Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3038 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Previews
7. Re: Morning Previews Mar 10, 2014, 14:32 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 11:23:
Fion wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 10:03:
I still haven't finished Witcher 1, let alone 2. I'm trying but it's an older title with lots of little quirks. I'm half tempted to just watch a video summary and move on to Witcher 2.

2 is 100x better

I liked 1 better. So mileage will vary.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
18. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 10, 2014, 14:07 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 02:16:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 01:53:
What kind of performance breakthrough is coming to a tablet and what software is needing it?

You mean aside from running Crysis 4?

How about having a full OS? Easily accepting mouse and keyboard as inputs when necessary, as well as multiple monitors

That's good and that is what it will take for me to upgrade the tablet. When do we think this is coming? Say a Tablet that is as powerful as a $1000 pc today.

What I do see a lot more of in business is the all in one Monitor/PC. That is like a giant tablet, but still called a PC.

At 10"'s under I'm not sure how much I see that as my hardcore gaming unit, no matter what power and I'm poised towards Rift as the next step. Ok, another thing I could see is a tablet running the Rift, which means a very high-end pc today. So when that tablet has that power and runs a rift... Then I'm definitely interested. I'm talking the power of a Tablet running 4K gfx at 60 FPS in 3D. I thinking I'm at least two more PC cycle upgrades before we get there.

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2014, 14:14.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 10, 2014, 14:03 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 17:39:
It's a shame Dragonfall isn't on there. It's really damn good and should be up there over crap like DayZ, Rust, etc.

Need to sell it as a stand-alone. DLC's are hard to make top 10.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Console Crisis Mar 10, 2014, 14:01 HorrorScope

Panickd wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 13:35:
There is always little reason to buy a new console right out of the gate

Then if all were equal it is still down many % points and face it that is what business works on today. Isn't it that this gen has even less reasons than in the past to upgrade? And that is the problem.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2014, 13:59 HorrorScope

What would a US vs USSR war look like?

One of the biggest mistakes in man's history.

I put this to a few people. Lets say Texas secedes from the Union. They talk about it roundabouts all the time. Now if it did you know 100% don't want that and like most political thoughts it's probably closer to 50-50. So if it secedes, there would be plenty that didn't want this. And you can expect the US doesn't want this either.

Now lets say 50% on the side that didn't want this pleads their case to the US to stop this insanity and bring them back. And then the US went in to reclaim Texas, because they feel that is what the majority wants and is right.

Now is it right for the USSR or any other country to get into the middle of that?

I don't have kids to fight wars like this. If the USSR was invading us, fine. If not... then figure it out, you took office with all the answers, answer. This farming out our kids for wars that aren't last resort needs to end. Send yourself over.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land Mar 10, 2014, 13:47 HorrorScope

The most fearful creature in all Cthulhu games... Bugs.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 10, 2014, 13:46 HorrorScope

I enjoyed MMX and went back to play M&M 7 after, quite a bit of familiarity other than in that it was free movement and not grid based while out of combat. But this was a good effort, could have been a little cleaner, a little better performance. But if you like this style of game it shouldn't be missed. I like the fact that most of the pertinent game numbers are in a csv so players can edit.  

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2014, 13:41 HorrorScope

And you can use the another article here to articulate the crisis:

"Its hard to understate how incredibly important Titanfall is for Xbox, Yusuf Mehdi, chief marketing and strategy officer for devices and studios at Microsoft,"

I'm sure it's a position they don't want to be in at all.

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2014, 13:10 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 12:26:
Though it's definitely odd that the PS4 doesn't support 3D, 3D is pretty much a dead technology at this point, with manufacturers announcing they're no longer producing 3DTVs. 4K is the new 3D.

The new dead or very slow burn.

There are some good stats and statements in the article.

Unprecedented the next gen isn't as powerful as a high end pc or better.

$150 card is as powerful if not moreso than what is in the new gen.

Using last gen release vs new gen release, the Feb after release sales are down. 550K (360/PS3) vs 410k (Bone/PS4).

Then throw in everything else, mobile, cheaper pc games. It's a tough nut.

Sony/MS should look at making one compatible system between them (split royalties 50%) and upgrade it but also keep 100% functionality, possibly yearly or bi-yearly updates. I'd also say add k/m support, but then I'm just dreaming...

Having one unit will drop game dev costs, right now it's just busy costly work for no good reason. Possibly just make a controlled universal gaming PC even. Cut out the services not needed and give it that glossy UI the living I guess must have. But that is too out of the box I reckon.

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2014, 13:23.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
13. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 10, 2014, 01:53 HorrorScope

Thing is I got my tablet, 1 for the family. Cool little dillio.

I maintain 4 gaming pc's and 3 laptops. I'll be replenishing them, I don't have any forecast in replenishing the tablet at this time. Do they make them to become obsolete? What kind of performance breakthrough is coming to a tablet and what software is needing it?

I don't know. I just know the all the pc's well be getting touched in 4 years time.

I see the mobile phones and pc's being upgraded routinely. Tablet??

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too)
13. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 9, 2014, 01:16 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 14:38:
The fiction is that we 'own' stuff, but ownership is imaginary and political.

Wait you said in the 90's you did own stuff.

But it's stealing, it's not up to me or you to decide that, that is the law. Now we may not like it, but to call it something else is imaginary.

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too)
12. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Revelations DLC Announced (For PC Too) Mar 9, 2014, 01:12 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 12:55:
I grew up in the 90's, so I hate steam and the game industry. When I pay for a game I want to own it, the whole copyright/intellectual property regime of america is criminal

I grew up in the 70's and love steam. I'm grateful games cost A LOT LESS then they used to. And... because of that I'm perfectly fine with DD copies in which I haven't had one taken from me yet. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Just didn't know there was a 90's thing going on with Steam until now.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 8, 2014, 17:28 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 19:02:
Watch Dogs creative director explains longer Wii U delay.

Wonder why they're bothering. 1. There are almost no Wii Us in the wild. 2. The hardware is such a low spec vs. the other platforms that it's going to be a pain to get it working.

It's on a 360 and PS3. So no worse than that.

32. Re: National Day of Unplugging Mar 8, 2014, 14:44 HorrorScope

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 10:22:
Because your behavior is showing to the person you are physically with that you'd rather be hanging out and talking with someone else, an act which is hurtful and rude?

Now that could happen, but I think a lot of this isn't that. Yes if I came over to visit and you didn't give me your time and were locked into something else, phones or whatever else. That is rude. I think this conversation is beyond that simple situation and into a much more invisible one.

31. Re: National Day of Unplugging Mar 8, 2014, 14:42 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 09:57:
Why is being engaged in a conversation with someone physically beside you so much better than being engaged in a conversation with someone who isn't?

When you're getting grumpy at people in restaurants looking at their phones, ask yourself: who's the idiot here? Is it:

a) The person who is doing what they want and communicating with who they want, because they're not having the meal-time experience that you would want?

b) The person who is so focussed on the irrelevant actions of other diners, they seemingly get annoyed and so don't have the meal-time experience that they would want.

In my book, the people moaning about people using their phones are the fools and are often the rude ones. Some prick taking a phone call in a nice restaurant is definitely the rudest, but when it's a choice between someone quietly checking the weather forecast on their phone and Judgey McJudgerson then McJudgerson is both rude and foolish.

We are on the same page. And when someone is starring at their phone assume they are reading today's newspaper or book. All socially acceptable things for ages. Now if they are starring at a black screen, then that is odd. My guess is others think we spend too much time on our pc's.

If one has problems with small things like this, assume the world if you were in charge would be no better than what we have today. You think you are all about freedom, but only if it's done as you say.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2014, 14:36 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 22:05:
Cutter wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 20:43:
My brother and mom are on their phones all the time. All...the...fucking...time. And it's all bullshit. They're just talking shit with people. Wasting a $100 to yammer with people about nothing all day long.

They do, I presume, have free will? They are doing this by choice? Just because it seems like a waste of time to you doesn't mean that they're not gaining some value from it.

If you don't want a cell phone that's your business but complaining about what other people are choosing to do because you wouldn't choose to do it is old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn territory.

This. There is a phenomenon they haven't catched onto yet. The Rage people have when others nearby are on the phone talking/texting to someone else. There is some type of unknown jealousy going on. See it all the time, not sure what psychology is going on, but something makes people upset when others are on their phones.

But again unplugging for a day does what? They think we are going to say "You know, guess what I don't need this. I can go camping instead (March 8th) from now on. Make fire, cook meat." And then the next day happens and it's all back to their normal.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 8, 2014, 13:15 HorrorScope

I was thinking the Infinity team was fine that sold a crap load. How people that knock games around here regularly like Infinity, is so far beyond me. Everything is third rate and the spell put on people is "cute action figures" that sit on a plate. Back in the day, having a character choice to play in game, didn't require one buying a inanimate action figure. What a coup...  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 7, 2014, 20:58 HorrorScope

Leave her out of it, many of us have examples of the Boss of IT moving through management ranks with no IT knowledge. "I know how to manage!". But those under you can lie like a rug and you have no history to really know for sure. Or vendors quoting high dollars and long deadlines. If you don't know Jack, you have no room to question.

See IT Crowd for sketches. "Boss, Tell those in the Board Meeting not to Google Google, it will crash the internet. Thanks for the tip!".

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
49. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 20:39 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:42:
I just don't want people to see "It's like Skyrim!" and get their hopes it,

Your response was on spot. But to that I say "Fuck the People!".

Always go in with low expectations, life is best that way.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2014, 19:57 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 16:06:
if you need a national holiday to tell you how to conduct yourself

This. What are they hoping? That we'll get some Monk like enlightenment and change? And then what the economy crashes? What is the point of it?

3038 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo