Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5611 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
28. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 25, 2015, 18:02 HorrorScope

Yes 670 is a high spec and they best hope it isn't true, it isn't good business for them on the pc. And we know it will run well under that... So why do they want to cost themselves sales? Whatever.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 25, 2015, 17:54 HorrorScope

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 14:12:
JayDeath wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 13:20:
It sounds like that Blair is a real asshole. Holy shit, I would lose my fuckin' mind if my kid brought some bullshit like this down on my family.

Yes, but being an asshole on the internet does not excuse someone ruining a family. Frankly I would have taken a trip to Finland long before now and ended this kid.

I haven't read the whole thing, but I'd start with the FBI and if it went nowhere. Finland I go.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 25, 2015, 11:28 HorrorScope

RI must never seen a company fail before. You know they have bankruptcy laws on the books, it is a viable situation. It failed, you made a bad deal, you gave 75 million to a Baseball player who loved games so much he wanted to make them with no exp. That is what unity and a bedroom is made for. But you gave him 75 million and it went belly up... that's life.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans
24. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 10:29 HorrorScope

1badmf wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 23:10:
can be please get a real star wars game that isn't eviscerated by greed?!?!

Yeah right. The definition of Greed should have a pic of Star Wars.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 24, 2015, 16:40 HorrorScope

Games could run better, systems can run better with more ram. That doesn't necessarily mean better frames. Could mean smoother, could mean faster loads, but maybe not. But there are many cases on a game only basis that more ram beyond what the game/os needs is unnecessary. That said, I'd have at a minimum 8 gigs today, 12 a really nice place, anything more user/app specific needs. My browser could be eating up 2 gigs of ram always remaining open...

Lets talk about fast ram vs slow ram.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Command Warning
20. Re: Fallout 4 Console Command Warning Nov 24, 2015, 16:30 HorrorScope

Blackhawk wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 12:45:
That's just the usual disclaimer. If you open the case, you void the warranty. If you fiddle with console commands and break a quest or corrupt your save, it isn't ours to fix.

So if I get a corrupted save and don't use command lines, they'll fix it? Their support is that good? I've only known very small developers with small user bases ever really offer anything like that.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Command Warning
19. Re: Fallout 4 Console Command Warning Nov 24, 2015, 16:29 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 10:49:
use of console is not supported, but we leave it there so you can actually complete our games.

It is silly, they make the stuff, allow modding and then will say don't do it for some reason or another. Everyone loves to sell them the fear.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2015, 12:13 HorrorScope

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 23:27:
The problem with connecting the story to the player is they throw WAY to much shit at you before they 'set the hook' of going after your son.

Sounds like a TV series. I do chuckle at some of the things BN readers get hung up on as if there is only a certain way to do this. A big part of their vision of FO is your own journey, not a per-scripted one from A to Z, that's there but you should also be blazing your own trails and thoughts. It's what they make. Surprise!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 23, 2015, 10:48 HorrorScope

I just want to see if Sony and MS are stupid enough to break compatibility next time. IMO they should just be upgrading compatible HW next go'round. They don't have it, then imo they purposely don't want compatibility. The next gen should be the cheapest/easiest step for them, everything, including O/S, Online etc should be compatible. MS should be pushing for it sooner, rather than later since they shit the bed.  

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Nov 21, 2015, 13:58 HorrorScope

This site, Steam and a particular games forum is pretty much I'll I need.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 20, 2015, 22:31 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 20:52:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 17:27:
You could really put Oculus in there in some degree. How could they realistically have sold their unit if not for the buyout? That money they collected wasn't enough. They got Luckly Palmer.
OR KS only promised DK1 I think. And they delivered those before the buyout no?

I would say as a mass commercial release? Could they have?

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 20, 2015, 17:27 HorrorScope

You could really put Oculus in there in some degree. How could they realistically have sold their unit if not for the buyout? That money they collected wasn't enough. They got Luckly Palmer.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
39. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 14:54 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 13:18:
50+ hours, and it hasn't crashed ONCE. I've had Bethesda's games crash on me since Morrowind. Frequent, frequent crashes, to the point where their games have made me the "Quicksave every 2 minutes" monster that I am now.

FO4? IT.JUST.RUNS.

Please don't break my game with your patch, Bethesda. PLEEEAASE.

(In fact, I may just not update it until I've at least finished it once.)

I believe they finally figured it out with Skyrim after release and that just carried over. Now I'm as standard as you can be. Win7, Intel, Nvidia, No Overclock, No SLI. But as you say it just runs, which is really no surprise to me. It should.

Now I do agree with some on their UI - K/M, their dolts with some of that, but luckily can still over come it... barely.

18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 19, 2015, 19:31 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 18:07:
Here we go again with the total lack of foresight regarding the Steam hardware offerings. If you already game on PC and know how to build an HTPC... guess what... you're not the target demographic! Stop trying to figure out how it fits into your life, it doesn't.

Did anyone actually expect that the first release of this new OS was going to outperform Windows? FalconNW and OriginPC suck ass, it doesn't surprise me at all that they didn't understand what they were getting into. The OS is simply not ready for primetime yet, but the only people pretending it is are the same people trying to sell the hardware before it's ready.

SteamOS will win over console losers NEXT generation, when PS5/XBTwo drop and they lack backward compatibility again. How many more of those shit consoles are people going to buy when SteamOS will be fully fleshed out by then, serving up 25 years worth of PC gaming?

In the meantime, the performance issues on SteamOS will be worked on and fixed... more games will be released... more people will hear about it and it will be perfectly positioned to strike at the next generation of consoles. If you thought they were releasing this to compete with the XBOne or PS4... you've completely misread the situation.

P.S. The Steam controller is fucking great, and most of the negative reviews of it I have read are from people who are literally using it wrong or simply not putting any time into configuring it properly. It requires hours of configuration and adjustment and then TONS of practice playing with. It's a completely new interface device that requires some effort on the part of the consumer... god forbid. It doesn't surprise me at all that the reviews are "mixed" because it requires more than 2 brain cells to operate effectively.

Agree with we are the demo for this, so the extra cost isn't the biggy.

We've been told for a long time Linux was smaller, swifter, so poor benches they have to live with that now. If it gets better then re-review. But not good. But then again, we are the demo.

Steam controller, I bet is good. However you stating "it requires hours of config and adjust" isn't a good selling point. Hell I'm the guy that spends the first 30 of many games working on my Nostromo/9 Button Mouse getting it dialed in and I already know I'm way more in to that then most. And if the Steam Controller is that or more... that is an issue, even if it is good. I still think the best K/m solution is a nostromo type off hand device and still a better mouse.

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
6. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 19, 2015, 19:14 HorrorScope

saluk wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 19:01:
Nail in the coffin. You guys will be lucky to get any money from pc gamers again.

Maybe that was the idea. Do so bad on the port that they can justify not bothering with ports anymore.

That's how I'm filing it, if true or not. Loss = none.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 19, 2015, 11:50 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 11:44:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 11:10:
Steam Machines were supposed to protect us in the case MS went full closed garden. If it flops that was a lot of failed time from the moving desks, that could have been HL3 dev time. What is interesting I would be more interested in these machines running windows. These are nice compact machines that avg joe's could use instead of typical pc's. IMO those have a place, specially those who would like to go from console to pc but are a bit behind the curve.

Most of them are available with Windows. The Alienware one is $50 more with Windows. It still seems overpriced to me.

Right we aren't buying them. But I see two real world cases. 1. I want a small unique form factor in my living room. 2 Joe Q Console gamer is getting the message that PC gaming is better for a various list of reasons, wants something simple and looks good to get going. Bam. The markets you are targeting.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 19, 2015, 11:10 HorrorScope

Steam Machines were supposed to protect us in the case MS went full closed garden. If it flops that was a lot of failed time from the moving desks, that could have been HL3 dev time. What is interesting I would be more interested in these machines running windows. These are nice compact machines that avg joe's could use instead of typical pc's. IMO those have a place, specially those who would like to go from console to pc but are a bit behind the curve.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released Nov 19, 2015, 11:07 HorrorScope

Kxmode, a big factor for me getting a game has to do with the Steam score, but as you allude to first day negs can weigh a game down forever. What we need for steam is a way per game to put in a date range and give us the score from that. This way I can cut out some initial release dates/reviews after a patch addresses those main concerns, then get a solid score.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 18, 2015, 22:51 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 14:20:
The thing is, the CIA and NSA don't care about capturing usable intel. They just want the ability to easily read their ex's emails.

It's funny how that happens, those that say we are paranoid are in fact the most paranoid. Face it your wife (To NSA) is fucking a dude with a giant cock and loving every inch. She thinks you are small and unsatisfying but good at supplying her food and shelter.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 18, 2015, 20:12 HorrorScope

Be interested in those benches.  

5611 Comments. 281 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo