Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for HorrorScope

Real Name HorrorScope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname HorrorScope
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 23:35
Total Comments 4764 (Master)
User ID 17232

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > F1 2015 Delayed
3. Re: F1 2015 Delayed May 22, 2015, 21:45 HorrorScope

Left turn, left turn, left turn, die.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
69. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 22, 2015, 14:10 HorrorScope

How about the patch that improved gfx on Thursday. Praise be, right?  

News Comments > NASCAR '15 and Demo Released
11. Re: NASCAR '15 and Demo Released May 22, 2015, 13:41 HorrorScope

Face it, circle tracking racing always does poorly on gaming sites. Left turn, left turn, left turn.

It's narrow on that behalf, but we've been at this one for 15 years now, nothing is changing. I just snicker and use something like this when Snuggle Truck is brought up as a good game.

Same premise, each could be great, but we are supposed to make fun of some things, right? RIGHT?

Papy made great Nascar games, EA did what they did. I believe a good core of iracing is Papy people and that is where you are at if you are into it.

I can say some of the best times I had gaming was with Nascar Papy in the day with 6 systems setup racing with buds in Lan all night. When I go back home, they always want to go back to that time, but they are construction type workers and couldn't keep a pc running well for any period of time. This was why I was wondering if Project Cars was cross platform, between PC/Ps4 and Bone, perhaps the old timers could have rode once again.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Closed Beta Next Week
3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Closed Beta Next Week May 21, 2015, 22:12 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 21, 2015, 19:32:
After how bad 6 was they should be begging people to try the beta not asking people to pay for it.

For some reason I see the whole planet just sitting there and waiting for these fucks to actually make another good Heroes game. They simply can't seem to do it. Fumble after fumble.

61. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 18:22 HorrorScope

I think where some use the words favorites, I think it is safe to say they have built up their rep from previous actions, allowing some leeway. There is no secret hand-shake, or group BN meetings on who we like or don't like. EA, I'd like to think if they made a fantastic game, we'd give them some credit for that.

To me reading here, it seems overall that it's gfx or nothing. I bet the game still looks darn good, but then comes in "how fun is it to play?".

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
5. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 17:58 HorrorScope

Yeah this looked like it could have been good.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
10. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 12:41 HorrorScope

"Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset "

This one always gets me, what kind of old system must one have that AF at any setting taxes a system?

48. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 12:37 HorrorScope

Graphic whores.

How's the sum of all its parts?

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
85. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 22:03 HorrorScope

Krovven wrote on May 20, 2015, 19:41:
Graphics enhancement patch coming.

Eurogamer link doesn't load on my phone so posted this instead.

Yes I read wait for patch.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed May 20, 2015, 20:01 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 20, 2015, 18:20:
His complaints about Steam are spot on and phrased mildly at best if you've ever had to deal with their shitty, near non-existent CS. The client is a pig, cumbersome and inelegant. It's a reflection of Valve's indifference, nay, contempt of their customer base. I too am one of the many that will be going GoG - and any other service or developer trying to go that route as well. And the nore support GoG gets the easier it will be for them to unseat Steam and power can start to swing back to consumers where it belongs.

Many as in less that will take to VR? When you like something "its the many", when you don't "gimmick, niche".

I would love to see GoG be an alternative place to buy games, competition good. But they need to work on their library.

News Comments > 25,000 H1Z1 Bans
9. Re: 25,000 H1Z1 Bans May 20, 2015, 10:34 HorrorScope

Kajetan wrote on May 20, 2015, 10:21:
HorrorScope wrote on May 20, 2015, 10:06:
Kajetan wrote on May 20, 2015, 09:55:
Banning does not improve online gaming.
Banning cheaters to me in a game is an improvement.
And thats the problem. Instead of fixing bugs, companies just ban someone. Its cheap, it makes you feel good and it does not change a thing.

Or it is a problem that you can't fathom a company being able to do more than one thing at a time. I will go as far to say you don't need a coder that can fix the game that way to figure out who is cheating and ban them. For all we know the secretary was assigned this task, while the developers work on bugs and features.

You weren't cheating were you?

Or do you want them to spend most development time seeing what cheaters are doing and coding it so they can't? Probably like any hack, that can go on forever. But a player shouldn't be buying the game and then instead of playing it, figuring out how they can cheat first, then play. I'm sure it is right there in the EULA and pretty much understoo by the community, cheaters are wrong and can be banned.

News Comments > 25,000 H1Z1 Bans
5. Re: 25,000 H1Z1 Bans May 20, 2015, 10:06 HorrorScope

Kajetan wrote on May 20, 2015, 09:55:
Banning does not improve online gaming.

Banning cheaters to me in a game is an improvement.

60. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 19:26 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on May 19, 2015, 18:17:
Was trying to watch some gameplay on Twitch, Jesus that service is *really* fucking annoying. It seems to be either teens who are all gangsta wannabes 'Holy fuck, did you see that shit yo?!' or bimbos in Cosplay gear who are clueless and trying to milk money from guys.

It's fucking near impossible to find a stream of someone just playing at 1080 with no comments or in-game camera of them - really? I came to watch the fucking game, not you. I really just don't get the draw of Twitch with all that horseshit.

Sounds like your first time there.

The horror is the official forums, not what is being said there, but the forum itself, yuck.

Funny watching stream, dude accidentally picks up apple, guards from near and far immediately know he took the apple and they will now just take his life, no arrest, no talking it out. As the dude got on the horse to flee the town, the townspeople are screaming in terror because of this. Dude is saying... "It was just an apple!". Yeah these games need to move this tactic forward, how about a non-discrete guard coming up to you and asking for the goods with a fine on top of that?

Do like going into buildings with zero load times.

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
17. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 10:44 HorrorScope

InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 09:26:
It might not be on purpose, there are reports that on games built using the gameworks framework even the GTX 960 is beating the older 780 GTX, which should not be possible. You see the code could be something that is part and parcel of the framework, something that only Nvidia's newest generation of cards takes advantage of, or more nefariously something that lowers the performance on all but the latest Nvidia cards.

I have been wondering what has been going on here, funny how nefariously looks like nerfs and fits. I haven't read too deep into it yet, but yeah this might get interesting.

28. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 19, 2015, 10:11 HorrorScope

ItBurn wrote on May 19, 2015, 08:45:
I also dislike 3rd person in general. I mean, I can stand it, but I think that the game would be better in first person, as would a lot of other games.

Using a mod in a certain game, it's pretty cool, out of combat it pops into first person, when in combat it pops out to 3rd, a pretty cool option. I always find first person so much more immersive moving around.

News Comments > Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units
3. Re: Take-Two Results: GTA5 Sells 52M Units May 18, 2015, 21:54 HorrorScope

Comment embargo at Blues for Witcher Release thread.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse May 18, 2015, 14:27 HorrorScope

Running out of Internets. Timely for all the politics going on right now.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
20. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 14:18 HorrorScope

Quinn wrote on May 18, 2015, 12:30:
HorrorScope wrote on May 18, 2015, 12:25:
qsto wrote on May 18, 2015, 10:36:
Anyhow, I fail to understand how new set of drivers could have anything to do with "marketing", please enlighten me.

Well in their own words they push their program of "Game Ready" which can only be found on NVidia products. Selling...

The Illuminati are behind this, and everything is a lie! Word.

Well I don't know about all of that, but it does get their name out there. Isn't "Game Ready" the exclusive feature that allows the system to auto-tune drivers for your system and said game? Selling user friendliness... and again getting their name attached to it.

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
39. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 18, 2015, 12:41 HorrorScope

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 17, 2015, 18:05:
Here's a german video that shows many glaring differences from the trailers to release version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIS5WHx4xDk

Throw in youtube crap bitrates... I'd put sweet fx on top of the right. It will look plenty good. The draw distance to me is was stood out the most and it wasn't terribad, just a bit more blurry, could be a setting in the file to adjust that as well. But again with Sweetfx, I'll have it looking better than the old demo.

4764 Comments. 239 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo