Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5138 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report
4. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 28, 2015, 12:10 HorrorScope

Rigs wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 11:43:
I swear when I see some of these changelogs, it's like they've never developed a PC game before. If the previous games had a detailed graphics options menu, why have a simplistic menu in this one?! As Mr. Biscuit (heh) said, the Far Cry series from 2 on has always had the same graphics options and others added as technology progressed, so why fix what's not broken? And I am talking about Iron Sky, the PC dev of this port, not Rocksteady, as they were also the ones to develop and build the last Arkham game (for PC)...

=-Rigs-=

It's nuts isn't it? Madden is and looks to forever be the poster child for this. On top of management design choice, I think turnover, studio changes lead to a lot of this.

Where you think each iteration would just be an improvement on the last forever, when you have personnel changes in development areas, it seems history is showing in game development all bets are off, you can easily get degradation, lost features etc. Sad but seemingly true.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 28, 2015, 11:45 HorrorScope

siapnar wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 10:54:
ARK is really killing it in sales.

Wonder how long the survival gaming trend will last or if it will ever really fizzle.

I prefer it to a static, always in it for the $$$ while you play MMO. Player run servers just have more excitement for me. Different rules, different vibes, mmo's are stale and bland to me. I wonder if that is part of the draw, wanting to play online games, just not under the boring mmo rules companies use over and over. Some being stupid easy, tons of different confusing currencies, static environments, dumb quests vs just surviving, everything balanced to boredom.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 27, 2015, 12:01 HorrorScope

What does it mean? To end the supporting of closing security holes? If that is it, that is as much a lol as anything, they can't stop all the holes it has, never came close during it's whole life cycle, month after month of sending out warm and fuzzy patches. Even and end of life they never got them all. And, and 4 O/S's later still holes forever on the horizon.

Computer Security way up on the oxymoron list.

So if I'm giving up not closing any more holes in a limitless pit of holes, ok. I've risked it all so far.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Analysis
22. Re: Steam Summer Sale Analysis Jun 26, 2015, 18:20 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 15:35:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 14:07:
ARK is feature-complete enough, and stable enough, that if they never finish it, I'll be happy with what they've got out now. Except that's not what's happening; there's at least a patch a day (making running a server a pain in the ass). They're adding content at a nearly impossible pace, fixing weird issues and adding community-requested features all over the place. The only thing wrong so far is framerate, it requires some pretty beefy hardware to run KIND OF smoothly. You won't get 60/1080p out of it no matter what you throw at it, but you can probably squeeze 40 out. Unlike most EA games, you can SEE where the performance went.

Anyway, point is, it's earning that 10million. It's a fun, if slower paced, game to play with your friends. Planning excursions to start at dawn so you can get back safely before night, with a few resource-laden dinos in tow, is a neat change of pace. Night still comes on too fast, by the time the sun looks like it's setting, you have approximately 30 seconds before nightfall. You do NOT want to be out at night, as you can EITHER carry a torch, or a weapon. Not like a weapon's going to help when you hear trees falling and a bellow...those moments are truly terrifying and awesome. We have our own PvE server going, as the douchebaggery going on the public pvp servers is more than we want to deal with. The various dinos are providing JUST the right amount of failure-to-success for an enjoyable way to spend an evening.

Sounds like this game would actually be fun in an MMO with a better PvP system implementation. yet, it's still on a counter-strike server (like the rest of them) with horribly laid out PvP (like all of them).

Meaning, it's a horrible alpha game that shouldn't be making money (like all of them).

These are the most broken games in the gaming industry right now

I don't think so. The MMO screws it up because it is one server, one set of rules, it is made to bring in cash all the time, there will be people that put in time you simply can't get anywhere close to matching. To samey, to grindy in its way, mmo's I always feel pulled to have to keep moving fast.

I'm squarely back into Player Run Servers. More variety, you can get a little group of people on it, roughly same amount of time for each player, no one's trying to strike it rich, cheating removed with right group and modified rules as you go, also you can jump on other servers with their own unique settings for a different vibe.

As for the OP in this reply, I can say 7D2D is very similar in what you mention. Is Ark allowing mods?

News Comments > World of Warships Shipstorm
10. Re: World of Warships Shipstorm Jun 26, 2015, 13:37 HorrorScope

Simon Says wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 12:28:
Meh big deal, Navyfield2 is way better on so many levels anyway.

Hardly the point.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
12. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 26, 2015, 13:00 HorrorScope

Where is the Confederate Flag lobbyist to fight against this ban?

This started when white person goes into church kills black people with gun.

No where did I see the flag kill someone.

Weak lobbyists weak. Come on NRA showing you up!

10. Re: Steam Summer Sale Analysis Jun 26, 2015, 12:13 HorrorScope

ockky wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 12:06:
What?! no. People back in the day didn't go to Best Buy to look for games on sale. People, such as myself, do look at the steam sale and buy games once they hit a threshmark. Hell, I've owned CS:GO for over 5yrs and just installed it a week ago. I've owned Witcher 2 now for a couple of years and have never installed it. I have over 170 games in my steam library alone and have yet to install 80% of them.

I went to stores and bargains played a factor in buying. There were plenty of games back in the day I didn't finish, a few I never played. That said, there is no doubt more of this going on than ever. $5 is enticing for a game that looks good even if you don't get to it.

9. Re: Steam Summer Sale Analysis Jun 26, 2015, 12:10 HorrorScope

siapnar wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 11:28:
How to Survive was on sale for less than a dollar. Am I reading that right?

If I recall there was a paid version where you could add First Person to the game, it cost under a buck... Something like that.

News Comments > Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized
9. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 10:42 HorrorScope

Trevellian wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 10:32:
Rocksteady shouldn't have to fix Iron Galaxy's shitty mess to begin with. WB needs to stop hiring shit dev companies to port their games to PC. Origins, Shadow of Mordor, MKX and now Arkham Knight have all had shit launches now because they want to cut corners. Rocksteady did fine on Asylum and City themselves why would you take porting the third game in their series out of their hands and hand it to someone else? Rocksteady takes so much pride in this Arkham series and it's sad to see the game get shit on for performance issues and not see one mention of the story, side stories or once again phenomenal voice acting by the original Animated Series crew anywhere.

I disagree Asylum had issues (performance and saves) and I don't recall much issue with Mordor.

News Comments > GMG Arkham Knight Refunds
34. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 26, 2015, 01:36 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 01:18:
Wow, some of you are really emotionally laden because you obviously nit-picked what I said earlier. I said that the game is a mess. I agreed wih it wholeheartedly. My point was that before the refund policy, the noise would never have gotten this loud, a patch or two would be released and 95% would be happy.

Programming for PC is a horror. I can't speak from experience but I've read interviews with developers. It's because of all the hundreds of different hardware setups and software. A company can never 100% be certain their game will run perfectly on all PC setups -- they need to get post-release feedback patch stuff up. With the refund policy, I believe publishers/developers get hit irrationally hard due to this.

Sure, despite the fact the game does run flawless on my rig now... I do see it's a bad optimized game. My point: It's nothing a patch can't fix and all this deafening noise is crazy.

4th in series
Common engine
Pc excuse given is over a decade old

I only played the first. I bought it many months after release and had to shelf it for sound 3 months. They tried to ignore, one long ass thread, finally recognized and fixed for me.

Some of these larger publishers take their sweet ole time, you get a patch our two and then never look back.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
26. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2015, 20:49 HorrorScope

Blue wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 18:03:
I'm a little surprised at the reactions that think that this is not a problem since the plane didn't crash.

Again like no big whoop...

But isn't that normally the case? Uou might get lucky that nothing too bad happens or you may be extremely unlucky if it goes the worst possible way. A lot of times your are judged on how it all played out.

Yeah if the putz is a career criminal, yep that will tack on years, sure.

27. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 19:32 HorrorScope

Krovven wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 18:49:
He isn't talking black and whites. This isn't ALL about the game. There are problems, yes. It needs optimization, yes. But there is a vocal minority just trolling this shit to make things worse or at least appear worse than they actually are. Others are just dumb and follow along.

What does that matter? Who made who? The bad port is what triggered whatever has come its way. I think most are dumb pre-ordering when the series even though their 4th attempt, hasn't imo had one great launch. But then now they do have Steam Insurance where they haven't in the past. It still goes back to whoever is in charge of this, that is where the problem lies, if it brings trolls, well they invited them. 12 people 8 weeks, 12 people maybe, 8 weeks? GTFO!

20. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 18:30 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 17:39:
Well, lets actually be honest here. Let be really, really clear: A HUGE PART OF THIS FIASCO is the typical PC community cry-baby motherfucking whining. "I want a great looking game to run great on my 2+ years old rig!". Let it be known that the game is gorgeous -- is this mentioned anywhere? The amount of detail is crazy amazing. People with a killer GPU and SSD run this game smoothly too (me too I expect if I redownload it). So is it really such a fiasco? Lets get our feet on the ground and chew on it for a minute... Because, fuck me, the game is gorgeous.

In the days before refunds, this would've been a period of whining.. then a patch.. then everybody happy. Today it's people going crazy, a company getting hit so hard it falls to its knees, and a patch that makes everybody happy except for the company who's rep is raped.

I just don't like this.

Oh your playing the cry baby card to!

Lets see my 2 year old HW is stronger than a console and it seems no matter how low some go with settings it just isn't preforming like it should. Bad port is bad. No need imo to defend, they've admitted and pulled it down while it gets reworked.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 25, 2015, 18:26 HorrorScope

They dream of it, but then the inevitable happens... Can we program that in? No one raises hand. lol  

9. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 15:34 HorrorScope

Drazula wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 14:09:
siapnar wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 12:50:
Sales suspended, refunds... I can't remember the last time a launch was this bad. I'm kinda surprised it's coming in the form of Arkham Knight
There have been plenty, but rather than step up and do the right thing, they followed the "DENY anything is wrong" script. You've heard it before - "a few players are having issues", " problems with configurations outside the recommended specs" etc.

Yeah that is the line, "A small % of users...", we'd never know, so they use that. Good point.

I'm starting to think I maybe able to get a refund even though I haven't bought the game. Buying a PC batman game day one had red flags, they've had issues with all of them at release, this may be the greatest, but this hasn't been a clean release series. Getting it as a freebie from VideoCard maker, perhaps some should go there and see if they can get something out of them!

20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2015, 15:25 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 14:25:
As I understand it, there are two laws. One is for idiots that point lasers and aircraft to see what happens. Even people that do it multiple times. That's the lesser crime, and the max sentence is 5 years. Then there is a law for people who point lasers at aircraft with the intention of crashing them. That's the greater crime. The judge applied the wrong law to the case, and gave him an inappropriate sentence. Is the guy an asshole? Sure. Did the punishment fit the crime? I argued back when this story broke that it did not, and it still does not. It's the right call.

I'm not a judge nor play one on TV, seems somewhat inline to me. But also whatevah's dude done stupid shit, now your at the mercy of others.

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2015, 13:41 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 11:28:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 10:57:
14 years was crazy, you should get something no doubt, but it imo needs to be reasonable.

Did you read what he did? He repeatedly tried to blind a pilot of an emergency rescue chopper for a kids hospital. That pilot called it in to the police and FAA. Then when the police chopper responded he hit that multiple times too. Do you still think 14 years is too much with some actual context? It doesn't sound unreasonable in the circumstance to me.

Yeah probably still, but more compelling I grant you. Hit him with 3 years, unless he wants to be in the big-house forever, I'd think it would be leason learned. I'll state I don't know enough to really make a solid call, is the person insane, evil? I dunno. Both courts heard the case, know more, funny how wildly they disagree with sentence. Still no one died, to me that factors in, lot of what I read were heart strings, do you factor them or have to put them asside and go with overall results?

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 25, 2015, 10:57 HorrorScope

14 years was crazy, you should get something no doubt, but it imo needs to be reasonable.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Details; Patch Plans
3. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion Details; Patch Plans Jun 25, 2015, 10:20 HorrorScope

Good options for sure, now with the all the options given if AI is good you can play pretty much real-time and with current options turn-based, to satisfy most. We need DA:I to add AI.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended
8. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended Jun 25, 2015, 10:15 HorrorScope

Pigeon wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 09:54:
Hopefully this gets resolved, I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum and City I'd hate to see a good series turned into shit. Though it's sounding like they've taken a step back in game play too. Can anyone that can get it working (more or less as it should) confirm the game-play isn't as good?

There have been plenty of PS4 gamers who state the game is fantastic.

To me a strafing car is a turn off.

5138 Comments. 257 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo