Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12283 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Jun 14, 2013, 07:16 Prez

Remind me again what's so bad about Origin? To me it's like Steam with a different look.

What is a "Soldat on a boat?" Anyway, about Origin: Downloading games sucks for one thing. I downloaded BF2142 3 times (that's a bunch of GB and I pay if I go over my limit) and each time the install failed. The archiving system is terrible, while Steam's works flawlessly. When my friend bought me a SW:KotoR key, it took me 2 days to get it working because Origin kept telling me my sign-in was invalid even after I did the reset password dance multiple times and I know for a fact my credentials were correct. (What made it even worse is once I did get it working with EA Support's help I soon realized what a godawful game it was...). I have had other issues on top of these, amounting to a very unpleasant experience. Then there's the fact that I loathe EA because they are a terrible company and I would rather not use their service at all.

As far as Uplay goes, it basically works as advertised. The worst I can say about it is that it just feels unnecessary. And if you had no issues with Steam, you either didn't use it in the very beginning or you were very lucky. I used it when HL2 first released and it was HORRIBLE. To say that it has come a long way is a massive understatement, since it is far and away the best service out there now.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
91. Re: Op Ed Jun 14, 2013, 07:01 Prez

Wolf whistling was always sexist, be it men or women doing it. It is inappropriate in public nowadays, especially when you whistle at strangers or work related people. And it is far more inappropriate on a public stage like the E3.

Who makes these rules exactly? Sounds like BS to me.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Jun 14, 2013, 02:07 Prez

But once you put making money above the user, you start down a slippery slope.

Hell, most big publishers started down that slope years ago. A few have already hit bottom.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Jun 14, 2013, 02:02 Prez

Frijoles wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:51:
Prez wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 21:34:
I bought Mass Effect 3 last night for $4.75 at GMG. That is about all I'm willing to pay for having to put up with Origin, regardless of how good the game in question is.

Stop tempting me! My EA boycott has held together this long. I don't need these $5 temptations! but I want them so much

Well I just wanted to finish the trilogy. It very well may be the last EA game that I buy, unless Bioware is able to get its head out its ass and knock one out of the park with Dragon Age 3. But I suppose in the meantime I need to pick up the ME3 DLC that takes the ending from brain-suckingly horrible to just kinda bad.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Jun 13, 2013, 23:20 Prez

coldbricksNZ wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:16:
How about Witcher 2?

Anyone got a recommendation?

As far as whether to buy it, or how to play it? If you mean whether or not to get it, I give my fullest recommendation if you like RPG's at all. Very nice visuals, great role-playing, mature writing, and fun combat. I bought in on GOG and again on Steam to show my support for CD Projekt, one of the few developers still doing it right.

News Comments > Op Ed
88. Re: Op Ed Jun 13, 2013, 23:16 Prez

Redmask wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 22:12:
This has nothing to do with government, stop trying to derail everything with your idiotic liberal rants. As if people being over sensitive was somehow limited to liberals, bloody moron.

He is a self-admitted troll (See Speharo's or nin's sig) but it seems that people are learning not to fall for his bait. The thing is that I occassionally agree with him on some basic level about some things, but trying to hamfistedly shoehorn his political rants into every topic is obnoxious and aggravating.

News Comments > No BF4 Mod Support
13. Re: No BF4 Mod Support Jun 13, 2013, 23:13 Prez

That is a stretch, I think it's far more likely that they just don't want user created content competing with their own content for sales. They also don't want people playing their older games, they want them cycling between iterations as fast as possible. EA is getting very dependent on yearly models, that's a big part of the reason they've unified everything under Frostbite across most of their teams.

Truth!

Love the BF2 mod AIX. So much fun.

It's really a shame that no BF after BF2 has mod support. You can't even do a single player bot match in BFBC2 or BF3. Really a step backwards.

More truth!!

News Comments > DNF Royalties Lawsuit
26. Re: DNF Royalties Lawsuit Jun 13, 2013, 21:43 Prez

Nah...who would produce a movie about a failed Game studio suing another mediocre game studio seeking money for a dud game?

Yeah, well ya gotta spice it up with a love interest and some explosions. Michael Bay should get on it.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 13, 2013, 21:41 Prez

Xbox One check-in will need "kilobytes, not megabytes."

Meanwhile the competition requires zerobytes.

News Comments > No BF4 Mod Support
6. Re: No BF4 Mod Support Jun 13, 2013, 21:37 Prez

Blue wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 21:15:
Fantaz wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 21:11:
How the hell do they figure that mods would leech DLC sales? That's stupid...

That's just my thought on the topic, not anything anyone has said.

It's also exactly right.

The only way to convince them to add mod support back in would be to stop buying their DLC, and even then I doubt that they would ever do it. I am happy playing modded BF2142 and BF 2 in SP and coop. They can keep their new crap.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jun 13, 2013, 21:34 Prez

I bought Mass Effect 3 last night for $4.75 at GMG. That is about all I'm willing to pay for having to put up with Origin, regardless of how good the game in question is.  

19. Re: DNF Royalties Lawsuit Jun 13, 2013, 19:13 Prez

ItBurn wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 17:03:
I had a lot of fun with DNF... It was one of the best shooters released that year... No joke.

I don't know about the best - I'd have to check what else came out that year - but yeah, I had fun with it too.

18. Re: DNF Royalties Lawsuit Jun 13, 2013, 19:12 Prez

Perhaps the lesson learned here is to never enter a gaming business deal with a person who has had more lawsuits than shipped games.

Zing!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
57. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2013, 19:07 Prez

Or change your computer's date. Not an ideal workaround but it works. I've tried it.  

News Comments > Op Ed
84. Re: Op Ed Jun 13, 2013, 19:04 Prez

William Usher wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 16:53:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 12:21:

[snip] But what kind of fucked up parenting brings someone up doing the wolf whistle on a MICROSOFT PR EVENT (it's bad enough there are still cretins around doing it in public in bars and clubs (Although I have seen clubs that threw people out for doing it))

Whoa, wow...so wolf whistling is now sexist and the result of bad parenting? Wow.

Also, you can get ejected from a club for wolf whistling? Really? So using non-verbal gestures to indicate that someone is worth whistling to is now misogynistic and sexist?

Oh boy. Does this also apply as being rude and inappropriate if a guy does it to another guy?

I honestly don't know what kind of women these guys hang around with. My wife LOVES to be wolf whistled at by guys. She takes it as a huge compliment - she preens like a cat! She isn't an outlier either - the vast majority of women I know enjoy it - it makes them feel attractive - as long as it it is in an informal setting. I can see professional woman not wanting to whistled at by her boss at work or her subordinates. I dunno - I've always assumed it was like saying, "Damn, girl, you look good!". Is complimenting a women on how she looks sexist too? How the hell do you guys ever get laid???

News Comments > Op Ed
73. Re: Op Ed Jun 13, 2013, 09:08 Prez

... they don't need faux tough guy defenders posturing on the internet in some silly display of machismo that impresses no one.

I dunno, I was kind of turned on. Krovven is so sexy when he's raging like a loon... which is always.

News Comments > Op Ed
71. Re: Op Ed Jun 13, 2013, 07:58 Prez

Julio wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 06:24:
NKD wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 03:55:
Now aside from raving lunatics like Krovven who thinks a beatdown is the appropriate response to a joke you don't like, or Julio who thinks joking about rape means you're a rapist and should therefore be raped, I'm pretty sure we can get behind the idea that the guy deserves some kind of mild reprimand for being careless during a public presentation.

But I still think attempting to judge someone's entire being based on what jokes they laugh at is just good ol' prejudice.

I'm fully comfortable being called prejudiced against rapists and those who don't take rape seriously. I'll save the 'raving lunatic' classification for you guys who think rape is a joke. If and when it happens to you or someone you care about, remember to "Just let it happen, it will be over soon" and remember that's it's funny.

Hmmm, not so rational... Dunce

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 13, 2013, 04:26 Prez

ViRGE wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 22:43:
Lorcin wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 21:28:
But yeah long story short - event organisers are VERY protective of their event space.
Indeed. E3 costs the ESA a small fortune to put on every year, and there's always some nimrod that wants the publicity that comes from E3 without chipping in to pay for it. That nimrod this year was Ouya. It's a dick move to leech off of E3 like that and they know it.

Next year they can buy a spot and help fund the show, just like everyone else.

You call it leeching; I'm sure they call it being opportunistic. They weren't doing anything illegal.

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 13, 2013, 04:24 Prez

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 02:13:
WTF are those cops on? Like they need another reason for less exercise. Thanks, but if they're not in a cruiser, I prefer them on the beat or on bikes. Christ, I'm on my feet 8-12 hours a day and I don't have to chase anyone down.

Hey it's LA - what do you expect?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 13, 2013, 04:18 Prez

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 02:19:
The problem has never really been the ports on a technical level - sans shitty graphics - but the UI/control schemes which have mostly always been half-assed - Skyrim I'm looking at you as an example. So, it's not a graphical/memory issue so much as it is a control/GUI issue. Same as it ever was.

Good point but thank goodness PC games can be modded to have better UI's, eh?

12283 Comments. 615 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo