Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3706 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
60. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 22:16 HorrorScope

BitWraith wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 16:49:
You guys do know that with every sexual comment you make, you justify everything the Anita Sarkeesian's of the world are saying, right?

Sure if you want to make her God. We can be whatever we want within the law, there are plenty of women libers out there, whatevers. You give her the power when you stop to listen to it. Move along, it's just another person with a view on how the world should be and SURPRISE to their benefit. Give me a person that pictures a world in which they get nothing from it and then you'll have my attention.

Forgotten Golden Rule #1: Sticks and stones...

World of thin-skinners.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
28. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 20, 2014, 19:54 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 19:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:10:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 13:20:
Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 10:50:
Of course the assholes making Hatred are fascists. Typical extreme-right, tiny-dicked, powerless losers with delusions of grandeur wanting to take out their frustrations on the world around them, never once realizing they're the entire source of their own problems.

On the plus side, I expect these guys to be out of business soon. This game looks like it cost some cash to make, and I don't expect it to sell much. Honestly, who's the market for stuff like this? It seems very niche, which means not a lot of sales.

Market game players that like to kill things. Seems like there are plenty of those.

Calling them Nazi's is totally backwards, this is anti-system. Nazi's were all about system, their system, sort of like the ole USA is today. This is anti-society, nothing nazi about it at all imo.

Yeah, but I don't think that gamers like to kill just for killing. When you're killing Nazis in Wolfenstein (one of the more recent bloody games) you're doing it to save the world, you are fighting against soldiers with weapons who are threatening to kill millions of people. It's justified. You're not killing unarmed innocents.

Most soldiers don't join the military because enjoy the killing, they join for camaraderie, a paying job, technical education, to travel the world, respect, etc. There are actually soldiers that enjoy killing, but they are very few in number.

To be honest it seems like you are going down the road to "it's more than pixels", it is all just fantasy. Playing a serial killer or whatever, it is fantasy. Literature and movies haven't struggled in these spaces in a long time now.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
20. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 20, 2014, 17:10 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 13:20:
Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 10:50:
Of course the assholes making Hatred are fascists. Typical extreme-right, tiny-dicked, powerless losers with delusions of grandeur wanting to take out their frustrations on the world around them, never once realizing they're the entire source of their own problems.

On the plus side, I expect these guys to be out of business soon. This game looks like it cost some cash to make, and I don't expect it to sell much. Honestly, who's the market for stuff like this? It seems very niche, which means not a lot of sales.

Market game players that like to kill things. Seems like there are plenty of those.

Calling them Nazi's is totally backwards, this is anti-system. Nazi's were all about system, their system, sort of like the ole USA is today. This is anti-society, nothing nazi about it at all imo.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
23. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 17:02 HorrorScope

One wish... Bluesnews incorporates a LIKE system, several candidates in this thread alone.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
36. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 14:54 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 14:36:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 12:58:
And about AI work... why do all that when people are still buying the rudimentarty stuff? Someone is going to have to make (an Indy) something that knocks our socks off AI wise, to the point we won't accept less to force the rest to move forward.

Sadly the game industry doesn't really work that way. We're 5+ years on from Red Dead Redemption, and the horses in today's games are a million times shittier. Same for facial features since LA Noire, etc.

Someone makes a cool feature, but it doesn't get adopted.

So someone could make a killer AI, and then all the other devs would be "eh, 4 lines of If/Then statements (aka the Creative Assembly way of making AI) will be fine."

I guess the horses didn't "knock the socks off", I'm talking something like 3D Acel, like Mouselook etc, where the game is simply changed. We do have many examples of something smaller in the past being better than the future that goes unnoticed as the new standard. Commando's HL2, Enemy AI Fear 1, etc.

Oh yeah and it has to sell!

35. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 14:51 HorrorScope

Bundy wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 14:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 12:58:
If you haven't noticed the current gen consoles came out as abortions, woefully underpowered to the point it didn't make a blip on our pc specs.

This always bugs me. Yes, these consoles can't touch the performance of a gaming PC. But using the PS4 as an example, you do realize that Sony needs to put together hardware and sell it for $400 and still make a profit? What mistake did they make in the design? What should they have done instead that could still match that price point?

Historically it's a blunder. All consoles prior were near top pc spec or beyond pc spec at release. These were released middle road pc's. I get your point, but at the same time, this gen was different from the past. We are not really moving all that forward because of it.

28. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 12:58 HorrorScope

SXO wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 11:14:
Let's clarify something upfront. Nobody is flipping their $#it because the specs are too high. I'm sure plenty of people meet and/or greatly exceed these specs. The issue is that given the requirements, we're not seeing a marked improvement in graphics and/or gameplay in many of these new games.

where are the groundbreaking new AI algorithms? Where are the fully destructible physics? Where are the ultra high-res textures? Where is the incredible lossless audio? What are these requirements for if I don't see any of this in games yet?

Could also be in load times as well.

Where is the groundbreaking stuff? If you haven't noticed the current gen consoles came out as abortions, woefully underpowered to the point it didn't make a blip on our pc specs. And about AI work... why do all that when people are still buying the rudimentarty stuff? Someone is going to have to make (an Indy) something that knocks our socks off AI wise, to the point we won't accept less to force the rest to move forward.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
55. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2014, 11:51 HorrorScope

Prez wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 21:56:
I watch MAC's videos because they entertain me, especially when he goes into full-on rage mode, but I don't base my buying decisions on them.

Same, dudes my fav. Also helps I have a client that sounds exactly like him so I picture this dude as Mac, hope I never see a pic of Mac, lol.

I do base a little on Mac's conclusion.

13. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 10:22 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 10:20:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 09:44:
InBlack wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 09:18:
Yeah well, who the fuck does code optimization anyway right? We can just throw more hardware at it!! Take that shitty code!

We wanted this, it was the only benefit the new consoles gave pc gamers.

Indeed. Until you remember that the game is coming out on PS3 and Xbox360. How much memory does the Xbox360 have again???

Lets hope current gen and pc's have some type of advantage.

7. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 09:44 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 09:18:
Yeah well, who the fuck does code optimization anyway right? We can just throw more hardware at it!! Take that shitty code!

We wanted this, it was the only benefit the new consoles gave pc gamers.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 19, 2014, 18:25 HorrorScope

Battery tech fails Yoda. We are at "just do" time now. Been reading amazing breakthroughs for about 5 years now, shut up and hit the market.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
30. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 19, 2014, 18:23 HorrorScope

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 15:36:
She's a fucking hypocrite. She only see's what she wants to see, just like bible thumpers. Pick and choose and present her narrow view without for a second possibly coming up with any other rational.

Feminist nut job.

Without knowing much about it all... this is probably spot on.

Don't fall for the drama.

News Comments > etc.
49. Re: etc. Oct 19, 2014, 13:21 HorrorScope

Not all video games are harmful, but all board-games are.

Not all video games are harmful, but wars are great!

Not all video games are harmful, but we'd all better if we were daily traders.

Not all video games are harmful, but we live in an imperfect world, flying ludicrously through space after a huge blast, living on a crusted fireball, life expectancy 80 years, everything must be serious because living on a spec from a blast is center of the universe stuff is made of.

Not all video games are harmful, but a nurse near incubation period decides now is good time to take a public flight to Cleveland.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Expands
17. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 18, 2014, 19:34 HorrorScope

Rationalize it like this... all these games we talk about, we buy, our backlogs and some are thinking of trying or going back to STO?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2014, 17:33 HorrorScope

Luxomburg is a small market with incredibly deep pockets. Market = eyes.

Still can't get over playoff baseball was on FS1 and cable all together.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Expands
5. Re: Star Trek Online Expands Oct 18, 2014, 11:32 HorrorScope

Task wrote on Oct 18, 2014, 11:27:
Disgusting, 120 to 150 for expansions? Jebus H Christ. MWO did that same crap. F2P practices like this are fkn cancerous on the industry. If one person does it and they see people opening wallets like drones, then everyone does it.

Expansion in free. FTP we know you can buy things at the store, these are two offerings that are expensive but they would be worth even more if you bought them individually at the store.

News Comments > Hatred Announced
44. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 17, 2014, 15:30 HorrorScope

Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 12:31:
Games is getting a huge black eye in the mainstream media right now.

When isn't it?

Should The Exorcist been made?
Saw?
Hostel?

My take is if you don't like it, ignore as much as possible.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 17, 2014, 00:32 HorrorScope

Silicon Avatar wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 20:12:
Does this game fix the spellcasting user interface mechanic from the last game?

I liked LOG but I'm not fiddling with a crap spellcasting UI this time around. They've had time to improve it.

No. The same, I would have preferred something better.

News Comments > Hatred Announced
20. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 17, 2014, 00:20 HorrorScope

LOL someone wants some media controversy.

It's still pixels.

Hollywood has done things like this.

This is what GamerGate breeds.

Is this Duke talking?

News Comments > Trine Series Sells 7M; Editors Released
2. Re: Trine Series Sells 7M; Editors Released Oct 16, 2014, 19:38 HorrorScope

Pretty impressive? That is mf'ing phenomenal, had no idea.  

3706 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo