Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5608 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
53. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 17:12 HorrorScope

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 16:45:
I honestly don't get why people are defending bullshit like this. The game needlessly locks the framerate, doesn't include SLI support, doesn't have an FOV slider, has mouse acceleration enabled by default (requires editing an .ini file), has a non-skippable intro (requires editing an .ini file) and doesn't support 21:9 resolutions (requires editing an .ini file). This is NOT an acceptable PC release - it's a shitty console port. Further, even on XB1 the game drops to ZERO frames per second at times.

I agree that it is shitty, I am happy enough that I can modify to get most of that back in. It's life with AAA's, fuck'm all in someways I say, they are playing the corporate long game, they want us playing with controllers, they want it all a certain way and they'll just keep trying over and over and some generation will give in and give it to them. There is plenty of mud you can sling at Bethesda, but they still bring a unique game to the market vs their competitors. No new development here.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 14:28 HorrorScope

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:26:
Gamers shouldn't have to

But that is why we are the master race, drop your pair already, their lodged in your throat. Mamby pambies can't edit an .ini file now if needed.

Agreed though their idiots if it doesn't exist in menu. But my g-pa would roll in the grave at my first world problems.

10. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 11:24 HorrorScope

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 11:20:
I just discovered that the game is limited to 60fps by default

You mean a setting you can change to over-ride? I went through a few articles, I'm sure like any game I'll manage good visuals and performance, look at shadows/distances first, go from there. Nothing new to a pc gamer.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 8, 2015, 18:37 HorrorScope

Saboth wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 14:00:
I know everyone's hopping up and down for Fallout 4 (I'll probably pick it up when it's GOTY for 50% off), but if you are interested in a Dungeon-Crawling RPG, "The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians" is a great game so far. It looks similar to the Grimrocks, but focuses on combat, leveling, gear more than those excessive puzzles. Definitely worth the asking price IMO.

It has added what Grim and MMX needed, it has mouselook like the others but if you move forward it will auto-move in that direction. The other games you were still stuck in strafe and turn, this alone makes is a total step forward for the genre.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preloads
29. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 7, 2015, 13:22 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 12:48:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 12:30:
Fallout never seems to match up to the awe of the Elder Scrolls games. It's not that Skyrim had cutting edge visuals but it didn't look dated like Fallout 3 and Fallout 4.

Go compare Skyrim's graphics to Witcher 3's. Skyrim is definitely dated. But that's not why we play the Elder Scrolls games and Fallout games. We play them because of the story and the exploration. Well, that's why I play them.

It's a sum of all parts for all games. Bethesda games still do things other games don't and until then they will have a following. If you are on a PC gfx will be good and will be great in time with mods.

As for I'll wait for patches and a price drop, we can a do use that now will all games. I reckon most of us now have a very short list of what games we'll buy day one at $60. I'm in zero rush in having to get any new game NOW.

News Comments > Overwatch Not F2P?
13. Re: Overwatch Not F2P? Nov 5, 2015, 20:05 HorrorScope

It's Blizzard, they could get $100, they have a crazy loyal base.  

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
43. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 01:34 HorrorScope

GFX the same... FO3 left. FO4 right.

http://i.imgur.com/ZHG5HtC.jpg

41. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 00:38 HorrorScope

Razumen wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 00:22:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 23:56:
Slick wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 21:57:
yeah, new engines do take years... so? they're working on a 20 year old engine, they make boat loads of cash from every game they ship with it, why haven't they been working on this in the background?

Why can't you just keep on improving the one you have? Old or new engine are only limited by human ingenuity you put into it. They both use the same code language C++/Asm if I had to venture. Whatever us armchair developers think the new engine should have... they could just do whatever that is, into this.

It doesn't quite work like that. Sure, they can keep on tacking new features and graphical doodads, but eventually there comes a point where the improvements that are needed require so change in the existing codebase that it makes more sense to just start over rather than try to rewrite everything to fit some new specification.

Well it can work either way. I get it if they didn't have access to the sauce code of the engine, but if they do, then it simply is what feature(s) do we want that we don't have? Does it make sense to start it all from scratch or add this to the existing engine. So far they always answer add it to. We don't know how elegant or spaghetti it all is, but with the jack they made, I assume they have a dept to keep the code clean.

35. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 4, 2015, 23:58 HorrorScope

Drayth wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 22:59:
They did flat out say they would make one more game after Skyrim with the same engine (from interviews around the time of Skyrim's launch), which seems to imply the next one after F4 should be something new. Not going to hold my breath, but there it is...

I think Hines has been on the record in the last 18 months stating they were staying with this engine for as far as they plan out.

34. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 4, 2015, 23:56 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 21:57:
yeah, new engines do take years... so? they're working on a 20 year old engine, they make boat loads of cash from every game they ship with it, why haven't they been working on this in the background?

Why can't you just keep on improving the one you have? Old or new engine are only limited by human ingenuity you put into it. They both use the same code language C++/Asm if I had to venture. Whatever us armchair developers think the new engine should have... they could just do whatever that is, into this.

33. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 4, 2015, 23:54 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 21:52:
it's not the "graphics" which hold it back, it's everything else, the object count, view distance, polygon count, animations, really the animations still look like they're 1999...

I don't think animations have anything to do what Gamebryo can do. Divinity 2 used it and their animations were much better.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 2, 2015, 21:01 HorrorScope

Still waiting. It's not like there has been some other breakthrough that came and stole its thunder.  

News Comments > Sonic Lost World for PC Released
1. Re: Sonic Lost World for PC Released Nov 2, 2015, 19:59 HorrorScope

Just wanted to post... another Steam record broken.  

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Free DLC
11. Re: Sword Coast Legends Free DLC Nov 1, 2015, 16:01 HorrorScope

Man they did some real damage, hind sight delay it to Feb and have all the above in the game... would have had a much better shot. It's hard to get a second chance unless you are at the total top of the game making food chain.

Good news I haven't bought it, (of if I did) I can wait it out and see if they deliver what they have on the road map.

News Comments > Another New Steam User Record
7. Re: Another New Steam User Record Nov 1, 2015, 15:59 HorrorScope

There turning on a new neighborhood in China each week.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2015, 12:27 HorrorScope

It's going to be a a battle back and forth for a while. Since there isn't some universal safe and fair ad system, you really need to be protected by using one. At the same point people won't do stuff for free. We'll see...  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Amazon/Sears Oct 29, 2015, 12:05 HorrorScope

Bub wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 06:38:
Amazon has pretty much eaten Sears Roebucks lunch.

Sears, lol. Yeah they've had their lunch eaten by several times, that name is a dinosaur.

Reading articles, they poach business. They have vendors come online, they keep all the numbers to see what is hot, then they work with china to make the same but cheaper version for Amazon to sell and cuts out the original vendor. It seems partnering with them and not only this case, is temporary, they will watch you and then take over your part. It's not evil, it is somewhat logical, but companies however need to see the pattern and protect themselves. It's a devils deal in a business sense, your short term for their long term.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release
16. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release Oct 28, 2015, 17:05 HorrorScope

Anything out of WB Game Development PC post support/patching has been deplorable from the start of this series. It doesn't matter if 1000 people posted with the same problem for a year, they have zero care or initiative. Zero, perhaps a negative value if that is possible.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Released
11. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Released Oct 28, 2015, 11:51 HorrorScope

jomisab wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 10:21:
Darks wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 10:12:
I played a little over an hour last night. Played the new mage class and it was a lot of fun. the game feels so much different with all of the new voiced characters. it was defiantly a much more interesting game with all the voice overs.

I defiantly like all of the new changes.

Unfortunately, one thing that didn't change is the painfully slow movement, especially given the sizes of a lot of the areas. Once again, I'll have to wait for a speed mod before diving in. Time is valuable, after all.

Here you. Cheatengine set speed 1.25x, I'd go more like 1.5x but the dialogs get cutoff too much that way.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Released
10. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Released Oct 28, 2015, 11:47 HorrorScope

So far this addtion is a home run.

First the couch coop with the gamepad, wow there is a lot to do in D:OS and they've done a masterful job bringing it to the game pad. That alone is no small feat.

Now as for new things and the reworking of things, so far the presentation has been re-directed very very well. Cleaner, more insight. They redid all the voice overs so far, with new narratives (some the same) but they didn't skimp, they had the ability to change any dialog because you can see money wasn't an object.

They have added things to the map that weren't there. Like the three main characters starting out in the first town. You can see them on the main map and just go there. Still no arrows, but tons of people were just lost. Between the added dialog (Wizard meets you at door entering town for the first time and has a lot more to say that keeps you focused) and added visual directions you now have to be brain dead now to not be able to follow.

If it keeps up all the way through with the reworking of dialog, that would be one of the lower points of the game that has been improved, so far looking up.

Tactician mode has a good feel, you can see they have more arsenal to choose to use against you and more of them. The game on hard was too easy before.

Balancing wasn't the best either, the game was fun because of the interaction of the skills, but that all has been reworked and I assume at this point for the better, again so far so good there.

IMO this is really special what they've done. This is really a AAA release now. Before an outstanding indy effort.

Perhaps if you question the game now, try out the first map and see what you think. I also really enjoyed D2 as well, what not to love, that was the gamebryo engine in action to! But this is their best effort. They have 3 games in development now with this engine, 2 are still a mystery.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2015, 11:52.

5608 Comments. 281 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo