Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12677 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Nears; New Trailer
9. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2 Nears; New Trailer Sep 11, 2014, 23:25 Prez

The first game was very immersive and did a great job filling a very underserved niche of capital spaceship commander (Space Wolves and Nexus were the last two games I played in the genre and I like them both a lot). I liked it despite it being (understandably) rough around the edges.

Looking forward to the second.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
58. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2014, 23:13 Prez

And yet, despite considering all the possibilities they come out with a two game suspension.

I guess what I am wondering is why is the NFL and not Baltimore law enforcement (assuming the incident happened in the city where he plays) responsible for rendering punishment? Domestic assault is a crime - he should have been arrested. The two game suspension would have been more palatable had he spent a few months in prison on top of that.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced
18. Re: Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced Sep 11, 2014, 23:09 Prez

A browser-based MMO? Oh "squee", I am hardly able to contain my considerable excitement. I may have to lay down for a spell.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
51. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 23:04 Prez

I have a friend who calls me from Florida who only just found about Star Citizen in the last few months. When he calls all he ever wants to talk about is Star Citizen. He was on a long government assignment where he had no time for gaming news and had a shit internet connection, so yeah, he was in fact essentially living under a rock. Now that he found it he's like a 12 year-old boy who found his very own life size Transformer in his back yard (Like Shea LaBeouf!). He bought in at the highest tier, created his own fleet and keeps pestering me to "hurry up and buy the game so we can play when it comes out". I just don't have the heart to tell him at the rate it's progressing he and I will be in a geriatric home before it ships.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dying Light Early
12. Re: Dying Light Early Sep 11, 2014, 22:41 Prez

As someone who loved Dead Island and Riptide (though I'd be lying if I said if I wasn't expecting more from the latter), I am equally excited about Dying Light. It needs to have some pretty major advancements though; it can't just be Dead Island 1.2 (Assuming Riptide was DI 1.1 of course).  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
90. Re: Op Ed Sep 11, 2014, 22:38 Prez

A gross guy who has rarely mentioned video games before, and when he has he's mentioned gamers with disdain, jumps in on this and people applaud him because he agrees with them...
I'm sure that you have been around enough to know that this isnt a new phenomenon, nor is it isolated just the gaming culture. It is common in virtually everything that sees sides with conflicting viewpoints. For someone as intelligent as you, I'm confused as to why you are getting caught up in it. I don't support this guy at all, but he isn't the end-all be-all of my opposition to the extreme feminist agenda in gaming culture. He isn't even a blip on my radar.

As an aside, seeing as how Ana Sarkeesian is on record as saying she had no interest in videogames and never played them until she took her crusade to gaming it could be said people on her side were suckered in on the same phenomenon.

*EDITED because I forgot to properly quote.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2014, 23:16.

- Mahatma Gandhi

55. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2014, 22:06 Prez

Switching gears, why is the NFL, and more specifically Goodell, under such fire for how the incident was handled? Was the initial two games suspension a matter of discretion or was that what the written rule for off-field criminal activity? If it was the former, the uproar makes sense; if it was the latter I think people should be railing against the lax rules, not the commisioner. If the NFL needs to strengthen its penalties for domestic abusers in light of this then they should and we should all move on.

Also, why was Rice not arrested folowing the incident? Breaking the law is breaking the law regardless of whether the victim presses charges and it isn't like they didn't have enough evidence to prosecute without her testimony.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > SimBin Declares Bankruptcy, Reforms as Sector 3
13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2014, 18:05 Prez

I used to read about SimBin a lot when Andy Mahood was penning the sim column for PC Gamer. He was such a good writer that despite having almost no interest in hardcore racing sims, I read and enjoyed every article. SimBin was a regular topic since they made so many great sims that the racing community loved. I am still not a gearhead but I am sad about this news nonetheless.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 11, 2014, 02:48 Prez

Well they reached $5700 with a whopping 64 backers. That's almost at the number of Piranha employees (65) so some of these backers may actually be players and not just developers!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical
22. Re: Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical Sep 11, 2014, 02:22 Prez

It's at 5400 bucks with 64 backers at the time of this post. That's pathetic. They REALLY screwed the pooch with MWO apparently.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
166. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 11, 2014, 00:53 Prez

To put this ridiculous number of $2 Billion in perspective the Bufffalo Bills franchise sold for about half of what Microsoft is rumored to be going to pay for Minecraft. That's just jaw-dropping.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

50. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2014, 00:40 Prez

I don't know anyone than a greater distaste for Michael Vick than me...

Yeah ya do. I've been here for years.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical
21. Re: Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical Sep 11, 2014, 00:23 Prez

Path of Exile can be played like a singleplayer game; I played it by myself for several hours in the beta. There were lots of other players in the towns but I ignored them and went my merry way. MWO had no PvE with story or AI, so I never touched it. Hearing that the new Mechwarrior game was going to be online multiplayer only was one of my biggest disapointments in gaming in recent memory.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Line of Defense Presales; Early Access Next Week
5. Re: Line of Defense Presales; Early Access Next Week Sep 10, 2014, 22:01 Prez

Dude ought to change his name. He can't ever get any work done because he is constantly being summoned to some web forum!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Transverse Could Have Been Wing Commander Online; Gamers Skeptical Sep 10, 2014, 21:58 Prez

edaciousx wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 19:41:
Redmask wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 19:28:
What happened with Mechwarrior Online? I didn't catch that one.

They promised things and didn't deliver when they took peoples money. To make matters worse, they made a lot of content Pay to Play and to make it even WORSE... it was all very expensive pay to play. Basically buy this one Hero Mech for $30... I'd buy mechs for <$5 but not for $30.... especially after some people threw up $100+ to back the game.

I remember the uproar when a promise they were very adamant about during the financing stage, that there would be no 3rd person view to keep the game hardcore and as free of exploits as possible, was renegged on to "make the game more accessible".

- Mahatma Gandhi

164. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 21:51 Prez

Minecraft always felt like it was missing clear goals to me. I get that it was a sandbox, not comepletely unlike a box of Legos, but something like that doesn't hold my attention very long. On one Steam sale I bought a blocky shooter like Minecraft but with teams fighting over the very terrain you were shaping, (can't remember the name) and it seemed like it could hold my attention but for the fact it was a multiplayer only shooter, which I dislike very much.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 10, 2014, 20:32 Prez

The number shipped is pretty meaningless isn't it? I mean aside from gauging the publisher's expectations anyway...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

145. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 18:24 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 15:23:
NamecaF wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 09:40:
This cant be true, can it? I mean the ludicrous hypocrisy and double-standards if true is just utterly amazing.

After publicly spitting the dummy and shaming and calling a boycott on Oculus Rift for "selling out" after being acquired by Facebook, to then turn around sell out yourself (to Microsoft of all companies!) is just too hilarious to be true.

All it shows is that everyone has their price.

For 2 beeellion dollars (yes I did the pinky to mouth thing) I would ... *ahem*... "service" you every day for a month. So yeah, everyone definitely has their price!!! Happy2

- Mahatma Gandhi

86. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 15:01 Prez

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 14:43:
Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 14:39:
Is there anyone in the world besides maybe the Pope and the Dhali Lama who would say no to 2 billion dollars?

The Pope, seriously? He'd sell out for fifteen bucks.

I'm not Catholic (or at all religious) but I really like this current Pope. Not that it has any bearing whatsoever on the thread, but whatever.

- Mahatma Gandhi

79. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 14:39 Prez

Is there anyone in the world besides maybe the Pope and the Dhali Lama who would say no to 2 billion dollars?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

12677 Comments. 634 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo