Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3709 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
20. Re: etc. Oct 7, 2014, 18:32 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 13:00:
9) It's time to stop catering to the nerdbro gamer exclusively and start giving more diverse experiences and storytelling

Here's the deal... if one feels strongly about it, then get a book and learn how to program and make your own. Otherwise, you are not in a position to hint at what others should do. That doesn't mean the games for the needy won't be made, they just have to hope for like minded programmers are interested and/or market trends prove there is a customer base there. It's niche, and it has to be figured out where between hardcore and casual this group lies, it sounds fairly indy and well there are games there that cater to a lot of different groups. Whiners.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
32. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 7, 2014, 11:08 HorrorScope

djinn wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 04:00:
Caslon wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 19:20:
I don't trust Metacritic scores by professional reviewers. I'll wait to see how the masses score it.

You mean the reams of 0's and 10's from teenagers that are unable to score a game anywhere else?

I don't use metacritic, but 10 and 0 become Y/N, so if 9 out of 10 like it, you still get your 9 out of 10.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2014, 10:14 HorrorScope

Lots of nuggets in the ubi article:

From this gen sucks, to MS deal, to a VP misinterpreted something when in reality didn't miss a lick... All the usual bull in one tight article.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 6, 2014, 19:40 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 18:57:
Given the mixed bag of reviews at this point, this is a wait and see.

By who? I can't people here at Blue's are still reading published reviews. Player feedback so far has been very positive.

News Comments > etc.
41. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2014, 11:48 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 18:05:
Julio wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 15:23:
Cutter is right, as he is most of the time!

Lol. I didn't write it, but she's right on the money.

I'm seeing a black chick at the moment. She's not African-XXX, she's not a 'woman of color', she is, in her own words, "a black chick". And it's wicked cool that we can discuss anything without tiptoeing around "sensitive" issues like it's a minefield.

She's virtually always dated white guys but the problem is the SJW thing. She says that most of them are terrified of offending her by saying the wrong thing, or just try too hard to be some sort of multicultural ambassador where everything black is awesome and everything white is corrupt and evil. Says it drives her up the wall, and my directness and honesty for her is refreshing - even cute. Hell, we even have a running joke right now how she likes her toast lite and I like mine dark.

It's also rather interesting seeing how people react to us in public from both black and white people - the Asians don't seem to care. Most always look a little offput and/or confused or even shocked. Then a much smaller contingent seem to be approving - which while nice at least seems to me to have sort of a condescending edge to it, like 'Oh, look how progressive they are.' Then again, that could easily just be my perceptions. But I seem to recall similar vibes whenever I've dated non-white women - and there have been several over the years. Regardless of what they're actually thinking, there is definitely a very real, though subtle, reaction from most people. It's really weird.

Right because they don't know how bat shit crazy the two of you are, it is awkward all around. But lets face it you wrote all of that for this: "I've dated non-white women - and there have been several over the years" - You go Rico!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 6, 2014, 10:30 HorrorScope

From Apple:
"Over the last few years athletes have written Beats into their DNA as part of the pre-game ritual. Music can have a significant positive effect on an athlete's focus and mental preparedness and has become as important to performance as any other piece of equipment."

Yeah W's and L's Beats plays a part of, uh huh.

On top of that, you could have added a zero or two to your proposal. My guess is when you win contracts like this you want the benefits that come with it.

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. Oct 5, 2014, 19:54 HorrorScope

ASeven wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 16:50:
This is why SJWs must not be allowed to keep spreading their hate-filled speech

That is pot/kettle then. You give them a name and you give them power.

Don't listen to them and they have nothing. I predict this will blow over and if something changes it will be small and for a short while. This won't add up to anything, because it isn't based on a solid enough foundation.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Oct 5, 2014, 19:50 HorrorScope

Mack sure went off on Warner and their new way to buy positive scores and keep others out.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
10. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 5, 2014, 19:48 HorrorScope

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 13:27:
Problem is that the Indie scene is blowing up in size like the good old shareware days, and you have 6 tons of shit to sift through to get to anything decent. Not to mention the graphics to match the old shareware days.

I hear this a lot around here. I don't seem to have the issue, sure it's by far more games I don't want than want, but to consider it something time consuming or difficult, must be a first world problem. Pretty much do all user reviews and a gameplay movie, very high success rate.

News Comments > Game Reviews
26. Re: Game Reviews Oct 5, 2014, 12:48 HorrorScope

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 00:53:
That has more to do with the fact that most main protagonists of AAA games are pyschopaths that shoot about 1000 bad guys during the course of the game. Men have historically been the ones to go to war

Sort of like how we paint terrorists as people seemingly insane and have no reason whatsoever to do harm. As if when we kill in war every living should is in agreement, that had to go. On top of that that no mistakes are made but if they are, all those affected just need to understand and get over it, it was a mistake. There cannot be any ill-will or vengeance, as if these people have no brains and emotions.

Same ole shit for 1000's of years, now it's even more driven by money, there is no hope for it to stop.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 5, 2014, 12:39 HorrorScope

If amazon is going to sell things 1-2 days before Christmas and guarantee delivery, there will be problems.

"It was the cardinal sin of online retailing"

It's stupid if you a buyer thinks they can wait to the last minute and assume there is infinite capacity and then tack on... It's winter.

IMO that is the true heart of the issue, order earlier, don't procrastinate and then act as a victim.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 5, 2014, 12:20 HorrorScope

Obamer.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 5, 2014, 12:05 HorrorScope

Now there is a large cry from the people... Modular TV's.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
19. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Oct 4, 2014, 22:34 HorrorScope

The persistent online personal servers are in the link/update.  

News Comments > ArcheAge Hits 2M Players
13. Re: ArcheAge Hits 2M Players Oct 3, 2014, 11:48 HorrorScope

2 million desperately looking for their fix, one that may never come.

PvP and Cheating, there's a match made in hell.

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Oct 2, 2014, 12:25 HorrorScope

At this point I still think it is super easy to ignore this as a gamer, a game maker and an advertiser. To me irrelevant.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 2, 2014, 12:20 HorrorScope

JayDeath wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 10:30:
I'm not surprised. His last few flicks have been really terrible and Hollywood has probably had enough of that so he was forced to go somewhere else with his films.

I doubt that. His movies are still making solid money for what they are. His last 4 non-VA movies averaging about 70 million, as he would say "not too shabby". Next 6 prior non-VA 100 million. If one hasn't noticed these aren't blockbuster budgets. Domestic box.

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2014, 11:47.

News Comments > Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
1. Re: Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Oct 1, 2014, 19:50 HorrorScope

Hard to believe current gen consoles dont get this. What's up?  

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 18:23 HorrorScope

There is a fair chance future consoles will look like an Oculus.  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Oct 1, 2014, 11:31 HorrorScope

"at least without more major investment from owner Facebook"

4 BEEELION? What is this noise?

3709 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo