Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4574 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
51. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:25 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:52:
Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:47:
Everything the government touches turns to shit and this will be no exception.

Try and be a bit more reactionary why don't you? Infrastructure, labour laws, foof and drug regulation, etc. - while all are far from perfect, they're a damn sight better than none at all. Or maybe you think life was better before all of that? Yes, I'm sure life was much better under the robber barons and other assorte tyrants.

So true. But they try to sell it and with good success. A good 40% at the very very least agree with Zanthar and completely do not realize there are so many things under the gov't that if it were all gone it would be chaos and a whole different world. Believe me you like your position today a lot better than you think you would on the other side. Unless you are the one today in the position of gobbing up the power.

You lose your job, you'll take that Unemployment while you can. Well that can just be gone, you lose your job, ZERO. Better think fast.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:22 HorrorScope

Jivaro wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:11:
To me this whole thing has been an interesting event to experience. The media has done a fabulous job of confusing the general public. The politicians have done a fabulous job of confusing the public. The ISP companies have done a great job of confusing the public. Fuck, even the public has confused the public.

This is a good thing and if it hadn't happened under the current administration it would happen under the next. Nobody seriously thought the Internet wasn't destined to be a utility. Even the ISPs knew it was coming. The only points of real contention was which party was going to get historical credit for doing it and how long could the ISPs stall it so as to keep their margins as high as possible. There might even be some lawsuits to try to stall it a bit longer, nobody with a brain cell believes they will go anywhere.

Jivaro, you think like me. (my apologies if you don't agree) I think we only have gridlock because a lot of the things that Obama has gone after are really big ticket items and the other wants the credit, they are scared of the success it could bring.

This boils all the way down to most city halls. It's about my idea, not yours, I dream of someday being in a much more powerful position and I can't make it there with your ideas, it has to be mine.

44. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:19 HorrorScope

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:12:
Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:03:
It's nice how whenever someone questions anything they are automatically labeled as supporting one extreme or the other. You either worship big government or you worship corporations. There's no in-between. This is why discussions go nowhere.

True. Or if the gov't touches it, it will turn to trash and points to a series of programs that don't work as well as they should however there are hundreds that do and without them I'm not sure what we'd have. Surely not the country/power that is has come to have.

It all falls apart without gov't, it will be gangs and mobs and nothing for the greater good.

Here's an example of the nonsense that ruins discussion. It's either all or nothing. Why does anyone think like this?

The people in a generalized sense that think like this, "gov't screws everything up", is generally a fox viewer, why? Because that is what they sell all day long. They are pro-corporation to the nTH degree. They sell extremes and if you watch them long enough you start to think like them and also think it isn't extreme.

42. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:15 HorrorScope

shihonage wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:18:
This ruling has a trojan horse which allows bureaucrats to censor the Internet. EFF sent a letter to FCC about this "small concern" of general conduct rules, which went on to be ignored.

These rules will be exploited to curtail Internet freedom.

Chairman Mao would call this a step in the right direction.

Now this is possible, but it still shows regulation need, it is companies still trying to finagle every loophole and advantage they can find, not for the greater good, for their good.

41. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:14 HorrorScope

Wildone wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:16:
AHahahah wow all these government lovers..just mind blowing.

If you haven't noticed people in general haven't been too happy with ISP's in America. We pay a lot more than most for many times less. That is called the worst of both worlds. Electricity is regulated, roads are regulated, we have things that work that are. There are reasons why they exist and the heart of it is to protect the consumer the best it can or that those will allow it to.

39. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:12 HorrorScope

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:03:
It's nice how whenever someone questions anything they are automatically labeled as supporting one extreme or the other. You either worship big government or you worship corporations. There's no in-between. This is why discussions go nowhere.

True. Or if the gov't touches it, it will turn to trash and points to a series of programs that don't work as well as they should however there are hundreds that do and without them I'm not sure what we'd have. Surely not the country/power that is has come to have.

It all falls apart without gov't, it will be gangs and mobs and nothing for the greater good.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
36. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 16:33 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 15:41:
I'm a PC gamer who is spending hundreds of hours playing destiny with my friends on my PS4. But... I also use an XIM4 adapter to play destiny with a mouse and keyboard because shooters absolutely SUCK on a game pad.

If I ever go back... you put your stamp of approval on the Xim4? It would be the only way I'd go back... Do you pwn?

35. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 16:27 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 14:27:
ForgedReality wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 14:13:
I built a PC (over the PS4 and XB1) because it's far cheaper in the long run and I preferred the games and the far superior and precise control setup. Being more powerful and able to handle higher resolutions in every single game, as well as being able to play games from all the way back in the 80s is just a bonus.
It depends on your preference really where do you want to game, but I disagree with your cheaper on the long run comment.
It is not cheaper to game on the pc, especially not on long run.
I much prefer my PC for gaming to the console also (except some local coop games that are just better to be played on the console in front of the tv) when you add up you total spending of hardware and software combined after 7 years I don't think you come out cheaper on the PC.

I feel it is cheaper at the very least when one factors in all the other things you are doing on it as well. Consoles are costly upfront, the periphs etc. The games in general imo if you can wait even just a little are quite a bit cheaper on the PC. Now mobile gaming is even cheaper! Lol

Every 3 years a new VC. Every 6 a new MB/proc and ram? You know it would be more expensive if Intel and NVidia would give me more a reason to upgrade faster. I'm up for it, but as it stands now, you can let the HW age some and still have solid results. There are people claiming even older HW holding up well today.

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 13:13 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 11:41:
I don't know I kind of lost faith in Android devs.

I'm not really holding my breath either, just trying to think what could be exciting here, that is all I come up with. As for the shield if it can stream pc games to it and work well, heat, connectivity, battery, durability, I'd be interested in that being my next tablet.

I don't have a problem with playing tablet games TB/Rougelike level on a tablet with BT mouse in living room/bed from time to time.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 26, 2015, 11:31 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 10:23:
Binns said the company still believes the hacked data were restricted to names, dates of birth, member ID/Social Security numbers, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and employment information such as income data.

Oh, was that all? Good. Here I thought they might have stolen something IMPORTANT. Rolleyes

Until the fucking US starts holding these piece of shit corporations liable for every single dollar of damage these breaches cause, this shit is going to continue and continue and continue ad infinitum. Right now they offer bullshit "credit monitoring" and continue to skimp on every fucking dollar they can when it comes to security.

I'm just hoping when I file this year, someone hasn't beat'n me to it.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 11:26 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 10:59:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 10:26:
I wonder how well their gaming tablet the shield is doing.

Financial reports are available all over the net since nVidia is a publicly traded company. Their mobile division including Shield is doing very well and going by preliminary reports of the new Tegra X1, their next Shield will likely be nothing short of amazing.
And, no, I'm not getting paid to say that and I don't have much interest in mobile gaming either but credit where credit is due. The Tegra X1 looks like it's shaping up to be one bad mofo.

Yeah I read enough crack and battery issues on the current to wait to see how the next Shield looks.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 11:24 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 10:46:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 10:34:
Now with this news, to be anything more than a yawn, it has to have some real power, like as good or better than the Bone and 4, if so, that is somewhat interesting.
Mehh even that what developer is going to invest money and resources to develop for a new console these days?
Isn't that what happened to that android console that was supposed to kill the xbox and playstation?
We'll see what Nvidia comes up with but I doubt it will be anything revolutionary ground breaking, that will change the gaming landscapes forevahh!!

Well there are plenty of Android developers, now they can either have their apps run a lot better on this or take their game to another level because of this, like a plus version. I'm not saying easy success or anything like that or even if I want. But for it to be somewhat exciting it is going to need to be by far the most powerful android hw released.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 10:34 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 09:59:
It is odd that you see jabs (friendly or otherwise) towards consoles when I don't recall console folks shitting on the pc folks.

They used to all the time, then they even realized, "while I do like the console platform, I can't really bitch at the PC'ers anymore because they can outclass me". All the arguments, I think the last one was the couch, have been doable now by the PC. PC'ers don't forget, we were supposed to die about 300 times over the past 20 years.

Now with this news, to be anything more than a yawn, it has to have some real power, like as good or better than the Bone and 4, if so, that is somewhat interesting.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2015, 10:40.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 26, 2015, 09:40 HorrorScope

So while I was sleeping I seen game development has been rapidly sped up...

OR Contest:
Pitches are due by April 20, screenshots by April 27, videos by May 4 and the final build is due by May 11 at 9AM PT.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2015, 19:25 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 18:35:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 17:38:
1badmf wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 17:25:
that's what i assumed from yesterday. like i said, miraculous right? i can't imagine how that's even physically possible, especially for the battery. Scope have you opened it up and looked inside the battery compartment?

also: so it wasn't, a dildo, blue? XD

I believe I did a couple years back, I think there was some corrosion in there. But sometimes I go foggy, I sort of don't want to open it now in case of breaking it, I have trust in it now. It really is a neat little talking point to some friends. And just maybe, maybe the sign I asked for!

I wonder if it's directly beneath a power line in the ceiling and the EMF is either charging the battery or the wires within the light. In such a case, moving the light will make it go out.

These are portable, they attach to the ceiling via a sticky magnet on the ceiling, the device itself is a metal shell. It hasn't been on the ceiling for years. I've moved it around the house to various places over the years. But not a bad guess and if I took a pic further out that is an overhang I built to sit a projector on top of. There are two wires in there a Composite and DVI, heavy shielded cable.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2015, 17:38 HorrorScope

1badmf wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 17:25:
that's what i assumed from yesterday. like i said, miraculous right? i can't imagine how that's even physically possible, especially for the battery. Scope have you opened it up and looked inside the battery compartment?

also: so it wasn't, a dildo, blue? XD

I believe I did a couple years back, I think there was some corrosion in there. But sometimes I go foggy, I sort of don't want to open it now in case of breaking it, I have trust in it now. It really is a neat little talking point to some friends. And just maybe, maybe the sign I asked for!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2015, 17:31 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 17:12:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 17:04:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 14:16:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 11:02:
Without any furhter delay... The Everlasting Light

This is where it started, a ceiling light for the Theater:

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv354/HorrorScope67/20150225_074623.jpg

This is it besides it's cousin that just doesn't have the same umph. This light has been on for a number of years now, non-stop, powered by a AA battery which seems everlasting:

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv354/HorrorScope67/20150225_074252_1.jpg

In the second photo, which is the everlasting one? The dim one?

The bright one, the other is another that is off.

Okay, just to be clear: you installed these battery powered lights yourself on the ceiling, have never changed the battery, and it has stayed on that bright this entire time for several years?

Right I put up three of these many years back now, since replaced. The other two did what you would expect, after a while change the battery. Somewhere along the line and it has been 4+ years (could be up to 7) this one has stayed lit forever. At first it worked normally, but somewhere the shutoff stopped working while on and it has been on ever since. It stays lit all the time 24/7/365.

In the pic the two to the left are newer models vs the older model to the right, I put that back up for the pic. The Everlasting Light has a special place and I didn't want that specific area lit forever either.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2015, 17:36.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2015, 17:04 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 14:16:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 11:02:
Without any furhter delay... The Everlasting Light

This is where it started, a ceiling light for the Theater:

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv354/HorrorScope67/20150225_074623.jpg

This is it besides it's cousin that just doesn't have the same umph. This light has been on for a number of years now, non-stop, powered by a AA battery which seems everlasting:

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv354/HorrorScope67/20150225_074252_1.jpg

In the second photo, which is the everlasting one? The dim one?

The bright one, the other is another that is off.

News Comments > DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing?
18. Re: DirectX 12 to Allow Multi-Vendor GPU Mixing? Feb 25, 2015, 12:37 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 12:33:
Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 11:15:
I'll believe it when I see it, but it would be pretty awesome.

I think few devs would ever bother with putting in the work required, though, (even if it's not difficult) since it'd be a pretty rare occurrence where people are using a hybrid system like that.

I think a lot of people have extra vid cards hanging around they'd throw in their system if they thought they could get extra performance from it.

IMO this isn't happening and just more pre O/S, pre DX hype we get all the time. Is it possible? Perhaps. But it won't be supported by the manufactures. I'd just be happy with a better working supported SLI path, simple like the Voodoo 2, nothing you had to program on the game devs end, it just scaled and worked. And I hold zero breaths that even that will happen with like matching hardware. But mixing not only Nvidia with AMd, but say a 970 with a 660, sounds like something that has to be programmed for to make that mismatch work. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt this one. But for the record I believe the 900% faster!

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released
23. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC Released Feb 25, 2015, 11:45 HorrorScope

If you stick to the main in Skyrim, hell Mordor may have more content.

My oldest started playing Skyrim around noon day one, was done with the game by 3 am. Shelved.

I felt there was enough content in Mordor and what you want to see if it tightened up and expanded on in the next release, imo that is all they need to do.

4574 Comments. 229 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo