Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John Prezioso

Real Name John Prezioso   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Prez
Email prezjj@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 24, 2003, 03:25
Total Comments 12678 (Ninja)
User ID 17185

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Dec 15, 2013, 03:23 Prez

Blue wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 10:10:
nin wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 00:37:
Prez wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 00:30:
It's fairly new but I get the feeling the middling reviews hurt sales.

Whole team got axed.

Is our slightly klugy search system the reason when things like this come up that people end up referring to stories on other sites rather than when it was reported here? I see it happen fairly often, so I'm thinking this is something I should concern myself with.

Since you asked, yeah, the search function is a little wonky. I have tried using it in the past and it doesn't ever get me the story I am looking for, even though I know I saw it on here. I thought that maybe I was just a retard and didn't know how to search.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metal Gear Solid Revengeance on Steam "Any Day Now"
16. Re: Metal Gear Solid Revengeance on Steam Dec 15, 2013, 03:18 Prez

If the early metal gears are like this kind of hilarious, then hell yeah i want to play it

Oh my god, I laughed 'til I almost cried watching that. So much brilliance crammed into 3 minutes!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs
45. Re: MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs Dec 15, 2013, 02:23 Prez

What is just unbelievable to me is that in years not too long past if you wanted a gold mech, or a purple mech, or a sky-blue pink mech, whatever, all you had to do was download a free mod (or make it yourself). So game-makers have removed the ability for gamers themselves to make extra content for the game as was commonplace up until only recently, then turned around and started charging exorbitant prices for utterly ridiculous things like cosmetic upgrades and gamers are all too happy to pay for the privilege. Utterly mind-boggling. Stunned  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Metal Gear Solid Revengeance on Steam "Any Day Now"
14. Re: Metal Gear Solid Revengeance on Steam Dec 15, 2013, 01:57 Prez

I owned a PS1 at the time Metal Gear Solid came out. The voice acting was ridiculous. The sight cones were ridiculous. The characters were ridiculous. The character names were ridiculous. The story was beyond ridiculous - and I loved it all! It had that special something [ I don't know; the flair? The flavor? The charm? The whimsical yet serious poetic themes? ] Japanese developers infuse their games with that I have always been drawn to. I don't know if I still would like a Metal Gear game as much but it's nice to see games like this released on the PC nonetheless. There's room for everything in my book.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
108. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 14, 2013, 21:45 Prez

Unless you get killed in one shot, regenerating health does effectively ruin tension.

Tension is sort of a personal thing to my mind though, so what may ruin tension for you may not for someone else, kind of like that movie someone said was scary as shit but made you go "meh, not scary at all". I have a character in Borderlands that has an artifact that gives regenerating health AND a shield that recharges super rapidly yet I get into tense firefights all the time. In the same situation you may not find them tense at all, perhaps because you play games differently than I do or are just flat out better at shooters but in such a case, neither of us is "wrong" per se. Which to me brings the whole issue back to the point I've been making for years now - it isn't a matter of which is better, it's a matter of which you prefer. Good game and level design can make either work excellently in my opinion, though I will concede that regenerating health is more conducive to lazy level design, which I suspect might be the biggest reason it is reviled by many more hardcore gamers like yourself.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2013, 18:54 Prez

Julio wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 18:36:
Prez wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 18:25:
I may be nuts, but I'm excited for the Terminator reboot.

You're not nuts. Anything Terminator is good...

Yeah that's how I feel too. I remember watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles yelling at the screen "No, no NO!!" as the writing got more and more goofy but I still watched each and every episode because it was Terminator dammit! Summer Glau made a pretty darn good Terminatrix, and Lena Headly played a good Sarah (especially for a British gal!), but some of the other casting choices were head-scratchers to say the least.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2013, 18:25 Prez

I may be nuts, but I'm excited for the Terminator reboot. I actually think the concept of Skynet and sentient machines being far closer to reality now than they were in 1984 makes the movie topical and more accessible to the general movie going audience as well as giving it a more urgent and foreboding feel. On the subject of Arnie being in it, I don't see I as a problem. A Terminator modeled as an older, smaller person would seem to make sense as it would stand out less and thus be a better infiltrator, no?  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ubisoft Restarted Rainbow Six: Patriots Development
8. Re: Ubisoft Restarted Rainbow Six: Patriots Development Dec 14, 2013, 04:52 Prez

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 03:24:
Eh, Hidden & Dangerous was always better than Rainbow Six...

I LOVED Hidden and Dangerous! It had its issues but it remains one of my best gaming memories ever!

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 14, 2013, 00:30 Prez

It's fairly new but I get the feeling the middling reviews hurt sales.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Ubisoft Restarted Rainbow Six: Patriots Development
3. Re: Ubisoft Restarted Rainbow Six: Patriots Development Dec 14, 2013, 00:28 Prez

I loved the original Rainbow Six and its sequel, but they kicked my ass. I remember the planning stage taking far longer than the execution stage, and after all that my plan never worked out like I wanted it to and the hostages always were killed.

I actually really like the R6 Vegas games, but they were so different from the originals that it really felt like they belonged in a different series.

- Mahatma Gandhi

106. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 14, 2013, 00:22 Prez

No I can't understand it because your point is based on wrong assumptions and dumb logic. You really stepped in it and now you're just deflecting.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2013, 21:52 Prez

I'm with Harlock - mine is X:Rebirth. I was hoping for stellar reviews by space sim nuts like myself; instead the near-universal consensus among them is that it's really just a resurrected Xbox 360 reject hurriedly dumped onto PC.

Yeah, such a bummer that Bioshock was a FPS. You know, since the entire series has been. And even System Shock 2 was pretty much. But, you know, should have been a point and click. Derp.

Agreed. I thought that was one of the stupidest things I've read in a while myself.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 13, 2013, 21:48 Prez

I really don't get alot of the Steam user reviews. Specifically concerning 'The Bureau', in many reviews at first glance you'll see a thumbs up and a "Recommended" heading, but in the body of the review they basically slag the game. Did they click on the wrong icon? Did they mean to click "Not Recommended/Thumbs Down"? Other reviews do the exact opposite - have a "Not Recommednded" heading but a pretty positive review. Very confusing. Your best bet is probably to just ignore the heading and read the body of each review. Some are very thorough and well-written.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

104. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 21:16 Prez

No because you're still wrong and still acting like your personal opinions are facts.

Yep, but he isn't special. One of a billion know-it-all internet elitists, easily ignored. I play the games the way I like to play them, and to be blunt, you can fuck off if you don't like it. I don't take kindly to snobbish idiots who think they can tell me how I am supposed to play my games. Middlefinger

All I've ever been focused on is the stupid thing you said.
You've been trying to play it off like it wasn't stupid.

Another internet elitist trademark. Say something mind-numbingly retarded then play it off like he didn't really say it. Sad, pathetic little people. Puppyeyes

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2013, 21:21.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
9. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 13, 2013, 02:51 Prez

atomicfro wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 02:06:
Creston wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 23:22:
... Let every state handle its own business, and we all just pay a defense tax to pay for the army.

Having a standing army is also verboten in the constitution, though having a navy is ok.

Not precisely. Article I, Section 8 says "The Congress shall have the Power To … raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years." Which I think most constitutional scholars take to mean that Congress has to renew funding for the Army every two years otherwise it is disbanded. That's the way I always understood it anyway, and my professor at college agreed.

- Mahatma Gandhi

86. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 13, 2013, 01:35 Prez

descender wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 00:44:
If you quick save in "a bad spot" you deserve to be frustrated for trying to cheat in the first place.

Eh? How is it cheating to use a feature the devs put in the game? If I save my game after a fight that leaves me with little health, and I need to get through 3 more fights before I can reach the health I just "deserve to be frustrated"? Thank all that is holy you aren't a developer.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Dec 13, 2013, 00:02 Prez

Dear Santa Gabe, Santa

I want Kebal Space Program, and Grim Dawn, and Assassins Creed 4, and Planetary Annhilation, and Batman Origins, and Shadow Warrior, and South Park, and Walking Dead Season 2, and Splinter Cell Blacklist, and ...

... 500 games later... and that's all I want. Not one other thing!

Xmastree

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Terminal Reality Closed?
2. Re: Terminal Reality Closed? Dec 12, 2013, 22:38 Prez

As far as I know the only Terminal Reality game I ever tried was "Nocturne", and I don't really remember anything about it.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Dec 12, 2013, 22:35 Prez

A tablet game? Really?

If there is a god, and he at all likes sci-fi, he will make this game so popular that the series will be re-booted with the same cast. Either that or forget the whole part about SPOILER: Shep and Wash dying, as they need to be in the series.

- Mahatma Gandhi

News Comments > Al Lowe Leaves Replay: Sex Actually Involved
6. Re: Al Lowe Leaves Replay: Sex Actually Involved Dec 12, 2013, 22:32 Prez

Damn. You would think that if Al Lowe were involved in a sex scandal, it would at least be of the "hetero" kind!  

- Mahatma Gandhi

12678 Comments. 634 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo