Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3376 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 15, 2014, 15:49 HorrorScope

I didn't read NVidia was going to charge us less. Just perhaps cheaper for them to make. We'll see.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 15, 2014, 15:45 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 13:58:
"We'll just let the NSA look into them."

Yeah we can't help but think there is a loop hole here, NSA, hired 3rd Party no named MS. It's what they get when we are lied to, trust is hard to gain back.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 15, 2014, 15:41 HorrorScope

Yeah but think about it, I'd like to abandonded:

Paying for power and having solar free-installed for me handle the job.

I'd like to abandon my car payment, my mortgage, me cell phone, or at least be a lot less in cost.

It isn't surprising people want to abandon an expense, but why is it an expense? Because we want what they offer.

Now we know the people we are dealing with are shitheads and all, but there is a cost to all of this. Their service and maint, their overhead, studio fee's etc. It perhaps could be cheaper, then their employees will take another round of cutback.

Probably a more reasonable solution is we need jobs that pay better in general and have real room for cost of living increases.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 15, 2014, 15:32 HorrorScope

OP and the like, what I read is "Do it the way we tell you and not the way you feel". It's capitalism and people are speaking with their dollars. Obviously there is a strong desire for a open world sandbox survival game, people are out sampling, trying to find what they are looking for, que the U2 song... Also they can buy 4 of these for the price of one AA, in hopes to land a good one. I personally find it fun trying out different builds with the one's I have chosen to support.

IMO big difference knowing and playing something in development vs a company thinking they have released a finished product that is all buggy and little to no support is coming our way.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 9
1. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 9 Jun 15, 2014, 15:09 HorrorScope

The gaming tray might just work.  

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
38. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 15, 2014, 13:10 HorrorScope

Gruntstein wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 12:38:
I have a feeling that Valve has something similar to Destiny up their sleeves

HL3 with drop in and out Coop?

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jun 15, 2014, 13:09 HorrorScope

Quboid wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 12:46:
In a busy city there's probably a profitable niche in being a place to unplug and disconnect, or for those who get irrationally angry at the sight of others using technology. That would need to be a ban on all screens and, somehow, ringtones.

I love those type... those that get irrationally angry when people use tech in their presence even if they aren't with them and are a total stranger. Totally a phenomenon and most that get angry don't even get it, that if they were able to witness others doing it from above, they would have a "aha" moment themselves. Some people are downright vicious. Some actually shoot people, to me it's an issue with them not the user.

6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jun 15, 2014, 12:20 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 02:42:
Cafes don't want wifi users anymore, because they sit there for five hours nursing a bottle of fucking water. And they take up a table where they could also seat a family of 3 that wants to have lunch.

It surprises me it's taken them this long to finally do something about it. Panera is always full of wifi leechers, and you're standing there with 30 bucks worth of lunch, and you have no place to sit.

Right. And what we have here is a diversion, they blame the wrong thing in hopes that what their real goal is pans out. Why not just say "We need to move more butts through our doors to stay in business" imo that wins, because it's the truth and hey anyone with an ounce gets it. This isn't home, it's a business.

But blame electronics and blank stares and substitute it with other things that are anti-social, but classical.

34. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 15, 2014, 11:03 HorrorScope

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 02:21:
After spending the last 2 hours in a 3 man group taking on missions and then the final alpha boss, I have to say that I am going to pre-order this. It's just a lot of fun. Reminds me of Borderlands playing co-op.

Does it have a story being acted out like BL's? Another part of BL's that I like is the over the top characters and how it all is easily followable by them talking to us in the top right as we continue to move and fight. I still credit that was the magic that is System Shock 2 back in the day. Telling the story as we continue to play, not stop get story, go play, stop get story. Does Destiny deliver its story in a BL fashion as well? And what is the term we used to describe story telling like this?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2014, 22:35 HorrorScope

Thief for $15 on Steam.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 8
5. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 8 Jun 14, 2014, 20:53 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Jun 14, 2014, 15:28:
I wasn't impressed with BF4 at all, but something about the new Hardline is immensely fun and satisfying even if I'm stating so within the honeymoon period of beta.

My boy, who didn't seem to have much technical difficulty with BF4 said, this thing (the new one) is already better and more fun than BF4. He was pretty impressed.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 14, 2014, 16:59 HorrorScope

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jun 14, 2014, 13:11:
The HD version of Sleeping Dogs is also listed for the preferred platform of the PC Master Race.

WTF was released?

18. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 14, 2014, 16:59 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Jun 14, 2014, 16:41:
im pretty sure it will happen eventually.. could take a year or two after console release tho

Going from past experiences with their products, the moment right after most don't give a shit any more. Perhaps that was a MS thing though, they were very good at making sure it was long enough that the release losses almost all interest. I think it validates their marketing team "See the PC market sucks!"

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
22. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jun 14, 2014, 16:43 HorrorScope

Georgia the state that is going live with full on carrying open weapons in a month. 2 shootings in two Waffle Houses in 2 weeks! I always knew it was a great idea to carry guns in mass, it made sense in the wild west and it will make sense in today's PC world with social media and instant news coverage. This is just getting good.

Carlin never being wrong... "You learn nothing from history".

All these people that want to deregulate everything because they think it give freedoms. There is a very sane reason why they became regulated, but we'll get to learn this all over again. History...

2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jun 14, 2014, 16:39 HorrorScope

Right and looking into a book with a blank stare and day-dreaming with a blank stare is better than using electronic gizmo's. I get it, they want to live in the past to.  

14. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 14, 2014, 16:34 HorrorScope

Blah blah its very different.

Blah blah its very hard to do.

Blah blah we're looking at it closely.

You either are or you aren't. Obviously someone inside Bungie thinks it is devilishly clever just not to say it one way or the other.

Keep it if you must, we'll survive.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 7
4. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 7 Jun 13, 2014, 21:45 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 19:40:
Agreed! I, for one, am simply appalled by the lack of sensitivity shown by the white man! All I ask is for just one single game, just one, that has a bi-racial black/asian transgendered dwarf as its main protagonist. I mean honestly, is that really too much to ask?

That's why I play RPG's with deep character building. They're out there, it isn't our fault that the mainstream only buy pop-culture games. IMO that is something they can improve on, as a critic of the media.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 6
14. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 6 Jun 13, 2014, 19:51 HorrorScope

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 12:44:
Personally I think Microsoft has made a fantastic contribution to PC gaming this year. By killing GFWL.

They did because there were still enough clueless producers that would continue to use it. How could they have not gotten the memo from fans? Entire marketing teams at many houses should have been gutted.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 6
13. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 6 Jun 13, 2014, 19:49 HorrorScope

ViRGE wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 11:28:
Spencer explains why Microsoft didn't bring Windows games to E3.
Not to be snarky, but Microsoft makes more money off of Xbox games than PC games. PC gaming is still a profit center for them, but when it's not the most profitable gaming business it's not going to be the center of attention.

If they never made an Xbox and only made PC games and peripherals, bottom line they would have been further ahead. But they've gone all in a long time ago, so they just trek down a path of hopefully break-even'ish.

News Comments > Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification
27. Re: Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification Jun 13, 2014, 19:45 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 11:32:
If Mac owners want Star Citizen, they should buy a pc.

Fixed it for you.

3376 Comments. 169 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo