Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5242 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support
35. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support Jul 8, 2015, 13:38 HorrorScope

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 13:32:
If you do play solo and on your own local server you can set all those arbitrary times to the minimum so you'll do them much much faster then on a normal server.

Yes, the beauty of self run servers, but cool you can bounce on others and official ones to.

If standard mmo's had options like this, perhaps I could adjust them to actually have a challenge and well then I wouldn't have to be caught up in the mmo race to win, which isn't possible unless you are banging out 8+ hours a day.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Adds MP Content
3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Adds MP Content Jul 8, 2015, 10:09 HorrorScope

The Save Importer is really timely.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
38. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 18:50 HorrorScope

Perhaps they should add zombies?  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
13. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 13:12 HorrorScope

Love child of Elite & Spore's?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
117. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 7, 2015, 12:19 HorrorScope

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 12:00:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 21:53:
That complaint is interesting, not bat shit crazy, some of what I liked:

"The premise was that early backers would be exclusively given this "lifetime insurance" while late comers and future backers would have to pay a monthly fee with real money to CIG/RSI in Star Citizen if they wanted to virtually insure their virtual ships against virtual damage in the virtual game. Without such virtual insurance, if a player's ship was damaged in a fight or battle or collision in the game, he or she would have to start over from scratch and would likely have to spend hundreds if not thousands of real USD dollars in order to buy or acquire another similar ship to replace the ship or ships that were lost or damaged. "

The issues with those statements are :

P1) Ships are to no longer be for sale after release. Any ship lost can be replaced via gameplay. You don't have to spend any money to replace a lost ship. Further, other than an initial purchase, you don't have to spend any money at all.

Fine, but I read it this way.

-The game is PTW.

-Someone has already bought ship and insurance on it. They die, they have ship no death penalty.

-Now I can have insurance to for a monthly fee, see how this creeped in?

-Since it is now a MMO, I can't get away from people who play 8 hours a day and have insurance. I am at severe dis-advantage, I can get a any ship with X hours of game play, when I die it starts back at zero playing less hours per day, by far and they have no penalty at all just continue to build stronger 8 hours at a time. This is PTW.

That is why I like personal servers, our group, not on 24/7, no pay walls, and then tweaked settings to our liking over more conservative boring MMO rules.

This is all different than the original pitches, a lot different.

News Comments > AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations
30. Re: AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations Jul 7, 2015, 11:59 HorrorScope

publicENEMY wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 02:36:
After 23 posts, Im amazed why nobody mention Vulkan.

Post 8.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
16. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2015, 23:06 HorrorScope

^ Depends on game. Many of the top games are still online PC games. WoT, HS, LoL and some others, notice we don't recognize them often, but they do exist, lol, there the biggest games, lol.

When we look at financials of EA a well rounded company in terms of pc/console/mobile games. The PC sometimes is a bit above a singular console, meaning PC=PS4 sales not PC=PS4 & Xbone sales. Sometimes it is a dead heat and sometimes the singular consoles are a bit ahead of the PC. But it isn't this massive blow out anymore overall.

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2015, 22:57 HorrorScope

NetHead wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 22:48:
First of all they can't simply release a faster Xbone or PS4, it would fracture the market leaving everyone who already purchased one very pissed off, that fracture would also mean a smaller market

But someday that is exactly what they will do, release faster Bones and PS's. I assume we think the architecture is now sound and moving forward we are keeping compatibility, just better HW. So what is being portrayed here is what is going to happen. Time is the only thing in question. Hopefully no more than 5, but imo it could be a lot more aggressive yet. Condition the people to the new world of consoles, it has worked well with phones and there are plenty of console players that would right now shell out $$$ for more FPS in their current games. The older models will still run the game, just not as good.

Or is it new everything again and rebuy all your software again? My world the cost of next gen becomes a lot less for MS and Sony. You aren't redoing O/S or online services, done and done.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 6, 2015, 22:18 HorrorScope

Not funny?

Article states:
"The news is coming from a Foxconn employee who posted on Weibo, showing what looks like internal documentation that shows off the camera module that will be used in the upcoming 'S' model of the iPhone."

And the picture is prints of an audio jack, looks like one and it states in the name as one but article says shows proof of camera module and how would they know from that what resolution it is?

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2015, 22:10 HorrorScope

WaltC wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 21:48:
Still, I'm surprised to see that Microsoft has not yet rectified its xBone mistakes by introducing a new model that is 100% compatible with the old (which is very easy to do since the current xBone is an x86 computer internally, albeit a rather skimpy one), and a new xBone that exceeds the PS4 in GPU/CPU horsepower and ram bandwidth! That's what the people who buy consoles want, and that's exactly why Microsoft is so far behind Sony in unit sales!

Agreed. They are stuck back 5+ years now. Not understanding how mobile has changed things. How the PC re-surge changes things. Now some will scream to bloddy hell if console hw moved into this realm, but mobile also shows tons of people will pay and for a profit to the mfg for better faster compatible hardware in a timely manner. If they'd do that, if they'd accept a mouse as a viable input device and not hate on it for no good reason, then I might even be interested in this unit.

It seems to me they miss about every opportunity anymore, must be maddening inside their walls or peaceful as everyone minds their own P's and Q's and doesn't give 2 shits.

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2015, 22:04 HorrorScope

ledhead1969 wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 20:18:
Sony should put in a better vid card, sell it for the same price, and put the final nail in the xbox. MS failed with terrible gaming hardware.

I like the way you think! They should both be looking at 100% compatible upgrades asap.

PS4 has pretty much always held that 2:1 lead, as time goes on in pops eyes more and more.

So MS is coming back to support the PC any way, we all win. huh

News Comments > Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week
16. Re: Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week Jul 6, 2015, 21:59 HorrorScope

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 19:19:
I enjoyed the first two, but if I learned anything from them it's that there will eventually be an Enhanced Edition, so I'm holding out for that. I've come close to giving in a few times, but a game this size, I'm not sure I'd be willing to try to give it a second playthrough, so I'll wait for the EE.

Larian same. LOL. But I think I'd feel if there were a good sale price on this now that I'd be ready to bite. I'm now at a point I'll pickup DA:I, they are never really going to hit all the right buttons with me, so I've put my pay price accordingly, hasn't quite made it that far down yet.

98. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 6, 2015, 21:53 HorrorScope

That complaint is interesting, not bat shit crazy, some of what I liked:

"The premise was that early backers would be exclusively given this "lifetime insurance" while late comers and future backers would have to pay a monthly fee with real money to CIG/RSI in Star Citizen if they wanted to virtually insure their virtual ships against virtual damage in the virtual game. Without such virtual insurance, if a player's ship was damaged in a fight or battle or collision in the game, he or she would have to start over from scratch and would likely have to spend hundreds if not thousands of real USD dollars in order to buy or acquire another similar ship to replace the ship or ships that were lost or damaged. "

"We were also promised that Star Citizen would never have any "subscriptions". It is clearly stated on the initial Kickstarter campaign page that Star Citizen would not have any "subscriptions". ( "No Subscriptions" :https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/description ) and yet later Chris Roberts started charging for subscriptions. His rationale for going against his earlier promise was that it was not a mandatory subscription and that the funds for the subscriptions went to producing a sort of "development subscriber program" and was not funneled, tied to nor associated with the actual development funds of the game itself. However later on , all of the "perks" that CIG/RSI gave to the backers were limited only to the subset of paid "subscribers" and so those backers who choose not to subscribe were left out, "

"Where these practices fall into the realm of ponzi pyramid scheme is when CIG/RSI publicly stated that the funds from the sales of these concept art ships go towards enabling them to create and sell even more concept art of nonexistent or yet to exist virtual ships. Essentially CIG/RSI is selling futures and derivatives on a virtual ship that was already fully funded, in a game that was already completely paid for and using that money to perpetrate their continued never-ending scheme of selling even more new concept art ships, while never actually delivering on the game nor the actual virtual ships they had previously sold months or years ago based solely on promise of delivery"

"I believe CIG/RSI could be operating as an elaborate ponzi pyramid scheme regardless of intent and structured in such a precarious manner that if for whatever reason(s) ( url : http://is.gd/scamcitizen ) anything happened and they cannot deliver then the entire house of cards will come crumbling down in an exponential domino chain reaction style, leaving millions of victims in its wake and completely devastating the public trust in the future of crowdfunding. "

News Comments > Cloud Imperium Opens Frankfurt Office
10. Re: Cloud Imperium Opens Frankfurt Office Jul 6, 2015, 18:57 HorrorScope

Well it's either do this and make these people rework parts of the cryengine or time to look for a new engine.

Obviously they were targeted as cryengine engineers because they need people that can do things that other teams are struggling with. Well they hope these people can.

79. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 18:40 HorrorScope

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 16:31:
I have mixxed feeling about it.

Sure, it would be nice if they released it.

But if they did, then people would just unlock anything they wanted - which would eliminate the MMO progression and turn things into a giant DM sandbox - which is basically what you get from a private DM server.

Keeping progression in the hands of an unavailable 3rd party ensures that things require time and effort, which leads to a sense of accomplishment, which is in turn, fun.

That said, I'm sure some groups out there would have the dignity to keep the database clean and not make edits for themselves and their friends (and not attack people they dislike).

-scheherazade

Nah, I don't have an inch of that concern, these are parts of the points of personal servers and totally get it that if I want to go on to the official servers, then I'm under the core ruleset with a new character just for that server. But they'll put something in there my group would rather not have and it isn't just give me everything god mode, but something if we could just tweak make the game better for us. With that being gone, we know where these mmo's go, generic, static boredom for me at least.

78. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 18:35 HorrorScope

Flatline wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 16:14:
Hah! Called it.

I wasn't able to find that via google though. But it explains why the SC Cult has let the private server thing drop.

Besides, now it locks you into that sweet, sweet revenue creating stream for the company.

Exactly, cash shop and boring static mechanics... check and check. Always online.

77. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 18:34 HorrorScope

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 16:08:
Private servers for the PU are a no-go. They made a statement a long while ago saying that the complexity of the back end means that the only practical private servers will be limited scope deathmatch arenas.

-scheherazade

You know I think I recall that, just forgot again and pissed all over again. So we get the mmo, where everyone has to fit into this tight generic balance space and all the other things like cash shops, multiple currencies, boring mechanics. So where some are in for 42, I was in it for the running your own "modded" server. So in the end, were going to need someone else to make us a Wing Commander and someone else to make us a Privateer private server based game. So the most cool thing to me, is no more. Limp.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2015, 18:43.

16. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 11:00 HorrorScope

Vio wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:37:
Quinn wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 10:23:
Not sure what I wanna see more: an awesome game, once it's done 3 years from now, or this shite turning out as the worst con-debacle of the century. All the popcorn in the world wouldn't be enough in case of the latter, and that's coming from a guy who was looking forward to this game once. A long time ago.

"If" it's done 3 years from now it means the game took 7 years to develop...

You're right, he meant 6 years from now.

Everyone just relax, we haven't even made it to the "we're changing engines" phase yet.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 6, 2015, 10:54 HorrorScope

The 4K article is funny, reads words, looks at pic, lol, just lol.  

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Into the Black Jul 5, 2015, 02:05 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 00:41:
Anyway, as you can see from his post he was suggesting that CIG divert some resources from making more concept ships for sales to other areas of the game to actually get some things done.

It's the only dept making revenue and turning a profit. I get your point, but do you get this one? These people right now are the most important people on the most important project.

5242 Comments. 263 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo