Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3021 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
10. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 18:47 HorrorScope

The reason to relook at Bioware... This is the first game with a new engine for them in forever. Everything up to this from what I've been told has roots to their very first engine and release. No more 2 square blocks and reload, this is promising even more openness than Skyrim. That is a monumental change for Bioware. Sure it can still suck and blow, but I'm willing to see what they can do with Frostbite, this looks promising so far.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
80. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 18:41 HorrorScope

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 15:18:
Actually, Windows Phone has been rapidly gaining market share over the past year. This is due to the decline of iPhone and Blackberry sales and all the problems associated with Android security and OS fragmentation.

What is it like 5% Windows and 85% Apple and Android? Loooong ways to go, yep when you sell little you can impress people with yoy sales growth.

77. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 18:35 HorrorScope

Drazula wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 15:05:
Bundy wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 14:13:
Enh, there seems to be a lot of MS hate no matter what they do.
Because even when they listen, they don't. One perfect example is the Win 8.1 Start Button. Did they really think all users wanted was an F*ing button to go to Metro? They knew exactly what users wanted and still said "Screw you!".

Yep. Douche Baggin's move.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 6, 2014, 11:46 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 11:34:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 09:58:
For home, if you have any pc sense you don't even need real-time protection anymore. But if you think you do, then why pay for something you can get for free?

Viruses aren't the problem with my family members anymore (not that it can't happen but it's very rare) but it's the ninja installs of other apps when they download apps from the net. Non wanted search apps or lying apps that tell you something is wrong and you need to buy something, hijacking software if anything is the main issue for users now.

And that software can disable protection on a PC easily.... snakeoil vendors all of them ;p

Yep. I mention them if you download something off the net that you went in search of, when installing really take note of those popups. No sometimes means yes. Sometimes you think you are installing what you want but in small writing it's another app. It's the arm-pit of the computer world, nothing but deception and this is even from fairly trusted download sites. Your probably like me, I'll do extra searching to find a location that downloads just the app I want, it now is a pain sometimes, but man the tricks they try to pull on install.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 11:11 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 10:02:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 09:49:
If it weren't Blizzard this game would be like any other and not get 3rd and 4th chances and would have run its course in short order. This is trying to act like a movie star we beat down to now want to bring back up, but I say why? There are plenty of quality APRG's out there that didn't need to reinvent themselves and all were a lot cheaper. But it's Blizzard! We deserve better, but whatever, if you are under the spell you are under the spell.

While I agree with this sentiment in principle, I already paid for the game so what have I got to lose by giving it another whirl??

Fair enough. Do you go back and play Extended Versions or Director's Cut's? How about a MMO that reinvents itself? Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't. But as you say you own it, if nothing else looks good in your Backlog(TM)... go for it!

24. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 11:07 HorrorScope

BitWraith wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 10:54:
The interesting part of this announcement is how much further behind it's going to put the new console generation graphically.

Embarrassingly bad. That's what you get when you go AMD, lol.

23. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 11:05 HorrorScope

Didn't think this had to be said...

MS makes a lot of money with back-end and business products through contracts. We are talking from a consumer gamers perspective, which is just a very small piece. As a company they are doing great overall, for what we care about, they are not. That is why there has been talks for a long time to split up parts of the company. So in one way we look silly talking about how badly they are doing, but when it comes to what we care about... they are doing quite bad.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 6, 2014, 09:58 HorrorScope

For home, if you have any pc sense you don't even need real-time protection anymore. But if you think you do, then why pay for something you can get for free?

Viruses aren't the problem with my family members anymore (not that it can't happen but it's very rare) but it's the ninja installs of other apps when they download apps from the net. Non wanted search apps or lying apps that tell you something is wrong and you need to buy something, hijacking software if anything is the main issue for users now.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 09:49 HorrorScope

If it weren't Blizzard this game would be like any other and not get 3rd and 4th chances and would have run its course in short order. This is trying to act like a movie star we beat down to now want to bring back up, but I say why? There are plenty of quality APRG's out there that didn't need to reinvent themselves and all were a lot cheaper. But it's Blizzard! We deserve better, but whatever, if you are under the spell you are under the spell.  

17. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 09:45 HorrorScope

Here are the words that resonate:

"However, you asked us to do more."
"You asked us"
"You also asked us"

We've also asked for better PC Gaming support for so long, we quit around 10 years of asking.

We are asking for this to be for Win 7 as well, but are almost certain it will be Win 8 only.

So don't be selective and use "because we asked you delivered", you've done way too much damage not listening, it's just insulting to read. You brought it on yourself. Don't want to hear this is just another Blues News bitcher, it is reality.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 5, 2014, 13:07 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 12:19:
nin wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 08:45:
PS4 PlayStation Plus will get free triple-a games later this year, insider claims.

Only a matter of time. Hello, Knack!

Pffff, triple A games. Microsoft is giving away DUNGEON DEFENDERS, guys! I mean, hello??! Game, set and match: Microsoft!

And you know deep down the hate giving anything away, first no income, second stopping buyer from buying something else as they play the free game. Sony has to be pissing them off.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
43. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 5, 2014, 01:28 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 23:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 20:27:
Task wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 16:16:
Here is a buy guide:

A. Are you a fan of South Park? If Yes, Proceed to B.
B. Are you a fan of Obsidian games? If yes, Proceed to C.

C. Buy.

What if you aren't a fan of either, assuming you don't hate South Park or Obsidian.

Then the obvious question would be: "Why the fuck are you even here commenting on this game?"

No that doesn't make sense. What if I'm a fan of turn based games? Is it worth it then. Obisdian is hit and miss. I can laugh at South Park comedy, not that I go out of my way to watch it. So is it a good TB game?

News Comments > 3D Realms Acquisition Details
25. Re: 3D Realms Acquisition Details Mar 5, 2014, 01:21 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 04:24:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 19:32:
Hellbinder wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 13:08:
You guys are fucking idiots. Every fucking day every single topic endless reams of ignorant mindless shit talking.

If you are going to talk shit then at least take a few seconds google some information so have some fucking idea what the hell you are popping off about.

I recall the last conversation I had the pleasure with you. We found out you were wrong and it was backed by links to prove it. Lot of Irony in those vitamins.

Nothing you say will ever convince him of that fact. In his mind he will always be right, and you will always be wrong. There is no getting past that, it comes with the territory. Its for that same reason that he continues to believe that Bluesnewsers are worshipers of the Devil and that only Hellbinder's version of the truth, is Truth.

I'm guilty of being a hopeless trier.

News Comments > Asheron's Call Future Updates "Limited"
9. Re: RE: Follow up Mar 4, 2014, 20:28 HorrorScope

UConnBBall wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 15:58:
I think people missed the HUGE news. Personal Servers of the Game!!!

Yep that is what I read to. That is something that needs to become a trend.

37. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 20:27 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 16:16:
Here is a buy guide:

A. Are you a fan of South Park? If Yes, Proceed to B.
B. Are you a fan of Obsidian games? If yes, Proceed to C.

C. Buy.

What if you aren't a fan of either, assuming you don't hate South Park or Obsidian.

36. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 20:25 HorrorScope

Illumin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 12:35:
Looks great but to short for 60$. Will pick it up on a summer sale.

Same. I want to play this, but $60, really? Read the market imo.

News Comments > 3D Realms Acquisition Details
21. Re: 3D Realms Acquisition Details Mar 3, 2014, 19:32 HorrorScope

Hellbinder wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 13:08:
You guys are fucking idiots. Every fucking day every single topic endless reams of ignorant mindless shit talking.

If you are going to talk shit then at least take a few seconds google some information so have some fucking idea what the hell you are popping off about.

I recall the last conversation I had the pleasure with you. We found out you were wrong and it was backed by links to prove it. Lot of Irony in those vitamins.

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Mar 3, 2014, 19:30 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 18:45:
Cutter wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 18:36:
Man, I sure hope this is good. Me want!

Somehow I missed the original. How does it play? Is it related to Age of Empires? Or did they just use the "Age of X" structure to insinuate an RTS? Will it play on my laptop?

More like a Heroes of M&M.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
74. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 19:22 HorrorScope

Dmitri_M wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 13:58:
Never really understood ignoring people. Seems only to highlight that they deserve special treatment. I just scroll past.

Yeah I don't ignore anyone anywhere. I either will jump in or go past it, but this is all bar conversation stuff and not to be taken to seriously, at least between us. I don't hold grudges, sometimes I wish I hadn't posted something, but it happens. Everyone has their moments good and bad.

News Comments > DICE Addressing BF "Netcode"
12. Re: DICE Addressing BF Mar 3, 2014, 18:42 HorrorScope

The only question now is when BF5 is released, will they be starting here and moving forward? Or two steps back first?  

3021 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo