Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4002 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
55. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 12:31 HorrorScope

Jivaro wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 12:13:
Personally, I don't think they really do care about it. I don't think many people do. Our culture is hyper-violent and hyper-sexualized here in the US and thus I just don't see many people getting amped up enough about this kind of thing to actually do anything practical and fair about it. Complaining is much easier and we are really good at it.

Right. I think almost all if not all are the same though, perhaps in different ways. Lets take a Pigme tribe in Africa. They have sex and violence there. Their violence is repressing weaker males while the dominant one's get the girl. That is violence driven by sex, give them technology it would just ramp up the same ways. Were all a bit guilty and most likely placed correctly into the realm.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 17, 2014, 12:15 HorrorScope

Just think of all those off-shore support/server farms for many companies today to save a buck today. What they have access to and what they could do? Poetic justice.  

47. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 12:04 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 11:51:
By gaming fans arguing that it should be censored from Steam or anywhere else is potentially damaging to to gaming because it is opening a MASSIVE can of worms, as well as opening the door for gaming critics to walk right through and assault not just this game, but games that they will undoubtedly view as the same, like Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, and any other violent game you can name.

And that could be Valve's determining factor. You do this to Hatred, you are setting a precedent for other groups to use against you on another 500 games you sell. That is a slippery slope card, sometimes they fit and sometimes they are threatened on us. In this case I could see the situation being used like this. It would give them a precedent and when they show that game has killing and all these other games have a shit load of killing, shouldn't they all have the same fate... your honor?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 17, 2014, 11:38 HorrorScope

There was a major and apparent software error.

Tons of products go to 1 cent.

People jump on it like when they jumped on their FoodStamp card when it had unlimited funds and people passed the info socially. Then filling up carts and when stopped, the indecency to not even put the stuff back. That is bad on those people. Those are your true "the only time you'll see me move is when I can make a fast buck", people.

The problem was so apparent, it was again a mob mentality to take advantage.

In this case and I've seen it first hand visiting customers things like this happen, accidentally sending the order twice for example, the seller contacting the customer to pay for a return or charge for another.

In these cases when they make it public, too many want to protect the consumer like they are delicate flowers. As if they won't survive if this is reversed or charged correctly. Amazon - "They shouldn't ever contact you, you bought it from us", again there are people not fragile flowers, discussion is not out of the question. What they did emailing and explaining is far from something unethical.

You bought non-essential items, if it was an egregious error, it was. The company will pay to send it back, do it. You make mistakes, you don't like it when people jump on your mistakes and take full advantage.

In the end someone will be held responsible, in this case the 3rd party app that auto-reprices, but that is for big meetings and perhaps courts to decide. The companies that were taken advantage of off a obvious mistake some will be looking at bankruptcy, the right thing is to return the product, it is still a huge loss for them paying for shipping, restocking and re-inventorying.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2014, 11:45.

36. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 11:10 HorrorScope

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 10:43:
Yes, saying 'we will not publish this game' is censorship. Obviously it's not a government entity doing the censoring, and in the US, it's not some constitutional violation of freedom of speech. In fact, I'd say the ability to self-censor is an important part of free speech. The thought of some law forcing Valve to publish Hatred would have been repugnant.

The fact that some people think 'free speech' is nothing but a law, and there's no spirit or attitude associated with it that's also important to promote, is sad. Also predictable.

It's along the lines of the people who say "I'm totally in favor of free speech! Except for hate speech. Conveniently most speech I dislike is hate speech. Funny how that works."

Yep.

Metallica "Justice for All" - "You can do it your own way, if it's done just how I say."

Everyone loves when everything goes the way they want it, conservative thinking, where power comes from, force of will. But one mans way is not the way of another, some understand and respect the FACT that people are different. This can never be clean for all, it's either beautiful or a curse, but it is our reality. That is liberalism. One imo is centered around the true reality, the other is around an ideal that isn't obtainable.

Funny that Bible thumpers lean conservative, even though Thee Man talks about all of nature and its perversions are "his children" and "love for all", not just like thinkers of those in power.

It comes down to Tears for Fears - Everyone wants to rule the world. Meaning I want everyone to think and do what I believe in and I can change my mind at any point and everyone goes on cue with it. That is what dreams are made of, Heaven. But you are now well South of that.

28. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 10:27 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:53:
I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing it's an irresponsible and immoral choice. They're putting profit before people, and that's immoral. No one likes censorship but the freedom at any cost argument is asinine and infantile.

Not possible to say he put profit above people, it could be equal. It is very possible he put freedom above profit in this case to. Valve not being publicly traded and from what I understand is a very rich healthy company, I doubt Hatred makes much a profit difference. I think he is seeing perhaps what I am seeing, he wants this medium to have the same freedoms as others.

27. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 10:22 HorrorScope

Desalus wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:58:
I concur with both these sentiments. It's quite bizarre that they pulled 'Seduce Me' from Greenlight, which is a game about enticing NPCs to have sex with your character. Yet they turn around and reinstate a game about killing innocent civilians in extremely graphic and disturbing ways. So the message I get from Gabe is that sex is fucked up and we aren't allowed to virtually partake in it, but virtually putting a gun into a screaming woman's mouth and blowing her brains out is completely fine!!! Confused

Yes this one needs to be addressed. I kid just a little, but I see flying in space place to places meeting up with alien chicks better than selling commodities. If they made it and it was good a lot of people would trade in their commodity trading for Alien rendezvous, if they'd admit it now or not. Perhaps they would even make a realistic game play trailer then.

26. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 10:17 HorrorScope

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:34:
Not that I really care. The only developed nation with a fetish for guns is the US - if this game pushes some loon over the edge and he shoots up a school I couldn't really care less because it doesn't affect me. If Americans want to stop mass shootings they need to restrict guns. Otherwise people have to suffer the consequences.

Right but this is a video game and not a gun. The medium has to have the same privileges as movies/books etc. It already has a double standard and I wonder if that is what Gabe noticed and changed his mind on. As for a loon doing what they do, again they can go off because of many things books, movies, gun, way their brain develped(bingo), family abuse, drugs, bad hair day. Who's ever to say? If we want to clean it all up, then you have to clean it all up. Stopping just Hatred does nothing, so imo you have to let it roll.

For all the non-loons, the bushel of apples, it is pixels, you can decide if you want to play or not. But if you play other violent games, there is little difference, you are killing pixels.

As some said there are many twisted movies and books out there.

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
65. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 16, 2014, 11:28 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 04:22:
I dont see GTA V banned from steam yet? I mean, squeezing titties, bringing strippers home to put a bullet in their vaginas, running around town shooting and burning people and running them over with tanks or punching whores to death to get your money back... THAT'S OK? Of course its OK because its a GAME! Hatred should be handled the same way. But hey, GTA V will make big money and that's where morals get grey! Fucking hypocrites.

This us censorship. Period. The people themselves should decide whether it's worth their money or not. "Steam has the right to--" Blablablabla yes Steam has the right to ban it from its store. But because it basically has the monopoly, it's worth it to get loud when it starts to make decisions for us. You know, like a government dictatorship, since there's only one.

Seen the movie Rampage? I thought it was fun.

Right on. You can do twisted shit in a lot of games and they sell them. It's pixels, what gets me is people know this, but if something seems to start getting too over the top for them, then they start to blur realities, even though nothing has changed at all in that realm. OTHERWISE... a lot of shit out today should be banned. Then we'd have to go to Hollywood and Music and start banning there to.

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
19. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 15, 2014, 22:27 HorrorScope

bigspender wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:04:
mellis wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 20:45:
Shame really that such censorship exists. If they replaced 'people' with 'zombies' - no one would bat an eyelid.

That's because there is a massive different between cold blooded slaughter of innocents for "fun" vs fighting for survival against a monster (that is already dead anyway).

And there you go, maybe they should just make it a zombie game and at least it might get some sales.

There are plenty of games where the so-called bad guys aren't monsters but other people, pixel representation of people. I play so many where I'm the hero, but in the end, end up killing more than the bad guy, sort of like our military does sometimes in the real. So who is the good guy and who is the bad guy? I don't know, but since it is pixels it doesn't matter to me at all, it's fantasy.

That said Valve has every right to sell what they want.

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Dec 15, 2014, 22:07 HorrorScope

They got an American Trucker in the works? I hope it's realistic and I mean realistic at the Truck Stops, that is where the real action is at.  

News Comments > Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App
37. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 22:06 HorrorScope

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:00:
For me, it's getting to the point where gaming is getting less interesting and my need for a Windows partition, let alone a Windows exclusive installation, is rapidly dwindling. For daily use, there are plenty of Linux distros that do everything I need. Libre for office work, VLC is cross platform, as is Amarok (which I have come to prefer over Rhythmbox, Banshee or even the venerable old Winamp). I have Thunderbird, Seamonkey or a host of other email clients, if I wanted to use something other than a web interface.

Almost all of the games I enjoy playing repeatedly are "older" titles, like Silent Hunter IV, Medieval II, Homeworld 1 and 2, and they work beautifully under WINE. Even new titles are suddenly getting Linux ports like Metro 2033 Redux and Borderlands, as well as others.

Provided that momentum continues, I won't even need Windows for gaming.

I just find it hard to justify a Windows OS license purchase in today's world.

We all got our click, I don't see your gaming habit as very common though.

News Comments > Hatred Greenlight Campaign
20. Re: Hatred Greenlight Campaign Dec 15, 2014, 20:53 HorrorScope

Squirmer wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 20:34:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 20:07:
I sort of like the way it looks. It isn't real, keep telling yourself that because it is true. I'm anti-real machine gun/tanks for citizens, but have no problems devastating pixels. Not sure why Steam wouldn't carry it. Do they not understand what they sell isn't real?
Doesn't matter if it's not "real". If someone made a film about a guy who runs around killing Jews because he hates Jews, and the film celebrates his hatred, it would not be picked up by any respectable distributor. But would you say it's totally fine because it's just a film and not real?

Is the game going around killing jews only? What specific group are they targeting in hatred or just everyone?

I will modify my thought though, Valve has the total right to not carry it. But the makers of the game have every right to make it and distribute it however they can. Fair enough.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2014, 20:49 HorrorScope

Whoever it is, certainly is pissed off and hold a mega-grudge.  

News Comments > Hatred Greenlight Campaign
17. Re: Hatred Greenlight Campaign Dec 15, 2014, 20:07 HorrorScope

I sort of like the way it looks. It isn't real, keep telling yourself that because it is true. I'm anti-real machine gun/tanks for citizens, but have no problems devastating pixels. Not sure why Steam wouldn't carry it. Do they not understand what they sell isn't real?  

News Comments > Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App
20. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 11:46 HorrorScope

Wildone wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 11:00:
I remember when there was a new windows ever 3-5 years..now its every 6 months?!? Who the fuck updates so frequently. Im on 7 and quite happy

It's every six months now? I'll wait until 12 then.

Here's my bottom on this, if MS were to fuck something up real bad, I'll just stay on 7, like you, like everyone else. So if they have to do something stupid, it just saves me $$$ and costs them $$$. They can only go so stupid, which isn't totally out of the question... Wow they are going to give us Xbox stuff except for the only thing we'd ever really want from it and we really don't even want that any more and that is the exclusive xbone games which there are so few. Next to no value in that either.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 15, 2014, 10:47 HorrorScope

Or if they never made X-Box they wouldn't have had to absorb such huge losses and wouldn't have to give software away on the PC. Some do every so often, but it isn't some kind of expectation from the gamer base.  

News Comments > Limit Theory Video
5. Re: Limit Theory Video Dec 14, 2014, 14:42 HorrorScope

Those scanners should be for spotting hot alien chicks.

Space Truckin...

News Comments > Path of Exile PvP Update
12. Re: Path of Exile PvP Update Dec 13, 2014, 21:00 HorrorScope

Kosumo wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 18:40:
Path of Exile is a game by gamers for gamers.

Where have I heard that before?

Beats a game by Wall Street Overlords for gamers or else.

News Comments > FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game
26. Re: FreeSpace Miniatures Kickstarter Gauges Interest in PC Game Dec 13, 2014, 13:17 HorrorScope

ViRGE wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 06:18:
For the subject at hand, investing into a miniature game only makes sense if all you want a miniature game; investing in it for any other reason is dumb. Interplay doesn't have the money nor expertise to properly develop a space sim in 2014.

Right. Looks like they just want to get their investment money back on something they can do and that isn't a video game, to use this as a heat check, imo is a ploy.

Reading latest posts... yep a trick.

4002 Comments. 201 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo