Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5152 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Jul 12, 2015, 11:06 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 06:05:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 01:17:
Feature creep this back in... Player run servers. You won't because somewhere along the lines, plans on being a cash shop game creeped in without an announcement or plead from the community. With player run servers, that dream cannot be realized.

To be fair, the cash shop has always been part of the plan since day no. 1. They promised no subscriptions but instead PU and Squadron 42 expansions and the cash shop to keep the game running.

Fine but Player Run Servers were part of the beginning to. How can you have a cash shop on main servers and expect people to buy things if you could just go over to a player run server and get everything for free? Solution, get rid of the cool stuff and keep the crap. Typical.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Jul 12, 2015, 01:17 HorrorScope

Feature creep this back in... Player run servers. You won't because somewhere along the lines, plans on being a cash shop game creeped in without an announcement or plead from the community. With player run servers, that dream cannot be realized.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 11, 2015, 12:35 HorrorScope

Too much drama. I just read the damn site and get out.  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2015, 11:44 HorrorScope

Man those links in the comments section are weak ass sauce.

The little teaser video, (Van Gundy Voice) "Are you kidding me?", my kid can do that at a week long tech-arts camp. And then gifs of different sights, big whoop-ti-doo!!!

And then things written like this:
"There are fundamental differences between Star Citizen and other traditional shooters in the way we keep our 1st person and 3rd person models and camera in sync. Going into why we are in this state is a much longer topic for another day."

No today's the day, you again are saying something but saying nothing at the same exact time.

Read the blog and with this massive team they are pussy footing around FPS basics like a small group of amateurs.

There is your S.C. lighter fluid response of the day.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2015, 11:54.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 10, 2015, 11:53 HorrorScope

I feel there is another additional reason why KS dollars aren't there like they used to be... We've rec'd several games now on these once forgotten genre's. The itch to a good point has been scratched.

This looks good though and as said, the giveaways early on were good.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2015, 11:30 HorrorScope

Stabler was/is awesome. A real legend of the 70's game.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 10, 2015, 11:25 HorrorScope

He loves it, made him bank and he never had to finish.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Sales Figure
3. Re: Ubisoft Sales Figure Jul 10, 2015, 10:59 HorrorScope

Pretty much the numbers we care about over the eternal debate:

Sales by Platform %

Platform-2015-2014
PS3-11%-17%
PS4-27%-36%
360-11%-14%
Bone-11%-17%
Wiiu-3%-1%
PC-23%-14%
Other 14%-1%

This has been somewhat common with big publishers that also do a fair job supporting the PC. For PC's to be right in the game like this or bounce around a little for a few years now. On a platform individual basis a strong #2. The Bone, shakes head...

So yes we can point at some games that do a lot better on a console, but there are also a few that dominate on the PC and then there is the rest in more of a balanced sales role.

This qtr major gain for PC while the other bigs fell.

(CJ wrote mine while you posted

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
95. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 22:21 HorrorScope

dsmart wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 22:01:
the reason they have no choice but to continue selling these ships for a game that does not exist, is because without doing that, there is no money to finish the game. It really is that simple.

The keep doing, keep buying and wala it will be finished. Then I'll pick it up on sale for $30 some day. Thanks in advance.

News Comments > GOG.com's Windows 10 Support
17. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 8, 2015, 14:08 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 13:30:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 13:26:
It's great for high resolution monitors...not!
Changing the DPI doesn't make them fatter for you?

Changing DPI affects other elements too is the problem. The taskbar icons are so small that they have a large, empty black outline around them. They are pointlessly small, just to make room for their dumb Cortana bar that will fail horribly because less than 1% of users will give a shit about a voiced data assistant on the PC. They look even dumber in the start menu, win32 apps especially look downright comical.

There are things I like about Windows 10 but making the taskbar icons smaller was pretty dumb, I already know I'm going to be inundated with complaints from anyone over the age 35 about how to make them bigger.

Isn't there usually a registry setting for individual things like this?

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support
35. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 1M; Adds Mod Support Jul 8, 2015, 13:38 HorrorScope

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 13:32:
If you do play solo and on your own local server you can set all those arbitrary times to the minimum so you'll do them much much faster then on a normal server.

Yes, the beauty of self run servers, but cool you can bounce on others and official ones to.

If standard mmo's had options like this, perhaps I could adjust them to actually have a challenge and well then I wouldn't have to be caught up in the mmo race to win, which isn't possible unless you are banging out 8+ hours a day.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Adds MP Content
3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Adds MP Content Jul 8, 2015, 10:09 HorrorScope

The Save Importer is really timely.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
38. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 18:50 HorrorScope

Perhaps they should add zombies?  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
13. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 13:12 HorrorScope

Love child of Elite & Spore's?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
117. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 7, 2015, 12:19 HorrorScope

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 12:00:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 21:53:
That complaint is interesting, not bat shit crazy, some of what I liked:

"The premise was that early backers would be exclusively given this "lifetime insurance" while late comers and future backers would have to pay a monthly fee with real money to CIG/RSI in Star Citizen if they wanted to virtually insure their virtual ships against virtual damage in the virtual game. Without such virtual insurance, if a player's ship was damaged in a fight or battle or collision in the game, he or she would have to start over from scratch and would likely have to spend hundreds if not thousands of real USD dollars in order to buy or acquire another similar ship to replace the ship or ships that were lost or damaged. "

The issues with those statements are :

P1) Ships are to no longer be for sale after release. Any ship lost can be replaced via gameplay. You don't have to spend any money to replace a lost ship. Further, other than an initial purchase, you don't have to spend any money at all.

Fine, but I read it this way.

-The game is PTW.

-Someone has already bought ship and insurance on it. They die, they have ship no death penalty.

-Now I can have insurance to for a monthly fee, see how this creeped in?

-Since it is now a MMO, I can't get away from people who play 8 hours a day and have insurance. I am at severe dis-advantage, I can get a any ship with X hours of game play, when I die it starts back at zero playing less hours per day, by far and they have no penalty at all just continue to build stronger 8 hours at a time. This is PTW.

That is why I like personal servers, our group, not on 24/7, no pay walls, and then tweaked settings to our liking over more conservative boring MMO rules.

This is all different than the original pitches, a lot different.

News Comments > AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations
30. Re: AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations Jul 7, 2015, 11:59 HorrorScope

publicENEMY wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 02:36:
After 23 posts, Im amazed why nobody mention Vulkan.

Post 8.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
16. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2015, 23:06 HorrorScope

^ Depends on game. Many of the top games are still online PC games. WoT, HS, LoL and some others, notice we don't recognize them often, but they do exist, lol, there the biggest games, lol.

When we look at financials of EA a well rounded company in terms of pc/console/mobile games. The PC sometimes is a bit above a singular console, meaning PC=PS4 sales not PC=PS4 & Xbone sales. Sometimes it is a dead heat and sometimes the singular consoles are a bit ahead of the PC. But it isn't this massive blow out anymore overall.

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2015, 22:57 HorrorScope

NetHead wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 22:48:
First of all they can't simply release a faster Xbone or PS4, it would fracture the market leaving everyone who already purchased one very pissed off, that fracture would also mean a smaller market

But someday that is exactly what they will do, release faster Bones and PS's. I assume we think the architecture is now sound and moving forward we are keeping compatibility, just better HW. So what is being portrayed here is what is going to happen. Time is the only thing in question. Hopefully no more than 5, but imo it could be a lot more aggressive yet. Condition the people to the new world of consoles, it has worked well with phones and there are plenty of console players that would right now shell out $$$ for more FPS in their current games. The older models will still run the game, just not as good.

Or is it new everything again and rebuy all your software again? My world the cost of next gen becomes a lot less for MS and Sony. You aren't redoing O/S or online services, done and done.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 6, 2015, 22:18 HorrorScope

Not funny?

Article states:
"The news is coming from a Foxconn employee who posted on Weibo, showing what looks like internal documentation that shows off the camera module that will be used in the upcoming 'S' model of the iPhone."

And the picture is prints of an audio jack, looks like one and it states in the name as one but article says shows proof of camera module and how would they know from that what resolution it is?

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2015, 22:10 HorrorScope

WaltC wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 21:48:
Still, I'm surprised to see that Microsoft has not yet rectified its xBone mistakes by introducing a new model that is 100% compatible with the old (which is very easy to do since the current xBone is an x86 computer internally, albeit a rather skimpy one), and a new xBone that exceeds the PS4 in GPU/CPU horsepower and ram bandwidth! That's what the people who buy consoles want, and that's exactly why Microsoft is so far behind Sony in unit sales!

Agreed. They are stuck back 5+ years now. Not understanding how mobile has changed things. How the PC re-surge changes things. Now some will scream to bloddy hell if console hw moved into this realm, but mobile also shows tons of people will pay and for a profit to the mfg for better faster compatible hardware in a timely manner. If they'd do that, if they'd accept a mouse as a viable input device and not hate on it for no good reason, then I might even be interested in this unit.

It seems to me they miss about every opportunity anymore, must be maddening inside their walls or peaceful as everyone minds their own P's and Q's and doesn't give 2 shits.

5152 Comments. 258 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo