Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Miles

Real Name Miles   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Proudfoot
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.proudfootimaging.com/
Signed On May 25, 2003, 02:52
Total Comments 101 (Novice)
User ID 17200

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch
25. Re: Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch Dec 3, 2013, 16:58 Proudfoot

I don't post often but I do want to chime in here. PoE is a good, fun game for those wanting Diablo 2.5. (even has the same map!)

The skill tree is awesome though, with branches going in all kinds of directions. I've only played through the normal difficulty so far, with a Templar, but the character was surprisingly fun and unique. Tactics used included Ground Slam for hordes coming toward you, Fire(or flame) Shield so that when a horde did get to you, cast + drink heal, few seconds later when the monsters deplete the fire shield... KABOOOM! Everything around me dies.. sweet!

And my main attack caused the target to explode on death, hurting nearby enemies.

Messing around with the Scion (holy cow she has tons of skill paths) and a rogue dude that is creeping towards trap damage increases.

Good stuff.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
31. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 15:05 Proudfoot

Flo wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 10:40:
I want this game, I really do, but somehow I have a bad feeling about it. But this can't go wrong, can it? Anyway, waiting to spend my money on release day.

Hellgate London started out like this. (ambitious, cool features, awesome graphics, ...)

Just saying.

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
2. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 10:16 Proudfoot

It really is just a reason to continue milking customers for a non-subscription based game.

I do wonder what kind of profit quarterly the Auction House is making for Actibliz.

News Comments > Sony Online Entertainment Layoffs
14. Re: Sony Online Entertainment Layoffs Aug 29, 2013, 11:47 Proudfoot

Not good. Laying off people while a game is in full production (the EQNext WoW clone), not good for them.

Usually the layoffs come near launch or after, as the artists/coders head on to greener pastures.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 15, 2013, 00:36 Proudfoot

Its so high in U.S. because its a sin to see flesh, ergo lets see that forbidden flesh.

Its not like that in other countries (most of Europe for example), flesh is common place.

News Comments > X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers
64. Re: X Rebirth in November; Specs; Trailers Aug 9, 2013, 09:47 Proudfoot

I'm a little speechless. (The scale video helps too).

I too am one of the ones who bought the other X games but have had problems getting past the controls. Maybe this weekend I'll try again... because this beast Rebirth looks epic.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Aug 3, 2013, 11:11 Proudfoot

D4rkKnight wrote on Aug 2, 2013, 23:41:
I looked at the pictures on their website for the product and it only showed the original single disc for Skyrim. In the description it says it includes the expansions but they need to fix their image.

Being that the DLC's are STEAM only, I'd guess with the purchase of the anthology, the DLC's will be part of the code# you put in Steam when registering that copy of Skyrim.

It states all DLC's for Skyrim are included.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer Details
13. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Multiplayer Details Jul 31, 2013, 17:08 Proudfoot

Verno wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 12:31:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 12:28:
Yet another example of adding MP when nobody asked for it.

Agreed. People say it doesn't detract from the singleplayer campaigns at all but I've found that not to be the case in several games, there's often design concessions made for MP you can see in ability or level design.

Like all the DLC for Tomb Raider being MULTI only... /bonk

News Comments > Torchlight II Sells 2 Million
3. Re: Torchlight II Sells 2 Million Jul 25, 2013, 10:24 Proudfoot

They should be thanking Blizzard.

If D3 had been good, T2 would have not sold as well.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
42. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 12:02 Proudfoot

bwhaha, at 3:45 they totally remake the DeNiro robbery from Heat.  

News Comments > Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned?
25. Re: Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned? Jul 1, 2013, 16:00 Proudfoot

Creston wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 14:24:

Zelda: Skyward Sword had a game-breaking bug. You could bug Dragon's Age and X-COM to kill progress, too.

At least, though, you can play them. Not being able to connect to servers is horrendous.

Could add Vampire: The Masquerade to that. It literlly didn't work on release to most, but post patching from fanbase has fixed, improved, and added content. If it had been a server-driven online only DRM, it never would have made a cent.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer
7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 10:43 Proudfoot

So you can play ESO and require a group of 5 to take down that Frost Atronach, or you can log into Skyrim and take one down on your own.

The MMO part is going to kill the feeling of power in the player (as most MMO's have very little power in the players hands).

Just doesn't seem like it will work to me. (or for me).

News Comments > Saints Row 4 War for Humanity Trailer
14. Re: Saints Row 4 War for Humanity Trailer Jun 6, 2013, 15:23 Proudfoot

NKD wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 12:14:
Haha what! Two Shaundis? I always wondered what happened to stoner Shaundi (Eliza Dushku) guess they are bringing both of them back... And Keith David AS Keith David? Fuck this is amazing.

Seems these days you can't save humanity without some help from Captain Anderson

News Comments > Hellraid E3 Trailer
4. Re: Hellraid E3 Trailer Jun 6, 2013, 10:51 Proudfoot

Fantaz wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 10:13:
So this is a First Person (Non-)Shooter? Will there be some stats system with inventory/treasure/loot?

It's a Dead Island TC. Doubt they fleshed out the inventory system.

News Comments > RIFT Free-to-Play Next Month
16. Re: RIFT Free-to-Play Next Month May 15, 2013, 10:44 Proudfoot

Verno wrote on May 15, 2013, 09:49:
BitWraith wrote on May 15, 2013, 09:45:
It's like XBOX live (which I never use). I pay it yearly because it's so cheap, and it's there if I need it.

Err sorry to nitpick but pet peeve with XBL, you pay for Xbox Live because you have to, they just make it seem like there's a choice

Um, I don't get this. I've had XBOX 360 for years now and never paid for the Live membershit... membership. The only thing paying gets you is chat with buddies and Netflix. (Which is a con having to pay someone else to use a service you are paying for too...)

I have work and PC's for those (respectively).

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots May 15, 2013, 10:00 Proudfoot

Ah cool, the Geth got upgraded!  

News Comments > Bethesda Game Vulnerability
16. Re: Bethesda Game Vulnerability May 12, 2013, 14:22 Proudfoot

jimnms wrote on May 12, 2013, 13:05:
Since when do you need an exploit to crash a Bethesda game?

Quote of the week right there!

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gameplay Video
10. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 12:35 Proudfoot

Creston wrote on May 9, 2013, 11:55:
Fuuuuuccckkk YEAH!

Looks fun, but I'm definitely worried that they're making you waaaaaaaaay too powerful. I just hope that it has a lot more to actually, you know, DO this time around. SR3 was pretty empty, imo.

Creston

From what I've seen, the superpowers are to fight the aliens. So its likely that the street cops and other human forces won't be much trouble, but the main bad guys are gonna hurt.

News Comments > Ubisoft Fires Désilets
4. Re: Ubisoft Fires Désilets May 7, 2013, 16:56 Proudfoot

Ouch, that has to suck for him. So he has difference of vision with Ubisoft and leaves... has to wait before he can resume working on a game and after he does... the company he moved to gets acquired by evil corp. he just left.

Whoever this Desilets is, gotta feel for em with that circle of fate.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed May 6, 2013, 11:40 Proudfoot

Creston wrote on May 6, 2013, 10:29:
I think those are mostly cooperative though? Are there any F2P competitive games that don't have this exact problem?

Creston

True, but even Cryptic shafts its F2P group with things like less experience than a paid subscriber.

I was sub'd and trying to get the wife/daughter to play Champions and had them set up with regular F2P accounts, and while playing with them I was gaining levels faster than they were... and after testing it with my wife, the F2P characters earn less exp per kill and per quest/mission.

Why?

101 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo