Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3005 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: National Day of Unplugging Mar 8, 2014, 14:44 HorrorScope

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 10:22:
Because your behavior is showing to the person you are physically with that you'd rather be hanging out and talking with someone else, an act which is hurtful and rude?

Now that could happen, but I think a lot of this isn't that. Yes if I came over to visit and you didn't give me your time and were locked into something else, phones or whatever else. That is rude. I think this conversation is beyond that simple situation and into a much more invisible one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: National Day of Unplugging Mar 8, 2014, 14:42 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 09:57:
Why is being engaged in a conversation with someone physically beside you so much better than being engaged in a conversation with someone who isn't?

When you're getting grumpy at people in restaurants looking at their phones, ask yourself: who's the idiot here? Is it:

a) The person who is doing what they want and communicating with who they want, because they're not having the meal-time experience that you would want?

b) The person who is so focussed on the irrelevant actions of other diners, they seemingly get annoyed and so don't have the meal-time experience that they would want.

In my book, the people moaning about people using their phones are the fools and are often the rude ones. Some prick taking a phone call in a nice restaurant is definitely the rudest, but when it's a choice between someone quietly checking the weather forecast on their phone and Judgey McJudgerson then McJudgerson is both rude and foolish.

We are on the same page. And when someone is starring at their phone assume they are reading today's newspaper or book. All socially acceptable things for ages. Now if they are starring at a black screen, then that is odd. My guess is others think we spend too much time on our pc's.

If one has problems with small things like this, assume the world if you were in charge would be no better than what we have today. You think you are all about freedom, but only if it's done as you say.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2014, 14:36 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 22:05:
Cutter wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 20:43:
My brother and mom are on their phones all the time. All...the...fucking...time. And it's all bullshit. They're just talking shit with people. Wasting a $100 to yammer with people about nothing all day long.

They do, I presume, have free will? They are doing this by choice? Just because it seems like a waste of time to you doesn't mean that they're not gaining some value from it.

If you don't want a cell phone that's your business but complaining about what other people are choosing to do because you wouldn't choose to do it is old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn territory.

This. There is a phenomenon they haven't catched onto yet. The Rage people have when others nearby are on the phone talking/texting to someone else. There is some type of unknown jealousy going on. See it all the time, not sure what psychology is going on, but something makes people upset when others are on their phones.

But again unplugging for a day does what? They think we are going to say "You know, guess what I don't need this. I can go camping instead (March 8th) from now on. Make fire, cook meat." And then the next day happens and it's all back to their normal.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 8, 2014, 13:15 HorrorScope

I was thinking the Infinity team was fine that sold a crap load. How people that knock games around here regularly like Infinity, is so far beyond me. Everything is third rate and the spell put on people is "cute action figures" that sit on a plate. Back in the day, having a character choice to play in game, didn't require one buying a inanimate action figure. What a coup...  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 7, 2014, 20:58 HorrorScope

Leave her out of it, many of us have examples of the Boss of IT moving through management ranks with no IT knowledge. "I know how to manage!". But those under you can lie like a rug and you have no history to really know for sure. Or vendors quoting high dollars and long deadlines. If you don't know Jack, you have no room to question.

See IT Crowd for sketches. "Boss, Tell those in the Board Meeting not to Google Google, it will crash the internet. Thanks for the tip!".

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
49. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 20:39 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:42:
I just don't want people to see "It's like Skyrim!" and get their hopes it,

Your response was on spot. But to that I say "Fuck the People!".

Always go in with low expectations, life is best that way.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2014, 19:57 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 16:06:
if you need a national holiday to tell you how to conduct yourself

This. What are they hoping? That we'll get some Monk like enlightenment and change? And then what the economy crashes? What is the point of it?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 7, 2014, 19:10 HorrorScope

Because the dirty whore from Germany decided she likes to be watched. (It's a funny)  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
29. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 18:43 HorrorScope

Panickd wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 16:05:
So I wouldn't be at all shocked to see these consoles both get deep price cuts over the next 3 years or so (it is commodity hardware, after all) and then start hearing inklings of a new generation by four years out that would basically be just an upgraded PC, thereby giving backwards compatibility with this gen and providing newer games for all the 4K TVs. It's just going to depend on consumer demand.

Would we think that the consoles moving forward will be compatible? So as you say, very little R&D, just put in the best you can for $400, same everything in terms of O/S. MS should consider doing that for this Christmas.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2014, 13:43 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:23:
So is this thing going to blow the Occulus away?

Doesn't seem to be, more in line with that Sony has been doing. Putting a screen in front of you, being so close you can make it look large in relation. Crisp clean 3D. I didn't see the resolution.

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 12:54 HorrorScope

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:47:
Panickd wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:01:
InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 10:02:

Im not sure most would know the difference unless someone pointed it out to them. For that matter Im not sure most PS4 owners would know the difference either.

Unless you had the PS4 version and the XBox One version side by side on some large ass TVs that you were sitting unnaturally close to you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Like, not at all. Most folks have a problem telling 720p from 1080p on normal size televisions at living room distances, and that's a huge difference. But 180 extra lines of resolution? You'd legitimately need to have your nose against the screen to spot that.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go back to gaming at "4K" on my PC.

You are right, from a couch viewing distance 720P on a 42" screen is fine for many things. But that isn't ultimately the point that is being said here. It's that this is the console for the next 7 years and this is already struggling with things that we would have just thought was a no-brainer given.

For the master race, they did the one thing right they had to 8 gig's o ram, that was the part that affects me.

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 12:47 HorrorScope

Panickd wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:01:
InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 10:02:

Im not sure most would know the difference unless someone pointed it out to them. For that matter Im not sure most PS4 owners would know the difference either.

Unless you had the PS4 version and the XBox One version side by side on some large ass TVs that you were sitting unnaturally close to you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Like, not at all. Most folks have a problem telling 720p from 1080p on normal size televisions at living room distances, and that's a huge difference. But 180 extra lines of resolution? You'd legitimately need to have your nose against the screen to spot that.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go back to gaming at "4K" on my PC.

You are right, from a couch viewing distance 720P on a 42" screen is fine for many things. But that isn't ultimately the point that is being said here. It's that this is the console for the next 7 years and this is already struggling with things that we would have just thought was a no-brainer given.

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 12:43 HorrorScope

Bundy wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 09:36:
The XB1 will always lag a little behind. Surprise to no one at this point. But I think it's time to pour myself a "PC Master Race" cup of coffee and hit dem forums!

I agree.

They should just be thankful their able to bang the power of the cloud to get what they do get.

News Comments > Planetsł Kickstarter
7. Re: Planetsł Kickstarter Mar 7, 2014, 12:26 HorrorScope

Interested in final product, good luck!  

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Specs
13. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 12:24 HorrorScope

Bundy wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 09:30:
Mine was too last year. I tried to play Max Payne 3 for PC and my machine just kinda laughed at me. So I told the wife the good news. "Honey! I'm spending $3000 on a new PC!"

Go big or go home!

Over the past two years I've upgraded the 4 systems I got... Takes $350 MB/Ram/CPU each and another $250 for VC. $2400 for all four, and everything plays like table-top butter. That $3000 system must be a monster.

39. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 12:21 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:48:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 02:08:
Where Skyrim you can walk from one end to another without a load outside, DA3 is promising no loads for going into buildings or caves. It could be argued that there is then less loading in DA3 than Skyrim.

I don't think the amount of loading matters. I think it matters whether you can actively walk from one end of the playable map to the other without ever skipping a step. Realistically it's still loading in the background anyway, even if you don't see a "loading" screen.

In DA3 you will not be able to do this. There are zones, and the zones aren't side by side, so to speak. If you go from zone A to zone B, you're skipping over the stuff in between.

And while I'm not sure about it, Bioware has seemed to indicate that the zones "open up" as you go further into the game, so not all zones may be accessible right from the start. (just like it was in DA:O.)

That's just not an open world game.

Now, could it be bigger than Skyrim, land-mass wise? Undoubtedly. And I'm not saying it's a bad thing that DA3 chooses to go this route, it just can't be called an open world game like Skyrim.

To me it depends on the size of the area's before it needs to load. I feel there have been several other games that have been considered "Open World" that still had load screens at some point. So I do agree it's not like Skyrim in there are no outside loads. But Skyrim vs Any other Bioware game, this seems to be much closer to Skyrim in this manner than their other works. If they do things right, this will be known as a big move forward for Bioware, they had imo the worst engine for many years.

Entering buildings and such with no loads is a very cool feature and shouldn't be dismissed. I feel I rather have that and a few large zone loads. We shall see.

As anything this could suck, but I see several things that I like about it in design any way.

38. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 12:14 HorrorScope

Raptor wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 03:35:
Poor man's "The Witcher" eh.
They used to be trend setters not follow-up people...

I felt the action combat model in DA2 was better than Witcher.

I felt the voice acting/story telling was in DA2 was better than Witcher.

News Comments > Tomb Raider "Exceeded Profit Expectations"
10. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 10:21 HorrorScope

Do people get their jobs back?  

24. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Mar 7, 2014, 02:08 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 01:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 18:47:
No more 2 square blocks and reload, this is promising even more openness than Skyrim.

Except it isn't. This is not an Open World game. The levels are more open than they have been, and will apparently allow for quite a bit of exploration, but to give a comparison, where in Skyrim you can walk from Riften to Markath, in DA3 you will exit out of the zone that Riften is in, and likely through a world map would go to the zone that Markath is in.

So it's not more open than Skyrim, and they've never said it would be. They've just said the levels/areas themselves would be more open. (although compared to DA2 that's not saying much, because DA2's levels were pathetic.)

Can an open world game have any loads? I think so. But it could vary person to person.

Where Skyrim you can walk from one end to another without a load outside, DA3 is promising no loads for going into buildings or caves. It could be argued that there is then less loading in DA3 than Skyrim. This may have changed but that is what they promised in the vids many months back. And the area's they showed were a lot bigger than anything Bioware has ever done, and perhaps not Skyrim size, but take anything below that and seemed to be well in that range.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 21:31 HorrorScope

PropheT wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 13:45:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 09:49:
If it weren't Blizzard this game would be like any other and not get 3rd and 4th chances and would have run its course in short order.

Be realistic. If this wasn't Blizzard, whoever made it would have cut their losses a year ago and it wouldn't even still be updated. The reason Blizzard gets the second chances is because they keep supporting their games long after anyone else would have stopped.

See Turbine's first MMO. So not everyone. But you are right they have gained points for that over the years. There are some recent ARPG's not made by blizzard getting updates past a year.

3005 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo