Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5247 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Victor Vran Released
8. Re: Victor Vran Released Jul 24, 2015, 12:37 HorrorScope

Alamar wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 11:13:
"I hunt demons for a living"... WTF is Geralt doing hunting demons here?

Do you remember when Geralt fronted for Priest?

The Sinner!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 24, 2015, 12:30 HorrorScope

Yes a timely article for sure.  

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Plans
11. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Plans Jul 24, 2015, 12:05 HorrorScope

Xero wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 08:07:
Man, this exclusive crap is such BS. Do console makers honestly think by holding a title hostage for a few months or a year will make me pay $300-400 for the console just for that title? GTFO.

They honestly don't know what else to do.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 24, 2015, 12:03 HorrorScope

Pulls out all old hardware from attic. "I knew there was a reason I held on to all of this!".  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 24, 2015, 11:16 HorrorScope

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 10:59:
Oh my god. Just stop sucking, cabbies! Stop ripping people off and learn to be fucking competitive, you shitty pieces of human trash. Fucking hell. Most of you fuckers drive like absolute motherfucking shit anyway. I'd be ecstatic to never see another cab-hole on the road again.

Well they are regulated which adds to costs and what they can and can not do. It is amazing Uber can withstand so many lawsuits, stoppages etc from all angles.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 24, 2015, 11:08 HorrorScope

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 09:45:
I can barely remember the last time I went into a Wal*Mart. It just kind of sucks for so many reasons. I'd rather go to a Dollar Store.

I go routinely, small town, and I guess I don't have the horror stories people talk about in larger cities, like how people look, the horror. I do watch TV and I eat at Mc Donald's to now and again and get a coffee regularly. Somebody like me has to exists since millions use these services, right?

Their electronics are name brand, movies, candy, deodorant, light bulbs, fertilizer seems as good as anyone else.

The only real issue I have is active checkout lanes, it is their #1 complaint, they go on TV we are fixing it and it remains the same year after year. If it has improved it is like they added a half a person a day into the mix.

48. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 23:39 HorrorScope

wtf_man wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 22:55:
It's time for Blue to put up a Pay-Pal donation link, IMO... because unfortunately, turning off all of my security and privacy measures is not an option.

Yeah some of the stuff on the left column is like going back in time. Funny how we're now talking for Blue on how he should get $ from us.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2015, 20:22 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 19:37:
I love a good conspiracy when I see one, but the moon landing stuff is not really that convincing. The misquoted JFK speech about communism isn't a good place to start either.

If you are talking about my post, I am not referencing the communism speech. I'm talking the secret society and the importance of self inspection and the media.

39. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 19:35 HorrorScope

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 18:07:
As Cutter said, paywall. Works for the Wall Street Journal and a lot of other news sites. I wouldnt be opposed to a 1$ a month fee for Blues, which i'm willing to bet is 10000x more then he'd ever see from the likes of me even if i were to click on the ads (leaving Amazon links out of it)

Paywall will not work for a site like this, this isn't WSJ. Donations tab (with re-occurring options), adverts, merchandising is about I'll one can do. Perhaps he can make an Indy game?

If you did a recurring you'd have perhaps some special features, but that takes money and programing to do that.

I hope the site is doing ok, I don't ever read much from him on that topic.i

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2015, 19:04 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 18:27:
We can't even put a man on the moon (except in a film studio)

Warning, sharks have been jumped. At least your SJW rants aren't the craziest thing you've posted on here anymore.

Well you know the gov't makes us. They get caught lying, then they seal records. Who the fuck knows what is going on in truth? I know JFK said in public to congress about cults and corruption exist and they need to be exposed and overcome, if anyone will know it will be the Prez and he told us square. He ends up dead.

36. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 17:52 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 17:36:
I hope you ABP users are white-listing Blues. He works 10-12 hours daily on this website, and needs to eat and pay hosting fees. He aggressively monitors the ads for popovers and hijacks insisting on non-intrusive ads only for this site.

As an aside, for all you ABP users out there, are you willing to fork out an annual subscription fee to all the various websites your visit? The internet costs hundreds of billions of dollars to operate, and much of that comes from advertising revenue. Thousands and thousands of websites would go out of business, including Blues, if everyone used ABP. Even major sites like Youtube would go dark without ad revenue. We'd be left with Amazon.com, Walmart.com, and the like, sites that fund their websites via non-ad revenue.

It's understandable if you're on a bandwidth cap, or blacklisting a few sites (there are a few sites out there I read with ABP because they'll crash my browser if I don't). But understand that by using ABP you're creating an internet with more and more intrusive ads, not fewer.

I understand ads suck, but what's the alternative?

Ad Blockers

There is nothing new here other than reaffirming what we know. I'm pretty serious about the problem starts on their end, they cannot have ads that causes pc issues or real user headaches. Sites add these ad providers to their site and they don't understand what all is going on, that isn't the user problem.

That has to be handled first then come back to us. It starts there. That is who made who.

I haven't confirmed, but just here from an earlier report, simple old fashioned Blue's we get this if I understood the post correctly:

Acuity Ads
Advertising.com
AppNexus
BidSwitch
Casale Media
Chango
Dotomi
Doubleclick
Facebook Connect
Google Analytics
Google+ Platform
Media Optimizer (Adobe)
Media Math
MyThings
Optimax Media Delivery
Pubmatic
Quantcast
Rocket Fuel
Switch Concepts
Trade Desk

Every one of those items are tracking you. Granted... most of this appears to be coming through quantserve and switchadhub, but that's 20-ish trackers just on this site.

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2015, 18:08.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2015, 15:58 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 14:05:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 11:20:
InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 09:44:
What could be the 'huge' NASA announcement? Hmmm. Didn't Kepler already detect like hundreds of Earthlike planets already??

They've rec'd a digital transmission from a planet of a being standing in front of 1000's of other like beings, which seems that the one being is verbally communicating to the rest of them while pointing one of their extremities in the air.

Did you just invoke Godwin's law, without invoking Godwin's law? If you know what I mean

Perhaps. This wasn't an original thought of mine? lol

32. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 15:53 HorrorScope

So what I've read is that IGN needs to get a memo on why we use blockers (so many good reasons) and then go back to their advertisers apps to tell them they have bad ads on several levels and it needs to be fixed first.

Once that is done expect the need for a 5 year campaign by a consortium to tell us they are sorry, they've heard us, they've corrected it so there isn't any harm in it. That it is a simple add off to the side that is totally safe and all that all it does is have a link to the product with no other BS.

Then that followed up with independent testing and agreeing.

Then we as a community can start to abide by the request.

They are pointing here at us, while it is way too easy to prove the issue needs to be addressed in the other direction first. This truly is the ad's issue, not the users. They've crossed the business morals line, we just reacted to it.

26. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 13:18 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 12:33:
I don't have any kind of ad-blocker installed. Mostly cos I'm too lazy to bother with it, but I also rarely visit sites that have too many or intrusive ads. Blue's is one of them.

I will say... that is lazy. The payoff overall is huge and is made up for most in well less than a single day.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 23, 2015, 11:42 HorrorScope

yuastnav wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 07:02:
As someone who has never owned one single console in his life and only ever played on the PC... why would you already sell your PS4? Didn't it come out like one year ago or something? I didn't have the feeling that there is a drought of games for the PS4.
Also, didn't it cost around 400 USD at launch? Does the price fall so dramatically that it is only worth half after one year?

1. If you are in jail and need to make bail, you know you have $200's there.

2. You are a pc gamer got into consoles and decideded it wasn't for you, cut your losses take the $200.

3. You bought a PS4 all your dumb friend bought a Bone because of Live and you want to catch back up with them. $200.

4. You're a thief and have a fence willing to pay you $200 per.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2015, 11:20 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 09:44:
What could be the 'huge' NASA announcement? Hmmm. Didn't Kepler already detect like hundreds of Earthlike planets already??

They've rec'd a digital transmission from a planet of a being standing in front of 1000's of other like beings, which seems that the one being is verbally communicating to the rest of them while pointing one of their extremities in the air.

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 10:59 HorrorScope

Do sites get money just from displaying ads or do you have to click on them? I will consider turning adblock off for Blue's, but if he make nothing unless I click, then there is no reason to have it off, I won't click.

I also checked IGN's main site, main page and that wasn't bad. I did want to try it since they talk about how other sites ruin it for sites that don't go too far. See if they were hypocrites, I only did the main page, wasn't bad. I never go there though, so back on just in case.

News Comments > Win10 Gamer Primer
36. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 22, 2015, 20:20 HorrorScope

Julio wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 19:41:
No need to install Windows 10 - there's no benefit here for users. Waiting for that eventual monthly fee they'll charge to rent Windows 10. Or maybe they'll just sell your data that it collects...

To be honest the make or break feature is how much better will games with DX 12 really be?

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
35. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC Jul 22, 2015, 18:19 HorrorScope

Mac wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 16:42:
The only difference is getting a manual installation package vs. having it installed automatically -- both options result in game files being on your computer that operate independently, i.e. without any DRM whatsoever.

Fair point. I'm ghosted, most aren't, I won't have an issue with that, but fair.

News Comments > KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added
34. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 18:00 HorrorScope

Ant wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 01:53:
I loved KOTOR1, but avoided KOTOR2 due to problems. So, it is safe to play now?

Does the Sith Restored Content patch work with the new version? Doing a quick check around the horn, seems like it could be a bit buggy.

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2015, 18:08.

5247 Comments. 263 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo