Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 13057 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
96. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 30, 2014, 18:00 Prez

I remember levels like "The Library" (I think) being a nightmare, with you only knowing if you were going the right way because you had new The Flood to fight, and The Flood sucked.

I actually didn't mind the Flood - I thought it was a cool change of pace - but the library was awful because of of the recycled architectured and textures. It could have been SO much better.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

89. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 30, 2014, 10:57 Prez

What bothered me about Halo so much was how such a potentially great PC game suffered because of being a console game. The recycled textures (used because of the Xbox's limited memory) were so bad that they had to put arrows on the floor otherwise you wouldn't realize you were heading back the way you came for several minutes because everything looked exactly the same. Otherwise I thought the game was brilliant for its time.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 15M
2. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 15M Apr 30, 2014, 10:14 Prez

I don't play Minecraft but I love this success story for exactly the reason Omni mentioned.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

87. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 30, 2014, 10:05 Prez

Why be mad at Bungie? They did what any small game company would do when an industry giant waved a massive check in their faces. Microsoft decided to slight PC gamers, not Bungie.

At this point this decision is probably based on the realization that they really aren't relevant in the PC space any longer as much as anything and it would be dicey to try to bring a new property to the PC at this point. If the game is a huge hit on consoles I would expect that it would make it to PC eventually, barring any exclusivity deals I don't know about of course.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
58. Re: Star Citizen Apr 27, 2014, 08:48 Prez

Tons of bickering, name-calling, and negativity... must be a Star Citizen thread on Bluesnews!

Seriously though while I can understand the reservations people have, it's definitely worth mentioning that Chris Roberts is NOT Peter Molyneux. He delivers what he promises. From what I've seen the game is coming together pretty nicely. The boring videos notwithstanding (ones that he is only putting out because of the unique situation of needing to deliver a continuous stream of updates because of kickstarter), I really am starting to get the sense that this game, while sure to be somewhat of a mess on release - how can a game this ambitious not be? - is going to end being exactly what he said it would eventually. I'm not completely sold yet, but I am far more optimistic than I was a year ago.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Obsidian: New Kickstarter Hopefully This Year
19. Re: Obsidian: New Kickstarter Hopefully This Year Apr 26, 2014, 12:51 Prez

If there's any company that should be looking at crowdsourcing, it's Obsidian.

That's the way I see it too. I disagree with Cutter and CJ.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Apr 25, 2014, 12:12 Prez

I'll try it once they do away with the subscription.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
21. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2014, 09:50 Prez

The best browser to me is one I don't even have to think about when I'm using it. Considering I had to check to see that I was using Firefox, I guess it passes the test.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 24, 2014, 08:12 Prez

Sepharo wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 23:14:
It's all kind of pointless. These are the shows and episodes you can already buy on DVD. What I really want is the stuff that's currently on TV. Day-of, day-after, week-after... That'd all be fine with me but this is three years. Who cares.

I'm the opposite. I don't start watching a series until there is minimum of 2 seasons completed and the outlook for the show finishing is very good. Unless it's a throwaway comedy with not a whole lot of over-arching plot - like Archer for example - then I may watch it.

I can easily wait a few years before I start watching Game of Thrones, since the likelihood of it getting finished before then is small since the book series isn't even completed.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Privilege Apr 24, 2014, 08:06 Prez

It's been a while since some "journalist" dug this dead horse up. Polygon must be desperate for hits.

Agent.X7 said it best
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 21:44:
Zzzzzzz *snork* wha? Oh, more people whining about others being privileged on the internet. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 23, 2014, 18:16 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 14:49:
Pigeon wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 09:18:
Probably the best argument Netflix has for getting the kind of regulation its seeking. How can AT&T be expected to treat the traffic content services fairly when they're offering competing services?

Of course the old, 'You can trust us, we'd never do that... by the way on a totally unrelated note where do I send this campaign contribution check?', argument works pretty well.

I agree. Any ISP must divest itself of any media content delivery. It's an inherent conflict of interest. The gov't needs to step in and make this happen.

Agreed. Of course corporate lobbyists lining the pockets of congressmen and congresswomen ensure regulation of this kind is basically impossible.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
14. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 23, 2014, 10:03 Prez

I linked my FB account with the Digital Shadow site and the "infiltrating target" percentage remained at 0% forever. I must be off the grid! Yay me! \o/  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
7. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 12:00 Prez

With it not being on Steam, it would pretty much be Game of the Year material for me to buy it. I think Origin is better than it used to be, but that only means it sucks less. And it is still owned and operated by EA, who suck.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2014, 10:04 Prez

Oh goodie! Now I can reach my data cap in 30 seconds!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
65. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 17, 2014, 08:29 Prez

nin wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 15:00:
NegaDeath wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 14:58:
I think I can take blame for some of that percentage (damn you steam sales). However I've put a nip in that habit...mostly...by stopping before I hit buy and asking myself to mentally picture when I'll actually get around to playing it.

I blame Prez. I mean, he owns the entire catalog, right?

But but, I play a lot of them! Okay, yeah, my percentage is pretty sad. Much worse than I thought. It's not my fault I have no time to play games!

- Mahatma Gandhi

22. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2014, 14:35 Prez

Lighten up buttercup

Seriously. I have a plane sticking out of my ass but I still can see the humor here!

Now how do I take a selfie like this?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
13. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 09:39 Prez

That's probably close to my personal percentage actually. I'll get to them evetually.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2014, 09:37 Prez

Only if you have a *ahem* "portfolio"...

I've been trying to get this stupid model plane to fit up my ass all morning...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
187. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 16, 2014, 09:20 Prez

Oh lighten up - it was a joke!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
185. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 16, 2014, 08:07 Prez

It's been a while since we had a 200+ post thread. Can't you guys keep arguing a bit more?

I heard Chris Roberts is a gay-bashing Tea Partier who belongs to the Westboro Baptist Church!

- Mahatma Gandhi

13057 Comments. 653 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo