Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4774 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
52. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 31, 2015, 11:20 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 09:38:
Ya Verno hard is the way to go, once you get to the inn just make another 3 characters and you'll be good to go.

That way you can still recruit 2 "official" npc's as you play through without waiting to recruit a whole group.

After a person described to me Path of the Damned, I'm looking forward to trying it. It isn't just more HP/Damage, but new mobs to a point it supposedly gives you a more dynamic feel, fight to fight. Wish there was a way to change mid-game, I'm sure they'll be a mod/console/hack but not sure it will be in time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
51. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 31, 2015, 11:18 HorrorScope

Redmask wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 07:15:
Anyone else feel like Paladin is a bit underwhelming?

Here's my blanket statement of the day. All Paladin's suck. It's a cheap fighter and a very cheap Priest. Yes they are weak in this game and all games unless that is all you can be and it is called Paladin: Savior of Mankind.

Not sure I've ever been to a forum with fantasy classes where Paladin's were the shit. It is always a line of complaints about them.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
9. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 09:58 HorrorScope

Zor wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 09:51:
However, since Star Citizen isn't a competitive e-sport or MOBA or something, I'm not sure how people can argue the notion of there being any kind of win condition at all.

Hey I don't know if this will be pay to win, but your definition isn't mine. It doesn't have to be straight up 100% versus game to be P2W in my book. There is plenty going on in SC, that if it does certain things will surely be considered PTW.

I still feel with the hate this game makes there should be two factions, one that bought the pre-release ships vs everyone else. To me that makes a nice line in the sand for sides.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 29, 2015, 19:47 HorrorScope

Might be a good tip there to buy AMD stock.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week
51. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 29, 2015, 11:03 HorrorScope

Like D:OS, start a second game after a handful of hours and you can see how much you've learned from the initial blind start.

Cipher mops the floor with the rouge I had. Cipher is the strongest class I've played so far. Also I couldn't have picked worse spells for my Wizard the first time around.

Got the two NPC's asap, got two additional level 2 henchies, another Fighter and a Ranger with Bear, now you can keep the squishies light and fast as you have 3 tanks in front, feels like the NFL. So much cleaner.

Recommend:
The UI mod if just to move character/skills to front center, QoL.

Game runs good with a 50% + speed enhanced with cheatengine, since you want to sneak everywhere to find hidden things. Perhaps when I catch back up to where I was before I'll slow back down, but probably not.

Set Travel to auto-fast.

Set Combat speed to auto-slow.

Targeting - Low Endurance, Enemy Spotted, Character Attack, Target Destroyed. Works pretty well, still have to manual pause from time to time or it wants to stop too quickly.

IE UI Mod other Options of note: Disable Engagement and Moving Recovery Rate allow you to dance a lot more on the battlefield like the old games if you like that vs being locked down.

Tip: On each map make sure to find an click the Travel Icons on the game field, the first time I missed one and went a much more difficult path. Like D:OS and not knowing to go out the West Gate first issue.

News Comments > Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers
29. Re: Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers Mar 28, 2015, 11:58 HorrorScope

WaltC wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 09:47:
WMy opinion right now is that "VR" is scheduled to be slightly less popular than stereoscopy "3d" turned out to be in computer gaming--and that's only assuming the VR goggles can ever be made as light-weight and as non-restrictive as the stereoscopy glasses.

Well they aren't close and no one is talking that they will be anytime on the current map. To me it is the enclosure I want, not even needing the full VR affect. To me the enclosure is the immersion and like anyone who cares, immersion is a key element.

30. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 28, 2015, 11:14 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 10:16:
The endurance system is perfect, didn't take long at all to warm up and love it.

Yeah that also seems to work well to.

29. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 28, 2015, 11:12 HorrorScope

panbient wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 09:13:
I also need to say I really like the speed toggles. Double speed for scouting / sneaking around, half speed for more involved combat.

Yes, that is using the noodle, something a genre like this needs.

Couple that with Pause on Character Attacked and/or Hit in the options, gives the game a fair feeling in terms of play and pause timing. On Hit maybe a little too much for some. That said, why never a pause for every time your characters finish any move... PAUSE? Then you have your psuedo TB. If they think they have that, then it is bugged.

A little slopppy like its predecessors in choosing a skill and making it stick quickly and clearly. Sometimes you think you have X selected, but it doesn't fire. Not having a que is a little bummer.

28. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 28, 2015, 11:04 HorrorScope

Game to me does seem a bit buggy, reading the tech forums, very buggy. I'm not talking performance/crash wise, but there are a many things that aren't working quite right imo.

To me we need D:OS combat with PoEt or Dragonfall writing. D:OS made all classes very fun to play with lots of options. Here it is more standard fantasy, melee a couple options (albeit more than old-school DnD), spell casters will have a lot, but then you have the limited spells per rest.

Still a good time for sure, but panacea is still out there, or it was Dragonfall putting it all together.

I am using the UI mod, just moving the 6 characters with their skills to the lower center is a real time saver.

21. Re: Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers Mar 27, 2015, 15:02 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 14:40:
And the last game you guys made that shows you can make something that takes advantage of VR was...

Checking, will get back to you...

16. Re: Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers Mar 27, 2015, 14:24 HorrorScope

Cool I'm a developer, send me one over. Kthx  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
62. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 23:01 HorrorScope

John wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 22:26:
Cutter wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 21:14:
I am not liking the RT combat even with the slow speed. I'm still all about that bass, er uh I mean turn-based. Shit flies by so fast I have no idea if my spells and skills work half the time without looking at the combat text. It also makes it a real PITA using food/potions. I'd like to see them last significantly longer than a few minutes.
You can set 'pauses' for many different events and/or at set time intervals and there is an auto-slow feature. I prefer RT though like it was in BG and IWD because it speeds up combat and if I need to pause for some reason I just press the space bar.

This is always my gripe with the pause base. I haven't turned everything on yet, there was one setting that it looked like it would pause after every team player action, which I thought to myself "GREAT Turnbase setting", it doesn't trigger on default attacks, which after you do something it either goes to default attack or nothing, meaning it's like 90% there and drops the ball on something that happens all the time. After you fire a skill, pause, you decided default attack, will not pause next round or ever in that case. Now x 6. But I'm still playing with it.

The other end is play realtime on easy.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 26, 2015, 20:40 HorrorScope

Right, but who's breaking in by stealing your password by guessing it? IMO that isn't how it's really being done in the big city. They just steal the whole DB and decrypt it, so it doesn't matter what you have.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
48. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 19:44 HorrorScope

Yeah for the very little I played, liking it a lot so far. See how the pause features pan out. You can feel the elegant ui additions to the IE engines games.

One little very little issue, next character button doesn't work in inventory.

To the big publishers... fuck'm. This game will probably be happy to see 2 million, they aim higher then that. But Obisdian as an indy like Larian, this is swimming in it and it allows them be indies for a long time moving forward.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 26, 2015, 10:14 HorrorScope

"Each person is trying to think about how to create as much value for customers as possible."

Have them think harder on your refunds policy.

Valve can be what they are because they have 30% of the market. Aka, swimming in it.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released
9. Re: Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released Mar 26, 2015, 00:41 HorrorScope

DK2 had first person as well. It seems Dungeons 2 learned a lot, they went to far off the formula the first time, seemed to add a lot more and get rid of impressing "good guys". They also took it another step by going outside the dungeon, we'll see if they jumped the shark with that. But because one is bad doesn't mean the second has to be, people can learn.  

News Comments > GOG.Com on Customer Service
13. Re: GOG.Com on Customer Service Mar 25, 2015, 21:13 HorrorScope

That is why there should be a small period of time, no questions asked refund. You also are explaining the Egghead issue, you will find your tolerances get lower and lower knowing you have a refund option.  

News Comments > GOG.Com on Customer Service
9. Re: GOG.Com on Customer Service Mar 25, 2015, 20:20 HorrorScope

30 days returning if you haven't downloaded yet, ok, whatever. How often does that happen. But ok, thanks.

In regards to tech issues, 30 days is very liberal, 36 hours to me seems reasonable, in terms of needing to report after download. But more the merrier.

But there is always room to improve customer service, there are plenty of startups that hit it big with very liberal return policies, that is how they got their following and they know most people don't take them up on it.

However... Egghead is what "could happen", they were a brick and mortar that had a 30 day return. Tons abused it, over time you would raise the bar of satisfaction. In the end they sold and also pointed issue with return abuse.

GoG needs and should be doing what they are doing, that is how you compete with #1, offer more incentive and superior support.

I still find buying a game and 36 hours to report technical issues reasonable for a refund. And/or game time playing a factor in returns or not.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $76M
16. Re: Star Citizen Hits $76M Mar 25, 2015, 18:30 HorrorScope

Best ever, at 13:07 Joe writes in and wants a way to scan players joining the ship to see if they have weapons and not allow them to board if they do, to avoid a mutiny.

Chris, well we don't have that today, but it is a good idea, doesn't seem to hard. We'll do it!

Love this guy, what the hell has every other dev been doing out there? Saying no, slacking, obviously.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
32. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 11:52 HorrorScope

Hey beat up on EA day... as always well deserved and its been a while, they must be improving!

Hasn't this one sort of been in affect for like 5 years or so now?

I'll buy an EA/UBI game if it hits all the right buttons. Most of their games simply don't though, especially EA.

I've been hit by DRM once that I felt it, Starforce many a moons ago. I get that this is DRM, but until I feel it, I'm not going to slippery slope it to hell and back on principle either.

I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times now. I don't need AAA anymore, the smaller studio scene can totally satisfy me, but if the stars align just right, I have no problem dropping dollars on a AAA.

4774 Comments. 239 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo