Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12424 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 19, 2013, 23:15 Prez

Looking on the Steam page for CoH2 I noticed the game has a 80% critic score and a 17% user score. That is a HUGE disparity!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 19, 2013, 22:54 Prez

Ah, the age old question: "Should I try a game whose name I can't even hope to pronounce?"  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2013, 22:52 Prez

I like the part where he owes $46,000 in legal fees.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
71. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 21:22 Prez

Sorry but everything AT THIS POINT they have brought on themselves and is way beyond the yelling of 'over sensitive' types.

I couldn't give two shits about PA or PAX - the dudes can fall off the face if the earth for all I care. But frankly I hear nothing but oversensitive types whining and crying about this utter non-issue. "Voicing concern"??? Haha, that's funny. They are crying like spoiled children to get attention because their wittle bittie feewings were hurt. The problem gets worse when people actually give them attention, then like children they cry louder because they realize it works. The fact that a couple of guys who make a living acting immaturely have - GASP!!!- acted immaturely does not change the fact that a bunch of hypersensitive idiots like the author of this garbage Op Ed are keeping this dead-horse non-issue alive.That's what should be pissing you off.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
69. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 20:54 Prez

Kosumo wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 20:34:
"I have empathy for anyone who is abused ...."

Oh Yeah, we can totally tell that!

Pretty unfair - having empathy for victims and being put off by people who get offended too easily are not mutually exclusive. Just my two cents.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles
39. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 20:43 Prez

The fact that DSFix was released so abruptly after Dark Souls debuted on PC smacks of either complete ineptitude or complete indifference on the part of the game's developer.

Yeah, that has a whole lot to do with how poorly the port was received I think. It's hard to dispute the logic really - If a modder with no connection to the developer can write a quick hack to fix the resolution in about a day after release, how hard of a tweak would it have been for the developer to make in the first place if they cared at all? I am perfectly able to make those tweaks on my own, so it's no big deal for me, but that is a fair point regardless.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
58. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 17:07 Prez

Well I completely disagree Yuastanav, but hopefully we can agree to disagree rather than start a flame war.

I miss the days when reviews told me just the basics, like was it enjoyable, or was it a slog? Does it keep you playing or did it bore you to tears? Was performance acceptable, or did it chug at times when a lot was going on? Was it stable, or did it crash your computer? Did you feel you got full price value out of it (or more), or did you feel like it was over-priced? How about the story, the setting, the dialog, the voice acting, etc? I couldn't care any less if you think that a game about gangsters is misogynist, or a game based in the Middle East involves too much shooting of brown people. How fucking useless is that? Like I said I find it not only annoying, but arrogant and pretentious as well, as if I need you to illustrate your moral superiority or tell me I should feel the same way about these things. Any reviewer who does it will never get read by me again, and I am pretty sure I have seen each and every hack at RPS do it, so yeah, they suck.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 16:44 Prez

Suggested phrases: "Shiver me timbers!" "Blow me down!" "Statistics show that piracy actually increases sales!" Yaaar!

LOL! That Blue sure is a clever fellow!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
53. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 16:35 Prez

yuastnav wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 16:29:
Prez wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 16:22:
Redmask wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 15:36:
So avoid their opinion pieces? They still do great reviews and other features. There aren't many quality PC sites of their caliber and they tend to ask harder questions in interviews than cheerleaders like IGN.

Admittedly I haven't read a lot of their interviews, so I'll concede that point, but I haven't been all that impressed with their reviews to be honest. Many (most?) of them lack a lot of the key info I look for in a good review. If their self-important preachy viewpoints stayed out of their reviews then I could probably take your advice, but the writers can never seem to just review the game without interjecting their own moral viewpoint into them which is something I find supremely annoying. Their previews are all "Ra-Ra-Ra!" advertising just like most every other games news outlet, so they are pretty useless. I have been reading RPS for a long time so I think I am qualified to say they are the worst they've ever been right now.

Uhm, what?
How is that supposed to work? Every review is going to be based on the preferences, viewpoints and the morality of the one reviewing it.

I'll see your "Um what?" and raise you a "WTF???". Since when are the reviewers personal moral viewpoints an essential part of a review? That is just crazy talk. The next thing you'll be telling me that if the reviewer is a Republican he ought to be reviewing it from a conservative viewpoint. "This game doesn't tell us that gay marriage is wrong so it's BAD!" Confused

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
51. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 16:22 Prez

Redmask wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 15:36:
Prez wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 13:45:
People keep saying "RPS is great but..." It makes me wonder what is so great about them. Most everything from them nowadays is whiny soapbox preaching and desperate trolling for hits like this BS article. Their current journalist team consists of a bunch of attention-starved hacks from what Ive seen lately. Just because they were good once doesn't mean they are above reproach. Mostly they just suck ass if you judge them on their recent history.

So avoid their opinion pieces? They still do great reviews and other features. There aren't many quality PC sites of their caliber and they tend to ask harder questions in interviews than cheerleaders like IGN.

Admittedly I haven't read a lot of their interviews, so I'll concede that point, but I haven't been all that impressed with their reviews to be honest. Many (most?) of them lack a lot of the key info I look for in a good review. If their self-important preachy viewpoints stayed out of their reviews then I could probably take your advice, but the writers can never seem to just review the game without interjecting their own moral viewpoint into them which is something I find supremely annoying. Their previews are all "Ra-Ra-Ra!" advertising just like most every other games news outlet, so they are pretty useless. I have been reading RPS for a long time so I think I am qualified to say they are the worst they've ever been right now.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles
33. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 16:11 Prez

I was of two minds on the original. Of course shoddy ports suck but to not buy it doesn't necessarily send the correct message to developers. They probably can't discern whether low sales of a console port are due to general apathy or anger on the part of the PC community, so I went ahead and bought it. I greatly prefer playing all of my games except driving ones with a mouse and keyboard, so I am not thrilled about the broken controls, but I have a controller so I guess no biggie.

I don't mind the delay for the sequel on PC, since it is apparently going to be a short one. Publishers have their reasons for not wanting to do simultaneous releases; I just hope that when the game does arrive on PC it is a far sight better of a port job than the original was.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
43. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 13:45 Prez

People keep saying "RPS is great but..." It makes me wonder what is so great about them. Most everything from them nowadays is whiny soapbox preaching and desperate trolling for hits like this BS article. Their current journalist team consists of a bunch of attention-starved hacks from what Ive seen lately. Just because they were good once doesn't mean they are above reproach. Mostly they just suck ass if you judge them on their recent history.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 09:11 Prez

To boycott RPS or not to boycott RPS...  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Day One - Garry's Incident Preorders
1. Re: Day One - Garry's Incident Preorders Sep 18, 2013, 22:21 Prez

Dont' Starve as a FPS?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 18, 2013, 18:04 Prez

This is an all-too-common re-run that keeps playing over and over in the US like that 24 hour "Christmas Story" marathon every year. Some mentally disturbed person falls between society's cracks despite warning sign after warning sign that had anyone actually gave enough of a shit to report to the proper authorities would have precluded this person from passing a background check. The same person who has no business owning a gun nevertheless is therefore able to easily acquire one or more of them. Said individual commits a horribly violent massacre with said guns. The gun nuts and the gun grabbers all suit up for battle and wage war in every forum. The media makes everything worse by non-stop hack reporting of every stupid thing that some idiot says and amateur sensationalist hit pieces like the incredibly stupid one our friends at the UK's Daily Mirror wrote (not to mention just about everything Fox News reports on the issue) while ignoring the real issues that contributed to the massacre - mental issues and easy availability of firearms - so that it will assuredly happen again. Rinse and repeat.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2013, 18:12.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 18, 2013, 15:42 Prez

Verno wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 10:57:
Pigeon wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 10:47:
'Infringing use of bittorent', I'd like to see what they call infringing use. Corporations, and most people tend to have very different views of what constitutes infringement.

Well let's be a bit honest about the primary use of BitTorrent here. It isn't distributing game patches and drivers

That being said, I wanted to buy a copy of Epic for my daughter, it was $30 on Bluray in the store. Even $25 at Amazon is too much for a new movie. I didn't pirate it instead but I mean it's not exactly hard to see why people do. TV is another good example, people are tired of advertisements and forced schedules. They are creating their own libraries using software like XBMC because they simply aren't being served the way they want. This is lost opportunity for the industries involved, they are too slow to adapt and often implement absurd restrictions when they do.

Exactly. That 24% would be a whole helluva lot lower if corporations actually worried as much about serving the wants and meeting the needs of their audience as about fleecing them.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Learn Gaming from the Romero Professors
16. Re: Learn Gaming from the Romero Professors Sep 18, 2013, 15:39 Prez

Hopefully for the students who sign up for this programming is like riding a bike where once you've learned it you never forget it, because Romero hasn't done anything worth shit in a LONG time.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Saints Row IV "GAT V" Pack Free Today
19. Re: Saints Row IV Sep 17, 2013, 17:47 Prez

"Want to buy GAT V on PC? Too bad!" (Because the DLC's free, but also mocking us.)

Take that Rockstar! I still would rather have GTA5 for my PC than this DLC though.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
7. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 15:14 Prez

Gadzooks wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 15:07:
Some of the best Diablo news since the game came out.

Yeah.

I may buy this game one day yet. There's still a major obstacle though. I never thought I'd say this, but can I have the console version of the game on PC? You know, the one that doesn't need an always online connection???

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
61. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2013, 18:34 Prez

It's not like it's a surprise to people that GTA treats women poorly.

GTA represents women in a less-than-flattering light, but it does so with men as well (sort of like every movie and book with similar subject matter). Men in the games are all either violent, sex-starved maniacs or effeminate, incompetent, and wimpy. Hell, pretty much all of the characters in the world are really just stereotypical caricatures of whatever "class" they represent rather than real people. And it all is done very deliberately in the typical over-the-top, tongue-in-cheek GTA style that makes it too ridiculous to be offensive. Of course someone is invariably always going to get their panties in a twist over every little thing, but to paraphrase Jay Wilson, "Fuck those losers".

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2013, 18:40.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12424 Comments. 622 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo