Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 3885 (Veteran)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
26. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 26, 2014, 00:21 HorrorScope

Timmeh wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 11:43:
knowing this crowd, the game is probably awesome and the graphics great.

The people at blues are the worst gamers on the planet. If you could actually call them gamers. you guys are more like amateur trolls from some youtube comedy channel.

Go buy it then Ace.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 25, 2014, 10:27 HorrorScope

Lord Tea wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 03:46:
Pretty much nothing is true 1080p on the Xbox One so who cares?

I do, not because it's not 1080p, because it doesn't have the balls to handle 1080p.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer
6. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer Nov 25, 2014, 10:26 HorrorScope

The bat-mobile strafe's? Hmmm...  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
19. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 25, 2014, 10:23 HorrorScope

Right, read up. There is plenty of warning to those that take 5 minutes to see a red flag that may tell them to wait a good while. $45 is no cheap entry either.

To say this is another Godus, well at least this game attempted to do something interesting, instead of a casual light weight game hoping to strike gold. The lure of casual apps.

That said, this looks like poop, it isn't even an Alpha by their description which sort of already goes against the latest revisions to the Steam EA guideline. I'd have to check all the pages through purchasing that it also is as clear as the new guidelines say they should be.

On top of that episodes, a name few pc gamers want to hear, we know what that all brings. So it's up to you? Are you smart or stupid? Do you blindly just buy things or not? So if someone just hit Add to Cart and buys it without reading even just a little, that is on them, not the EA process.

I like EA, there have been several that were in very solid places when entering EA that I've enjoyed a lot. Some games aren't finished/made without it. Don't spend your lunch money.

News Comments > The Crew Reviews Delay
1. Re: The Crew Reviews Delay Nov 25, 2014, 10:04 HorrorScope

" There will be absolutely no embargo on any type of coverage once the game is available for sale." - Is that even a possibility? Have an embargo after a release.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 24, 2014, 20:49 HorrorScope

wtf_man wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 20:10:
NSA Privacy Director says fears of government spying are unwarranted.

Yes, we know they spy on us without warrants. THAT'S THE FSCHKING PROBLEM!

LOL

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 24, 2014, 20:48 HorrorScope

All your Sony's belong to us.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 24, 2014, 17:24 HorrorScope

ldonyo wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 11:29:
The range of cards benchmarked for DA:I was very good and I was happy to see a very diverse field of CPUs, as well.

Continues to show even a mid-range i5 is keeping up with much costlier i7's. For $300 you can get a good i5, mb and 8 gigs and be right in the game proc wise.

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Announced
2. Re: SpellForce 3 Announced Nov 24, 2014, 11:48 HorrorScope

Jivaro wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 10:59:
A new Spellforce game that uses a modern engine would be interesting. To me anyway.

But knowing this series it will be the same engine with less features.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
42. Re: Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed Nov 24, 2014, 11:01 HorrorScope

Killcrit wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 08:05:
Interesting, I have not had fun in games for over a decade.... Maybe he's on to something that you casuals don't understand???

Way to ride it out... no enjoyment for 10 years, I would have checked out a long time ago.

But right, he's going to learn a lesson or we're going to be able to update our skepticism meters. History shows it is too ambitious, but perhaps he has a better vision, better management and better staff and will change video game making for all.

We all hope so, but to come here and say "casuals don't understand?", can be turned around to be "the old dogs understand it's a pipe dream, heard it before again and again. The casual fan just jumps on anything good they hear, seen it dozens of times."

In the immortal words of Starsky:
Dew it!

He does it, he can easily have his day of... "We have delivered on most of what we said, they said we couldn't do it, but we did!"

I'm not even looking forward to the space sim part any more, I want this state of the art FPS game.

18. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 23, 2014, 15:58 HorrorScope

[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 15:27:
10 different limbs????

LOL

You didn't hear Octopuses in Space? And that still is only 9...

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Early Access
4. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Early Access Nov 23, 2014, 13:23 HorrorScope

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 02:53:
I'm kinda surprised nobody on Bluesnews is in on this game at all, it looks real good, and the Warhammer setting is right up nerd alley.

I'm not getting in on any other Kickstarters/Early Access games right now, but I'll definitely keep an eye on this.

I got my Wishlist/Follow tags on it... Backlog. I'm just about ready to put a halt on T.B. games, love them, but man I've played more TB game in the past 18 months vs 5 years of combined of yesteryear.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2014, 13:05 HorrorScope

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 12:37:
I think there are a lot of disappointed people out there because Far Cry 4 is not much of a blockbuster. Nice graphics and new area, but everything else is almost identical to 3.

"This War of Mine" is for troubled people to play. The entire design is for you to do very bad things. Helping others is not one of them. The designers are very sick people!

Fuck, now your doing a killer sell job on me...

Since it's pixels, I don't give a fuck what they do, it still ends up pixels.

At the same time if it is doing what I think about what it might, that is part of war and yet another good reason to not go to war unless totally inevitable.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 23, 2014, 13:02 HorrorScope

This is one major reason why gov't is big and why business wants a small gov't. Never forget.

Every company wants a monopoly, that is what they want, it is natural for them to want that, having a monopoly is the ultimate way to maximize any companies profits. And because any company has a fiduciary responsibility to maximize shareholder profits. It is natural for any company to try to form a or gravitate towards some type of monopoly. And that is why the US has laws to prevent that type of thing, because we know it is inevitable.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
7. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 12:34 HorrorScope

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 12:17:
Gamma? Now they are making up build names LOL? Cute game, but nothing to be taken seriously. I love space games, but like Starpoint Gemini better than this one. I am very disappointed in what they made, nothing like Elite.

Yeah I put hours into stream watching last night... not sure if those I was watching were bad, but it's watching paint dry just going from station to station trading. Will have to see how exciting it gets with populated quadrants. I'll need to seek out some videos showing that off.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale This Week
3. Re: Steam Autumn Sale This Week Nov 23, 2014, 12:32 HorrorScope

There will be somethings in the 75% area, if it suits your desires go for it. My guess is most of us understand the pattern.  

10. Re: Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed Nov 23, 2014, 12:26 HorrorScope

He isn't only making a FPS game, he is doing things FPS games don't do. So not only dream big for having FPS in your Space Sim, but lets just have the best FSP game ever to. Everything best ever. Great American Video Game!

Who else is doing limb damage to this detail? A: No one. Your space sim is going to show them all up on how to do a FPS. Also you shot haphazardly in your space shit, you will damage systems and have to repair. Even the best FPS's don't do this. I don't know about you, I'm buying this for the best FPS experience ever, the Space Sim is a nice to have.

Remember this will be the best FPS game ever... Do you hear me FPS gamer? Send me your money.

Oh yeah on the movie, is that not like the best body dragging ever? Yes, yes it is.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 22, 2014, 23:15 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 18:48:
Cut the cord 10 years ago and never looked back. Better for me better for the kids. There's so much to do that I only watch about an hour of TV a day on average anyway. Netflix is plenty.

TV=Netflix=Gaming=Entertainment

My guess is most here, their pc time eats up most of their viewing time.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 22, 2014, 18:37 HorrorScope

That is why I would love to see the following:

Networks/Cable networks $5-10/mo stream all current and all catalog.
HBO $10-$15/mo stream all current and all catalog.
ESPN $10-$15/mo stream all current and catalog.
Disney $10-$15/mo stream all current and catalog.
Showtime $10 same...
Major Film Companies $10-$15 catalog after 12 months.

That can still add up, but the win is you have the entire catalog at your finger tips vs todays schedule only. That would be a fine gain for the viewer.

ABC-NBC-CBS-Fox $30.
HBO $15
Espn $15
Tnt $5
USA $5
$70.

Throw in a few Movie Studios.. back at $100, but much more of what you want to watch with this option.

News Comments > Alienware's "PC Gaming Console"
36. Re: Alienware's Nov 22, 2014, 18:03 HorrorScope

theglaze wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 13:59:
You do not need quadcore procs for PC gaming, at least not yet:

Techspot
Far Cry 4 @ 1920x1200 with a GTX 980
i3 3220 2cores/4threads (3.3Ghz) = 76fps
i5 3470 4cores/4threads (3.2Ghz) = 80fps

What you do need is hyperthreading.

One game does not settle that score. I wouldn't want a new pc with a dual core, I doubt I'm alone.

3885 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo