Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5608 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 23, 2015, 17:25 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 17:10:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 14:39:
"5 percent the cost of current displays, it could see far cheaper smartphones"

I'll bet the farm Apple will gladly take that 95% savings for themselves.

Yeah, but when all the competition are selling phones that do the same thing for $5 how many people are really going to still be forking over $500 to Apple?

A: Whatever market is they have today. That many.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 23, 2015, 14:39 HorrorScope

"5 percent the cost of current displays, it could see far cheaper smartphones"

I'll bet the farm Apple will gladly take that 95% savings for themselves.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale
52. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 13:36 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 08:16:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 01:49:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 00:09:
Lmao, did you guys see Dungeon Lords reared it's ugly head again and it's now a fuukin Steam game! Lol_dies

Yeah that's a true lol. Fucking crap ass game won't die, it should have never lived.

i did see the ol' DUNG LORDS make an appearance

apparently its "awesome" now...

This will be like it's 30th awesome release and then zero support on the bugs it has and it will have them and then the promises and then silence until the next big release of the same turd. This game could be fun, now in a very old school way, but whoever now owns rights to the game... it is cursed and deserves no love, just death, death by fire.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2015, 14:38.

48. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 01:49 HorrorScope

Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 00:09:
Lmao, did you guys see Dungeon Lords reared it's ugly head again and it's now a fuukin Steam game! Lol_dies

Yeah that's a true lol. Fucking crap ass game won't die, it should have never lived.

43. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 22:37 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 21:11:
Most games you're barely getting started by the 2 hour mark. There's no way to know if it's going to be a fair assessment in so short a time.

Oh well, work fast. Beats no refund. It's more a "does my shitty pc that I don't know how to really work, play this game?" test.

27. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 18:04 HorrorScope

Quick some one find a game that raised their price then put itself on sale and then blame Gabe for global warming as this is the shitties sale ever, anywhere. Personally I blame starforce and the lawyer in kramer vs kramer.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 21, 2015, 11:46 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 00:14:
SlimRam wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 00:10:
Uhhh, lil bit wild that 'Squad'is number 3? Holy shit, I mean the game looks pretty cool but DAMN are people buyin' it up this fast? It looks HUGE and definitely has a Battlefield vibe going on but I didn't realize the game was this popular? Has anyone here tried it? Is it too huge or is it nasty combat between 100 people?

The Steam weekly sales charts aren't always a good indication of popularity. GTAV has sold over 3.5 million units. FO4 has sold over 2.5 million. CS:GO has sold around 18 million units. Squad has sold around 40k.

40k isn't a bad number for an early access indie game with no marketing but it isn't quite as popular as the charts would suggest.

I assume the following unless there is new game at the top, if a new game isn't at the top of the list then all the sales numbers for that week are a lot less than we think. I'm sure there are some exceptions, perhaps a really deep discount, but you can use Steam Spy and get numbers before and after a week and do some math. Games are like movies for the most part, they blow their nut and then drop well off.

News Comments > New Conan Game Planned
14. Re: New Conan Game Planned Dec 18, 2015, 13:13 HorrorScope

Acleacius wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 12:04:
Almost everyone liked the starter island, but once you left it went down hill fast. Iirc, I don't think it did nearly as well as LotR, when it went F2P.

And that was a looong time ago now. The starter island today wouldn't even be much a draw now, I think.

News Comments > New Conan Game Planned
13. Re: New Conan Game Planned Dec 18, 2015, 13:12 HorrorScope

JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 11:55:
Actually, something along the lines of Shadows of Mordor would fit well with Conan.

Just replace all the Wraith-fueled magic with Cimmerian combat badassery.

-Jn-

Do they have the talent to make a game like that? IMO Mordor is a coat tail type game off the Batman engine. A lot of fun things happen with that setup.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Free Weekend
4. Re: Sword Coast Legends Free Weekend Dec 17, 2015, 22:10 HorrorScope

Free weekend.

Edit:
Diablo isn't the word to describe this game it isn't an ARPG.

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2015, 10:45.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Free Weekend
2. Re: Sword Coast Legends Free Weekend Dec 17, 2015, 20:44 HorrorScope

My first 30 minutes feels awful, this feels like a true indy game. As I've been stating many threads now, the bar is higher now in gaming, I'm not really jonesing for anything, so the quality has to be high. I'm not sure this game has a proper gameplay feel to it and then it is pretty bland gfx wise.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
24. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 12:45 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 11:50:
... or maybe they just LOD the shit out of that stuff until they optimize it (again, last...). Why on earth do people keep assuming these tech demos directly translate into end game visuals? The sheen and polish and over-detailed scenes are the absolute last thing they will work on.

To be honest the hype you just laid down there is the last things I want to hear about. Again how many times do we set ourselves up for disappointment? Eternally? Let those that think it's bleh think that, then if you are correct in your assumption, they can have their socks knocked off when the time comes. We'll see exactly how much sheen this eventually gets. But lets just not assume it gets better because... because we've been disappointed too many times already. Just do.

News Comments > Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets
17. Re: Star Citizen Procedurally Generated Planets Dec 17, 2015, 11:45 HorrorScope

Some of the current releases show me that stating you have a million or a billion and possibly even just 10,000 systems in the galaxy isn't a feature, it's a path to boredom and imo a way for them to keep everyone separated enough so it isn't taxing servers. I just think of them as instances and oh my that is a record amount of instances. Probably why some rather have a smaller scale single player game, you know pack the fun into it. Probably just a 100-500 is all we need to keep it big but also tight.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access
42. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 16, 2015, 18:57 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 12:23:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 10:11:
To me this is an excessive cost ($60) for an add on.

EA comes from the Steam page, that is what it states.

The $60 price is for the full game: The original E:D plus the Horizons expansion.

You are correct. It is $45 for many owners of Elite today that didn't get in on the KS deal, imo that is too high. This is more specific and accurate saying it this way.

News Comments > Dying Light The Following Story Trailer
5. Re: Dying Light The Following Story Trailer Dec 16, 2015, 18:51 HorrorScope

ItBurn wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 17:44:
I'd really like to like Dying Light. On paper it's just my type of game. But I find it kinda boring. I hate the melee system. I'm a hoarder type, so the inventory system is a nightmare. Your weapons break after like 3 hits. Why would I upgrade them? They break instantly!

All mod-able, I'd even on request send it to a drop box file for a person to use or the steps to do it. Added some more stamina on the low end, tripled weapon longevity which does allow weapons to last a reasonable time and other things. I just started playing a few weeks ago and while I still thought it was good, there were some apparent things I didn't care for like what you mention. Basically unzip Data0.pak, edit a fairly human readable text file, repack, play. The mods that do this in nexus are crazy extreme making you a super hero, there is tweaking (what it needed) and then butchering the system.

Pc gaming, take it into your own hands if need be.

33. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 16, 2015, 10:13 HorrorScope

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 23:42:
If you are a beta backer or sooner, you get everything they release for free. If you're one of those guys who paid $150 (or more) to kickstart the game, it's paying off now.

Right. Great for them, really. But that isn't what the convo is about, it's about them asking $60 for this, whatever, probably as boring as shit anyway.

Also, they still tried to schyster people with that original Elite trailer.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2015, 10:45.

32. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 16, 2015, 10:11 HorrorScope

To me this is an excessive cost ($60) for an add on.

EA comes from the Steam page, that is what it states.

News Comments > The Climb Announced
28. Re: The Climb Announced Dec 15, 2015, 21:47 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 12:50:
Seriously? This is what they're bringing to the VR table? These are tech demos, not games.

I think we are going to see both, we should see both. I'm sure there are some new 3d games that will make a lot of sense to do and possibly even a game changer.

7. Re: The Climb Announced Dec 15, 2015, 10:30 HorrorScope

MindStalker3 wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 10:25:
As a climber I'm kinda offended that this doesn't seem to use your feet at all. Feet are arguably more important than hands in climbing. I know it would be very difficult to make a good foot interface though. I could picture this game actually being interesting if it had real challenging routes in which you use your feet and hands. Climbing is puzzle solving, and there are nearly infinite combinations possible. Such a game could actually be a decent trainer for new situations.

Ah, you are describing Climb 2.

5. Re: The Climb Announced Dec 15, 2015, 10:07 HorrorScope

ViRGE wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 09:38:
But after the novelty wears off it doesn't seem like there's going to be any reason to play it again.

I get your overall point, but the above for me applies to plenty of conventional video games as well.

5608 Comments. 281 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo