Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3592 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2014, 12:10 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 11:29:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 10:30:
About the Madden, that was a rule change a while back, if the defender catches the ball in the field of play and falls into the endzone it was a safety, it was bull shit but it was. The play that made them review and change it was Charles Woodson of the Raiders against Seattle INT the ball running with the WR on a deep fly, he caught it around the 3 and their momentum ran them into the endzone where he was touched while on the ground. Result was a safety and millions of Raider fans pissed off as the play cost them a W.

In this case the ref was wrong, forgot the rule and will be reprimanded in NYC offices the following week.

That's the kind of shit that starts happening when you come up with 87 new stupid rules each year. Eventually they become so ludicrous that not even guys who are supposed to know them for their JOBS can keep up with them anymore.

And yeah, the "interception in the end zone is ball at your own 20 yard line, but intercept outside the end zone and fall into the end zone and it's a safety" rule was always complete horseshit. Did they finally change it?

Yes they changed it the season after the Raiders/Seattle game, it got the news and then was reviewed by the comp committee and changed that offseason.

Yes oh yes, the NFL rulebook is terrible, it is everything common law has become, way too much of a bad thing. The college ruleset while it has its own issues but much lesser extent is a better overall rulebook. I once liked Godell, but he is imo terrible and cost the league a billion dollars even speaking concussion in public and then all the other horseshit he oversee's, like stupid ass rules and punishments.

The last one that got me was this:

Ray Rice 2 games for domestic abuse knocking out fiance on film.

While Terrel Pryor was suspended the first 5 games of his NFL career for accepting payment of tatoo's in college. Not ever there own league, he got tatoo's and got 5 games. Rice laid a lady out for just 2. What kind of BS thought process is that?

The current most stupidest rule I'm aware of in the rule book, I say that since it can change and is the size of a encyclopedia...

Miami-Pitt, Monday night. Pitt recieves a punt but the catcher bobbles it, when he bobbles it the defender hits the returner and Miami recovers the ball. Yes, great nice play. But no wait... (Madden when ballistic over this) you cannot hit the returner while he is attempting to catch the ball even if he bobbles it, so in theory you could get a circus performer to return punts. What they do is when the ball comes down never catch it, just continue to bobble it as you get closer and closer to the end zone (no one can touch you) and then secure it for 6 for the score when you made it past the goal. Madden never heard of something so preposterous and just went off demanding "That needs to be fixed NOW!". Sometimes I love the NFL for its sheer stupidity. Then there was an Oakland - Cincy game a couple years ago.... I'll stop now, but that one was also complete horseshit in the same vein as the Woodson Int/Safety.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
12. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 12:04 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 11:41:
Leper wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 11:26:
I liked the first two, but they had their annoyances. Things like the inventory system was cumbersome and the steps required to drink a potion. Also, I didn't really care for the combat in the second one as it felt too realistic or something. These are games after all and the primary gameplay should be fun. The first Witcher's combat was fun even if it was a little odd. I'm sure this will be great for a lot of reasons, but I really hope they worked on these other things.

You are probably the only person in the world who prefers Witcher 1's combat over Witcher 2's combat.

Honestly... I was one as well. Didn't hate 2's however, just preferred 1's and also agree with the UI has always been a bit clunky using potions etc in combat. To me I do everything I can not to ever need to use them because of the disruption, so imo there is a design win to be had there if they could figure that out.

I wonder how well this will run on solid systems (not absolute top of line).

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2014, 11:11 HorrorScope

And remember... "Not every game should be 1080P".

Game consoles sounding like how parents describe kids, "Well Johnny isn't strong here, but he makes up for that there". I guess it isn't the everything machine.

News Comments > Shadow Realms ShakyCam Video
8. Re: Shadow Realms ShakyCam Video Aug 14, 2014, 10:42 HorrorScope

I won't go as far to out right say this is terrible. But as said in the previous post the words the one person at Bioware used to describe it is nothing how I would envision what he said. He has a total different take on what Old School PnP is vs what I have.

If he said it's an action game with its own merits in the vein of Neverwinter, he would have imo described correctly what this video shows.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
17. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 14, 2014, 10:40 HorrorScope

1badmf wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 01:32:
i have this theory that people are born along a psychological spectrum of empathy. people low on the scale are sociopaths. i don't know if there's a term for people who are highly empathetic, but i tend to think i'm one of them. i don't do anything before considering how it affects anyone around me.

I don't think it is a theory. All these brain variations is what makes people what we know them to be... different. That is why I can sympathize with socio's and the like. Not that they shouldn't pay a price for hefty crimes, but there is still a part of me that tells me true that these people are like that not by their design, but by natures design, they pulled the short straw in the womb. But all behaviors many come from body composition. That is why I do slant liberal since this is a law of nature out of everyone's control at this point, I acknowledge that, not ignore it and think everyone should be a borg. One is reality, the other is a personal dream others have of absolute control.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2014, 10:30 HorrorScope

About the Madden, that was a rule change a while back, if the defender catches the ball in the field of play and falls into the endzone it was a safety, it was bull shit but it was. The play that made them review and change it was Charles Woodson of the Raiders against Seattle INT the ball running with the WR on a deep fly, he caught it around the 3 and their momentum ran them into the endzone where he was touched while on the ground. Result was a safety and millions of Raider fans pissed off as the play cost them a W.

In this case the ref was wrong, forgot the rule and will be reprimanded in NYC offices the following week.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2014, 10:11 HorrorScope

And it is Win 7 and not Win 8. They basically know the score but do their best to ignore it.  

News Comments > Obsidian's Pathfinder License
14. Re: Obsidian's Pathfinder License Aug 13, 2014, 22:23 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 20:35:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 19:38:
Axis wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:53:
This is pretty great news, Obsidian will likely do something solid with it since their Pillars of Eternity is looking to be the next gen RPG standards and should stick with the Baldurs Gate formula we all know and love.

Now if Larian can secure the old AD&D license for their next game, I'll be overcome with joy.

The part about Larian and D&D, does that mean we lose things like terrain effects? That to me is a big part of their secret sauce.

It's a huge part I agree, would work amazingly with DnD. Grease, Runes/symbols, Magic Circles, Stink cloud, Sleet, Blade Barrier, antimagic, Obscuring Mist/fog, summon swarm, control water/weather, flaming/invis spheres, wind walls, walls of fire/ice/stone,traps, tentacles, levitate (to avoid ground effects), etc. Really a ton of ways it would be even better than the current system. This doesn't even include the multitude of monster attacks or aoe, webs, breaths, traps, special "divinity" abilities, etc.

I'd imagine there would be less water and oil barrels everywhere, but there wouldn't be a need either if you could sling DnD type of spells in Divinity: Dungeons and Dragons!!

Ok... you sold me. I hope they get it and they use the current engine in general. As good as D:OS is, there still was a lot left at the table in terms of balance etc. This team has never been blessed with cash to release when done. I hope D:OS has afforded them the time to do their next game to finish.

News Comments > BioWare Announces Shadow Realms
44. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 19:49 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 16:45:
Well, EA did say they were thinking about the whole Early Access process, so maybe this is their trial run with it or something.

News from some of the big players this past week, you can see they are now looking at the small indy style development process and methods. So I guess they've been shown up and now want to start dabbling in those realms. So it proves the win indy has been, now will they fuck it up or improve because of this? We shall see.

43. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 19:45 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 16:25:
Verno wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 15:51:
Ok, I take back what I said earlier, that looks absolutely awful. One long awesome button fest.

Wow I have to 2nd that, not at ALL what I was expecting, especially when they threw out words like "roots of PnP", "DnD", "Hallmarks of Bioware" "Deep combat progression" etc.

Yep, Bioware is dead in my book. Last game I truly enjoyed from them was NwN... held out hope for this long, can give up now.

Yeah 3rd, it didn't fit the description. It could still be good, but now knowing the direction they are taking, definitely not my preferred path. I'm still fairly hopeful from DA:I. That said, they all have to prove themselves to me on their own standing, nothing they make at this time will be a day one purchase.

42. Re: BioWare Announces Shadow Realms Aug 13, 2014, 19:43 HorrorScope

Yakubs wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 15:38:
This looks horrible (gameplay):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pUlD0Kd6We8

Reminds me a lot of Neverwinter.

News Comments > Obsidian's Pathfinder License
12. Re: Obsidian's Pathfinder License Aug 13, 2014, 19:38 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:53:
This is pretty great news, Obsidian will likely do something solid with it since their Pillars of Eternity is looking to be the next gen RPG standards and should stick with the Baldurs Gate formula we all know and love.

Now if Larian can secure the old AD&D license for their next game, I'll be overcome with joy.

The part about Larian and D&D, does that mean we lose things like terrain effects? That to me is a big part of their secret sauce.

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced
2. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Game Announced Aug 13, 2014, 18:33 HorrorScope

Overkill the Heavy Metal band?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 12, 2014, 19:24 HorrorScope

Is 44% that impressive of a number from 4 years ago? I would think numbers like 300%+ would be more eye-opening.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Risen 3: Titan Lords
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Risen 3: Titan Lords Aug 12, 2014, 18:27 HorrorScope

Hope it gets good reviews, classes look fun. But I'll be waiting a while no matter, $50... read the room.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 8, 2014, 16:23 HorrorScope

Cevat Yerli: The primary cause was the transformation. We're observing where the industry is going. We knew free-to-play or games as a service - online services in general - will become the future of gaming. We've known this for a while.

We'll see about that, I don't think it's as clear as he makes it.

News Comments > SSI Vets form TSI
3. Re: SSI Vets form TSI Aug 8, 2014, 16:07 HorrorScope

Totally looking forward to seeing what they have planned.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 8, 2014, 13:07 HorrorScope

If it is any good at all, I'll throw the guy some bones after all that strife. And reconfirm what he knows, the PC and it's players rule.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Aug 8, 2014, 12:35 HorrorScope

Yes thanks.

Still wanting Download date and time stamps, not just a time stamp and not lost when exiting and restarting Cleveland Steamer.

News Comments > July Steam Hardware & Software Survey
24. Re: July Steam Hardware & Software Survey Aug 7, 2014, 09:51 HorrorScope

My 2.

In general get a shell app for win 8 and you'll be good for 99% of what you do as you'll come across something older that won't work. Other than that, slightly uglier in the classic shell mode but a smidge better overall than win 7.

Win 7 is simply quicker and more reliable than Vista. Once you tamed Vista it was pretty good, much better than the general audience would state, but Win 7 was still a good notch or two better. Vista running well was better than XP, but in those days XP users would swear they were superior to Vista, not near the end of the Vista cycle they weren't.

If Win7 was XP, many switching to Apple's would have never happened.

3592 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo