Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3376 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Director Forms New Studio
1. Re: PAYDAY 2 Director Forms New Studio Jul 14, 2014, 19:31 HorrorScope

He's making a zombie survival game. buwahahahaha  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 14, 2014, 11:23 HorrorScope

Ridiculous combo in that survey, people with landlines drink and smoke less. As if Landlines or Cell Phones have anything to do with it. It's more older people vs younger people, younger people tend to drink and smoke more, news at 11.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 12, 2014, 18:45 HorrorScope

I don't mind X Box fans, I just don't like the bone.

Bungie pussy footed around. They were paid by Sony to have a year long exclusive, it has nothing to do with hate, just business. That said, I hope Boner's stand up to this shit and don't buy it, hope Sony paid a lot to make up for it. Since they fucked the PC users again...

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
39. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 12, 2014, 18:38 HorrorScope

If you play all combat in tactical mode, your life may end before you finish the game.

One thing I don't like is the end of this movie. You are in a fight, you play it out, win and then in a cutscene they take your Ranger kill her or take her hostage doesn't matter how you play, the game just gives you a big finger.

Also love games where you can heal, rez at will and then a cutscene comes along, a person takes a blow that kills them and I can't do anything about it. First I've seen them take worst all the time in battle, second I can heal or rez any other time dying or dead players. But they die this way and all of a sudden I have amnesia and can't do fuck to save them.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 11, 2014, 13:20 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 10:51:
Isnt the definition of a whistleblower someone who comes forward out of a moral obligation to reveal some secret to the general public?

As far as I can see from this case, no one has really come forward and the information about the new NSA security measuers seems to stem from the German security services, so Id say this isnt so much a whistleblower, more like double agent

Right, they are describing a leak.

The Whistleblowers are all dead.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 13:18 HorrorScope

Even if they are right... the bottom line is the HW isn't up to Next Gen levels to what we've grown accustomed to. PS4 probably the same argument can be made, just not as strongly.

You sauce is weak MS.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
32. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 10, 2014, 21:40 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 15:23:
Exactly. Unlike Skyrim it won't be moddable so what good is it?

Well if Skyrim could do some basics better it wouldn't have to be modded as much. Now DA was moddable, it has party members better than a companion mod in Skryrim. I have to assume the UI is better than skyrim, good chance even after mods. It can do pause base, I don't think there is a skyrim mod for that. You can program your companions intricately (assuming that is still in the game from 1 and 2), Skyrim mods have nothing here.

Battle system looks more in depth.

There are many things that could be better here with or without skyrim mods.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 8, 2014, 20:42 HorrorScope

This was mentioned a year ago it was coming. The next articles then were if you can have robots in China, robots are just as cheap in America as they are in China, you can save $$$ now not shipping product half way around the world. The bottom line is when robots make a strong push in this manner, many companies will start coming back to America to save on shipping. So you may want to get into robotics.

Another article then came out Google forsee's a war for jobs between human and robots happening and hopes humans win. But then following Google's plans, purchases and comments, they are at the forefront of getting robotics to work.

I'm all ok with this if they then take care of all those people out of work, who can't get work because robots are doing the job. Do we just relax and get provisions sent our way? Or is this when some NWO directives kick in where it is rumored they see/want a 500 million planet population?

I know the ending here is conspiracy theory stuff, but if/when robots make a huge push into taking over jobs, what are we going to do with everyone?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 8, 2014, 20:32 HorrorScope

$75 of credit.  

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Multiboxing
17. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Multiboxing Jul 8, 2014, 20:16 HorrorScope

I never really cared for the multi-boxing idea, seemed like a shady cheat of sorts.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 7, 2014, 11:20 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 03:43:
Axis wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 21:44:
Looks like Cutter got to the part where he actually needs to think about encounters. This, assuming he actually thought about his character builds. And since he didn't go lonewolf, this also assumes he has enlisted the two henchmen which makes encounters pretty easy.

Bit too much thinking for him, looks like he's screwed. We'll hear nothing but bitching from him from here on out... not that that's unusual.

Thats really unfair Axis. THe game is HARD. HARD as fuck. I hired the two mercs (are they Mercs? We are talking about Jahan and that crazy warrior mage lady right?), solved Jake's murder and proceded to the hideout. Im lvl 3. Cant get past the second undead army (I dont know what else to call it). Three undead archers, undead priest, and 6 undead swordsmen. I reloaded that encounter like 20 times. The fucking undead priest keeps bringing back the guys I strike down. If I go for him, the archers use fire and ice arrows to destroy my party. At this point Im about to reroll my chars so I can POWERGAME because fuck it there is no way to proceed....

Here is the typical user exp so far for D:OS.

Game has no pointers on where to go, all systems are new.

You get your ass handed to you.

You get mad.

You quit or learn at this point.

If you press on, you know to look at mob-level before getting too close. You get better each fight, you get more skills as you level. In a little while you're smearing the game because there are so many killer options on "how do I want to fuck with the AI this time?".

From my exp is was just that, but I wouldn't be so self-centered to think that would be for most. It is from reading many posts from others on what happened to them. It's a very common theme.

Tips: Stay in town and do as much as you can there, under-town to. Then go out the west gate to the light house, from there you'll learn all the ropes well enough and can manage from there.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 6, 2014, 21:53 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 21:44:
Looks like Cutter got to the part where he actually needs to think about encounters. This, assuming he actually thought about his character builds. And since he didn't go lonewolf, this also assumes he has enlisted the two henchmen which makes encounters pretty easy.

Bit too much thinking for him, looks like he's screwed. We'll hear nothing but bitching from him from here on out... not that that's unusual.

He liked it for 15 minutes so that is as good as an endorsement as one can get! He's the "Mikey" of video games.

Axis, as much as I like it, there is no doubt it will still become much better as they polish this up. Even with the delays there was still a rush part about it, but they pretty much had to. What is cool is even as is, it is better than most and for the style of game it is, there isn't even any competition at this time.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
46. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 6, 2014, 14:13 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 12:33:
Haha ya we used to joke in the global chat that e never slept - he was literally always on answering peoples questions - one of the best communicators for Larian (or any company) I've seen in a long while.

Outside of games that is how a lot of upstarts are really making their name with Grade A support, they have realizes the big corps have reduced support to basically "You have to use us, so in that case we really don't need support, because... you have to use us".

So they come in to market and just wipe the floor vs the establishment. LOVE IT!

Support is a great way to build a community and retain customers. It's those at the top only driven by shareholders that mess this shit up.

45. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 6, 2014, 14:10 HorrorScope

WaltC wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 11:20:
They've got this fellow who goes by the handle of "Raze" who is a literal font of help and info for their various games, and in far more forums than just Larian's. They should give the guy a medal, or something, because I can't recall another game company employee providing so much help to people. He's still helping out folks running Divine Divinity in the Gog forums! Wish all game companies would follow Larian's sterling example.

OTOH, there are publishers like Ubisoft whose game devs seem to think they are above helping out the people who play their games--I recently finished M&MX, and you could jump up and down and scream and yell, ask sincere questions, it didn't matter--the M&MX game devs couldn't be bothered with actually taking part in Ubisoft's own M&MX forum!

For sure. Raze I believe started as just a poster, but they liked him so much they hired him for as you say stellar community support. Where the dumb ass corporate world ass-wipes they put someone in there that is nothing more than a monitor and instead of helping they just monitor. STUPID ASS FUCKS! Probably some lawyer said "Well if they say something wrong, we could be sued for all our lucky charms".

While Larian in a way says F-That, lets have awesome support right in the forums, because why the hell not? Who else has been sued over a wrong answer in game support? No one. Ok lets do it.

25. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 17:49 HorrorScope

Optional Nickname! wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 17:26:
GOG reports it as 'coming soon'.

Also, the fact that it is turn based, but the screenshots heavily imply otherwise is curious. Only that it is in the turn-based games category lets you know what type of game it is.

Especially when the first Divine Divinity isn't turn based and you are just as likely not to search GOG for turn-based but instead by the title or other category.

Or the first paragraph in the games description:

About the Game
Gather your party and get ready for a new, back-to-the-roots RPG adventure! Discuss your decisions with companions; fight foes in turn-based combat; explore an open world and interact with everything and everyone you see. Join up with a friend to play online in co-op and make your own adventures with the powerful RPG toolkit.

21. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 16:53 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 16:33:
I'm liking the game but the UI could use some work.

1) There's no hotkey for "Take All."
2) The container window doesn't automatically close when you click the Take All button or walk away.
3) You can sort your inventory using filters but those get reset whenever you close your inventory window, forcing you to redo the filter every time.
4) Crafting requires that you combine things that aren't always in the same item category (like weapons and ingredients), forcing you to use the General window that shows every item in your inventory.
5) You can't resize the inventory window.
6) There's no Auto-Arrange button to rearrange your items when you've removed one.
7) Your companions each have their own individual money and key inventories.
8) When bartering, your offers get reset when you switch between characters.
9) There's no hotkey for switching between ranged and melee weapons, forcing you to use up two slots in your hotbar.
10) You can't adjust the width of your hotbar.

It's weird that none of these issues were addressed during the game's Early Access period. Surely people complained about them?

You only scratched the surface of the UI thread from beta. 1 and 2 actually do exist now. Seems like there should be a lot of quick hitters for them, but there was a point they pretty much said "no more features" so they could release. They programmed right up and through release. We are hoping for a good size UI polish patch soon'ish.

12. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 14:56 HorrorScope

BG. This is not an ARPG.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 5, 2014, 13:51 HorrorScope

Not sure why they are struggling, it's a nuisance and people are using them as peeping toms on top of it.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer
8. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 13:59 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 13:29:
Beelzebud wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 13:16:
Next Gen is a meaningless phrase.
Oh no no no, next gen is a very meaningful phrase my friend.
It means many or all of the things below:

-Day 1 DLC
-Season Pass
-$60 base game
-preorder for "limited edition" (while supplies last)
-low graphical fidelity for the PC port so the "next gen" consoles can run the game at 30fps
-optional mouse and keyboard support
-FOV=55
-quick time (button mashing) action sequences
-press A to start
-always online

I am sure there are plenty more "next-gen" game features in AAA titles these days, but you get the idea.
See Watch Doge from Ubisoft for a recent example of a "next gen" title

A lot of that sounds last gen to.

New gen to me means we'll be using 4 gigs + of memory on our PC. Now if we can tell the difference or not, a whole 'nother question.

News Comments > Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard
16. Re: Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard Jul 3, 2014, 22:55 HorrorScope

ShakaUVM wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 22:11:
"The Blizzard community is ultimately the reason why we come to work every day"

LOL. If this was true, they'd have all quit by now. The Blizzard community is a cesspit.

He meant their money is the reason.

3376 Comments. 169 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo