Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3019 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 18, 2014, 18:04 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 12:35:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 12:20:
Bone and VR? You can't handle it done right. You can't handle 1080P on a flat screen.

True, I don't see this working out very well. But they have to at least put it out there, because if the pc has VR and consoles don't, MS and Sony would lose licensing money to people jumping ship.

I see it as a ruse. Make a VR headset, even if its terrible. People will hear "VR is bad", and will believe the pc version is the same. Few people would research further than that, keeping most of their audience buying console games and thinking VR is failed tech.

Yep, I'll make sure to put some negative votes in for MS this March Madness.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 18, 2014, 17:45 HorrorScope

Panickd wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 17:42:
I love the "worst company in America" brackets because people actually believe it means anything to be called the worst. Comcast is shit but rakes in billions every year. The same could be said of Activision, EA, AT&T and a whole raft of other corporations.

Shitty customer service? Shady business practices? Treat your employees like trash? Don't worry, none of your customers really care. You'll still rake in billions! Why would any of these companies stop their crappy behavior when it would actually cost them money to do so and eat into the massive profits they're making? "I know Comcast is the worst company in history and their CEO bathes in the blood of kittens, but I need my cable TV, so...."

They won't stop, same I won't stop saying the suck. Congrats on making a business people despise.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Mar 18, 2014, 17:43 HorrorScope

Bracket

Two top opening matches: Microsoft vs ATT and EA vs Time Warner. First one is just too close to call.

News Comments > SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play
12. Re: SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play Mar 18, 2014, 16:42 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 15:08:
TThese start to slip once higher density buildings arrive. It's hard to pin down a flaw because it appears to burst at the seems - virtually everything starts to fail.

And they know this and just try to lie to us to get sales. It's broke and they still try to push it. Like who wouldn't buy Sim City and play it till you have a metropolis? Everyone, but they must hope you buy it, play it for a few hours and hope you put the product down with fond memories.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 18, 2014, 12:20 HorrorScope

Bone and VR? You can't handle it done right. You can't handle 1080P on a flat screen.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 17, 2014, 21:24 HorrorScope

Since we aren't being paid more in general as a country. They are going to continue to have issues raising prices. That's what you get when you kill good jobs. We all lose, just give it time.  

News Comments > Gauntlet Remake This Summer
40. Re: I <3 Gauntlet. Mar 17, 2014, 18:09 HorrorScope

Shineyguy wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 16:35:
Played Gauntlet Legends with some friends endlessly. Was great fun plopping down on the couch and running through levels with each other.

I picture that is what playing D3 on a console today feels like and with even (gasp) more depth in D3.

25. Re: Gauntlet Remake This Summer Mar 17, 2014, 13:53 HorrorScope

CeeJay wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 13:04:
I'd call this a Diablo clone if it wasn't for the fact that Diablo is a Gauntlet clone.

Right and it's going to have to better than the clones it has spurred and there have been many lately. Or priced about $10.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 17, 2014, 10:25 HorrorScope

“I know that the internet is very sceptical that this is real. Hopefully less so now that Titanfall is out and they realize that they really are playing on these servers out there,” he said.

“There’s a lot of things we’re doing in this that’s really different from how any other game has done it before. In the traditional model of dedicated servers is you go to your server and that is your home base. One of the key things that is interesting about the Xbox Live Compute that runs on Azure is that they’ve commodotised servers so much, that we just don’t care.

“I can ask for a server, use it for 10 seconds, and then go like, ‘ah we don’t need it anymore’ and throw it out. We bounce people around server to server, and so you’re hitting a lot of different servers and that let’s us do cool things."

So Nelson says it is doing something for us, that it is not the normal thing (even though not all work the way he describes) and then does us a favor by going deep enough for a layman to understand and put all the skeptics to bed by say "hitting a lot of different servers and that let’s us do cool things", most specifically "Cool Things", the guy should have been a scientist. And finally he puts this all to rest, the cloud is amazing, as you can see because it does cool stuff. Still sounds like my CIO.

4. Re: Gauntlet Remake This Summer Mar 17, 2014, 10:20 HorrorScope

It's an ARPG.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 16, 2014, 19:15 HorrorScope

The banks aren’t afraid, however. Doug Johnson, VP for Risk Management Policy with the American Bankers Association says “XP is battle-hardened.” He continued, noting that “People will benefit from years of fine-tuning of XP… It has been through wars.”

This is a guy I don't want in charge of my RMP division. Why didn't they go with Unix to start with?

News Comments > Farm Machines Championships 2014
7. Re: Farm Machines Championships 2014 Mar 16, 2014, 00:39 HorrorScope

Caladell wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 23:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 21:56:
Where's a good chariot racing game when you need one... about now?

Maybe here? http://www.turnopia.com/

I'll give you points for even trying...

News Comments > Farm Machines Championships 2014
5. Re: Farm Machines Championships 2014 Mar 15, 2014, 21:56 HorrorScope

Where's a good chariot racing game when you need one... about now?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 15, 2014, 15:25 HorrorScope

Worth a Buy slams it pretty well and still ends with a thumbs up. In his words he told us the truths. In his final, he pandered.  

News Comments > Redesigned Steam Controller Unveiled
25. Re: Redesigned Steam Controller Unveiled Mar 15, 2014, 11:53 HorrorScope

They get that DX to OGL wrapper working really well... now they got serious content.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Alpha 3.0 Released
17. Re: Elite: Dangerous Alpha 3.0 Released Mar 14, 2014, 22:51 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 22:40:
Speaking of space games, I usually post this or send it to Blue:

Josh's monthly update on Limit Theory.

Josh is finally getting satisfied with where the engine is at and is starting to work on ship design, UI, and gameplay elements.

Yeah this one is looking pretty special to.

News Comments > Redesigned Steam Controller Unveiled
10. Re: Redesigned Steam Controller Unveiled Mar 14, 2014, 22:44 HorrorScope

Hopefully the next design the right coffee warmer is replaced with a roller ball.  

News Comments > Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters
50. Re: Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters Mar 13, 2014, 20:25 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 10:23:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 10:15:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 09:41:
Does ruining the game for others brings joy and happiness to the cheater?

Isn't it boring to just mow down players one after another?

1. Yes.
2. No.

Interesting

This is news? People don't think there are people out there that just love pwning others? Or if your thinking that is me, I'm just answering the questions as on what they get out of it. I hardly ever even play PvP games, coop'r mostly.

News Comments > PopCap Layoffs
1. Re: PopCap Layoffs Mar 13, 2014, 18:37 HorrorScope

They weren't painful. You do it so much, it's numbing at the least. Stop with the it's painful.  

News Comments > Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters
10. Re: Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters Mar 13, 2014, 10:15 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 09:41:
Does ruining the game for others brings joy and happiness to the cheater?

Isn't it boring to just mow down players one after another?

1. Yes.
2. No.

3019 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo