Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12631 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 1, 2013, 09:50 Prez

Axis wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 09:42:
Cheating lying assholes are cheating lying assholes in all walks of life. Much less common for cheating lying assholes to become high ranking successful entrepreneurs.

Cheating lying assholes are more often be found fired, often unemployed, and ostracized.

Facts.

LMAO. Your "facts" smack of delusion to me. It's not cheating to work the system to get ahead while screwing others in the process - it's how the game is played. Jeez I wish I could live in your imagined utopia.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Sep 30, 2013, 22:20 Prez

I generally dislike QTE's, but in "The Walking Dead" they worked I think because true action sequences would seem jarringly out of place in a pure adventure game. They didn't bother me at all in TWD much to my surprise. They are annoying as hell in Far Cry 3 though.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 21:51 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 21:47:
Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 21:05:
This just boggles the mind. It's like the elites don't even care enough to make the pretense anymore that there isn't a shadow government controlling every aspect of your life. It's like, 'Fuck you. Yeah we're doing all this shit. What are you gonna' do about it? Nothing. That's what.' And they're right, the masses just don't know or even care.

Yup, like small children who can be distracted from interest in the daddy's sock drawer with a new toy, Americans are too busy watching Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo, and teh interweb pr0n to really care. As long as they're fed distractions, most Americans won't give a shit.

You guys are depressing the hell out of me. More so for being exactly right.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag in November
1. Re: PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag in November Sep 30, 2013, 21:48 Prez

Well they didn't specify which console - it ships roughly the same time as the next gen versions.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ian Livingstone Leaving Eidos
3. Re: Ian Livingstone Leaving Eidos Sep 30, 2013, 21:45 Prez

Rhino wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 20:59:
And this makes me extremely nostalgic for the Fighting Fantasy books....

Me too! I used to love reading/role-playing Ian Livingstone (and Steve Jackson as well) when I was in grade school!

- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2013, 21:36 Prez

Axis wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 21:08:
Prez wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 19:29:
Remember kids, if you're successful, you're a grade A douchebag. This is your typical left wing viewpoint in spades.

I am far from left-wing but let's be honest - tons of successful entrepreneurs became rich through taking advantage of other peoples' hard work and walking all over the little guy.

That statement puts you pretty much square in the FAR left-wing category.

You can classify me however you like but you aren't exactly considered an objective source around here so it isn't going to make me lose sleep.

Tons? Where are these tons of successful entrepreneurs who are shitbag people sweat thieves? They're as rare as the practicing mash-em-up doctor with fake credentials. You don't become successful or rich from being a jackoff 'taking advantage of others and walking all over people'.

It isn't the only way - obviously there are many successful corporate muckity-mucks who got where they are legitimately but to pretend it only happens that way is head-in-the-sand willful ignorance.

The few who would get away with such a ridiculous contradiction as "success" and "Little people smasher" would be well known, so start listing them.

There ARE a whole bunch of shitbags who will do anything to get ahead. I personally worked for 2 who were CEO and Plant Manager at my company. They not only screwed over people to get where they were but they continued to take advantage of a system designed to keep them rich and the little guy stuck in the rat race. I will be the first to applaud hard working, honest entrepreneurs who remain ethical regardless of how successful they become (I personally know one and he is a true philanthropist) but there are way more dirtbags out there in corporate America than you'd like to pretend. WAY WAY more. Even the good ones willingly make themselves part of a system that is so skewed in their and their cohorts' favor and against the working man that they are often seen in a bad light just for where they are. If you want to ride the Rush Limbaugh wagon and pretend all CEO's are altruistic angels then feel free, but don't expect me to come along for the ride.

- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2013, 19:29 Prez

Remember kids, if you're successful, you're a grade A douchebag. This is your typical left wing viewpoint in spades.

I am far from left-wing but let's be honest - tons of successful entrepreneurs became rich through taking advantage of other peoples' hard work and walking all over the little guy.

- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2013, 19:13 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 13:29:
The One Telco Exec Who Resisted The NSA Has Been Released From 4+ Years In Jail.

... For that they charged him with insider trading (something probably 90% of all CEOs could be charged with if he owns company stock)...

I'm pretty sure that number is more like 100%.

Question: Will Dianne Feinstein Investigate Her Own Leak Of Classified Info? Will She Face Espionage Act Charges?

Answer: No. Duh!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
28. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 30, 2013, 19:06 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 13:11:
Survey on next-gen console purchases may spell trouble for Xbox One.

Not as bad as I would have thought: 15% XB1 to 26% PS4. Given all the bad MS press, I would have thought it to be more like 10% to 40%.

That was my take too. Sony will almost certainly win this round (unless they screw up big time) but that doesn't mean the XBone is going to be a complete dud sales-wise. A few killer apps after the system's release could very easily turn things around for MS. But I'm hoping they get utterly clobbered because they suck.

In my fantasy not only does MS lose boatloads of cash on their console, but by the time they realize that the console war is hopeless and a money drain and that PC gaming is still a ripe landscape the SteamOS has convinced most gamers to abandon Windows. Unlikely, but hey a guy can dream.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Wasteland Kings Renamed Nuclear Throne
15. Re: Wasteland Kings Renamed Nuclear Throne Sep 30, 2013, 18:38 Prez

DrEvil wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 18:07:
Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 15:21:
Ugh, it's some cutsey little 16 bit arcade game. Nevermind.

Ugh, it's some snarky little Internet troll that hasn't even taken the time to understand someone's work.

Go download the prototype from here...

...before passing judgement.

Why is he a troll for being turned off by SNES-quality visuals? It happens to me all the time. He didn't say it was going to be a bad game; just that the look of it turned him off to it so it's not for him. By the look I don't think it is for me either, but I am not passing judgement on it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Wasteland Kings Renamed Nuclear Throne
7. Re: Wasteland Kings Renamed Nuclear Throne Sep 30, 2013, 14:23 Prez

I am going to sue both parties for not enter lengthy litigation thereby depriving me of the entertainment of reading about it on Blues.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
20. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 02:44 Prez

Kosumo wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 19:52:
This could be great Trollbashing with lots of Pokestick and Wall2 thread, so I'm gonna shout the Popcorn

Goodluck Pray Cthulhu

If there isn't a smilie limit per post, there definitely ought to be one. And if there is one, Kosumo has most certainly violated it and should be put in time out until he learns better. ("Time-out" meaning he has to read endless political flame threads until his eyes bleed).

As far as the government shutdown, it's a tired political scare tactic. Since the 90's the US Government has "shut down" something like 31 times and the world didn't come to an end. At least the "Fiscal Cliff" had an ominous-sounding name.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2013, 02:49.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2013, 20:05 Prez

I don't see a problem with the early access games having a price tag while still in development as long as it is very clear that you are paying for an unfinished game. I've only seen that be a problem with that DayZ-ripoff game 'WarZ' and 'Towns' and Valve took the proper steps to remedy both situations. The way I see it there's nothing wrong with supporting a game that you want to see finished.

Admittedly this does lead to a dilemma however. Historically once a game has been made available for purchase it becomes fair game for reviewers. Which seems fair I guess. But virtually any game that isn't finished yet isn't going to score very high (not as high as it would if it were complete anyway), so that may mean reviews hurt sales of games that haven't reached their full potential. Hopefully review sites will use discretion before they slag games that are still in development.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals "On Hold"
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 15:40 Prez

I have to believe that the sordid history isn't the only thing that kept this project from succeeding afyer multiple attempts. It would stand to reason that if the project was at all interesting to the masses it would have caught on. It obviously wasn't.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 02:04 Prez

Rigs wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 22:52:
Absolutely pathetic!

And you call yourselves Giants fans! Hmph! Real fans go down with the ship!

=-Rigs-=
Anchor's away there Captain! Unless NY's O'line and secondary plays about a billion times better than they did last week they are going to get destroyed.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
15. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 19:40 Prez

LOL @ MoreLuckthanSkill. If you think that's weird, you should know I actually thought Duke Nukem Forever was decent.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2013, 18:38 Prez

Redmask wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 15:38:
nin wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 14:18:
Yep, had all of this week I could stand...

Same but I'm on vacation for 2 weeks starting yesterday, yeah baby!

Shut up! I am working the next 17 days straight (night shift natch) so I don't wanna hear it! Why does my brutal schedule preclude you from being happy about yours you ask? Shut up, that's why!!

Ha only kidding. Enjoy!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
13. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 18:31 Prez

Wow lots of negativity. I must have peculiar tastes - I finish games maybe around a quarter of the time but Dead Island and Riptide I played through twice and loved it. Anyway, while 'Dying Light' indeed looks like Dead Island 2 whatever they claim that floats my boat just fine.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Controller Announced
72. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2013, 15:39 Prez

I doubt I'll ever use a Steambox - or whatever their self-contained hardware will be called - but I am pretty excited about the controller and extremely excited about the possibilities of the new Steam OS.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 28, 2013, 10:00 Prez

Idiot attaches ipod to his arm

Castrate this fucking genius before he procreates.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12631 Comments. 632 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo