Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4011 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Making the Internet a utility—what’s the worst that could happen? Dec 21, 2014, 10:47 HorrorScope

LittleMe wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 14:49:
Wow it's nice to see this discussed _before_ such rules might come into effect. We always seem to hear regulations touted as the 2nd coming of Christ and then afterwards our prices go up and little else changes. We're supposed to trust Obama and the FCC here and only regulate as common carrier only for NN. Yeah, right..

We always seem to hear DE-regulations touted as the 2nd coming of Christ and then afterwards our prices go up and little else changes.

Meaning of story, there is a good chance to get screwed either way.

The only reason we need regulation and it doesn't even have to be that, they can force breakups and make more competition. But the reason this is a thing... we all know... is because there isn't enough competition. Our price/Mbps is not good in the states. Problem.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
12. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 20, 2014, 15:26 HorrorScope

If it is safety first no one caved.

But it would be more like "we don't want to be liable if something happens", is more of what went down.

Don't assassinate a real live person in a movie, should be sort of understood.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 20, 2014, 14:54 HorrorScope

Wife dying, that window is going to break.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 19, 2014, 18:47 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 16:22:
Neither of the consoles has the muscle for VR. Oculus Rift is sitting at 75fps/1080p and still isn't considered good enough for commercial release.

The worst part is when the console version sucks, the generally ignorant population will assume the pc version is just as nauseating and won't bother with it. I constantly, still, run into people who think consoles are WAY more powerful than a pc, because they saw a game run on their friend's shitty $400 laptop and it was terrible.

My guess is they will bring the graphic fidelity down.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
47. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 19, 2014, 17:29 HorrorScope

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 14:10:
Got my wish - AC games 75% off.....time to add them all to my account. Rather play them on PC than on console (played through 2 of them on xbox)

Yep Asscreed 4 for $10, done.

News Comments > Larian's "Leaked" RPG Plans
8. Re: Larian's Dec 19, 2014, 11:13 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 10:58:
You’re not going to see huge animated movies with barely interactive worlds from us in which millions of dollars go to cutscenes. Instead, you’ll see dense, highly interactive worlds where the amount of possible interactions continuously increases and your freedom to do as you want approaches that of a pen & paper RPG.

This! Nice to see someone gets it. They should really work on making a new super-user friendly editor to turn this into the next NWN and allow players to create their own content, DM games, etc. If not, reskin it and go with some other genre besides high-fantasy - sci-fi/western/dystopian.

Right. They are taking notes for what people want to see. They didn't allow easy editing of the main game, it focused on all new worlds. So what we got was a lot of pre-release excitement and then not too much. Allowing to mod the main game is key, we love it in Elder Scrolls, we'd love it here and we'd get stuff from the get go.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 19, 2014, 10:31 HorrorScope

MS - in 720P.

Play all of your favorite VR games in all their glory from the first person perspective, from your porch, behind your screen door.

6. Re: Larian's Dec 19, 2014, 10:29 HorrorScope

Verno wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 10:26:
I hope they get some new writers, they have the engine and tools to do something fantastic but the writing in D:OS was mediocre at best.

My fingers crossed, gut thinks this will continue to improve as well. But the write from Shadowrun is badass, so if they can get someone like that, run don't walk.

4. Re: Larian's Dec 19, 2014, 10:21 HorrorScope

A no-brainer imo, which many fail at. Yep keep building on everything, you have a killer engine, it could even go 3d if they want to change the camera perspective to give a fresh look when the time is needed.

Really liked DK2 with the Gamebryo engine, imo the proved the engine could run without crashing before Bethesda did. I'd like to see it to, however if not, there are others carrying the 3d RPG torch as well. IMO we are getting entries regularly now from all genres. The indies came in and easily saw what was missing.

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series Announced
11. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series Announced Dec 18, 2014, 21:16 HorrorScope

There ya go, total return on investment MS.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 18, 2014, 20:31 HorrorScope

If I can have abs in 7 minutes I want my Amazon order in 6.  

39. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 18, 2014, 20:29 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 19:48:
Aero wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 18:32:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 16:13:
Hoping for big sales on:
FC4
Project Zomboid
Dead Rising 3
All AC games
The Lone Dark
This War of Mine
Road Redemption
Shadow of Mordor
Rust
Life is Feudal

Picked up Shadow of Mordor for $26 through GMG plus the front page code just now. It was on my "buy at $20" list, and I figure that was close enough.

SoM is my biggest disappointment of the year by leagues. Every time I'm reminded of the game, my wallet does a cry of regret and sorrow. It's killing orcs and collecting useless collectables. Just a horrible game imo.

Biggest surprises of the year:

Dragon Age Inquisition
Risen 3
Lords of the Fallen

In that order.

We all have our opinions but just counting them all as equal:

SOM Steam User Rating: 94% (Last update Dec 15!!!)
Lord of fallen: 60% (Last update Dec 16th!!!)
Risen 3: 73% (Last update Sept 3 )

My personal line is at 80%, all are on sale. Will check out LoF feedback again after latest patch.

Yeah keeping eye out for DAI (On origin), AC4, FC4 and Wasteland 2. I'd like to see AC4 for $15 or less. Ethan Carter and Gauntlet at a deep discount.

As for SOM being repetitious, most games are, I found the combat exciting none the less. DAI I won't play until a real patch to address controls though, well I will give the Hotkey script a shot.

38. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 18, 2014, 20:18 HorrorScope

Jivaro wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 16:43:
Creston wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 15:53:
I picked up the Last Remnant for 5 bucks.

I picked that up a year or two ago. I keep meaning to play it...I keep letting it slide. All my friends told me I would really dig it. My backlog is my own worst enemy.

It would be more recommended on my end if there weren't a lot of TB games released. It was pretty good, totally would use Cheatengine to speed the game speed up a lot for traveling the map. Since there are so many games TB games now, I wouldn't recommend it unless you simply play them all.

21. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 18, 2014, 10:41 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 00:33:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 00:02:
This isn't about him being wrong now, it is about he still is a country and they can mess with a company pretty well I reckon and now Sony gets to deal with the security breach, because they made a movie about knocking him off. Was a bad call on Sony's end now.

Yeah I'm a dolt simply connecting the dots on how this got to the point it has. There were threats, people decided "Well it's just a movie, lets not see anything stupid here and call it off." and well you thought it was a 13 year old. So who's the idiot on this one?

What is wrong with you? Do you not understand the concept of reality? This is a man who is murdering 10's of 1000's of people for real. He's murdering people by the thousands! And this is somehow ok with you? That's freedom without limitation or responsibility. You somehow equate this with a fucking game that the asshole developers have only created as controversial for the sake of money? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! As much as it it offends me that government agencies must do what they do, the reality is that you and your ilk make it necessary. We can't be "free" precisely because of people like you.

You talk about my comprehension, it isn't about the dick he is, the thing is you make a movie about killing him, his country especially one like that, might come after you. Why is Sony making this movie with real names and in fact a comedy and not a serious drama? They are bringing shit to themselves vs a country over a comedy and one that tests missiles in their area. Yes they are dangerous, yes they are bad, that isn't my point. My point is they should not have use real likeness, that brings the problem to your door step. That isn't a guess, that is what is happening, so obviously they overstepped.

This has nothing to do if they are good or bad, we know as a world where they stand. Is was this a smart move by Sony. A: No.

One mentions they should still release it and have more security. Is that what a movie goers wants to see? Who is paying for this? That isn't easy to must up either. Sony learned a leason, don't use real names.

12. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 18, 2014, 00:02 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 23:47:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 17, 2014,21:36:
You may not care, but you are not them. Sure it is a comedy but it does in fact name North Korea and their leader by name not likeness, correct? You see funny ha ha, you know how strict they are, they do have true censorship. So now it becomes country vs company. Something tells me they learned a lesson and we won't see it repeated in a long while. Not saying right or wrong, but using real names and not likeness brought the issue right to their front door.

Wow, how does any intelligent human being even respond to nonsense like that to start? Tell you what, quaff a ton of beer, smoke a few pounds of weed, and we may start getting close to how absurd that sort of irrationality is.

Even if what you said made the tiniest fraction of sense...who fucking cares? The man is a tyrant who allows his subjects to die of starvation. He's quite literally insane and a mass murderer to boot, and you find this to be a problem? But a game about the mass-murder of civilians for no other reason than shock value for money? This is somehow acceptable to you? This is you're argument? This is the sort of psychotic behavior that makes me want the government to monitor everything. I'm not afraid of regular people, I'm afraid of lunatics like you who don't understand the difference between freedom and responsibility.

To him he isn't a tyrant, that is the whole fucked up part of wars and the like. The other side doesn't see themselves as the bad guy, they see the other side as the bad guy. So when you make a movie especially one in your regional area that said country has sent nuke tests your way you probably shouldn't make a funny ha ha movie about killing him/them. Yeah they are nuts, but you/Sony want to attract this?

This isn't about him being wrong now, it is about he still is a country and they can mess with a company pretty well I reckon and now Sony gets to deal with the security breach, because they made a movie about knocking him off. Was a bad call on Sony's end now.

Yeah I'm a dolt simply connecting the dots on how this got to the point it has. There were threats, people decided "Well it's just a movie, lets not see anything stupid here and call it off." and well you thought it was a 13 year old. So who's the idiot on this one?

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
137. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 22:11 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 22:10:
Prez wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 21:57:
I am going to buy two copies of this - one for me to simulate mass murder for my own entertainment, and one to gift to Timmeh so his head can explode. What a bunch of self-important tripe.

Greeeeeaaaat. Then when he hunts you down and kills you for your kindness, the Feds will find a copy of the game in his Steam list and have it to blame.

Sounds good for a couple hundred responses at BN's. I want to get out, but they keep pulling me back in.

133. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 21:42 HorrorScope

Krodge wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 20:48:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:43:
A man, many men putting photos of themselves wearing pantyhose showing their junk online. Even though I'm not saying sensor it, it disturbs me because it looks totally hideous to me.

What has this got to do with anything?. Why are you looking up pictures of men in pantyhose if it upsets you so much. Just stop searching for them.

"I'm not saying sensor it"
I get the feeling you'd love to "Sensor" it

Some say Hatred disturbs them and has no place. I say men in pantyhose photo sharing socially has the same affect to me. But I just have to live with it and not bet my knickers in a bunch. I'm amazed at how much this comes up when searching for something else.

Sensor, yah lol. My typing/grammar isn't the best.

8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 17, 2014, 21:36 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 20:38:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:54:
Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:46:
Yeah they pulled it here too. What a load of bollocks. Credible evidence my ass. Some 13 year old haxxors are laughing their asses off right now. I don't know what's worse, the bullshit culture of pervasive fear and rampant paramoia that the elites are selling to strip us of our liberty or the schmucks that actually believe it.

You think a 13 year old is doing this? Releasing info like this to the press? To me this seems a lot more sophisticated/calculated vs what a 13 would have the patience and understanding to do.

This goes in line with Hatred to some degree. But there is a difference, this is a movie is made about killing a leader of a real country. Now you are against Hatred which has no link to real people other then it is pixel representing people in general. But no link to a specific. You are against that, still morally shallow.

But we have a movie that again is about a plot to kill a real world leader even if they are dicks, not everyone believes that and some are offended at now have put out threats. But you seem to be ok with it, because you are upset the Theaters are pulling it, chickens.

So it seems you want it both ways to some degree. Hmmm...

It's a comedy. Point in fact, it's a satire taking shots at the intelligence community - and gee isn't that a coincidence they're upset about it and now it's been pulled because of an email. And regardless of any of that, I'm not opposed to real life tyrants being desposed and/or killed. There's a reason for that. There's a need for that. That's fine. Just randomly going around murdering people because you're a failure in life and you're pissed off isn't. Do you honestly not understand the differences here or are you just trolling. There's no both ways about it.

You may not care, but you are not them. Sure it is a comedy but it does in fact name North Korea and their leader by name not likeness, correct? You see funny ha ha, you know how strict they are, they do have true censorship. So now it becomes country vs company. Something tells me they learned a lesson and we won't see it repeated in a long while. Not saying right or wrong, but using real names and not likeness brought the issue right to their front door.

125. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 20:06 HorrorScope

What is also the jew talk in all of this? I just went back and watched the released trailers. There wasn't any specific link to a specific group, seemed like all human pixel representations were open to termination. Seemed like an equal opportunity killer to me. The one voice with Duke's voice, I found it pretty funny to listen to. It's all about if you like fictional horror, if you don't, then yeah you won't like it. But we all have things we don't like.  

4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 17, 2014, 19:54 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:46:
Yeah they pulled it here too. What a load of bollocks. Credible evidence my ass. Some 13 year old haxxors are laughing their asses off right now. I don't know what's worse, the bullshit culture of pervasive fear and rampant paramoia that the elites are selling to strip us of our liberty or the schmucks that actually believe it.

You think a 13 year old is doing this? Releasing info like this to the press? To me this seems a lot more sophisticated/calculated vs what a 13 would have the patience and understanding to do.

This goes in line with Hatred to some degree. But there is a difference, this is a movie is made about killing a leader of a real country. Now you are against Hatred which has no link to real people other then it is pixel representing people in general. But no link to a specific. You are against that, still morally shallow.

But we have a movie that again is about a plot to kill a real world leader even if they are dicks, not everyone believes that and some are offended at now have put out threats. But you seem to be ok with it, because you are upset the Theaters are pulling it, chickens.

So it seems you want it both ways to some degree. Hmmm...

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2014, 20:02.

4011 Comments. 201 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo