Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3875 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2014, 11:12 HorrorScope

Wow! Blue what do you have for us?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
46. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 21, 2014, 11:07 HorrorScope

Wetworks24 wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 16:37:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 11:40:
What is the opposite of ADHD?

Whatever that is, some of these wow players have it. To have the ability to play that game for so long almost exclusively is a trait I do not have. I know a couple.

I'm finding a lot of SP games too long for their own good, repetitive mechanic syndrome drops in, the my ADHD starts buzzin and I'm looking for something else.

Imagine logging in every day and talking to the same 50 people in your guild. You get to know them, hang out and do fun stuff together. There's always new loot to work towards, new raids and events in the world

It's the social aspect that keep a lot of players playing. You don't want to miss raid days because you don't want to let your guild mates down.

Good point. Then I see how it can become bad habit if you feel that pressure, but most I assume it becomes their lifestyle.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
146. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 19:35 HorrorScope

Not sure I've seen a game fall from grace as fast as this.  

38. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 20, 2014, 11:40 HorrorScope

What is the opposite of ADHD?

Whatever that is, some of these wow players have it. To have the ability to play that game for so long almost exclusively is a trait I do not have. I know a couple.

I'm finding a lot of SP games too long for their own good, repetitive mechanic syndrome drops in, the my ADHD starts buzzin and I'm looking for something else.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
105. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 20, 2014, 10:07 HorrorScope

Yeah I'm holding off, game getting a lot of criticism at home forums. The AI Tactics probably being my #1, too much of NPCs standing around not using their skills to often. See how this cleans up, but they can't seem to figure this out when to most of us a proper game is fairly obvious.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2014, 12:30.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 19, 2014, 22:10 HorrorScope

A large +1 to Apple for a change.  

17. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 19, 2014, 21:46 HorrorScope

An interesting number would be how many are paying subs and not playing at all and then for how long.  

101. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 18:46 HorrorScope

Watching DAI mutiplayer, looks a lot like Neverwinter.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 15:23 HorrorScope

Blue wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 09:50:
1badmf wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 09:35:
wow, a clunker that died at 100,000 miles? that's pretty bad in this day and age, even for american cars. i've only ever owned japanese cars, and they've all lasted me at least 100,000 miles before i sold them. my infiniti almost got to 220,000.

I thought I made it clear that the car didn't actually die, but had hit the point where the potential repair cost was impractical. It was a 2003 Accord, and had a theoretical trade in value of $6K, but replacing the transmission would cost over $3K, so it was time to walk.

Right but whatever the case of giving up on it, imo means dead to you. But it all depends on where you live, obviously not hitting 100k on a 2003 means there wasn't a lot of driving going on. It's a 2003 that was still used with regular maintenance, yep happens.

I look at every $1200 in a car means it has to go another year. Less Oil/Brakes/Tires. That is cheap transportation.i

96. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 15:07 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:42:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:21:
Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 12:59:
Sidenote, rebenchmarked with the 970, on Ultra+FT@1080p, now it's 54/44. Wheee

What was it on the 660 again?

35/25. (avg/min)

Good, that's a nice kick.

Back on the scripts, is it possible they are doing something like as you level they give you more access to add scripts? If I recall correctly DA2 did that.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2014, 15:13.

93. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 19, 2014, 14:21 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 12:59:
Sidenote, rebenchmarked with the 970, on Ultra+FT@1080p, now it's 54/44. Wheee

What was it on the 660 again?

Here is what a future buyer has noticed:

1. Still a lot of loading watching a stream and it's slow. Boo.

2. The button to search, yah not a fan, should be a stat and stuff automatically pops up. I assume they think this makes it actiony.

3. About tactics, if it isn't great, I have plenty of other games that are now. If it is more a great action RPG, fine with that.

4. The Party AI, yes if they gutted that, that is probably the biggest disappointment then. I used the crap out of it and you could really add to your party and leave out a lot of micro-managing and get a job well done. This goes all the way back for Bioware, gutting it would be a big disappointment. The only good I can say is no one else had anything like it, so it's no worse than the rest.

5. Controls. If most issues are rebinds, well I do that with every game and if Mouse 4 and 5 aren't recognized, I'll go into the mouse software and bind those to be something else DA:I can work with. IMO we should all have that capability. However is does seem a little beyond just that. Keeping eye on.

1 and 4 seem to be the hurters for me.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
68. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 14:04 HorrorScope

My bottom line is if you don't want to put it on the PC, don't. That is your decision. There are others that will kindly come in and fill the need. If this is to say "see pc users suck", then just keep your games and go away.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2014, 12:31 HorrorScope

2 votes? Well played. Looks like were sort of serious, but still all green lighted.  

61. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 12:14 HorrorScope

IAMLIT_REFLEX wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 12:05:
The reality is if you use ANYTHING but Firefox you are leaving the door to malicious scripts WIDE OPEN guys.

ONLY the use of NoScript! will give you GOOD protection from malicious scripting AND OTHER methods of attack.

There IS a NoScript! wanna-be for Chrome but I investigated it and concluded that I simply could not settle for such an inferior product.

I highly recommend that you all switch to the 64 bit version of the only optimized build of Firefox on Windows. It's called Pale Moon and it's all the work of ONE SINGLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly you gotta be crazy to do anything else....

And please tell me you use ESET anti-virus instead of some shitty old free AV...

Spoiler: if you think it's safe to pirate binary data (games, applications and potentially e-books... anything that can be infected with malware IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) you're in for a rude awakening.....

That is my bottom line to. Firefox has the best addons and that for home use anyways makes all the difference. Not saying it is impossible, but I get zero virus/malware ever, getting zero malware ever imo is an impressive feat. I also credit win 7 some as well.

It is laughable what IE doesn't have for addon's.

As for speed, if FF is even considered slow, which I don't know that. It is plenty snappy for this user. I am not struggling with browser speed using Firefox and its variants.

All that said, using NoScript I have zero problem with. But man showing anyone else that isn't as techy, they hate having to remember to "OK a safe site" once. I tried, but they just won't do it and think Chrome vanilla is better because they don't have such blocks. But they refuse to put the whole picture together, that in time I have to go back and clean shit up on their slow system. Right, the world is a little better living in the now with zero protections, but it sure sucks when it all comes to a halt. Personally I couldn't ask for anything more than FF with it's addons for protection and UI modifications. And all this carries right on over into the mobile world, another win.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2014, 12:33.

54. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 11:21 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 06:17:
jomisab wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 21:36:
LOL at all the pirating losers out there...

Thanks to pirating I didn't waste 45 dollars of HARD-SWEATY-HOURS-OF-GODDAMN-WORK earned money. It's not as black and white as most of you moralknights out here think it is, matter of fact. This game is getting 4,5s out of 5s; 9s out of 10s! The media is painting the picture that FC4 is the best fucking thing that has happened in a long time!

It's easy and I haven't been stuck with any of their POS's. We know not to use the industries scores. How much more "Fool me twices" does one need? They've been caught over and over, publisher/reviewer shenanigans. So what do you do instead? You grow some patient balls, take it in for a bit from gamers playing. If you do that you aren't 100% covered, but darn close.

But a pirate has no patience or money, so to be legit, if it sucks it proves piracy was right. But I get the same thing waiting a bit and reading up and not pirating at all. I think you are wrong for pirating and I think companies are wrong for taking too many precautions for pirating.

As for someone banning UBI from their existence, good on you, your choice, I don't care. For me I take every single release on it's own merits. But I wait to know what I'm getting into. Right now it's a total wait on AC5. That is completely apparent. FC4 I don't need another shooter, but if I were in the market, I'd be reading up and not falling victim to "Got to get it now" hype.

59. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 20:59 HorrorScope

Bundy wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 16:06:
Bad news, Creston. Leliana is NOT a romance option. Just read it. Thought you might want to know... I feel like I need to go get drunk now.

Well if you can follow her up a ladder, good enough for me.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
51. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 11:57 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 11:54:
Verno wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 11:36:
Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 11:32:
Okay, I'm going to upgrade my graphics card for DA:I, because I want to see it at its most gorgeous.

Anyone have any experience playing this with Mantle? Is it worth getting a Radeon card, or should I just go with a 970?

Also, apologies for the 287 posts in a row.

Go with a 970 man, price to performance it can't be beat at the moment. I got the MSI but I hear good things about the Asus card as well.

Thanks bud.

Yep 970, I go AMD when they without question beat Nvidia/Intel, otherwise I'm in a better compatible world with their stuff. IMO.

That said, anyone talking about being cpu limited vs vc?

44. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 11:10 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 01:40:
best ever ladder-climbing animation.

Thanks for the tip on who to take!

21. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 17, 2014, 23:53 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 23:42:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 23:33:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 23:05:
Load speeds 6/10.

How often do you need to load?

Cutscenes, zone transitions etc. Once you're in a zone, it never loads (at least not that you notice.)

But when it loads, it apparently does take awhile. (Then again, DA:O was the same way. God that game took forever to load sometimes...)

That was the single biggest adv DA2 had over DAO.

But let me refine my question, we aren't loading no where near as much as the first two games, right? These are big ass areas??

18. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 17, 2014, 23:33 HorrorScope

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 23:05:
Load speeds 6/10.

How often do you need to load?

3875 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo