Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12812 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Engineers Free Weekend
5. Re: Space Engineers Free Weekend Oct 9, 2014, 22:14 Prez

Looks interesting. I may give it a whirl over the free weekend, but I think I am going to let it cook a while longer before I buy.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
45. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 17:40 Prez

Where's Emily Blunt when I need her?

I say that all the time.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
76. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 17:36 Prez

Crap like this (meaning the comment section) is the reason I click on the Comment Link less and less often here at Blues. Even the awesome Blues crowd is getting stupider and stupider.

Stopped reading there. If you are going to insult a community en masse, maybe do it at the end of your super-long post?

Or maybe just not do it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

33. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 12:38 Prez

...Reviews tend to point out the crap ports, wait on them.

I was kind of with you until this last line. One of my biggest gripes with game reviews these days is that so many of them fail to mention porting problems. The better ones always do, but there are lots that don't.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test
4. Re: Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test Oct 9, 2014, 12:27 Prez

Saboth wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 11:01:
I got about 45% through the first one. I do love dungeon crawlers, but I've always disdained copious puzzles. I like fighting, getting loot, figuring out battles, not pulling 10 chains in various sequences to get a door to open, or stepping on 15 teleporters for an hour. I know, I know, Eye of the Beholder, et. al. had them, and I hated them back then too.

That goes for me as well. Never finished it for the same reason.

- Mahatma Gandhi

29. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 12:23 Prez

Beamer wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 12:16:
Prez wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 12:10:
I never understand the "you can use an unsupported fix" crowd excusing shoddy porting. Yes I can use a few console commands or make some config.ini changes, but "unsupported" means if it doesn't work or if screws your game up it's basically 'tough shit'. I like that the flexibility to utilize such things exists to be sure but I'm not too keen on the idea that developers are relying on it like they seem to be.

Leaving it in there usually means it probably won't mess your game up, though. It might, and they're not going to take the QA time to find out for sure, but it probably won't.

If it probably would, they just wouldn't include it because more headaches will come with including a gamebreaking option than in just not including it at all.

So yeah, it may screw things up, but the fact that they're including it means they're pretty certain it won't.
So is it just a matter of not having the time/resources to fully QA test it?

- Mahatma Gandhi

26. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 12:10 Prez

I never understand the "you can use an unsupported fix" crowd excusing shoddy porting. Yes I can use a few console commands or make some config.ini changes, but "unsupported" means if it doesn't work or if screws your game up it's basically 'tough shit'. I like that the flexibility to utilize such things exists to be sure but I'm not too keen on the idea that developers are relying on it like they seem to be.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 11:09 Prez

So glad this site exists! Thanks for it.

While it may be a bit antiquated, I personally find the design comfy and cozy, like an old pair of slippers you just can't throw away because they are so warm and comfy. There's just something comforting about having my screen awash in blue while reading white lettering!

- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 08:20 Prez

New York City Council Sets 25 Mph Speed Limit.

Wow - That will do a lot to cut down on pedestrian deaths. Rolleyes Actually ticketing jaywalkers is the only thing that would really have the effect the Mayor is looking for here.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Premium Edition Announced
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Edition Announced Oct 9, 2014, 08:15 Prez

That was an even faster turnaround than usual between apology and announcement for DICE!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
32. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 9, 2014, 08:13 Prez

Great game. Definitely worth putting up with Origin for.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
38. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 17:22 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 17:20:
007Bistromath wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:04:

PS: MAKE 2143 YOU STUPID ASSHOLES

I would get excited for this except that I know there will be no offline or coop mode vs. bots.

Same. With DICE locking out the modding community there's no hope for modders fixing that egregious oversight.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 8, 2014, 17:20 Prez

Comcast is THE worst, no doubt. However, I can't see a company firing an employee just because another company calls and complains that said employee isn't paying his bill. But then again maybe I am missing something. Or maybe I am underestimating just how vile corporate America really is.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 17:13 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 16:53:
Launch issues with Battlefield 4 "absolutely" damaged gamers' ability to trust DICE "to deliver a stable launch or a stable game,"

And so did launch issues with BF3, yet they still sold millions of copies of BF4, so I'm wondering what lesson they learned.

It's not really necessary for them to take away a lesson from any of this because there will never be any consequence. Multiple times DICE has shipped a buggy mess and not only is the game a financial success, but consumers continue to buy future releases in droves despite their reputation for shipping buggy messes! Short of professional pride there isn't any reason for them to change a thing that they are doing. I hate it but there it is.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
39. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2014, 12:25 Prez

I follow it because it's interesting to me on some level. Someone being angry at me over the Internet doesn't bother me, because it's the Internet. You call me 'worse than ISIS' and I know immediately you're not going to argue in good faith.

In fairness though people in the gaming media are more than just some guy on the internet. They have the eyes and ears of potentially hundreds of thousands of people. And in some circles, their opinions can carry serious weight. They ought to be more responsible.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
19. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 10:33 Prez

On the subject of Elite Dangerous, will I be able to play singleplayer, or at least host my own private server?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
40. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 8, 2014, 10:31 Prez

Quinn wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 08:50:
Xero wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 07:59:
After watching a good 20 minutes or so from an hour long gameplay w/commentary video that IGN had posted, I was able to see this myself rather quickly. It looked highly repetitive of go here, kill him, choose a new target, go kill him, etc. I know there is a lot of fluff in between but that's the idea.

There's really not a lot of fluff in between. It's basically just... killing Uruks and collecting meaningless shite.

I truly think a lot of enthousiasts today will look at this game in retrospect later and think "Blegh, it actually sucked.". I have enough respect for the PC gamer to believe this.

The funny thing is that while I know you are right, this is the mark of my favorite type of game. I just gone done with a 30 hour playthrough of Batman-Origins, and the lion's share of that time was in repetitive fist fights I just couldn't get enough of and collecting those stupid little green boxes with the cell phone markers on the map. Why? I have no effin' clue, but I was so engaged while doing it and didn't ever stop to ask myself the simple question 'Why?'. So I guess I like wasting my time, but I am a proponent of the saying "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time". So I really want Shadows of Mordor in spite of what you say. I know I'll love it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 10:17 Prez

...I am actually surprised that they did remember to change BF4 from BF3 in the copy and paste apology statement.

Okay that was funny!

I had zero issues with the BF4 launch.

But maybe that's because I refuse to use Origin and thus never tried to play it. Still, no issues.

So was that!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
36. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2014, 10:04 Prez

@ TheVocalMinority - That was a good read. Kudos.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
10. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 10:01 Prez

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 10:00:
Haha CitizenCon, the only place in the world with more wet fangurl panties than a Justin Bieber concert!

HAHA! See what I mean? I LOVE it!

- Mahatma Gandhi

12812 Comments. 641 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo