Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3885 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 8, 2014, 13:01 HorrorScope

Story of our times...

One Genius bar employee continued: "It pained me every time an asshole asked for the manager and got what they wanted. Meanwhile, all the nice people (who actually spend money) get screwed. You know it's common because society even has a saying for it the squeaky wheel gets the grease."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2014, 11:43 HorrorScope

^But we got smart phones and because of that overall life is better, right?  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 8, 2014, 11:42 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 15:55:
Welp, no comments so far. Could #Gamergate be truly defunct as a topic?

It was always as defunct as you wanted to make it.

News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
28. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 11:37 HorrorScope

Overon wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 08:42:
Ubisoft needs Steam more than Steam needs Ubisoft.

Neither needs each other. UBI doesn't even need the PC platform.

News Comments > Evening Patches
5. Re: Evening Patches Nov 7, 2014, 22:36 HorrorScope

Is Wasteland ready to play after that monster update?  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on December 16
35. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 19:30 HorrorScope

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 15:47:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 15:07:
The complaints usually comes from from those that aren't exactly sure what Elite is and expect it to be a different game than what it is.

^ this. This game like most open world games does not work well for people expecting a Disneyland themepark where Mickey Mouse is waving at you from the left and Donald from the right every five yards and where content is thrown in your face instead of you needing to actively search for and find the content.
Even more extreme than a game like Skyrim, Elite is a game where you have to carve out your own story in this big huge universe. Use your imagination. Roleplay. Take on an active role, head out there and don't expect the game to throw stuff at you while you sit there passively munching popcorn. That's not how it works. This is not a modern dumbed down cinematic game where you just need to watch and press buttons. This is a game for active players.

Which I prefer, so that style will be in the game at release? Is it in any beta form now? Skyrim still has a story and many sides, plus a lot of do whatever you want in the middle.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on December 16
34. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 19:28 HorrorScope

Wildone wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 13:58:
Not worried, if its not there on release it will be added. They are very diligent.

So then it is sort of like EA, but stating it is finished.

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
45. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 19:27 HorrorScope

Fresh.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
2. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 7, 2014, 19:02 HorrorScope

I want my post time back.  

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
58. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 13:32 HorrorScope

NKD wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 12:45:
The skepticism around Origin didn't really pan out. Yeah, a lot of us hardcore grognards try to avoid it

Not sure what a grognard is... but hardcore, the only reason I wouldn't use anything is if it was truly shitty, didn't work and caused me a lot of headaches, that was GFWL. These other offerings and GOG's has their upcoming client coming to. If they install, I can log in and buy, download and run, I actually respect their right to do this. It is a fair business decision, I have to think all of us if in their position would be thinking the same, 30% if fucking huge to give up.

With Win 7 pc gaming has been easier and more reliable then ever. The apps are working no matter who, the fault is the entire industry not making a cooperative frontend for the users.

4. Re: The $9 Billion Witness: Meet JPMorgan Chase's Worst Nightmare Nov 7, 2014, 13:25 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 11:55:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 11:24:
Oh and if we want to be petty and shallow, who was president then? What admin in control then? Since everyone loves to play that game.

You are aware that all the post-2008 petting of the banks and not actually bringing a single fucking criminal suit against ANY of their executives all happened under Obama's watch, right? And he signed off on Holden BURYING every single shred of evidence?

But the bigger crime being the actual crime fell under the former. And whatever happens under your watch is your fault, that is how this game is played. I only say it because too many use that, I laugh at it mostly since it is ridiculous to be so black and white in a gray world.

The only right answer to the political side is they both suck, that said you might think one sucks slightly less.

But to go back to what you said, there were a lot of factors to that as well. The whole thing was pushed and rushed because advisors stated it would collapse if there wasn't an immediate action. The person in charge now wasn't happy, stated, but it was how everyone was being pushed.

But we all have to love all these fines companies get, not just this topic and the money goes to the gov't, better than nothing, sure. But those really affected do they ever really get their justice of being whole? One can argue these fines just mean higher prices for the rest of us using their services going forward.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2014, 11:53 HorrorScope

And what isn't told was they brought in a dog and they found pot and now the high up exec is facing drug possession charges.

I kid on this article, but there is a story like this that this has happened to. Talk about a real punch in the gut. So you also have civil rights issues, what if they refused to have the police enter?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2014, 11:47 HorrorScope

The Destiny article is a bit funny.  

25. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 11:30 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 11:06:
Kajetan wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 09:44:
Darks wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 09:41:
I see Ubi still hasn't learned their lesson.
They have. People had enough of being forced to use Steam AND Uplay, so they listened to customer wishes and removed Steam

Yeah, I was wondering when they'd take the jump.

It sucks, because there is zero fucking portability with Uplay, but it means a lot more money in their pocket. EA hasn't suffered under not being on Steam, so expect to see this more and more. Yay.

I guess anti-Steam people will get their wish, Steam will no longer be the dominant platform. Instead you'll have 30 different fucking clients (and 30 accounts that can be hacked...)

You really have to put yourself in their shoes. If Steam was all that, they should have invited these companies in as a consortium, a coop. That can still happen if they wanted to. This imo all goes back to MS fucking up and not seeing this on the PC level and having an open marketplace for all.

2. Re: The $9 Billion Witness: Meet JPMorgan Chase's Worst Nightmare Nov 7, 2014, 11:24 HorrorScope

Xil wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 11:05:
after reading that...../sigh, unbelievable

But it isn't, that is what we jab at here regularly when we are on the political prowl. What kills me is the yankee doodle that continues to buy everything face value. How many times should we be lied to before we can question? To some there is no count, its all for good reason or it will be taken care of and not happen again.

I'm in a business that gets to see a lot of business, there is massive fraud everywhere, people will do anything to keep money coming in, we have a shit load of laws because these jackwagons exist to try bending everything. So they are the reason we get large gov't, otherwise they would just take everything from you blindly. It is part of the uglyness of capitalism. Good thing there is an expiration date on life, no?

Oh and if we want to be petty and shallow, who was president then? What admin in control then? Since everyone loves to play that game. We have a current prez that wanted to fix a broken health care system and they let this shit get swept under the rugs, that was the criminal act. Reforming helath or not is an opion/task, not criminal, but they try to sell that to us that it is. The Affordable is a bastardized system of what we could have if everyone was in it to improve health care. However the ex pres famous words "It's not about figuring out what happened in the past, it is fixing it so it doesn't happen again", which anyone with an ounce knows that "We don't want to catch who did it, because indirectly that is us".

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 7, 2014, 11:05 HorrorScope

Here's why: They are sneaky liars.  

18. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 11:00 HorrorScope

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 10:10:
I've seen people losing their minds over this and I don't get why. When you buy a Ubisoft game on Steam, you're literally just downloading the uPlay copy. When you double-click on the game in Steam, it launches uPlay and the games have no Steamworks integration. It's literally no different than just buying it on uPlay anyway, except you initially launch it from Steam, which you can still do by adding it as a non-Steam game. Don't get me wrong, I detest uPlay (look up the living Hell Splinter Cell: Blacklist owners went through with that) but people who are like "I hate this because I hate uPlay!" don't seem to get you've been buying those versions all along anyway.

This to.

15. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 10:56 HorrorScope

Bundy wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 09:47:
Darks wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 09:41:
I see Ubi still hasn't learned their lesson. I guess ill be skipping their games from now on.

Not a big fan of uPlay, but I wouldn't be so quick to jump on Valve's defense. Their cut of digital sales is pretty high, somewhere around 30%. Which is fine for smaller devs who need the exposure Steam can offer, but for Ubisoft, whose games already have tons of press and marketing, and they already have their own digital store where they get to keep it all, frankly I'm surprised they haven't pulled their entire catalog at this point like EA.

That is the bottom line, these people have jobs there and when they have a product they can use that they get 100% of sales vs use someone else product instead with a cut involved, it is pretty easy.

Steam isn't a product of an alliance, it needed to be, but it isn't. Since it isn't you will have this and in this case I cannot fault them, this is real dollars that make a difference.

As a consumer we have the right to choose as we may.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 7, 2014, 10:04 HorrorScope

Will be interesting to see if rating the customer and adjusting service on that rating will be a good idea, usually not. So now it will be how much do you tip, takes you to the front of the line?  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
16. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 23:38 HorrorScope

[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 21:21:
Your better off barfing non stop and flushing 1000 dollars down the toilet with a bucket strapped to your head then buying a VR set.

Really bad analogy, no you wouldn't.

3885 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo