Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4013 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
25. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 13:45 HorrorScope

Dagnamit wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 13:37:
I believe the video states the animations are stock CryEngine placeholders. This is a concept video guys, pre-alpha stuff. It's not going to look great, or even good. They just want to give an impression of how it could be. They absolutely have to nail the space sim part of it. I hope the FPS and other parts are just diversions from the grind. If they pull off the diversions competently, and the space sim very well, it's going to be a good game. But I'm an optimist.

I hope Roberts can pull it off.

Well they can just use words... "You'll be able to land on planets and then play in a FPS manner", I think we'd get it. I'm one that doesn't think it looks bad, as said, it is early. It's all about delivering it all.

But I read some of their plans with FPS, it is a lot more than a diversion, many things would be groundbreaking, they were talking a lot of destructive environments, it read as "we'll say yes to whatever you dream up", from a reddit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 2, 2014, 12:24 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 10:27:
I've always had a particular distaste for these articles about Glassdoor posts. Are bitter ex-employees really a good source of subjective information?

Could be. You don't have to be bat shit crazy off the wall if you get canned and can't be objective about it. But the saying "Grass isn't greener" is really true. As bad as they have it, it is like that most places in most sectors. We can do better, we can make work fun, but in the end we all have should brace that work is going to be work, probably for the best. The economy is good for the company, for the people not as much, but again it's called work.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 2, 2014, 12:19 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 10:46:
I'm laughing at Farm Simulator making it to number two...makes me think of this.

This and snuggle truck... there has to be a very large silent sector of closet style gamers out there.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
5. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 10:52 HorrorScope

Yeah you can't help but be a little excited about having coop buddies working together on a ship and then landing, getting off and doing some squad missions.

That said, how many auditorium reveals do they have per year? And why? Is it an investor grab? Also is that his Dr. Evil suit?

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 1, 2014, 14:12 HorrorScope

They got 5 years to figure it out.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 30, 2014, 20:54 HorrorScope

Cleveland, who is from Springfield...

Hmmm, where do I know this man from?

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 30, 2014, 19:43 HorrorScope

"Maria Pia Grillo suffered shock and embarrassment when she looked up her house using Google Mapsí Street View feature in 2009 and discovered an image that shows her leaning forward and exposing cleavage."

LOL on this one. She's embarrassed? Google didn't put that top on her.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 30, 2014, 19:40 HorrorScope

Yeah.... suck it Titanic Man!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2014, 11:08 HorrorScope

Yep sour grapes there. When will it mature? When we have the tech power for it to do so and none sooner. Seesh.  

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
5. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 10:54 HorrorScope

sauron wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 10:24:
I tried hard to love DA:O, but it needs so much micromanagement. I really like it, but TES games are much more my thing, very freeform and a little looser around the edges.

Well DA2 sure changed up the micromanaging part.

DA3 to me looks like a Skyrim with a few nice addons baked in, being able to use many skills as you play without pausing, being a big one. Party and Party AI being another big step above skyrim.

That said, like almost all, waiting for at least a couple days before diving in. Just in case...

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 29, 2014, 21:30 HorrorScope

Hasn't been hacked, is this how Apple does biz?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2014, 13:44 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:41:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:01:
So there is really going to be a EA Access, golf clap.

EA - Electronic Arts
EA - Early Access
EAA - Electronic Arts Access

You know if it were the other way around they'd be suing the balls off someone with the name likeness.

Look on the bright side, it's all shit, so there's no thinking maybe it'll be decent when you see the EA abbreviation.

If I held the same opinion of early access I would agree. Still funny though.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2014, 11:01 HorrorScope

So there is really going to be a EA Access, golf clap.

EA - Electronic Arts
EA - Early Access
EAA - Electronic Arts Access

You know if it were the other way around they'd be suing the balls off someone with the name likeness.

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 28, 2014, 21:45 HorrorScope

"AT&Tís terms of service generally prevent class action suits from customers and force users into private, binding arbitration. But even though millions of customers canít sue, the federal government can."

They need to address this issue at this exact time as well.

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
60. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 16:28 HorrorScope

Krovven wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 15:59:
51 posts and no impressions...clearly nobody is buying this, yet. Being midday has never stopped anyone from posting impressions almost immediately before.

Large download and long install?

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released
13. Re: Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released Oct 28, 2014, 15:59 HorrorScope

ldonyo wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 14:11:
This is why there is no point in getting a game until the everything edition is released, unless all the DLC is going to be free.

Or if money isn't an issue and you rather have it now.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 28, 2014, 11:44 HorrorScope

I also love how quickly the boycott happens. Like for all of history these things were never used, so everyone was happily using something else all this time. But really if there is a time to really stand up for an issue, of all the issues, this is the one.

They are working on their own with a coalition, probably the reason why. It's the whole Steam/Uplay/Origin situation playing out at the cash register... where they still accept cash and plastic, like always.

Patience.

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
4. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 10:22 HorrorScope

Numinar wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 10:17:
They are doing you a favour, you don't play these games with a mouse. Don't even bother. Dust off an old sidewinder/CH Pro from the basement and go for it!

edit: Although if the menus don't have mouse support that is hot bullshit, agreed.

Do you have a gameport on your pc?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 27, 2014, 23:15 HorrorScope

It's just crazy saying that. Some people like to buy and not rent, so I guess people don't want to rent stuff anymore. All these absolutes are just trying to squeeze the last ounce of stock price out of a product.  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
24. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 27, 2014, 23:10 HorrorScope

TIL: This is the holy grail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGU2PeWF2Lw

4013 Comments. 201 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo