Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4765 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
39. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 18, 2015, 12:41 HorrorScope

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 17, 2015, 18:05:
Here's a german video that shows many glaring differences from the trailers to release version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIS5WHx4xDk

Throw in youtube crap bitrates... I'd put sweet fx on top of the right. It will look plenty good. The draw distance to me is was stood out the most and it wasn't terribad, just a bit more blurry, could be a setting in the file to adjust that as well. But again with Sweetfx, I'll have it looking better than the old demo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
11. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 12:25 HorrorScope

qsto wrote on May 18, 2015, 10:36:
Anyhow, I fail to understand how new set of drivers could have anything to do with "marketing", please enlighten me.

Well in their own words they push their program of "Game Ready" which can only be found on NVidia products. Selling...

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 17, 2015, 19:41 HorrorScope

Yeah nothing to do with BR, just that the tech can move that type of capacity that quickly... in labs... in 2030.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 May 17, 2015, 19:38 HorrorScope

LittleMe wrote on May 17, 2015, 18:10:
I'm having second thoughts on W3. Here's another. It's not just about graphics, but what else have they butchered? It's screaming 'consolitis' right now and it's not even born yet.

There is next to no way the grass/landscape right next to you will be that smeared and blurry.

33. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 13:34 HorrorScope

Lord Tea wrote on May 17, 2015, 13:31:
The only serious mistake CDPR made was to release this on consoles, I'm glad they didn't make a fucking Gameboy version, otherwise that downgrade would have turned out even worse.

The game keys was a bit of a black eye.

31. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 13:22 HorrorScope

Yeah that was a little thick on the AMD. But like Win10's plan, the O/S, front ends of current gen... these need to now become long term fronts. Meaning, if it goes as it has, we are stuck here for another 7 years.

We need to embrace change and that change is game systems that get enhanced now and remain 100% compatible, but with better innards. Everything else is doing that and at a much larger scale and to even a more casual base. Console gamers can't handle this? Really? It can work AND AND AND it keeps us moving forward timely. PS Sell at a profit like phones, you make money when gamers go out and by the new units, win!. The old units still work, so those that want to wait, can. Many want the better stuff if you'd just give them the opportunity to buy it.

To me that is the next step for consoles to make. How do they see getting big into VR with those mid-range specs, which will soon be unquestionably low-range?

27. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 10:34 HorrorScope

CD Projekt RED is giving back a little of that great cred they built up recently.  

15. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 00:35 HorrorScope

McJammiepants wrote on May 16, 2015, 22:56:
Wow. Thanks for that jacobvandy. Disappointing, but pretty clear.

I remember first seeing that 2013 E3 trailer and going "oh man, the new wave is here...I'm gonna have to build a whole new system upon release." Turns out, I should be just fine with a new gtx980, the same i72600k I've had for 4 years and 24 gb RAM. Unfortunately, the awe I was expecting to experience won't likely be present. I'm sure I'll still enjoy the game, though.

Yeah we get the bigger levels due to new-gen console ram. We get less then optimal gfx thanks to new-gen console. Predictable. I guess be happy with larger levels and I am. If it were still the old consoles, I'd probably pass. So we get another 7 years of this bull?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
10. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 16, 2015, 21:53 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on May 16, 2015, 18:56:
HorrorScope wrote on May 16, 2015, 17:44:
When we canít verify that Windows is properly installed, licensed, and not tampered with, we create a desktop watermark to notify the user. If you ever encounter this watermark on a new machine, I encourage you to return the device immediately to the retailer from whom you purchased it and request a Genuine Windows device. Non-Genuine Windows has a high risk of malware, fraud, public exposure of your personal information, and a higher risk for poor performance or feature malfunctions. Non-Genuine Windows is not supported by Microsoft or a trusted partner.

Why? Or is it just trying to sell fear. Why would a Non-Genuine be more at risk with Malware, exposure and poor performance? Are they drop settings to make that so? Not that I worry, but I just found it strange, you get a watermark, ok, but it's like a Pirate Lite Version of 10, if it really is more susceptible.

It could be compromised before you touch it - the people who cracked Windows or who uploaded it could insert whatever code they want to. This goes for all pirated software but I would think that an operating system is easiest to hide this code from virus scanners with rootkits and access during the OS's installation.

Most of these crackers do it for the prestige but probably not all and I'd worry that my keystrokes were being analysed for credit card info.

(BTW, have you seen the thread addressed to you on the left menu, below the popular threads?)

Got it. That can happen, but then they'll be one's clean to, word will get around.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Specs
43. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 16, 2015, 17:59 HorrorScope

eRe4s3r wrote on May 16, 2015, 14:37:
Yeah, I am pretty sure in a year or so there will be demo stations in stores. Or in smaller tech shops, I am sure they will have a unit to show customers if they ask. Waiting for that before really committing

I'm expecting them to be demo'd the same time they go on sale. I have to see it for myself.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2015, 18:52.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance May 16, 2015, 17:49 HorrorScope

Yep. Freedom and Patriot are becoming words to fear, talk about a massive fall. The bad guys running the show are changing the true definitions of these words. Imo that would make them criminals.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 16, 2015, 17:44 HorrorScope

When we canít verify that Windows is properly installed, licensed, and not tampered with, we create a desktop watermark to notify the user. If you ever encounter this watermark on a new machine, I encourage you to return the device immediately to the retailer from whom you purchased it and request a Genuine Windows device. Non-Genuine Windows has a high risk of malware, fraud, public exposure of your personal information, and a higher risk for poor performance or feature malfunctions. Non-Genuine Windows is not supported by Microsoft or a trusted partner.

Why? Or is it just trying to sell fear. Why would a Non-Genuine be more at risk with Malware, exposure and poor performance? Are they drop settings to make that so? Not that I worry, but I just found it strange, you get a watermark, ok, but it's like a Pirate Lite Version of 10, if it really is more susceptible.

News Comments > Legends of Eisenwald in July; New Trailer
3. Re: Legends of Eisenwald in July; New Trailer May 16, 2015, 17:39 HorrorScope

Huh, a cinematic like this for the type of game it is. Reminds me a little of the Upton Game of War commercials. They are getting more advanced and show just how terrible it looks for not even a second at the end now.

On the TB list, but it's a looong list.

This comment was edited on May 17, 2015, 11:33.

40. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 16, 2015, 11:33 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on May 15, 2015, 23:21:
He's lost any sense of wonder at tech breakthroughs, and from what I'm reading, doesn't understand the difference between 3D and VR.

To me that means you need to walk away and do something else in life for a good while. The excitement of this medium is pushing it forward, if you lost that, you've become old like how many old people are. Their world was better than your new world.

I think the anger in gamers today is the staleness, we've been doing the same things for 20 years now. Still fun, but nowhere near as exciting as it used to be. Once these things are out and it works, it won't be perfected yet, the HW or SW, so we'll be excited each big step forward. If it all fly's, I've never surrendered that, but I'm also not trying to Nostradamus this with doom. You win nothing predicting either way.

If SLI per eye works with next to zero hassle or wait for new drivers on release, I then would be interested in SLI.

39. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 16, 2015, 11:28 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2015, 22:55:
HorrorScope wrote on May 15, 2015, 19:47:
Cutter wrote on May 15, 2015, 19:44:
What a pig. So it's still going to be several years before this even gets close to mainstream with these sorts of specs.

Got an optimal experience, like GTA on today's pc's... no difference. But since you don't like the idea of VR, you will try leaving out favoring info. To me and people like me here, we are expecting a 970 type level for a great experience, zero surprise there.

Are you going to cry when this doesn't become the next big thing?

Like you crying in advance because it might? No I will not cry. And when I look at big thing, I don't look at it like mobile, I'd be happy for it to be a video game only success, pc only needed for me.

With both units coming out, right now I favor Valve being a game company only vs Facebook being a social one. I just know Valve will totally have the right interest of the gamers in mind.

Support will play the deciding factor most likely. If equal, specs.

5. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 15, 2015, 19:47 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2015, 19:44:
What a pig. So it's still going to be several years before this even gets close to mainstream with these sorts of specs.

Got an optimal experience, like GTA on today's pc's... no difference. But since you don't like the idea of VR, you will try leaving out favoring info. To me and people like me here, we are expecting a 970 type level for a great experience, zero surprise there.

3. Re: Oculus Rift Specs May 15, 2015, 19:42 HorrorScope

Yeah thanks, how about your damn products specs?

Got to think NVidia will have it's new line come out right around these devices release. I would think many will be looking at 1070's for VR.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2015, 18:25 HorrorScope

We just jumped the shark at the Horrorscope family. Dogs barks, doorbell rings, ask kid, "got someone coming over?", "yeah Alan". Dogs still barking, kid still just sitting there no inkling to go get friend at the door. "Are you going to go get him?". "Oh, I just texted him to come in". 5 seconds later "Comes in."  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed May 15, 2015, 18:21 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on May 15, 2015, 14:03:
While younger employees may not have a monopoly on those things, they sure do have most of them, and accept a lower salary offer as well. It's hard to criticize employers for preferring younger employees who have everything to prove and haven't become complacent or cynical.

And lower medical costs. It is what it is, its the system we love. Good news... everyone (general) will be old. So we'll all have our day.

Get old, use your experience, become a consultant and make more with less time.

Back to medical costs, I'd like to see gov't health, take it away from companies, it's a large burden for them and they do make decisions based on that. And in a lot of cases it's going up fast for less service.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 15, 2015, 15:44 HorrorScope

NetHead wrote on May 15, 2015, 14:24:
Right now the only "big" game I'm remotely tempted to buy is The Witcher 3, loved the series and had multiple playthroughs, still even so I've yet to buy it, because I've pretty much been forced to learn not to buy "big" high profile games when they're new.

If I do buy the Witcher 3 wile it's new it will be because it's great and because I want to support the developer. I do my damndest not to give money to companies I don't like, if enough people did that we wouldn't be treated like absolute shit.

Same. And with the Witcher, past history shows, lots of post release support with a Directors cut type release as well, with added and rebalance and all that. Plus a little history of buggy releases.

Like you say you want to support the good one's but you also want to be a smart shopper. On the flip side, I buy a lot of $5'ish games, knowing I'd like it but also knowing I may never get to it. But I'm supporting them hopefully and the genre they rep.

Interesting times in how we do things.

4765 Comments. 239 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo