Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Miles

Real Name Miles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Proudfoot
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.proudfootimaging.com/
Signed On May 25, 2003, 02:52
Total Comments 101 (Novice)
User ID 17200

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Arena Tournament
7. Re: WoW PvP.... Apr 11, 2008, 19:46 Proudfoot

Blue's post doesn't mention that you have to pay an extra $20 to use the Arena servers per six weeks.

Yea, skillz with the wallet!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Requiem: Bloodymare Trailer
1. No subject Mar 24, 2008, 19:24 Proudfoot

"You had better find a light soon, or a grue might get you!"

Ahh classic one Blue... wonder if the kiddies have any idea what that is.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Follow-up
26. Re: woohoo Feb 6, 2008, 20:45 Proudfoot

If you take too long to release a game, nobody will care anymore. Lesson learned.

News Comments > Earthrise Announced
2. Re: Keeping an eye on this one... Jan 23, 2008, 19:50 Proudfoot

Agreed. If they can keep the ideals of the game intact, it will be like AO meets AC, with modern graphics (b/c neither of those others have modern graphics).

That would be pretty cool.

News Comments > Hellgate London Lifetime Subscription Deadline
31. Re: No subject Jan 22, 2008, 13:06 Proudfoot

It is? So why do cable and sattelite companies collect a monthly fee from us?

Um, last I checked, the Superbowl isn't broadcast on a 'sattelite/cable' only channel.

You don't need cable to see the Superbowl, just a TV.

News Comments > Gears of War and Windows LIVE Issue
22. Re: No subject Nov 7, 2007, 21:32 Proudfoot

The live login thing to save your single player games is utterly lame however.

You can't be serious. A single-player aspect of a game requiring you to use the Internet to SAVE the game?

Ya know, after all the complaints I was still thinking of picking it up, but does MS really think everyone's ISP is 'tha bomb!'? COX goes down (off) about twice a week, and my OFFLINE games continue to work... ugh how dumb.

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Delay
23. Re: No subject Oct 2, 2007, 20:56 Proudfoot

WoW might as well ship with a giant "WIN" button anyway, since the game is so easy and so "Care-bear" friendly that even women can play it and succeed.

MMO fans are made of nothing but fail.

DAMN, you condescend people for failing at life for playing a video game, but then put statements like that in? LOL, wonder if you're even married, if so, ask her to proof-read that post for ya.

You fail at life for not thinking about anyone else.

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Delay
22. Re: ... Oct 2, 2007, 20:53 Proudfoot

That'd be the devs who gave interviews and over-promised the features of the game. It'd also be RG, for promising that TR would give you a blowjob while doing your laundry. I was hyped as hell about this game. I even participated in all the contests to get in to the beta. And it was fun until the patch in early July (or as I like to call it, the shitty patch). But even that game would have been lame after a month or two.

I'd have to agree. The July 3rd patch was certainly the shinning beacon of "the end" when they removed a ton of fun and replaced it with "every other MMO mechanic".

After that point I began losing interest, seeing where the devs were going to take the game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Settlers: Rise of an Empire
2. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2007, 19:49 Proudfoot

One thing I'm wondering, which will help me decide to pick it up, is if the multi maps, or 'free-play' maps are randomly generated.

If the maps are just a selection of static ones (like C&C) then it will get old fast. Haven't seen any mention of this kind of thing though.

News Comments > Tarr Chronicles Patch, Updated Demo
11. Re: I hope it works this time Sep 21, 2007, 20:24 Proudfoot

It actually seemed like a good space shooter (though not quite a space-sim), but the translated dialog is impenetrable and read too quickly. It also looked like it might lack depth and get boring after a few missions.

The issue I have is this: The demo is 2 full missions. The game's website lists features as 9 missions. Thats just way too short, considering the demo only took about an hour to go through 2 of the 9 missions.

News Comments > NIMF on Manhunt 2
1. Is this for 360? Jun 22, 2007, 19:06 Proudfoot

Is this game on the Xbox 360? That's about the only connection I can gather for the "make games for kids" notion that they are passing off.

The PC users (like me) don't really give a rats, but I guess even mainstream views are consoles are for kiddies, hehe.

News Comments > Lost Planet PC Demos
23. Re: unable to play game need help May 16, 2007, 05:33 Proudfoot

Nate, post #5 has yer answer.

News Comments > Spore Delayed
11. Re: Ah hell! May 8, 2007, 23:47 Proudfoot

Ok come'on Jerykk, the PC has generations;

The old grumpy gamers (like me), and the retard kids. Thats just two of the many generations for the PC!

News Comments > On Vanguard's Future
27. Re: No subject May 1, 2007, 16:40 Proudfoot

Bleh. Six and seven year olds are not like they were when I was a youngin. My seven year old has played EQ, WoW, SWG, DAoC and EQ2 (Currently playing EQ2 trio...we play as a family on the weekends)and does just fine. Infact, I'd have to say the youngin has more maturity and spelling skills then the average player we bump into. Judging a person by age is wrong. Not all players who are young are ignorant dorks, and not all old players are smart intelligent perfect groupmates. You cannot judge a book by it's cover. And WoW is not a mmorpg lite. If you play the game, grouping and so on it's just as involving as any other game out there, minus the dumb timesinks.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Open Beta World Tour
17. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2007, 20:18 Proudfoot

And see them you will. In the first five minutes, you'll see the little ring above the quest giver's head, beckoning for you to talk to him/her. Very WoWish. You'll see an interface that is WoWish, such as the bags in the corner (doesn't look/work nearly as good as WoW either). The chat system.. well, chat is chat I guess, but also like WoW (linkable text, for example).

And with them comes great misguided references...

WoW didn't invent anything except rest bonus for being logged out. (Which EQ2 promptly put in about 2 months after release).

Linkable items in chat? Ever heard of AO? They did that years ago and had SOE follow suit with EQ1, then EQ2, and lastly WoW. Like WoW? no

Radar in the corner OMGSHS!! UO anyone? Like WoW? no

People who have entered the market with WoW don't understand that there were no original features IN WoW. Heck even their content was ripped from other sources (ie Warhammer).

I've played the LoTR beta for a few weeks, duo'd with my wife. It works. One thing it has the other top dogs don't have is loot. Theres plenty of random loot items that drop for you to play with.

It has tons of quests, putting WoW Pre-BC to shame.

Downside? Its not really epic, and if you make a Rohan character, you'll get to share yer newb yard with the other races? Each race should of had their own newb yard, not just the 5min intro instance.

Dwarves start with the elves? Yea. Good Tolkien lore there.

News Comments > New Star Wars Galaxies Chapter
8. Re: For what it's worth... Feb 22, 2007, 19:57 Proudfoot

Why do they keep Planetside going, for that matter? One expansion total; not popular; very small but hardcore fanbase; horrible balance issues that most of the long-timers rail against constantly.

Because Planetside has a niche market space. FPS MMO's aren't really common. What, PS and WW2 Online? People still play it, and I'd bet in the same numbers as SWG :p

News Comments > Gold - Silverfall
12. Re: madness Feb 13, 2007, 19:47 Proudfoot

I take it you've never played WOW before. Because that's how WOW is set up, and Dungeon seige 1 and 2 for that matter.

Huh? Uh no. You don't ever get naked in WoW when you die/res... you don't have to fight through those elites naked to get to your gear, dork.

Different system. Monte Cristo copied Everquest...

News Comments > City of Heroes/City of Villains Plans [Corrected]
6. Re: Wow... Jan 25, 2007, 12:57 Proudfoot

The grind is just brutal in CoH/CoV. Theres really nothing else to do and thats a real downer since the idea of the game is so fun.

Jumping over entire buildings, running at mach 5, destroying 10-12 bad guys at once is pretty darn fun, but only getting 2exp for those 10-12 guys means you have to do it 5,332,123 times to ding one leve. Bleh.

I've gotten to 34 as my highest character over the years of its life, and I'm not sure if I'll get any further.

I have 2 level 60's in WoW as comparison, and if they kept the double exp in CoH, I'd play it more.

News Comments > DAoC to Expand
10. Re: .. Aug 16, 2006, 21:01 Proudfoot

The truth hurts, as they say, so much that your in denial. The population is quite stable compared to what? Not any other MMO, and not any other point in DAoC's history. It's THREE normal servers, THREE! Your dreaming if you think the there will be any significant population increase for another expansion even on the very short term. I played from the beginning for 3.5 years and I had a hard time letting go as well. You can do it.

Uh, there are 21 North American servers. 22 with Pendragon.
I'm not sure how many Euro servers there are.

Clusters are not servers. It just means you can cross from your server to another server in the cluster. It's brilliant btw.

News Comments > WoW Class Crossovers
14. Re: A bit crap, really Jul 22, 2006, 01:10 Proudfoot

the obvious one instead of paladin on the horde side would be death knight which already exsists within warcraft3 and he even heals via damage spells, and I'm sure they could come up with something for alliance instead of shamans, but its pathetic what they have decided to do, its almost as if wow has been taken over by a different dev team then the one from launch, bad choices all over the place, i hear the new pvp changes are a joke also.

Eh? News Flash 101: It has been taken over by idiots.

The dev team that built the game is no longer at Blizzard *cough*Roper*cough*. When Bill Roper high-tailed it b/c Vivendi showed signs they wanted to sell their gaming division, without Roper's input, Roper left, and took a large chunk of the dev team with him.

So, what did Blizzard do? They went and snagged up several ex-Everquest devs, thinking they had a clue how to make a good online game. Yes, now you can understand the downhill spiral.

Even the animations post-Roper & friends suck. Look at the griffon animation while ridding and compare it to the wyvern/bat think. (which was done in late beta, Roper left before Beta opened).

101 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo