Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4437 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light Dawns
24. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 27, 2015, 17:15 HorrorScope

born2expire wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 14:16:
I'm having fun, about 2 hours in, feels like dead island + assassians creed in first person.

Performance is meh, but i'm running it on dual 780ti's.

Not a bad combo.

About the 3.5 gigs on top texture settings, I see the 970 screaming... "Why me?".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jan 27, 2015, 12:10 HorrorScope

Yeah at 85% favorable, which is above my passing grade of 80%. However the majority of the negs are about performance issues, which many shouldn't be too surprised knowing who is making it... aka "Patches Welcome".  

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
45. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 27, 2015, 01:09 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 15:59:
Tumbler wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 15:57:
I'm not a big fan of crowded shit in general but it's like paying for the feeling you get sitting in bumper to bumper traffic with the radio on. WTF people.
To each their own.

Right. This dude just shot down every concert ever. Never made the correlation to watching a concert or sporting even, same matter, to sitting in a traffic jam.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 26, 2015, 15:52 HorrorScope

Fion wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 13:22:
Microsofts Hololense seems to be very cool and the obvious reason they bought Minecraft. But I wouldn't trust their little hype video as far as I could throw it.

This. So what are we to believe?

Where I sit in my room, the goggles will find all the flat surfaces and place minecraft objects on them. Really? That's a mind blowing trick. I turn around and look at the dinning room, now a whole new set of minecraft platforms just appear?

Then somehow it actually plays to? How do I jump from one living room platform to another? Now I'm playing in God Mode vs FP mode.

Is it only single player?

How do I add lands?

How do I edit things?

It's Milo all over again until someone I trust goes into detail exactly how this plays out.

I would love it to work, like Milo. But we just don't have these mind bending changes.

News Comments > Gearbox Recruiting for "Next Borderlands"
21. Re: Gearbox Recruiting for Jan 26, 2015, 15:47 HorrorScope

yuastnav wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 15:34:
I just don't see where they can go with Borderlands 3 so it doesn't look and play exactly like all the predecessors.

We can say that about most games, and over 500 will be released this year. If we were only offered original games, we'd get less than 10.

Here's where they can go. New story, new worlds, play the same... again a lot of games, same series or not play the same and play like BL.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month
38. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month Jan 26, 2015, 15:44 HorrorScope

Bundy wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 14:52:
Ladron3dfx wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 13:57:
No GOG.com, no sale.

No DRM Free, no sale.

Boy you sure hate steam!

I was thinking they have a GOG machine. Only plays GOG games (and a very other). His choice, obviously it's a minority choice, good for you. We care.

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
15. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 26, 2015, 15:41 HorrorScope

Well they know the legit keys from the non-legit, then it is pretty much guilty... at some level. Listen, we know what is going on here, people are buying those really cheap keys from overseas that is the red flag. I've done it once or twice quite a while back, they worked but I knew the risk I was taking, just wait for the price to get where you want to buy it at legitimately, yes I'm talking wait.

I assume GMG has 20% off's a lot because they don't charge as much as Steam does to the publishers and passes those saving on to you.

Now you can hate UBI and swear never to again, go ahead, doesn't bother me. But again... we know.

News Comments > Gearbox Recruiting for "Next Borderlands"
17. Re: Gearbox Recruiting for Jan 26, 2015, 14:18 HorrorScope

For some reason with gamers on forums, generally speaking, you aren't allowed to pump out a game in a series too fast, even if many others want more. Why? I don't know, that is just how they is. There needs to be this magical barrier of time which I find around 2-3 years before it is accepted by critics as "ok".

I haven't played a BL that I didn't like. Yes I expect more, better, twitsts etc, would love a functional PC inventory system. But I love the narrative in how it flows with game play, huge FPS fun, coop and with a ARPG loot system. That is actually pretty unique overall and if they made another that isn't over doing the genre.

And if you don't like it, say it and do not buy it. But I for one see are reason for them to continue, I like it. And for them, it makes them money to survive.

I get it, some don't like BL.
Some don't like Randy.
Some don't like what they did to Aliens.

To me the only one that counts is the first, if you like it or not. Now sure how the Prequel sales have been but people want these games. Let them have their games!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 17:16 HorrorScope

JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 12:09:
I bought H1Z1 because I was so desperate to play a DayZ game that didn't have an atrocious interface. The game is much smoother, but the only thing there is to do is walk around and open empty container after empty container. I've looted well over 500+ things, and all I have to show for it is a couple pair of goggles.

How frickin hard is it to make this type of game that doesn't suck?! Every other genre has games that don't suck, but this genre can't manage a single one.

Working as designed. 500 points at a pop will let you sniff loot.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
20. Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 25, 2015, 11:32 HorrorScope

Slashman wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 10:16:
Sugarman wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 07:54:
This used to be a fun gaming news site, but a few of you are trying your best to turn it into reddit or 4chan. I'd like to keep BluesNews as it is/was, that is why I've came here for so long, and I doubt I'm the only one who thinks this way. I didn't post this to hurt your feelings, make you look bad, or call down the wrath of righteous reply posts, I posted this because you're being a douchebag, quit being a douchebag.

What the hell are you actually talking about? This site has always had people who really like something and say it and people who really hate something and say it. And then inevitably there is debate back and forth.

SC keeps getting headlines. It will keep getting comments from both sides of the fence. That's how forums generally work. It doesn't even happen in every thread. But SC is pretty much unprecedented in gaming history. You really think people are going to stop making comments about it either way?

My suggestion is to grow up and learn to accept differing opinions. Read the headlines and follow the links to the original source if you don't want to read the debate over the game.

One thing that has changed, you go far enough back it was more amazement in our replies. GFX were always one-upping, game play still fresh. We are jaded only because it has become stagnant to a point and our spirits want more. That is why many hope for VR, for the new fix, the new happy days of new things being given to us.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced
30. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 25, 2015, 11:17 HorrorScope

Warskull wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 10:55:
loomy wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 10:41:
I wish I liked this game. To me it is everything Guild Wars was meant to NOT be. They sold out to NCSoft to chase WOW.

They didn't sell out. They got poached, very hard. A bunch of the key people behind GW1 left Arena.net and got jobs elsewhere. They lost all their founders (who invented B.net), they lost key developres (one of which was the lead dev on Starcraft), and they lost a lot of great talent that they brought up.

During GW1 Arena.net probably had the most talented dev in team out of any MMO out there... by a long shot. NCSoft made some big mistakes promoting people to executive positions that wanted to make games (because they hit the top of the game dev scale.) Those people got bored, left the company, founded new ones, and took all their highly talented friends with them.

This is the real reason MMOs have such a hard time making sequels. The gap between games is massive and the people who made the originally successful MMO become a hot item. Someone offers them a lot of money to work somewhere else. Most companies aren't down with giving gigantic raises, so the employees leave for their new company.

So while the company logo says "Arena.Net" it isn't really the Arena.net that made Guild Wars 1. It is basically a new company on the inside.

That is what happened to GW's and what happens in this industry and many others. GW2 has some nice traits, some perhaps even best of bread, but the sum of its whole fell short to me.

But yes spot on. Moral=Never pay your good guys more, they'll do better competing against you.

Madden is a total example of this as well.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced
3. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 14:36 HorrorScope

Wonder what they are going to charge for this?

The game got somethings really right for me, but also many things, too many overall not right for me and I doubt they will fix, it is just what it is.

Too many changes at high level management between GW1 and GW2 and to me showed. GW2 didn't live up to my expectations.

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
6. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 24, 2015, 14:32 HorrorScope

So all those times near or at the top of the Steam top 10, has equaled 3 million for them, so yes there still are a lot of people that don't have it. For when that time comes.  

News Comments > Void Destroyer Released
12. Re: Void Destroyer Released Jan 24, 2015, 12:59 HorrorScope

That looks a lot more like the ED trailer. Interesting, ship jumping seems cool.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
19. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 24, 2015, 12:54 HorrorScope

Where ever you stand on the subject, I like it overall, educate what you buy into. This is a decline in anyone's book:

MCV can reveal that just $29m was pledged towards video game-related projects in 2014. This is half of the $58m total pledged in 2013.

News Comments > Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free
14. Re: Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free Jan 23, 2015, 14:04 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 13:49:
Slick wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 12:16:
so wait, anyone can "be the zombie" for free, and basically populate a paid players game who get to play as humans? is this what's going on here? (totally didn't watch the video)

No... It's a PVP mode that was announced a while back to be a pre-order bonus DLC. Now they've decided to include it with every copy. I've never heard of anything like what you described; I'm fairly sure they'd be making a bigger deal of it if that's what it was.

PvP only, take everything I said back good in terms of what they are doing then, even though I'm big on the idea of people joining to morph into AI enimies and taking control.

News Comments > Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free
11. Re: Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free Jan 23, 2015, 13:23 HorrorScope

I think this is a great idea, not saying it is perfect setup in this game, but the overall idea. This is what one of the original specs for Unreal was to have way way back.

But I've always thought of a future like this and would be a great MMO Instance one as well, City of Heroes always struck me as one this would have worked with. Spawn into and control the baddies, much fresher challenge.

It does sound like anyone can invade your server "at night" I assume. Not sure if there is an option on the main game side to not allow that.

Now in this case you enter as a "Predator" type being, Zombie. More like Superhero Zombie, perhaps cool. But there are other variations like just spawn into any live zombie at any time and that zombie now has human intelligence vs ai, no special attacks. That is another way to spin this feature in a game.

I like the idea, because it brings a new idea that could really be great in a lot of games. Sort ok like bullet time, sort of like Nemisis. These are seeds to show other games something new and fresh.

Could be killer for Dying Light.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 23, 2015, 10:05 HorrorScope

Bundy wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 09:32:
Verno wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 09:29:
Molyneux warns Microsoft: Don't overpromise on HoloLens.

Literally zero introspection or shame in that guy.

Thanks for Milo Peter!

I'm not sure if Molyneux is oblivious, sincere or just trolling us, and laughing his ass off.

I think he has a condition of some sorts. He is right though in this case, the video unless it can do it, don't pay animators to fake things that is conceivably possible but no one will ever do, because it is also crazy complicated and never done before. To sell the product as put on your goggles, and watch a animated figure out of now where just start playing a game on your furniture in perfect resolution and animation. Yeah, shit like that just happens!

In the fool me once rule... any of me falling for this at this point, is totally a "shame on me". MS never, never learns. If the got something cool, the product will sell itself on whatever it can immediately do.

SEEECRET!

News Comments > GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers
9. Re: GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers Jan 22, 2015, 22:21 HorrorScope

Yeah this is weird, they have plenty of room (~50%) between a 760 and 970 for the 960 to fall into and it is basically a 760 performance wise, cooler/less power, even though the 760 was good already there.

It is cheaper than normal at $200, but only a 2 gig 128-bit memory bus, hmmm...

Maybe there is a 960ti in the future.

News Comments > Game of Thrones Episode 2 Next Month
3. Re: Game of Thrones Episode 2 Next Month Jan 22, 2015, 20:14 HorrorScope

Season or entire product life?  

4437 Comments. 222 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo