Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3706 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Previews
3. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 30, 2014, 14:30 HorrorScope

There's your next million... ship weathering.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead State Beta
2. Re: Dead State Beta Aug 30, 2014, 14:29 HorrorScope

$30 seems about $10-$15 to high in this crowded field.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
2. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 30, 2014, 14:27 HorrorScope

Could be a clever way of finding exploits and getting rid of them. Then once that is done they can finally release Diablo 3 as finished to the public. Oh wait...  

News Comments > Op Ed
131. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 20:15 HorrorScope

Signed,
Drama

News Comments > Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode
13. Re: Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode Aug 28, 2014, 20:50 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 20:02:
Beamer wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 18:27:
nin wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 18:24:
Why?

Desperation.

If they're desperate, they should add an offline bot mode, or coop vs. bots. That's what we've been asking for. No bots, no sale.

IMO that wouldn't make a difference, perhaps a small pop would pay for it.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced
33. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 28, 2014, 12:33 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:30:
Bundy wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:27:
Does the normal game also have co-op multiplayer?

Nope. That would add tons of complications that require tons of time and money that would inevitably make the entire singleplayer experience suffer horribly. So be glad the normal game does not feature co-op.

I have never shared this opinion and making games is hard and EA are big boys. In time the large open world RPG's will start offering Co-op play. As always an option and should be nothing different from the playing SP, just now you have friends. Party pooper.

News Comments > EA's $1B DLC Goal
41. Re: EA's $1B DLC Goal Aug 27, 2014, 18:50 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 17:08:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 16:59:
Ran the numbers that would mean 25 million people (does it even sell that many copies) would have to spend $40 each to hit a billion.

Went to check it sells around 5 million, so I'll be nice and say 7.5 million. Now assuming everyone bought DLC for Madden which we know doesn't happen that would then mean each person would have to spend $133 each on top of the game itself to hit a million. Figure 1/4 of the people buy DLC that would mean on avg they would have to spend an additional $525 each.

Yeah this all makes sense.

Reread the blurb - they have a $1B goal, and expect Madden to contribute. That doesn't mean they expect Madden to be 100% of it. I'm sure they know damn well that FIFA will be what pulls the bulk of the sport DLC.

LOL, thanks I knew that when I read it yesterday, just going back around and forgot and ran #'s based on 1 billion / total sales. Thanks for correcting.

News Comments > Steam Allows Multiple Game Installs
16. Re: Steam Allows Multiple Game Installs Aug 27, 2014, 18:48 HorrorScope

Still want the downloads page to at least keep the last few months log, not resetting every time you restart steam, along with DATE and time stamp. Version # would be nice to.  

38. Re: EA's $1B DLC Goal Aug 27, 2014, 16:59 HorrorScope

Ran the numbers that would mean 25 million people (does it even sell that many copies) would have to spend $40 each to hit a billion.

Went to check it sells around 5 million, so I'll be nice and say 7.5 million. Now assuming everyone bought DLC for Madden which we know doesn't happen that would then mean each person would have to spend $133 each on top of the game itself to hit a million. Figure 1/4 of the people buy DLC that would mean on avg they would have to spend an additional $525 each.

Yeah this all makes sense.

25. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 16:04 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:30:
Bundy wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 14:27:
Does the normal game also have co-op multiplayer?

Nope. That would add tons of complications that require tons of time and money that would inevitably make the entire singleplayer experience suffer horribly. So be glad the normal game does not feature co-op.

As said no, but I hope the next one does. I think there has been enough wants of Skyrim type coop game as an option. I always imagine with friends (not strangers) a Skyrim with up to 4 would be great fun, but it would all have to be designed out.

23. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 15:52 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 12:29:
Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 10:21:
It sounds like they are putting actual effort into it with real dungeon crawls rather than just some dumb survival modes so kudos there.

My friend worked on this game exclusively, he told me that the Coop mode they added is a lot of fun to play. He also told me that there is a separate team working on the PC UI which they have not shown yet. but he said it was very kewl looking. Looking forward to seeing that, hopefully it is good.

Me personally, I'm looking forward to the game. I'm pretty excited about the Coop, that's just an added plus for the game that's already 200 plus hours long. Cant wait!

BTW, there are three Coop Campaigns for the game if you all didn't know that. I'm down for the Blues Group add me when it time.

Same. The people I play with will have this, unless it bombs and if the coop is good it will be fun to meet up there and play that through. I see what they are going after, makes some sense.

News Comments > GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming
11. Re: GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming Aug 27, 2014, 15:49 HorrorScope

Perhaps the worst collection of movies assembled, we'll have to see where this goes.  

4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Co-op Announced Aug 27, 2014, 10:42 HorrorScope

Yah might be a fun add-on to the main game. Two Worlds 2 had something down this line, was pretty good, however to me it was always in hopes of something even more down the line, that never happened. Goes to search to see if there is a Two Worlds 3.

But right off it reminds me of things like Neverwinter, Daggerdale, LOTR War in the North. But it's hard to say how good or fun it is until we get to try ourselves. Is it shallow, or is there some meat to it.

5. Re: EA's $1B DLC Goal Aug 26, 2014, 20:05 HorrorScope

DLC in Madden, what you have to buy the 4th quarter separately?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 26, 2014, 11:16 HorrorScope

Steve I have to say...

"That they are a scam artist"

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
5. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 17:27 HorrorScope

That's a lot of money for questionable revenue generation, whatever it will take to make that up, users of the service probably won't accept it. Commercials etc. Now Amazon can add this purchase to their quarterlies.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video
26. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 23:14 HorrorScope

Tom wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 22:50:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 22:27:
What if you just use the Rift as a display device? Enclosed, large FOV and 3d. Turn off head tracking and then play with a K/M. To me it seems like a more awesome monitor in that way. What could be cool is you could go full VR with new style of games, but you could also play the older one's with k/m and simply be more immersed.

I experimented with doing exactly this yesterday and today with the DK2. I played HL2, Skyrim, and Bioshock Infinite (the latter two via vorpX). It's possible to look around with the headtracking, and that works fairly well, but I usually find myself just looking straight ahead and using the KB/mouse as I would with a monitor. At slower points in the game when there's interesting stuff to look at, it makes more sense to use the headtracking. It is pretty cool.

So you felt that was pretty good and doable? Would you say it is better than just a flat monitor in that kind of setup?

I was thinking at first that was the next step, just getting a more immersive monitor using the same ole, but I see they are going full on. I just know a lot of these 3d style devices, it isn't easy to handle in most cases and it will be a large entry barrier for many. I'm glad the system can be just basic or be full on and probably many variations in-between, that just gives us more ways to play when we feel like something different.

24. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 22:27 HorrorScope

SirKnight wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 20:40:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 16:28:
entr0py wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 16:03:
It makes me realize that Oculus needs to get cracking on a controller before the commercial release. Mice and keyboards or gamepads aren't really adequate for VR. Developers will want some kind of standard controller they can rely on the customer having.

I don't agree, I'm fine with using keyboard and mouse in combination with the Oculus. Those hyrda controllers are cool but I'm not sure if I would use them.

KB/mouse feels really awkward and unnatural to me with the rift (both DK 1 and 2). Even a standard controller doesn't feel quite right. When I use my DK2 I really feel the need to use my hands in a natural way. So something like the Hydra will help a lot with that.

What if you just use the Rift as a display device? Enclosed, large FOV and 3d. Turn off head tracking and then play with a K/M. To me it seems like a more awesome monitor in that way. What could be cool is you could go full VR with new style of games, but you could also play the older one's with k/m and simply be more immersed.

20. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 19:52 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 19:39:
My first impression is gonna decide everything (for me) with this tech.

One shot? I'll treat it like anything else, yes it has to be good, if it isn't but then something else is or it is improved, so be it. Good enough for me.

2. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 13:46 HorrorScope

What I see is there are a lot of personal flavors to this. This is using the hydra, using it to line up sights etc, while cool, it makes control way more difficult than what we have today. We'll have to see how people accept this overall. I'm still wanting to just try this in an all encompassed 3d view with near std K/M. So there is simply closed off immersion all the way to full blown VR, that later takes some talent and patience.  

3706 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo