Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4624 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Telltale Marvel Game Plans
7. Re: Telltale Marvel Game Plans Apr 24, 2015, 19:28 HorrorScope

One thing I like about Telltale, they never spread themselves too thin and release content lightning fast.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
57. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 19:18 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 12:47:
Two problems, the majority of the money goes to Valve and Bethesda & basically once a mod goes pay to play, who determines who gets the money? Already there have been reports of unscrupulous mod makers taking someone elses mod, changing the name of the mod and charging money for their 'work'. This is going to implode the mod community dude, can't you see that?

Right, that is the problem mid-stream, worked out in other games, long term. I do see that as a huge issue, yes.

55. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 18:23 HorrorScope

Krovven wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 15:25:
2 days ago I had a working Skyrim setup that I could copy over and fire up the mods, today I don't. This isn't a new game, it's an old one.

Basically I'm done with Skyrim and I'll seriously reconsider anything made by Bethesda again.

Right. I am in general talking about a bigger picture, but this mid-stream stuff, yeah that is a real problem now isn't it. They must be going bankrupt over ESO. lol

34. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 15:03 HorrorScope

Since I will have a Syrim Free Weekend, like I've had a Skyrim Free Year so far (aka not playing it anymore)...

What happens if you already had these mods installed and used?

If anything like they are disabled and now you have to pay, yeah that is very messy changing the game so far into this games existence.

Now it's like I bought the game knowing I had tons of mods all free, to surprise, now some cost. That part sucks I will agree. But at the same time they are trying to do something landmark here and this is the grand daddy for modding.

News Comments > Overlord: Fellowship of Evil Announced
15. Re: Overlord: Fellowship of Evil Announced Apr 24, 2015, 14:41 HorrorScope

Hell their upfront about it. It isn't like Overlord is some high demand classic. It does look like Gauntlet and perhaps better. We preach reading up before buying, if you do you'll see it is different. Obviously if Overlord's 2 was a huge seller this wouldn't have happened like this.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Microsoft Health and Band Updates Bring New Cycling App Integrations, Insights and Features. Apr 24, 2015, 14:32 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 14:06:
With the GOP controlling congress? Lol! If they manage to snag the presidency this year then you may as well bend over and grab your ankles while preparing for a right good rogering sans lube.

It would be interesting to see what would happen.

25. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 14:00 HorrorScope

Sure, the last two posts do talk about how twisted this becomes. Doing this mid/late stream, would seem to compound those issues. So I don't know how well it works for mods already in the wild. Moving forward probably be cleaner. I like the idea of $$ for mods, but the mods have to step up and be better and bigger. Now you are a business, this isn't a good try, crap support because it's free. The moment you ask for $$$ it all changes. They will have to get that understood as well. A small mod isn't going to be worth jack. A total conversion... now you may have something. Some best be thinking $1. Steam really needs a points for $'s system now to get down to cheap transactions that many of these at best will deserve.  

18. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 12:20 HorrorScope

A. We don't deserve free mods.

B. People that make something for you deserve something in return, dollars are a very common practice of compensation.

C. You have the choice if you want it or not.

D. Mod Devs are going to have to figure out if what they do is worth $$ and how much. This is going to be a couple year process here.

E. From what I've heard it does seem many are asking for too much. Market.

F. Yes Bethesda is getting a huge chunk, probably too much. But by giving some of that back to Dev, that gives them a real reason to allow their games to be modified. Think beyond Elder Scrolls, which is easy to mod.

G. You don't want to be the entitled person people reference on the internet way too often do you?

H. Can you make mods? If not, maybe you could learn. This is a much lower barrier of entry for a would-be developer vs creating a whole game. Now there is a chance you make something really good, if priced fair you can make a few dollas.

I. We are now going to see things we wouldn't have because it just became monetized.

J. It's change. Everyone FREAK THE FUCK OUT!!!

The market will sort this out as something that can work or not.

The saddest part for me is all the bitch posts repeated for years to come over this. Like DRM and DLC. Good fucking times.

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
78. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 20:41 HorrorScope

KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 18:31:
For anyone that is confused how much actual mod creator takes from sales and everyone else like valve or game maker:

The default Workshop contributor split is 25% (not including taxes). Valve receives the standard micro-transaction percentage and the rest goes to the game developers.

Enough f said.

Wow the game devs get a cut, one could look at that negatively, but it would also give them incentive to make a moddable game.

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
74. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 20:29 HorrorScope

The market will figure itself out and if people are willing to pay, this gives A LOT OF SOLO PROGRAMMERS a more realistic chance of making something not as big as a whole game, but something very cool for us that we wouldn't have otherwise. The one's you've seen to date are imo a tip of what could be if there was at least some money in it. But first the market has to figure out reasonable prices for both parties. I'm for it only because it is time and work and this is America, they deserve a shot at some dough.  

News Comments > Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours
18. Re: Lost GTA5 Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours Apr 23, 2015, 20:24 HorrorScope

Well the good news is it really isn't a problem because they have the secondary pin system in place. Right? They do have that, right?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 23, 2015, 20:17 HorrorScope

Horse made me laugh.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 22, 2015, 23:14 HorrorScope

900P-30. Laugh.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide
31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 17:25 HorrorScope

gravity wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 16:54:
siapnar wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 15:31:
I don't have any custom music Quinn, so that can't be the problem.

It's very, very slight, the stuttering.

I think I'll try giving dx 10.1 a go tonight and see what happens. I'll try disabling soft shadows, too.

I run with Nvidia enabled Vsync. Seems to be fine compared to ingame Vsync but I'll try that again

Do let me know what you come across. I highly suggest trying just the DX 10.1 downgrade first. Keep in mind you'll lose ALL grass visuals (entirely). I'm willing to do without, until I can find a better solution, or they discuss a fix/patch.

Shit if 10.1 improves frames, just think how fast a DX9 version would run, right?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide
27. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 16:35 HorrorScope

descender wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 16:01:
No one should ever be changing the thread priority on a process in windows for almost any reason.

The next time that trick works for me will be the first to. Must be some very specific processor that this would help out.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Early Access
10. Re: Killing Floor 2 Early Access Apr 21, 2015, 18:57 HorrorScope

Xero wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 15:43:
I like how they throw in all those quotes from various news outlets when the game is just giving early access now, lol.

Sven from Larian did a postmortem for D:OS at GDC, he in full said mag/big name sites are a total waste of money, very little return. It is about Youtubers, Joe, Total etc. He was very clear the old guard is a rip off for sales, no one cares about them any more.

But not to be too confused, even though he doesn't like meta-critic, he surrendered that the better the score the better sales, he has always seen a correlation.

News Comments > Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen
30. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 14:34 HorrorScope

dubfanatic wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 13:38:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 13:35:
The last thing they'll say is it was their mistake. So without a batting of the eye throw out, "Make sure to change your password and don't use the same one everywhere". Deflection. Could be accurate, but they are throwing that out no matter who's fault, point to the other guy, this shit could cost us a lot of $$$.

I don't get it, are you saying R* was hacked and are denying it? Or are you saying it's R*'s responsibility to make sure their users don't do stupid shit like use the same user/pass everywhere, install random programs or download some Torrent because some Reddit post said to?

What I'm saying, taking all companies as a whole. They want to deflect otherwise that is a liability for them which means $$$ lost. What we find out in many cases, not all, the company was hacked and wasn't your weak ass password, that didn't matter.

A company in many cases will not even admit fault when they lose a court case, they did lose, they did pay a fine, but if they admit then that even opens them up for more litigation, it sets a precedence of admitting guilt.

So when Indian says White Man lies, well good thing he never met Corporate Machine.

News Comments > Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen
23. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 13:35 HorrorScope

The last thing they'll say is it was their mistake. So without a batting of the eye throw out, "Make sure to change your password and don't use the same one everywhere". Deflection. Could be accurate, but they are throwing that out no matter who's fault, point to the other guy, this shit could cost us a lot of $$$.

But from recent security history it's corps db's being stolen and hacked, so no matter what I use DS#$Fw@!FW@e254reFWf, that is the same to a hacker as Password in these cases.

To me we're are living now in a flawed logical world of security, still do all the old things even though the hacker has long moved on to the new thing, which is on the admins because they are taking the whole db and not trying to figure out each individual under system rules.

My new fav is company smart phone, I can unlock phone by tpying in a password, all ****, so I don't know for sure what I type (4 tries until format) because hey that is how it is on a pc. But no one looks over my shoulder on my phone. Or hey I can switch to a gesture, well shit now I can see the pattern I draw, see it, no **** guessing. Why is that allowed, someone could watch me and then know how to get into my phone. Standards that aren't equal. Pffff....

On the 4 fails and a wipe... so some jack wagon could grab my phone off the table, fuck with me, fail it 4 times and a wipe? That's brilliant!!!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 21, 2015, 12:30 HorrorScope

Meet new boss, same as old boss.

Everybody wants to rule the world... doooo.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming
22. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 21:20 HorrorScope

Saboth wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 18:34:
Jerykk wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 16:01:
Maybe it's just me but I really don't care about leveling. I play RPGs for interesting choices. PoE's quest design offers many interesting choices even without XP rewards.

Not me, I play for the constant thrill of "bettering" my characters. More loot, more levels, more abilities, and that feeling of "I was weak to start, but now I'm powerful". Hell, I'll even play games like CoD if they let me level up and gain abilities/weapons/etc. I enjoy the story, background etc. as well, but that's not my main draw to RPGs.

Right, but with a classic RPG you have to watch not going to far or shit hits the fan. See BG vs Diablo wars. There is room between staunch RPG's and an ARPG, but few have dared there.

4624 Comments. 232 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo