Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Miles

Real Name Miles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Proudfoot
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.proudfootimaging.com/
Signed On May 25, 2003, 02:52
Total Comments 101 (Novice)
User ID 17200

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Project Hell Becomes Hellraid
7. Re: Project Hell Becomes Hellraid Apr 29, 2013, 15:46 Proudfoot

Sounds a lot like Hexen/Heretic 3.0 to me. Might be good.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 26, 2013, 10:03 Proudfoot

It was worse with the new Tomb Raider. Multiplayer, really? And all DLC post release is for multiplayer only... REALLY?

Not sure what this 90's fascination is with adding 'deathmatch' stuff to a game just to try and have it linger longer in the sales area. Just give us a good game and some mod tools and the game will sell for years.

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Apr 25, 2013, 10:02 Proudfoot

nin wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 09:20:
Evochron Mercenary version 2.488.

I still keep meaning to install this.

I still keep meaning to understand it.

I have it installed but man, the learning curve and gameworld are HUGE.

News Comments > Mark Jacobs' Camelot Unchained Kickstarter
7. Re: Mark Jacobs' Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Apr 2, 2013, 16:49 Proudfoot

Gotta agree with wtf_man on this. Frior was the main meat behind DAoC, Jacobs was just the boss.

Also, the balance with just being a PvP game should be easier than balancing PvE with PvP. This new one has NO monsters, its all PvP.

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
68. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 19, 2013, 17:44 Proudfoot

So, wasn't there a game a few years back from Microsoft, Shadow something-or-other that was cross-platform but they wouldn't allow PC gamers to play against console gamers b/c they found the mouse/kb users OWNED the controller folks in their beta tests?

Sure, Bungie revolutionized gaming by using the controller to shoot stuff... mmkay

News Comments > Deus Ex Film Director & Writer
11. Re: Deus Ex Film Director & Writer Nov 15, 2012, 23:01 Proudfoot

Hmm, just recently rewatched Eureka and think Ed Quinn, the guy that played Nathan Stark, would be a good Jensen. May be a bit too old now, but with that beard, stick on some cybernetics, it would work.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Film Plans
28. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Film Plans Jul 10, 2012, 16:41 Proudfoot

sauron wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 13:53:
I have a horrible feeling they'll cast Tom Cruise in the lead role. And use the story from DX2, lol.

The guy that played Nathan Stark on Eureka would pass as Jensen.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August
20. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Jun 4, 2012, 21:42 Proudfoot

Bah. Some of us are old. We remember when peopled played -the game- and didn't play -the leaderboard-.

Most of the online shooter community is either using a controller ... *cough* or is only interested in being the highest frag count.

Adding bots in allows a lot more people to enjoy a game while giving the option of having other players at the same time. I don't see a downside, unless the bots are hacked Reaperbots who always knew where you were at all times... (UT bots were the best, you could actually sneak up on them.)

I haven't played CS in years, but this looks like a nice upgrade.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews May 31, 2012, 19:33 Proudfoot

Wallshadows wrote on May 31, 2012, 16:37:
As much as I love D3, that game should have been much, much longer.

Fixed it for ya.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 15, 2012, 21:10 Proudfoot

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 15, 2012, 20:34:
ASeven wrote on Apr 15, 2012, 15:45:
I haven't felt addicted to a game as much as to Grimrock in a long, long while. Forgot how sweet the DM-type of gameplay is.

Can't wait for user content to start flooding. If they can recreate the Wizardrys, DM and the 3 EotBs then there will be enough gaming material here to last for several months.

Did you play Skyrim? Cause damn......

Not sure where you're going with this, but the 'content' for Skyrim hasn't been very ... content-y. Naked chics, armor for naked chics, over-sized naked chics, over-sized weapons, and a buttload of texture mods.

The few 'quest' mods I've tried were ok, some crash repeatedly.

Skyrim seems, to me, to be alot smaller than Oblivion was. With 2 playthroughs, one rogue/backstabber (who can barely kill a dragon) and one warrior 1h/shield, I've covered the map. Sure I may have missed a few pot holes of mobs...

Anyway I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been fairly disappointed at the Skyrim mods. I use both Nexus and Workshop to browse/add/play.

News Comments > Skyrim Ships 10M; "Fastest Selling Title in Steam's History"
41. Re: Skyrim Ships 10M; Dec 17, 2011, 13:29 Proudfoot

Creston wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 22:39:
Bethesda probably saw this news and went "Should we put five cents of extra effort into our next PC version? NAHHHH."

Creston

Yea, I don't think the people replying to this news realize that only about 1/5 of that is PC sales. Majority of the 10 million is 360 and PS3.

News Comments > RIFT Patch and Event Plans
4. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 25, 2011, 17:08 Proudfoot

In PvE multiclassing, mostly wondering if it's worth the point loss and not really sure how to ask this.... Can a solo class level 50 toon max there abilities and would have extra points for a second class anyway? Or is each class not designed to be solo and you really NEED to multiclass?

You can put 51 talent points into a single tree (although most only need 30 or so). You will have 66 points total at level 50.

News Comments > DC Universe Online Next Month
20. Re: DC Universe Online Next Month Dec 21, 2010, 19:54 Proudfoot

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2010, 11:32:
Cutter nailed it folks. Great looking game, runs smoothly, but even more limited in character creation then City of Heroes/Villains.

Yep, gotta agree here. I've been in the 'press' beta since Turkeyday, and it just doesn't have the ability to hold my attention. And since every action is click activiated, its like a 3D Diablo (the first Diablo, remember those click attacks per swing? ITS BACK!)

This is a console game and shouldn't even bother with PC sales. Its interface is just too clunky as well (ala vanilla Oblivion).

Was hoping that the last 8.6gig patch/client would have change the gameplay somehow, but alas, it did not.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Feb 18, 2010, 19:55 Proudfoot

Tumbler wrote on Feb 18, 2010, 12:38:
Didn't realize AC2 on the PC required an internet connection 24/7 to play it, that's insane. Pay $10 more and you can get a game that doesn't require that and you actually own it too...tough choice. Or you can rent it...like I did.

Bioshock 2 won't let me save unless I'm logged into Windows Live. That shocked the hell out of me. AC2 sounds like the same kind of thing.

Single-player games shouldn't require the internet unless they were purchased from an internet vendor (like Steam).

News Comments > Rumored Mass Effect 2 Day One DLC Details
13. Re: Rumored Mass Effect 2 Day One DLC Details Jan 15, 2010, 20:47 Proudfoot

I have to agree with Ray and Prophet;

When a company has 'extra' content ready to be bought within only days of a games release to store shelves, it just sounds like bad business.

Why wasn't this content in the release? Different dev group? Why was the game delayed... put the dev groups together! I too prefer the thick expansion boxes over the piddle from the internet releases.

-PF

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer
6. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Aug 24, 2009, 19:51 Proudfoot

Story wise, if I go form the oringal to this and skip Clear Sky, do I miss Much (never finished first one despite enjoying, about %60 though)

I recommend finishing that bad-boy. The last part of the game is freaky cool once you get to the actual reactor. Just make sure you are Rad-safe, lol.

I didn't get Clear Sky as it sounded like it wasn't anything like Shadows. I'm not sure I'll pick this one up for awhile either, the game has a track record of "horribly buggy at release".

News Comments > The Old Republic & Word Filters
8. Re: The Old Republic & Word Filters Apr 28, 2009, 21:27 Proudfoot

I wouldn't talk about all my sexual adventures in an MMO, and neither should a homosexual.

This sums it up. There is no reason to have the words 'gay' and 'lesbian' in the database for Star Wars. The only uses they'd have to the MMO population is to use as insults, which is exactly why Bioware wanted to sensor them.

Having the conversation of something like "Hey I'm gay, that cool with you?" Why the hell would that be important in a computer game??

Grow up people.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 18, 2009, 19:49 Proudfoot

I'd have to agree on the strange Fallout 3 praise. I'd say Dead Space was closer to a GOTY award for me than Fallout 3.  

News Comments > Flagship Lives!?
31. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2008, 02:58 Proudfoot

Most of them left Blizz because they thought they were better, and could produce a better game. I'll bet Blizz will let them back if they came crawling, through a pile of burning bile up through the pits of hell after they've fought death matches with toothpicks.

Actually Bill Roper left Blizzard during WoW Alpha b/c Vivendi wanted to sell off Blizzard North, and didn't want any input from Roper about it. This pissed him off to no end, so he left.

When he left, several biggies left with him.

News Comments > DNF Sighting
55. Re: No subject May 5, 2008, 23:57 Proudfoot

Not exactly. Duke Nukem 3D set the bar on interactivity.

It's hardly off the mark. The game came out over ten years ago. Whatever it contributed has been improved upon, surpassed, and even made obsolete since then.

Ok smarty. Name me a 'modern' FPS game that has ALL of these interactive tidbits:

Kick trash can, rats come out
Light switches that actually can be used
Mirrors
Strippers who do stuff for cash (and they did..)
Outlets that shock you when used
Jetpacks
One-way mirrors
Camera terminals that let you use them
Let you freeze then shatter an opponent, T2 style
Flush toilets
Open/Close doors manually (not auto doors that you run into)

And more, I'm sure I'm forgetting.

You may dislike the timetable that Duke is on, but you can't sit there and ignore what it did for gaming.

101 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo