Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5152 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com & Windows 10
26. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 23:22 HorrorScope

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 15:17:
What's lacking from Valve is any statement about Windows 10 support.

Where is their statement about Win 8 support?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to "Hate"
10. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to Jul 29, 2015, 21:06 HorrorScope

Squirmer wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 20:37:
The big publishers are charging $60 per game, upwards of $100 for collector's editions, an extra $30 for "season passes" for content that doesn't exist yet, still more for Day 1 DLC so they can charge more than $60 for the complete game, nickel and diming people for cosmetic shit that nobody needs -- and people are attacking a lonesome indie developer for making games that people are enjoying? Get some perspective for fuck's sake.

No shit.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to "Hate"
9. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to Jul 29, 2015, 21:05 HorrorScope

That is one thing I haven't got caught up on, releases in a year. FWIW there is plenty of games releasing tid-bits known as episodes many times a year. To me a game stands on it's own. Do you like it? Was it worth the $$$? That is all that they buyer has to concern themselves with and the watchers whatever they say means nothing. I never had a problem with madden yearly, new rosters is a big deal and for some that is about all they play so $60 a year for 100's of hours, deal. But people will trash it. Dude had a good simple idea, and he made variations for fans at a reasonable price, good for him and the fans that love it.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2015, 11:05 HorrorScope

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 09:53:
I guess I'll upgrade to 10 and see what happens.

I was going to wait but meh. I can fix whatever breaks.

I'm not telling regular users to update until later though.

Wow you really held out!

I'm waiting for all the feedback, there will be plenty.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 29, 2015, 11:01 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:13:
PunkiBastardo wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:00:
Yeah! In their last "recommitment to PC gaming" news release they forgot to mention only Xbone owners would be able to benefit from it. Good old Microsoft as always...

What would it take from MS to show that they give a crap about PC Gaming? DX12 is, from all early accounts, a massive step forward. Why does everyone ignore that?

Right the O/S they do give us that and it is a big deal. But when they go out of their way to tell us they are doubling down (2x0=0) we expect it means something beyond the O/S as that is a given. I get your point, but their extra oomph doesn't ever seem to line up with pc gamers expectations, rst party games/devices/lose xbone exclusivity. For me I don't care if they do anything at all at this point beyond the O/S, but it is funny when they mention that they have really big plans for PC and it is more XBone features for the PC. Why do people care at all? Because the Xbox division was the day they sort of left us in the cold and they could/should be a major part of pc gaming. That they don't make all that much with the Bone after costs just lets a lot of us over here smirking.

I did find it funny that there were only 4 listed when 6 were promised and #3 & 4 headlines to me are the same thing.
***Site needs a like button, will donate for it.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 28, 2015, 22:16 HorrorScope

JediPunisher wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 22:08:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:47:
Or just buy another phone...

Good luck finding a top tier phone for $329 that doesn't require a 2-year contract.

Right but to the email I was quoting it said good luck getting one, perhaps get one at a premium on ebay, then at that time I suggest then just buy another phone instead.

Also we don't always have to be the tippy top either:
http://www.reviewgist.com/best-cell-phone-under-300

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 28, 2015, 20:34 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 20:17:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:38:
Snowden can't realistically be pardoned, think of the floodgates it could open if he were? He's right in many ways and I'm sure several politico's even agree, but just cannot happen and it wouldn't happen anywhere.

But Petraeus can get away with it? He did it for a blowjob, and Snowden did because he loved his country, and Snowden is the one condemned? Shows just who's really running America and has been for a long time now. If they can murder Kennedy and pardon Nixon everything else is child's play.

Wasn't really trying to compare one vs another, just on Snowden's sitch. Yes we are fully aware many things are fucked up. One is a general on the right side of the fence the other was an IT contractor on the wrong side. Did Pet. release as many docs as Snowden? I'm not up to speed on how much damage Pet let out of the hat.

News Comments > Fallout 4 "Basically Done"
49. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 20:00 HorrorScope

chickenboo wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:51:
I'm fed up with developers sticking to what works and creating entry upon entry within each series. Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim; C&C Red Alert 3; Assassin's Creed 5 Unity; Fallout 4; Far Cry 4; Wolfenstein TNO (tho I did love The Old Blood); the list goes on. It's just like the rehashing of films from the 90s and 80s, it's not fresh material, it's just remaking the same thing I've already experienced.

The games which have delighted me the most in the last five years have been Faster Than Light, Alien Isolation, Trine 2 (coop, never played Trine 1), and Team Fortress 2. All have been fresh, exciting experiences for me that had me pining for more time to play them when I was out doing things.

Right. But that is the difference corporate games vs indies. I'm totally ok with whatever corp games do because we have indy games. That is where the new ideas are coming from and a fair price. Good times.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2015, 19:56 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 12:49:
Steam was at 1 billion in... 2012, I believe? And they'd been having 30% year over year growth, so if that continues, it's easy to see they'd be right around the 2 billion dollar mark by now. of course, I'm not sure that that 30% sustained itself since there is a lot more competition now.

Even so, Steam is essentially just a money printing press.

Yes they made the right call. Make games or make a game selling client? The saw a need that should have been part of the O/S and put the whole company behind it, took time and a lot of bumps.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 28, 2015, 19:47 HorrorScope

JediPunisher wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 15:01:
Looks to be a great phone for half the price of the competition!
Camera tests show that it beats the iPhone 6 and comes close to the LG G4 and Galaxy S6.

Unfortunately, due to high demand you have to receive an invite to purchase one.
Just add your name to this Reservation List and cross your fingers.
Or, you could always buy one in a few weeks on eBay at a premium price.

Or just buy another phone...

47. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 19:43 HorrorScope

shihonage wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 17:36:
There comes a time when you start seeing these games in Matrix-vision, as spheres and cubes traversing above a checkered grid, with mountains of data rising and falling at the horizon.

The magic is gone, everyone is making games from the same limited templates, using the same abstractions. The walls and limitations of every game are absolutely the same.

I feel that, maybe not that strongly. It is why I hope VR can give us a nice change up. Indies is probably where most innovation is at today.

I don't agree with Walking Simulator.

46. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 19:42 HorrorScope

DangerDog wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 16:42:
It's not done till modders add a PC mouse friendly interface.

That does seem like a nice place to wait for.

45. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 19:41 HorrorScope

Fion wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 14:34:
I'm replaying Fallout 3 and New Vegas during the gaming 'dry season' that is the mid-summer months.

Dry season? At best that means chipping away at an insurmountable back log. Not that playing F3 and NV are a bad choice, using the mod that puts the two together?

My prediction for F4: Pretty awesome.

Seems like many here want this to be the KNOCK BETHESDA DOWN version. So we can build them back up later. I see more of the same, with some nice additions, which is more of the awesome with new additions.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 2015, 19:46.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 28, 2015, 19:38 HorrorScope

Snowden can't realistically be pardoned, think of the floodgates it could open if he were? He's right in many ways and I'm sure several politico's even agree, but just cannot happen and it wouldn't happen anywhere.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 28, 2015, 19:35 HorrorScope

Face it, it's just an evening dance.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 28, 2015, 19:30 HorrorScope

Yes and man they couldn't even deliver on a pack of cards.  

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online Servers Closing
9. Re: Lord of the Rings Online Servers Closing Jul 28, 2015, 17:15 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 15:36:
While I never cared for how they did classes, the world itself is amazing. Still one of the best environments in any MOG. Riding out of the Misty Mountains at sunset into Rivendell was always amazeballs.

I remember back in the day I wanted a love-child of LOTRO and DDO.

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online Servers Closing
8. Re: Lord of the Rings Online Servers Closing Jul 28, 2015, 17:14 HorrorScope

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 13:34:
They're simply consolidating the population to cut costs on empty space. Basically, they're doing what most new MMOs do after a couple months once it boils down to a niche population.

Hope DDO is next, in a game where you want groups, mega-servers are nice. Not that this is that, but less means more in a LFG way.

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming
29. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 27, 2015, 22:40 HorrorScope

ItBurn wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 22:24:
On another note, about the "too much content" argument, I don't think it's a case of too much content. The problem is how the content is presented. In Skyrim for example, there's a ton of content and it's never "too much". The problem with Witcher 3 is that the content is pushed into your face as soon as possible and you clearly know where it is at all times. You quest list becomes massive really fast because of the flashing job boards that you feel obligated to click on. Having these hundreds of quests makes you stressed about completing them, especially since if you wait too long, some quests will no longer give you worthwhile rewards. It's just stressful and unpleasant. You eventually get tired of the game before completing it because you've pretty much done everything.

I guess this is going to be a paragraph in my document :p

Yeah as we play games I assume most of us dream of how things could be better and how fantasy rpg's throw out quests to the point it becomes a mess, story-lines blurred etc. Someone needs a smart way to have it where perhaps a main story line and only one side ever available at once or something down that line, like anything would take some good engineering to make it just right.

One will say just take one, but that is like inventory objects you start taking everything at least for a good while, because you aren't sure how it can be used in the future. Some games mark things now as junk or sell only type objects, that helps.

I believe in too much content for many games, not all. Give me a good 10 hours for $10-20... get in, get out, before mechanics get boring, story gets sloppy, equals happy customer.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jul 27, 2015, 11:49 HorrorScope

Half Life 3 ending.... use your imagination, like any other story ever.  

5152 Comments. 258 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo