Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12673 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2013, 18:00 Prez

Hanover wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 16:11:
Prez wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 15:37:
Quinn wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 14:39:
Prez, does that game still only support controllers? I'm intrigued by your enthousiasm.

I play it with mouse and keyboard and it works great. The only thing is that as of right now there is no official key rebinding (not sure about mods or config tweaks) but future updates will include that. I think it's supposed to be in next week's update. Anyway, don't get me wrong - I'm not guaranteeing that everyone will love it like I do. I am just giving my personal impression of it; your mileage may vary.
I bought and played it for the first time last night and use K&M just fine. I also bound a few keys from within the UI without any mods.

Wow - really? I guess the update has landed already. Cool!

LOL@ Quinn!!!

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2013, 20:49.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
70. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 15:39 Prez

So, SO very sad for you Blue. For us dog lovers losing dogs is like losing children. This is NOT a good day, but time heals this wound.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2013, 15:37 Prez

Quinn wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 14:39:
Prez, does that game still only support controllers? I'm intrigued by your enthousiasm.

I play it with mouse and keyboard and it works great. The only thing is that as of right now there is no official key rebinding (not sure about mods or config tweaks) but future updates will include that. I think it's supposed to be in next week's update. Anyway, don't get me wrong - I'm not guaranteeing that everyone will love it like I do. I am just giving my personal impression of it; your mileage may vary.

- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2013, 14:31 Prez

I am LOVING State of Decay! You know that game that makes you stay up way past your bedtime and makes you wish work would just hurry up and get over with so you could go home and play it? That's 'State of Decay' for me. I am addicted to leveling up my survivors and keeping them alive (though I am not always successful at that). I thought I was sick of zombie games; clearly the genre has some life left in it though.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
82. Re: John Carmack Leaves id Software Nov 23, 2013, 17:28 Prez

Deathbishop wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 09:59:
I'm put him in the same category as someone like Garriot. Pioneered in the 90's but pretty irrelevant in recent (think last decade) times. I agree, it was his focus and direction that really has driven the FPS (and PC gaming in general) to what it is today.

The fact of the matter is the industry is not what it was in the 90's anymore. You can say he had something to do with that but in another sense it's like the industry has passed him by as well.

My sentiments exactly.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Two New Space Hulk Campaigns
8. Re: Two New Space Hulk Campaigns Nov 22, 2013, 23:12 Prez

Also this is a purely dice rolling game. It's contrived, this is why you miss a guy that's standing right in front of you.

This is what a lot of the reviewers who wrote a bad review missed - like the PC adaptation of Blood Bowl, the game is strictly based on dice rolls (you can even see the die rolls on screen!) just like the board game. It was infuriating in BB when your passer couldn't hit a reciver 3 feet away, or the guy in the clear one space from the endzone fumbles, but it's all about the luck of the dice rolls, and really, I wouldn't have it any other way.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Patched
9. Re: Total War: ROME II Patched Nov 22, 2013, 16:26 Prez

Not saying their games are bad, btw. I actually got Shogun 2, but I long ago stopped believing their AI promises. The AI in the Total War series is Total Shit. Always has been, and always will be, because they refuse to put any actual work into it, despite their promises that the entire collective intelligence of the human race was employed to create it.

Thank God the games are moddable - the Darth Mod for Shogun 2 (also for Empire) made the AI very aggressive and efficient in my experience.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
30. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 22, 2013, 16:22 Prez

My understanding is that a PC can't be "bricked" because it isn't a sealed box full of un-changeable proprietary parts like a console or a tablet. If a motherboard dies it is a simple matter of replacing it and re-installing drivers, so I don't consider the PC bricked. If the XBone motherboard dies the whole console is "bricked" because there isn't a damn thing the user can do but send it in.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Two New Space Hulk Campaigns
2. Re: Two New Space Hulk Campaigns Nov 22, 2013, 16:14 Prez

The reviews have been pretty poor for Space Hulk, but I've spoken to two different people who said the game is It's more a diamond in the rough than an out and out bad game from what I've heard.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
15. Re: Game Reviews Nov 21, 2013, 23:49 Prez

On the subject of State of Decay, I have to say that I am liking it even more than I thought I would when I saw it for the first time and said "Oh hell yeah!". Having a ridiculous amount of fun with it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Game Reviews Nov 21, 2013, 23:48 Prez

nin wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 10:40:
Yeah, I'm glad I didn't get it, but still disappointed how it's doing, out of the gate.

Yep - same here. These games are right up my alley and it pains me to see a potentially great space sim released WAY too soon. I would suggest to people disappointed by Rebirth maybe try out 'Evochron Mercenary' (Steam link given but Steam isn't required afaik)- it could sort of be considered "X-lite" but it is a really good sandbox space game in its own right.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > RAGE Free Weekend
5. Re: RAGE Free Weekend Nov 21, 2013, 21:41 Prez

I rate RAGE a lot higher than most here. The pop-in was ri-goddamn-diculous but the game was enjoyable I thought. The shooting was visceral and fun and the driving was a nice change of pace.

We never needed much of an excuse to shoot shit in an id game before!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 21, 2013, 21:35 Prez

Slashman wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 17:01:
KS wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 15:51:
It was a cute and clever phrase; now it's ruined.

q'd

It's generally only a matter of time.

Yeah - like "Billy Bass". It was cute the first time I saw it. The next thousand? Not so much.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
27. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 21, 2013, 17:22 Prez

I don't know of an electronic device with a failure rate over 50%.

For me the Nintendo Wii had a 100% fail rate. The two I bought new for my kids both died (the second one replaced the first dead one), as well as the one I got off of ebay for a pittance. Oddly enough, the ebay one survived longer than the other 2 - it just died last week after about 18 months of working without a hitch.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Entire Wing Commander Series Now on GOG.com
24. Re: Entire Wing Commander Series Now on GOG.com Nov 21, 2013, 17:15 Prez

Wing Commander Saga looks amazing, (kudos to the dev team!) but judging from the screenshots on the website it looks as though there is no cockpit view. I would really miss the cockpit view - it just wouldn't feel like Wing Commander to me without it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 21, 2013, 14:25 Prez

I prefer "Because fuck people, that's why."  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Into the Black Nov 21, 2013, 01:00 Prez

You can trust Microsoft with your privacy.

Rotfl

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Black Mesa Goes Commercial
17. Re: Black Mesa Goes Commercial Nov 20, 2013, 13:03 Prez

I never tried the Black Mesa mod because I wanted to wait for the remade Xen portion but it looks like the free version of that is never coming now. Oh well, the whole package will be able to be had for a pittance on a Steam sale sometime in the future - I'll wait til then I guess.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Nov 20, 2013, 11:40 Prez

There are bits of Western cultural that are so widespread throughout western civilization that they are practically universal - our prevalent style of architecture for example There is also a lot of consistency in the type of entertainment we prefer, styles of dress, the foods we eat, etc. Certainly our system of government is a universal fact. But there are so many areas where people of the west are at bipolar opposites from one another (southern country folk and northern city dwellers for example) that someone, depending on who is dispensing the information, can really be misled on what "Western Culture" actually entails.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall (Berlin) in January
5. Re: Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall (Berlin) in January Nov 19, 2013, 13:10 Prez

A new campaign? YAY!! \o/

A 'Save Anywhere' function? Double Yay!!!! \o/ \o/

- Mahatma Gandhi

12673 Comments. 634 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo