Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4572 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 4, 2015, 18:57 HorrorScope

For some reason I'm starting to think Valve for PC Level VR and Oculus for Mobile level VR.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Patches
16. Re: Morning Patches Mar 4, 2015, 16:59 HorrorScope

Drayth wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 16:12:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 12:43:

Right so an old game is going to have a high cost of entry, so we'll have to wait for a sale at some point. I think this makes more sense if it was brand new, they hype and all. But who is wanting to pay $60 in any kind of numbers now for ESO?

Except that it is a brand new game... for consoles. If it was free on PC's a nice portion of the console crowd would say F this game, that's not fair.

I'm not defending any decisions here, I'm just thinking this is the logic behind it all.

Fair enough, for Console gamers, makes sense, for PC gamers, $60 will be a tough swallow today.

15. Re: Morning Patches Mar 4, 2015, 16:55 HorrorScope

wtf_man wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 15:36:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 10:49:
But a real question, have the fixed the issue with a group and phasing if someone is one a different sub-part of a quest? It was promised but at least 6 months ago that was still in there and seemed like it was abandoned.

It's still a work in progress, but a majority of them don't make your groupmates invis anymore, for being in a different quest step. Probably around 75% or so of the zone quests are fixed.

Guild and personal story are still, and always will be solo only.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, that was thee game breaker for me. Will check out the patch notes, maybe...

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced
17. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced Mar 4, 2015, 16:46 HorrorScope

Which do you recommend to play first?  

News Comments > EA Closing Maxis?
9. Re: EA Closing Maxis? Mar 4, 2015, 16:44 HorrorScope

Sounds like a tax/salary thing to me.  

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
25. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 16:21 HorrorScope

Gadzooks wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 12:16:
GRID needs at LEAST a 10Mbps connection. That rules me out. In my area the best I can get is 1.5Mbps because AT&T refuses to update their copper DSL wiring to something better. (and no, I dont live in the boonies). The US can really suck for internet.

With the new rules I think they are going to have to change the name of your service. 25mpbs is going to be the minimum to call the service broadband.

10. Re: Morning Patches Mar 4, 2015, 12:43 HorrorScope

Drayth wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 12:14:
No, they've stated it will be B2P. You still need to buy the game, the sub is what's going away (well... becoming optional). The Secret World does this too.

Right so an old game is going to have a high cost of entry, so we'll have to wait for a sale at some point. I think this makes more sense if it was brand new, they hype and all. But who is wanting to pay $60 in any kind of numbers now for ESO?

Better going Star Wars route, let us all try it for free, have a ftp and a monthly pay route. If good, I'd go monthly.

5. Re: Morning Patches Mar 4, 2015, 10:49 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 10:21:
If anyone has installed this new ESO patch, it was massive. Its basically an over haul of the entire game.

So in an other words, it just got good?

But a real question, have the fixed the issue with a group and phasing if someone is one a different sub-part of a quest? It was promised but at least 6 months ago that was still in there and seemed like it was abandoned.

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
5. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 10:27 HorrorScope

Yeah not that I'm in the market for this, but I don't mind hearing how the Android part and the streaming parts of this work in the wild.  

News Comments > Mad Max in September
6. Re: Mad Max in September Mar 3, 2015, 20:38 HorrorScope

siapnar wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 19:55:
Strange they're talkin preorders when there isn't even a gameplay trailer for this yet

Yeah that was an Early one without the Access.

News Comments > Unity 5 Released
24. Re: Unity 5 Released Mar 3, 2015, 19:17 HorrorScope

Rigs wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 19:11:
From what I've heard, Star Citizen is an extremely modified version of CryEngine3. Think 'Dark Forces' vs 'Doom' type of modification. They're making it do things that I don't think Cytek even thought it could do. And all the original netcode has been thrown out...supposedly.

Goes back to Skyrim/Gamebryo talk yesterday, you know over the years they knocked that thing around a lot.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2015, 16:52 HorrorScope

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 14:21:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 14:08:
Hey if they get money or not, whatevahs.

But you cannot deny they were a weasel doing this back in the day. They were touring with Spirit and this is a song of theirs. Later STH comes out and you can't say they took a part of their melody and we aren't talking a standard rock n roll melody, but a very unique one.

That happened, imo no question, pretty low of them, unless they can prove they were given permission, then all is good in LedLand.

It's not even the same melody. It's a similar chord progression, but not the same. Page was probably inspired by it and wanted to do something similar. That happens all the time. Suing over it almost half a century later is retarded.

Yeah I don't care about the lawsuit, but he took it from them, it is very close, anyone who would hear this would immediately think Stair Way.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2015, 14:08 HorrorScope

Hey if they get money or not, whatevahs.

But you cannot deny they were a weasel doing this back in the day. They were touring with Spirit and this is a song of theirs. Later STH comes out and you can't say they took a part of their melody and we aren't talking a standard rock n roll melody, but a very unique one.

That happened, imo no question, pretty low of them, unless they can prove they were given permission, then all is good in LedLand.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Five Nights at Freddy's 3
8. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Mar 3, 2015, 14:05 HorrorScope

Well this one is different, just one animatronic, but a very aggressive one. I'm all for them doing whatever, people will speak with their wallets.  

News Comments > Unity 5 Released
3. Re: Unity 5 Released Mar 3, 2015, 14:04 HorrorScope

Unity has plenty of support.

Ah, so is there no royalties with Unity? If so that is a 5% savings.

Also why UE4 changed the monthly was, people would subscribe for a month and then drop after the upgrade. Can you do that with Unity? Meaning basically Unity is $75, per upgrade you want and nothing more?

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelation 2 Split-Screen Co-op Beta
3. Re: Resident Evil Revelation 2 Split-Screen Co-op Beta Mar 3, 2015, 12:15 HorrorScope

Yeah not sure why the emotion. I have a pc for the family room and between me and my wife or son and friends, it gets plenty of coop gaming on it. Their versatile. Why spend $500 on a console w/periphs when I have a working PC already? Now that would be stew pid.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook
19. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 3, 2015, 10:31 HorrorScope

ItBurn wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 06:04:
You can't even queue commands. Let's say you want to go into stealth and go stab an enemy, you have to do this:
- Pause/Enter tactical view
- Activate stealth.
- Unpause.
- Wait for stealth to activate
- Quickly pause before your other characters get attacked too much.
- Right click on target to select it as permanent target.
- Activate backstab skill.
- Unpause.

And that is exactly why their AI scripting was awesome. It was a frigin staple of their games and they rid it.

News Comments > Skyrim Mod Size Limit to End
11. Re: Skyrim Mod Size Limit to End Mar 2, 2015, 23:39 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 22:56:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:37:
Interesting.

I wonder if this is something they developed for FO4 and decided to test it out on Skyrim..

That seems pretty likely, yeah. Otherwise I'm not sure why they'd go through the bother of updating Skyrim more than a year after they said they were done with it.

Right, because they aren't done with it. Everytime Hines has been asked the question he points to what they do in games no other company has ever done. He feels he's way out front.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Mar 2, 2015, 22:40 HorrorScope

LittleMe wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 21:01:
Please not Ripley again. Hicks would be awesome.

It is really the story about Ripley kicking some somewhat tough xenomorph ass. But nothing a lady of really any age can't handle. Alien toughness = over-rated, big time.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 2, 2015, 20:30 HorrorScope

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:58:
Did they ever fix the PC tactical UI? At launch, it looked like they were trying to emulate controller sticks on the keyboard instead of, you know, clicking where you wanted someone to go.

They added auto-attack to 5, a little improvement to tactical but not enough per reports. The Beta is under NDA.

Sounding like Patch 6 might be close enough.

4572 Comments. 229 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo