Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3479 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 6
14. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 6 Jun 13, 2014, 19:51 HorrorScope

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 12:44:
Personally I think Microsoft has made a fantastic contribution to PC gaming this year. By killing GFWL.

They did because there were still enough clueless producers that would continue to use it. How could they have not gotten the memo from fans? Entire marketing teams at many houses should have been gutted.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 6
13. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 6 Jun 13, 2014, 19:49 HorrorScope

ViRGE wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 11:28:
Spencer explains why Microsoft didn't bring Windows games to E3.
Not to be snarky, but Microsoft makes more money off of Xbox games than PC games. PC gaming is still a profit center for them, but when it's not the most profitable gaming business it's not going to be the center of attention.

If they never made an Xbox and only made PC games and peripherals, bottom line they would have been further ahead. But they've gone all in a long time ago, so they just trek down a path of hopefully break-even'ish.

News Comments > Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification
27. Re: Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification Jun 13, 2014, 19:45 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 11:32:
If Mac owners want Star Citizen, they should buy a pc.

Fixed it for you.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 13, 2014, 19:41 HorrorScope

Have to agree because why would someone choose Infusion over more popular choices today if you were actually changing engines?

I assume they feel this buys them 6+ months of slow updates.

News Comments > BF Early Access Possible
19. Re: BF Early Access Possible Jun 13, 2014, 13:19 HorrorScope

Overall this sounds like a good idea. They need to improve quality, this will allow it and when ready they can release. The "when ready" part though needs to be adhered to.

As for if you like early access or not, if they are clear on what you are buying that is all that is ever needed. Someone can charge you a $1000 for a pinch of dirt, if they are clear and you understand what you are buying into.... well that is capitalism.

News Comments > 75 More Steam Greenlights
19. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 20:40 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 13:18:
If there were like 10 or 20 a month, I could check them all out. But 70-80 a shot is kind of overwhelming.

And that is 2x a month.

News Comments > Oculus VR Era Projections
26. Re: Oculus VR Era Projections Jun 12, 2014, 18:18 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 00:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 22:15:
Most people don't play PC games.

Yeah, those 65 million people on Steam don't mean a thing.

You took it out of context totally.

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible
17. Re: Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible Jun 12, 2014, 17:55 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 15:19:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 15:13:
They don't know what happens with uncapped FPS? I'll tell you what happens, higher FPS. What else would happen? Nothing is the only other option.

That's like a carpenter saying I built a closet and never opened the door, who knows what could be behind it? An astral portal? The ocean? Nope a small dark area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDA37BmvNwM

Fair enough, I haven't seen a game personally, but I see it is possible. Leave it to EA.

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible
14. Re: Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible Jun 12, 2014, 15:13 HorrorScope

They don't know what happens with uncapped FPS? I'll tell you what happens, higher FPS. What else would happen? Nothing is the only other option.

That's like a carpenter saying I built a closet and never opened the door, who knows what could be behind it? An astral portal? The ocean? Nope a small dark area.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears
7. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears Jun 11, 2014, 22:28 HorrorScope

We are getting caught up in a lot of these beta costs lately. Yeah it's a bit rich for sure and I won't be playing in those games. But the main thing is it is coming along, hopefully it will be good and we can buy it at regular costs when the time comes.  

13. Re: Oculus VR Era Projections Jun 11, 2014, 22:25 HorrorScope

entr0py wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 22:06:
Yeah now that you mention it, "near cost" makes sense for a console where they make most of their money on games and licensing, but what revenue would Oculus get aside from hardware sales?

Oculus is now Facebook, it what would Facebook get. This thing isn't just going to be for games, like a pc. You'll be able to buy one and use it just for games. But Facebook is looking at the social aspect of this, getting their product out there they feel they can secure their position longer term.

12. Re: Oculus VR Era Projections Jun 11, 2014, 22:15 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 20:39:
Most people are not going to strap a TV to their face. Period.

Most people don't play PC games. I don't care about most people, that is now Facebook's problem. I'm open that this think may not work and open to that it will work. I'm not going to be Henry "Old Poop" Fonda for no good reason. I'm somewhat confident this works because there is now a lot of people, putting money down developing VR (not just Oculus) and they wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't impressive. There are thousands that have bought the dev kit, in general even with its weak specs it has bowled them over. I'm going with their word at this time over a Poo Poo'ers.

It does hit mass levels if it can be used in things that you can now do, but for a lot less being there virtually.

Taking quite a while to get to market though, but I agree with it has to be right for it to stick.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2014, 22:24.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 10, 2014, 21:50 HorrorScope

Non native resolutions looking good on a monitor has everything to do with the scaler being used. If bad, it's bad and at that point, there is no reason for many to own a 4K monitor at this time. Intel and NVidia would need to release much better HW.

320 to 1080 is one thing, the native 320 rez can only do so much.

1080 to 4K with a good scaler, will look like a native 1080 monitor. Which is still quite nice.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
40. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 9, 2014, 19:39 HorrorScope

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 10:02:
Look guilty? He IS guilty. He broke the law. He's not a "traitor", but he's definitely a coward. H

Dude has more balls than everyone here combined, he sacrificed his livelihood for Americans. Coward? I'd say those that secretly agree with him that still work at the NSA and collect a pay check, them there are cowards.

Anyone calling him a coward including the flat out lying Kerry. "He can tell America his side of the story" is just trying to muddy the waters with propaganda. He's in the right the NSA isn't and long term it's a slam dunk that this will be the conclusion.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 8, 2014, 15:05 HorrorScope

MS cannot speed up O/S releases if they are going to force business to constantly be testing and deploying. This shit if going to hit the wall fast.  

News Comments > Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs
5. Re: Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs Jun 8, 2014, 15:02 HorrorScope

Love how they can change the EULA mid-stream. When does Grandfathering kick in on things like this? Not that I'm pro-ptw Minecraft, but I'm also not a fan on rule changes on people that bought in under different rules.  

News Comments > Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced
4. Re: Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced Jun 7, 2014, 21:02 HorrorScope

Interesting.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Patched
17. Re: Star Citizen Patched Jun 7, 2014, 15:43 HorrorScope

Tom wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 15:19:
Medwynd wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 15:06:
Clearly you don't understand what a smiley at the end means.

It means "this is how I really feel but since I will sound like a douche for saying it I can just put a smiley on the end and no one can call me out"

Nailed it!

Exactly. Otherwise the whole thing would implode within itself.

15. Re: Star Citizen Patched Jun 7, 2014, 15:06 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 14:37:
Well, it's Saturday morning for most folks, so people's sarcasm detectors haven't fully powered up yet. Kind of like Arena Commander. Not fully powered up yet.

That is why I put the so Saturday Sarcasm Detectors weren't needed. LOL

10. Re: Star Citizen Patched Jun 7, 2014, 13:54 HorrorScope

Timmeh wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 13:18:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 12:05:
Christ, if we are going to get news every-time this game is going to be patched, might as well rename the site StarCitizenNews.com.

Being that the site is "bluesnews" I think Blue is free to post whatever the hell he thinks is news. especially if its something major going on in the PC space.

Go make your own site and post whatever the hell you want.

oh yeah.. the obligatory :-)

Yeah but I don't think you really understand what smiley at the end means.... SARCASM. However I could forsee it getting out of hand with this one. But at this time, sarcasm. Go look up internet rulebook.

After reading more comments... I suggest a few more go look up how this all works. I could smiley or /sarcasm at the end.

3479 Comments. 174 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo