Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12446 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 26, 2013, 23:25 Prez

I completely forgot to try Rise of Legends after I bought the game off ebay years ago. But I'd love to see Rise of Nations brought back - that was a fun game.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed
6. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 26, 2013, 23:23 Prez

No 'season pass' for me (that is such a stupid term. A game isn't a TV show or sport). All I want is the new story and I'll buy that alone.

Sorry Blue!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed
5. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 26, 2013, 23:22 Prez

No 'season pass' for me (that is such a stupid term. A game isn't a TV show or sport). All I want is the new story and I'll buy that alone.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 26, 2013, 23:19 Prez

Takedown: Red Sabre on GameSpot.

OUCH!!! Wreck

They really should have waited before asking money for this. At that point it becomes fair game for reviews and developer's cries of "But it's not finished!" fall on deaf ears among reviewers.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
22. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 26, 2013, 19:42 Prez

I've got no issue with mild comment moderation, but there's plenty of sites that remove comments that are not offensive. And I don't tend to post there.

From what I've seen here, Blue only removes spam, offensive shit, and flame-baiting off topic crap like political garbage in unrelated gaming threads. And as far as I'm concerned I hope he keeps it up.

- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 26, 2013, 17:23 Prez

BobBob wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 15:30:
People who cry free speech need to read the First Amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bill_of_rights_transcript.html

Unless the moderator, company, or host is a member of Congress, there is no violation of the First Amendment.

I wasn't talking about Constitutionally-protected free speech, which as you say does not apply in privately hosted web forums. Nor am I in support of any kind of legislation against speech such as you see in the UK. The limitations on speech in web forums is at the discretion of the moderators, and on Blues the tone is generally pretty civil compared to the wild west of the internet like Youtube and Gamespot, so it can work. I am generally in support of the concept of freedom of speech on the internet - meaning everyone should be allowed to have their say - but only to the point that we're not allowing comments that call reviewers "fat doritos-munching cunts" (like Petit was) . I'm the first to say that some people need thicker skins when they get their panties in a twist over nothing, but that is WAY beyond the pale and completely unnecessary.

- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 26, 2013, 11:50 Prez

Verno wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 10:21:
Time is right for more active comment system moderation, youtube comments in particular were so awful I just stopped even looking.

I'm all for freedom of speech but many comments on forums around the web are just awful. I found her mention of mysoginy in a game about lawless gangsters to be ridiculous and stupid (it's sort of like warning that the game will have violence and cursing too. NO SHIT!) , but some of the shit that some people said about Carolyn Petit in the comments was just so low class it makes me wonder have humans lost the ability to empathize. And yeah, it's amazing that youtube still has comments active considering the toxic shit people write in there routinely. I'm for limiting speech on the web if the majority of it is vitriolic and hateful.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2013, 11:58.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
30. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2013, 17:30 Prez

I hope to God that either 1) the XBone controller is better designed than the 360 pad so as to not have the supremely annoyingly 'stickdrift' that leaves my character walking around in a slow circle after exiting a vehicle in GTA 4 (PC version) or 2) The PS4 controller works on a PC without some crappy 3rd party dongle.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > NVIDIA: "No Longer Possible" for Consoles to Better PC Graphics
66. Re: NVIDIA: Sep 25, 2013, 15:51 Prez

*About Hellninder's ridiculous ranting about nonsense...*

I'm starting to think you're just baiting here...

Ya think? That is ALL Hellbinder ever does. His latest nonsensical claim (5-7 years LMAO!!) is just further proof. Do NOT feed this particular troll. Really, you don't want to.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
9. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 19:36 Prez

Somehow this is misogyny. The court hates women, and loves Fox News, so that's why they ruled in Brad's favor! Yeah, that's it! Rolleyes

Couldn't be because she was full of shit.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 24, 2013, 14:25 Prez

Verno wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 14:05:
America has always held weirdly incongruent views on violence and nudity. I'm sure you've seen it but if not go check out "This Film Has Not Been Rated" sometime, some hilarious examples in that.

Seriously. We are completely opposite everyone else when it comes to entertainment. In the U.S.A sex and nudity is oh so bad but violence is A-OK!
In the rest of the civilized world sex and nudity are treated as natural and healthy but violence in entertainment media is often heavily restricted, even banned in some cases. Censorship is never okay but I'd say our priorities are a little backwards in America. Of course if parents would, you know, PARENT occassionally this would never be an issue.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 24, 2013, 08:50 Prez

Only half of the gaming press there were backers of Fargo's 'Wasteland 2'? It should have been all of them!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
61. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 16:30 Prez

My desktop PC at home is pretty much exclusively used for gaming and some web browsing, so a SteamOS type of deal would be awesome for that.

Yep. Just make it so OpenOffice can run on it and some kind of DirectX emulator.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
1. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 13:24 Prez

He'll, since Valve cares more about the desktop PC than the morons at Microsoft they ought to design an OS for the PC too!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2013, 00:13 Prez

Holy shitsnacks that was just absolutely painful watching that Packers game.

Try being a Giants Fan. Exhausted The Packers are easily the best 1-2 team in the league and if they don't make a big turnaround I'd be surprised.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 22, 2013, 23:57 Prez

I plan on getting State of Decay as soon as they add mouse and keyboard support. They pretty much verified it would be added when they said it is only playable with a 360 controller or equivalent FOR NOW.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 22, 2013, 23:25 Prez

I love Amazon mp3 - it's where I buy all of my music now. As a hobbyist DJ I have over 20,000 songs, and since the vast majority were bought through Amazon (very cheaply too - they run great sales there) I don't have top pay anything to store them on the cloud. Even when the CD is cheaper than the mp3, very often the CD will be an "Autorip" CD which means you get the mp3 version free stored on the cloud for free and playable through any wireless device.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
56. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2013, 09:20 Prez

yuastnav wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 04:39:
I never said anything about the content of his post.
I merely pointed out that prolonged exposure to "internet culture" diluted some people's mind in such a way that they fail to differentiate between complaining and whining.

In that case you are correct sir!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
54. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 22:07 Prez

It's not a matter of agreement or liking it or not. His whole point was utterly nonsensical.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Takedown: Red Sabre
8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Takedown: Red Sabre Sep 21, 2013, 22:03 Prez

From the sound of things they may have released too early. My guess is they ran out of money - iirc they asked for very little money during the kickstarter. Come to think of it I backed this way back when. I wonder how to get my copy now that it's finished. Sort of...

- Mahatma Gandhi

12446 Comments. 623 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo