Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12856 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
49. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 9, 2014, 19:46 Prez

Sometimes I think you are just arguing over this for the sake of argument.

Sometimes?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
38. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 9, 2014, 17:55 Prez

Just last week there was an attack at the high school not half a mile from my house. The perp was a former student who came with a knife. The police came and the perp attacked them. They could have easily shot him dead for that, but instead shot him in the arm so he dropped the knife. The kid has a history of mental illness, and apparently went off his meds. Now he'll have a chance at recovery.

Good for those cops. Some cops wouldn't be so gracious. I'm thinking specifically of the case of the mentally ill kid in North Carolina who was shot dead because he attacked officers with a screwdriver in his own home after his parents called the police to help calm him down.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Our RoboCop Remake - (Full Movie) on Vimeo. Feb 9, 2014, 17:37 Prez

Well I watched the Robocop remake until the interpretive dance scene. It is definitely... um... different.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
19. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 9, 2014, 17:05 Prez

I'm kind of proud of the fact that I have never heard of "Flappy Birds" (or "Fappy Birds"!) until just now. Although the idea of making 50 grand a day makes me drool.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Dying Light Tease
21. Re: Dying Light Tease Feb 9, 2014, 10:35 Prez

Zombie game may be old hat but I still like them. I especially liked Dead Island and Riptide even if the latter had almost no improvements over the original.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

24. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 8, 2014, 16:36 Prez

NKD wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 16:15:
Prez wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 14:39:
Uh, iMax has been doing fine for decades. Their screens are curved.

Yes, but are they "better"?

3D is awesome when it is done right. Avatar, The Hobbit, Tin Tin, Wreck It Ralph - All done in native 3D, all look great in the theater and on my 55" LG.

Until I can watch a 3D movie without looking like a retarded Robocop with those goofy glasses I don't give a rodent's rectum about 3D movies.

Dunno where you're watching your movies, but at the theater I go to they basically just look like a cheap pair of sunglasses.

Great, now you've got me singing ZZ Top in my head!

FWIW the glasses I used to watch 'Avatar' at Malco Theater in Memphis were big, black, ugly and heavy. (No Oprah Winfrey jokes!!)

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
66. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 8, 2014, 15:33 Prez

I don't have any friends either. And my IQ is 85.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash
18. Re: Pillars of Eternity Slowed by Cash Feb 8, 2014, 15:17 Prez

Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 15:01:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 13:53:
Why are you guys being so nice? Take the article, switch "Pillars of Eternity" to "Star Citizen" and watch the flames.

Right, because Pillars is still adding stretch goals and bringing in money and adding entire teams etc etc etc. It's TOTALLY the same thing!

I don't have a problem with either situation really. I guess I just bitch less now that I am old.

- Mahatma Gandhi

18. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 8, 2014, 14:39 Prez

Uh, iMax has been doing fine for decades. Their screens are curved.

Yes, but are they "better"?

3D is awesome when it is done right. Avatar, The Hobbit, Tin Tin, Wreck It Ralph - All done in native 3D, all look great in the theater and on my 55" LG.

Until I can watch a 3D movie without looking like a retarded Robocop with those goofy glasses I don't give a rodent's rectum about 3D movies.

- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 8, 2014, 14:28 Prez

The guy sitting in front of you texting that you have to end up shooting dead with a gun and spending the rest of your life behind bars.

Not to hijack the thread but I saw the surveillance video where the man got shot (who knew they film you while you're watching a movie?) and I kind of saw the old dude's side a little more. The other guy (much younger and bigger than the shooter) acted pretty beligerently with the popcorn grab and throwing what looks like his cell phone. My point is not to say that he deserved to get shot for it (because a death sentence is kind of a harsh penatly for that) but it ought to be a lesson to people that acting like an obnoxious gorilla is often dangerous to your health and should be avoided. Regardless, people are assholes which brings us back around to Slim's and Horror's point that going to the theater is usually not worth the hassle and frustration.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Feb 7, 2014, 21:03 Prez

Bethesda can of course make whatever game they want and charge whatever and however they want, but for a title to be successful it seems to me that it also has to be a game that a significant portion of the market wants. I have spoken with dozens upon dozens of Elder Scrolls games fans over the years both online and off and I honestly can't think of a single time I've ever heard anyone wish for an Elder Scrolls MMOG. At absolute most I've heard the occasional wish for a coop experience so friends can share the game together, but even that was never very common. I have to think that Bethesda is going to fall on its face with this one, but who knows? I suck mightily at making predictions. To be totally honest I have to admit I am very sincerely hoping this game fails utterly for the sole reason that single player gamers need Bethesda making single player RPG' s. A successful foray into the lucrative monthly fee MMOG could effectively end that for us.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies 2 Announced
13. Re: SPAZ? Feb 7, 2014, 15:11 Prez

Creston wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 14:05:
Was the first one any good? Several peeps seemed to like it, but what about it was good?

It was a little bit Star Control, a little bit Elite, and a little bit Space Rangers. Mixed together with simple yet elegant mechanics and it was just a ton of fun.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies 2 Announced
7. Re: Space Pirates and Zombies 2 Announced Feb 7, 2014, 12:15 Prez

I loved SPAZ - hopefully the sequel addresses the few complaints I had with the original.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
133. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 6, 2014, 13:09 Prez

When I game I really like to get into a role. So if the name of the game is "Thief", and I am playing the part of THE master thief Garrett, and there is a locked safe hidden in a mansion crawling with guards, that is all the motivation I need. I AM going to have the shiny!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 6, 2014, 09:49 Prez

Interesting that the two stories are about EA and Comcast, two of the most hated companies in America. And from the stories listed, neither is likely to see an improvement. I especially love how Comcast charges me for overages but then feels free to use my network to allow others to connect to the internet. Fuck you Comcast.

Update: As confirmed by Gamasutra, EA has employed a rather sneaky system for rating the game. As spotted by Mike Robinson on Twitter, when Dungeon Keeper asks you to rate the game on Android and you choose to give it less than 5 stars, the game doesn't allow you to do so, and instead asks you to message the company with your feedback.

'Shameless' doesn't even cover it.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 12:17 Prez

Best. Thread. EVAH!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
112. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 5, 2014, 03:43 Prez

Avoiding the current debate about Deus Ex versus Thief (both are absolute classics yet different in style), I'd rather address the unease I am feeling at reading the kind of negative overall response to the trailer. I absolutely loved Thief and Thief 2 is in the top 5 of my 'Best of All Time List', and to be honest, I thought the game in the trailer looked awesome (The graphics aren't nearly as far behind the times as the original Thief was when it was released so clearly the series is not about graphics). I am starting to worry I am somehow not discerning enough when it comes to games - am I one of those simpletons who is distracted by flashy trailers with cool little cinematic touches or something? I don't feel like a simpleton, but I can't help thinking that the game in the trailer looks fantastic, which leaves me wondering why I am at odss with the apparent majority who thinks this looks like a simple cash-in on the name. I just don't get it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

41. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2014, 01:01 Prez

Beamer wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 17:38:
Prez wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 17:12:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 15:53:

Drug od at 46? Hows that legal argument now?

So if someone commits suicide with a gun should those be illegal too? I am extremely libertarian when it comes to individual rights, so yes, I absolutely think drugs should be legal.

All drugs?
Meth and PCP?

Yep. It's not like the people addicted to stuff like that are having any problem getting it while it's illegal. All we're doing is wasting tax money and wasting the time and efforts of good guys like Bats on what amounts to a completely futile effort. Why don't we instead spend some of those wasted resources on getting the people who need help with their addictions rehabilitated? Criminalizing them and incarcerating them does way more harm than good.

- Mahatma Gandhi

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2014, 17:12 Prez

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 15:53:

Drug od at 46? Hows that legal argument now?

So if someone commits suicide with a gun should those be illegal too? I am extremely libertarian when it comes to individual rights, so yes, I absolutely think drugs should be legal.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > EA Class Action Suit Plans
7. Re: EA Class Action Suit Plans Feb 1, 2014, 14:27 Prez

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 1, 2014, 14:13:
Dirwulf wrote on Feb 1, 2014, 13:58:

I think the point that you are missing is it delayed other titles. Shareholders should not be happy about this.
As a shareholder, I don't give a fuck. I'm still up 27% for the 1.5yr period since I bought in, and let's be realistic that's one hell of a return. It was the people trying to ride the short-term(3-6mo) gravy train that are whining.

I figure it is more likely the long-term stockholders that are mad. If you look at the 5 year graph for EA's stock price, that rise was only getting EA back to where it had been at the end of 2012. You bought in at a great time; long term investors needed the upward trend to keep going just to make the money they had lost back. Still, despite the dip following the release of BF4, the price still is a gainer over a 5 year period. Of course, it's only 1.5%, which isn't going to allow anyone to retire at 45.

- Mahatma Gandhi

12856 Comments. 643 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo