Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13068 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Next Month
6. Re: Game Awards 2014 Next Month Nov 11, 2014, 01:09 Prez

Award shows should be outlawed.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
21. Re: tougher Internet regulation. Nov 11, 2014, 00:56 Prez

TangledThorns wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 00:45:
The Oatmeal cartoonist must be pissed about last week's election to post that kind of garbage. That being said he has no clue on how the Internet is run as not all data is the same. The key words he is missing is 'paid peering.' Content providers like Netflix is taking up a lot of bandwidth and its costing ISPs a lot of money to keep up so Netflix should pay. Also, the Oatmeal claims Comcast is Cruz's buddies but in reality they're very close pals of Obama and the Democrats, see MSNBC.

I saw a list of everyone who took money from Comcast for their campaigns and it had an alarming number of Republicans and Democrats on it. Money knows no party. And yes, Ted Cruz was on that list. It is public knowledge since they need to disclose their donors. And I am not sure why you think the Oatmeal article is wrong - it basically lays out the facts - most importantly that Net Nuetrality has nothing to do with government regulation but instead simply states that all information passed over the intenet will be treated equally. You may not agree with net neutrality, but that doesn't make the facts wrong.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: tougher Internet regulation. Nov 11, 2014, 00:26 Prez

I can see this issue eventually making its way to the Supreme Court. In the event that it did, would the Supreme Court ruling be the final word on the matter? While I do understand how government works I have to admit I too get confused when it comes to independent agencies like the EPA, the FDA, and FCC.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders II Early Access Next Month
4. Re: Dungeon Defenders II Early Access Next Month Nov 10, 2014, 23:22 Prez

It felt like all of the DLC was pretty unnecessary. I picked it up eventually because I became addicted but if you just played the base game it would still keep you busy for dozens of hours (assuming that this was your kind of game of course). Definitely excited for the new one.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders II Early Access Next Month
1. Re: Dungeon Defenders II Early Access Next Month Nov 10, 2014, 20:44 Prez

Cute video (reminded me of Pixar's work) but I want to see some gameplay. It seems the gang has grown up some!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 10, 2014, 18:43 Prez

Rossini wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 16:02:
Perhaps the FCC delay is due to President Obama's Net neutrality statement put out today. It seems to me like the President is calling for the internet to be treated as a utility. If so, I could understand why the FCC would need more time for a rethink.

One thing I'm confused about is...does the FCC have the power to declare internet service providers as utility companies? or is that something that needs to be done via a bill passed through Congress?

I am uncertain of that myself. I *think* the FCC has the power to decree such a thing without legislation. Acording to the way it was set up in 1934, they have the power to declare an entity to be a common carrier. If I am right they can simply declare this of the Internet providers and that weould be that. Of course if they do, I would assume that legislators could in turn pass a law superceding the ruling by the FCC (checks and balances and all that), which then could be legally challenged and end up in the Supreme Court.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Making History: The Great War Scenario & Demo
4. Re: Making History: The Great War Scenario & Demo Nov 9, 2014, 17:58 Prez

WW1 is a criminally under-studied period in gaming. Glad to see more studios approaching it now.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 17:54 Prez

You guys haven't tried Farming Simulator deathmatch yet? Noobs.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 9, 2014, 17:49 Prez

I would consider the Xbone for a media server (I'd have to ask around to see how it does for this purpose first), but I don't have an old console to trade in.

EDIT: Well I have a Nintendo Wii in my house but it's my daughter's and she uses it to play Rock Band and Wii-Fit.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Patch & Dedicated Server Talk
7. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Patch & Dedicated Server Talk Nov 9, 2014, 15:04 Prez

It means, "NO DEDICATED SERVERS FOR YOU!! COME BACK ONE YEAR!"  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saturday Patches
19. Re: Saturday Patches Nov 8, 2014, 21:39 Prez

This is pretty outrageous. This kind of shit makes you want to go back to retail cd's and DVD's. The only thing Valve should be doing is removing the songs from future purchases of the games - to do it retroactively is absolute BS. This is a good way to make people lose faith instantly in digital services like Steam.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
26. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 08:57 Prez

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 23:06:
Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 22:36:
There's always G2A.

That too, I also use nuuvem. Easy to get a game 30-40% off.

I use kinguin myself. Deep discounts and the key always works.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Free Metro 2033 from Humble Store
1. Re: Free Metro 2033 from Humble Store Nov 7, 2014, 19:38 Prez

Fantastic game. Nice freebie.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
4. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 7, 2014, 19:37 Prez

Very strange. Seems like they don't know what they are doing.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
77. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 15:36 Prez

Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 13:24:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 13:11:
Everyone knows the real reason to be upset about it disappearing from Steam.

No chance of it being on a Steam sale-athon.

Uplay has sales all the time. And they'll likely increase with deeper discounts if they don't have to give anyone else a cut. All the major publishers will move away from Steam, it only makes sense. I'd do the same thing if I were in their shoes.

I am thinking eventually that will happen and Steam will essentially be an indie and small publisher games platform. I don't think that's a bad thing; quite the contrary.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
1. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 15:30 Prez

Looks very cool. Kind of like a new TF2.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Microtransaction Follow-up
6. Re: Just Cause 3 Microtransaction Follow-up Nov 7, 2014, 12:41 Prez

If anything, it sounds like he might be saying that it IS going to be F2P.

We currently only have one F2P game and it has been out since 2009.

Which tells us what? That you are due for another?

"Thank you everyone for your patience. Enjoy the silence for a couple of days now. You have nothing to worry about. Promise. :)"

Which to me in developer speak is saying: "Trust me - you guys THINK you know what you want and don't want, but we know better. You haven't seen how awesome a F2P game from us can be!"

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
36. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 12:23 Prez

It's a bit annoying, but there were never any Steam functions anyway beyond the executable. I just wonder why Ubisoft is closing itself off from a massive market. It seems like they have more to lose from this move than gain.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
10. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 18:10 Prez

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 18:07:
How the hell does a universe expand, when it doesn't exist in the first place?

It's an alternate dimension. It's made of Dark Matter. SCIENCE!!!!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
5. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 17:42 Prez

"You’ll notice that both of these ships are from “new” manufacturers; that’s because the Star Citizen universe is expanding!

At a rate that equals the expansion of our real universe! And like our universe it will continue to expand until it reaches infinity!

- Mahatma Gandhi

13068 Comments. 654 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo