Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4679 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
23. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 30, 2015, 11:15 HorrorScope

sdgundamx wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 02:54:
I never understood people who think it's not good enough to bash something they don't like, they have to bash the people who like it too.

Game was fun and most games have a child's intellect these days, news flash I know. Want to make it harder, kill yourself 25 times at the start so the generals rank up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Game Bans
16. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 11:14 HorrorScope

Starting to see Blues News Posters don't like change and slippery slope everything even if it is bad for business.

It's not like there could be no benefit to us. If you play online games and don't cheat, you probably like it when they are taken out of your game. Just a guess.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 30, 2015, 10:25 HorrorScope

Right. The back-door becomes the front-door.  

News Comments > Steam Game Bans
11. Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 10:21 HorrorScope

In many games devs have had the opportunity to ban.

They weren't immune to a backlash then and won't be now. So nothing really has changed there.

And those that get ban, they wouldn't lie.

So it will be the same, dev will think is it all worth it? Maybe, maybe not.

News Comments > Hatred in June
41. Re: Hatred in June Apr 29, 2015, 22:50 HorrorScope

Stormsinger wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 22:35:
let's not try to paint this piece of shit as something noble or righteous...i

LOL if any of it reads like that, is just shows how reading and writing has a fair fail rate in trying to portray a point.

39. Re: Hatred in June Apr 29, 2015, 21:09 HorrorScope

AirWreck wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 20:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 19:50:

There's a movie where a ladies cunt has teeth and goes around biting off dicks for Christ's sakes.

Vagina Dentata!

Yep. The movie was amply named TEETH!!!! A Sundance award winner, to. lol

37. Re: Hatred in June Apr 29, 2015, 19:53 HorrorScope

Rattlehead wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 18:15:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 18:08:
Right, mindless violence is fun. Some sick people in this thread.
Get off your high horse. Do you know how much mindless violence is out there? Just turn on the TV, go to a movie, read a comic book. They are just as bad.

The Televangelists tell us it is all coming to an end soon. What kind of sick bastard sells God to people with the destruction of everything and then asks for money at the same time? Then when it doesn't happen, just picks another Soon(tm) date. They must be Fox viewers.

And this is for real, not fiction and a man of God!!!

36. Re: Hatred in June Apr 29, 2015, 19:50 HorrorScope

SimplyMonk wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 18:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 10:00:
Not all that much different from that leading video game.

You know... When I watched the first trailer of Hatred a couple of months ago, I cringed and felt sick to my stomach a few times.

Then I watched all the MKX Fatalities back-to-back on YouTube. Now Hatred doesn't bother me so much purely in terms of gore and execution.

Yay! Desensitized!

Yah, there has been over the top pixel killing for a long time now. If there is a line and you are adamant about it (not speaking to you Monk), then you are Jack Thompson, you just have a different level bar, but a bar none the less. As someone said which is spot on, you simply don't buy things you don't like.

There's a movie where a ladies cunt has teeth and goes around biting off dicks for Christ's sakes.

8. Re: Hatred in June Apr 29, 2015, 11:22 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 10:31:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 10:00:

If you can't discern the differences you need professional help.

Can't. Going down the street and beating/killing a civilian with a ball bat for no reason is hideous, degree's no matter.

If it is the narrative that is "the difference" big whoop. Action speaks louder than words.

I say you may need help ultimately since this is fantasy and perhaps you want to consider one fantasy and another more real. Both 100% not real, there cannot be an argument there. Both killing shamelessly without no sane reason... all be it fictitious.

Looks like this particular character freaks people out, which makes it a great character.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans
32. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 11:14 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 11:00:
The 'cheat" isn't increasing your FOV HorrorScope, it's "decreasing" your FOV. Effectively giving every weapon the ability to zoom in with no accuracy loss. Their accuracy drop off isn't well done either, and you can snipe people (even with pistols) from really far away as the first bullet kind of goes on the crosshair every time.

Ahh...

28. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 10:49 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 10:20:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 29, 2015, 09:58:
Assume their system just notices modified files and raises a flag. A FoV tweak on a game with a 3rd person view seems a bit funny. 3rd person will always see more than a modified FoV in first.

The game has a useless 1st person mode which is made useful and fun with a FOV mod. It's not cheating. It's fixing something that's broken.

Just to make sure I was clear, re-reading not certain. I find funny that someone would consider a FoV tweak to improve first person a cheat, when the game has 3rd person cameras. No matter how much more viewing angle you get in First Person, it still wouldn't match the total view of 3rd.

So hopefully it isn't a ban over that specific line of thinking and just general file integrity isn't matching for what ever reason.

3. Re: Hatred in June Apr 29, 2015, 10:00 HorrorScope

21. Re: Grand Theft Auto V FOV Mod Bans Apr 29, 2015, 09:58 HorrorScope

Assume their system just notices modified files and raises a flag. A FoV tweak on a game with a 3rd person view seems a bit funny. 3rd person will always see more than a modified FoV in first.  

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
129. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 28, 2015, 19:23 HorrorScope

Krovven wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 18:54:
Paid mods have been removed, despite your sad defense of them. The overwhelmingly popular vote was against them, at least in the manner they were implemented. Time to move on.

Right people want free, get that. But there is possibly a whole new world of moddable games and people that would mod if there was a fair little market in it. That perhaps is a world will never know, to know for sure.

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
92. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 15:40 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 15:03:
Drayth wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 13:10:
They were going to leave the free one up. The new one was to have only new functions added (I think it was just mod menu stuff, mainly something to do with crafting), no changes or improvements over the existing functions of the free one.

I'd have been fine with that.

I'd also be fine if the SkyUI guys make a mod for the next Beth game (FO4;ES6 whatever) and charge for it from the get-go. SkyUI is definitely worth 5 or 10 bucks to me.

But it really needs to be from the get-go, not get switched over after four years.

A fiver. Maybe some type of kickstarter where they pitch the mod, you contribute if you want, but there is no payout until release. I dunno, I do know mid-stream change like this is a asking for it. Good news for me I'm fine either way, too many games too little time already.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 28, 2015, 15:35 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 12:42:
Turns out there's a few side-levels, sorta, that load, but other than that, everything is seamless.

That's awesome.

Yep always adds to the game. I'll throw the consoles a bone on this one, we get this because of 8 gigs o ram on the new consoles.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer
17. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 12:49 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 11:04:
Fuck yeeeessss!

I practically squealed with glee when he flew that jet into the oil refinery. That looked so.effing.awesome.

I hear if you do that, the games sends a web service call to the NSA and you are put on a list.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Apr 28, 2015, 11:42 HorrorScope

gilly775 wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 09:26:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 19:30:
Yep. LOL on the Blackguards, you can buy the whole franchise cheaper than you can buy version 2. Love Steam Sales logic from time to time.

Even better? If you own the first one and the addon, you cannot gift it. lol

Yep. Question: If I buy the whole thing as a gift, can I gift say BG2 back to myself and the rest elsewhere?

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions
29. Re: Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions Apr 28, 2015, 11:28 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 02:35:
So what you are saying is that they were aiming for 100 million all along and that there is no way this game would have been made had it just been funded say....through the kickstarter??

Yep, like Oculus as well. It had no chance to actually deliver with just the Kickstarter money, even though they didn't tell you that.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions
28. Re: Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions Apr 28, 2015, 11:26 HorrorScope

Grokk wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 22:26:
For everything they've done so far, I'm really not seeing them getting closer to what I was actually paying for, and that's annoying as hell.

Read the monthly blogs by dept. They are all moving swimmingly forward in those.

4679 Comments. 234 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo