Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chili pepper

Real Name chili pepper   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2003, 17:52
Total Comments 57 (Suspect)
User ID 17226

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Update Today
60. No subject Sep 21, 2003, 17:36 chili pepper

"...and we're still committed to doing whatever it takes to make the community happy."

What Vavle really means is, "...and we're still committed to doing whatever it takes to squeeze as much money out of customer's pockets as possible."

It's pretty fucking obvous that is exactly what Steam is designed to do. Worse, it is making people waste countless hours and energy just trying to get it to work! I honestly haven't seen software, beta OR final, this buggy in my entire life! I don't mind a few minor bugs, but Steam's problems are FAR, FAR form minor.

Fuck HL2. I wouldn't play it if they GAVE it away if its going to force me to use Steam. We must not give Valve our money if they are going to us this way.

Giving Valve your money under these circumstances will only encourage them to try to wring even MORE money out of you. Buying HL2 will only encourage Valve to eventually make it IMPOSSIBLE to play their games unless you are a monthly paying customer!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Game Movies - Half-Life 2
22. Holy shit!! Jul 15, 2003, 00:04 chili pepper

That video is freaking awesome.

I thought the original 600 meg vid was impressive but this looks 10 ten times better! I can't believe how real he looks! For you modem users, check out this screenshot:

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=2a7a05aa75706bb28560c749afa4df78&threadid=2368

News Comments > More on Max Payne 2
43. Max Payne Jun 29, 2003, 23:33 chili pepper

Max Payne wins big points for originality. I enjoyed it very much. It had a good story and lots of interesting cutscenes that made you want to keep playing until the bitter end. Sure it can get reptitive at times but the lively story and cutscenes kept things interesting.

The game had lots of humor and personality, which are rare things in an FPS. In that sense, the game reminded me of Duke Nukem 3D. I thought Half-Life was good but could have been a lot better if Gordon Freeman didn't have the personality of a rock.

Replayability and multiplayer is really a non-issue for this type of game so I don't count the lack of those things against it.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Q&A
50. I thought Tribes 1 sucked Jun 26, 2003, 23:07 chili pepper

It was boring as hell. The vehicles sucked, the weapon models sucked, the sounds sucked, the gameplay sucked.

In other words, it sucked.

I hated the first one so bad I don't see the point in trying out T2 unless there's a playable demo. It just looks to me like more of the same T1 crap with better graphics.

News Comments > Halo PC Website
42. Re: HALO PC sux worse than I thought Jun 24, 2003, 20:08 chili pepper

That was the old Halo. My bad. It seems to support online play after all.

News Comments > Halo PC Website
41. HALO PC sux worse than I thought Jun 24, 2003, 20:05 chili pepper

Halo PC has no multiplayer support on the internet! you can only play it by LAN or split-screen!

http://www.gamespy.com/previews/may03/halopcmp/

News Comments > Multiplayer Chaser Demo
21. Pathetic Jun 21, 2003, 21:29 chili pepper

The levels are darker, textures are dark, colors are dark, this game is so dark!

Terrible models, generic level design, frequent lagging even on cable, bland color palette (nothing but dark browns and greys).

There is nothing good about this demo. Did I mention the terribly dark levels??

News Comments > Chrome Q&A
10. Truly an awful game Jun 16, 2003, 14:24 chili pepper

Makes Unreal 2 look like a masterpiece.

btw, it ran smoothly on my system and I only have a 1.2 Athlon/Radeon 9000 pro. Only good thing about it. other than that, the game sucks ass.

News Comments > Metallica Game Announced
86. Make way for the new speed demons Jun 7, 2003, 21:49 chili pepper

They lost their touch eons ago. But then again, y9u can't expect any band to maintain their hard-hitting glory days forever. Which is why they should stepped down ages ago to to save themselves some embarassment. out with the old, in with new! Make way for fresh blood like System!

No doubt in my mind, the current masters of thrash metal are System of a Down (debuted in '98 and going strong). If you haven't heard of them yet, i suggest you cehk them out. They are just mind-blowing and innovative as the old Metallica were.

News Comments > UT2004 Screenshots
46. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2003, 21:42 chili pepper

Console players always look at you funny.

Thats because they become cross-eyed after playing all those split-screen games. That's how consoles do multiplayer, believe it or not.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 21:44.

News Comments > UT2004 Screenshots
44. About UT4, Chrome and Halo Jun 5, 2003, 20:37 chili pepper

I think those screenshots are sweet. You can always rely on the Unreal games for a solid, fun online game. I only hope they tone down the ridiculous speed so it is more like the original UT, one of the best online games ever made. UT3 was good, but UT was much better.

As for the Chrome game, I found it to be one of the crappiest game ever made. If you haven't yet, don't waste your time downloading the 350 mb demo, which takes forever to install. Sure the screenshots looks good, but don't be fooled. Playing it is another story completely. There are a million (major) things wrong with this game, too many to list but a couple things are the god-awful controls and that you can't use any of the vehicles. I can't think of one redeeming quality this game . It is a sad joke. Don't say I didn't warn you.

btw, my guess is that bungie decided to sell to Microsoft because they couldn't get the PC internet code to funtion smoothly. Obvious solution: turn Halo into a console game! Problem solved!

edit: typo

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 20:39.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Whenever
226. Re: DNF FAQ Jun 3, 2003, 16:45 chili pepper

Either sheer incompetence, or DNF has some never before seen stuff that only a crazy fast machine can handle.

I won't hold my breathe, but maybe I'll cross my fingers.

223. DNF FAQ Jun 3, 2003, 14:03 chili pepper

from 3DR website. Still Says the requriements they are going for is a 2.5 ghz to play DNF if I'm not mistaken.

216. WarPig, Jun 3, 2003, 01:18 chili pepper

Your uncle is the exception not the rule. In the corporate world, its dog eat dog, nice guys finish last, etc.

And no, it might be nice to be rich, but I'm comfortable and happy where I'm at right now. I'm not rich, but not struggling either. Money doesn't necessarily buy happiness.

Many people get rich by ripping people off (Enron scandal, PG&E defrauding Californian taxpayers, Nike using sweatshop labor, etc.). So if to be rich means I have to screw over my fellow man (in most cases), I'm not interested nor do I glorify wealth.

213. No subject Jun 2, 2003, 23:50 chili pepper

You don't get to be a millionaire by being a nice guy. At least not in the business world.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Preview
114. Well, if you're an RPG player, Jun 1, 2003, 05:44 chili pepper

and I am not, you probably won't care about the graphics that much. To their credit, the makers of Deus Ex 2 are not trying to compete with the big FPS titles like D3 and HL2. The first DX looked relatively terrible but it did well as an RPG game. Many enjoyed the story aspect of the game without getting bored to tears like I did, so I don't want to slam it too much (though the levels still look pathetic).

But the Deus Ex players need to quit trying to compare it to the HL games! They are two different genres with two different goals and target audiences in mind!:o

109. Re: Half-Life is great at what it does Jun 1, 2003, 00:54 chili pepper

Deus Ex 2 graphics = Quake 1 Tenebrae

No question about it. Take a closer look. The levels lack any kind of real-world detail. A typical DX2 level looks like it consists of 4 walls, a ceiling and a floor, covered up with hi-res textures. There's something very sterile and artificial about it. As if they're attempting to mask the shoddy level-design with a cheap gimmick. A 3rd grader could do better work.

143. Re: DNF Trailer May 30, 2003, 20:30 chili pepper

Yeah that trailer rocks.

Hope I can find a bigger version of it. And I wonder why its not on the 3DR website.

140. DNF Trailer May 30, 2003, 20:14 chili pepper

Just saw a trailer for DNF. I didn't know one existed. Looks sweet! Too bad the game may never get done.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link:

http://www.gametrailers.com/index.html

Scroll all the way down the page (not the window)--look under Take-Two Interactive. Quicktime format.

This comment was edited on May 30, 20:17.

93. Half-Life is great at what it does May 30, 2003, 15:41 chili pepper

its silly to try to compare it to Deus Ex. Half-Life looks ten times better and has challenging gameplay but not much of a story. Deus Ex has a storyline but looks like crap.

(check out the new screenshots of Deus Ex Invisible War & you'll see what I mean. The graphics are downright primitive looking. Its uncanny how they resemble Quake 1 levels).

If I want superior graphics, gameplay, fantastic level design, the best multiplayer game on the internet, the best support, I get all of that by playing Half-Life and its mods. If I want an in-depth storyline, I'll go read a damn mystery novel! Really, Deus Ex offers nothing that an ordinary paperback novel doesn't.

btw, Medal of Honor is way better than Deus Ex because it has a great single-player story AND incredible graphics.

57 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo