Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4574 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Mar 2, 2015, 22:40 HorrorScope

LittleMe wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 21:01:
Please not Ripley again. Hicks would be awesome.

It is really the story about Ripley kicking some somewhat tough xenomorph ass. But nothing a lady of really any age can't handle. Alien toughness = over-rated, big time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 2, 2015, 20:30 HorrorScope

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:58:
Did they ever fix the PC tactical UI? At launch, it looked like they were trying to emulate controller sticks on the keyboard instead of, you know, clicking where you wanted someone to go.

They added auto-attack to 5, a little improvement to tactical but not enough per reports. The Beta is under NDA.

Sounding like Patch 6 might be close enough.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
32. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 18:30 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 18:26:
5 points is more than fair. The key factors here are how long it takes to get your people up to speed with it and how moddable it is - can you create new tools libraries for it, etc. How limited are you with it?

Steam on the other hand is like legalized extortion. Seriously, that's an exorbitant amount for them doing virtually nothing. You can see why everyone is trying to launch competing services and that's a good thing.

And that is why we shouldn't fly off a handle when people don't want to use Steam. If I was an indy and you see this, if you don't need EA, I'd start selling my game on my own site first, get more back and make it better. Then see other competing services can do better than steam, sell there for a month and then finally in the end move over to steam. I agree I do feel 30% is high, but at the same time they do have the base and that # can still work.

News Comments > Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold
16. Re: Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold Mar 2, 2015, 18:10 HorrorScope

These games currency systems are too complex, if I wanted to be a banker or a currency exchange rate expert, I'd gone down that line.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
34. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 16:17 HorrorScope

Talutha wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 16:05:
If I had to guess at anything, I would say they are developing a new engine entirely, if not at the very least shifting away from Gamebyro to one of the more mainstream engines. In a lot of places you could definitely tell Skyrim is hitting the limit. On release it wasn't incredibly stable. Granted now it is almost as stable as a rock.

Right there were two bugs big that made a world of difference and they fixed it in Skyrim, which existed in all past offerings. I'd e-wager they are using the same engine. Look at the loyalty and sales numbers of their games.

Where I say Skyrim hitting limits is 360/ps3 constraints. I want to see what a true 64-bit version can do.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2015, 18:15.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
18. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 14:33 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 14:22:
Ah, that's a good point. Unreal can't make it net though, or creative accounting would result in no net profit, and they wouldn't be able to make any money. Yeah, 5% on top of the 30% or so Steam takes...

Yep 35%, which is still doable. What is GoG's cut?

It mentions:"5% royalty after the first $3,000 in quarterly gross revenue per commercial product"

So is that after $3,000 each quarter, so the first $3000 each quarter there is no royalties to Epic?

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
67. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 2, 2015, 13:24 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 12:48:
You must have missed my post right below yours:
The two screens are 1200px by 1080px each, so not that different from the OR DK2 resolution of 960 by 1080 per eye. Oculus claims their consumer version will be better than 1080P so if we assume they will use a single 1440P screen, that would be 1280 by 1440 per eye at 90Hz, which would be superior.
The screens are not 1080 x 1920

Got it, so the pixels are:
vs 1440P 30% less
vs 1080P 20% more

So decent hardware today will run it.

Thx

17. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 11:28 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 11:15:
The only problem with the game is that it doesn't handle refresh rates higher than 60hz well.

Right and under to. Too much of the games speed mechanics are built around the frames.

I do agree better/smoother gun play/targeting.

As for people who crash in Skyrim, there is always going to be someone crashing the pc, but if you go by forum feedback, it was greatly improved on.

And going into the console to fix a quest bug isn't a engine thing.

I would like to see in the details that this is only being developed for the new generation consoles, that should also help us out over here on the pc.

Better models, again not an engine thing, would be nice to.

12. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 11:03 HorrorScope

#1 reason to keep the engine as is. They understand how to allow modders to easily mod anything. You change it to something else and expect a major shift in modding. I could be wrong.

I still feel their engine (assume it gets improved as well) delivers great gfx, great frames, huge seamless worlds. AND with Skyrim they fixed the two biggest crashing bugs. AKA it just got good, why kill it?

63. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 2, 2015, 10:55 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 07:04:
AR to me is VR that also tracks your place in a physical space, it's one more dimension to a seated VR experience. I don't assume that "AR" means google glass, where I only see a HUD of my reality.

Interesting I would think AR is google glass, you see reality as-is and you augment it with a hud or perhaps something else, but like an overlay to reality.

VR is everything you see is fictitious and computer generated. Walking around and that being taken into account in the headesets visual to me doesn't move over to AR and it is just a UI device for VR. As a controller can do the same thing, just your bodies actions are different.

62. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 2, 2015, 10:49 HorrorScope

Slick wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 06:56:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 01:27:
Update: Samsung's Galaxy S6 will use a 1440P screen, specifically with VR in mind. I suspect this will be the screen we see in the OR.

THIS is good news. 1440p seems to be a reasonable line-in-the-sand as a minimum for text legibility. I upsample my DK2 to 1440p in E:D and it makes the UI usable, barely. 1080p native is unusable for the font sizes used IMO.

However, this would still pale in comparison with 2x 1080 screens. a 16:9 screen splits to an 8:9 ratio square for each eye. however if you close one eye you can tell that your eye's natural monocular vision is very "portrait" by nature. 2x 16:9 screens would seem to make that "wrap around" effect much more pronounced.

Yep 2 1080's is very nice and above a single 1440P. It is 12% more pixels than 1440P. And 1440P is 44% more pixels than single 1080P.

That said, is it two true panels that need the power of the PC to move all those pixels individually? Or is there something built into the hardware that takes one 1080P screen from the PC and manipulates it for the 3d affect to each eye/each panel? So the question is will my PC need to be powerful enough to move 1080P at 90fps or be powerful enough to move twin 1080P at 90?

Instead of the bigger boat, I'll need a bigger pc.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2015, 12:23.

33. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 1, 2015, 21:53 HorrorScope

Rossafur wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 21:22:
It will be interesting to see what kind of language their lawyers craft for the documentation in order to shield themselves from trip & fall injury lawsuits, haha.

And that is why you need to read to the end. I thought you were going to say patent lawsuits. Obviously someone is sitting on a bunch of VR patents.

8. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 1, 2015, 16:48 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 16:47:
If it interacts with your room (from what I can gather), shouldn't it more accurately be called AR rather than VR?

It definitely seems as if every tech manufacturer is ready to forget about 3D and jump on the next bandwagon.

I think the room part is more of just spacial travel to enhance the in-VR feeling.

5. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 1, 2015, 16:22 HorrorScope

Tom wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 16:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 15:36:
We'll see, OR does deserve some of this, taking too long. It would have been a KS fail if they didn't get the Facebook cash.
Come on. If they didn't do the FB deal or something similar, don't you think things would've played out differently? Or you think that really had no influence on their planning and decisions?

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 15:36:
Cost??
Who cares. The higher the better, I say. If they can use a higher price point to deliver a correspondingly higher quality experience, plenty of people will pay. There's plenty of time for prices to come down as time and technology advance.

What could they've afford to bring to the mass market with just their KS money, I think it shows they had to be bought out. Could be wrong. I do agree they would have been forced to release something by now. So the question is are we better served getting something decent out there or waiting a looong time for something really good? I think both sides are debatable.

As for price, you are right $3000 Star Citizen dude might not care. But I do and many others I'm sure. If it is above $400 will there be a market to develop for to get it going? Sony's $800 attempts aren't even known to the main PC gaming community. How is Samsung doing with there hybrid?

2. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 1, 2015, 15:36 HorrorScope

Two 1080P screens, in the VR world is that considered a 1080P overall screen (stereoscope) or is that better since it is two? They mention no 4K, no one expected that because what thee hell will be driving to 4k panels?

Currently the device is wired.

If the screen is curved and gives a total immersion view, then fantastic.

About the get up and walk around, they mention the purchasing of a 15'x 15' device, that is just outside what can work for me in that realm. Seems like optional enhanced features.

We'll see, OR does deserve some of this, taking too long. It would have been a KS fail if they didn't get the Facebook cash.

Cost??

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2015, 15:45.

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
161. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Mar 1, 2015, 12:15 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 13:06:
People seem to be pretending that only Republican politicians are corrupt corporate shills

I don't think many think that at all. Are we prepared to read 10 paragraph responses each and every time if we have to put in every detail and disclaimer?

I think the majority of people do pick a side but they also know neither party is doing well at this time.

Each do support both business and the little guy to some level.

However for the ease and speed of it, we try to use traits to get us in and get out. I don't think it is unfair to say Repubs gravitate more toward business needs than Dems do. And Dems seems to be more about the little guy more than Repubs are. That's all. To me it seems pretty clear like that and some for each party would agree without feeling ashamed.

There are plenty of republicans that believe supporting business as their mainstay. They'll counter with protecting business, they can allow them to create jobs for the Joe's, that it starts there and Trickles(tm) down and to a degree, I agree with that. But I was an ideology shifter once the trickle stopped.

Another reasonable argument for pro-business is if we don't allow them world class protections, other countries will and business will gradually move towards those countries. That happens plenty already. Just like if you are against cloning, or any other out front controversial issue, if we don't allow it, then that will give other countries advantages over us. It's complicated.

Doing business into the US isn't easy, with regulated commodities we have basically 50 different countries, each state has their by-laws. We also have business putting city and state against each other for "corporate welfare" because of these differences between 50 states competing. In an ideal situation this wouldn't happen, but to have that you would need things like only a federal tax system. So you can't move business from CA to TX just to gain some tax money back. It's complicated.

Perhaps a deeper thought, we are still in the middle of the wild west and aren't realizing it. It really isn't over until it is one country with zero states. Perhaps that is what people are fighting over without making that comparison. The states still represent the rebellious side of things, where a singular country puts us in unison of one gov't.

I am an independent, because I am not out for political gain in what I do, so there is no reason imo to align. I align more to liberal thoughts over just one simple belief, which I believe is a fact and that is people are different. Respect it, don't give it lip service and then make policy against it.

And any political debate like this, just proves to me again, people are different simply by reading all the comments, surprise.

I believe one party represents this difference more than the other.

I believe parties like humans are dynamic and complex. Some issues each side believes in have other issues they believe in to that when you compare them together, you think how can Repubs/Dems believe in this and also believe in that to? It doesn't add up, but that is the complexities, those are the strange twists each party has, which makes it all the more confusing and harder to easily convey.

I believe even though I have a liberal slant, that my ideals are not really possible in the world we live in. But that doesn't mean we should not have a continual (and not back breakin) effort to raising the bar in all things. To me if we can achieve that, then we are a success as a species.

So did you make it this far? If not, then that is my point, are we going to give you a 1/2 hours worth of thought in every political answer? No. We use traits. If you think the trait is wrong, then tell us why.

On topic of Net Neutrality, I agree with anyone who thinks this. "At face value this seems to be a win for the Joe's over big business. However, until we see it play out, I'm really unsure if it will really be a win for the people". I'm pretty much like that with any big law and history I think justifies that caution. They don't all fail to deliver, but when they do they stain the process in whole.

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2015, 12:27.

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations 2 Local Co-op Mod
5. Re: Resident Evil 2 Local Co-op Mod Mar 1, 2015, 11:36 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 06:32:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 13:40:
One knew this was coming, so is online possible?

With this mod is this coop for the main game?

Yes, online co-op works fine. FOr some reason, publishers seem to think that PC gamers have no interest in local co-op so they often cut said feature from PC ports to reduce costs. I'm sure that was the case here and, as this mod proves, re-enabling the feature is relatively trivial. Capcom will most likely restore local co-op in a future patch.

Are you sure, have you done it?

This game has confused me to hell and back with the coop.

Reading the main marketing description they use the word Assistive Coop, 1 player can switch between the two characters.

Reviews only talk about Local Coop Campaign. (Pc now via a 3rd party mod)

No talk about online coop.

Steam has no mention of coop anymore, anywhere.

I've read when the last episode is released Raid Online Coop will be available.

Just sayin...

News Comments > DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Trailer
10. Re: DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Trailer Feb 28, 2015, 19:08 HorrorScope

Alamar wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 19:02:
Lastly... Sins is being sold as a separate game for PC... I big fuck you, as it's adding a slight bit of extra content, but a better graphics engine, and the two versions can't play together...

Thanks for the info, next...

News Comments > DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Trailer
6. Re: DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin Trailer Feb 28, 2015, 14:23 HorrorScope

Overon wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 10:10:
This is a trailer?

Yeah right? And to be honest it looks hideous. For those that bag on games gfx that look quite a bit better than whatever that is being shown.

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations 2 Local Co-op Mod
2. Re: Resident Evil 2 Local Co-op Mod Feb 28, 2015, 13:40 HorrorScope

One knew this was coming, so is online possible?

With this mod is this coop for the main game?

4574 Comments. 229 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo