Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4563 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
115. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 04:19 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 04:07:
I mean, once you've done Iraq=Al Quaida, and Barack Obama is a muslim terrorist, the birther movement... is "government had nothing to do with the internet" really a bridge too far? i mean, these people are clinically retarded. they need electro shock therapy. they will believe anything, and will fiercely defend big corporation's profits over their own well-being till their last breath.

how do you even start? because i can promise you, that NO ONE in here posting that drivel has been swayed by any bit of truth that has been laid out for them. if anything they've become more entrenched. infact everytime you tell them that "this is a WIN for them" they just shake their heads, understanding too well how deluded we must be, to think that government regulation could EVER do any good. because we live in a world of black and white. and GOVERNMENT = BAD.

And those are the people I named 50-60 posts back. One sucks gov't money for a living even and is still as staunch as one can ever be. I'm of the belief he loves war and it had the controls, it would be WW2 all over again and he doesn't see it. Then he quotes Jesus and the like. It is maddening.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

113. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 04:10 HorrorScope

Wildone wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 02:05:
Except the Liberals, they get it all.

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 23:54:
shihonage wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 23:33:
will give your daily two minutes hate against Fox News

What is funny is you can get cuts where Fox anchors fly off the handle and start spewing venom. You go to Cnn or the main broadcasts, they rarely if ever lose their professionalism.

You mention all the things Obama has done and it is shitty it has to be this way. But many posts back there was a piece about the struggles to get anything done. One side says up the other down, black, white. Yes, no. If he used the normal process almost nothing would get done, he was stone walled a lot. The point above was they don't want credit going to the other party if it is a success, the whole goal is to get voted in next time and if you can't do anything lines will be blurred and blame laid. It's ugly, its sad, but the shit Obama has done, if he didn't, we'd have 8 years of nothing. Now you may be against some of the reforms, but not everyone is. Believe me no one, no one is really getting their vision in gov't, and when you watch history of dictatorships, go to bed tonight thinking the best, at least no one side is getting everything, because that is where the bad in history starts. In America even today, if you give it your all, there is success to be had.

Shit no one got a damn thing really, it's a lot of half baked crap.

98. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 02:04 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 01:54:
I'll say this - I really don't want the government in my internet, any more than I wanted the government in my healthcare. That said, the absolutely corrupt and utterly unethical corporations left the government no choice in either case, so I will settle for the lesser of two evils. Corporations in both cases simply would not do the right thing, so they must be made to do the right thing. Don't blame the government for instituting what will turn out to be far from perfect regulations on both the internet and healthcare; rather, blame the corporations for leaving the government no choice by not doing what's right on their own. The money-obsessed douchebags in charge would sell their own mothers for a dime; of course they could not be left to run slipshod over the populace in their blind greed.

Right, big business can't help but go for maximum dollars and any chance to corner a market that they can get. Hence you need gov't there to make some ground rules. It's almost not their fault, what can you expect from highly trained professionals with orders to do just that?

In fantasyland everyone is cool and only takes what they really need, no need for a governing entity. That ain't Earth.

89. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 23:54 HorrorScope

shihonage wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 23:33:
will give your daily two minutes hate against Fox News

What is funny is you can get cuts where Fox anchors fly off the handle and start spewing venom. You go to Cnn or the main broadcasts, they rarely if ever lose their professionalism.

You mention all the things Obama has done and it is shitty it has to be this way. But many posts back there was a piece about the struggles to get anything done. One side says up the other down, black, white. Yes, no. If he used the normal process almost nothing would get done, he was stone walled a lot. The point above was they don't want credit going to the other party if it is a success, the whole goal is to get voted in next time and if you can't do anything lines will be blurred and blame laid. It's ugly, its sad, but the shit Obama has done, if he didn't, we'd have 8 years of nothing. Now you may be against some of the reforms, but not everyone is. Believe me no one, no one is really getting their vision in gov't, and when you watch history of dictatorships, go to bed tonight thinking the best, at least no one side is getting everything, because that is where the bad in history starts. In America even today, if you give it your all, there is success to be had.

76. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 21:23 HorrorScope

Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 21:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 21:04:
Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:55:
Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:42:
Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:28:
I'm sure you're heading back to the motherland, Russia. I hear communism is making a huge comeback these days. You can stand in line and wait hours for toilet paper again, just like the good old days.

Well at least they have toilet paper. See, when you were working 14 hour days for a pittance you could barely survive on you couldn't afford luxury items like toilet paper. Seriously though, why don't you move to Somalia where you won't have any of the 'burdens' to contend with and you can sink or swim on your own? I mean, it's worked out so well for them hasn't it? I understand Mogadishu is virtual paradise!

Yes, that's what happens when your government prints 17 trillion dollars worth of currency that's not worth the paper it's printed on.
Wait until that 17 trillion dollar bubble bursts. You will be the one without a job. I'm an electrician. I was smart enough to educate myself, so that I wouldn't have to depend on a part time, minimum wage job flipping burgers to support me and my children. I don't need the government to subsidize my life, I'd rather die first, but I guess some people don't mind living like parasites off the Federal Government... go figure.

So your a doomsday prepper, question, do you hope for it all to fall apart for a good solid "I told you so?". I know TV evangelist tells us he's all holy and predicts world wide death to everyone. Schweet!

Being the country with the currency that is the global standard has the luxury to build up a debt like that. If it were to blow up that is a global failure that will be felt world wide. The worlds debt sits in that. If it does go south then the debt becomes trivial any way. To me it's as good fear factor for us to sing kumbaya to. Because if you are 10+ trillion in debt with it still spiraling upward and it is still working, you probably can be a million, billion, trillion in debt and it continues to work to. So we going to live in fear 20 years from now when the levy hasn't broke and we are now 50 trillion? Doesn't there get a point where we say "Ok, it's a huge number, but it seems roughly the same as it ever was".

Yeah, we are all just redneck, uneducated, dooms day preppers. Huuuuurrr. No, I've just been around long enough to see what a festering shithole the USA is turning into.

I doubt that I'll be around when they finally turn off the lights on this for good.

Well you are the one that came out beating their chest. I can hunt, so I can get food, I can survive and all of that. You were the one predicting the collapse. So I don't see it crazy to think I ask the question. Man of the land who thinks it is all going to go to hell, pretty much a doomsday prepper or someone that thinks all that and still isn't prepared, I guess I was giving you credit for preparing for what you think lies ahead. Otherwise you'd be a "Doomsday, oh shit! I should have been a prepper!"

72. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 21:04 HorrorScope

Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:55:
Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:42:
Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:28:
I'm sure you're heading back to the motherland, Russia. I hear communism is making a huge comeback these days. You can stand in line and wait hours for toilet paper again, just like the good old days.

Well at least they have toilet paper. See, when you were working 14 hour days for a pittance you could barely survive on you couldn't afford luxury items like toilet paper. Seriously though, why don't you move to Somalia where you won't have any of the 'burdens' to contend with and you can sink or swim on your own? I mean, it's worked out so well for them hasn't it? I understand Mogadishu is virtual paradise!

Yes, that's what happens when your government prints 17 trillion dollars worth of currency that's not worth the paper it's printed on.
Wait until that 17 trillion dollar bubble bursts. You will be the one without a job. I'm an electrician. I was smart enough to educate myself, so that I wouldn't have to depend on a part time, minimum wage job flipping burgers to support me and my children. I don't need the government to subsidize my life, I'd rather die first, but I guess some people don't mind living like parasites off the Federal Government... go figure.

So your a doomsday prepper, question, do you hope for it all to fall apart for a good solid "I told you so?". I know TV evangelist tells us he's all holy and predicts world wide death to everyone. Schweet!

Being the country with the currency that is the global standard has the luxury to build up a debt like that. If it were to blow up that is a global failure that will be felt world wide. The worlds debt sits in that. If it does go south then the debt becomes trivial any way. To me it's as good fear factor for us to sing kumbaya to. Because if you are 10+ trillion in debt with it still spiraling upward and it is still working, you probably can be a million, billion, trillion in debt and it continues to work to. So we going to live in fear 20 years from now when the levy hasn't broke and we are now 50 trillion? Doesn't there get a point where we say "Ok, it's a huge number, but it seems roughly the same as it ever was".

67. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:49 HorrorScope

dizave wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:23:
Wallshadows wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:40:
Kind of weird to see the difference of opinions on here and elsewhere. I would have figured this to be a resounding victory but it seems a lot of comments here treat this as 'bad' or 'meh' at best.

People seem to be as passionate about wanting 'net neutrality' as they are suspicious of the government.

I'm fairly confident that everybody posting here is for the basic idea of net neutrality. The main issue is the FCC's definition is over 300 pages long. Nobody knows what was passed, with the exception of the few bullet points Wheeler gave to the media.

It's hard to be passionate one way or another when we really don't know.

If you want to watch one of the best, funny explanations of what we do know about net neutrality, watch John Oliver's explanation.

[url=]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbOEoRrHyU[/url]

I agree on all 3 accounts.
1. We are passionate about net neutrality, if that helps stop monopolization, allows municipalities to be isp's, if helps lower prices and gives us better performance.

2. And being suspicious of the gov't is no longer a conspiracy theory, that yes the cat is out of the bag we are spied on to an extreme level and they have designs from online to local po po to do it even more.

3. That yes, we feel happy to a point right now, but we don't know what it will actually bring.

62. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:44 HorrorScope

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:20:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:19:
Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:12:
Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:03:
It's nice how whenever someone questions anything they are automatically labeled as supporting one extreme or the other. You either worship big government or you worship corporations. There's no in-between. This is why discussions go nowhere.

True. Or if the gov't touches it, it will turn to trash and points to a series of programs that don't work as well as they should however there are hundreds that do and without them I'm not sure what we'd have. Surely not the country/power that is has come to have.

It all falls apart without gov't, it will be gangs and mobs and nothing for the greater good.

Here's an example of the nonsense that ruins discussion. It's either all or nothing. Why does anyone think like this?

The people in a generalized sense that think like this, "gov't screws everything up", is generally a fox viewer, why? Because that is what they sell all day long. They are pro-corporation to the nTH degree. They sell extremes and if you watch them long enough you start to think like them and also think it isn't extreme.

Do you have any evidence or are you just stating another extreme?

Yes my Brother Bob and his wife. My Uncle Bruce and his wife, My In-Laws. Those are some. Sean Hanity is another, I could get some more media heads for sure.

See you think you are taking a high road here but I'm not painting everyone. When has 40% meant everyone? You telling me you don't know people that feel that anything the gov't runs, runs like crap?

How am I supposed to say this? There perhaps could be a few people out there, but just a guess that might think that maybe they feel that the gov't does a bad job and messes most things up?

I read you right on your first response to me, then re-read it and assumed you meant "yes to my example those are extreme people", but you did mean that I was saying an extreme. There are extreme groups out there... let me go back and get the original comment... yes, I stand by, totally stand by saying there are people out there that feel the gov't botches it all up all the time, I know people and a network that feels that way. In no way do I feel I am over-stating that.

52. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:27 HorrorScope

JediPunisher wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:23:
Cl1mh4224rd wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:55:
Like all those rivers that companies used as waste dumps. The government really fucked that up. Clean water! Who ever heard of such nonsense...?

Do you think the government is any better?
Look at the Hanford debacle...
The cleanup will cost another $110 BILLION and won't be finished until 2060!

Point missed.

51. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:25 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:52:
Zanthar wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:47:
Everything the government touches turns to shit and this will be no exception.

Try and be a bit more reactionary why don't you? Infrastructure, labour laws, foof and drug regulation, etc. - while all are far from perfect, they're a damn sight better than none at all. Or maybe you think life was better before all of that? Yes, I'm sure life was much better under the robber barons and other assorte tyrants.

So true. But they try to sell it and with good success. A good 40% at the very very least agree with Zanthar and completely do not realize there are so many things under the gov't that if it were all gone it would be chaos and a whole different world. Believe me you like your position today a lot better than you think you would on the other side. Unless you are the one today in the position of gobbing up the power.

You lose your job, you'll take that Unemployment while you can. Well that can just be gone, you lose your job, ZERO. Better think fast.

47. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:22 HorrorScope

Jivaro wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:11:
To me this whole thing has been an interesting event to experience. The media has done a fabulous job of confusing the general public. The politicians have done a fabulous job of confusing the public. The ISP companies have done a great job of confusing the public. Fuck, even the public has confused the public.

This is a good thing and if it hadn't happened under the current administration it would happen under the next. Nobody seriously thought the Internet wasn't destined to be a utility. Even the ISPs knew it was coming. The only points of real contention was which party was going to get historical credit for doing it and how long could the ISPs stall it so as to keep their margins as high as possible. There might even be some lawsuits to try to stall it a bit longer, nobody with a brain cell believes they will go anywhere.

Jivaro, you think like me. (my apologies if you don't agree) I think we only have gridlock because a lot of the things that Obama has gone after are really big ticket items and the other wants the credit, they are scared of the success it could bring.

This boils all the way down to most city halls. It's about my idea, not yours, I dream of someday being in a much more powerful position and I can't make it there with your ideas, it has to be mine.

44. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:19 HorrorScope

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 20:12:
It's nice how whenever someone questions anything they are automatically labeled as supporting one extreme or the other. You either worship big government or you worship corporations. There's no in-between. This is why discussions go nowhere.

True. Or if the gov't touches it, it will turn to trash and points to a series of programs that don't work as well as they should however there are hundreds that do and without them I'm not sure what we'd have. Surely not the country/power that is has come to have.

It all falls apart without gov't, it will be gangs and mobs and nothing for the greater good.

Here's an example of the nonsense that ruins discussion. It's either all or nothing. Why does anyone think like this?

The people in a generalized sense that think like this, "gov't screws everything up", is generally a fox viewer, why? Because that is what they sell all day long. They are pro-corporation to the nTH degree. They sell extremes and if you watch them long enough you start to think like them and also think it isn't extreme.

42. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:15 HorrorScope

shihonage wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:18:
This ruling has a trojan horse which allows bureaucrats to censor the Internet. EFF sent a letter to FCC about this "small concern" of general conduct rules, which went on to be ignored.

These rules will be exploited to curtail Internet freedom.

Chairman Mao would call this a step in the right direction.

Now this is possible, but it still shows regulation need, it is companies still trying to finagle every loophole and advantage they can find, not for the greater good, for their good.

41. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:14 HorrorScope

Wildone wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:16:
AHahahah wow all these government lovers..just mind blowing.

If you haven't noticed people in general haven't been too happy with ISP's in America. We pay a lot more than most for many times less. That is called the worst of both worlds. Electricity is regulated, roads are regulated, we have things that work that are. There are reasons why they exist and the heart of it is to protect the consumer the best it can or that those will allow it to.

39. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:12 HorrorScope

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
36. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 16:33 HorrorScope

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 15:41:
I'm a PC gamer who is spending hundreds of hours playing destiny with my friends on my PS4. But... I also use an XIM4 adapter to play destiny with a mouse and keyboard because shooters absolutely SUCK on a game pad.

If I ever go back... you put your stamp of approval on the Xim4? It would be the only way I'd go back... Do you pwn?

35. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 16:27 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 14:27:
ForgedReality wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 14:13:
I built a PC (over the PS4 and XB1) because it's far cheaper in the long run and I preferred the games and the far superior and precise control setup. Being more powerful and able to handle higher resolutions in every single game, as well as being able to play games from all the way back in the 80s is just a bonus.
It depends on your preference really where do you want to game, but I disagree with your cheaper on the long run comment.
It is not cheaper to game on the pc, especially not on long run.
I much prefer my PC for gaming to the console also (except some local coop games that are just better to be played on the console in front of the tv) when you add up you total spending of hardware and software combined after 7 years I don't think you come out cheaper on the PC.

I feel it is cheaper at the very least when one factors in all the other things you are doing on it as well. Consoles are costly upfront, the periphs etc. The games in general imo if you can wait even just a little are quite a bit cheaper on the PC. Now mobile gaming is even cheaper! Lol

Every 3 years a new VC. Every 6 a new MB/proc and ram? You know it would be more expensive if Intel and NVidia would give me more a reason to upgrade faster. I'm up for it, but as it stands now, you can let the HW age some and still have solid results. There are people claiming even older HW holding up well today.

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 13:13 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 11:41:
I don't know I kind of lost faith in Android devs.

I'm not really holding my breath either, just trying to think what could be exciting here, that is all I come up with. As for the shield if it can stream pc games to it and work well, heat, connectivity, battery, durability, I'd be interested in that being my next tablet.

I don't have a problem with playing tablet games TB/Rougelike level on a tablet with BT mouse in living room/bed from time to time.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 26, 2015, 11:31 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 10:23:
Binns said the company still believes the hacked data were restricted to names, dates of birth, member ID/Social Security numbers, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and employment information such as income data.

Oh, was that all? Good. Here I thought they might have stolen something IMPORTANT. Rolleyes

Until the fucking US starts holding these piece of shit corporations liable for every single dollar of damage these breaches cause, this shit is going to continue and continue and continue ad infinitum. Right now they offer bullshit "credit monitoring" and continue to skimp on every fucking dollar they can when it comes to security.

I'm just hoping when I file this year, someone hasn't beat'n me to it.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 11:26 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 10:59:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 10:26:
I wonder how well their gaming tablet the shield is doing.

Financial reports are available all over the net since nVidia is a publicly traded company. Their mobile division including Shield is doing very well and going by preliminary reports of the new Tegra X1, their next Shield will likely be nothing short of amazing.
And, no, I'm not getting paid to say that and I don't have much interest in mobile gaming either but credit where credit is due. The Tegra X1 looks like it's shaping up to be one bad mofo.

Yeah I read enough crack and battery issues on the current to wait to see how the next Shield looks.

4563 Comments. 229 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo