Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12415 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 24, 2013, 08:50 Prez

Only half of the gaming press there were backers of Fargo's 'Wasteland 2'? It should have been all of them!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
61. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 16:30 Prez

My desktop PC at home is pretty much exclusively used for gaming and some web browsing, so a SteamOS type of deal would be awesome for that.

Yep. Just make it so OpenOffice can run on it and some kind of DirectX emulator.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
1. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 13:24 Prez

He'll, since Valve cares more about the desktop PC than the morons at Microsoft they ought to design an OS for the PC too!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2013, 00:13 Prez

Holy shitsnacks that was just absolutely painful watching that Packers game.

Try being a Giants Fan. Exhausted The Packers are easily the best 1-2 team in the league and if they don't make a big turnaround I'd be surprised.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 22, 2013, 23:57 Prez

I plan on getting State of Decay as soon as they add mouse and keyboard support. They pretty much verified it would be added when they said it is only playable with a 360 controller or equivalent FOR NOW.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 22, 2013, 23:25 Prez

I love Amazon mp3 - it's where I buy all of my music now. As a hobbyist DJ I have over 20,000 songs, and since the vast majority were bought through Amazon (very cheaply too - they run great sales there) I don't have top pay anything to store them on the cloud. Even when the CD is cheaper than the mp3, very often the CD will be an "Autorip" CD which means you get the mp3 version free stored on the cloud for free and playable through any wireless device.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
56. Re: Op Ed Sep 22, 2013, 09:20 Prez

yuastnav wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 04:39:
I never said anything about the content of his post.
I merely pointed out that prolonged exposure to "internet culture" diluted some people's mind in such a way that they fail to differentiate between complaining and whining.

In that case you are correct sir!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
54. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 22:07 Prez

It's not a matter of agreement or liking it or not. His whole point was utterly nonsensical.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Takedown: Red Sabre
8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Takedown: Red Sabre Sep 21, 2013, 22:03 Prez

From the sound of things they may have released too early. My guess is they ran out of money - iirc they asked for very little money during the kickstarter. Come to think of it I backed this way back when. I wonder how to get my copy now that it's finished. Sort of...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 21:46 Prez

Are you sure you're not letting your take on their opinion color your words? Their website seems to indicate they report mostly on games and that opinion pieces like this are secondary at best.

I'll take your word for it because I will not give them the hit by going to check. But given that 2 op eds where they have to pontificate about mysoginy over nothing have been recently linked to on Blues I'd say that they have more than that. Their reviews also suck. Their reviews of inoffensive games like Rayman will be morality agnostic, sure, (unless they perceive Rayman as offensive to people with no arms and legs since he has none, which they might) but whenever there's a hint of something that even might give the perception of some small impropriety they will club you over the head with how awesome they are for being oh so brave and noble to report on it. It's frankly nauseating.

I guess that's a long way of saying "yes I'm sure I am not". I don't care whether they love PAX or want everyone who goes to it to die in a fire but I read gaming websites to learn about games not what some pretentious asshole is offended by this week. Especiially when it is painfully obvious that it is done in the desperate interest of getting hits for their shitty site.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2013, 21:55.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2013, 17:26 Prez

Jesus tap-dancing Christ the tools at RPS are a bunch of holier-than-thou pompous assholes. They report less on games than on how much better than you they are for feeling the correct way about every issue at all times.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 19, 2013, 23:15 Prez

Looking on the Steam page for CoH2 I noticed the game has a 80% critic score and a 17% user score. That is a HUGE disparity!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 19, 2013, 22:54 Prez

Ah, the age old question: "Should I try a game whose name I can't even hope to pronounce?"  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2013, 22:52 Prez

I like the part where he owes $46,000 in legal fees.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
71. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 21:22 Prez

Sorry but everything AT THIS POINT they have brought on themselves and is way beyond the yelling of 'over sensitive' types.

I couldn't give two shits about PA or PAX - the dudes can fall off the face if the earth for all I care. But frankly I hear nothing but oversensitive types whining and crying about this utter non-issue. "Voicing concern"??? Haha, that's funny. They are crying like spoiled children to get attention because their wittle bittie feewings were hurt. The problem gets worse when people actually give them attention, then like children they cry louder because they realize it works. The fact that a couple of guys who make a living acting immaturely have - GASP!!!- acted immaturely does not change the fact that a bunch of hypersensitive idiots like the author of this garbage Op Ed are keeping this dead-horse non-issue alive.That's what should be pissing you off.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
69. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 20:54 Prez

Kosumo wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 20:34:
"I have empathy for anyone who is abused ...."

Oh Yeah, we can totally tell that!

Pretty unfair - having empathy for victims and being put off by people who get offended too easily are not mutually exclusive. Just my two cents.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles
39. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 19, 2013, 20:43 Prez

The fact that DSFix was released so abruptly after Dark Souls debuted on PC smacks of either complete ineptitude or complete indifference on the part of the game's developer.

Yeah, that has a whole lot to do with how poorly the port was received I think. It's hard to dispute the logic really - If a modder with no connection to the developer can write a quick hack to fix the resolution in about a day after release, how hard of a tweak would it have been for the developer to make in the first place if they cared at all? I am perfectly able to make those tweaks on my own, so it's no big deal for me, but that is a fair point regardless.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
58. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 17:07 Prez

Well I completely disagree Yuastanav, but hopefully we can agree to disagree rather than start a flame war.

I miss the days when reviews told me just the basics, like was it enjoyable, or was it a slog? Does it keep you playing or did it bore you to tears? Was performance acceptable, or did it chug at times when a lot was going on? Was it stable, or did it crash your computer? Did you feel you got full price value out of it (or more), or did you feel like it was over-priced? How about the story, the setting, the dialog, the voice acting, etc? I couldn't care any less if you think that a game about gangsters is misogynist, or a game based in the Middle East involves too much shooting of brown people. How fucking useless is that? Like I said I find it not only annoying, but arrogant and pretentious as well, as if I need you to illustrate your moral superiority or tell me I should feel the same way about these things. Any reviewer who does it will never get read by me again, and I am pretty sure I have seen each and every hack at RPS do it, so yeah, they suck.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 16:44 Prez

Suggested phrases: "Shiver me timbers!" "Blow me down!" "Statistics show that piracy actually increases sales!" Yaaar!

LOL! That Blue sure is a clever fellow!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
53. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 16:35 Prez

yuastnav wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 16:29:
Prez wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 16:22:
Redmask wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 15:36:
So avoid their opinion pieces? They still do great reviews and other features. There aren't many quality PC sites of their caliber and they tend to ask harder questions in interviews than cheerleaders like IGN.

Admittedly I haven't read a lot of their interviews, so I'll concede that point, but I haven't been all that impressed with their reviews to be honest. Many (most?) of them lack a lot of the key info I look for in a good review. If their self-important preachy viewpoints stayed out of their reviews then I could probably take your advice, but the writers can never seem to just review the game without interjecting their own moral viewpoint into them which is something I find supremely annoying. Their previews are all "Ra-Ra-Ra!" advertising just like most every other games news outlet, so they are pretty useless. I have been reading RPS for a long time so I think I am qualified to say they are the worst they've ever been right now.

Uhm, what?
How is that supposed to work? Every review is going to be based on the preferences, viewpoints and the morality of the one reviewing it.

I'll see your "Um what?" and raise you a "WTF???". Since when are the reviewers personal moral viewpoints an essential part of a review? That is just crazy talk. The next thing you'll be telling me that if the reviewer is a Republican he ought to be reviewing it from a conservative viewpoint. "This game doesn't tell us that gay marriage is wrong so it's BAD!" Confused

- Mahatma Gandhi

12415 Comments. 621 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo