claims? Would be easy enough to do. Go for all the lost games, saves and time.

I've never been wrong like that, but I'd say if something like that happened with my Steam Account, I'd pretty much have to. What's 10 hours time vs 1000's lost?

1. Re: Valve on Improving Steam Customer Service Mar 14, 2015, 14:36 HorrorScope

Straigh... straight from the book of Management Responses for Customer Support.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 14, 2015, 12:51 HorrorScope

LittleMe wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 23:15:
The police are no longer afraid of the populace. It's not just talk. They've been preparing for an escalated war on the people, militarizing up.

There's a balance and there has been some real push back recently.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Soars
62. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 14, 2015, 12:46 HorrorScope

1badmf wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 12:36:
wow did not know city builders were so popular. i always thought simcity was niche at best, but whodathunk it was more popular than trolling star citizen, at least in terms of comments.

There is a series of genres that have been damaged due to:
1. Lack of support.
2. Quality offerings.

As for this being a Sim ripoff as one mentioned, if they do it right, well that's not a ripoff now is it? lol But we have Overworld coming soon, that is aka ripping of DK and good, because the other offering tried a flavor of it and it falls short. So first make it up to standards assumed, then take it from there.

I am excited to hear about Cities, so far it is holding up well. I mentioned wait and see on this as city builder games can give a good first impression, but the longer/bigger you go, many start to fall a part laughingly. What I like about this is how well it sold, I feel it will be supported and mods. Now it's back to, too many games too little time. Look forward to this when its time comes for me.

News Comments > Neverwinter: Elemental Evil Delayed
10. Re: Neverwinter: Elemental Evil Delayed Mar 14, 2015, 12:44 HorrorScope

Cl1mh4224rd wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 11:05:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 19:10:
Now it's just shitty Neverwinter trying to steal every good long known DnD name they can in hopes to make a buck, trickery or whatever it takes.

Err... They're not stealing anything. Here's Wizards of the Coast's announcement: Elemental Evil. As with "Tyranny of Dragons" and "Rise of Tiamat", Neverwinter's "Elemental Evil" is a parallel release with the pen-and-paper module.

Right not stealing in the sense of possession, just stealing good names etched in back of minds in hopes that we see the name and go
"oooh! what is this?", it's marketing, but their game is too shallow imo to do the names justice, my O.

News Comments > Neverwinter: Elemental Evil Delayed
4. Re: Neverwinter: Elemental Evil Delayed Mar 13, 2015, 19:10 HorrorScope

Now it's just shitty Neverwinter trying to steal every good long known DnD name they can in hopes to make a buck, trickery or whatever it takes.

"With our efforts to revamp nearly all of our in-game systems" - I will say if I weren't "experienced" I'd probably try it out again. But no matter how many patches and patch notes a mmo can have, it almost always is still very much the same game.

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge
23. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 11:27 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 09:34:
Huh? 100Gbs, and that is with compression...What gives? How can a space game be so fucking huge??? Cryengine level size problems again?

In the end that won't matter, there is still the scheduled "changing game engines" memo still to come.

News Comments > Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter
4. Re: Seven Dragon Saga Kickstarter Mar 11, 2015, 21:16 HorrorScope

At 2:15 I found range weapons are under powered.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Cities: Skylines
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Cities: Skylines Mar 11, 2015, 01:44 HorrorScope

I'd give it a week to see what warts are found as the people get deeper into it.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
20. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 10, 2015, 12:37 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 21:42:
There's a slew of reasons why VR won't be what they're hoping it will be. And they're desperately trying to convince themselves of that and everyone else.

That is possible and the last part is true.

I believe a lot of pent up frustrations are that we've been playing the same game for about 10 years now. We need a new drug one that doesn't _________.

Will it be VR, possible. If not then devs have to raise the interactivity bar of what they make today. We are sort of crazy keep spending in most cases for a game we already own and possibly is already better.

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
54. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 9, 2015, 12:27 HorrorScope

Wraith wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 05:23:
This fucking game is in feature-creep hell. Roberts has no idea what the fuck he's doing.

I think it was in the last Star Citizen thread, but someone mentioned, they better have the best managers in the biz. You have not only feature creep, but you have all these different long-range depts working on parts of the game. I have to agree with that persons thoughts, things like this fail all the time, but it won't be because of dev talent, it will be on how good is management to really control all of this. Then you go to sites that have game devs come out and talk about their company anonymously, the biggest theme in all of them is poor management.

If this is consider trolling, you are thin skinned, it is just talking trends we see in general, here's to them having the best management in the biz, they will need every bit of it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
38. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 9, 2015, 02:16 HorrorScope

Will be interesting to see how these details play out in a full fledged game, frames per second wise. I hope they pull it off, as we need a good bar raising.  

4766 Comments. 239 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo