Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5611 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Key Sources Follow-up
3. Re: Green Man Gaming Key Sources Follow-up Nov 18, 2015, 20:09 HorrorScope

Witcher 3... "Source: Authorized Distributor"

That is transparency that makes a politician blush.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Paladins Closed Beta
14. Re: Paladins Closed Beta Nov 17, 2015, 17:20 HorrorScope

Paladins - We're all underpowered.  

News Comments > EA's "Gigantic Action" Game Plans
5. Re: EA's Nov 17, 2015, 12:01 HorrorScope

Wow that is sumtin. Takes top people to have a vision like this.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2015, 11:47 HorrorScope

Right, the State runs the lottery, that was always the known exception vs commercialized gambling. No reason to wake up today and be surprised by this. None.  

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources
6. Re: Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources Nov 16, 2015, 21:51 HorrorScope

I just assumed this...

Steam buys keys from pub/dev for the same price as GMG.

Steam upcharges 30%

When GMG has 20% off which is common, what they are telling me they are ok with making just 10%.

Go way back when steam was just starting out, that was part of the draw, cheaper games. Now that has happened overall, but what we were thinking was there wouldn't be this large 30% tack on from a digital downloading service.

So I felt both were legit, one is ok at 10, the other is steadfast at 30.

What I don't get is why Steam allows 3rd party keys to be added to steam. What is in it for them? Or is it just "it makes more people user our interface, which is a good thing for us!"

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
106. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 20:17 HorrorScope

I'm mainly an indy player these days, doesn't mean some AAA's aren't good. In fact most games have good qualities. Too many games, waaay too little time.  

102. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 19:38 HorrorScope

yuastnav wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 18:35:
So is this game as boring as Fallout 3 New Vegas?

Man, I've never missed Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics as much as when I played F3NV. Why did they abandon the isometric look?

12 million reasons today.

101. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 19:36 HorrorScope

Yifes wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 17:42:
Holy shit... No idea why Bethesda games are so popular. Barely managed to finish Skyrim's main quest, and couldn't even finish FO3 or Oblivion due to boredom...

LOL.... the most obvious of answers. People are different. I think we all have some popular things we like and some popular things we don't like. News at 11.

83. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 15:31 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 14:38:
Millions of people" also basically bought this product blind because it said Fallout on it. I'm pretty certain that the fact they possessed $60 doesn't automatically make it a good game (see: Halo, WoW, CoD, The Sims). These numbers don't mean a goddamn thing regarding the legitimacy of the issues and complaints raised against the game.

Can we get a list of those complaints?

57. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 13:52 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 13:47:
And from my perspective I see no reason why it should have more negative reviews than Skyrim at the same point. None.

Honestly? If you don't have or understand a single complaint about FO4 then you definitely got the game you deserved.

Give me your list of what you feel are the complaints?

Skyrim wasn't perfect either and in fact had more memory crashes by far on release. It took a couple indy mod'ers to fix some things, that woke Bethesda up to use basically their fixes. The one wonky thing they carried over that is just silly is remapping and then some on menu options don't remap. So basically you have to remap your controls if you don't like their presets for menu control. I can do it, it is silly, but I move on. I made sure I had k and m that are both programmable on my end for things like this. It happens more than we like, I do agree, but I'm prepared, always. PC Master race, right?

I look at all the good and weigh against the bad, another winner.

51. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 13:40 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 13:36:
3200 is a ridiculously small number

No... it isn't. It took Skyrim 4 years to get to 8k reviews, FO4 has half of that number in 4 days. Fallout4 already has more negative reviews posted than Skyrim... If these mythical "bethesda haters" are actually posting fake reviews, they haven't been doing a very good job of it with other Bethesda games... just this one.

And from my perspective I see no reason why it should have more negative reviews than Skyrim at the same point. None.

49. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 13:34 HorrorScope

Undocumented Alien wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 13:19:
As far as FO4 not being an good RPG... can't really agree, it's a living world where MOB's have agendas, you can be a gun slinger, a Ninja, Sniper, Cool Guy (high Charima), etc. You pick a role and you can play it, nothing in teh game stopping that.

That's what I say, beyond what narrative they give us, I'm really making my own a lot of the time. Many games are to bound by various limits to really allow one to do that. That is a great immersion deal for me.

FWIW I got one of the sweetest deals a dad can get. The youngest, 18 and working a pretty sweet first job and college, missed out of the first Pip Boy editions, so he pre-ordered FO4. Then a week prior to release they had more Pip Boy's available, he got in on that one, now has to copies. Gives the ole man a his extra one (which btw has season pass on it as well) for free, so now he only owes me $1,394,384 and his life but it used to be $60'ish dollar more a week ago! Life's good.

Plus I can borrow the pip boy and imo it's pretty darn sweet. It is pretty cool that you can use it on your arm exactly like in game and it directly works with the game, VR before VR. Cool beans.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2015, 13:39.

27. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 12:12 HorrorScope

BobBob wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 12:06:
Who is stupid enough to purchase any single player game when it first comes out? Always wait at least a year to buy it - after it is patched, polished, and, of course, when the price drops significantly.

Well... I'd say that is wise remarks if you need to be frugal with your money. There are people that will pay 32k for a ship ya know. If you like Bethesda games (12 million do) you know at $10 or $60 you are getting your moneys worth.

25. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 12:09 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 11:59:
nin wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 11:52:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 11:51:
Task wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 11:28:
Also dipped down to 77%
Source?
What the what. Metacritic shows a user score of 50%, is that being gamed?
User scores mean nothing, when people can register and reviewbomb. It's the equivalent of an amazon review.

I believe Task is referring to Steam user scores ("78% of the 18,470 user reviews for this game are positive.") Steam is a much better gauge for the simple fact that only those who bought the game can rate/review it. Plus you can look at how many hours played to determine who's legit and who's reviewbombing.

The only issue with Steam scores (which is my main barometer) is if a game doesn't launch well, it will get killed and it could be fixed really fast, but really never recover to be a true state of where the game could be shortly after. This game like most pc games gets the big hits right away - Bugs/Doesn't Run and Doesn't live up to what I think the game should be. Not that these are bad reasons, but those are the quick day one reviews for the most part. This game will have a low score for a loooong time and will be played and loved for a loooong time. Day one, nuka-score.

23. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 12:05 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 11:45:
It being just an 'ok' game, and not excelling at being a compelling 'rpg' is definitely a problem I see for the future of Bethesda games - especially if this took 7 years. They should be striving to improve and it seems more people are generally tired of Bethesda not improving at really adding back the missing rpg elements to their open worlds that would make them great, instead of just 'ok.' I was actually hoping they would improve what they fail at... *shrug* It doesn't make me excited for the next Elder Scrolls that's for sure.

"it seems more people are generally tired of Bethesda not improving"

12 million. We have to stop liking it and buying it first. What kind of surprise is the gameplay? Seemed like we knew well in advance. I know I would love them to add in a coop option, but it isn't happening, since people are still eating it up.

7. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 11:41 HorrorScope

Lord Tea wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 11:31:
I'm mighty surprised. One must assume most of these 12M copies are for consoles. Because the PC port is a $60 catastrophe that can't be played with a mouse/keyboard in its current state and form.

LOL... and a million are playing on a PC with a k/m. What are you talking about?

6. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 11:40 HorrorScope

I don't play some of the other really popular games like COD for example, while it gets its yearly PC beat down. But this game I do and if this game is mediocrity, then what are the other 90% doing? Bethesda games gives you several things most other games simply do not. Are they using the same engine and the formula repetitive? Yes, but it's such a large canvas all variables imo added up, means it's hard not to be a winner. 12 million agree, some angry BN's do not. Same as it ever wuz.

Game looks great for me, runs great for me and gives me things other games don't. Large openness of freedom to explore and a story that I narrate more often than not.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible
34. Re: System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible Nov 12, 2015, 17:22 HorrorScope

Nucas wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 16:46:
Task wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 16:08:
  • ZeniMax/Bethseda (will turn it into a watered down, open-world explore a spaceship game with buggy Gamebryo and Dialog Wheel, and hope the mods will fix it)

• and of course the power of imagination npc interaction (one npc says to another "stop fidgeting while i get these bandages on you!" meanwhile, both npcs are standing there, looking at each other, motionless)

It would be nothing short of a capital ship in size.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible
    13. Re: System Shock Remake Plans; System Shock 3 Possible Nov 12, 2015, 11:55 HorrorScope

As said, just update the gfx and UI and you will make a lot of people happy. Now many will see the first was better than the 2nd even?  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
    24. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 12:22 HorrorScope

PiP Boy comes in today... Can't wait to use that at a business conference.  

5611 Comments. 281 pages. Viewing page 12.
    < Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo