Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12493 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition Oct 23, 2013, 12:12 Prez

I never messed with Rockband but what I'm getting from you guys is that this is standard practice. It still just seems crappy to me, but I'll just buy the game on a sale and then pay the 10 bucks. Hopefully there will be a GMG coupon for it soon.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rocksmith 2014 Edition Oct 23, 2013, 11:45 Prez

I don't mind the $60 price too much (though it is a bit high) but what bothers me is that they have the nerve to charge owners of the original 10 bucks to import the old songs. That's kind of shitty.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Oct 23, 2013, 09:36 Prez

Tried to buy Sir...Hunted last night and I broke Steam while doing it. Apologies to anyone who was inconvenienced. Luckily they got it working again.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
81. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 22, 2013, 15:55 Prez

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 08:38:
Awww, did I offend some of you?

Instead of trying to provoke a ban, why not just stop coming here if you don't want to be here anymore? It seems to me you would have had to have been a gaming fan at one point since you signed up here; why not stay and talk about gaming and save the politics for the political forums (of which there are many)?

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2013, 13:27 Prez

Food-motivated and food aggressive dogs are extremely easy to medicate - just wrap the pill in anything from cheese to a ball of soft cat food. The non-food driven dogs are the tough ones. You basically have two options 1) grind it and sprinkle the powder over their dinner (not really viable when there is more than one dog in the house or the pen) and eventually they will ingest it or 2) Get the dog still, grasp the dog's jaws and force it in from the side of the mouth pushing it as far down the throat as it will go. Do it fast and do it right the first time so it's not overly traumatic for the dog.

We have to do that sometimes with the extremely shy/timid animals or ones that are too sick to have an appetite.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
25. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 20:10 Prez

m00t wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:35:
Rattlehead wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:31:
What is Garry's Incident
Garbage

and besides this fiasco should I care?
No.

Well, you should care as far as to watch the "I Broke Day One: Gary's Shitty Incident" because it's funny.

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1316120

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
10. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 18:32 Prez

As TB said permission for monetization wasn't expressly given in writing but it was strongly implied. Even so they did the right thing here; it's going to help them in the long run, especially if they ever manage to get a solid game out the door.

Hopefully TB had the infringement strike by Youtube rescinded as it clearly was unwarranted. Maybe this will help fix the broken system over there.

- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 14:15 Prez

Blue wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 12:31:
Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 12:22:
Keep yer chin up, Huddy! And I hope this isn't all too stressful on the Gunnar-man either.

The past several days he's become quite concerned about her, as she'll have episodes of extremely labored breathing and great distress. He keeps her constant company, and can't even eat for more than 10 seconds straight without running in to check on her. He's also concerned when she leaves, but now that she's been gone at the vet for a while he settled down. I think he trusts she's coming back. I wish I was as confident, and hope that he's right.

I was going to hold off on giving this advice since it could be taken as an ill omen, but in case things go south in a hurry (which we all hope does NOT happen!!):

When the inescapable eventuality becomes reality and we lose a dog at the shelter I find that the separation anxiety of the surviving animals who were closest to him or her is greatly lessened by bringing the body of our deceased best friend back for them to smell and investigate. Dogs "get" death very well, and much like us they have a mourning process that they need to go through - seeing/smelling the body seems to be an extremely helpful step in that process. In truth we generally see dogs having a much harder time with adopotions that separate life-long dog mates. There is no real closure; just one day their friend is there and next they aren't. The separation anxiety can be pretty rough in adoptions, whereas dogs seem to be able to move on after death pretty easily. Humans are another issue - I still hurt bad over two dogs we lost last week...

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Report: Alien: Isolation TMed
3. Re: Report: Alien: Isolation TMed Oct 21, 2013, 12:48 Prez

I'm guessing the decorative magnets will be the most fun considering the recent history of Alien games.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident
10. Re: Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident Oct 21, 2013, 12:03 Prez

Watched the TB video, shared and liked it, and put Wild Games Studio on my list of studios never to buy a fucking thing from.

The bigger issue here is really how easy it is for companies to quash videos they don't like under the guise of copyright infringement when it is clearly not a case of such. Google needs to fix this like yesterday.

- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 11:10 Prez

As someone who deeply understands and cherishes the magical bond with a great dog I of course wish Hudson and Blue the best of health and luck.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

69. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 21, 2013, 10:55 Prez

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:02:
Does the STEAM description misleads the buyer somehow?
If that's the case, I would want a refund for sure.

From what I can see it doesn't mislead anyone. It doesn't claim to have a satisfying conclusion to its story anyway.

If you liked the game up until the point where you go through a nondescript door and the game just stops then you probably at least got your $15-worth out of it. I would expect that you would feel completely unsatisfied and never buy from this developer again unless they made some pretty serious amends.

Episodic is fine, but shouldn't it end with a big boss battle?

Not necessarily a boss battle - which is an ancient videogame trope anyway - but at least some sort of climatic event that would mark the end of the chapter.

- Mahatma Gandhi

58. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 21, 2013, 07:32 Prez

jdreyer wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 03:43:
And I gotta agree with the regulars, let's not "ruin" a gaming thread with political discussion. Blue seeds one or two threads a day with political stories, so let's limit it to those so we don't annoy other people.

And if someone slips up, and posts a political comment in a gaming thread, please be an adult and don't take the bait and turn a spark into a conflagration. Be the bigger person and let it go.

We're an aging bunch, and politics is getting more important to us. We're also a competitive bunch, and hate to lose. But I love this site, and don't want people turned off. There needs to be balance, and we can have that by just keeping to the designated topics.

Thanks

QFMFT!!!!!!!!!

- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: Total Biscuit Oct 20, 2013, 22:47 Prez

nin wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 21:20:
I see they've backed down. I really hope that the publicity gives TB a boost and not Wild Games or DOGI.

I certainly won't buy their game now. I hope others won't as well.

No chance in hell that I will.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 20, 2013, 19:41 Prez

I always hear population density given as an excuse as to why the US lags so far behind everyone else. Don't they have farmers and people who live in the boonies in Europe too?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

23. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 20, 2013, 19:20 Prez

Of course there should be no refunds, but an indie developer`s reputation is critically important, and this can be very damaging. A bad ending is one thing, but judging from the video this game basically has no ending at all - it just stops.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 20, 2013, 14:38 Prez

That is a completely deflating ending. It turned what seems like it was an enjoyable experience into a WTF?! moment instantly. Major FUBAR by the dev. A simple "To Be Continued" would have been better; at least fans could hope for a proper story resolution.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2013, 19:56 Prez

In my opinion the question for Nintendo in cases like these should be less about "Can they?" and more about "Should they?" When it comes to legality, the laws are heavily in favor of the rights holder. But that shouldn't mean awesome sites like this one should be "Foxed" without mercy. Only the most egregious infringements that do harm to the brand should suffer that fate. There's little to gain in being so heavy handed and quite a bit of harm can result to the company's reputation.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2013, 11:18 Prez

"Treasure preciously every moment with your dog as if it will be your last. Burn the memories you guys make together indelibly into you memory so that he or she will always be with you, even after they pass on. Your dog doesn't die; though he or she moves on from being in your presence to being in your memory, their place remains forever unchanged in your heart. Cherish the space in it which they claim always".

Author Unknown

The best therapy for the loss of a dog is a new dog.

Me

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Arkham Games Ditch GFWL
42. Re: Arkham Games Ditch GFWL Oct 18, 2013, 10:35 Prez

I am liking this trend a lot, though I`m guessing Steam detractors are not.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

12493 Comments. 625 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo