Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12502 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Module Released
3. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Module Released Aug 30, 2013, 10:31 Prez

Looks nice! I am itching to see the "big picture" though. I don't play with others, so the singleplayer portion is going to have to be worth the purchase price on its own.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Takedown: Red Sabre Preorders; Date; Trailer
3. Re: Takedown: Red Sabre Preorders; Date; Trailer Aug 30, 2013, 08:57 Prez

I forgot that I actually donated to the kickstarter for this way back when!

Pre-Alpha footage right? from 2004?

If it truly is like an update of the original Rainbow Six as the developers are hinting at I doubt the people towards whom this is geared will care.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Diablo III Patch to "Cut the Legs Out from the Auction House"
6. Re: Diablo III Patch to Aug 29, 2013, 21:46 Prez

“however it’s not the core fantasy, it’s not the most fun and by the endgame, for a variety of reasons, they tend to check the auction house first and play the game second.”

You know, EVERYONE was saying this from the get-go. They finally realize this now?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week
2. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 29, 2013, 09:38 Prez

In the first days of availability, the PC version of Saints Row IV more than tripled its first week’s sale numbers over the prior release from THQ, Saints Row: The Third.

That is awesome!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 100 Titles
4. Re: Steam Greenlights 100 Titles Aug 28, 2013, 21:59 Prez

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 20:52:
nin wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 20:46:
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure! Woot!

New gift option in case the person has Snuggle Truck already?

Uh-oh... Anxious

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 28, 2013, 09:58 Prez

Police influenced by need to explain aberrant behavior: Blue.

Same old bullshit. If there was any way that playing Call of Duty caused people to commit real life violence there would be way, way WAY more violence than there is right now. It is the most popular videogame franchise in the world right now - if even 1% of the people who played it became violent we would have such a spike in violent crime as we have never seen.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response
10. Re: FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response Aug 28, 2013, 09:38 Prez

If they re-wrote the game, would it now be FFXV?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 27, 2013, 23:37 Prez

US leads the world ingovernment requests of Facebook user data

Land of the free!!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 27, 2013, 15:15 Prez

That's fine by me. I haven't really had the desire to play an EA game in a long time anyway.

The funny thing is I could have sworn that Origin had an offline mode. Aren't singleplayer games like Dead Space 3 and Mass Effect 3 playable offline?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Aug 26, 2013, 18:03 Prez

I think I see your point. It doesn't make them look like a very professional outfit and I can see how it would undermine confidence in them - but I don't really see why.

That's pretty much it. I don't have a lot of faith in a start-up that has to ask for 5 grand.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Aug 26, 2013, 15:43 Prez

I have to echo what jdreyer said. I love the realtime 4X genre, but a game needs to have singleplayer skirmish AI for me to consider buying it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 14:42 Prez

I've been in the midsouth for 14 years now and I have never had an August before this one where it was in the 70's during the day and in the high 50's at night. And almost no humidity! It was like that for 2 weeks. Ask people around here who have lived in the midsouth their whole lives and they'll tell you that hasn't happened in half a century. I would think we would need to be buried under about 6 feet of snow for all of February to make up for that!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2013, 14:39 Prez

That gun injuries article Blue linked to serves to illustrate that your average "law-abiding citizen" is a moron.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Aug 26, 2013, 14:35 Prez

Dacron wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 14:27:
I'll support indie game makers when their product looks interesting. I don't support them so they can 'follow their dreams'.

That's my feeling too.It would seem that the idea for indie development is to hit that seweet spot where following your dreams = making what lots and lots of people are interested in.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2013, 10:41 Prez

Way to sensationalize a horribly sad and tragic event, CNN.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Aug 26, 2013, 10:19 Prez

I read the article, reviewed the project and played the demo, and honestly there is nothing remotely exciting about the game at all. Tiny scope, simplistic gameplay - I was bored before I even finished the demo. Then there's the issue of kickstarting a measely $5k - I tend to think that a game developer who can't even put together that tiny amount of capital need not be developing a game. Hell, I could raise $5000 in a few months delivering pizzas on the side.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2013, 13:38 Prez

I know it's early for American football talk, but Christ, can the Jets get any more screwed? What the hell was Ryan thinking putting his starter in during a meaningless game???? At least he could have put in the starting O-line, which apparently didn't do, leaving his supposed starter Sanchez protected by second and third stringers. W.T.F!?!?!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter Fails
7. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter Fails Aug 24, 2013, 11:29 Prez

Why is David/Dennis Dyack a problem. What did he do?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial & Heroic Edition Launch
18. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial & Heroic Edition Launch Aug 23, 2013, 15:37 Prez

So for someone largely uninitiated into MMOs, is this a good one to pick up? I tried SWToR with my RL friends, and we lasted a month and a half, the gameplay was just boring as all hell.

1) tab target

2) spam 30 buttons of mostly identical spells

3) repeat

I've only tried 3 MMO's (unless you don't count the first Guild Wars, in which case I've tried 2): The Guild Wars series and SW:TOR. Guild Wars 2 is actually not too bad, and actually works as a single player game (even the group events are doable because there are almost always other players around who will join in, complete the activity, then carry on their merry way.) In my opinion Guild Wars 2 is way, WAY, WAY better than the absolutely awful SW:TOR, which I only played because my MMO-playing friend bought me a license key for it so we could play together. Other than the impressive range of voice acting, it has no redeeming qualities that I can see. GW2 is still MMO-ish, which will sometimes turn me off as I dislike many of the genre conventions, but it at least doesn't make hanging out with my friend in it feel like unpaid labor the way TOR did. The world they built is impressively big and actually looks quite stunning at times and given enough time the personal story becomes pretty compelling. At least it did for me. I still wouldn't pay a monthly fee for it though.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steve Ballmer to Retire
29. Re: Steve Ballmer to Retire Aug 23, 2013, 14:58 Prez

Creston wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 13:07:
Prez wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 12:57:
USA Today is reporting that he will be getting $560 million extra on his departure due to the stock jump at the news of his resignation (on paper anyway). That is just obscene.

I think they mean that the value of his personal shares increased by 8%, thus he's worth $560 million more?

That is what I meant too! Of course I didn't convey it very well.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12502 Comments. 626 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo