Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3458 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Patched
3. Re: Star Citizen Patched Jun 7, 2014, 12:05 HorrorScope

Christ, if we are going to get news every-time this game is going to be patched, might as well rename the site StarCitizenNews.com.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
28. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 7, 2014, 00:28 HorrorScope

Saboth wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 20:30:
The definition of a traitor is someone who sells out his people for personal gain. The only thing he gained from this was a terrible life on the run. If you know your boss is doing something illegal, like our government is doing, who then hides behind "national security" in order to continue, then you are a patriot for exposing it. If your government circumvents the highest law in the land (The Constitution), then it's your duty to expose it to your fellow citizens. A democracy can not be effective or even continue if half of what the government does is hidden behind "national security". You vote for the person that you think will do the best job, but how can you make an informed decision when you have no idea what is going on? I assume that the people that state he was in the wrong because he broke the laws and rules of his employment are fine when German soldiers were only "following orders"? We should have let them off the hook because they chose to follow a corrupt regime? If you want to go root out some traitors, go to Congress and round 'em up. People that actually are selling out their country to the highest bidders strictly for personal gain.

Right on. This gov't we have today is just impossibly twisted.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
25. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 6, 2014, 19:14 HorrorScope

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 13:00:
Snowden should probably be in jail. He broke the law.

I'm cool with that, if every other person who broke the law that should require jail time be jailed. There are plenty of people in power that have gotten away with something or another. He's a hero, because he punked the corruption and surrendered his QOL for us.

In the McCain vs Obama debates, they both said each other parties were corrupt and then decided that ok we're both corrupt. So like I'm supposed to have deep caring feelings for them now? They just told America they admit they are corrupt.

Then liar Kerry with the devils tongue say "Comeback and tell America your story", yeah they'd allow that, what obvious BS.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay
17. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Jun 6, 2014, 17:00 HorrorScope

To me it's even quite a bit different than Divine Divinity. Those were real time, that alone makes gameplay totally different. To me it is a lot like a BG game with hopefully NWN style mod-ability. What I would envision an updated BG would be like in 2014.

They are doing a lot of this imo by the seat of their pants here at crunch time, it looks like it is going to turn out well. Perhaps a bit buggy at first. But if they make bank DOS 2 should be off the hinges with lessons learned here.

Also today they dropped another phat update. Coming about every 2 weeks now.

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 2014, 17:38.

News Comments > Hidden Witcher 3 Message Hints at Crossbows and Horseracing
6. Re: Hidden Witcher 3 Message Hints at Crossbows and Horseracing Jun 6, 2014, 16:53 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 11:39:
So Geralt can go under the sea, under the sea? Life is much better down where it's wetter, take it from me! Life is the bubbles we got no troubles under the sea!

See, I don't know that reference and that's a good thing! lol

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 6, 2014, 16:51 HorrorScope

That isn't the saddest part, the saddest part is the wiring is there. But you are correct on why they are saying it. News like this ultimately makes me smile, because it is exposing the fraud. Good. No, GREAT!  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay
7. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Jun 6, 2014, 11:50 HorrorScope

True turn base vs pause base of Bioware's yesteryear. Meaning a helluva lot easier to keep control of.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Trading Video
30. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 22:58 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 16:04:
Time is money. If you're wasting space and time in the hamger that's money they're not making. I was the exact same in all my years serving/bartending. Soon as I thought you were done I was trying my utmost to get you out of my section so I could flip the table and make more money. I never suggested apps, and I did my best to dissuade anyone from ever having coffee and/or dessert, 'Yeah, our coffee is pretty terrible and the dessert isn't any great shakes either. Lucky for you there's a cafe down the street that does amazing coffee and dessert!' People hanging out for another hour sipping coffee and sharing a piece of cake doesn't make me money. Getting new asses in the seats with some mains, a few bottles of wine does. If it was my space station I'd run it the same way. Get in, do your bidness then GTFO ASAP!

Well I got to give it to ya, you're the same person in real-life as you are here! LoL

What did you think of people bringing their own wine and uncorking?

News Comments > 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed
27. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 5, 2014, 20:45 HorrorScope

ViRGE wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 18:43:
descender wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 12:30:
6GB of ram minimum?!? For that fuzzy, dated looking garbage?

God damn programmers have gotten fucking lazy.
It's a game built for a console with 8GB of RAM. Don't be surprised when your PC needs as much (or more) resources than a console to play console ports.

This. We should be expecting this.

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Trailer
3. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Trailer Jun 5, 2014, 20:35 HorrorScope

If that was Ethan Carter he was killed by the old dude on the trial with a steel crank.

And if it wasn't for you kids and that dog who saw the youtube video of me doing it... I would have gotten away with it.

News Comments > Steam FAQ Adds Early Access Caveat
12. Re: Steam FAQ Adds Early Access Caveat Jun 5, 2014, 15:55 HorrorScope

Read. And if you want to buy, buy. If you don't feel right, don't buy.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 5, 2014, 15:44 HorrorScope

Anybody sporting one of these kind yet? Extra-wides? Been eyeballing that over a std 16:9 with higher rez:

X-Wide

News Comments > 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed
17. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 5, 2014, 15:24 HorrorScope

1:46 puts a little smile on my face.  

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 5, 2014, 11:59 HorrorScope

Interesting Linux Benches. Ouch Nvidia.  

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 5, 2014, 11:44 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 10:23:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 09:54:
Story has me confused he talks up 4K but is using a 1440P monitor.

"Asus’ latest 4K monitor, the PB287Q" - It's not 4K.

I did a search and another article is talking about this model being 4K. But both Amazon and New Egg have this monitor at 1440P.

ASUS PB287Q, LED-Monitor
3840x2160 Pixel
699€

You look at the wrong stores ,)

And if you were really curious.. well there is the official site
https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/PB287Q/

I figured something was up, what happens when I searched is both those places took me to 278 vs 287, no heads up or nothing. So it was in details. Thanks for clearing that up for me. (Yep Beamer)

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2014, 11:56.

News Comments > Why World of Darkness Went Dark
6. Re: Why World of Darkness Went Dark Jun 5, 2014, 11:42 HorrorScope

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 10:54:
Prince of Persia, Assasin's Creed, or Titanfall style wall walking and terrain traversal would have been (and might still be?) revolutionary in MMOs. Climbing some ladders (AoC), Flying Mounts (WoW), or wings (Aeon) are all implemented to give greater mobility....but I'd love to see truly interactive terrain ala EQL via grappling hooks or the like.

The Superhero MMO's all have things like this, so much for the revolution.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 5, 2014, 09:54 HorrorScope

Story has me confused he talks up 4K but is using a 1440P monitor.

"Asus’ latest 4K monitor, the PB287Q" - It's not 4K.

I did a search and another article is talking about this model being 4K. But both Amazon and New Egg have this monitor at 1440P.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 4, 2014, 22:00 HorrorScope

Quite a list of recent hires...

Holtman is one of the more high-profile hires at Oculus, but he's far from alone. In fact, the company has been on a real tear lately, picking up personnel from Valve, Google, Electronic Arts, 343 Studios, id Software, Bungie and several others. At least 17 have joined up just since March:

Neil Konzen, former engineer at Valve and one of the original Microsoft employees
Brian Hook, former engineer at RAD (Telemetry) and the original author of 3Dfx Glide
Adrian Wong, former lead systems engineer at Google[x] (Glass)
Ian Field, former engineer at ARM and co-inventor of Cortex-M
Raul Corella, former head of supply chain at JawBone, Monster, and Leap Motion
Laura Fryer, former GM of Epic Seattle and WB Seattle
Paul Pedriana, former lead engineer at EA
David Moore, former engineer at RAD (Granny)
Kenneth Scott, former art director at 343 Studios (Halo 4)
Seneca Menard, former technical artist at id Software
Paul Pepera, former environment artist at Valve and 343 Studios
Brian Sharp, former engineer at Bungie
Aaron Nicholls, former engineer at Valve, 343 Studios, and Microsoft
Matt Alderman, former engineer at Valve and ArenaNet
Cass Everitt, former GPU architect and engineer at Nvidia
Ross O’Dwyer, former at head of development support at Havok
Douglas Lanman, former research scientist at Nvidia Research and MIT Media Lab

Other big-name executives at Oculus include id Software co-founder John Carmack, Quake and Half-Life developer Michael Abrash and former EA Vice President David DeMartini, the man who became famous in 2012 for saying that Steam sales cheapen intellectual property.

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
21. Re: Game as a service Jun 3, 2014, 23:12 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 20:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 19:17:
MUGWUMP wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 17:42:
"Games-as-a-service"

"Not-a-Fucking-Chance"

Yeah those words never would come out of a game designer or developer. Just front office suits. They should know better than ever trying to sell entertainment with such business words.

Someone has never been to GDC.

True. Sad though, but there's all types, plenty of games I play, I'm sure those words are never said.

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
17. Re: Game as a service Jun 3, 2014, 19:17 HorrorScope

MUGWUMP wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 17:42:
"Games-as-a-service"

"Not-a-Fucking-Chance"

Yeah those words never would come out of a game designer or developer. Just front office suits. They should know better than ever trying to sell entertainment with such business words.

3458 Comments. 173 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo