Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3745 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailers
14. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailers Sep 19, 2014, 20:41 HorrorScope

Looks promising to me. Good to see that the publishers can at least see how taking a huge franchise and making it more terror then run and gun has an audience.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
18. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 11:52 HorrorScope

Found some 1080P benches, avg around an 18% increase from 770 to 970.

Yeah, I'm probably not buying an upgrade at this time. Seems like the next big HW drop is when/if and if good VR drops on us and it being 1440+, probably pair the VR device and GPU up then.

What I'm toying with is the new NVidia Shield and streaming to it for late night bed gaming pleasure. I really have dug playing BGEE on my android with BT mouse when I'm not on my PC. Perhaps moving up to a Shield with native Android and Streaming PC, I'll have a pretty cool "new thing". For example... Wasteland 2.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2014, 11:59.

14. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 11:23 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 11:00:
Anyone know if the GTX 770 is actually any better then the new GTX 970 card? I've looked over the stats, and yes the 970 does have a little better specs compared to the GTX 770. so, im wondering which card is actually better.

One other thing I did notice. does the newer cards handle power better?

The 770 has two 8 pronged plugs where the new 970 has gone back to the two 6 pronged plugs. so is this new card now more efficient with power?

See post 9. I was not seeing on benches I looked at, twice that of a 770 as another have mentioned here and linked to one of the places I took into consideration. I'm showing more like a 25% increase, that said, all these new benches are with ultra high rez's and we need to see perhaps what is the difference with that over 90% of us have as display rez.

9. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 10:22 HorrorScope

770 vs 970, seeing about a 24% increase on average with a load temp about 15% cooler and wattage nearly the same, slightly more on the 770. For $330 that's pretty good.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $53M
31. Re: Star Citizen Passes $53M Sep 18, 2014, 10:31 HorrorScope

The next really big news will be when they announce they are changing game engine.  

News Comments > Bejeweled 3 Free on Origin
14. Re: Bejeweled 3 Free on Origin Sep 17, 2014, 21:17 HorrorScope

How do they do it?  

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for Windows in November
38. Re: Xbox One Controller for Windows in November Sep 17, 2014, 20:42 HorrorScope

$60, now there is something priced too high.  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway
16. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway Sep 17, 2014, 20:41 HorrorScope

The original Dungeon Master retailed for $40, this is a steal.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2014, 20:17 HorrorScope

Good NSA report would be how many employees internally "raise concerns" per year?  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 14, 2014, 20:15 HorrorScope

Here is what should happen:

HBO/ESPN/Disney - $10 each/mo, full catalog 24/7.

Show/Max/Starz - $8 same...

Locals - $5 each, full back catalog.

FX, Life, TLC, USA etc, all those $5 per, full catalog.

That would make something better than today, the price would be less than cable and give full catalogs, not totally commercial free.

It would probably cost me around $70/mo, vs $110 today, but full catalog vs scheduled TV, would be the tits.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2014, 19:03 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 15:29:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 11:55:
My point... Steam Rankings doesn't tell you near enough. Movie Analogy: Is this a week with a 100 million dollar blockbuster or is it an off week where no movies gross 10 mil? I think we have a lot of the later on Steam over the 52 weeks per year.

But somehow that then still adds up to 1.5 billion dollars in revenue (for Valve, which is 30% of the price, so ~ 5 billion in total sales?)

I'm not buying it.

For Valve, they have over 1000 games that are all on sale 24/7, there is a good # of pc games selling in all. Just stating just because you are at the top you aren't necessarily selling 100's of thousands each week. I would have thought Skyrim closer to 10 million on pc, no link will get close to that number. Diablo 3 much larger. doesn't feel that way though.

And to the other about the 80%-90% Steam, I simply mis-quoted that, I was trying to take Swen's update from memory. 90%.

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
37. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2014, 15:43 HorrorScope

Rigs wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 14:40:
I love when people start acting like advisers when they've never even played the damn game in question. You've never played it, you don't know it's user base or it's mod community, but you're absolutely sure of what MS's plans for it are because...why? Oh, right, because you play games.

(snip)

Mojang I know. Minecraft I know. I've been playing MC since the 'Infdev' days. I know it's modding community. I have 48 mods loaded at any one time while playing. I know what I'm talking about and I know that this acquisition has the community scared shitless! WE DON'T WANT THIS! Like you armchair advisers, MS won't know the community, what's best for it, what it wants. We want the Modding API. MS's acquisition will KILL that.

Started like a rant to the gang here who see's a fuck up most likely coming, telling us "we are just gamers we don't know shit".

Then ends up pretty much what the cynical mob states here if we play the game or not. Call it seeing trends, been around the block, not being born just last night. No matter how you slice it, it still comes up MS.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2014, 15:40 HorrorScope

NewMaxx wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 14:55:
Just for the record, Microsoft is buying Mojang, not Minecraft. Notch wouldn't sell if he had to give up any significant amount of creative control. The idea that MS would swoop in and destroy the community or the modding is hilarious.

But buying Majong is buying Minecraft, no?

Notch has 2.5 billion reasons to run away from everything.

MS can fuck it up, doesn't mean they will, but they're sort of experts in doing it.

15. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 11:57 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 11:46:
On what planet would it make any sense for them to spend $2.5billion and then completely alienate the entire playerbase for their game?

There are two correct answers: Planet Microsoft or Planet Electronic Arts.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2014, 11:55 HorrorScope

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 10:56:
Do you think it would be impossible to graph Skyrim on a bell curve since it's always rocketing to the top whenever it damn well pleases?

Skyrim curve.

Being at the top of the Steam charts doesn't mean it really is selling hand over fist and thus everything below even less and could be a large drop off from 1 to 2 depending on if there is a new release at the top.

Recall when D:OS was on top week after week, all that added up to a little of 500K in sales, not bad, but it's also not omg either. They've also mentioned 80% of sales was from steam, you can do the math.

As much as Skyrim has been on the list over the years, PC Sales of Skyrim should be around 3 million by now. There are over 50 million steam users, so there is plenty room for growth and there. Other PC games that have totally dwarfed Skyrim on the PC, a few from Indy's.

My point... Steam Rankings doesn't tell you near enough. Movie Analogy: Is this a week with a 100 million dollar blockbuster or is it an off week where no movies gross 10 mil? I think we have a lot of the later on Steam over the 52 weeks per year.

8. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 11:20 HorrorScope

Sho wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 11:13:
As an outsider to Minecraft, I find this interesting to watch. How Microsoft goes about this will say a lot about where the company is headed and what sort of people make the calls now.

IMO there is nothing interesting to watch, MS has a totally proven record of how these things play out. Is there a chance for it to be different, yes, but pretty slim.

As for PC support, Minecraft 1 is what it is, there is no changing that, it's about what's next.

Obviously they think this is the next Lego's, if they can get people to go to the movies for Minecraft like Lego gets for movies, then there is room to make this pay off long term. To me though it isn't set in stone, this isn't that type of brand yet.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2014, 18:03 HorrorScope

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 17:57:
Just like with the financial crisis, the assholes making the decisions are always protected from any actual accountability.

Timely

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
9. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 13, 2014, 15:00 HorrorScope

Fantaz wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 14:36:
Xbox One games are X86 so they should just be porting them to PC easily instead of doing this streaming thing, unless they want to stream to tablets running Windows RT or something.

They must still be hung up big time on piracy.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 13, 2014, 14:51 HorrorScope

I'm sort of surprised there hasn't been more talks about it. It's like were on track to wherever tech leads us with nowhere near the thought process required, as if it is inevitable, which perhaps it is.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2014, 15:05.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
56. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 13, 2014, 10:45 HorrorScope

SlimRam wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 22:36:
I have currently 145 hours into this (seriously). I had finally earned enough to buy the GRAND DADDY super huge DELUXE Lakon Type 9 freighter! She was a BEAUT! 440 cargo capacity, shields of the GODS, the abilty to easily jump entirely across the known galaxy on a tank of gas. 3 MILLION credits to own.

I flew one mission with it and began exiting a station for a second run with my big, beautiful shiny new ship

Then I clipped the side of one of the long pylons that sticks out of the sides of some of the different stations you don't usually see and in one single flash of light and poop.

My ship was gone.

I think I died a little on the inside when I realized that I had used all of my money to buy the ship and the cargo I was currently hauling.

I didn't have enough money for the insurance to buy my ship back...

So, I saddled up in my free Sidewinder and...quietly...I headed back out into the black with my heavy heart.

To do it all over again. YES I love this game that much

Sounds like spaces version of taking one to the knee.

3745 Comments. 188 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo