Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Miles

Real Name Miles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Proudfoot
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.proudfootimaging.com/
Signed On May 25, 2003, 02:52
Total Comments 101 (Novice)
User ID 17200

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Horizons Sold
12. Re: look at this Jul 21, 2006, 19:22 Proudfoot

Wasn't Horizions the love child of the original guy from Everquest and 'The Vision™'?

Um, nope. One went to SOE, the other started his own group, but thats for Vanguard.

The guy who 'created' Horizons did Demise before it. Low budget stuff.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Portal Movie
59. Re: Now watch... Jul 18, 2006, 20:41 Proudfoot

This whole "Portal" stuff isn't new. You could create the same effect in Descent 1. Remember that game? My brother and I messed with Devil (the level editor) and you could create alternate rooms through the same opening, without any graphic problems, which is exactly what the portals are in Prey.

This is not that impressive.

News Comments > Mythic Joins UO Team
5. Re: No subject Jun 30, 2006, 22:05 Proudfoot

I can just picture that conversation:

EA:"Well, glad to have you (Mythic) under our wing, I'm sure we'll get along great! Oh, and go fix UO, then we'll talk about this expansion you were wanting for DAoC."

News Comments > Darkstar One Demo
33. Re: Same ol Jun 30, 2006, 22:02 Proudfoot

For you old Schoolers, remember Sun Dog? What about Star Flight, Space Rogue or even Sentinnel Worlds? These all had this element and it worked great. Until this happens, this game and many others like it, are more of the same with a prettier face.

Nothing has even come close to the glory of Starflight and Sentinel Worlds.

Starflight and its 'universe' were just mind-blowing, and Sentinel Worlds... well boarding hostile ships is still the best tactic ever.

If someone went back and made a 3D version of Sentinel Worlds, with ground combat to-boot, I'd be a happy claim.

I've downloaded this demo, haven't gotten to it yet (work), but Titans Quest is just bleh. Locking a camera in a 3D world should be an option for those too uncoordinated to control it (like..VE's Apache!) heh.

News Comments > D&D Online Solo Mode Dawns
6. Re: Solo DDO? Jun 14, 2006, 14:00 Proudfoot

I'm not sure why anyone would want to pay $$$ for an online game and then expect to be able to play it solo? Wouldn't you be better off with something like Oblivion, Dungeon Siege, NWN, Vampire, etc. as these are all offline games.

I tire of these statements. Onling game does not mean FORCED TO GROUP. Did you group in UO? Didn't think so. EQ is what set this entire facist trip.

How often is Oblivion updated (official), or Dungeon Siege, Vampire? These games are static and stale in short order if you play through them. Diablo 1-2 had a longer shelf life b/c the game randomized the content. Most MMO's have content additions at regular intervals, more so than most any other single player games.

MMORPG's have appeal to those who want to play in another 'world', while having the options or have time-constraints to do what they want. Just because it says "MMO" doesn't mean you HAVE TO GROUP TO PLAY. It means, there are a bunch of other players who are in the game world too! (gasp)

Socializing is not powerleveling through levels 5-10. That's what you may think. People who can't grasp the concept that the EQ layout sucked... need some help.

Vanguard will have similar issues to DDO, simply because the larger market of MMO players are older now, and most of the kiddies play the kidBox 360 online. (Hence the horrible outcome of Oblivion's interface).

Anyway, MMO does not mean you have to group.

News Comments > Gold - Titan Quest
14. Re: No subject Jun 2, 2006, 19:08 Proudfoot

I didn't care much for the demo either. The appeal of Diablo was each game session was just slightly different. Random placement of the mobs, and random designs of the areas kept it 'fresh' alot longer than most games.

/still patiently waiting for that Diablo 3 announcement

What, you never heard of Hellgate: London? heh Blizzard can't make Diablo 3, they don't actually have anyone creative still working there.

News Comments > NWN Infinite Dungeons
11. Re: Proof that RPGs are for the Numb Min May 28, 2006, 12:33 Proudfoot

Random + dungeon = does not work...

Riiiight. Like Diablo didn't work. Or Diablo 2?

News Comments > Titan Quest Demo
21. Re: No subject May 10, 2006, 20:42 Proudfoot

Too simple. After running around in it there were several issues I saw, and it just wasn't 'fun' like Diablo was.

The camera is the killer. 3D world, let us see it! Locked perspective sucks b/c you can't zoom in and do anything but walk 'up' the screen, impossible to go down if zoomed in to see the pretty carnage.

This is Dungeon Siege mixed with Diablo. Turns into fairly boring gameplay. My wife agrees. Top that off with no replayability; Diablo at least had the randomizing of locations/monsters.

/pass, give me Hellgate

News Comments > Fury Announced
13. Re: MMO #32709 May 6, 2006, 01:02 Proudfoot

I think its a misread. I don't think they are "launching" the game during E3... I think they mean game stuff being 'launched' at E3.. like vids, play sessions, screenshots (all 2 of em eh?)

News Comments > Wildlife Park 2 English Demo
1. Starforce May 5, 2006, 02:42 Proudfoot

Downloaded to check it out for the wife and kid, and the dreaded Starforce screen showed up.

Be warned! (which I just uninstalled and didn't even attempt to play it) Starforce for a damn demo?

News Comments > Bethesda on Oblivion's Rating
19. Re: No subject May 4, 2006, 11:42 Proudfoot

I'm not sure some of you understand. Its not that a nudity patch was added, its that the actual mesh/texture was in the BSA file from Bethesda. The mod? Someone simply extracted the NIF from the BSA and put it into a folder. Topless women, done.

So I don't think they're getting on the modders, they're getting on Bethesda for having the nudity built into the BSA.

I think its dumb as hell, of course, but just wanted to include that if Tomb Raider had a mesh built-in for nude Lara, they'd get slapped too.

News Comments > Gold - Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion
32. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2006, 14:02 Proudfoot

Out of the system requirements, I hope most of you noticed the DVD-ROM required?

Not many people caught that part. It won't ship on CD.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Sequels
8. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2006, 20:00 Proudfoot

The only part that got midly boring was about 70% into the game, the offic run-about. Before and after that the game was just top-notch.

The mech busting through walls had to of at least startled some people, I know it surprised (aka scared) me pretty good.

And yes, the ending was worth the 'what the hell are these warping bastards doing!?!' part.

News Comments > Shadowgrounds English Demo
14. Re: No subject Feb 2, 2006, 21:22 Proudfoot

Yea, the game is 2-4 player coop.

And yes, this is a great game to support. Finally, someone making a game with detail in it (where's the detail in id engine games?)

The power lines overhead shaking from the wind, the little bugs on the floor that 'squish' when you step on them, the flashlight/shadow system is way cool. Heat from the fire is well done (harhar).

It does have an old-school feel to it, like Take No Prisoners.

Nice to be interested in a new game for a change.

News Comments > New Cold War Demo
5. Re: No more Deam Catcher Oct 26, 2005, 20:52 Proudfoot

I've never understood comments like this in relation to publishers. Why boycott every game a publisher releases? You might not like one of their products, but it hardly seems fair to the people who actually make the games.

Because the Publisher pushed the product to market in its current condition, regardless of if the game was done. Now, blame devs for slow workflow, but its the publisher who demanded the release.

News Comments > Lineage II Expands
3. Re: heh Dec 8, 2004, 20:25 Proudfoot

Class? The whole game is gimp. Only masochistic cultist boys play the damn game anyway.

Ooo look, jiggly boobies! Ooo look, girls underwear!
Ooo look, a dark elf male warrior who's skinnier than Jim Carey and has a 'tough man' expression. So macho!

News Comments > Game Movies - Far Cry Tech Demo
16. Re: i don't get it Dec 2, 2004, 21:59 Proudfoot

EQ2 has self shadows and is 'out now'. The graphics in the game can't even be turned up all the way on any system available right now. lol.

I'm waiting for someone to make another game with the Cry Engine, it puts Doom3 down and was released before it. (Didn't help that Doom3 was made for kids).

News Comments > WoW Closed Beta Ends
11. Re: Heheh Oct 29, 2004, 00:43 Proudfoot

lol, that would be too funny if the WoW Open Beta started on Nov. 8th.

News Comments > Chris Sawyer's Locomotion Demo
22. Re: oy Sep 5, 2004, 00:13 Proudfoot

It's time limited probably due to having only a few art items in use. You wouldn't be able to upgrade to new engines/buses/trucks for example, so rather than change code to not show them, limit the time so there's now way you can get to 1950 and get the streamlined steam engines...

News Comments > Chris Sawyer's Locomotion Demo
20. Re: oy Sep 4, 2004, 22:52 Proudfoot

Also, keep in mind that the game isn't just "Designed by" Chris Sawyer, he IS the game designer. He out-sources only a handful of things to others, but he does the design, coding, production, art, etc.

He's not just a stiff standing around going 'damn i'm good' like some Texas guys do...

101 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo