Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4228 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
31. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 8, 2015, 21:03 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 12:44:
Fuck the peace-at-any-price crowd. There's nothing hypocritical in being intolerant of the intolerant. The vast majority of us fall into the 'live and let live' camp. Believe whatever the hell you want but the moment that you start trying to force your values on me and mine then we have a serious problem.

I agree with this, but this goes against your Hatred argument where you feel it should be taken from us because you don't care for it.

My gut says we aren't so innocent here either, they've all been caught in too many lies now, that a person looking for as much truth as possible, just can't buy into what they sell without question. IMO they have earned that. Action-reaction. War can't bring peace, only peace can. But Peace doesn't sell or pay the bills, right?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 8, 2015, 18:40 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 17:43:
THIS is the Oculus Killer you're looking for!

5th pic in that article is ridiculous. We don't need a killer at this time, we just need them to get this thing out to us.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 8, 2015, 18:37 HorrorScope

The specs look great on Ultra Blue Ray to me. There is no comparison today that BR blows anything out of the water, streaming is pretty good, but it doesn't have the fidelity or bit-rate more importantly to compare the two. Ultra with those specs, movies should look amazing on those, especially with projectors. But it is no surprise that streaming/cable/satellite is winning because the avg viewer just doesn't care that much. But if you do, it's very noticeable.

Quboid, the thing I feel with BR sales is I think a lot of us have learned, that in the corner sits a movie rack worth a $1000 plus and it is rarely used, 2008 again really put a damper on free spending. I love me some Red Box, just don't want to spend more than a $5 for a movie anymore.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2015, 18:45.

News Comments > Valve: Steam Machines "Front and Center" at GDC
4. Re: Valve: Steam Machines Jan 8, 2015, 18:11 HorrorScope

Between Steam Machine or Living Room PC's, I like Steam Machine.

Reminds me a bit of the Longest Yard... Green Machine.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Evolve
6. Re: Gone Gold - Evolve Jan 8, 2015, 18:07 HorrorScope

Did they decide on a new price point?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 8, 2015, 11:53 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 10:52:
A grown man who doesn't know how to use snapchat should not be using snapchat. Hell, a grown man shouldn't be using snapchat. What the hell was he doing friending students on there anyway? Coach or not, that's fucking weird. Work and personal life separation barrier man, especially if you're interacting with female students. Male teachers have a hard enough time getting work as it is without bullshit like this.

Some comments explain why. There is a thought that email and facebook are already been there done that old. Not surprising with Facebook, the adults have took it over and from being a kid once, you never wanted to talk/show your trash to places they were, most uncool thing ever.

They mention in comments how organized activities are handled mostly through these social media tools today.

So it's not the tech, it's the content. Guy accidentally slips in the wrong DVD at Christmas dinner, you don't say, "dude should have never had a DVD".

We can't tell for certain he's a sex criminal, what we can tell is he made a mistake and we can use it to maybe learn a bit something from it. I don't use things like snap-chat nor take pictures of myself even just a normal selfie, next one will be first, but I'm old like that. HERE IS THE ANSWER: You have to keep telling yourself every day this "I am not everyone, people are different, people are different at different ages". It explains almost everything, we all know it, but that is why different things happen and then we sit back and think "well why would someone do that?", we aren't all of like mind, we know that, respect it.

No one is dead, the girls will recover, sounds like they didn't really suffer, more of "OMG what? Hey everyone look at this!", they'll figure out if he is a pedo and take care of him if so. For losing your job, yep that is totally appropriate even if it was a mistake, things have consequences and you can't mess up like this with no repercussions.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 7, 2015, 19:15 HorrorScope

It's 5 year mission...

Seems like they are going to need a lot more players.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 7, 2015, 19:14 HorrorScope

I believe the FBI, hows bout you?  

News Comments > Wizardry Online Revival Speculation
3. Re: Wizardry Online Revival Speculation Jan 7, 2015, 19:10 HorrorScope

This mo fo doesn't need a revival. The only revival this needs is to get this name out of the shitty jap devs hands and make a real update Wizardry. The only thing the name has value with, the only thing that players of Wizardry wants. What is so hard to figure out here?  

News Comments > Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines "Pretty Much Dead"
5. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 7, 2015, 19:09 HorrorScope

Steam Machine dead, that is a pretty big fail, they get all hot and heavy about MS's Walled Garden(tm) and we need something better. Do a shit load of linux work, fumble around with a controller for forever, had a huge splash two years ago with at least 6 manufactures showing off their systems and nothing. Fail. Stick with Steam only, because really it's the only thing you are doing that gets released.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 6, 2015, 11:47 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 21:24:
1badmf wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 18:23:
i think that dish article needs a post of its own. it's the game changer in cable packages - a la carte internet tv, $5 per extra channel of your choice. the chord cutters have won!

It's a start but still not right. No one even wants to pay for a basic package anymore and $5 a channel is too much. Just let people pick and choose the channels they want for buck a month. That's it right there. That's all people want. All I want is PBS, TCM, TVO, and Teletoon Retro. And I'd grab a sports channel during football season. I'd only pay $5 a month if it was commercial free.

I love how you just come in and set a rate, a buck a month, why not a nickel? $5 imo is the best you are going to see with some wanting 10 or more, depending on who and what they are giving up. $1, yeah that is happening.

I have a $100 to play with and I don't need 2/3's of what I do have.

Locals one can get OTA.
ESPN
TNT
USA
HBO
CNN

Above I can see could be a very basic list of stations. Do that for $35-$40'ish and I'm yours type of thing. I just saved $65 and have plenty from TV.

I also like the idea of paying a bit more and the locals if they come with a near 100% on demand back catalog of their products. At that point say add $5 per major, that would be x4 now I'm at $55/$60 and have a total catalog.

This is where I want to be.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2015, 11:33 HorrorScope

"But if one Justice had voted with her personal feelings rather than with her understanding of the law, things might have gone very differently."

You could say that about a lot of things. If only I were king...

I get it, it is a struggle, but that is part of understanding her position and why things make it to them. These aren't black and white overall, you need to understand you can OK something but not be totally satisfied doing so. Nature of the beast, so many sayings could be used to what she if feeling, sort of understood, so don't get to deep about things that are known going into the job.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 6, 2015, 11:17 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 19:23:
Hands-on with the LG G Flex 2—another inexplicably curved smartphone.

Not sure why it's inexplicable. Our faces and bodies are curved. A curved phone better fits our natural contours.

To me perhaps as a phone it works better for everything else I don't see a beni. I don't get the curved tv's either. I would get the curved monitors if they actually wrapped around your head and your head was inside the curve. Otherwise, nope don't get it.

News Comments > Steam Beta Adds FPS Counter
2. Re: Steam Beta Adds FPS Counter Jan 5, 2015, 15:56 HorrorScope

That said... where's my date/time stamp on downloads and keep a history on it beyond restarting Steam and all gone.  

5. Re: Oklahoma texting while driving Jan 5, 2015, 12:26 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 11:05:
Even so, roughly 99% of all the tardbillies in this state drive with a fucking cellphone either stuck to their heads or between their knees or where-the-fuck-ever, so maybe this will at least cut it down a little bit.

Like every state and well outside of just billies.

IMO yes texting is asking for it. Talking imo isn't, there are many things I can do legally in a car that is as or even more distracting than talking on a cell phone and driving. To me Ez Pz, keeps me more awake sometimes as well.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up
6. Re: Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up Jan 5, 2015, 11:21 HorrorScope

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 10:20:
That's actually my biggest concern for SC is hacking/economy bugs/hacks. As good as a game is, the cheaters always ruin it for me.

That is one of two reasons I love player run servers. In this case I can limit who can join and it won't be cheaters. SC you know it... they have promised us that to! Love those guys!

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
73. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 4, 2015, 23:17 HorrorScope

Kxmode wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 19:36:
I better or else Chris Roberts is dead to me and I will make it my mission to flame everything he ever done past, present and future. Not to mention that I may seek a class action lawsuit against him if he doesn't deliver. According to Kickstarter the game was promised November 2014.

This is why this is going to be epic shit. It goes one way we have best ever. If it goes the other way, Derek Smart and Duke are no longer the biggest busts ever, the venom will be staggering.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 4, 2015, 23:10 HorrorScope

nin wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 21:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 21:28:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 21:24:
But Valve getting a heafty cut of every game sold? Hardly, they're one of if not the lowest in terms of cuts on every game sold in all the distribution services.

30% to me is healthy enough when you have the largest share.

That also covers payment/billing, file hosting/bandwidth, patching, and matchmaking.

Yep, got it. Also covers HL3 development.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 4, 2015, 21:28 HorrorScope

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 21:24:
But Valve getting a heafty cut of every game sold? Hardly, they're one of if not the lowest in terms of cuts on every game sold in all the distribution services.

30% to me is healthy enough when you have the largest share.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 4, 2015, 15:36 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 15:02:
They're approaching 3 million copies sold, as per their website:

http://www.dayz.com/

Right, so all those times on Steam's top 10, a healthy 3 million. But there are still many more people than not on the sidelines still, me included. It seems it could be on the list all year and be talking about 4 million sold next year.

4228 Comments. 212 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo