Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3020 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 26, 2014, 16:29 HorrorScope

From the horses mouth:

"Nvidia played up the gaming possibilities of the new board after CEO Jen-Hsun Huang introduced the Titan Z "

I won't argue it can or will be used for something else. I'm still sticking with there are a lot of people with so much cash. They'd spend 10 grand. Possible a 100K.

So lol back at yah!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 26, 2014, 15:50 HorrorScope

Forward leaning posture issues. I actually have some damaged cartilage at the top of my spine over related issues and my neck if a bit forward in alignment to my body. Cause, too low of a monitor. Possible issues... breathing.  

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
148. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 15:43 HorrorScope

It seems OR doesn't hold any patents. A person called this about a year ago about OR...

"With no patent and a seemingly simple design (or so it seems from the teardowns I've watched), I could quite easily imagine a big company to swoop in."

It is underhanded what has happened with the Kickstarters. I was wondering where is the product. Seems for a while they new they existed to be bought out.

This isn't what VR needed. This is egg on the face. It needed a great product, great support at a great price. No hiccups in the hype machine. Because you mess this up and it's see you in 10-20 years for attempt 3 or 4. His lip service to us was spot on, but now you can't help but think what happened was the plan all along.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2014, 15:54.

139. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 12:32 HorrorScope

Pr()ZaC wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 07:43:
Valve VR will fix this.

They just gave their top VR guy and their stuff to OR just a week or two ago.

Valve would have been the best company for us to have purchased Palmer.

Facebook on the lower end.

Worst contrary to Forbes would have been MS. They would have bogart'd that on the Bone. The reason they didn't buy is the Bone isn't strong enough to drive it.

If Palmer is true to his words, this could still work out. Just a total 180 turn on us, my neck still hurts.

Long term what would worry me the most is what patents do they have and how that would stop someone else from running with the original vision.

137. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 12:28 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 03:46:
Two things I don't understand: why everyone is so excited about wearing this goofy bulky thing on their head and looking like a tool

Everyone doesn't have the inhibitions you do. Next.

45. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 21:55 HorrorScope

To Cutter's point about this not ever being cool.

It just did, it's obviously now socially accepted since it will be a Facebook product. Now the question is will I have one before Grandma?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 25, 2014, 21:53 HorrorScope

Brilliant. There has to be gamers out there where money is no object. Sucks I'm not one.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Mar 25, 2014, 21:51 HorrorScope

You know where I'm heading...  

38. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 21:46 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 21:40:
Some predictions for you to mock in the near future:

1) People will huff and puff for a few days, some will (and have, or have claimed they have) cancel their DK2 preorder.

2) Things will quieten down but every time there's some news about the Rift, plenty of people will bitch about Facebook's involvement and blame FB for everything they don't like.

3) Once people receive their DK2, the ratio of excitement to anger will switch back in the Rift's favour.

4) By the time that CV1 is out, nearly everyone will have made their peace with this and plenty of boycotts will be quietly abandoned, but not all.

5) Those who hold out will have nagging doubts and snap up the first decent alternative.

As long as they ship the CV1, in the state that we largely expect (let's face it, it will be flawed), Oculus has done it's job as far as I'm concerned. Prove it's doable, prove it's profitable and then probably fade either into obscurity or move into markets that are irrelevant to us.

Here is all that needs to happen: It has to be good. Be priced reasonably. And have game support like we were thinking.

The end.

If that doesn't happen, Facebook fucked it up in the court of public opinion.

30. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 21:27 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 21:20:
If you believe him, this is very encouraging. If you believe him.

I want to. We'll see.

29. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 21:25 HorrorScope

Qbex . wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 21:03:
I'm gutted, my hope for affordable and open VR headset to play Elite:D is gone. I'm not supporting this and I doubt O:R it will succeed as a gaming device now. Theirs momentum was fueled by developers, modders and early supporters but now its the money that talks. I expect standard business model for this - high return of investment, ads, big companies deals etc. EPIC disappointment

There will be a lot of interesting articles in the the near future about this. And just think Valve just gave all their stuff away to. It can still be what we wanted, but it was a no-brainer where it was going before. Now we have questions that will need to be answered.

27. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 21:23 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 20:53:
Can you really see your average household family of four sitting around the dinner table wearing these cumbersome things on their heads?

This is what typically people think as the age. Change will happen with or without you. If not now... soon. Yes I can see this working if it is good, our children's children will not know of a world without it.

If it can do what Zurks says he wants it to do, it will be another changer and probably cost jobs making the world smaller yet.

26. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 21:20 HorrorScope

Wookiestick wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 20:46:
I had to check the date to make sure it wasn't April 1st.

That was my absolute first thought...

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 25, 2014, 20:40 HorrorScope

Great so we get to pay for two expensive pieces all in one.  

9. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 20:37 HorrorScope

Fuck me.

Palmer Lucky... if anyone was ever named right. Dude played it well, perfect hype, never a shipped consumer product. Bought out at a crazy high price.

It's not that it still can't work, but man this really has a chance of fucking the gamers.

“After games, we’re going to make Oculus a platform for many other experiences,” Zucky Zucks

Please don't fuck this up.

5. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 25, 2014, 20:33 HorrorScope

Fuck me.

Palmer Lucky... if anyone was ever named right. Dude played it well, perfect hype, never a shipped consumer product. Bought out at a crazy high price.

It's not that it still can't work, but man this really has a chance of fucking the gamers.

“After games, we’re going to make Oculus a platform for many other experiences,”

Please don't fuck this up.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined
22. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 25, 2014, 15:52 HorrorScope

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 11:34:
How come no one is talking about how flawless this was?

It should have been. This is like their 4th try at getting this game right. It's been out for a few coon's ages now. Oh yes, impressed.

News Comments > Molyneux: Indie Revival "Won't Last"
32. Re: Molyneux: Indie Revival Mar 25, 2014, 13:42 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 12:54:
What has he done since arguably Fable, arguably B&W, definitely Dungeon Keeper, that qualifies as "very good?"
I'd say nothing past Dungeon Keeper is "very good." B&W was interesting but flawed, the Fable series is alright but forgettable, same with The Movies, and everything else is gibberish.

That's nearly a 20 year streak of "just alright."

I agree. And if he just didn't do anything that would be ok to. But he has and more to the point it is what he says, what he promises, those things aren't truthful at all many times. How many lies are we to pardon? That is the crux.

The crap like the cube and godus. Just crap. He has no respect for the gamer imo today, so why should we?

29. Re: Molyneux: Indie Revival Mar 25, 2014, 13:39 HorrorScope

BitWraith wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 11:34:
The guy is one of the great, classic game creators. Show some flipping respect.

Great gone bad and it's not like he is 80 and has Oldtimers. He's just gone down the wrong path now a long time ago. His views are almost always against what the hard core would want. He's actually an ass and has no problem lying to sell. Milo. EOS.

12. Re: Molyneux: Indie Revival Mar 25, 2014, 11:15 HorrorScope

This situation he describes assumes the indy's don't understand or learned a damn thing. In most of their talkings to us, they talk like they've all learned valuable lessons. But it's Pete, he never learns from his mistakes, so I'm not surprised he thinks what he does.

Totally different landscape. I will say there are a lot of games being released and there could be a point where it is too much that there is some correction. Nothing more than that. So much right is going on here.

3020 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo