Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 5610 (Guru)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift
4. Re: Lucky's Tale Bundled with Oculus Rift Jan 1, 2016, 16:06 HorrorScope

Why am I looking at 3rd person views? Why?

Trying to sell young kids this device that needs a PC to drive, yeah that's good marketing to.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
15. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 31, 2015, 15:54 HorrorScope

Luke wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 14:30:
sure sure they sell 500mbit speed but you will never get that at home scam yet again from the isp

I'd like to have someone offer that to me in my area for less than $80... and I'd try to it out and see.

14. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 31, 2015, 15:52 HorrorScope

PHJF wrote on Dec 31, 2015, 11:58:
I've been on cable for about 15-18 years in Ohio, in and near metro areas, and haven't seen my speed improve. It was AWESOME downloading at 2MB/s... in 2000... and now I have playback issues on youtube 90% of the time. Here's to progress.

Wow that's crappy, cable at only 2 MB/s, that sounds like DSL. My dad in NE Ohio does way better than that and could go higher if he wanted to pay. Probably could approach 100 MB/s.

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 31, 2015, 11:29 HorrorScope

I more than tripled mine... I switched to a much smaller ISP. Too bad everyone doesn't have the choice. I'm still just 1/10th of fiber though.  

News Comments > Steam Christmas Issues Explained
19. Re: Steam Christmas Issues Explained Dec 31, 2015, 11:28 HorrorScope

It's not easy getting answers from lawyers during the holiday season.

That said, I ordered my "I survived Steam's Christmas Fail" Tee, it's in the mail. Loud and proud.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Dec 30, 2015, 18:23 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Dec 30, 2015, 14:32:
war isnt nation vs nation.. its man vs man - thats why its such a fucking horror...

nobody understands shit until it happens to them and thats the problem - they are locked into their own little world, mistakenly imagining it to be the whole wide world out there - and everybody does this, confusing their own private bullshit for how "it really is" because they cant accept how insignificant they really are in the actual BIG scheme of things... every little personal thing has to be universally relevant - its just ass-backwards

Lot of truth in that. War is nation to nation and man to man imo. Yeah I'm pretty disgusted how too many people are ok with war as if it's a spectacle and if someone looks at you wrong... WAR!, especially when it isn't any of theirs. I honestly I'm hung up on why people want machine guns in their home and think that is an ideal world to live in and/or think the boogie man is coming to get them and then praise be to the God of Love, Jesus. Hmmm...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 28, 2015, 14:18 HorrorScope

Yes the numbers are what they are, no matter if you think it is goofy or not. I always catch myself right at this point....

If I'm making fun of something new for whatever reason, then I'm acting old, like every generation of parents have over 1000's of years and in the end they are proven wrong.

So why continue the insanity? It is what it is, me liking it or not that is one thing, doesn't make it any less real though.

Should be no surprise, do you see more kids really into sports or into video games. Now the cream gets to rise to the top.

News Comments > Steam Issues Fixed
41. Re: Steam Gets A Pass, Again? Dec 27, 2015, 13:35 HorrorScope

Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 12:36:
Anyway, what happens at Steam is the same with any large corporation and/or government entity for the past decade or two.

Act as if nothing has happened.
Start up the spin and damage control.
Create multiple stories none of which are fully true.
Let the smoke and mirrors confuse until the matter becomes a moot point.

Correct. The main goal is to temper liability. Like when a company is found guilty in court, the company never agrees and fully denies publicly afterward. Coming clean and admittance opens up liability. And well since people want to sue on the drop of that hat... this is what you get. It's single humans vs group humans. All humans though, most trying to do their best with what is given.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Dec 27, 2015, 13:31 HorrorScope

Another american fail, a f'in pin on a CC like a Debit Card is still better and all that was needed and since we are all used to them... But now this chip and the problems it can bring at a register and how is that any better anyway. A thief gets a hold of my card, he has the f'in chip on the card, he wouldn't have my pin. Dumb is dumb.  

40. Re: Steam Issues Fixed Dec 27, 2015, 12:46 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 08:10:
This shit would have never of happened if the dumb fuck tech illiterate gamers didn't give money to steam and gabe, mmo's and the like pushed this drm online crapware upon us.

I bet in your world, I'd have 10 x less games to choose from at 3x the cost. So would I give up this fear of Steam DRM, which to date has been next to zero hassle for me. As for the Christmas problem, I expect my life will not be affected by it, other than maybe some downtime due to the problem. Oh well.

But sure over-state it, insult us even, but this platform was good enough for publishers to jump in and not be scared of it. They wouldn't have in mass without DRM. GOG they came via a back door coat tail of Steam as some publishers of new games have ok'd no DRM. Steam brought on the Indy scene to, anyone can now get their game out to the masses.

If you like another online store method, great. But I'm confident they aren't what they are without Steam and us dummies changing the game delivery landscape forever. You're Welcome.

38. Re: Steam Issues Fixed Dec 27, 2015, 12:13 HorrorScope

Suppa7 wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 08:29:
The historical illiteracy your post displays is uncanny, do you know anything about the history of capitalism at all? You and most other idiots espousing utter nonsense. What do you think the spying is for? The elite fear people stop obeying the dictates of the rich and corporations and trying to change society for the better.

There is a reason they try not to cover Bernie all that much. The others are off on the hot topic of the day, smoke-screening, nothing happens, they are well aware of that, so no harm there.

Bernie is all about how to strengthen the middle class pretty much 24/7. The news you can see are right in bed, they do as much as they can to silence him, direct orders from above. What is funny is when they do their little daily goody good pieces, they are liberal in slant, they talk about equality and all that. But when they get a guy talking the talk that is running for president, the powers step in and say no. You can run your little liberal better life pieces, but you can't actually talk about a man who could technically make these more equal life for all changes.

He's the only one threatening the establishment with talk of a better future for more people, which the elite think that means it would be worse for them. I'm starting to believe it's a phobia. Instead of millions upon billions, they'd have a bit less than that. The horror.

37. Re: Steam Issues Fixed Dec 27, 2015, 12:06 HorrorScope

NewMaxx wrote on Dec 27, 2015, 04:41:
I've worked the industry, too. When something like this happens you pull the plug.

I only say this because it is a clear sign that Valve's management style has started to lean a little bit too liberal.

When you have a community like that, who takes responsibility?

Got it all figured out, to answer your question... The boss, in business liberal or not, you have a boss and if you don't they won't be in business long. Some are assuming Valve is some communal now? Sure they may have some progressive ideas and policies, I'm confident they also have a chain of command for things that need it.

6. Re: Steam Issues Fixed Dec 26, 2015, 13:11 HorrorScope

Omni wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 12:40:
But yeah another security flaw at valve. Multi-million $ company not capable of running there shit.

When there are monthly o/s security patches and regular security patches for many apps we use. To even think we are secure is absurd. Limitless holes. Good thing that there are credit protections and well as bad as it is, it isn't something that hits you over and over again.

5. Re: Steam Issues Fixed Dec 26, 2015, 13:10 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 11:51:
What a bunch of incompetent shitcocks. I had massive login issues, then Steam changed the language every two minutes and ignored trying to reset it to English, it was completely fucked up for several hours yesterday.

This is something that plain should not happen if there were professionals at work behind the Steam curtains. This incidence reaffirms my notion that Valve is a bunch of amateurs held together by a fat blob in the center called Gabe.

If I could I'd take my 300+ games elsewhere instantly. Fuck those amateur clowns.

You have a point until I realize all companies treat us the same. Like why would anyone think if another company was in valves shoes think it would be much any different? Born last night?

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X
32. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Dec 25, 2015, 17:06 HorrorScope

Bradley wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 00:34:
Osc8r wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 21:42:
I hope they ramp up the difficult in this and in DOS 2.

Once i got out of the starter area the game was wayyyyy too easy.

Still a great game though.

I must be doing something wrong. I've tried to play this multiple times and no matter where I go from the starter town I get completely crushed in the first or second round of any fight.

In the EE version they added more comments and hints on where to go from town. West Gate up towards Light House is my direct tip!

News Comments > Christmas Eve Tech Bits
6. Re: Christmas Eve Tech Bits Dec 24, 2015, 22:20 HorrorScope

Got a 500 gig for $85 was it during Thanks G. That gives you plenty of room to move games in and out of it, that one currently plays and can benefit from the SSD speed.  

12. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 24, 2015, 22:18 HorrorScope

Osc8r wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 21:42:
I hope they ramp up the difficult in this and in DOS 2.

Once i got out of the starter area the game was wayyyyy too easy.

Still a great game though.

Yep. Check out the mod at Nexus it helps and adds quite a bit to it all. It is something modifiable, for example I added +2 to max AP and Per Turn for the AI. Give them some more points to do something and a few other changes. The game isn't hard enough if you push it.

11. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 24, 2015, 22:15 HorrorScope

LittleMe wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 17:51:
WaltC wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 15:47:
it is also difficult for me to understand why game companies even bother to pay for OS X/Linux ports of their games, or why OS X/Linux "gamers" (I feel those are oxymorons) are willing to wait months and years on second-rate game ports that often never come at all.

It seems to me that publishers and developers view it as a longer term investment and as a protest against Windows control of the marketplace. It also keeps a healthy fear in MS that they can't strong arm the industry without consequences. Choice is freedom.

IMO in this games cases and other KS's, they put those versions in there to get as much money as they can to make goal. Larian was in no hurray to deliver these timely.

News Comments > Christmas Eve Tech Bits
2. Re: Christmas Eve Tech Bits Dec 24, 2015, 14:28 HorrorScope

Just saying... there is a nice peaceful world of no over-clocking and SLI'ing. You may have to set shadows to medium more often that way, but what do you get? A solid running system with little to no headaches.  

2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 24, 2015, 14:26 HorrorScope

Assuming couch coop, it means you are playing with controllers. It is doable, I'm doing that with my wife. That said, it is a bit tedious managing inventory with it (sometimes between session I jump into the game K/M wise and do some clean up / prep work. But that is really the only con I have. The rest is great, moving and fighting all work well that way.

If you are talking two player but both on their own PC, it will cost you more, you won't be snuggled as much, but there is no major UI issue that way.

This is a great coop game for someone that doesn't like action games as they are too frantic for them (my wife) TB gives them all the time they need. Everything is also voiced, so the presentation is solid to.

There are so few tb coop games...

5610 Comments. 281 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo