Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13123 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer
73. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 19, 2014, 00:15 Prez

Yes! The sensitive friggin' moron caca-doodie head Dacron says I won!!!! \o/  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

71. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 22:24 Prez

NAHNAHNAHNAHNAH NOT LISTENING TO YOU LALALALALALALALA

YOU ARE A BIG DOODY-HEAD! (On top of being a sensitive friggin' moron).

Hey it may be immature, but you aren't worth any greater intellectual ouptut on my part, and it makes me happy too!

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2014, 22:30.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
9. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 18, 2014, 22:21 Prez

Asmo wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 22:20:
Prez wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 22:04:
Yeah but they get to expose the assholes and make fun of them. At least it ought to make them feel better.

Until it backfires on them...

I was stuck with the deliberate bug in Titan Quest where early in the first act, performance would go to crap and it would be unplayable. I went to the forums and was ridiculed and abused by posters and stuff alike for pirating the game, as it was deliberately included to kick in for hacked versions.

My problem, once I'd established with IL that I was a legitimate customer, was that securom was allowing the game to load but then insisting my disk was a copy and kicking in the deliberate corruption bomb once I'd start playing the game.

So yeah, while I'm happy for game companies to try and combat piracy, I get pissed as fuck when it affects their paying customers. If you can't discriminate well enough, don't fucking bother...

I got the same bug, but even though I bought the game I was using a fixed.exe because I didn't like having to change out CD's, so I guess it was meant for me.

- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 18, 2014, 22:04 Prez

Yeah but they get to expose the assholes and make fun of them. At least it ought to make them feel better.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 18, 2014, 21:56 Prez

Dacron and his buddies, suck it down! Drunk  

- Mahatma Gandhi

69. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 21:26 Prez

Dacron, after careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that you are a friggin' moron. How's that Mr. Sensitive?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

65. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 18:20 Prez

Now I am an SJW for being against taking what you have no right to take and bragging about it? You hear that Beamer? I am a SJW. Time to unleash ASeven and Julio on me!

For someone who is so brazen about justifying stealing shit, Dacron, you sure are sensitive about perceived insults, a far less egregious offense.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
46. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 18:12 Prez

User scores are dicey for an EA title because of how hated they are. Lots of people likely are just voting '0' on principle without playing the game.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > No MP for Just Cause 3 Launch
9. Re: No MP for Just Cause 3 Launch Nov 18, 2014, 13:37 Prez

That's surprising given the popularity of the multiplayer mod for Just Cause 2.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4 Nov 18, 2014, 12:53 Prez

It's not the cluster that AC Unity was at launch is it?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 08:04 Prez

The only reason someone who isn't a lawyer would be so tied up in how to define the act of taking what you have no right to is to make the case that one act is somehow ethically different than the other. If you want to steal/pirate/take what isn't yours that is your business, and you can rationalize however you want. It makes no difference to me.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

26. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 06:13 Prez

Actually, the legal definition of theft is 'the appropriation of property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it'. Given that copyright infringement does not deprive the copyright owner of said property it is NOT theft, as least from a legal perspective. However, that does not justify it.

Honestly, why would I care about the "legal definition" unless I was a lawyer or on trial? And really what is all this nonsense about semantics? Taking something that you have no right to take is at the heart of the matter, regardless of what you want to call it. All this silliness about semantics is pointless.

- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 04:57 Prez

Well, according to Dictionary.com, "stealing" is "taking another person's property without permission or legal right", and Meriam Webster defines it as "taking something that does not belong to you in a way that is wrong or illegal". Both definitions fit for copyright infringement, so yeah, it's stealing. I've done it before, so I'm no angel, and I'm not making the case that there are no morally justifiable reasons to do it or every case of it is the same, but it is what it is.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday
28. Re: Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday Nov 17, 2014, 19:56 Prez

I'm all for a little silliness but this game seems like a joke that has gone on for WAY too long.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
263. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 19:50 Prez

Kosumo wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 19:38:
I have reported you for saying "People should have the right to feel what they feel", I don't think we need that shit around here! Cowboy

To whom?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 17, 2014, 18:13 Prez

Windows 8 is quite possibly the worst desktop operating system that Microsoft ever released. Since Windows 8 is going up against such all-time flop-a-doodles as Vista and Windows ME, that’s saying something.

I guess it would depend on what you are considering when dubbing one version the "worst", but even though I have a PC with Windows 8 on it and I hate it, there's just now way it's worse than Windows ME.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2014, 17:53 Prez

It is always wise to be wary of government. Some people just take "being wary" a bit too far. Some take it into paranoid delusion territory. Human beings are susceptible to propaganda; always have been, always will be.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

246. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 17:07 Prez

I can still play the new XCOM (which is awesome) and the original XCOM right after, and Xenonauts is about to work its way in there. Elite is going back a bit too far for me personally but everyone's threshold of tolerance will be different. The original Jagged Alliance is a bit blocky but Jagged Alliance 2 seems like it is much more future-proofed. I think it still looks good for what it is and probably will for another ten years.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2014, 17:03 Prez

The fear mongering from conservatives seems to stem from a genuine fear that with the FCC allowed to pass any rules whatsoever governing the internet (which hasn't really ever happened before - this would be a first), it's opening the door to all sorts of future draconian regulation and, in a worst-case scenario, censorship of ideas that don't line up with what the Fed wants us to hear. Like in North Korea. The obvious problem with that is that the FCC has no history of doing anything remotely like that with radio and TV, which they have governed for decades, so it makes no sense. That is not even counting the fact that the Supreme Court has been unwavering in its support of the first amendment throughout its history and would undoubtedly put a quick end to any government overreach of this kind.

- Mahatma Gandhi

243. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 16:42 Prez

Part of it is some of us are old-fashioned too. We can still play the original Elite today, 30 years later. As long as people continue to write dos emulation programs for new OS's, that will continue to be true indefinitely. Making a new version require constant main server interaction in order to run means that it is likely that the same will not be true for Elite Dangerous. The obvious question is "Why would you want to?" but GOG.com has shown that many people do want to revisit old abandoned games. Being the nostalgia-nut that I am, I often do. The idea that games will eventually become "lost" to us when the servers inevitably go down makes me sad.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

13123 Comments. 657 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo