Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5609 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
35. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 2, 2015, 12:08 HorrorScope

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 06:00:
That's useless advice if you're gaming at 1600p or 4K, which is substantially more demanding than 1080p. There is no single card that can run games well at 1600p or 4K. Even with my dual-GTX 970 setup I still get framerate drops in games like Crysis 3 and Far Cry 4 - single GPU performance is poor, even with a GTX 980 Ti.

When did Bluesnews become the home of mediocrity? I thought PC gamers demanded the best, not shitty console ports.

PS - I hope DX12 makes multi-GPU support more mainstream, as it is supposed to support non-matched cards by different manufacturers and pool their resources.

First I'm far from against someone wanting SLI and pushing it. But I think a lot of us live in a price/performance world. Performance measures everything and compatibility and ease are part of that. I think we'd all love SLI if SLI worked like two - Voodoo 2's together, everything worked and everything got a boost, no special drivers. Now I understand the tech today that isn't possible. It's more complicated and that there is the word, that word starts deteriorating the performance part of the equation for most.

The higher resolution settings, the higher game settings, a lot of that can be compromised without giving up a ton visual for most. Screenshots are harder to tell the difference with these settings and to me that means it is even more trivial when the game is in motion and I'm focused on the task and not the absolute last details of the gfx.

I take raw FPS over absolute top notch visuals, law of diminishing returns, that said today with flat-screens 60 fps satisfies me. So yes, there is a %'age of PC gamers that go all out, bleeding edge, max everything or bust. But to me that isn't the definition of a pc gamer. Your assumption was more relevant when the bumps were huge visual gains, but it just isn't that anymore, we've moved focus. I want good looks, frames and controls. That is PC gaming to me. The basics are checked, rest gravy. Even med settings at 1080p satisfy the eye candy whore in me almost always.

So yes, I lean for simple and reliable, not saying anyone else has to, but I doubt I'm alone. The last 5 years I focused as much time on wattage, heat and noise, those are very nice to have when you are satisfied with what I mentioned prior. Areas of concerns change.

To me the next big chance of change is the next big thing which we hope is VR. That is different and fresh. Perhaps we will get V1 and it will be good, but we will all know that things will also get better there to and we'll anxiously await for them, like we used to back in the day for better procs and vc's. That once again can push us all forward faster needing the raw power. But then someday that will hit a place where most of us will be satisfied and then we'll go into more refined needs. I think many of us today in a mature product are in more refined areas, but also want headache free operation. Who wouldn't?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 30, 2015, 10:33 HorrorScope

I just want to know how they are going to reason this with dogs? Let alone rgulations, wind and about 100 other things.

This imo is how Amazon plays the media the fool and I love it. They rarely advertise with any station, but the stations talk about drones, which is an advert for Amazon. Free advert and they don't even see it.

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
63. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 28, 2015, 14:11 HorrorScope

deqer wrote on Nov 28, 2015, 13:42:
Don't care what any of you say. That's illegal, and it's illegal in my city too.

Call the cops.

I was listening to a heart felt ThanksG story this AM, it was how a ex-cop and a person he put away for 10 years are now friends. The short of it, the cop was part of a sting operation that was exposed, where his precinct would plant drugs on people (surprise in this case the dude was black) and charge them with possession and put them away. The cop ended up behind bars and came clean with what happened. The framed non-criminal served 4 years until this was settled and forgave the cop and they work together now.

Car Dealer Tycoon used to sell for retail less than it did during a steam sale.

Yes for a lawful good person that wants a steal of a deal this is unacceptable.

57. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 28, 2015, 10:51 HorrorScope

El Pit wrote on Nov 28, 2015, 02:39:
But it's good for us that they raise prices! If you get 50% off $30, it's just $15 off. If they raise the price to $40 - YOU GET A WHOPPING $20 OFF!!! Isn't that just great? See? So after the raise, YOU SAVE EVEN MORE!

That could be true and perhaps the three games mentioned in the writeup, yes those turds did that. But there are many games that have never been this low prior during this ThanksG, that is a fact. Not sure how that one is a problem. But yes lets get bogged down in Auto Dealer Tycoon. Anyone have it and just love it to pieces?

56. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 28, 2015, 10:49 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 23:38:
Sales haven't been as awesome as they used to be for awhile now. The days of games going down to 10 or 5 bucks within a year seem to be mostly behind us.

As for why this is allowed, I'm not sure what rule it breaks, but just vote with your wallet.

Right and it has nothing to do with Steam directly and speaking to the audience in general, every seller is still learning, yes even today how to maximize revenue, I can assure that is what is happening. Steam also has a shit load of data to share back with sellers as they continue to analyze all of this on best practices and trends.

That said, I made a list earlier and that is nothing to sneeze at and reviewing my wish list there is another shit load of deep sales on many other games I have there. When we saw the $5 for games that used to be $60 at one point, those marketing teams were wondering how many people were really out that. If there was 12x the crowd waiting, then it is the same as $60. What they probably found out there was 3x the crowd and it was revenue, but they could have 2x the crowd at $15, which produces even more revenue. And then buying patterns change... if I'm telling someone anything they don't know, I'd have to assume your are a pre-teen then.

Point is, we should be able to understand what is going on without much conversation on it. So what do I do? Converse.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2015, 10:56.

55. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 28, 2015, 10:35 HorrorScope

LittleMe wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 20:20:
Of all the possible ways we are being ripped off, this is among the most insignificant. At least you have a choice in the matter. Exercise your freedom to be an informed consumer. That's your responsibility as a human being.

Now please go investigate what international finance industry and other globalist corporations partnered with governments are ripping us all of every day. Then when you find out what's going on, you are justified to be irate. But a fucking steam sale scam gets you fumed? Really?

Yes. Files under "Pick your battles". But then again if one is a kid with a very limited income and steam gaming is all you have, this shit is the world.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2015, 10:54.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2015, 20:11 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 17:33:
EA has a golden opportunity to get more players into SWBF in time for next month and their failure to drop the price is absolute stupidity.

You made these comments in the other thread, I don't see where you think EA will or should drop the price of Star Wars deeply, quickly. If that is right move or not, we'll never know, they'll let it flop before they panic like that imo. Your sort of stating they should do what Evolve should have done and we'll they didn't... quickly.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2015, 10:58.

34. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 20:08 HorrorScope

Overon wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 19:22:
It pains me to see how accepting some of you are to something like this. I'm not saying you need to riot but silence is acceptance and acceptance means you are sheep being lead to the slaughter.

Or perhaps you are overstating this, is that possible? Somehow you are smart and informed enough to know what is going on. Do you not know if something is a deal or scam most of the time? It's not like they won't be giving you the exact product you pay for, whatever that price may be.

32. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 20:06 HorrorScope

I won't say this is noble and perhaps it is a bit shady. But at the same time I know what I'll pay sale or not, these companies are trying to sell and this is part of marketing. I have a b.r.a.i.n. and can see if a deal is a deal and if not then they found a dummy in me.  

News Comments > Black Friday Tech Bits
2. Re: Black Friday Tech Bits Nov 27, 2015, 16:00 HorrorScope

Win 7 freefalling... From 65% market all the way down to 64.2%. Oh noes.  

7. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 15:57 HorrorScope

There are 1000's of games on Steam and these huge names listed are supposed to get me riled up over this? Wreckfest? Dealership fucking Tycoon? Epistory? Snooozeville.  

News Comments > Thanksgiving Safety Dance
11. Re: Thanksgiving Safety Dance Nov 27, 2015, 11:44 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 10:16:
Hmmm, I'm using Win7 Pro and haven't seen any upgrade pop-ups. I did notice recently it's been a while since I've had an automatic update. Did they actually end that for Win7?

Sounds like you might not have automatic updates on. You have to be updated to a certain level before the Win10 stuff starts to happen. Go check... see if there are any updates you need.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Screenshots
11. Re: System Shock Remake Screenshots Nov 26, 2015, 16:56 HorrorScope

Panickd wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 16:52:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 16:00:
Task wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 15:24:
Probably because the first one is a good game. If graphics are the only thing holding someone back from playing this, at least this gives them an introduction to it.

UI and Controls were another reason. SS1 needed this, if done right this will be something.

Somehow I doubt Night Dive Studios has the marketing budget to make this anything other than a one weekend featured game on Steam before it disappears into obscurity. It's destined to be one of those games you stumble across two years after its release and go, "Oh yeah, I was meaning to pick that up." At which point you'll buy it on sale, play it for ten minutes and then move on to the latest flavor of the month and totally forget about it.

Let me add more detail... Will be something for me and those who would care.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Screenshots
6. Re: System Shock Remake Screenshots Nov 26, 2015, 16:00 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 15:24:
Probably because the first one is a good game. If graphics are the only thing holding someone back from playing this, at least this gives them an introduction to it.

UI and Controls were another reason. SS1 needed this, if done right this will be something.

News Comments > Steam Fall Sale
35. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 11:21 HorrorScope

Oh about "Boo hoo bad sale", I'm seeing some best deals I've seen on the following games...

DAI - $15
Witcher 3 - $30
Dying Light - $20
Wolf New Order - $9
Dungeons 2 - $10
Cities - $15
Ark - $18 (Game is still a top seller)
Elite - $15
Mad Max - $30

Wtf is one expecting? And yes this isn't the Winter sale...

32. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 11:00 HorrorScope

Xero wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 21:32:
I wish Dragon Age Inquisition was on Steam. It's on sale for 14.99 which is awesome but I absolutely hate Origin and anything to do with EA.

For hating them and never plan on buying, thanks for letting me know. I was waiting for $20 and got it for $15.

6. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 25, 2015, 20:55 HorrorScope

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 20:46:
How's elite: dangerous shaping up? I keep putting off buying it.

Well that is quite the sale there for that game...

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
29. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 25, 2015, 18:10 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 15:28:
I don't understand the problem here. Consoles have ALWAYS punched above their hardware class, because the specs are a constant and devs can really dig in. PCs are, comparatively, horridly inefficient. They don't code for your exact hardware, they code to the IDEA of hardware (directx).

Everyone wants better graphics, but when a dev says "ok, let's go for it!", people start crying that their 5 year old video card can't run a bleeding edge game.

I've asked this a lot lately...where did the PC gamers that used to be on here go? I see the same names but they all sound like whiny old spinsters. Remember when every YEAR, a graphics card came out that was two to three times as powerful as the one before? Were you buying video cards THEN? Cuz you were upgrading every year. And here you guys are, crying about needing a 3 year old card as a minimum for a brand new game.

1. We will first come to find out it does run well under that spec.

2. Remember when gfx card came out every year 3x more powerful than last? Well, not really. But if they did I'd be buying more video cards. Wished that happened.

3. See 1.

4. This gens's consoles have a lot in common with a pc. Not news here. This game's minimum spec card blows away the consoles vc.

5. See 1.

6. Aren't they using DX on the Bone and something similar enough in the PS4?

7. See 1.

8. If games gave us something really more to have to get more HW and the HW was there, we'd be fine with it. Giving us the same over and over... yeah we'll take the value of using it for years.

9. See 1.

10. Had to have 10 reasons when you get to 9, it really is all about #1. It will run just fine on lower spec'd systems I predict. OR the game will be panned as a terribly optimized game as it won't run well on recommended specs.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
28. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 25, 2015, 18:02 HorrorScope

Yes 670 is a high spec and they best hope it isn't true, it isn't good business for them on the pc. And we know it will run well under that... So why do they want to cost themselves sales? Whatever.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 25, 2015, 17:54 HorrorScope

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 14:12:
JayDeath wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 13:20:
It sounds like that Blair is a real asshole. Holy shit, I would lose my fuckin' mind if my kid brought some bullshit like this down on my family.

Yes, but being an asshole on the internet does not excuse someone ruining a family. Frankly I would have taken a trip to Finland long before now and ended this kid.

I haven't read the whole thing, but I'd start with the FBI and if it went nowhere. Finland I go.

5609 Comments. 281 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo